Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

I would really like to be able to sign my 2nd team into a competition. I have promoted Bochum to the 1. Bundesliga and only the u19 team is now registered to a competition, so I have to organise a lot of friendlies for the second team year after year.

Now I have positioned myself in the top of the first Bundesliga, it would be nice if the players in the second team can get real playing experience like the second team of Bayern and Dortmund do into a real competition.

This would be a real improvement.

I would really like to be able to sign my 2nd team into a competition. I have promoted Bochum to the 1. Bundesliga and only the u19 team is now registered to a competition, so I have to organise a lot of friendlies for the second team year after year.

Now I have positioned myself in the top of the first Bundesliga, it would be nice if the players in the second team can get real playing experience like the second team of Bayern and Dortmund do into a real competition.

This would be a real improvement.

Your II team is already part of an official competition, in this case Bochum II start the game in Regionaliga West so there is a chance that they could earn promotion to the 3rd division but in the meantime they will be playing simulated regionaliga matches. There is no need to arrange extra friendlies as that will only increase the chances of players in the II team suffering from fatigue due to playing too many matches.

About individual training....it should be possible to train players aggression...anybody who ever trained football could find an example of little scary boy who turn into aggressive player over the years.

Next are goalkeepers, reflexes should also be able to train, it can be improve over the time, there are a lots of types of training to do that....

On the other hand, leadership qualities, IMO you have that or you don't. I don't think it is possible to teach someone to be a leader...

Your II team is already part of an official competition, in this case Bochum II start the game in Regionaliga West so there is a chance that they could earn promotion to the 3rd division but in the meantime they will be playing simulated regionaliga matches. There is no need to arrange extra friendlies as that will only increase the chances of players in the II team suffering from fatigue due to playing too many matches.

Could it be i didn't load these databases that I don't get an invitation for these competitions?

About individual training....it should be possible to train players aggression...anybody who ever trained football could find an example of little scary boy who turn into aggressive player over the years.

Next are goalkeepers, reflexes should also be able to train, it can be improve over the time, there are a lots of types of training to do that....

On the other hand, leadership qualities, IMO you have that or you don't. I don't think it is possible to teach someone to be a leader...

You can already train reflexes, if you have good enough training facilities.

Could it be i didn't load these databases that I don't get an invitation for these competitions?
It's not an invite based system, the II team are already part of the football pyramid & will be part of the selection pool when the game decides which 3 sides from the regionaliga will be promoted, there are 90 sides competing at level 4 across 5 sub divisions for those 3 places so the probability is not high but Bochum II do have a decent starting rep so it could happen.

As ever the bets way to get the most realistic experience in nations that have B/II teams in the lower leagues is to activate those leagues through the use of custom league files.

Why can't we save the staff responsibilities like a few other things that get stored in the game memory ( manager info for example ), it's really annoying when you start a new save to have to go into the responsibilities and set each one all over again as before.

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but a very small one (at least on the surface it is) but being able to select a birthplace without selecting the nationality of the birthplace. I was born in Germany but am not German nor do I speak the langue. I would love to be able to select my Birthplace without ending up half-German or able to speak German, as is true to life.

It might be an idea to change who is available to tutor slightly. I'm thinking any player who has coaching stats or has plans of going into coaching should always be available to tutor regardless of the status they have in the team. Similarly if players are icons or legends for the club it would make sense for older players to remain available to tutor. For example I had a 39 year old Totti at Roma who was unavailable to tutor because "His status in the team is too low." which doesn't sound realistic to me.

In Squad->Squad Depth->Roles Overview we could have the option to save customized views (after ticking off players from roles you may not "consider" for that view)

this will help manage the possible roles you really consider using when making your tactics, and for filtering data you do not want in an specific view

For now there's only a single custom view which you can reset bringing all players/roles back

It would be nice to be able to create shorlists for your own players since you could group players for specific roles or areas of the game (like dribblers, tacklers or aerial challengers) or record players by personalities or players who are good on important matches

If I had one wish of what I would like to see in FM, or should I say back in the series is the highlighted best players.

People that have played the series for years will maybe remember that when looking at other squads you would see 1 or 2 players that had their names in bold as they were the star players for the squad.

I always thought this was great when searching for players in teams throughout the world, also it was helpful when thinking how you would approach a game.

I can understand why it was maybe removed but I really do miss it when searching for that new player for my team.

Follow coaches' development

There should be a graph for coaches' attributes, just like for the players. We have the option to send them on coaching courses, but we don't get to see the benefits of this unless we memorize or write down their attributes beforehand. Let us see what their attributes were when they joined. This would make it easier to track coaches' development, and ease the frustration of signing a 5 star coach only to see he's become 4.5 stars half a season later.

I would really appreciate the ability to filter tired players from any given current view, from either the Tactic Screen or Squad Screen. For example: When clicking on the show filters button there could be an option under hide players called "Tired Players". That would then hide all current tired players.

The game needs to stop making decisions on my behalf.

If I am on "holiday" the Assistant manager should not be changing the team captains. Players who want to speak to me should not act as if I have rejected their request.

Since this new player interaction model is apparently the future, we need to be able to speak to unhappy players, not being able to speak to a player about anything ever if he is sulking is a bit unrealistic.

Another genius idea. Not really. But it would most definitely increase immersion.

Champions League games in 3D Match View could have an environment similar to the following image before the match:

NyxPOOc.jpg

It would very much add to the game if each match feels special. For example in the Champions League game if we choose to play with sound on: the champions league song kicks in while the avatars in the match engine are replicating the scene at the start of each champions league game.

Additionally, in Champions League Finals, or other finals, if there could be a more enjoyable celebration instead at the final whistle where players receive the trophy and they celebrate on a stage with fireworks in the night sky which lights up the stadium. I always tend to watch my finals in 3D using the Full Match Mode.

Another genius idea. Not really. But it would most definitely increase immersion.

Champions League games in 3D Match View could have an environment similar to the following image before the match:

NyxPOOc.jpg

It would very much add to the game if each match feels special. For example in the Champions League game if we choose to play with sound on: the champions league song kicks in while the avatars in the match engine are replicating the scene at the start of each champions league game.

Additionally, in Champions League Finals, or other finals, if there could be a more enjoyable celebration instead at the final whistle where players receive the trophy and they celebrate on a stage with fireworks in the night sky which lights up the stadium. I always tend to watch my finals in 3D using the Full Match Mode.

I'm not sure about CL environment and sounds because of licensing issues, but yes, something should be done, just for the feeling that you are in finale...not just CL finale but other important tournaments...when I win some trophy, there is no feeling that i won anything, some stuff falling from the sky, players put their hands in the air, and that's it.....i think that the game is now on very good level (except AI squad building) and it's time to put some more details in the game

I'm not sure about CL environment and sounds because of licensing issues, but yes, something should be done, just for the feeling that you are in finale...not just CL finale but other important tournaments...when I win some trophy, there is no feeling that i won anything, some stuff falling from the sky, players put their hands in the air, and that's it.....i think that the game is now on very good level (except AI squad building) and it's time to put some more details in the game

Agreed. We need better celebration animations as well. I know this ain't FIFA but it's still football. Combined with Fan Chants it would be amazing to watch every game in 3D Match Engine.

<ake the stadiums real, I don't know what purpose the shots of stadiums serve other than breaking immersion when they aren't elland Road, Andielf or the Nou Camp.

Make the stadiums real, I don't know what purpose the shots of stadiums serve other than breaking immersion when they aren't elland Road, Andielf or the Nou Camp.

Make the stadiums real, I don't know what purpose the shots of stadiums serve other than breaking immersion when they aren't elland Road, Andielf or the Nou Camp.

Can't do that because of licensing issues, they could do a better job of varying the existing ones though I agree, or even introduce a stadium designing mod like we had in FML.

I've been saying this for years, for many of us winning something is rare and should be accompanied by lots of fanfare and celebrations. (optional of course ;))

Serie D of Brazil with a real opportunity with Promoting to Serie D via the State Championships... (And All State Champs must be playable including 2nd divisions..)

I know it's not a manager responsibility to name a stadium. But maybe SI can inject abit more creativity in naming of the stadium. Instead of only stadium, you could use words like arena, ground, dome and etc.

My wish is for the raumdeuter role to be included in the MR/L positions in future editions of FM. In the game, the original raumdeuter, thomas muller is listed as being a natural in the MR position but the raumdeuter role ironically enough is only available in the AML/R areas. If the BWM role could be included in recent editions of FM in the DM position and not just in MC region then i hope raumdeuters can be seen in wide midfield areas. Muller has the Ppm of moving into channels which show that it is possible for the ML/R position to have the same PIs as a raumdeuter.

I believe that I've stated this in the thread earlier, but I'll take the opportunity of other wish and reinforce the latter.

1) The possibility of revert or reinstalling a FM in a older patch. I've had a lot of troubles with 15.2, the fixes ruined the game, and I needed to wait 3 or 4 months for enjoying FM 15 again. This would be simple resolved by installing a older version of the game

2) The option of me, as a trainer needing coaching badges, pay for the course with my salary. I believe this is important and would be helpful when we start without coach licenses. And I think that the guys who always asks for been able to do anything with their wage will be pleased.

3) The role of a Inside Winger for AMC. Aberdeen used it in the previous season and the role played a good part in the good start of the team last season. I even asked for it in FM 15, but it was not included, so I'm suggesting again. And for not being a dull request, I'll describe. Basically is the opposition of the Inside Forward or the Inverted Wing Back. In this role, the AMC can switch his play/direction diagonally from the outside of the area to the sides of the pitch. This creates a space in the front of the area, principally with the opposition play with a defensive midfielder, allowing spaces for attackers who came back or midfielder who advances. The Aberdeen manage used a Winger in the AMC position to create this structure of play.

I have probably said it before, and many before me, but please incorporate a tick box on a network game where players cant get sacked! im sick to death of playing in an online game and somebody struggling then getting the sack and having to sit the game out until they can apply for another job.

its especially frustrating when the other players are doing so well and the sacked person has to sit out the game for weeks in the grim hope that a job will come up. ive found they quickly lose interest and the game is killed.

more wilder and erratic behaviour from the regens would be good and increase longevity and humour. like fireworks in the house, wearing plastic tits on an open topped bus, releasing a record, firing an air gun at training, silly haircuts, illegal activities (sex related or otherwise), jailed, drugs/doping/rehab, death, stupid twitter comments, driving mishaps, becoming pundits, etc.

I appreciate these are only 'cosmetic' changes and have no bearing on how the game plays, but they could help to flesh out the game and make it more 3D and encourage people to play a more long term game.

2. positions - it is good to be able to filter players by positions in squad and tactics view. what i would like is to be able to chose myself which players show on which positions. at the moment, players are shown in all positions they are accomplished. for example, if i have AM R/L ST player that i don't use at AMR/L positions at all, i would prefer to be able and order the game not to show him in this filter. as well, if i have CD that has good attributes and i am using him as CM or DM i should be able to assign him to appear in these filters. in fact, i'd expect game to recognize itself where i use (or retrain positions) of my players and put them in new slots even if they aren't proficient in these positions.

yeah id like to see an added filter for positions such as 'limited defender','poacher', 'advanced playmaker, attack', etc.

plus, bring back the assistant manager comments when entering into contract negotiations with a player. where did that go? surely they should still have an opinion?

In the news item about my new managerial job, please do not remind me of that one time five years ago when I lost in the League Cup to a slightly smaller team cos I was playing reserves and didn't actually give a damn.

Allowing Custom Managers To Have Playing History e.g If I Selected Semi-Pro Or Above I Would Able To Select Clubs Who I Could Have Played For.

Either Adding Instant Result To The Main Game Or Giving Us The Ability To Put Our Own Custom Databases E.G English Level 9 Or Custom Players In Classic Mode

I have skipped FM15, and its the first FM I have skipped for years

Looking forward to a less buggy and amazing experience in FM16

1. AI Squad building needs to be looked at and improved immensely

2. 'Smarter' Interaction AI and also interactions with my own players (There was a bug I saw regarding a player being angry because he did not get his promise of first team football fulfilled, and there was 1 day left in the promise, but surely the player knew he started) Just little things like this need to be improved. This area in general needs to be polished

3. Better UI. Needs to feel more 'modern'. Current design is ok, but still needs work. Feels 'Cheap' currently

4. Better AI managers. It feels as if AI manager stats are irrelevant. An amateur manager could take over Real Madrid and win the league. I feel manager stats are irrelevant. Example, if a new manager gets appointed mid season, usually that gives the side a boost.

5. Polished ME. I dont care about animations and such. I just want it to play way better. I understand there is a code happening and the 3D is not an exact representation on what is happening, so I dont care about animations. Its all about less bugs and simply more flow to the engine. Feels 'stuttery' and not realistic at all. Even the 2D pitch looks HORRIBLE in motion and feels slow. Compare it to the 2D ME in CM4, which was the best to date. Felt so smooth and clean. Hope SI can improve the 2D ME immensely . Feels the 2d pitch has been deserted since the 3D has come into the frame. Hope SI can also work on the 2d pitch

6. Just less bugs. A polished game. I will pay premium price for a game I know has been polished. I dont care about new little features like tracksuit manager and such. I know people want major new features to be implemented, but for me it is all about the game improving ITS CORE ELEMENTS. ME, AI SQUAD BUILDING, UI, and PLAYER INTERACTIONS AND MEDIA.

The D.O.F Actually Acknowledges My Decision To Hire My Own Assistant Because It's Annoying When I Hire A Good Assistant Manager Then My D.O.F For Some Reason Thinks He's Being Clever By Hiring A Worse Assistant Manager Replacing The One I Hire Instead Of Cancelling The Offer

If you're leaving a club you've been really successful at or after a very long time, perhaps the Board could ask you for a suggestion for a replacement? I'm think SAF-style.

Also, I'm not even sure if this is already in, but even though I'm often sacked after a board takeover during my not-so-successful games (and sometimes more successful ones), I'm never approached from another club after a takeover. Perhaps that could be added?

I know this has been repeated a thousand times but please make it possible so that each competition can have it's own trophy image. Just like they can have their own logos

Well need to note this before I forget.. the ability to load up a save and choose to switch between Classic and Full. Ive got to like 2020 and dont want to have to start a save again to try classic mode.

It would be good if we could do this. Also the inclusion of actual U21's and U18's. Ive yet to try this years classic mode so that could be in there! This for me was always lacking as I liked the depth of the U21's and U18's..

What Nenad mentioned, although not really a tour as such, the stadium view could be expanded upon so yes you could approach the board to expand, they say yes, you then get notification of completion and you actually see the changes! It was always intriguing on LMA manager being able to have a budget to increase stadium capacity but it brought you closer to the club as a whole. Im not saying we should be able to build, just to be able to see a better representation of the stadium and facilities etc.

Absolute, players coming out the tunnel, lining up, doing the handshakes (hate that IRL), national anthem for domestic cup finals, maybe even Abide with Me for FA Cup final, appropriate commentary, and then medals and cup lifting at end of game.

How about for Christmas day you give the players a little morale boost if you give them the day off training, but risk a slump in fitness in case any over do it on the turkey and eggnog? Does happen!

Something I'd like to see is AI managers signing players/staff that they have worked with before.. Redknapp and Krancjar (sp) for example. I know currently you get a question in the press conference if you sign someone from a previous club but that's it from what I've seen..

To be able to appeal non red card decisions, like Costa's incident for example.

I know this has probably been asked, but why not?

I have a friend that has no interest at all on watching games and giving instructions to his players. He just likes to watch his team develop. Then, he always goes on holiday before the matches so he doesn't wastes his time. I'm not exactly asking for a chairman role, which would have to add many other features that are not in the game. A director would only take care of transfers, media, manager hiring, player's talk and stuff. Of course, he would have some influence (or not, depending on the manager he hires) on the team's decisions.

I know this has probably been asked, but why not?

I have a friend that has no interest at all on watching games and giving instructions to his players. He just likes to watch his team develop. Then, he always goes on holiday before the matches so he doesn't wastes his time. I'm not exactly asking for a chairman role, which would have to add many other features that are not in the game. A director would only take care of transfers, media, manager hiring, player's talk and stuff. Of course, he would have some influence (or not, depending on the manager he hires) on the team's decisions.

Play FMC or get a skin for the full fat game and use instant results, problem solved.

Most important part of every sport is TRAINING. So it should be possible to have bigger and more detailed control over training, especially now when you can chose

what type of manager you want to be...I don't have any specifically idea, but something should be done....

For every FM player the most exciting thing are regens...so it would be good for clubs to be able to open academies in another countries, like in real life

Please oh please can you include the 'Screenflow' settings in preferences so that they are saved like all the other settings rather than having to be reset and saved every time you start a new game?

I understand the settings won't know what leagues you will load but surely something like a screenflow setting stating 'view all leagues monthly', 'view results on all domestic competitions at end of season' etc. could be set and then only amendments would need to be made when starting a new game rather than setting up the screenflow every single time a new game is started from scratch.

Screenflow for me is vital to easily keep up to date with the footballing world and and the leagues and results but it is such a bore and waste of time setting it up every time especially if you start new games regularly.

I want to be able to search for staff by personalities, or be able to add a column so I can see the personalities of the suggested candidates.

Can we please allocate our stat points after doing a coaching course, because at the moment I hate the allocation it provides. I set myself up at the start of the game to coach tactics, but to keep it realistic I did put points elsewhere (I modeled myself on a coach I like in RL)making myself worse than coaches I can hire, but that's ok 'it was my choice to do that'. I do a coaching course and all the points go into defence coaching, because the game thought my coaching style was defensive. Now the game says my coaching style is technique! I don't know what decides this but it does my head in, especially since I had only coached tactics.

@scott MUFC

I would like to see less complaining about not being transferred when a player asks for it.

upsetting squad harmonies, morale etc, because I have received no bids for a player is a tiny bit unfair, IRL a player that wanted to leave would not kick up a stink because they haven't left because there have been no bids made.

All you do is tell them they have been transfer listed, but there have been no offers and he needs to work at getting a transfer. Works for me.

I would like to create custom training roles of attributes i think are important, instead of choosing like 10 attributes by choosing an individual role or a specific attribute to train, i would like to be able to make my own. An example would be i would like my DC to train Tackling, Positioning, Marking and Jumping Reach only, so i could create that and put all my DC's on it.

This sounds great, I like it.