Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

Guest El Payaso

What the game IMO needs is the intensity of real football in the future. When managing a smaller team I would at least like my team to be tough and brave against the bigger teams even though we lose. The current intensity of the game is like watching some legends game where players avoid contacts and we see some 'fantastic' individual performances and everyone is having a good time. For example if you're managing Real Madrid or Barcelona, you're completely missing the intensity of El Clasicos as the teams don't have that 'war' between them that they have in real life.

Watch that and say that those matches don't have the intensity. A little bit of 'violence' returning back to the game would be so cool as now players like Pepe etc. seem more like nice school boys instead of being themselves. The whole physical side of football should finally be introduced as we've been waiting that since we got the match view to the game. Any chance of that happening (ever)?

Tactically I've already given my view but yeah, too simplified and it should take quite a big step in the future in terms of variety and challenge. If someone doesn't like tweaking and properly building tactics there is always FM classic availabe. The full career mode should be made much more challenging as currently it doesn't give any challenge to most of the players.

...maps!...

I know it has been suggested before, and myself has asked about it for years. The answer is that is too hard to code in, i really cant understand that it is so difficult either.

Now you get a mobilephone who can position the club by the researcher. The cords are easy to find. The big job is to visually display the clubs position on a map on the club screen. Today you get that on every personal trainer app.

How great would it to see where in England Leamington resides? And you meet a unknown team, where are they from in England. When you press the map, you also see your neighbouring clubs on the same map.

So i suggest maps this year too :-)

...maps!...

I know it has been suggested before, and myself has asked about it for years. The answer is that is too hard to code in, i really cant understand that it is so difficult either.

Now you get a mobilephone who can position the club by the researcher. The cords are easy to find. The big job is to visually display the clubs position on a map on the club screen. Today you get that on every personal trainer app.

How great would it to see where in England Leamington resides? And you meet a unknown team, where are they from in England. When you press the map, you also see your neighbouring clubs on the same map.

Nobody said it was too hard but there are licensing issues etc, don't rule out seeing it some time as there's a lot of support for it within SI.

Goals "origin" analysis. Now, if I score from corner/free kick, but someone touch the ball before the scorer(and this happens many times), in the goal analysis, I'm not able to view that goals as "coming from corner/free kick", but they result as placed shot(or similar, I don't remember well).

Mentioned it before but -

Would be nice to have a screen like the "best 11", but for-

Top ten leading appearances

Top ten leading assists

Top ten leading goal scorers (combined or separated into league/cup/europe)

Top ten leading clean sheets

Even in list form it would be a great addition to have for each club

...maps!...

You can search for those clubs on the internet during game play if you wanted to, thanks 2 seconds.

I'd rather SI concentrate on Football Manager related issues with the game than working on maps - that google, bing, apple etc. have already created and are fully searchable.

I would like to be able to set team selection instructions based on form. For instance if my top players drop form, but a younger player is on fire, the assistant would pick the youth ahead of the regular.

This would also have to be position linked so that players on top form aren't played out of position.

I know I could do this manually, but checking the form of every player prior to each match would take an eternity.

Thoughts?

FM16 - no major match engine bugs and better manager interactions. Improve press conferences or just get rid of them, adding tunnel questions to it was such a bad idea. All it did was give my assistant another task to do. Player interactions had so much potential but you guys messed up player happiness. Match commentary too, improve it or just get rid of it.

just registered player for the club world championship & as always I use it to give my reserves & youth some games anyway I've now got 5 senior player complaining that they were not selected I like to be able to explain that I'm using this competition to give game time to reserve & youth players

To add to this request...

XDmgtnF.png

Believe it or not, all of those players, waiting for a corner, are not all on the same team. This is, in fact, Grantham (in their home kit of black and white stripes, black shorts) versus Hereford (in their home kit of white shirts, white shorts). Of course, with the mud, it's virtually impossible to tell who is who. If Hereford were wearing, say, their second-choice kit (yellow) or even their third-choice kit (orange)... or even if Grantham were wearing their second-choice kit (amber and black) or their third choice kit (sky blue and royal blue hoops!), this wouldn't be a problem. But, for some reason, the game has picked the worst, most-clashing combination. It isn't a problem for the players or the opposing manager, of course, only for us who actually exist and realise there's a horrible, horrible clash.

Please, I beg of you, let us choose which kit each team wears, as the game is not doing it well enough.

Forgive me if this has already been addressed in FM15, I wouldn't know because I stopped buying FM versions before the final patch.

In everything up to FM14 when you send a player out on loan he vanishes out of your control altogether. I know you can specify which role you want him to play and moan at the AI manager if it's not happening, but that's not my issue. Up here in Scotland it's normal for a full-time, professional team to send young players out on loan to local semi-pro teams. When this happens in real-life the young professional will go train with the part-time team the once or twice a week they train and then obviously play competitive matches. However, being a full-time professional he'll also train with his parent club so he's actually getting the amount of training commensurate with being a full-time professional.

I don't know whether or not SI simulates this with a young player on loan under the same in-game circumstances, but I wouldn't like to think that when I send my young Dundee starlet on loan to Montrose he's only training for 4 hours a week at most! :(

To add to this request...

Oh god yes that's been a nightmare for years. Along with the 'white text on pale/bright yellow background or vice-versa' colour schemes FM chooses for some teams when the colours are similar in commentary bars etc. I play a small team in Belgium, it's hellish whenever we play in our third kit because so many of our opponents play in yellow the game messes around with the commentary colours and I can't follow a damned thing which is going on. It's the same with some white/very pale/bright blue schemes. Our third kit is yellow, the opponent plays in predominantly black with a bit of yellow piping. No on pitch problem at all. However, the opponent's club colours are yellow and black, so they get black commentary on a yellow background. What do I get? Pale yellow commentary on a white background! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....................

Trying to read white on a pale yellow/blue background is rage inducing as well, but FM seems to think humans have mass-spectrometers for eyes. The whole 'flip the top bar colours' thing just seems like a troll when this is the case. It's a 'pick your poison' toggle and I'm not certain it makes any difference to in-game commentary colours anyway. The game just seems completely arbitrary in what it chooses for those. Surely it shouldn't be too difficult to only match certain colours with black text, particularly when they are pale or bright, and only match darker colours with white text.

It's also amusing when you see the game choose to switch to a team's change strip and it blends completely with the opponent, when there's no clash at all with both 1st kits to begin with. Team A has red shirts, white shorts. Team B has white shirts, white shorts, red socks, so the game changes Team A to their 2nd kit............... which is white shirts O_o

Doesn't happen often, but the fact it does now and again is still enormously frustrating.

Drastically improved interactions, with players, the media, staff, other managers and other players.

More transparency.

Much more granularity in statistics. Let me see average positions, passes, all that jazz in fifteen minute increments. The average positions screen is basically useless if their wingers are switching flanks and they've changed formation twice, y'know?

Generally I'm quite pleased with the state of scouting at the moment. Transfers are in a much better place it seems than they were in FM14, but I'd like to see economies brought more in line with reality. As PSG, United, Inter or Madrid, I shouldn't be signing promising Serbian youngsters from ZFJ Nowhere; I should be signing them from Partizan and Red Star. Players need to move more realistically.

Generally I'm more or less happy with the state of the match engine; it's not perfect but at least some of the problems are new and different. Animations still need to be changed a bit. I'm not complaining about their quality, but more that I don't think they necessarily represent what's happening under the hood accurately. F'r instance, if an opponent intercepts a pass I'd like to see an opponent stepping in the path of a ball, not a simple pass so woefully underhit that the ball completely stops moving less than halfway to its intended recipient. Goalkeepers and corners still need work, as ever.

Minor thing.

But usually Person of the Match is awarded during the game. And you only see it announced after the game.

Be nice to get a * beside a player in the 85 minute or so.

FIFA World Coach of the Year. As it is a managers game, it's more important than a players award. And Ronaldo should be more realistic. With more goals and more awards.

Idea for FM 2028.

So, like most of us, when I play I fully concentrate on my own team and tend not to take notice of what's happening in other leagues. Not that I don't want to know, but rather I like managing my team better than sifting through news items from other leagues.

Also like most of us, I have a full time job, which is time not spent (or wasted) not playing the game.

It would be amazing if one day, the game could create a custom podcast based on your FM world, with items already included in the game. I'm talking Classico previews in other countries, milestones for players, achievement/records, managers on the brink of getting the sack, conflicts between players and managers, injuries, transfer rumors, players retiring, etc. It would be amazing if you could use the time not playing the game (at work or on your way to) to catch up on what's happening in your FM universe. It would add up to the immersion factor, not to mention maximize your "playing" time.

Wishful thinking? Of course. But it is a wishlist after all... :)

Just wondering if it's possible to add a new feature which shouldn't be too difficult to implement. I'm assuming it's easy as it should be just filtering by a date and having options show up to represent these dates.

Can we have the option of viewing a league table since X landmark. The X would be an option to pick like:

since you were appointed or any other managerial appointment

since a specified signing

since being taken over

since a chosen date

Essentially since any major in game landmark has happened. You could add this as a news item also every so often.

First of all, I really like the new scouting system where you have to scout a player over a longer period of time to more detailed information. But the longer scouting time also introduces a few problems with the growing queue of players to scout and the priority of who to scout first.

Right now you can set the priority of the scouting tasks that are already ongoing (on the Assignments tab of Scouting), but there is no way to prioritize the pending queue of players that are awaiting scouting (the Queue tab of Scouting).

This can cause some problems when you have a long list of players waiting to be scouted, and you suddenly find a potential gem you want to scout ASAP and give high priority. Since he's added to the Queue, there is no way to set the priority.

A simple fix could be to move the priority functionality to the queue instead of the ongoing scouting tasks - that way you could easily tell your scouts who to scout next, and be able to bump certain players to the top of the queue.

I'm sure this has been suggested numerous times before, but dynamic rivalries needs to be a thing. If I beat say, Man United to the title on the last day of the season with Halifax, I would like to see the game consider Halifax and Man United rivals. It's no good being the Premier League when the game still has you rivals with Guiseley, who are still in the Conference North.

I would like the ability to train individual players or groups (i.e. defenders etc) on specifics from the match using the highlights to do so.

For example where a full back gets dragged across and leaves his man or my winger repeatedly tries to shoot from a stupidly tight angle. It would be great to have that conversation and that then flow into their training (cuts the ball back might be a preferred move) and to see these improvements start to filter into the performances week on week. I am certain this is the crux of a lot of game to game training - you always hear of the players re-viewing the matches and focusing on things that didn't go right so I think this would add more realism to the game

Obviously in some cases the player will immediately say "yep - messed up" but in other cases it might help highlight to the manager if his tactics (or application of the combinations into his/her tactics) are causing the problem - i.e. defender pulled across because of a marking approach or something similar etc. Not making tackles because of a setting etc.

I'm sure this has been suggested numerous times before, but dynamic rivalries needs to be a thing.

Definitely this. I've had some great rivalries in the past, the one that springs to mind is this one with Merthyr Town in my 11 tier FM12 game:

dZBZ8KU.jpg

2016/17 BSS - I won the division, they came second

2017/18 BSP - I won the division, they came second

2018/19 L2 - I won the division, they came up through the playoffs

2019/20 L1 - I won the division, they finished 6th

OK, it was 'only' for 4 seasons, but it was a great rivalry while it lasted and you can just imagine the matchday buzz that these games would generate in real life - they must have hated us, their team of a generation being denied their moment in the sun season after season. They did win the L1 title the following season though, so they got their moment in the end, but by then I was away and without their nemesis, they tailed off.

Given how many players like to take a team from the bottom to the top, these rivalries need to be a lot more dynamic and take less time to kick in. Iirc, it only took a season or two for the Forest/Liverpool rivalry to emerge in the late 70's for example.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but any chance of having an option to click/hover for the dropdown menu's much like the i icon does? It's getting annoying when the dropdown menu constantly appears every time I scroll past it.

I'd like to see more personality options in the media interaction, specifically 'jovial', the ability to have a little joke with the media, as some managers do IRL. It would help cultivate some relationships with journalists and some stricter ones might not like it. Also, either instead of, or as well as 'cautious' you could have 'evasive', kind of an in-between cautious and no comment...for example 'the player might or might not play, we haven't decided' etc.

Two issues regarding saving:

1. Add an option to save twice a week. A week can take a long time in a network game, the fewer things we have to repeat in the event of a crash or corrupt save, the better. It happens.

2. On autosave, don't do any more actions until prompted. Having to sit through an autosave and then a manual one to quit is a bit of a nuisance.

Please have an option for GK contracts that says that they accept being the second choice keeper. I'm sick of signing a new keeper every year because they sign a backup contract but then complain during the season about lack of first team appearances

How about don't even add any new features next year and just make the game one giant bug bash? That might be more useful time spent than creating new bugs :)

Having said that, I really like the suggestion above:

Please have an option for GK contracts that says that they accept being the second choice keeper. I'm sick of signing a new keeper every year because they sign a backup contract but then complain during the season about lack of first team appearances

Yes, and for all players too. This season is just far too much of this. Please fix it, players from my youth squad should not be asking for first team football or they will leave...

The game database has information on what cities clubs represent. In my opinion this knowledge should be displayed on club info pages.

SI should allow the users of the game to report bugs through the game. It can't be that hard to add a button that will stay on every screen that allows the user to report a bug they see there and then, describe it and send it off to SI, which can then automatically identify where the user sees the bug, and which version of the game and DB they are using. Such a small amount of time to spend implementing and it would pay off in dividends for the consumer.

The report a bug would ensure that if there is a major bug, it could be easily identified by the number of reports that identify the same issue. These could take higher priority than a more obscure bug report that only one person submits. You could also enable the automatic sending of pkm's if the bug is reported from the match engine, saving everyone's time having to faff around with ftp's, which, let's face it, the normal user might struggle to figure out how to use it, or just give up.

I would like the possibility to see the estimated cost of each improvement via the board request before going for it. Granted, this is not something boards usually share with managers, but since AI boards tend to have trouble planning ahead, it would be nice to see the predicted impact on the club's finances (maybe metagamey/informal) before requesting it. For example, when I'm managing in a poor league like Ireland and get some money via Europa League, I might consider improving the youth setup, but have no idea how much it would cost in the long run. So a little bit of info like "Upgrade Training Facilities (Estimated cost: 750k, upgrade time: 6 months)" or "Increase Junior Coaching (Current cost: 80k/year, Estimated future cost: 140k/year)" would be useful, I think.

Would love to see a few more options included in the Team Meeting, when on a bad run of games it dissapoints me the 3 options available are all slighty positive ones... i want a couple options that really get stuck into the players and tell them to buck their ideas up.

Foul Throws

Players encroaching at free kicks.

Players being slow to retreat at the spot of free-kicks.

More horrendous refereeing errors in general (just for the lulz when kids go ape in GQ as a result)

A return to players assaulting each other on the field of play. Haven't seen a decent left-hook in FM for years.

The ability to request the installation or removal of Synthetic pitches. My small Belgian club has three teams playing home games in the same stadium. The pitch is wrecked by Christmas every single year, yet the board keeps relaying grass pitches.

Oh yeah - And rogue/dodgy Chairmen/Directors. Would be cool to be busted by HMRC mid-season, have the club plunged into Admin and two thirds of the squad immediately released.

I usually begin my career in Spain in one of four 2-b divisions. To avoid confusion - this is the third level of Spanish football after La Liga and Liga Adelante and the lowest playable in the game. When teams form third division (the forth level, that is unplayable in the game) are promoted to 2-b, they don't have managers and are most likely your destination, if you start the game as an unemployed. They don't have manager, they don't have staff, in most cases they don't have anybody except the president. How is that possible? Who led them to promotion? Were all these managers fired because of and immediately after their success? I think this needs to be changed. It's unrealistic. Every team must have a manager, even if it plays beyond the actual game's limits. Real manager or generated - doesn't matter. But there should be one.

It must have been said but if for nothing more than comedy / cosmetic value, vanishing free kick spray.

:)

I'm only wondering if there is or will be the option to sign for a new club starting next season? In real life it happens all the time, coaches committing to another club in March or April and starting the job in July.

Sorry if this already exists, I do own FM15 but I'm still hooked on my FM13 save.

You can delay the contract until the end of the season with job offers but it is not working properly, as the contract you agree on will not carry forward to the end of the season and you have to renegotiate all over again. I learned this the hard way when I went from an accepted offer of 11K per week with 25% yearly wage raise to them offering me 850/week and walking away when I asked for more (Hapoel Haifa).

I just responded to another post, and it made me think. There is one major thing that needs improving....interactions. IMHO, all the interactions, be it with the board, the fans, the players, aren't exactly 'broken', more like programmed. I had fans peeved that I, in 11th, lost to the team in 5th (away) just because we'd won 11 on the bounce. Fan reactions don't seem to take into account the calibre of your team or that of your opponents. OK, any real fan would be devastated to see a long run come to an end, but there is no acknowledgement of this in game....it's all about the result on the day. Form, ability, league position don't seem to affect the response. This also applies to the board.

Same goes with the players. If one plays badly against a much better team, and you give him a calm nudge to push on, or plays badly against an inferior team and you give him a good, stiff, metaphorical kick up the behind, scuse my language, you get the same response. A player should be more contrite/concerned/embarrassed about a bad performance against a bad team. Also they don't seem, I might be wrong, to react differently to the level and severity of talking to you give.

And speaking of boards, have you ever walked into a club where half your first team are injured, six of the rest are WBLs, ones a 44 year old MC who couldn't pass the salt, you have 1 striker, and you're expected to win the league?? Board expectations seem to be based entirely on the reputation of the club and current club situations have absolutely no bearing on them. Last year, in FM14, Wrexham were in dire need of an extensive, top to bottom rebuild, yet I was expected to 'push for promotion', when I knew that the entire season was going to be spent re-developing an ageing, slow, poor quality, injury prone team. I tried to do both, impossible. I got fired every...single...time.

The whole interaction thing needs re-working, I don't know how but players, fans, the board......all need an overhaul to be more flexible and able to acknowledge and respond to real-time situations. Fans need to acknowledge you were playing a much higher opposition, even in your own league, and that you're doing great for that long unbeaten run that's hauled a team from 22nd to 10th (my current game lol). Boards (and fans) need flexibility to admit, for example, that ok you're one of the best teams in the division on reputation, but at the moment the squad is in transition so for this season lets go for a midtable position and concentrate on a decent, money spinning cup run etc. And players need to know the difference between getting scolded for playing badly against Chelsea or Chelmsford. (No offence Chelmsford!)

Possibly my fault on the Row Z Free kicks. Changed it to aim for best header and suddenly shots were hitting the target and Zarate actually scored directly from the free kick!! Having said that his finishing and free kick stats are quite high whereas Fuchs who usually takes them has free kick and crossing stats that are high but poor finishing. Therefore I suspect that Fuchs is better at wide free kicks delivering into the box due to his crossing stats but Zarate is better at central free kicks aimed as a shot on goal due to his finishing stats. Unfortunately as far as I can see the game does not allow you to place players on a particular free kick like Fuchs for wide kicks and Zarate for central. Considering the stats may come into play here maybe an option for SI to look at to allow this in future?

Additional transfer clauses.

Instead of fixing it to a 10/20/30/40/50 league appearances money, I should be able to fix it like for every 10 league appearances, I can receive a certain amount of money. Currently, if a player doesn't make 50 league appearances, I do not receive any money.

These additional clauses are already made for some players by researchers. We could do with it in game during a transfer negotiations.

Eg.

0BhWgn0.png

The ability to request the board to setup your club's own youth academies in foreign countries.

The ability to request the board to setup/remove reserve teams, U# teams, II teams, etc.

Player positioning

Player positioning on the pitch, offensively and defensively, is so important for your team to play how and where you want. It's something Pep Guardiola talks about constantly, and obsessively.

One of the older versions of the game had this option, where the pitch was split into 12 segments, 4 down and 3 across. Then when you click on a segment, it shows the team shape if the ball was in that segment (for both offensively and defensively). I'd love to see this brought back. It brought me a lot of success for things like positioning the attacking mid in the 6 yard box when a winger is delivering the ball from the byline, and putting the striker on the far post etc. Also useful for dropping my anchor man back into defence when defending deep to be a false centreback etc.

Please bring it back.

The ability to turn off players' faces completely including black outlines.

Yeah, wishful thinking.........

One of my biggest bug bears in FM is the lack of quality feedback the game gives you, and I also believe that much of the feedback around injuries etc can be attributed to this.

I would suggest a monthly meeting with your assistant manager, whereby you converse over your views. An example of this might be

AM "Boss, we're training the players quite hard, with the fixture congestion coming up we might want to think about toning it down a bit"

AM "Boss, we're suffering injuries because we're training the players straight after games"

I know these are very specific, but a little more useful direction & feedback from the game would be good.

SI should allow the users of the game to report bugs through the game. It can't be that hard to add a button that will stay on every screen that allows the user to report a bug they see there and then, describe it and send it off to SI, which can then automatically identify where the user sees the bug, and which version of the game and DB they are using. Such a small amount of time to spend implementing and it would pay off in dividends for the consumer.

The report a bug would ensure that if there is a major bug, it could be easily identified by the number of reports that identify the same issue. These could take higher priority than a more obscure bug report that only one person submits. You could also enable the automatic sending of pkm's if the bug is reported from the match engine, saving everyone's time having to faff around with ftp's, which, let's face it, the normal user might struggle to figure out how to use it, or just give up.

This one, definitely.

I'd like to be able to wish my player a happy birthday under player interaction on the day of his birthday.

I wouldn't want a Yaya Toure on my hands!

I'd really REALLY like to be able to talk to my player when a bid comes in for him , it's all a little limited atm and only being able to have a conversation after you reject a bid and the player is mad could do with an improvement.

Is it possible to include a testimonial option in the drop down menu for friendlies? The flow would be something like: Arrange friendlies > Testimonial > List of eligible players for it > (optional) List of teams eligible

Since the testimonial feature was implemented, I've liked it, and hoped it could be improved upon. I've already had two called back at Everton due to schedule issues, and I don't agree that the tests should be a random occurrence.

I've searched this thread and, spelling notwithstanding, there doesn't seem to be any mention of sports psychologists. Any chance of this being a staff role in future? A lot of clubs employ them these days and, though definitely a luxury and not necessarily an automatically approved role by the board, it would be interesting to see any changes to players (or not) as a result of a head doctor. Or how it would work...

My wishlist would be to add nothing and spend a year fixing and improving all the new stuff that's been released in the last few years and making good on it. Player interactions, team talks, the new transfer system etc - if they all worked properly and logically I think FM15 would've been the best game yet, as it is the enjoyment is ruined periodically when the game does something utterly ********.

Oh and make it harder.

In the import tactics window I wish we could see a preview of the tactic formation. When I'm experimenting with tactics, sometimes I might see promising results and I'd save them down to test and tweak later, when you have a lot of tactics it can get confusing despite how well you name them. There is already space on the right hand side for the preview thumbnail to show.