Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

I'd like more done with duel nationality.

The option to try to persuade players to take up the nationality of the nation they're playing in, in order to get selected for the national team. I guess this would be an option for international rather than club management. At the moment (if they're already EU citizens) the players tend not to see any reason if they're playing in Europe. At the moment (as Scotland manager) I have 2 Italian wingers that are never going to get picked by Italy, but could do a job for us.

maybe this is already there, but I'd also like to see lots of people with second nationality of the bigger populations such as USA or China, especially in those places (such as Germany for Americans and America for Chinese people) where there are a lot of duel nationality people.

To balance that, and again, maybe it's already there, but I'd like duel nationality players to lean heavily towards the country of their birth.

Lastly, a sort of traitor, or Diego Costa, random thing where a player decides to play for his 'adopted' country even though they stand a chance of playing for their birth country.

Basically I'd like this whole side of the game to be more random, because at the moment it's limited, predictable and frustrating.

When managing in Gibraltar, I ended up with an absolute shedload of players coming into the national side as naturalised citizens. Obviously these are players that would not have a hope in hell of playing for their parent nations (mostly the UK based ones, with a few others mixed in) and so pick ours. Once my Lincoln side got a lot better, and we could afford full internationals, it tailed off.

Still though, it definitely happens for certain countries. There's also the matter of the "gentleman's agreement" in your case. I don't imagine it's coded into the game, but under that agreement no home nation will play a naturalised player from outside of the British Isles as far as I'm aware. Plus it might be the fact that those two wingers simply don't want to play for Scotland, because they're Italian.

My eyesight isn't what it used to be and i sometimes struggle to see the ball, any chance of been able to edit the ball colour for future games would be appreciated.

I'd like to see players showing awareness that their contract is coming to an end, with effects such as "Determined to win a new contract" or "nervous about the uncertainty of the future".

Just a simple one for me for now.

The ability to assign the training intensity to all players at once as well as individually.

:thup: Agreed. Would be nice to have.

A change to the way tactic familiarity is done. I still do not understand why it goes all the way down each season even if you don't change anything and don't sign anyone.

A change to the way tactic familiarity is done. I still do not understand why it goes all the way down each season even if you don't change anything and don't sign anyone.

I've seen a few people complain about this bit it doesn't go far down for me. No idea why but i must be doing something right, all be it unknowingly.

My eyesight isn't what it used to be and i sometimes struggle to see the ball, any chance of been able to edit the ball colour for future games would be appreciated.

Not sure of the link but there is a download that makes the ball slightly bigger, looks a lot better.

Foreign Academy

Have the possibility to create academy overseas like Arsenal Academy in Greece. Players of acadamies could join the main club for free.

I just want a better match engine, and a tactical system that allows me to play the football I want. There's some things that troubles me about the match engine.

The away syndrome

I get that I need to use a slightly less attacking tactic in some away games, but I feel disheartened when I don't get beat due to tactical misfit, but because my players can't pass a ball away from home. The rate of silly mistakes that are made under no pressure is at least tripled away from home. How come Modric suddenly can't make a single pass away from home?

Keeper positioning

Seriously, I'm a better keeper than those in the game. It's ridiculous how many times the goalie comes out terribly wrong in a game, just running out in the wrong direction leaving half the goal empty. The goalie anticipation seems to be really bad, like they're not seeing the opposing striker that's gonna connect with the through ball.

Decision making

The decisions of the players are terrible. I'm now very used to seeing my wingers beat their man, advance into the penalty box close to the byline and shoot from a minimal angle, instead of passing the striker, who's unmarked and has an empty net to slot the ball in.

The players are to eager to shoot. Instead of keeping cool, and advance a few meters into a better chance, or trying to beat a man, 9 out of 10 times they will just blast the ball over the bar as soon as they get the opportunity. There's also to many counter attacks that are stopped due to players not realizing that they are 3 against 1, and misses the opportunity to score an easy goal.

One of the worst things is the inability to meet the ball. The first thing you learn after passing in football is to meet the ball, but it's one of the rare things in the match engine. Instead they stand still waiting, while the opponent can stop the pass and get a free chance.

If these things (plus some more I can't think about right now) are fixed, and the player instructions include a "drop deeper" or "help out in the defense ffs" or something like that, then I will buy FM15, no doubt. The rest are just bonus.

How about a bit more depth to the player biographies.

Things like when a player has been appointed captain, the year a player broke a goalscoring record or appearance record etc.

I would really like SI to release a version with as few bugs as possible. If it means taking a year out and just updating the FM14 database with two transfer updates, then so be it.

I feel for the past few years all I have done from November til March is participate in a frustrating beta test.

The game is excellent, the features are brilliant. Some new added features with regards to coaching and set piece instructions (tell players what runs to make etc) would be great.

The only bugbear is the match engine. If the latest FM14 engine is the best you guys think you can do, then don't tinker with it and leave it as it is. There are no discernible exploits etc.

Oh and I know its perhaps programmed into the engine, but late comebacks, goals scored, whilst reflecting real life to an extent, are really becoming tiresome and predictable.

Oh and making it football and not morale based would be great. Feels like Morale Manager 14 at times. Morale is good, you win, if bad, lose.

Just a simple one for me for now.

The ability to assign the training intensity to all players at once as well as individually.

Yeah this is a biggy for me as well.

Minor point but Chinese can't have dual nationality. If you have Chinese nationality then the government will not recognise any other nationality you claim to hold. If you take up another nationality then you have to give up your Chinese nationality. I'm sure it's the same for many other countries. In footballing terms i'd assume they'd still be eligible to play for China through their parents but I think it highly unlikely they'd be selected if they've given up Chinese nationality.

I'm not sure that FIFA state you actually need to have legal citizenship of the country you want to play for, (though there are of course many other regulations). I may be wrong. maybe the legal citizenship aspect is so obvious it doesn't get mentioned much. As far as I know the relevant rule is

a player who plays for a continuous period of over five years after reaching the age of 18 in the territory of the relevant national association, can play for that national association in international football providing that they have not played an official competition match for another national state

I don't know of any instance where somebody has applied for Chinese citizenship in order to obtain some kind of sporting eligibility. The harsh fact is that not many foreign nationals would give up their citizenship to become Chinese citizens. Those that do get a fair amount of abuse hurled at them by their fellow-citizens. At the moment it is far more common for Chinese born sportspeople to represent other countries (chiefly USA), than the other way round. I don't know of any foreign born sportspeople to ever represent china in any sport. I'm sure if Jeremy Lin wanted to become a Chinese citizen, something could be arranged.

Anyway, I accept that the lack of duel nationality for Chinese would make this extremely difficult to know what would happen. As many of you will realise, the Chinese government is very sensitive about the issue of nationality. (not that it would matter as Football Manager can't be sold in China, probably partly due to something nationality based that appeared in the game about 10 years ago).

There's also the matter of the "gentleman's agreement" in your case. I don't imagine it's coded into the game, but under that agreement no home nation will play a naturalised player from outside of the British Isles as far as I'm aware. Plus it might be the fact that those two wingers simply don't want to play for Scotland, because they're Italian.

I didn't know about this. Fair enough. Players without family or education ties to the UK couldn't play for the any of the Home Nations. Obviously I'm far more obsessed with the English born Scots in my game. There's a goalkeeper I'm praying never gets an England cap.

Not sure of the link but there is a download that makes the ball slightly bigger, looks a lot better.
Cheers, i'll try and find it.

Also being able to start a game from a manager already in game, lets say i wanna be Guardiala, Mou, pelligrini or whoever, I can chose him an keep playing on his team.

This, absolutely this. Why would I have to resort to removing Mou from the game using the editor? Why can't I just start as him, his profile, his preferred formation and favorite personnel????? I know loads of people create managers with their own names and that's completely fine, but the option to assume the role of a certain manager, that should have been there three editions back.

And one other thing, though it's been said a fair few times before. We have way too many world class regens. This is something that's gotta stop. How many Messis and Ronaldos do we have in real life?

Also, being able to control the change in team shape in different phases of play is a brilliant suggestion.

And transfers should be more realistic, please. PSG, City they just buy players willy-nilly and chuck them away when they've had their fun.

FM 14's been an absolutely amazing game, but a few more tweaks like these, and maybe we won't need a wishlist anymore. :)

I was chatting to my cousin YIDBIGGY and we are currently in our 6th season. anyway what we love the most is spenidng a few hours finding newgens and seeing if they r dubbed anyone. I thought maybe this could be implimented into the game. Also by choosing your old position you can be a coach in that area for your club.

When you choose your profile if you choose ex international footballer, you can choose your position and type of player for example. M.Droushiotis, Greece, Goalkeeper, Sweeper Keeper.

Then in game you find a young greek keeper, with good rushing out etc and he is dubbed "the Next Michael Droushiotis"

players will go crazy trying to find these types of players.

I want guys to cheer sometimes before a shot goes in, if they know it is; I just had one where the GK was off his line and tackled the ball right into my DM, who chipped it over; it was clearly going in but they didn't start cheering till it was official.

Think SI have done an amazing job in improving the game. I think the ME needs to keep improving as it has loads of potential. I think the current ME needs a ton of work.

I would also like to see changes to the match experience. The lighting in the stadiums is still very 'cheap' and looks very poor tbh. Theres only really one shade of light in night games. Some stadiums should have brighter 'white' lights etc. Even the day matches are sort of dull. All matches look quite dim to be honest. Heaps of work needs to be done in this area, along with the stadiums and crowd configurations. Example, I was managing Greece in the 2014 World Cup, and in my group stage match against Mexico, half the stadium was blue. I mean, common, so unrealistic. I can understand a small patch somewhere , but half the stadium? These smaller things really make a difference to the match experience side of things and really need to be worked on

Also would like to see better graphics, example the goals need to improve(nets, posts,etc).

The most irritating thing for me is press conferences and player interactions. For example, int. management. Every time a player gets injured I have the option of telling him that I am thinking of him. Cool at first, but it gets SO boring and repetitive at times. I thing these repetitive interactions, including press conferences have ruined the fun for me.

I remember playing FM10 and CM4, and playing for hours on end. I have only clocked up 133 hours on FM14 , which is underwhelming. I really hope SI see this and change the game for the better. In saying that, I understand the game needs to evolve, but repetitive same old questions is so boring and a waste of time.

Please SI, hope to see massive changes for FM15. Changes that make a difference and not all these smaller irrelevant changes we dont even get to experience

Ability to turn off the spam of scouting updates. At one point I sacked the chief scout, hoping it would end the torrent, but alas no. Now it's actually a little tempting to sack the whole scouting team, or at least turn them off any work. An obvious huge downside to that as we can't sign any players (with how I play at least), so I'd like this massive annoyance fixed. If I at least could unsubscribe from such news, it would be something, but we can't even do that. Sigh.

Yes,option to turn off the scout updates please. For the record, I have 17 scouts. Sometimes I set it for me to assign them, but usually I let the chief scout handle that. I get at least one report every two or three days. I really don't need the updates. I'll sort through all that information when I'm actively looking to buy players. There is a little less spam if I take over assignments and give all the scouts regional assignments, but there's still quite a bit especially from the scouts assigned to Europe.

Hi, im kitmaker,

can you make possible the overlays in 3d kits? like PES for consoles.

what I talking about?

we could edit the 3d kits in the editor like always, colors, style...

BUT, we added a .PNG imagewith transparency over the kit like this PES example:

http://i.imgur.com/J1jbv4K.png

if you look it, its a PNG image with some elements (logos, sponsors, textures, patterns), and under this overlay the game shows the colors of the editor kits.

You can do it easy if you enable the editor kits colors under the actual 3d kits. http://i.imgur.com/SlRs7gY.png

we can make kits with logos, sponsors but with transparencies.

In FM2014 if you try this, the transparency works, but the colors under the overlay its a generic pink.

you just you would have to enable the editor original colors.

FDeRf3x.png

And please, enable 3d kits for goalkeepers!

Thanks in advance.

How many scouts do you have & what's the frequency of the scouting update messages?

Right now I have 10, as the chief scout got poached. Most of them are scouting various regions in Europe and South America, but 1-2 guys are 'free' to cover individual countries (these only seem to get a report when the scouting is finished, which is better).

Every time I click continue, I am usually met with at least one scouting update. It's quite ridiculous really.

Filtering out all but "Scouting" news messages... it's Jan 3rd now, and I have updates from

Jan 1st

Dec 28th

Dec 27th

Dec 23rd

Dec 23rd

Dec 16th

Dec 15th

Dec 13th

Dec 8th

Dec 8th

This does of course not include player reports or 'next opposition' reports. 10 updates in the last 4 weeks, yeah I'd say that's WAY too much.

This can be solved in different ways for later versions, but one way could be to choose the frequency yourself, like with backroom advice. Once a month from all of them would be plenty.

I'm sure this has been mentioned but I want lower leagues added to the USA! The USL Has an agreement with MLS now, and the NASL I'm sure would love to exposure that would be available from this game.

Also it drives me nuts that players are drafted from the USL instead of colleges. I realize that licensing from the NCAA will never happen, but I feel that is a poor work around for a game that otherwise prides itself of realism. Simply make generic school named clubs from each state feed into the draft. Example - player A was drafted from club "School in Indiana" and player B was drafted from "Private University in California". At least that is a more realistic workaround than drafting players from the teams it does now!

Love to see you make it happen!

Right now I have 10, as the chief scout got poached. Most of them are scouting various regions in Europe and South America, but 1-2 guys are 'free' to cover individual countries (these only seem to get a report when the scouting is finished, which is better).

Every time I click continue, I am usually met with at least one scouting update. It's quite ridiculous really.

Filtering out all but "Scouting" news messages... it's Jan 3rd now, and I have updates from

Jan 1st

Dec 28th

Dec 27th

Dec 23rd

Dec 23rd

Dec 16th

Dec 15th

Dec 13th

Dec 8th

Dec 8th

This does of course not include player reports or 'next opposition' reports. 10 updates in the last 4 weeks, yeah I'd say that's WAY too much.

This can be solved in different ways for later versions, but one way could be to choose the frequency yourself, like with backroom advice. Once a month from all of them would be plenty.

So you've had 10 scouting update messages in a single month based on having 10 scouts out on assignment, I would not put this in the spam category. There is merit in being able to set when & how often you receive your chief scout's update reports.

Maybe get all the scouts to report on the same day, possibly collated into one master report from the chief scout. If you have 10 scouts and you set them to only report once a month you'll still get 10 reports a month.

You could even get the scouts to submit their reports to the head of scouting who would go over the reports and just submit the best 5 prospects from all the scouts for you.

So you've had 10 scouting update messages in a single month based on having 10 scouts out on assignment, I would not put this in the spam category. There is merit in being able to set when & how often you receive your chief scout's update reports.

I strongly disagree with that. There is no need whatsoever to keep spamming us with scouting update messages, whether we have 1 or 10 scouts. A news message about this practically every time I click continue gives an impression of spamming, and quite rightly so. I'd much rather turn off the whole darn thing, as I'll check the lists myself when I want to sign players. At least we can tell the agents to stuff their recommendations where the sun don't shine, and I'd like the same opportunity with this kind of spam. I want important things in my inbox, not the same few names over and over and over and over again.

It should be optional whether to receive the messages then. Maybe, like backroom advice, also the frequency of receiving the messages.

I like receiving messages about the latest happenings in a scouting assignment. Been able to pick up good players because of it.

Getting a proper update once in a while is fine, it's the torrent of messages that gets annoying. I kept looking for an option somewhere in the game to set the frequency of it, or unsubscribe, but it's simply impossible. The only solution is to sack the scouts, and that's hardly a great solution. Let the Chief Scout do something useful, and collect all the best recent finds and report about it with the frequency the user wants, like for backroom advice.

Edit: Looks like the previous check I did was low. Checked again now and there are 17 updates in the last four weeks. Yuck.

I strongly disagree with that. There is no need whatsoever to keep spamming us with scouting update messages, whether we have 1 or 10 scouts. A news message about this practically every time I click continue gives an impression of spamming, and quite rightly so. I'd much rather turn off the whole darn thing, as I'll check the lists myself when I want to sign players. At least we can tell the agents to stuff their recommendations where the sun don't shine, and I'd like the same opportunity with this kind of spam. I want important things in my inbox, not the same few names over and over and over and over again.
Surely you're being a tad hyperbolic, your own dates show a mean average of once every 3 days (10 scouts/30 days) & there was a week where no updates were given.

As I said there is merit in having more control in how the information is presented & it is definitely worth considering for future versions.

I'm not being hyperbolic at all. A scouting update every 2 days is way too often (and it would be even worse with more scouts), and it is annoying when your inbox gets spammed with (to me at least) pointless updates. It's a nice feature, but drop a carton of pepper in the soup, and it's a bit too much.

there is merit in having more control in how the information is presented & it is definitely worth considering for future versions.

+1 for this, it annoys me too if I'm honest. In general too, not just scouting. For example getting continual updates on reserve and youth teams is something I would like the option of curbing.

I think even more can be done to enhance the scouting feature in the game. It's a feature where there's possible to give us plenty of options. Personally I would have prefered to get a message from my chief scout once a month where he compiled a summary from all the scouts. But I also understand that some people want to have the more extensive coverage too.

When assigning scouts there's plenty to be done. I'd like to be able to send a scout to several individual countries and then tell him to rotate (roam) between those assignments until I say it's enough. As it is now I can indeed send him to several individual countries, but when he's done with it once he won't continue until I actively re-sends him. And the region-feature doesn't work at all in FM14 so that' not an option. I want my scouts to scout more thna just the top nations but I want it to be done automatically and not something that I have to work with every month.

So basically I'd like to send my scout to England looking for under-21 players, Spain to look for under-23 players and then Algeria looking for under-20 players and then click a button telling the scout to roam between these three assignments indefinitely.

How come there isn't any info about fm15? Isn't there normally details about it by now or are si waiting until after the world cup?

It is way too early to be getting FM15 info. We're probably still 6-8 weeks away.

I'd like to be able to send a scout to several individual countries and then tell him to rotate (roam) between those assignments until I say it's enough. As it is now I can indeed send him to several individual countries, but when he's done with it once he won't continue until I actively re-sends him

I'd love this too, and have said so in the proper channels. About 5 years ago, 4 years ago, and 3 years ago. No luck though :(

PLEASE please please can you add in away attendance's. It always bugs me that I don't know how many fans I've taken to a certain game when playing away. It can't be too much of a big thing to implement.. I know it's only a small point in the context of the game but its the little things that make it realistic! Maybe like list attendance's like 4509(away 400) just to show how many fans have gone to the game.

What I want from a wish list is a match engine that has some common freaking sense for once. I'm finally sick enough of 2014's I've come to bitch to the devs, but I don't bitch mindlessly. Year after year I've seen the same bugs over and over, but 2014 has got FAR FAR worse then they were in the past.

Defensive positioning is still absolutely pathetic and mindless.

Its always been absolutely rediculous how differently my team looks when playing a lower class opponent then a top notch opponent. Why dones my team suddenly not know how to pass or my keeper know how to stop a very slow long shot that bounces literally right next to him and he makes no move to stop. While playing equal or lower teams they don't put a foot wrong. For once make the better teams actually play better instead of my team playing worse.

For god sake REVAMP THE INJURY SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Playing the Portugese second division with one weak physio I had almost no injuries. I got the team promoted and hired 2 additional physio's with better attributes and now my senior and youth players are getting injured on a regular basis. So try to get rid of some of the lame randomness. But worse then that, why the hell can't a player with a sprained wrist play?!?!?!, it's f'ing moronic how simplistic the injury system is when you guys keep putting more and more work into the idiotic media interactions.

Those are just the big over arching issues, there are plenty of little ones, most likely all do to poor graphics representation, but along those lines. The animations in 2014 are just terrible.

I'm been a loyal player for a few years now but I'm fed up with the lack of attention to existing issues and 2014 is easily the most annoying of them.

Oh yeah forgot the management AI has gotten worse and in a way that starting unemployed is almost impossible, even the lowest level teams won't hire you. Even when I exceeded expectations for my first club I get laughed at when I apply for a team only slightly higher then my current one. And here is a stupid bug, with 3-4 weeks left in the season after already wrapping up the the league win and promotion I asked the management for a new contract, they say no, I leak the story ( just to try it out), board asks why and I say because I exceeded expectations, board doesn't care and fires me... lol WTF?! I reloaded and of course got a new contract at the end of the season without asking for it.

Come on SI, you are going downhill, so I'm not wasting my money any more until it turns around.

Either a wiki type site or something built into the game so I don't have to constantly scour the internet looking for the answers I need.

Also really needs a selection menu when you start the game that toggles game options and sliders as well.

The first thing I would do is turn off team talks and press conferences.

Then I would turn the injury slider to about 50%.

Also really needs a selection menu when you start the game that toggles game options and sliders as well.

The first thing I would do is turn off team talks and press conferences.

Then I would turn the injury slider to about 50%.

Have you tried FMC?

Have you tried FMC?
I was going to but I didn't like that you could only pick 3 countries.

I was going to but I didn't like that you could only pick 3 countries.
FM14 lets you remove the 3 nation limit when creating a new game.

FM14 lets you remove the 3 nation limit when creating a new game.
Lol. I just went to check it out and noticed the box at the bottom. My bad. I'll give it a quick spin.

I don't know if this was suggested already but how about a value graph? Would really love that, to be honest. Only a small thing but would be very interested to see how values of players go up. :)

I would love to see the player comparison feature extended. Perhaps something similar to the comparison matrix on the Squawka website. http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix

Currently it is difficult to directly compare a set of players that contains both your own and other players.

I would also like something similar to the WhoScored Team characteristics section: http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/26

There is a section that displays each team's strengths, weaknesses and style. This summary is very insightful and could be a great asset in FM.

Whilst some of this information is presented is scout reports, the team summary, goals report and tactics report it could be beneficial to summarize it in a format such as the bullet point style in the website above.

Can we please have the following option when a player comes to you about a lackof first team football

'The current starting 11 are playing exceptionally well right now and I cannot justify dropping any of them. I will seriously consider you when a chance arises'

Something along those lines

Can we please have the following option when a player comes to you about a lackof first team football

'The current starting 11 are playing exceptionally well right now and I cannot justify dropping any of them. I will seriously consider you when a chance arises'

+1 Would make a lot of sense

Another option that would be nice is "Don't let the door hit you on your way out."

This has probably already been said, but I'm not going to scroll through and check!

I would really like to be able to, when negotiating a sale of one of my players, to be able to add a clause making the transfer reliant on me being able to sign a replacement in time. You often see on deadline day clubs not releasing a player until they've got someone in.

This is where someone tells me that feature already exists?

It would be good though. Please.