Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

Something I find weird that hasn't been added yet, because you see it in a lot of sports simulation games.

I want lists, lots of lists.

Rather than just seeing who the current top scorer of a team/league/nation is, I want to see a top 10/20/30/5000(hyperboling) lists of who the top scorers are, of active players, non-active players etc. So that I can quickly see what players are close to breaking all-time records.

Right now you can only see the top records, any everything below that just vanishes forever. Once a new record is set, the old one can't be found anymore, and I find that dissapointing for a text-based simulator like FM.

And there need to be more categories quite frankly... Whilst we get to see the highest top scorer of past seasons (e.g. Andy Cole), we don't get to see the all-time top scorer (e.g. Alan Shearer), or even the most clean-sheets record (David James), or the player with the most hat-tricks (Shearer again)...

Then you also have past-season stats. Everything that happened in the first season and gets shown on player/team stats vanishes into the ether after the roll-over date. We can watch back league tables of every season, but why can't this be extended to every seasonal stat?

I'm a stat-junkie, the more stats I get to trawl through, the more I love a game. And I see other sports sims giving me the option of looking up so much more record data and so on, it's dissapointing that FM lacks that pure statistical depth.

Not everyone is going to be interested in this, but it will add a craptonne more depth to the game just being able to see lists and lists of various stats. Being able to find out which player has the highest average rating over all the seasons combined without having to check every single player's history page.

Get me more lists and stats to look through, and I'm a happy man!

I would like the possibility of 'game changing events' occurring which rewrite the rules of the game in some way. For example:

- A country could join or leave the EU, imposing/removing restrictions from players from that country.

- A country's teams could get banned from European competition for x years.

- The structure of a country's pyramid could chance (e.g. maybe the Premier League goes down to 16 teams).

- New rules are imposed or relaxed on a league - e.g. longer/shorter disciplinary suspensions, more/less foreign players allowed, transfer windows change etc.

- A particular country's government invests heavily in football causing a lot of good youngsters to emerge from that country in 5-10 years. Or the opposite.

You get the idea. Note that I think these events should be rare and you should be able to choose whether they are included in a new game or not. The idea would be that those of us who like to play long saves of 20+ seasons could, if they choose, have their game evolve in completely unique ways.

Would love to be able to have my team change formation automatically.

Let's say I start the game 4-4-2. If at any point I get into a 2 goal lead it auto switches to 4-5-1 with tactical instructions to boot.

Or start off 4-4-2 and if I'm not winning by the 75th minute,auto switch to 4-2-4.

Would imagine it would be hard to include as the different options for all the different scenarios would be endless.

It would make the game feel "advanced" though imo.

Only played the demo so don't know if its there already.

When setting up a game would it be possible to warn the user if their choice of leagues and database size is going to cause problems with the transfer market. In FM14 you can flood the market with too many players for the leagues you have chosen and never get warned that you're about to do that. It would be nice if you chose the leagues you wanted and then the game suggested a database size for you and explained why it was appropriate.

Two small things I'd like to see:

- The option to change colour (maybe even the design) of kits every season or every two seasons. It could be implemented that the board would only allow certain colours (in most occasions being similar to the current ones) could be used for the home kits and maybe with a bit more freedom on the away and third kits. The board could be very strict or lax about it, or it could be done for you without your input until you've been at the club for a while. They may even force you to change your kit to a whole different colour, mush to the annoyance of the fans.

- In the staff responsibilities section, there is a feature to have only the manager being the one to finalise transfers into the club, but not one to allow the manager to have the final say on players leaving. There is no option of allowing a DoF (or any other staff member) to do all the legwork in selling a player whilst retaining the final say. I lost a good player to an awful deal when a bid came in below the minimum I'd set that was made up of mostly installments and appearence clauses and the like, the bid was accepted, finalised and the player gone all after one continue press. :(

One big thing I'd like to see:

- All of the nice bits from FML put into the game. Match plans, youth academies, stadiums, customisation, etc. :D

Something very simple, I'd love to know what a player’s original attributes was at the start of the game/when he joined me and at the current date of looking, instead of using screenshots to measure this.

E.g. A player I bought at 21 was 14 for finishing but is now 18, surely there should be an easier way then screenshoting players when they first arrive to your club etc.?

Hi everyone

I hope this thread is still active.

I just was wondering wheter it would be possible to indicate the individual training progression ?

The problem is that at the moment that you change the individual training for a player, you cannot see exactly how much he benefited from the former individual training as you don t have any indication about the exact time lapse he spend on it.

It would be anough to indicate on the graphic with another colour the exact time the player spend on training this caracteristic...

Hi everyone

I hope this thread is still active.

I just was wondering wheter it would be possible to indicate the individual training progression ?

The problem is that at the moment that you change the individual training for a player, you cannot see exactly how much he benefited from the former individual training as you don t have any indication about the exact time lapse he spend on it.

It would be anough to indicate on the graphic with another colour the exact time the player spend on training this caracteristic...

1. Revert to FM 2014 tactics screen layout.

2. Get rid of the sidebar, make it fully customizable or put it on top.

3. Work through the software lifecycle in spiral (adding stuff little by little on already formed core) rather than the iterative process.

4. Revert the player interaction to the code used for FM 14 which was spot on imo.

5. And most importantly, improve AI squad building.. I know this is the most difficult of the bunch, but it'd yield the most satisfying and far-reaching results.

In posts #1051, #1235, #2984 I requested to be able to choose the kit colours before the match, because the game is lousy at picking up clashes.

KlQ4ZWh.png

Seriously, I'm gonna keep wishing until it happens.

This one is a Chinese Super League match between Baxy and Fuli. Interestingly, the game has picked possibly the worst combination of home/away colours out of all of those available.

The home side, Baxy, are in their all-white home kit. Their away kit is all-blue.

Fuli are wearing their home shirts of blue and white stripes- their away shirts are also be white, but the stripes is not an improvement. Furthermore, they are still wearing their white away shorts, with their home blue socks. Why they're not wearing their blue home shorts is anyone's guess.

Allowing the user to select the kits would mean we could put Baxy in all-blue, and Fuli in all-white- both in their away strips. Perhaps not the most realistic solution, but one that is necessary so that we can actually tell the two teams apart.

Incidentally, I can't, of course, zoom in any closer on this Elevated view, as it cuts off the goalposts because the camera doesn't move far enough to the right any more.

Assistant advice to the personality and preferences of assistant. I've noticed every assistant I've ever had always seems to be worrying about having more possession. Whenever I go with a gameplan that's defensive and with the purpose of conceding possession they all still nag me about "we're having little possession, make these changes to have more". It may be that since I don't look what kind of tactics my assistant uses I've had the luck of picking always people who like possession football, but considering I've had them also when managing in lower leagues, like French third level, I'm suspecting it's all of them worrying about getting possession at all costs.

I might add some way for the game to guess you're setting up to not worry about possession and make advice for a direct strategy.

An algorythm to make the commentary text enough contrast to be readable and prevent such colour combinations as light yellow over white, dark blue over black and such that are impossible to read.

Formations when defending. More freedom in the instructions you can give players. MLS clubs acquiring top tier designated players.

Lifted from a separate thread.

If I want to know where my players are in the match(3d of course), I have to click on everyone in the beginning with CTRL.

That is not very elegant, as I need to this every single match.

I need to know where my players are, also those not near the ball.

Perhaps SI have thought that too many names will confuse the user, but let me be the judge of that. I have no issues whatsoever with names on all my players, but it sucks having to click on them every match.

I am less interested in any of my opponents players - but make that optional as well(perhaps different textcolour).

A small but welcomed improvement would be to have a pop-up asking us if we'd really want to do it if we click on the "rush out" button during press conferences. I've accidentically clicked that more than once when I've intended to click on the button to not hold a Press Conference after buying a new player. :)

Like with all pop-ups it could be disabled for those who would not want it.

Probably been mentioned already but the ability to accept/reject loan offers based on squad status would be really handy. its a pain having to sort through 30 odd loan offers to find the 2 or 3 that promise first team football, even when you say they must be a key player when you offer them out

I would like an option to have the real players at the start have regen faces, this would save having to download 7gb player facepacks. It would be better than looking at silhouettes.

The regen faces should be improved too, they look too cartoony.

Will there ever be possible to make money by more detailed financial management or just have influence, rather than just selling players or wait for the board to do something?

Because I generally try from a small club to make big, and i miss options about financial managment.

Idea for FM 2028.

So, like most of us, when I play I fully concentrate on my own team and tend not to take notice of what's happening in other leagues. Not that I don't want to know, but rather I like managing my team better than sifting through news items from other leagues.

Also like most of us, I have a full time job, which is time not spent (or wasted) not playing the game.

It would be amazing if one day, the game could create a custom podcast based on your FM world, with items already included in the game. I'm talking Classico previews in other countries, milestones for players, achievement/records, managers on the brink of getting the sack, conflicts between players and managers, injuries, transfer rumors, players retiring, etc. It would be amazing if you could use the time not playing the game (at work or on your way to) to catch up on what's happening in your FM universe. It would add up to the immersion factor, not to mention maximize your "playing" time.

Wishful thinking? Of course. But it is a wishlist after all... :)

That would be awesome. You could also just go to some J-school at your local college and hire some kids to do that for you weekly. Send them your save file every week, they do the research of the news stories, and then they make a sports podcast about it and send it back to you. I bet they could be paid in Ramen.

Another few improvement ideas:

1) I already posted the idea of showing the concrete impact of individual training by changing the colour for the time lapse of individual training on the progress graphic.

2) In the youth management menu, their should be a direct link to the youth squad's competition.

3) In the Competition menu, their should be a direct access to all the leagues of the country you're playing in.

4) Their should absolutely be a hotkey for scouting. It really is hell to ask one of you re scouts to observe a player for a certain time or number of matches when you'are playing without a mouse. A hotkey could really simplify this...

5) When playing with national teams, when scoring, the number of goals by competition (and all time) of the players should be indicated.

6) When I m asking my scout to make a report on a player, he sends me several match report. I can't understand why these dont show the rating of the players match. It would spare me to click on the player each time...

It would be good to have the option to tell players why you're not offering a contract or breaking off contract negotiations. I had to pull out of a contract because the agent wanted a 4 million pound fee, which was almost 3 times as much as the players loyalty bonus. I'm fairly sure the player would have been delighted that his move had just been scuppered by his agents greed.

Also I think this could be used to avoid some of the player mutinies people seem to be suffering -

Player "Oi, why did you release my team mate?"

You "I would have loved for him to stay, but his agent wanted me to pay him double your weekly wage until 2020 just for the privilidge of negotiating with him"

While we're at it, it would be nice if you could filter players on the scouting screen by foreign/non foreign for the division you currently play in. I know we have the EU/Non Eu filter, but how about a Contonou one etc.

To give an example, I'm currently managing in Spain and have used up my 3 foreign player registrations. I'm currently hunting about for a reserve keeper and have to first look through all EU keepers, then change my search criteria for African/Russian/Turkish to see if there is anyone suitable there.

You can create multiple filters with different nationality condition rules & then flick between those, takes a bit of time to create them but once you have them saved they're easy enough to use.

Having the grouped nations based on the various freedom of movement agreements as default option is a good idea for future versions.

While the discussion is on filters I would like the ability to search/filter completed transfers.

Ones I would like to see are:

A) Being able to to select a range of completion dates (Eg July or a year like 2014 or a window)

B) Nationality of player/selling club/buying club

C) Age of player

D) Transfer value

I know it's probably never going to happen, but my ultimate wish is to have the database expand into the German 4th tier "Regionalliga". There are too many quality elevator sides in 3 Liga that I don't want to be lost and gone forever when they get relegated.

I know it's probably never going to happen, but my ultimate wish is to have the database expand into the German 4th tier "Regionalliga". There are too many quality elevator sides in 3 Liga that I don't want to be lost and gone forever when they get relegated.

In the meantime you can download a Germany database; I have one installed that has the 4th tier and seems to working fine, though I am not managing in it.

Heads of Sport Science need to be a staff role. Lots of Clubs have them, same with Sports Scientists in General.

Not to be confused with Fitness Coaches, which are already in the game, but a different occupation that serves a different role to the club.

It's like saying that working at a till in tesco's is the same job as operating the self-service check-outs.

Edit: Also the ability to have more than one assistant. Chelsea have three.

Harry Redknapp has like six.

I want more animations, so I can tell whether the things that are happening are actually absurd or are just problems with animations. I want stats to be more granular in the analysis tab. Let me break things down into 15-minute increments. I want passes to stop being underhit.

When searching for staff or players, the ability to make some attributes a must have and others match x/y for example must have goalkeeper coaching greater than 17 and any 2 of determination, adaptability and level of discipline greater than 15

- I would like to see a real set piece widget like in CM10, where you create a CK/FK play, step-by-step, choosing where you cross/pass the ball, to who, and the shot moment. This would make the match more dynamic, mainly in online matches.

- Now with motion capture, I wanna see more play animations and goal celebrations. IN fm12, i remember that player did step-overs; I wanna see flying heading (in attack and in defense), aerial kicks (volley/bicycle kicks, in atk and in def too), other kind of dribbles. For goal celebrations, examples to add there is a lot. I remember in a old FM I was playing with Brazil, against Germany, someone from Germany scored and the player celebrated dancing crazily, I laughed because this was like a provocation to me: "Look, he's sambaing lol". This makes the 3D match cooler.

- In this version, there is no foul on goalkeeper in ball fighting moments. This should back.

- Improve the GK movements. It makes them more safe. I see GK suffering silly goals and trying to save shots with the feets, but in a amateur way, like in a "pelada".

- Shielding. It's ridiculous to see way the players protecting the ball in 3D match, it's not real, u don't see the player using the body, arm, really protecting the ball from the rivals. I am including here the marking, it's ridiculous too. The marker gets close, you dont see he trying to take the ball away from the rival, just getting close till in a moment the rival loses the ball.

- I think still should back the "off/def tactical screen". I was playing PES 2015 and they added this option. I thought it great and it should back to the FM, because u can how the players will position with and without the ball.

- And old problem I think: the player historical. It just says the goals and matches a season from the national league. Would be better if were shown the total matches played and goals scored a season and you click over in one season and shows it more detailed. For example a brazilian player from the local league. You click to see the stats from the last season and it shows how many goals/matches done in: state championship, national cup, brazilian league, libertadores, World Cup (or any International tournament).

- A commentator. The FX game has an one, FIFA Manager had one too. This is not an urgent request, just a thing to think about.

Defensive / offensive tactics it's there, you have to work the roles and duties for the players to behave the way you want them. You need to start thinking how to do each. As a simplification to start with: the formation you use is the defensive formation, the duties and roles give you the attacking formation. Though I guess a bit more complexity can be achieved, as in a game I'm playing now I have a 4-4-2 that in defense looks more like a 5-4-1/5-3-2 and in attack tends to be 4-4-2/4-2-3-1.

- The panel between highlights introduced by some skins that has up to four information panels to choose.

- A manual for how to use the advanced editor.

- Salamanca AC removed from the database. This year is unrealistic and serves no purpose, as Segunda B groups are all 20 now.

- Not a word on animations when speaking about Match Engine in the announcement videos prior to release.

I would like to be able to reflect that I've had to sell a player because I'm unable to get a work permit for him in interviews, as I've had a few players now who are viewed as quality players but been unable to get UK work permit after 2 years (was loaning them out to Serbia at the same time) and decided to cash in (£5M + £7M sales respectively), then the questions at interviews all are focused on how the fans can be annoyed at the deals and what was I thinking with selling them etc but I can't defend it by saying "They simply weren't able to play for the club... etc"

In fmc I would like the assistant manager to be able to make marking instructions automatically like it is in the full version, closing down and man marking players would be really useful but it takes too long to setup game by game in fmc.

I would like to see teams upping the tempo when in a losing position as a match draws to a close.

This seems a fairly obvious oversight.

Well, This probably has already been mentioned but I just registered to say this so whatever.

I've been thinking on ways to improve interactivity with your club finances and so I thought, in some clubs, and if you're a trusted/long time manager in the club, you could start participating in new sponsor negotiations, try to close better deals - with bonuses, like it happens in real life (at least in Brazil). If your team reaches a final, or is champion, sponsor will pay a bonus to the club, and so goes on.

However, I also thought that the manager doesnt usually get involved in sponsorship negotiations in most clubs - except when he's trusted and been there for a long time, and in some countries. That's why there's a min. time needed for this to activate, and only in some clubs or countries I guess. This is my first suggestion.

For my second suggestion, there needs to be an option for you to relate to players from other clubs without being via press or talk with him when he doesn't want to come. Maybe this can be done via their agent or something. Anyway, what I mean is that you can get into a player head by talking to him a lot, and if your club is big etc, you can convince him to want to make a move to your club after some time. And if this goes wrong, you could "lose" him forever or get his agent upset and it could backfire on all negotiations involving that said agent.

This also applies to the whole idea of % of players belonging to agents - it would be cool if you could talk to agents that own alot of % from players to see if they can pressure the team that owns federative rights from players to sell them to you or put them on sale because they want to make a move. This happens so much in real life, when a player agent can struck a better deal he pressures the club to sell, and it would be great in game.

I think that these are realistic measures that would improve the gameplay and interaction with the game itself, it would be fun to mess with and basically a lot more options.

I'd like to see the forum stopping with the ghost 'next page' when you get down to the ten last posts of a page.... :rolleyes:

I would like for the youth intake or youth academy to be more in depth. It would be cool if there was something more to the youth sqaud such as getting players when they are younger and weeding them out as they get older or being able to mold players to your formation for longer. I think that being able to recruit youth like in real life could be interesting. Possible sending invites to youth to join your youth set up. I just find the scouting and youth aspect of the game to be the most interesting and know that others would agree so expanding that is the next frontier as well as maybe expanding on training.

Prefered footing information in the attribute pop ups from the i on a circle things beside player names.

A ball that you can actually see would be nice....

Has anyone got any idea where there is a ball mod for 2015. Have searched high and low and I just want a white ball with no markings!!

I would like the Analysis Tab available as an in match widget in some form - in both Simulation and Classic Mode please :)

I would like the Analysis Tab available as an in match widget in some form - in both Simulation and Classic Mode please :)

I am trying out FMC at the moment after your fine advice and have noted there is no match analysis to access after the game? Or am I being blind?

Please, please, pleaaaaase sort out the Director of Football position, especially in terms of transfers. I have just started a game as Newcastle and to make it more of a challenge I brought in a DoF to be in charge of transfers, the idea being he would sell off my best players and I would have to look to the youth teams/suggest targets for him to sign and use the players he chose to brought in.

I haven't got far enough in the game to see how he deals with the large amount of bids for my top players I am expecting (I have played as Newcastle before and was constantly turning down bids every transfer window) as I play with first window transfer budgets turned off. However I have asked him to sort a few deals in and out and he has failed utterly in every single one.

First up I got offered an unattached 16 year old Croatian midfielder who, although not a world beater, looks much better than anyone else in his age group at the club. I add him as a transfer target and continue but the next day I get a message saying transfer has failed. I take the matter into my own hands and am able to sign him to a deal around 1k a week (what he asked for). Admittedly maybe this is quite a large wage for a 16 year old so I'll let him off.

Next I want to sign Ferreyra on a permanent deal. There is an agreed fee of 6 million in his loan deal, so I tell him to sign him as a key player bidding no more than the asking price. Again he fails to sort a deal and I am forced to do it myself and sign him for 6 million.

The worst of the bunch was trying to sell Rivière. FM has done an excellent job in replicating his utter inability to play football so it was an easy choice to get rid. I add him to the unwanted list and say sell for value (5.75 million). Again I get a message saying the transfer attempt failed, I immediately offer him out myself at his value and receive 4 bids of the full amount straight away and he is sold in a couple of days.

What on earth does the DoF do when you ask him to sell/buy players?? The AI has no problems signing players when it is a manager so why should a DoF be any different. I understand their attributes can affect things but I looked up the key attributes and signed a DoF I thought filled the right criteria. In any case I fail to see what attributes can prevent him offering a player at the value I asked him to...

When it first came out I could understand the feature not working properly but its been around for a few versions of FM now and it seems to have been completely ignored since its arrival! Sort it out!!

1. AI squad balance: Maybe tie this into the football clubs philiosophy and scouting requirements, i.e. AJAX produce own young players with view to selling to plough back into youth system. Real Madrid: Buy the best in the world. AC MILAN: Buy experienced players. PORTO / SHAKTAR etc: Buy best young south americans etc etc. As many have probably mentioned, AI squad balance especially after a few seasons is awful. All clubs go through cycles IRL and this isn't something you get in FM, though it maybe hard to simulate?

2. Clubs letting players go on free who hit 31/32 years old. After awhile you see this all the time, likes of fabregas being released by chelsea etc. 34/35 yrs old i'd understand, but early thirties is still too early. Again ties into AI squad balance.

3. Training: For something that IRL clubs spend most their time on i.e. the training ground in FM its just dull. A few years back there was modular training in FM. Boxes you'd drag and drop for training that week and month i.e. 3 v 3, 5 a side, set pieces etc. That was fun as you'd plan training accoring to opposition and fixture list / congestion. Maybe a controversal suggestion, but the ability to watch training? i.e. watch players play 5 a side or get daily / weekly training reports from your staff.

4. AI club managerial appointments: Sometimes these make no sense. Example Wenger retires and casere Prandelli is apponited arsenal manager? How does he fit into the clubs philiosphy of play attractive attacking football and buying young(er) players? He doesn't.

5. For those of us who go 10/15/20 seasons into the game a yearly round-up ala World Soccer magazine or 4-4-2 Magazine article on the worlds best 11 players or worlds top 3 players in their respective positions would help.

6. Same clubs (in active league or view only) winning the league (a league where you are not a manager). In my current save, Juventus, Bayern, Porto have all won the league for the last eight years. eight years! Again i think AI squad balance and buying/selling would knock this on the head.

7. AI squad rotation: At the moment all you really need to do is to rotate your squad (22 good players) and you'll have a pretty good season. AI players are normally exhausted or jaded because the AI plays them constantly. Human squad rotation is one thing that makes the game alittle too easy because the AI is so bad at it.

8. Regens having low physical stats for stamina, pace and acceleration. Also maybe mental stats could improve expotentially more (depending on players PA) the more experince they get of top flight football. Which leads me to (9)

9. A new mental stat called EXPERIENCE. Young players all start with "1" and at the end of their career depending if they have been a top flight football player with international experience they can reach potentially "20". To get to "20" would involve winning leagues, experience of Champions league games, maybe playing in international tournaments. This would also help with the problem of AI getting rid of experienced players when they hit their early thirties, if they have "experience" and the AI is programmed to value experience (depending on the club ala AC MILAN) then they retain these players longer.

10. The "elections" at REAL MADRID and BARCELONA. IRL the candidates promise to buy players X,Y,Z if they are elected this does annoy clubs in real life when these candidates suggest they will sign the clubs player. Also on the subject of REAL and BARCELONA these two clubs plus BAYERN (also known as FC Hollywood) are subject to all sorts of politics which can fundamentally change the course of the club i.e. just look at BARCA over the past few years. It would be "interesting" if politics (board level) played more of a factor in running these clubs. For example at REAL MADRID the chairman buying a player you didnt want but are forced to play (i.e. current situation with Carlo Ancelotti at REAL MADRID). Or insisting you sell a play you don't want to sell i.e. DI MARIA etc. Another example is David Sullivan at West Ham buying Sakho and Zarate without asking big Sam first.

11. More interaction with chairman when buying a player. In IRL managers just dont go and make an offer on a player they run it through the chairman first / board

12. Super agents i.e. Jose Mendes who influence over players coming out of portugal IRl is huge. How this is done or plays in the game, I don't know.

Randomise youth potential

Much like the options to add key staff, remove attribute masking and what not, why not offer players the option to turn on a new toggle that changes all set youth player PA rating into the equivalent minus number bracket for those who wish for a bit more randomness and variety in their games?

Apologies if something similar has been posted in the past. An idea for a new option for a MC or DMC to be on the game is a surger/ball-carrier. Someone who carries the ball from deep to make transitions from defence to attack quicker, providing someone to run with the ball through the middle, ala Fernandinho, Jack Wilshere and Lewis Cook. It's a role that will aid teams countering quickly, despite not having any traditional wingers, rather having inside forwards or wide playmaker. I was inspired to bring this position up as something that should be added to the game after reading this article by the Guardian on the changing role of holding midfielders in the modern game, with this extract detailing what a 'surger' is:

But as four-band systems have evolved to the point that the term midfielder seems hopelessly vague, so the taxonomy of the holders has expanded. Manchester City, this season, provide a fascinating example. Last season they had in Gareth Barry a destroyer-type and while Javi García could play in that role this season, Manuel Pellegrini has tended to pair Fernandinho with Yaya Touré.

Although both can certainly make tackles, and both are capable of regaining the ball, both spent most of last season playing as the more creative player alongside a destroyer. Fernandinho is a fine long passer, but he is not an Alonso or an Andrea Pirlo type; he is not a regista. Rather he likes to make forward surges, just as Touré does, and, as he showed against Arsenal on Saturday, is more than capable of scoring goals when chances present themselves. Whether the similarity with Touré is an advantage in giving City an extraordinary variety of possible angles of attack or a weakness in that it can leave the back four unprotected is arguable – although there are signs that the relationship between the two is developing – but the wider point is that neither fits comfortably into the template of either regista or destroyer.

This is a third way, neither entirely destructive nor creative, and more prone to advancing form a deep position than either a Mascherano or an Alonso type. The third way is to be a carrier or surger, a player capable of making late runs or carrying the ball at his feet. Bastian Schweinsteiger perhaps fits into the same category. Sami Khedira is a destroyer with carrying tendencies. Luka Modric is a carrier with a hint of regista.

I understand that such a player can somewhat be constructed by coaching them to 'run with the ball through the centre' and setting an MC to 'dribble more' when playing as a deep-lying playmaker, ball-winning midfielder or box-to-box midfielder, but I feel such a role deserves its own category, to distinguish exactly what a player's role is in the team - to be the team's ball carrier, the surger, the one to bring the ball forward and start attacks from deep.

A ball carrier is something I'm quite fond of having in my teams because, as hinted previously, I like to play with inside forwards and wide (advanced) playmakers, so a ball carrier ids something I would find quite useful to help counter on the break through the middle, with this role also proving useful in formations with narrow midfield diamonds, where there can sometimes be a distinct lack of width.

On the subject of inside forwards, I think the STR and STL position options should be reintroduced, after no longer being present on FM15, as AMRs and AMLs operate too deep, whilst STCR and STCL are too narrow and can leave you vulnerable on the flanks defensively. It's made it impossible to replicate a formation like what Arsenal have recently operated with where the midfield and attack is:

----------Coquelin-Flamini

----------------Cazorla

Chamberlain-Sanchez-Welbeck

As the roles Chamberlain and Welbeck have would be wrong if STCR or STCL, and it would no longer be a 4-3-3 if pushed into the AMR and AML positions either side of Cazorla. Perhaps what I'm asking for is more about the aesthetics of how a formation is laid out, but I don't think AMR and AML is quite right for what I want in the wide areas, as I think they're too deep and not operating completely as I want.

I am trying out FMC at the moment after your fine advice and have noted there is no match analysis to access after the game? Or am I being blind?

Not in FMC itself. You can save a .pkm in FMC, save your game, quit to start screen, and then view the match you saved.

Apologies if something similar has been posted in the past. An idea for a new option for a MC or DMC to be on the game is a surger/ball-carrier. Someone who carries the ball from deep to make transitions from defence to attack quicker, providing someone to run with the ball through the middle, ala Fernandinho, Jack Wilshere and Lewis Cook. It's a role that will aid teams countering quickly, despite not having any traditional wingers, rather having inside forwards or wide playmaker. I was inspired to bring this position up as something that should be added to the game after reading this article by the Guardian on the changing role of holding midfielders in the modern game, with this extract detailing what a 'surger' is:

Roaming playmaker? I believe the role option has rwb on often.

as i holiday from game to game - cant stand to press continue at 9.00, 11.15, 14.30, 17.55, 20.23, 22.39 and once against just before midntight - i´d like to be able to customize news in a way that fits us who holiday between matches.

99% of the time i miss out on players wanting to speak about something and when i get back they wont acknowledge my existence.

This could be dealt with, if we could talk to our players when ever we want, but that wont solve the entire holiday problem.

Being able to speak with our players at any given time, would solve the player interaction issue for mr holiday, but it wont help if fx an agent offers or a transfer bid is made for the player you´ve been following thoroughly.

I´d like it if i could have a "return from holiday if its important" - option and be able to choose what is important and what isnt.

being able to customize this, would definetly relieve me of a palyer revolt or two ;)

I know this wont happen, but i´d like it, if news items appeared once a day, 1 press on continue means 1 day gone by. The game in itself is time consuming as hell, which is okay in certain areas, but nonsensical in others. I try to safe as much time as possible, so for me its a matter of everything counts.

And my biggest wish:

SORT OUT THE AI..

the same problems are occuring every year. New scouting system, new role system, Tactical creator and numerous of other things have been tried, which where meant to make the ai more competetive, Making squadbuilding easier for the ai aswell. Rewind 5-10 yeas and the same complaints were made. This year, the ai provides even less of a challenge, so i wish for an artificial intelligence, which - to some extent - can live up to its last name

When AI managers move to new teams - the club should attempt to hire the new managers favored staff.

More varied types of media descriptions for players and managers.

3D Match Engine -

Players lifting/celebrating with the trophy after winning it.

Player goal celebrations.

Unique goals (Zlatans karate kick, Robertos Carlos super-swerve FK etc...)

Players surrounding the ref after a controversial decision.

Handballs.

Options for talking to the 4th official during the match (like team shouts).

Managers being sent to the stands.

Bookings for time-wasting, improper throw-ins, arguing with ref.

I'd like a new role - something like Central defender (Attack). Looking at Alaba's role at Bayern, there is enough space to consider adding it.