Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

It's important that DoFs are immovable on some games. In fact it's pretty farcical altogether that a manager can sack a director of football on FM.

It's also important that negotiations for transfers and contracts are no longer held by you (the manager), since this does not happen at all any more.

It's important that DoFs are immovable on some games. In fact it's pretty farcical altogether that a manager can sack a director of football on FM.

It's also important that negotiations for transfers and contracts are no longer held by you (the manager), since this does not happen at all any more.

If you do not want to have control over the DoF's fate there is an option for you to hand that responsibility over to owner or managing director & the same is true of contract negotiations.

To say that managers no longer deal with contract talks is a rather simplistic approach, this may well be the case at many elite level clubs but as you go down the football pyramid there will be more instances of managers having near total control over club affairs & this needs to be replicated in FM because football doesn't cease to exist outside of FC Bayern, Barcelona, Man City et al.

Since he won CL (twice), CA appears to be quite irrelevant, doesn't it? He IS a great manager. And i don't use fm scout, so I can't see his pa.

It may be irrelevant to you but as a general rule (not all) CA will influence ability to be successful. You still should be able to look at his attributes and get a good idea of what CA is.

It may be irrelevant to you but as a general rule (not all) CA will influence ability to be successful. You still should be able to look at his attributes and get a good idea of what CA is.

I second what you say about the lack of coaches...

In my current file there are NO (yes I counted) five star coaches for any training category in the first three years so far...

I've just had three staff retire, two players as well. Ryan Giggs who I had as U21 coach has improved to such an extent he's now a 4.5 star attacking coach worthy of commanding a wage of 76k a week (What the hell?) but there's literally no other staff out there with the necessary attributes to be a 5 star coach. I get that they should be rare, but none? meh!

I'm sure this has probably been mentioned before but FM just needs to concentrate on honing the features it already has rather than adding anything particularly new and fancy. Three main areas that need tuning up...

Media Interaction- Press conferences are still insanely repetitive- I keep getting asked how it will be for a player I sold 3 years ago to return when he's already played against us about 8 times. Also I just got a season preview saying it is sad for Norwich fans that I don't play enough English players despite 7 of my first choice XI being English. Little things like that do take you out of the game a bit.

Player interaction- This is better than it was but still prone to weirdness as others have mentioned. Players getting annoyed that you have not sold them despite it being September, players asking to be wtihdrawn from the transfer list then the next week wanting a chat about wanting to move to a bigger club. Players complaining they've not been played enough despite having long injury layoffs in that time. I had a player speak to me the day of the last game of the season about a lack of Football. When I told him he was in my first team plans for next season he said he can't wait that long and handed in a transfer request. He can't wait one game??

Match Engine- Think I posted this higher up the thread but PLEASE less shooting from stupid positions, less crosses hitting the bar/post/needing to be saved, less keepers catching a cross that was going out for a goal kick then stepping out of play. Also I think me and SI have a VERY different interpretation of a clear cut chance. I've had shots from difficult angles described as a CCC but unmarked headers from 6 yards out not be. Finally mak the 'Go Route One' button actually work. Nothing more frustrating that being a goal down in the 89th minute with all your settings designed to get your players humping it up to the big man and then watching your keeper and CB's play triangles with it.

This is all true focus on the games core! Once that is perfect then you can go about adding new features

I would like to be able to manage the youth teams and then be able to work your way up to reserve/U21 manger and then onto first team manager if you wanted to. It would be good if you were the guy who was responsible for the next generation of star players in your first team. What does everybody else think?

I believe the game becomes at times a little too mathy. Like it HAS to be 2+2= 4, you HAVE to play your best team to win, you HAVE to do certain things to win, for example, in a particular case if you are not telling your team to play direct football and persisting with a short passing possession game, you will NEVER win certain games. In some cases, even if a player who is integral to your team isn't playing well, NOTHING but subbing him off would make things better. You'll dominate possession, your forwards will do torresses after torresses, you will hit the posts umpteen number of times but you will NEVER score. it kind of gets tiresome at times- FM is not supposed to be a puzzle, where nothing but the right piece of the jigsaw would fit in. FM14 was exactly like that. I'd love to see a troublemaking star player rotting in the reserves while I draft in a young player from my U-21 team who can make the fans forget the overpaid superstar, but that doesn't happen in FM as a rule. Would love to see a bit of randomness coming into the game.

Also, why does firing even a single staff member (Mutual Termination) at the beginning of a game earmarks the save to be a sure-shot failure? Be it a HOYD or a scout, if I fire a staff member, I am not going past two months in that save. It's like a standard! :confused:

FM14 also did away with the tactical sliders. I fail to understand why. We now have buttons that don't change stuff much in most of the cases.

There's an issue with the "revamped" player interactions too- we now can't praise a random player and make him unsettled at his club. Why?

Also, why does firing even a single staff member (Mutual Termination) at the beginning of a game earmarks the save to be a sureshot failure? Be it a HOYD or a scout, if I fire a staff member, I am not going past two months in that save. It's like a standard! :confused:

I exchange most of the staff at the beginning of a new save and never have troubles like you describe them. I suppose it is rather your mindset that decides that the save is a failure...

I exchange most of the staff at the beginning of a new save and never have troubles like you describe them. I suppose it is rather your mindset that decides that the save is a failure...

Not really. I noticed this a long time back- and have intentionally tried this out to see if the hypothesis is true. You start a season brilliantly, go on a winning streak maybe, three months in you fire a coach and bring in a new guy- the team goes for a toss, three months later, you get the sack. Once or twice I can pass it off as coincidence, happening time and again? There has got to be an issue somewhere. Staff members that are much worse off in terms of skill points seem to be doing their job fine- as long as you maintain status quo, everything is normal, results depend on how you play and set up (again, the 2+2 = 4 issue, if you change things around you go for a toss. Anyway, that's not the point here). If you ever decide to bring in a better person on board, you're a goner.

Not really. I noticed this a long time back- and have intentionally tried this out to see if the hypothesis is true. You start a season brilliantly, go on a winning streak maybe, three months in you fire a coach and bring in a new guy- the team goes for a toss, three months later, you get the sack. Once or twice I can pass it off as coincidence, happening time and again? There has got to be an issue somewhere. Staff members that are much worse off in terms of skill points seem to be doing their job fine- as long as you maintain status quo, everything is normal, results depend on how you play and set up (again, the 2+2 = 4 issue, if you change things around you go for a toss. Anyway, that's not the point here). If you ever decide to bring in a better person on board, you're a goner.

Its 100% nothing to do with you firing staff.

Then I guess it's an overtly spooky and recurring coincidence for me :lol:

I am not sure if this has been mentioned before because I can't be bothered to read all 43 pages of this thread but I have a suggestion in regards to potential. I understand that this may be difficult to implement into the game but bare with me. How many times in real life do you see a young player have a game or two above their average ability and show signs of what could come ? I would like it if say they have a current ability of 120 and a pa of 180 that for one game in a blue moon they perform at a 150 or 160 level. I think this would add another level of realism. This may not be possible but for example Raheem Stirling has shown in some games the player he is capable of developing into. The frequency of the games would reduce to nothing after a certain age because it is obvious that they may not develop. I think one of the things about a young player is that they have that variable quality. I think it would be exciting but what do you guys think.

P.s I understand the difficulties it would take in implementing this but I do believe it would encourage people to play their youth more often. I don't believe that development ever is completely linear and players often show that one game where they are really bright and energetic. It is just a though anyway.

I am not sure if this has been mentioned before because I can't be bothered to read all 43 pages of this thread but I have a suggestion in regards to potential. I understand that this may be difficult to implement into the game but bare with me. How many times in real life do you see a young player have a game or two above their average ability and show signs of what could come ? I would like it if say they have a current ability of 120 and a pa of 180 that for one game in a blue moon they perform at a 150 or 160 level. I think this would add another level of realism. This may not be possible but for example Raheem Stirling has shown in some games the player he is capable of developing into. The frequency of the games would reduce to nothing after a certain age because it is obvious that they may not develop. I think one of the things about a young player is that they have that variable quality. I think it would be exciting but what do you guys think.

P.s I understand the difficulties it would take in implementing this but I do believe it would encourage people to play their youth more often. I don't believe that development ever is completely linear and players often show that one game where they are really bright and energetic. It is just a though anyway.

Agreed, it'd spawn a lot of moaning on here though "why can't my 17 year old play like dis evry gem hurr durr?"

Also please sort out the keepers catching a ****** cross at the front post and conceding a corner

This already exists through the consistency hidden attribute. The attributes in FM are only a base which are already influenced by consistency. A player who is inconsistent will sometimes perform above their ability and sometimes below.

What I believe should happen is if a player who has low potential have consistently good games his PA should increase, and vice versa. I would also like to see late bloomers happen but I think if this was possible to implement it would already be in the game. I don't see the variable potential thing be a problem though as games like MLB the Show has this.

Are you sure consistency does that ? I thought it was more that they play at their current level of ability more often if they are consistent. I don't believe that a consistent young player who has a ca of 120 will play at 160 because of that attribute.

I would like to be able to manage the youth teams and then be able to work your way up to reserve/U21 manger and then onto first team manager if you wanted to. It would be good if you were the guy who was responsible for the next generation of star players in your first team. What does everybody else think?

Anyone???

I certainly wouldn't mind what you're suggesting, JamsyLFC.

Not in the format it is now but clubs actually approaching you for being a youth and/or reserve manager.

Having to work your way up the ladder. Earn the position of being a senior level manager.

Reason i wouldn't mind it is that i would probably play that way. I have no doubt it would cause more frustration

on my part but that would be half the fun. No idea if it would actually work in the current format of FM though

but i would definitely give it a go.

From reading through nearly all the posts on this thread, the 3 things that I would like to see most are:

I'd love to be able to manage U21 and U18 squads. I love being able to manager at U21 level in international football and think it would be great at club level too. Starting un-employed would mean making a choice between a lower-league side, or perhaps the U18 manager at a Premier League club. For a journeyman save this would offer SO many more options.

The second is GreenArmy's idea (p42) about being able to talk to a player during contract negotiations. Being able to sell him the club through ambitions etc. How often do you hear of players talking after a transfer that the manager spoke to them and convinced them to join (normally because of their "philosophy").

Finally, Goalkeepers. Nearly everything about Goalkeepers in the match engine, but most of all goalkeepers need to be able to foul players. Other than a keeper coming out of his area holding the ball, I've never seen a keeper foul a player. You never see a striker rounding a keeper and being brought down. Really has to change.

Whilst, these are the 3 individual things that I would like to see, the biggest overall thing (which I KNOW SI are working on is the Match Engine and how it is represented in 3D. I'm not expecting FIFA style graphics, but it would just be great if the 3D ME gave a far better impression about what is happening in the game. We've all seen those shots from an angle that go so far wide of the near post it's untrue. I've managed Bale, Ronaldo, Messi and they all do it. A lot. I'm sure it's not that they are missing the target by that much, rather the match engine doesn't have the animations to show how the shot truly was. And that's frustrating.

But overall - the game is incredible.

More realistic job offers when doing well.

Advanced match engine graphics.

MOTD style highlights show like they used to have in LMA manager.

Create a club in full fm as well as fmc.

Build your own training ground, clubstore etc.

I certainly wouldn't mind what you're suggesting, JamsyLFC.

Not in the format it is now but clubs actually approaching you for being a youth and/or reserve manager.

Having to work your way up the ladder. Earn the position of being a senior level manager.

Reason i wouldn't mind it is that i would probably play that way. I have no doubt it would cause more frustration

on my part but that would be half the fun. No idea if it would actually work in the current format of FM though

but i would definitely give it a go.

I reckon it could work. You can take control of B teams in Spain. So I don't see why it couldn't be possible to control youth or reserve teams for other clubs. It would definitely give me a bit more interest in the game than I have been having these past couple of years.

From reading through nearly all the posts on this thread, the 3 things that I would like to see most are:

I'd love to be able to manage U21 and U18 squads. I love being able to manager at U21 level in international football and think it would be great at club level too. Starting un-employed would mean making a choice between a lower-league side, or perhaps the U18 manager at a Premier League club. For a journeyman save this would offer SO many more options.

The second is GreenArmy's idea (p42) about being able to talk to a player during contract negotiations. Being able to sell him the club through ambitions etc. How often do you hear of players talking after a transfer that the manager spoke to them and convinced them to join (normally because of their "philosophy").

Finally, Goalkeepers. Nearly everything about Goalkeepers in the match engine, but most of all goalkeepers need to be able to foul players. Other than a keeper coming out of his area holding the ball, I've never seen a keeper foul a player. You never see a striker rounding a keeper and being brought down. Really has to change.

Whilst, these are the 3 individual things that I would like to see, the biggest overall thing (which I KNOW SI are working on is the Match Engine and how it is represented in 3D. I'm not expecting FIFA style graphics, but it would just be great if the 3D ME gave a far better impression about what is happening in the game. We've all seen those shots from an angle that go so far wide of the near post it's untrue. I've managed Bale, Ronaldo, Messi and they all do it. A lot. I'm sure it's not that they are missing the target by that much, rather the match engine doesn't have the animations to show how the shot truly was. And that's frustrating.

But overall - the game is incredible.

At the same time, I'd like the option to tell a player he's surplus to requirements BEFORE you put them on the list (it's not available, I checked, it does pop up when they come whinging to you though...)

And the option to offer them out or list them without their knowledge. Kind of a 'We're willing to sell' but we're not flat out transfer listing and telling him yet. Because too often there's not enough bids for people who aren't on the list.

Some kind of feedback when sacked, either from the board or at least in an interview in the media concerning your thoughts on the sacking (preferably both). A kind of way to ventilate your frustration (or relief). Do you understand the decision, how dissapointed are you, what are your plans for the future (are you willing to manage at a lower level?), that sort of questions. In the current game the only related feedback comes when you get a new job and you are asked if you feel your sacking was harsh. Often this is months after the event.

IRL every sacking is spread out in the media, but in FM14 it's like BANG! Gone are the club colours, you're unemployed and then nothing, apart from a dry "Club X sack manager Y, candidates to take the job is manager Z".. This is kind of a lame end of a career at a certain club. At least summerise the managers achiefments at that club or something like that. Furthermore I take it the board has something to say to you when the curtain falls (more than just the ultimatum a couple of days previous), supporters and sponsors might have an opinion and the media will be all over it for sure (criticising you ór the club).

Furthermore, if your career has been successfull (apart from the last series of matches probably) I'd expect some lurking clubs (maybe of lower stature) to show an immediate interest in your services now you're a free agent. In FM14 it seems like the sacking in itself drains all interest from clubs. Say I get sacked relegating Brighton after I took them into the PL, why won't a Championship or L1 club want me as a manager after the relegation?

At the moment, one key problem in the game is Full-backs. Going forward they are fine, it is defensively there is quite an unrealistic problem. They stand off players even if they are told not to, the most common goal I see on FM is from a player going down the wing and going past a full-back like he is not there and then being through on goal. I feel that the full-backs need improving defensively in the way that they stay on a player, try and put in tackles and don't just allow an attacker to go past them so easily all the time.

I agree with the above. Through balls behind the full back are too easy. I hammer on positioning, but still this 'gap' is used often (by me and my opponents).

Just like the defending of a near post corner-kick. In tactics I can let a player 'mark' the first post, but I can't place a player on the side of the 6yards box to sweep up any short corners. If the kick is properly taken (or way too short for that matter) incoming players are free to head or kick on goal as no defender is positioned to intercept the cross. I score like that all the time (aim all my corners at the near post for this reason) but almost equally as often concede this way as the tactics editor doesn't allow to prevent it.

BTW: I promised my board to score a lot from dead ball situations as I score from these kind of corner kicks pretty often, but every review they keep telling me how dissapointed they are because of the lack of dead ball goals... Weird... Or doesn't a corner kick count as a dead ball situation. Small error that should be fixed in FM15.

When a goal in scored during a match, a popup appears with the numbers of goals scored by that player this season. I would like if this could be changed to show the number of goals scored by that player in the competition rather than in all competitions

When a goal in scored during a match, a popup appears with the numbers of goals scored by that player this season. I would like if this could be changed to show the number of goals scored by that player in the competition rather than in all competitions

I like this, maybe could even say both, for example:

(Name of scorer)

(competition goals - x)

(x goals in all competitions)

Great ideas so far guys. I wish to hear us and make the game Colossal!

My suggestion is to think (An act system of one or more automations from the players to create one particular chance).

Like to load other tactic and have other playstyle that you wanna to play, for 15 minutes for example. If you swing your tactics in a game first you will loose all your opposition markings and you have to fix it again.

The Idea is a 100% learning tactic with target man for example to play it for 5 minutes or whatever and give you goal(like Basketball if understand the point).

I want to see more player-related statistical analysis; comparison of different CB partnerships (goals conceded, win %, PPG etc), same with striker partnerships (goals and assists for each other), these sorts of things. Maybe tied into the backroom meetings, or available upon request from your assistant (or some new analytical staff role?)

I would love to see some kind of summary page after you have created a tactic. By that I mean that after choosing the formation and the TIs you want to use, you would see some kind of info page detailing the overall tactic. For example if I choose to use rigid and control with TIs 'lower tempo' and 'play wider' the info page could inform me that 'your tempo is average' and 'you are playing very wide'. I don't need any detailed info like 'tempo is 10 out of 20' but some kind of feedback about what some of the instructions and mentalities do when combined, would be nice.

Simplify "playing styles" - duties should have no impact on mentality changes (in terms of fluidity, of course). I don't know which style to choose when I want my FB(A) to be more offensive. I'd assume Fluid is best option, because it increases defender's mentality. Then, due to attack duty of my FB, his mentality decrease. It's very counterintuitive.

I'd like to add to previous requests on here for future updates.

1. Update the set piece setup to indicate who a player will actually man mark if added to the "Man Mark" part of a defensive corner. Right now I have absolutely no idea which of the opposition each player in that group will be picking up. Is it just randomly assigned, if so, why?

2. Make tactical changes in game instant, or at least not waiting until a break in play. I don't see managers now waiting for the ball to go out for a throw in for example to tell his players to play narrower, they just shout it to the nearest player to pass the message on. Some more complex changes, like formation etc I can understand but for team/player instructions it should be an instant change.

3. Ability to take contract/transfer negotiation parts off the table completely. Like stating that a % wage rise is not happening, at all, ever. Or stating up front that the suggestion of "loaning a player back for a season" is not going to happen at all, so stop adding it back to every offer.

I would like to be able to setup up actual training drills, Match prep drills in the game rather than just using names.

Like When i say match prep attacking movement. On what kind of attacking movement we focus ? How runners and supports co-ordinates etc. So managers be able to design those kind of drills and we should be able to see our players using those drills in matches. It will add more realism to game as well as really test the manager's footballing knowledge. We should be able to decide how much hours to spend in what kind of training and drills.

I'd like more options for your Tis, at the minute I can "hassle my opponents" or whatever and that's far too vague - I can't really set how high or low I want to press nor can I set how aggressively I press -I'm not calling for sliders but maybe something like this:

- very aggressive pressing

- agressive pressing

- moderate

- gentle

- stand off

Also I'd like to be able to manually select how high/low my defensive line is because it's one of the few things managers can do physically set.

I'd like it for players who have been out of contract for a set period of time to be a little more agreeable when negotiating contracts.

Just a kid who has been out of contract for a year refuse to accept 9k p/w because he wanted...9.5k per week.

I'd like to see the Separation of player prices. We need at least 4 levels of player prices: The 1st one determines whether we receive a fax or not, The 2nd one

determines whether we consider the offered price, the 3rd one determines whether the offer getting close to our magic number, and the 4th one

determines whether the offer should be accepted automatically. The previous versions only have one level, when you set it as the minimum

acceptable price, AI will never offer a higher price than it, how can they peep our commercial secrets so easily?

And I'd like to see more manager clauses, such as clauses to receive a cut of any transfer profits from players they sign & the later sell, and the clauses to recive dividends or stockshares when he achieve a huge success, what an attractive prospect!

Finally, I expect a player/manager mode year by year. Why only AI players can act as both a player and a non-player role, eg. coach, manager, scout, physio.

"Short Notes & Pins" column

Note: Initially I wasn't aware that I should post in this thread, so the complete topic can be found here I'll simply paste in my two key posts from there, containing graphic examples as well as description.

Post 1 - Introduction and one graphical example

It's great that we can "customize view" of our squad by adding/removing columns that provide various info, ie. Apps/Gls/Ast/K Pas/K Tck to name a few.

However, there are no columns where we can enter a short text of our own. Here is one example of how it could be used:

- When it comes to player role suitability I tend to rate them myself. Key attributes for each role can be highlighted in the player's attribute screen.

- Personally I divide the importance of attributes into Primary, Secondary and Utility (usually not included in key attributes). An example of Utility att's for the Limited Defender role are Concentration and Composure. Neither is highlighted as key, but I tend to pay great attention to them, and classify them as Utility.

- I won't bore you with methods of calculation, but once it's done I give my player a rating for that role, and write it in Notepad or on a piece of paper. Naturally this helps with selection, and having a general idea about the player.

- The end result would be to have that info in a column which, ie would say: "D79, B76", meaning "Limited defender 79, Ball playing defender 76".

Here's a 'screen shot' of how it would look like:

- The red rectangle is serving as an outline of the column, which would be adjustable just like all other columns.

- Next to Serge Aurier there's an example of the text which we can type in.

- Naturally, it would be common sense to have a character limit, perhaps 10?

- You'll notice that I've tried a workaround due to lack of this column, by editing nicknames and adding Individual training column. When combined they tell me which position I use this player for, and what's his rating.

Note_column.jpg

I'll take the liberty of assuming that adding this feature would be a fairly small task, given that in FM it's already possible to edit nicknames, keep personal notes, add numerous other different columns, as well as adjust their width.

Additionally, the ability for players to add "Pins" of various color within the "Short note" column would deepen its' use. When mousing over a pin, our custom text would pop up in the shape of a tool tip (graphic examples bellow). Character limit in "Pins" would be greater.

So ie. as per the 'screen shot':

Player name .. | Short note column

Serge Aurier | LBR 78 *Red pin* [Custom text that pops up when the pin is moused over] |

Various other uses for this sort of a column can also be found.

Ie. I'm usually a strict disciplinarian, often giving 2 week wage fines for poor performances. Some players don't take too well to this, while I can easily assert myself with others. The point of this would be to keep a tight shift, without the risk of mutiny :D by making a note on how does a player react, on a scale 1-10, when disciplined.

Also, when players ask for improved contracts I tend to force the "You still have time on your contract" option for as long as I can before offering a bumper deal. Here too, some players don't take too well to this, while other do. Keeping tabs on this could be useful. Noting down that I postponed ie. 8 requests from a certain player for a bumper deal could be useful. If he has a pesky Agent and I manage to get rid of him, maybe the eventual bumper deal won't be so bumpy :D I'm a penny pincher, I know.

Other various info could be placed in those "Pins", ie. Performance rating(s) when paired with [Player A], ratings when paired with [Player B], etc.

Breakdown: The "Short note" column [10 chars + up to 4 different colored pins with 100chars each] could serve as a sort of relevant notes and tabs we keep on players, that are viewable/editable on the fly. It would take little space, maybe the width of the 'Contract Expiry' column, and for those who don't want it, it could be turned OFF just like any other columns.

Post 2 - Breakdown and 2 graphical examples

Glad you like the suggestion, thank you kindly. What I proposed isn't a new idea, there were requests from the community for a "Notes" column in the past, but to my knowledge it fell on deaf ears with developers every time. What might be considered different with my suggestion is the option to add/remove pins within the "Notes" column for each player. Here are two 'screenshots' of how a "short note" + 2 pins would look like:

Screen 1: Short note + Two pins (closed)

- Red line represents the boundary of the column (which can be widened or narrowed)

- As with the previous 'screenshot' notice the text next to Serge Aurier. This would be the 'short note' that may consist of up to 10 characters.

- Notice the blue and green pins next to the 'short note'. This is how they would look before you mouse over one of them.

- This example consists of a 'short note' and two 'pins'. For every player you can have ie. 0-4 pins.

Note_column_plus_2_pins.jpg

Screen 2: Short note + Two pins (green pin open)

- When mousing over the green pin, a box pops up that can be filled with text. For more clarity, it's outline matches the color of its' parent pin. Ideally, its' size would vary depending on how much text it would contain. This would be great for any type of a note that requires more detail and cannot be packed into a simple abbreviation. And more importantly, for those of us with family obligations it would serve as a comprehensive 'checkpoint' reminder, to help players keep track of their game after being away for days at a time. After not playing for, say, a week, nothing in FM is as annoying for me, as not having the vaguest idea which regen striker is my first-choice, at which point I must look at who has more appearances, goals and what have you, and then comes the re-familiarization with his attributes/moves etc. Having Pins that can quickly give me a pop up of my custom text, keeps me up to speed.

Note_column_plus_2_pins_pin_open.jpg

So the 'Short note' would be something that we want to always see and be able to edit at all times. In my case I would place the column next to a player's name and I wouldn't need to rummage through menus and current note system, having to go through separate menus, browse through current note categories, or constantly hover over symbols for some pop-ups.

'Pins' would be something that we can add should we need them for more descriptive notes. Most importantly, both are in the player's row, take up little space, can be manipulated on the fly, and are a allround notes-solution without additional menus/tabs and what not. Being able to keep short and detailed notes, easily accessible in the Selection screen would prove invaluable, as we could write down whatever we feel is relevant for any given player. It would no doubt increase immersion into the game, and possibly add more depth to it as well.

If you do not want to have control over the DoF's fate there is an option for you to hand that responsibility over to owner or managing director & the same is true of contract negotiations.

To say that managers no longer deal with contract talks is a rather simplistic approach, this may well be the case at many elite level clubs but as you go down the football pyramid there will be more instances of managers having near total control over club affairs & this needs to be replicated in FM because football doesn't cease to exist outside of FC Bayern, Barcelona, Man City et al.

Alex, I agree with what you say but that should then be taken a step further and clubs should have their own identity in terms of how they're organised, taking the above into account. It should not really be down to the player to customise, that power should be removed and only changed through board requests. This would be far more realistic.

For my own play style I agree with you & I set the staff responsibilities to whatever I feel is the most realistic system for the club that I am managing at however it's not too much of a leap to acknowledge that imposing that level of realism on everyone risk driving many people away from the product, the current system is imho a reasonable compromise.

I've banged on about this before but I'd like to see youth players from the same intake have each other as favoured personnel, similar to how they have coaches as favoured personnel now.

In fact, a few improvements can be made to favoured personnel and how it works. As it is now, I almost always see players who have storming games or seasons who become favoured personnel for other players. I'd like it to be a bit more random or not so much based on performances. Maybe same personality types, same nationalities or even players born in the same city and such. These things are already in the game, so maybe just to link them to the whole favoured personnel model would be nice.

Copied this over from this topic, since for some reason it won't let me post it there...

What about some kind of "feedback" or CV system for staff. If we want consistency, then I'm guessing this would apply for all staff, and we'd start removing more than just the JA/JP attributes. I'll try (and probably fail) to outline it...

You're at Club A, and you need a Scout. You go out into the Job Centre and find hundreds of people looking for jobs. Each one of them has a CV attached, outlining their previous experiences. As part of this, you could have feedback or testimonials from those they've worked with. I'm not talking pages and pages of information, could even be represented by graphics, coloured arrows or something. John Smith worked for a number of top Premiership clubs, and in that time he found a number of very successful players. You can also have stats related to this. How many players he found were eventually signed? Did he bring value to the side by finding a rough diamond for cheap? From this half-to-one pager, you can make a decision on whether the scout is worth hiring. He's got the track record, but he has had a lot of employers - is he going to jump ship, or can you expect him to be loyal?

For coaches you could have something similar, but some stats around the improvement of players that have been under his tutelage. For physios, how about the injury record and relative recovery times of players during his spell at the club? Assistants would have a wealth of information too. And so on and so forth.

Does that make sense? Or is it just a terrible idea...

1. Managing Under 21's

I think it would be great to be able to take jobs at Premier League clubs as the Under 21's Manager, etc. Also it would be fantastic if you could then recemmend players to the first team manager for selection. I.e you have a striker in the under 21s who has been performing well, you could inform the first team manager that you believe your young striker is ready for a opportunity with the first team. Again this could potentially work with national teams.

Also, if the first team manager is sacked, leaves for another position, you could be moved up to the be the caretaker manager, and if you do well, potentially be offered the position.

2. Media Comments

I agree with some of the comment regarding the media interview, very very repetative. A old player who has come back time after time since being sold, but constantly asked if he is going to come back and haunt me!

I would like smarter AI managers when it comes to buying players- it seems to me that a lot of managers just buy players depending on if the player's overall stats are considered good enough, rather than looking for the specific attributes they would need to fit in. I like how managers have preferred formations, but with it they should realise that to fill certain positions they need players with certain attributes (eg. Mourinho likes playing 1 strong striker up front, so should look for strikers that fit this ideal).

I know it has been said earlier in the thread, but I too would really like a better youth system than the one currently in place- it is far too random. Ideally, players would come through at a younger age so you have more time to tailor them to your club's style, or you should be able to specify this previously so that youth players come through with certain characteristics. If they did come through at a younger age, that would also mean you could poach players from clubs at this time (like West Ham did with Defoe, or Arsenal with Fabregas)

Transfers.... but not how you think

I'd like to see customisation in offering out loans

-I only want this young SouthAmerican without a WP to go to Spain, so find all eligible clubs there please DoF (you know, for the 2 years nationality thing)

-I only want my young talent to go to a domestic club, so auto-reject any from overseas (for HG purposes)

-And foreign teams should come in for a talent that has a few days left for nationality of that type (oh... you've got 20 days to go before Italian nationality, let's offer him to them - rather than the 3-years of EasternEurope) - for older players (like the 25yo I've just signed)

and the "not playing" for loans should take into account whether they've been injured or not... and don't tell me you've dropped a player for "poor form" when his last 5 games have an average rating of ~7.5

edit: and considering it's all the rage recently, how about loans (of WP needing players in particular) lasting more than a year? kinda stupid that they miss out on a few days because it takes a couple of days for the to return-to-me before I can loan-them-back-out again

Transfers.... but not how you think

I'd like to see customisation in offering out loans

-I only want this young SouthAmerican without a WP to go to Spain, so find all eligible clubs there please DoF (you know, for the 2 years nationality thing)

-I only want my young talent to go to a domestic club, so auto-reject any from overseas (for HG purposes)

-And foreign teams should come in for a talent that has a few days left for nationality of that type (oh... you've got 20 days to go before Italian nationality, let's offer him to them - rather than the 3-years of EasternEurope) - for older players (like the 25yo I've just signed)

and the "not playing" for loans should take into account whether they've been injured or not... and don't tell me you've dropped a player for "poor form" when his last 5 games have an average rating of ~7.5

edit: and considering it's all the rage recently, how about loans (of WP needing players in particular) lasting more than a year? kinda stupid that they miss out on a few days because it takes a couple of days for the to return-to-me before I can loan-them-back-out again

Fully agree here. Just want to add that the *loads-of-swearing*-DoF should understand that I will never loan out a player if he can't be recalled (in the transfer windows). And I mean never. Not even if they offer a monthly fee of a phantastillion bucks. Or if hell freezes. Or aliens arrive on earth. Or banks become trustworthy.