What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

I would like to have a Blacklist for players I don't want to hear about anymore (by both agents and scouts)

I'm tired of getting the "Agent X is offering Player Y" (who is absolutely rubbish/old) news every other week, nor I want my 18JPA/18JPP scout to keep on raving about the same (old or rubbish) player in his scouting update.

It's a waste of time and space, so what about a "Ignore this player" button along the usual ones?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would like to have a Blacklist for players I don't want to hear about anymore (by both agents and scouts)

I'm tired of getting the "Agent X is offering Player Y" (who is absolutely rubbish/old) news every other week, nor I want my 18JPA/18JPP scout to keep on raving about the same (old or rubbish) player in his scouting update.

It's a waste of time and space, so what about a "Ignore this player" button along the usual ones?

I'd like to do this with clubs too. So tired of the same club offering the same money for a player of mine every single week.

£20m? No, the offer isn't good enough

next week:

£20m? No, still not good enough

following week:

£20m?

I'd like a better youth system (hate how random the the youth day is), and a match engine that is more realistic - there are far, far too many games when the cpu has 1 highlight and scores, and meanwhile I miss chance after chance after chance

Also, I would like more interaction with my assistant manager/coaches to ask about specific things with my team. I would like to ask things like 'why is Player X struggling to score at the moment?' or 'do you have any ideas how we can tighten up the defense a bit?', etc.

I want the tactics editor to stop changing my duties if i have too few defend duties. Eg. RGA - CM(A) BBM is changed to RGA - CM(D) BBM when played with CWBs on both sides, so I have to change it (CM duty) whenever I make a tactical change somewhere else. I want them to play like that, it doesn't concern me if the game doesn't think it is logical.

I want the tactics editor to stop changing my duties if i have too few defend duties. Eg. RGA - CM(A) BBM is changed to RGA - CM(D) BBM when played with CWBs on both sides, so I have to change it (CM duty) whenever I make a tactical change somewhere else. I want them to play like that, it doesn't concern me if the game doesn't think it is logical.

This! It is incredibly annoying.

Am I missing something here :confused:

FM doesn't automatically change any of my duties and never has.

Am I missing something here :confused:

FM doesn't automatically change any of my duties and never has.

Perhaps he means it changes from support to defend if you drag a player into a new position, i'm probably wrong but that's the way i read into it.

The ability to filter out scout reports following the scouting of a specific player from one's inbox.

I enjoy receiving the regular reports from my scout on the region / competition in which they are operating but if I work through the search list of players, potentially arranging for scout reports on say 100+ players, I would like to not have my inbox clogged with the feedback of the scouts. I can simply look on my shortlist to see which of the player suitable / not suitable.

Forwards on attack, as well. Maybe even both WBs, since I tried only with both CWBs.

Changing the duty or role of one of my players doesn't and shouldn't change the role or duty of any other player on the pitch.

I don't know what you've done but it doesn't sound like its working right.

Changing the duty or role of one of my players doesn't and shouldn't change the role or duty of any other player on the pitch.

I don't know what you've done but it doesn't sound like its working right.

I have the same problem. If I play a 3-5-2 as per the screenshot, my CM(a) will change duty. It won't happen right away, and I have no idea if it happens as soon as I press continue, but it happens everytime.

EDIT: If you line up like this in your tactics settings, then change the BtB to CM(d) (will change to CM(s) at first, then change to (d)), the CM(a) will change to CM(d).

aIcuHgV.png

Maybe I don't want balance. I don't care about the result, it is the lack of options that bothers me.

What lack of options :confused:

Its a bug plain & simple, it doesn't happen to me though. Report it in the bugs forum, hopefully SI will be able to identify why you are experiencing it and it will get fixed for FM15.

i have that problem too- i have both CMs set as BWM (S), and if i change my striker's duty from support to attack, the game automatically 'balances' that by changing one of my CMs to BWM(Defend) to compensate.

something else I would like to see implemented in the next version: I would like it if my defenders didn't always try to get the ball, no matter what. I've conceded a fair number of goals where the opposition pump it long to a guy who is yards offside, and my defender sprints back to intercept, but all he does it just give the opposition another chance to build an attack (he either heads it back to them, or controls it and gets tackled, sometimes by the player that was offside just moments before)- if he'd simply left the ball, I would have had a free kick for offside.

When you do a job advertisment, it is removed when one staff is hired, even if 10 spaces. Why not remove advertisment when final staff hired?

I already bought 15, but not from sega store and uncompetitive 10% discount!

This!

So annoying when you still have, let's say, 4 spaces left to fill but the ad is removed when you hire the first one.

Something that makes the button "Continue advert" (or whatever it says) redundant, as it removes it anyway.

It would also be nice if the filters on the job centre screen wouldn't reset itself when you're hired as a new manager at a new club.

That should be my filter. Not the club's filter.

Reason for saying that is that i filter all other countries, apart from the one i'm in, away in order to speed the screen up.

Which makes it a lot smoother when i'm running all leagues.

Same scout, or all scouts even, reporting back with the same 3 players, in my news inbox, for a year is just annoying and feels like a waste.

Would be nice if that could be limited.

I wish and hope for the squad screen custom filters to be a bit better.

Every time i include non-competitive stats they revert to competitive stats. When i go back to non-competitive stats there might be something there or there might be nothing there.

Something that possibly could be a little bug as well, but i don't know.

Speaking of custom screens. If a custom row is a bit too wide it can disappear towards the right (behind the plus sign) with no way of getting it back.

Trying to remove the row that has disappeared an re-add it doesn't help.

Normally happens when there is too much on the screen or a column is too wide.

I would like it if, during a two-legged match, my team and team talks concentrated on the match at hand, and didn't look at the aggregate as to how things are going.

For example, I won the first leg 4-0 in my game, and in the second leg, I was 3-0 down at half time. My team (and assistant) seemed to think we were doing well, as we were winning on aggregate, and I knew that if i had a go at them for their performance, they would be 'confused and angry' due to this.

dont try to make wonders, just improve the current one; need more AI. Full and much tactical orders to be given to players. Back to classic tactics. And; ahh; please this press interviews have no anything special after 5 fixtures. More detailed training.

I'd like to be able to exclude certain players from team talks - this could be done by using something similar to the filters that are used on the squads page

A new half-time talk that could warn players of being benched if their performance doesn't improve or start to drop.

You can criticize a players training level but can't praise them, why?

Only 2 options for my Midfielders to criticize/praise and that is passing and chances made. Why are they there for more defensive midfield players? I don't expect him to be able to make assists, I want him tackling/intercepting and then passing it to my more creative players. I'd like to see something like the "you played well last game, keep it up" or "you were poor last game, I expect to see an improvement" from a few years ago. If you are going to keep the passing/chances options at least add a few more than you can talk about, I'd still like to be able to talk about his whole performance as well.

Import/Save notes, I think this would save a lot of time when people start new saves

e/ I'd like to be able to set my tallest player to mark my oppositions tallest players (or do they do this anyway?)

Better communication from the boardroom. To wit:

I won promotion from the Skrill South to the Skrill Prem with a semi-pro squad. There was no option to talk to the board about turning pro. I even asked in a thread on here at what date the new season kicks in so I could hold off on new deals until I knew what our status would be. With less than a week to go until all the contracts expired, I cave and hand out the new deals. A few days later, the chairman tells me we've turned pro. Great. No-one will sign new deals as they've all just signed a new one. My staff are still all part-time as well, so any new signings on full-time deals will still be getting reduced training.

Would it have hurt the chairman to say in May "Well done on winning the league. The board will be discussing the possibility of turning Pro at the next board meeting on June 25th" or something? Maybe even an additional "but owing to our finances, chances are slim" or "there is a good chance of this happening as our finances can support it".

In fact, the whole end of season updates needs looking at. The club's status should be upgraded when the last ball is kicked, not at the end of June.

Probably mentioned this before...More Media and Transfer interaction, it's by far the most exciting part of football but IMO it doesn't even come close to IRL transfers, I would love more media hype/tapping up/players forcing a move etc etc...

Take So'ton for instance..they had the spine ripped out of them so far this season..all the speculation, the rumors just adds to the fun factor in the game that has seriously been lacking in this version, as said before nothing really happens in the window, the introduction of the deadline day did seem promising, just hope the whole transfer system on 2015 will be a lot more realistic and has a complete overhaul :thup:

I'd like to be able to plan the team training before the players arrive for the new season. I don't understand why this screen shows "Squad end of season break" when the players are due to arrive the next or even the same day. If I as a manager don't plan the preseason training before the training really starts, I'm just not doing my job properly...

I'd also like to get messages when certain criteria are met in training. If I put a player's individual training on "tackling", I want to get a message when his tackling hits 15 (or 10 or 13 or whatever).

Also I'd prefer more regular training updates on all (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) players: "X has trained very well this week." "Y has not put much effort into training this week." Then I can use that as input for team selection. And preferably a view where I can see their effort in training for the last 7 or even last 14 days. Not necessarily the effect of training, but their effort. And also here: When a player meets certain criteria (on a scale from 1-20 he trains at 15 or higher or 10 or lower, I want to get an info so I can talk to the player ("You trained very well this week. Keep it up!" or "You didn't try hard enough this week. Get it up or ...")

And finally: The team training screen needs to show the entire month from the 1st of a month onwards and not just until the 25th.

I'd also like to get messages when certain criteria are met in training. If I put a player's individual training on "tackling", I want to get a message when his tackling hits 15 (or 10 or 13 or whatever).

I really like this suggestion.

A little more detail when you go on vacation and apply to 'bottom division clubs' - either by reputation, nation, team details, etc. Would like to have this on a multi-nation save when I want to either go to a different or specific country, or when I'm trying to get a job at a bigger club.

A little more detail when you go on vacation and apply to 'bottom division clubs' - either by reputation, nation, team details, etc. Would like to have this on a multi-nation save when I want to either go to a different or specific country, or when I'm trying to get a job at a bigger club.

I like this.

And clubs should be able to spontanously approach you in your last half year of contract.

Especially in lower leaugue the 'club doesn't approach me unless I'm clubless' issue is a big problem. Being able to approach a manager to take the job when his contract ends would tackle that problem as no compensation is payed. Players can be approached in FM to join after contract, why not managers? Happens IRL all the time.

Probably been mentioned before but...

Just a small thing but when you hover on the 'i' next to the players name that the info you get includes the players height. It would make it so much easier when setting up Set Pieces and working out which player you want where on corners. Also you are not able to click on a players name on the set piece creator so i find myself having to go in and out three or four times to get it how i want.

I would like more in-depth contract signings. If I give a player a poor contract initially instead of him storming out maybe we could have options to talk to him... "if you get 20 goals this season I will triple your contract." or something.

This has probably been mentioned before, but improved contract negotiations is an absolute must for me.

At the moment, you can only discuss the cash in the contract - you can only bribe a player with more money rather than sell the club to the player.

You should be allowed to have a private chat with a player during contract negotiations to persuade the player with reasons that they should join your club, other than money. If a club is near to a player's home town or previous club, you could persuade them based on that. Think of Craig Bellamy: you'd have thought he could have joined a Premier League club on bigger money when he joined his home town club Cardiff in the Championship. You should be able to persuade them based on you managing them before or a former team-mate being at the club. Sell the system you play to the player; say he'll be a great fit in the type of football you play. Loans could be touted as a way to show yourself off to potential suitors, even if the player wouldn't even consider joining your club on a permanent basis.

When my club, Plymouth Argyle, signed Reuben Reid this summer after his 17-goal loan spell, it was strongly rumoured Portsmouth came in with a substantially higher offer in terms of cash. But Reid chose to sign for us. Why was this? Probably because he was a Westcountry lad who came through our academy, and other than last season has had quite a disappointing career. He was poor to start with at Argyle but Sheridan showed unwavering faith in him and he found success in Sheridan's system. He chose the promises of first-team football close to home under a manager he's worked successfully with before rather than hard cash. This should be able to be replicated in FM.

And short-term contracts are a must for me too.

This has probably been mentioned before, but improved contract negotiations is an absolute must for me.

At the moment, you can only discuss the cash in the contract - you can only bribe a player with more money rather than sell the club to the player.

You should be allowed to have a private chat with a player during contract negotiations to persuade the player with reasons that they should join your club, other than money. If a club is near to a player's home town or previous club, you could persuade them based on that. Think of Craig Bellamy: you'd have thought he could have joined a Premier League club on bigger money when he joined his home town club Cardiff in the Championship. You should be able to persuade them based on you managing them before or a former team-mate being at the club. Sell the system you play to the player; say he'll be a great fit in the type of football you play. Loans could be touted as a way to show yourself off to potential suitors, even if the player wouldn't even consider joining your club on a permanent basis.

When my club, Plymouth Argyle, signed Reuben Reid this summer after his 17-goal loan spell, it was strongly rumoured Portsmouth came in with a substantially higher offer in terms of cash. But Reid chose to sign for us. Why was this? Probably because he was a Westcountry lad who came through our academy, and other than last season has had quite a disappointing career. He was poor to start with at Argyle but Sheridan showed unwavering faith in him and he found success in Sheridan's system. He chose the promises of first-team football close to home under a manager he's worked successfully with before rather than hard cash. This should be able to be replicated in FM.

And short-term contracts are a must for me too.

Great idea

Apologies if it's already been mentioned in the thread, but I would like it if you were able to move a manager to another club (like you can with players in FM14) using the official in-game editor.

Thanks.

I would like to see a better way to track, or keep informed of, the Rules of the particular competition you are in.

i.e. Serie A you can not sign more than 2 Non-EU players a year. There's no indication (or, at least that I'm aware of) that shows you that you have already signed X amount of Non-EU players.

I would like to see a better way to track, or keep informed of, the Rules of the particular competition you are in.

i.e. Serie A you can not sign more than 2 Non-EU players a year. There's no indication (or, at least that I'm aware of) that shows you that you have already signed X amount of Non-EU players.

Isn't this already available when your making an offer for a non eu national? On the right hand side iirc

I'm gonna keep repeating this request until it happens. Let us choose which kits the teams play in. This is no good to anyone:

a0w8s10.png

Lancaster City (blue shirts with a white sleeve, blue shorts, blue socks) vs. Barrow (blue and white hooped shirts with blue backs, white shorts, blue and white socks).

Both clubs have yellow away shirts, Barrow also have a black and white third choice shirt. The game, however, decided this didn't clash.

I really hope they would add a Director of Football or Chairman mode, it would make my day so much, and I would probably only play that mode. I can only dream it will be added in FM 15.

Going to put myself on the line here and say that it won't be in FM15. If it is i will personally pay for your copy of FM15. :thup:

Archived