What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

Being able to have databases from old version's of the game. That would be the best, I often really want to go back and play and old version of the game but its just not as good as the current version. They could make it so that you can only use databases of game you had and SI could sell old databases online to get people to buy ones that they don't have. To me this doesn't seem too complicated particularly for the databases from the last few seasons where all the stats are the same. I'd also love, in the future, for FM to bring out old 'legends' databases that would - eventually - allow you to start off in any seasons from say 1960 onwards. Obviously that would take a long time and I think it'd be great for the future but I'd definitely love to see old databases, even if its just the last four or five years, in FM 13.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would it be possible to show re-arranged matches due to Internationals before offering the option to set player instructions regarding upcoming friendly Internationals? It's getting pretty old restricting players to 45 minutes only to find the club game/s I want my player fit for has/have been postponed to a later date!

I think this is a good idea, although very realistic - That there is an option for your manager to have a son. It would work by creating them as a Regen (obviously) with an option for twins. Their could be a screen start up menu (just like the one when creating a new manager) with options such as names, nationalities etc etc. Could add a great fresh feel into the realism of FM, as in real life it has happened. Would be cool to also choose if he wants to become a wonderkid.

One main benefit this would have is that more people would actually take more care of their youth and actually focus on building a strong, potential title winning team.

I think this is a good idea, although very realistic - That there is an option for your manager to have a son. It would work by creating them as a Regen (obviously) with an option for twins. Their could be a screen start up menu (just like the one when creating a new manager) with options such as names, nationalities etc etc. Could add a great fresh feel into the realism of FM, as in real life it has happened. Would be cool to also choose if he wants to become a wonderkid.

One main benefit this would have is that more people would actually take more care of their youth and actually focus on building a strong, potential title winning team.

There's a 10000:1 chance in each youth intake that your son will appear in your club.

I've just had a thought on something that needs changing, probably been mentioned in the past already.

I'm managing club and international teams, and whilst on England duty it would be nice to be able to rest a tired player for a day between games if we have games say on the 17th and 22nd, but seen as the player is not at my club, i have no interaction with his training during international games.

Suggestion : Allow the user to have control of a players training for national team during call ups only. Makes sense to have this option and wouldn't give any insight into his clubs training schedule.

Surely being able to delegate duties is an essential part of management? After all, your coaches are working under you.

Do you think the reserves or under 18s coaches at Man United don't follow Sir Alex's instructions with regards to player development because he's only managing the first team? If a player is coming back from injury and Wenger tells his reserves coach "I want him to play 45 minutes only", do you think the response is "well Arsene, manage the reserves yourself then"?

Exactly. You want specific players getting match fit, given preference in selection or position yet you can't influence line up.

More information where it's needed.

Example: a player picks up a knock. What I want to know?

1. How he feels with it

2. What kind of possible injury is that

None of that appears to me automatically. For 1 I have to open the motivation window (assuming that I haven't), for 2 I have to go to player profile, then to attributes if they don't open by default, and then i see "has a potential knee injury". I get forced out of the match screen to see information relevant only during the match!

Consistency of information

There's all sorts of stupid mix-ups, from stats being counted in different ways on every screen (like player profile - the apps/goals panel in overview shows different numbers than his history) to records being split into two types, historical time and game time, which leads to stupid news saying that I lost on aggregate for the first time in club's history.

Less useless stuff

We never needed conversation tones. We never needed the code that recognizes when I add, for example, "penis" as a comment during press conferences, and says in the news that I "launched into a stream of expletives". Seriously, who comes up with that stuff in SI? Who approves such waste of time when for years we can't get...

...Sensible match AI

Well, yeah. I could write a book on that. Soon it won't look like football. From senseless head-ons by strikers (never seen anyone do that), full-backs NEVER stretching play (average position of a line-hugging wing back at the same width as that of an inside forward) to purely ******** defenders.

Better national team management, but I guess that's in plans anyway

all in all, just test it properly for once.

Just a bit more intelligence by the AI. If a player gets sent off, they should adapt their game to attack the vulnerable areas, other teams should be 'scouting' you and making a not eof your weaknesses.

I'd like to see some clubs having transfers done from above your head, ie a sporting director. I'm not sure hwo this would be implemented but it could be interesting. For example Graham Carr at Newcastle, conversations could be held in the boardroom screen with your sporting director and the board, discussing whether one of their agreed deals is appropriate. You could argue this player isn't good enough, you can get better, propose this player. Cold be good and is realistic- most clubs now operate this way.

And if a player is sold by the board, the ability to moan about it to them, maybe resign a matyr!

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I would like a feature to see new Stadiums currently being built (their capacity, cost, whose stadium etc...). And when you advance in the game, then you can see the new stadiums that had been built since the start of the game.

This wouldn't improve the game, but I don't think it's hard to do either, a neat feature for some who play a lot of seasons, it would be interesting to see who has built new stadiums...

Separate the news and inbox again. I like to know what is happening in my league, but I don't want it clogging my inbox. This is one of the reasons I prefer FM10 over FM11 and 12.

Allow a way to criticise referees other than in press conferences. So many times I've been wanting to criticise the refereeing for poor, bias games, but haven't had the post-match press conference to do it in... A simple 'comment on referee' button on the ref's profile will do the trick.

Referees have visible attributes.

Putting names behind 'The FA'.

When players come to you because they want first-team football, we need options to say:

1. I told you when you signed you were a backup, be patient

2. The team is playing really well at the moment, you'll have to wait for your chance

Agree with this, also an option for younger players......'you're young, you do have a future at this club, but be patient.'

I get 18 year olds complaining because they aren't playing every week

Separate the news and inbox again. I like to know what is happening in my league, but I don't want it clogging my inbox. This is one of the reasons I prefer FM10 over FM11 and 12.
This, since the news feeds were merged it has become all too easy to miss important messages relating to your team. I've lost count of how many coaches/scouts I've had leave because I missed the news item telling me of an approach among the 40+ news items.

I know it's my own fault but the older system worked better & had an appearance closer to my real life outlook were I have set up rules for emails from defined contacts to be placed in a different sub-folder.

Sorry if this has been mentioned...

conversations with players that you are in negotiations with. For example, as well as offering a contract to the player, you have an informal chat wih him and persuade him using the history of the club or the fans....'you can contribute to our great history'....'or you are the perfect player that our fans adore.' This can then make negotiations less about money, of course this can be affected by the player involved as well. Certain players will be more bothered about these factors than the usual financially motivated players.

I think quite a few players, at least the very best ones, should get stroppy if they're not played in their preferred (not necessarily best) position. I don't think they'd be happy about it irl so...

unless it's already in (haven't played '12 sadly, due to steam)

3 things:

1 - Firstly (and this might need to be posted in a bugs forum I don't know.) Can the managers that international teams appoint be looked at. I holidayed through a few decades and in the 3 years I have played since (2023-2026) England have appointed 2 managers with 0 experience. Not just a poor reputation I mean they have never managed a single game. Surely international managers at top nations (i.e. top 100 probably) have to be among the top of their field.

2 - More options when starting the game. Currently only semi professional to international. Can you not at least add club legend to it? I may have a low reputation but I played for the club for 10 years meaning the fans are more accepting?

3 - A slightly off the wall idea but (slightly linked to point 2). I have just started a career game where I holidayed through about 20 years to create the feeling that I was retired after that many years playing. It occured to me that an option when starting the game might be to determine the level of your playing career i.e. starting out as a teenager at Man Utd's youth or a amateur club. Determining your "potential" i.e. -10 or -2 (which would ensure you either started the manager role as a semi professional, international etc) and the game then essentially creates 20 odd years of game and creating your back story. When you start you might have had a nomadic existance, played at the top for 20 years, won countless trophies or never won a thing etc. I guess you'd have to start then as unemployed but the types of clubs coming knocking would be determined by your standing post playing.

Just thought this might be a more interesting approach for those who like to start the game once all the real players are retired (or close to)

3D Camera Angles

1 - The behind the goal cam - can you please make this dynamic so that its behind whichever goal the action is at. I don't want to watch from the other end of the pitch (I use this for replays)

2 - As many have asked for can we have dug-out cam or at least can you make the touchline cam lower so that its pitch level?

3 - Option to choose a first and second half vantage point as part of manager options - its fairly common for a manager to spend the first half in the stands and the second in the dug-out. Perhaps also make something of it in commentary if you decide to come down to the dug-out during the first half?

4 - In the stands view needs to be dynamic to the type of stadium

Simple things for me, a choice of kit change especially on a long term save when you reach 2025 still in the same kit. Nothing fancy just say a choice of kits

Also back up to the first team to mean just that, ie don't come to my office after 2 months wanting to know why you are not being picked

I would like to see your responses' to the media carry more consequences; supporters have long memories so if you engage in a war of words with a manager at a particular club I think it should follow you and, say, make it much harder to be appointed manager of that club in the future.

Furthering that idea, when playing in a continental tournament you perhaps could be asked about your opinion of another country's football, are you a fan or not? Again if you're rude it could have implications about your getting a job in that country in the future if the opportunity arose, on the other hand it could endear you to the country you're in.

Are presidential elections in the game yet? If not I really hope that they will be in '13, because they can have such a big impact on the club involved, the wider transfer market and the balance of power in the footballing world.

One more thing, if you are successful for a period of time, I really think that a decent number of newgens coming into the game, across the globe if you were successful enough, maybe even years into the future, should have your club as a favoured club, with some of your (now former probably) players featuring as favoured personnel as well as yourself too.

Lots of people are what some call ''glory hunters'', or at the least are inspired by the stars' of the day when they start out playing, so I think it would be great to see that more in the game, so you have '' I grew up idolising player x so it's a dream to play for the same side as he did'' or ''I dreamt of playing for such and such a manager when I used to watch his sides on tv''

Again I think it would really help to add to the feeling that what you do in the game is important and affects the whole game world, not that your success is just forgotten when the season, or your career, ends.

Just to say also, love the change of kit idea above :)

It's been mentioned before (probably in this thread tbh) but tabs would be fantastic. No idea if this is even possible, though you could maybe cap it at a maximum of three and it would obviously make the game run slower. Would be great though if you're doing something else and see a player or a news item you want to view as well.

3D Camera Angles

1 - The behind the goal cam - can you please make this dynamic so that its behind whichever goal the action is at. I don't want to watch from the other end of the pitch (I use this for replays)

You just need to select the 'reverse' option to switch to the other goal.

You just need to select the 'reverse' option to switch to the other goal.

Unfortunately that only switches the goal. If a goal is then scored at the other end from the one you've switched at it still shows the length of the pitch. What I am asking is that the camera is always behind the goal of the action. So no switching to look from one end or the other it simply is behind the goal action whether its your team or the other

1. Dynamic club rivalries

2. Dynamic club tactical identities and manager legacies

3. Smarter squad building and tactical AI

4. AI able to analyse players and change their position and training to suit their attribute spread rather their inappropriate natural positions

5. More varied and dynamic development model to make youth development less linear

6. More in-depth backroom staff and facilities including sports scientists, nutritionists, alternative therapists (yoga etc), tactical data analysts and the juggling of budgets, benefits and problems that come with it all. I've writing a few expanded notes on this idea in another thread - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/301789-Sports-scientists-nutritionists-etc-in-future-FM-s

7. Customisable junior training - the ability to create our own Le Masia-esque academies at the high end, imprinting our own ideologies on our youngest prospects, at high cost of course!

I would like a new PPM "Takes Early Shot"

This should not require a stronger "weaker foot" but rely more on the players Decisions, Agility, Balance, and Technique (maybe Determination also).

As these attributes increase, so the player will be more likely to pull off a quick, short shuffle of the feet or slightly over-reach a pace, to poke the ball past a GK who hasn't quite set himself.

There was a thread on Reddit this morning about the possibility of charting a player's growth from when he joined your club up to the present day. It's an interesting feature and I'd love to see some possibility of it happening. Perhaps on the "Attributes" page, where you have the checkbox to show recent trends in attribute changes, you could have a drop-down to show particular growth over say, the last 6 months, or a year, or you can pull up the exact numbers from when they first joined your side (as a transfer, regen or otherwise) and see the exact progress a player has made over a longer timespan.

I'd like to see no limitations on reserves/youths. What I mean is in the editor the ability to turn all teams reserves/youths on and see them show up the first year. I'm sure some would drop out the second year for financial or other reasons. For example. A English or Scottish pyramid that goes down say nine levels with all teams starting off with reserve/youth teams. Right now I can go into the editor and turn on all the reserve/youth teams for a nine level pyramid, but some of the reserve/youth teams don't so up. I know it's not completely realistic, but just to have the ability to do it would be nice.

I would like a new PPM "Takes Early Shot"

This should not require a stronger "weaker foot" but rely more on the players Decisions, Agility, Balance, and Technique (maybe Determination also).

As these attributes increase, so the player will be more likely to pull off a quick, short shuffle of the feet or slightly over-reach a pace, to poke the ball past a GK who hasn't quite set himself.

On a slightly related note, I think GKs should also have dedicated PPMs.

One I think would be very appropriate, especially in the modern game, is something like 'Kicks/Throws Ball upfield quickly'. Even at lower levels, this is something which is becoming much more common and is a valued trait in a keeper. Crucially, for the purpose of in-game mechanics, the match engine can use a combination of decisions and kicking/throwing to calculate how good the actual attempt is and how well-judged it is.

The behaviour of GKs in the match engine really needs to be overhauled and the range of animations extended. I'm hopeful that the match engine which is being worked on will improve this.

I have found that after using the latest versions of Internet browsers, I keep wanting to open tabs within Football Manager. I think there would be many benefits to this, one in particular would be when searching for players it would allow you to open tabs for each player profile you want to look at as you move through the search.

I've said it before: SI need to tweak the effect of red cards. If anything, a team in FM12 (and in FM11 and in FM10) is more likely to score more goals whenever they get a player sent off. Crazy. I know... They play more offensive since they have noting to lose, but god damn it, teams in real life do not have to play ultra defensive whenever they have a one player avantage on the field.

A way to immediately reject all co-ownership offers, and being able to make that policy clear to your players when you sign them.

Co-ownership is a big stink.

It's not that bad, actually. It's comparable to rent-to-buy housing, where you take a partial equity stake and therefore theoretically the same proportion in risks and rewards.

In some cases, buying might be too expensive or risky, while loaning might be too cheap (i.e. you can't get anyone good on loan) or not risky enough.

Co-ownership suits Italian clubs just fine and I think it's an approach that might work in the UK to reduce transfer fees at lower levels. It's good to get rid of players you can't sell (co-ownerships reduce your losses if you can't move players on) or sign more players than your budget allows (in the same way that a squad of loanees is cheaper than a squad of owned players - co-ownership is in-between).

Thing's I'd like to see

1) Easier contract renewal when I get the years reminder on contracts expiring

2) The J-League. I love J-League football and I get frustrated that I can't play it when I use to be able to in CM

3) Instead of giving me £90 Million transfer budget... clear the £60 Million debt the club has! That frustrates me at times and would make more sense!

Other than that I love this game

I've said it before: SI need to tweak the effect of red cards. If anything, a team in FM12 (and in FM11 and in FM10) is more likely to score more goals whenever they get a player sent off. Crazy. I know... They play more offensive since they have noting to lose, but god damn it, teams in real life do not have to play ultra defensive whenever they have a one player avantage on the field.

I know this is no reasoning but Chelsea against Barca? Lost John Terry and still managed to score two goals. I do completely agree with you that when the opposition lose a player they seem to play better BUT if managed correctly it can give you a massive advantage. I had a discussion with Cleon about it somewhere and since then Ive never lost a game or ended up worse off after losing a player.

On the new features note, Id like to see more advanced options to change a players position. For example for Barca when Abidal and Alves get forward Busquets drops into the backline creating a back three which keeps the defence solid. No matter how much i tweak mentality and player roles/instructions he always pushes forward and I can never get him to drop in. I want him to drop in and PIque and Puyol to push out wider but its impossible with the current tactic creator.

Not slating the current version because I love the game just think it could be a little more advanced :)

Besides the things I've mentioned before in this thread, I would like to see a bunch of new playable leagues in the game. I mean the leagues which have 3 or more reputation stars although. I really miss Saudi Arabian league, Japanesse league, Cypriot league, Bolivian league, or Paraguayan league. I know that there are some additional leagues that i can download, but its not the same as the original ones!

I love FM 2008. In my opinion, it has just the right amount of detail so that playing a season doesn't take an absolute eternity. I realise a lot of people like the new features added to the games since then though.

What I'd really love to see is a game where you can play past seasons with the players from the past, say from the 80s and 90s. I've downloaded databases from different seasons that people have done, but there are always a lot of details that are way off. I played one where Steve Guppy was a defensive midfielder and Chris Bart-Williams was a right winger. I'd love to see past seasons done right, with the right level of research and proper coding by SI to make it work properly.

In nations like Italy, where there is no reserve team league, I would love to have an option of instructing the assistant manager to arrange friendlies for the reserve team during the season, and not just during the preseason. Could be like one every two weeks or thereabout, just enough to at least keep backups from being "Severely lacking in match fitness" when needed. Obviously you can do this yourself, but it would be a very helpful addition.

One thing i'd like to see changed is if an agent gets the huff and cancels negotiations, the game says that 'your club' has cancelled negotiations with the player. But the club hasn't, it's his agent. I'll give him the player the world, but I wont give his agent a penny. That's the issue, so shouldn't it say that the player's agent has cancelled negotiations, not the club?

And shouldn't this also impact upon whether the player keeps his agent or not, shouldn't I be able to speak directly to the player i've been given permission to talk to? Because I would very much make it worth his while to leave his agent, so to turn down a dream move and a lottery winners salary, he'd have to like his agent a WHOLE lot to stay with him on his current pittance i'd have thought!

In fact why shouldn't I be able to make such an offer to any of my players? Leave your agent and i'll make it worth your while to either be without one, or to go to one I approve of? They might refuse, but I think I should be able to offer the idea to them.

I would seriously like Si to either remove or fix the pop up box asking if you want to sub injured players or keep them on . It is totally annoying when you click keep them on only for the game to decide they are too injured to continue and you have to sub them

Better ass man AI . I have yet to see any point to having one

if you ask them to do team talks it is virtually always do it for the fans

After matches and your team has been thrashed where they should have won its almost always tell them they played well

I'd like to see better newgens/regens. As it is now, there are less and less good players the more your save file progresses. Makes playing past the careers of current players kind of pointless. It definitely needs some tweaking in my opinion.

Bad regens should be slightly better. I mean, a lot of the generated youth players generated are so bad a big team wouldn't even consider them as a backup for their youth squads. There should also be a bit more of the really good regens (why: see above).

I'd also like to see scouting and feeder clubs having a slightly bigger impact on what kinds of players you get through your youth intake.

I would also like to see some fixes to player generation. Such as players with second nationalities having names corresponding to the wrong nationality (Bosnians with Swedish names for instance) or players with names that don't match their nationality (players from French overseas territories like Guadeloupe/Martinique having Spanish names in stead of French for instance). Edit: These examples are how it is currently, it should be reversed.

Here's an idea I think should be implemented if its not in already:

I think dynamic team chemistry should be introduced. A successful football team is more than the sum of the player's individual levels. The team chemistry, the relation between the players and the manager and the club can have a strong influence on the team's performance.

Have Team Dynamics, which will pay tribute to what happens off the pitch. How this works is that to be a successful manager, you now also have to keep an eye on the morale within the team and take the problems and concerns of the players seriously.

The decisive factor for the team's performance is the so-called Team Dynamic Score, a figure that tells you how your team is doing, Team Dynamics wise. If you can manage to achieve a high level here, meaning happy players and a great chemistry, the chances of being successful in the oncoming matches are even better. In order to calculate this score, we use various factors such as the players' relation with each other, players' satisfaction or the level of time you take to talk to or interact with your players. If there are a number of friendships in your team, the score will rise. On the contrary, if you never or rarely talk to your players, they feel neglected and the score will most probably fall.

Archived