What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

I would like to see players with pulled muscles be the forced substitutions instead of those with Bruised heads. why is that anyway?

player is injured... but can carry on - pulled Muscle out for weeks

Player is injured... bring him off - Bruised head.... its Fellaini... he doesnt get bruised heads with his mop.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would like to see a way where you can pool your favorite staff together so that you very easily can hire them/bring them with you when you go to a new club. For instance, you take over Man Utd when LvG inevitably is sacked and you'll be asked by the United chairman if you want to bring in your own guys. One could also choose to keep Kluivert but remove and replace staff X and Y with your guys. Doesn't have to be 15 coaches, but some key people like assistant manager, GK coach and fitness. Something like that would be nice.

Also it would be more realistic if former players talk about you when you are hired at a new club. Like now with van Gaal we have seen about 50 different players being asked what to expect from LvG etc. Some players, like Geovanni would call you a Nazi and some would speak very highly of you. During your average FM career you are bound to fall out with some players and others will love you.

I'd like to see even more around setting up friendlies.

I like the idea of setting up more multiple friendlies, but am curious as to why you limited to four.

I'd like to see that dramatically increased along with the option of asking your Assistant/U19/21 manager to select the teams to play against. You could follow a theme..... set up 5 matches all against equal quality, set up another 5 against very weak quality and just hit the button.

Having to manaual choose each individual team is more like "Outlook Manager" than Football manager.

AND MAKE BRAVERY&AGGRESSION TRAINABLE. If you can train leadership, you should be able to train these too.

This is very interesting, however I'm not sure I'd make it trainable but more transferable (tutoring) or something acheived through focused training and one on one coaching....... almost PPM type stuff, if that makes sense.

"Coach Smith, I'd like you to work with Billy Bunting and improve his courage on the field. He needs to be more comfortable in getting stuck in"...... or other such words that imply "make him braver".

And many more tactical instructions, so we could have more control over tactics, like in previous versions (other than FM14, which I consider to be quite unsatisfying).

What specifically do you feel is missing from prior versions that you can't enact via the new interface?

I'm all for more tactical options, but I'm interested to hear what "new" options people want.

1. a. AI 4231. I'm happy that after years of saying the same, the tactics forum has adopted the MR/L approach instead of AMR/L. (4411 without ball, 4231 with ball; like it's most often in real life.)

However, the AI should now follow suit.

b. Asymmetricity. I'd like to see the AI being able to use, intelligently, asymmetric formations. Think about Mourinho's Real Madrid. There would be a AML Ronaldo and MR Di Maria. That's crucial help from Di Maria in defense while keeping that direct counter attack threat from Ronaldo.

Also think about Ancelotti Real. Benzema playing centrally at SC with Ronaldo working the left channel at SCL. ML Di Maria working a hybrid wide-central role and Bale given space on the right flank to attack.

This kind of asymmetricity is something that I as a human can take advantage of. My personal favorite is offsetting the AMC to AMCL/R. The AI doesn't have this tool, but it should.

c. Roles. I think we need a few lateral roles. To MR/ML there's a lack of inverted winger or interiore. You can use PI's, but I doubt the AI can. To AMC there's a lack of a so called central winger, who starts in the middle, but pulls to wide areas to influence play. Trequartista does this to some extent, central winger would be to trequartista what attacking midfielder is to enganche.

d. AMR/L and FR/L behaviour. A good option would be to change the defensive behavior of wide forwards. Make them track back further when the ball is on their side, let them stay more advanced when their flank isn't under threat. Make them fall back when the central midfield is out of shape. Essentially, make them defensively more responsible, but a little reluctant.

Then keep the current behaviour (maybe with even a little less interest in defending) for FR/L.

2. Regular strategies. Now that the 1.a. has been commonly accepted, my next pet peeve is the fact that people use a staggering amount of Team Instructions. It seems to me that many people have a style of play in mind and they then select every instruction that relates to that style in any way. They will choose to use shorter passing, retain possession, work ball into box and play out of defense. Or they will look for overlaps, exploit flanks, play wider, clear to flanks.

I think that the problem is that when you choose an attack strategy, for example, your style is somewhat intangible. Using attacking strategy doesn't have any team instructions that you can see. They are largely hidden, but you could argue that there's quite a few if you'd define it by using them: higher tempo, play out of defense, hassle opponents, push higher, play wider etc. Right now human players are adding all of those instructions on top of attacking strategy and that creates a somewhat extreme setup.

It would be good if it would be more immediately obvious what kind of things are incorporated in each of the strategies; the description is just not enough.

One way to do this: Lock some Team instructions in place for the strategy, similar to Player instructions, and add more extreme options beside the locked options. For example, lock play wider and add option play even wider (while keeping play narrower as an option).

Another option would be to reduce the strategy to mentality and let the user define what instructions and passing patterns to use with that.

This would be nice for the AI too: Pep changing to defending strategy would mean something entirely different to Big Sam doing the same.

You'd have to consider carefully how to do this, otherwise it may be a step backwards rather than a step forward.

There's a couple of things I'd like sorting in the next FM;

1. Interacting with Media/Players

It's really annoying that you can't fully express yourself in the game. Since a lot of the game is based on player morale and keeping players happy enough to keep up consistent runs of good form, I'd like a lot more diverse options in talking to players.

When they come to me and complain that they aren't getting enough first team games, I want to tell them it's because they've had 2 league appearances and conceded 5 goals, or they're not proving themselves enough in training to warrant a first team place.

It's very hit and miss with the limited options you do get, most of which requires you to concede to their demands otherwise they have an abysmal morale and just want to leave the club.

With media, I want to talk about specifics. I want the options to raise up disallowed goals and say it was utter b*llcks, whether I get reprimanded or not is irrelevant. For every press conference I don't even bother reading what the journalist says... I just click either of the top two options, and press on, or ignore all of it and just send the assistant. The game is supposed to be played over multiple seasons, so requires replayability. Currently in the interaction options, it's just the same old crap, different virtual day.

I want to see interactive options that are based on your managerial methods. When you're assertive, you shouldn't be getting undermined by a whiny kid that wants to be earning more money than he's worth...

2. Human player-ratings

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking this, but the rating system is crap. Far too often I'll be watching a match and see the same player squander possession, shoot miles wide, and give away unnecessary fouls, and yet he'll come out of the match as one of the most higher rated players... Either the AI is seeing something totally different, the 3D game is way out of sync and isn't showing what's actually happening, or I'm just blind to see how football actually works...

I'd far prefer a small list in the top left corner that shows my 11 active players on the pitch, each with their own adjustable rating meter that allows me to increase in 0.05 increments a players rating based on what I'm looking at. If I think a player is getting into good positions (whether the other players see it or not) I'll put him up +0.05 on his rating. If I see a player give a key pass that leads to a goal, I'll plus on another +0.10 rating.

If a player kicks the ball out of play when there's multiple options available, I'll take off -0.10 off his rating...

It seems the values of players are often determined by their form, and their form is based on their ratings in games. Why is it AI managers determine their players ratings, and the AI calculates every other player rating but takes no input from yourself?

Granted, I understand this could be easily exploited by simply marking players as 10.00 through every game however I'd rather this option be enabled just for the pre-game selection use where I can analyse what players I've rated in the last 5 games, or over the last season rather than just assume my players have performed admirably because my assistant manager tells me so.

This rating system could also be a foundation in which you can introduce new discussions with your players (back to point 1); your player could ask why he was rated 4.65 in the last game, and you can list the reasons why so he knows what he needs to improve on. Likewise, if you rated a player 9.80, you can compliment the players and ask for more of the same (specifically).

3. 3D Matches

I honestly have no idea why fixed views are in this game... fair enough, it's great to follow the football, but as far as I know there's no option to be able to hold down a button and look around the pitch to make sure everyone is in the positions they should be in. To me, this is an absolute must.

Further to 3D matches, when you left click a player it displays their names; Can we have an option that always shows the names, or when we left click, it displays names of all players in a small radius? It annoys me when I'm trying to find out who just cocked up immensely by clicking (and must've been missing the player by a fraction of a micrometer(one thousandth of a millimetre)) for the game to move onto the next extended highlight, without me knowing.

3.1 - A better graphical front end. Granted this is a very CPU heavy simulation game, but isn't it possible to make the 3D game view a lot better?

4. Transfers

Made a thread already, everyone already agrees; transfers need fixing. Costing, behaviour, AI interaction... it needs an overhaul.

5. Universal ratings and Scouting

It's unbelievably annoying signing a player in the lower leagues that has a 5* rating, and you think you're investing heavily in the future and then find out two seasons later he's now a 1* max that's worth nothing more than a sack of spuds... Please include a universal rating system. If you haven't done this out of making the game too easy to locate good players; amend the scouting so that if you just attain a scout report it only shows a few attributes. You should be made to continuously scout players to find out their current ability... I don't think it's at all possible to find out exactly how good a player is by just watching them in 3 games. They could be on a very poor run of form, yet could be world class in three years time?

I'd prefer it if all players you haven't witnessed (or your scouts and staff haven't witnessed, or aren't in televised games) have absolutely no listed attributes so your scouts are put more to use. I literally just have them scouting the central Europe, and south America and I can pool in enough talent based on that alone. Yet I have 27 slots available for scouts, and I need about 6 total...

6. Team Meetings

This one is extra... Team meetings absolutely blow. I highly doubt a manager would only talk to his players once every month and say three sentences (if that). It annoys me greatly that when my team loses 4-0 to the worst side in the league, after having score draws the previous two matches to equally poor teams, after an eight match win streak, and the players turn around and say "Not in poor form" so have absolutely no interaction to when I say they're playing like crap.

Not to mention if they respond like arseholes I want to bollock them for having negative attitudes.

Team meeting option either needs to improve drastically, or get cut from the game.

------------

There's obviously a lot more than that, but these are top of my list personally for what I want to see in future FM games.

I have returned to FM after 5 years, and I find FM14 to be an exceptional piece of work. To me, the training module and the man management module (talk to players etc) are particular highlights. But let's get down to business with some constructive criticism and wishes:

Training

Did I mention that I am impressed by the training module? Anyway, here are a couple of points that might make it even better:

1) Player Workload Bar

How much does each training part burden the player? We do have an "overall workload" specification for each player and a percentage for each part, but still it is tedious to understand how much he is loaded by each. Also, a lot of gamers are confused by how team training and individual training stack with each other.

The following would be total perfection:

- a workload bar for each player.

- The workload bar starts filling up with the obligations of general training. Then the color changes and it continues filling up with his individual focus load. Then the color changes again and it continues filling up with his position training load (if any). Then the color changes one last time and the bar continues filling up with ppm training. Next to the bar it should be explicitly mentioned what part/color of the bar corresponds to what training.

- The workload bar should have axis ticks that specify where light, medium, heavy and very heavy training is at.

- Generally, the bar should not be completely filled unless team training is very high fitness, individual focus is heavy, new positions is trained and ppm is trained.

2) Full time/Part time training confusion

More feedback should be given to the gamer on how his part-time players and coaches behave in full-time clubs. My club just went pro and now I have both full time and part time contracts (both for players and coaches). I have no idea who trains when, as I am not given any feedback.

Senior/U21/U18 Squads Management

3) Senior/U21/U18 Availability Confusion

Imho, the most unnecessarily complicated part of the game is figuring out what player is available in what squad. All I get is a "RSV" icon next to the player, but it does not tell you for which squad he has been made available and for how long. I try to manage my players' conditioning and match fitness very carefully, so this lack of immediate information is extremely annoying and time consuming. I would like to have big fat icons next to the player that specify exactly all this information. These icons should have their own position so that they do not overlap with the "Wanted" "Ctr" "Yth" etc icons.

4) U18 Squad players transferred to Senior squad bug

When I make an U18 player available to the U21 squad (or when I pick him for my senior team) he is automatically transferred to the senior squad after the match. This is probably a bug. I did not want to move him to the Senior Squad, I just wanted to make him available for one U21 match. The same annoying thing happens when I make the U18 player unavailable for U18 squad (to protect his conditioning), he is again transferred automatically to the Senior squad. Please, stop this from happening -it does not make any sense.

5) U21/U18 head coaches do not play the players I want them to play.

They do not play them in the positions I want either. The main goal of those teams is to prepare players for the Senior Squad, so I should be able to have more say on who plays and where.

Personalities

6) The Pressure attribute is under-represented in personality descriptions and Media Handling styles. I am hoping for new/more personality types that depend on this attribute.

KUTGW

A track back or stay forward option needs to be added to the player instructions. I find it amazing that after all these years any formation that has players in the AM strata will generally still see (if you play a striker) up to four players just standing around up top whilst the opposition attacks! And I don't accept the workaround of "man mark the opposition full backs" Tracking back and man marking are two entirely different things. The best teams IRL move as a unit and so we should have the option to allow your team to do that no matter what formation you play. Jockeying should also be added as I would argue that it is somewhere between hassle and an opponent and stand off. At the same time the stay forward option should be there for individuals and again I am not talking about roles as I know some roles will track more than others, but real life wingers can make an effort to get back IRL without losing any of their attacking threat.

Along with this there needs to be a massive change in familiarity with a position in the case of the AML-R strata and ML-R strata. In my game Downing and Jarvis have poor stars at ML / MR but high stars at AML / AMR yet they shouldn't have for the sake of a few feet on a football pitch. I can understand it to an extent at CM and AM as central midfield and attacking midfield are two totally different positions but wingers can be just as potent in the CM strata as they are in the AM strata and a players familiarity should show that. A tracking back option would also help out massively with central midfielders because any shape currently with no DM is very difficult to get right because of the poor defensive behaviour of a CM in the CM strata.

I love the new suggestions, and would like those in the game..

Mine are these:

1. I want to be able to talk or communicate to my players DURING the game and not just before, at halftime or at the end.. If a player is unusually doing poorly, i as a manager should be able to reprimand him right when the game is ungoing and not have to wait till half or full time to do that. SAF was just shouting at rooney on a highlight reel i watched when the game was stopped for an injury.. it's how it's supposed to be and football managers (especially the hands-on ones) like Simeone always are shouting DURING the game.

2. The past 3 editions going back to FM12 have been this light white skin (as default). I loved FM11 and FM9 but i really loved their no-nonsense dark straight-lined modern skin. As FM15 is an odd year, do away with the bright light white skin and give us, as the default, a dark cool one. And just improve the usual "things" including the minor ones, that can be done and add more

3. Pat yourselves on the back for a job well done for FM14. I couldn't get into FM 13 and didnt play it much at all. I absolutely loved FM 07 and 12 but i think i've enjoyed FM 14 best.... keep it up and looking forward to more improvements on this in FM 15

Cheers(:

Oh and forgot!!

After all these years we need more positions available on the tactics screen.

For instance there needs to be narrower ML/MR or wider CML/CMR (depending on how you look at it) options for a Diamond because right now the only options are for a narrow diamond or a very wide diamond.

Other options should be slightly deeper/more offensive central midfielders, defenders and attackers rather than the extreme of going from CM to DM or CB to Sweeper. Yes I know you can adjust these by roles and duties but I still find without the option of extra starting positions that a CM doesn't drop deep enough or track back enough as a normal CM as an example/

Apologies if this has already been posted, I don't have time to read through this entire thread. I would love to see varied goal nets, different colors, different styles etc. The most beautiful thing in football is scoring a goal, I would love to see varied types of goal nets, this would make the match engine so much better. Would also like to see a lot more job offers, I've been very successful and only ever had one job offer.

Bare in mind this won't be popular with every FFM but from the people I have already ran the idea past they have all agreed it would be an excellent addition to the game, therefore have the option to switch this on or off before you load the game.

In real life the board/directors are having more say in what happens to a football club. I propose that the board are able to impose rules/stipulations that need to be followed otherwise it will result in a change in management.

For example.

Take Newcastle United.

A strict transfer policy should be in place, only allowing the manager to sign players within the transfer policy age bracket (no older than 26)

The board will put a stop to any big budget signings or limit this to one a season

The board want the club to run at a profit so tight restrictions are on wage budgets.

And the board will step in and sell players over the head of the manager in big money comes in.

And follow the policy of no interest in cup competitions or finishing in Europe (obviously it would be classed as a bonus if either of these happens)

Now take Chelsea

The major focus for success is judged on champions league

Club wants the best talent of players

Abramovic will (now and again) sign a player and demand that he is played in say 70% of matches.

Real Madrid

Have success and your managerial reign based on either winning the league or the champions league

Have votes that change presidents and this would Ultimately determine transfer policy etc.

PSG

No limits

Spend what you want

Obviously I could go on and on but I hope you get what I mean by board room interaction.

Feel free to reply/expand on the idea.

May have been mentioned before but in the player search list I would like to be able to select one player and view say his history and using the up and down arrows beside his name be able to scroll through all the other players in the search window. At present this will show other players in the same squad but it would be a cool little touch if this was expanded for searches etc

There's a couple of things I'd like sorting in the next FM;

2. Human player-ratings

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking this, but the rating system is crap. Far too often I'll be watching a match and see the same player squander possession, shoot miles wide, and give away unnecessary fouls, and yet he'll come out of the match as one of the most higher rated players... Either the AI is seeing something totally different, the 3D game is way out of sync and isn't showing what's actually happening, or I'm just blind to see how football actually works...

I'd far prefer a small list in the top left corner that shows my 11 active players on the pitch, each with their own adjustable rating meter that allows me to increase in 0.05 increments a players rating based on what I'm looking at. If I think a player is getting into good positions (whether the other players see it or not) I'll put him up +0.05 on his rating. If I see a player give a key pass that leads to a goal, I'll plus on another +0.10 rating.

If a player kicks the ball out of play when there's multiple options available, I'll take off -0.10 off his rating...

It seems the values of players are often determined by their form, and their form is based on their ratings in games. Why is it AI managers determine their players ratings, and the AI calculates every other player rating but takes no input from yourself?

Granted, I understand this could be easily exploited by simply marking players as 10.00 through every game however I'd rather this option be enabled just for the pre-game selection use where I can analyse what players I've rated in the last 5 games, or over the last season rather than just assume my players have performed admirably because my assistant manager tells me so.

This rating system could also be a foundation in which you can introduce new discussions with your players (back to point 1); your player could ask why he was rated 4.65 in the last game, and you can list the reasons why so he knows what he needs to improve on. Likewise, if you rated a player 9.80, you can compliment the players and ask for more of the same (specifically).

Stupid idea. Would never work

I think this would probably be quite difficult to program, but I'd like to see an option where you can replay part of a game and tell a player where he should've run or passed the ball. Especially in situations where a player shoots from a difficult angle when there was another player in a better position.

I'd also like to see my Reserve/U19s managers setup more friendlies. There seems to be quite a few times when they don't have league games. I have to keep going in setting up friendlies for them.

I think it would be great to be offered jobs abroad from different countries at the end of each season. This would open new leagues and make it more realistic.......I think sensible world of soccer used to have a feature like this!

Hopefully this could be worked without having the league running in the background???

*At the start get a choice of personality types which can shape players/board/fan perception of the manager.

*Kit editing, perhaps tied in with merchandise income (increasing if the fans like the kit you've chosen/designed).

*Press interviews. More than just the usual 2 or 3 questions. Opt to have a long chat with a reporter which can influence what your board, players and fans think of you.

*Fan feedback. It would be great to be able to see twitter-like comments about how you're doing. See the results of fan polls.

*More unexpected random events. Clubs going into administration. Players going AWOL. Floodlight failures. Postponements. Player strikes over unpaid wages. Really bad weather (in countries that get it). Players doing pressers and saying nice or bad things about you. Players not getting on. Fan protests. Players retiring early.

I think the game is brilliant, the technical side is superb but the personal aspects that managers must endure is lacking.

Please SI put a note on the scout report that say if they player is eu or not (obviously only for non-eu players). I don't think i'm the only one that make my scouts brasilians/etc... players and it's a pain to check every one of them to see if there is a player that is elegible as eu (due to second nationality).

Someone suggested in the T&T forum that tutoring is too important in the game. While I don't agree 100%, I think he has a point in that player Personalities are more or less static in FM, as nothing else will affect them too much except for tutoring. (I know that you can have situational +-1 changes in the personality attributes, but they are very rare)

A cool idea would therefore be: Dynamic Personalities.

Here is the way I imagine this: every personality attribute will have a 15% probability to change +1 and 15% probability to change -1 once a year. This will model the natural or situational changes that happen to our personalities during our lives. The player's birthday may be a good date for the change calculation.

A balancing problem may come up with personality attributes that are 1 or 20, especially for players that have too great (all 20s) or too atrocious (all 1s) personalities. These can only increase or decrease, respectively. In these cases, the change probability will be reduced. E.g., a player with an Ambition of 20, will only see a 5% probability of change on this attribute. Hopefully this will be small enough so that we don't get too huge a regression towards the mean.

Such a feature also has a lot of potential for the future. We can have the team personality, head coach personality, key players (and captains) personality and coaches personality rubbing off to players gradually with some small probability. E.g. having a captain who is Very Ambitious will lead to an increased probability of an increase in Ambition (say 17% instead of 15%). But let's start with baby steps.

Dear SI Games,

First, I would like to thank you for an excellent game. Football Manager franchise is one of the few games that has been able to stand the test of time, remain active and re-invent it constantly in a year-to-year -process.

Building fan base

My suggestion is about finances. Personally, I like the financial side of the game. I feel that getting a real success involves optimising the financial performance of your team. Unfortunately this is not incentivized properly.

First, we as a manager need to understand our income sources, namely the fans and advertises, better. This means that there should be better facilities to monitor the teams fan base. Second, the manager should be able to affect this by, for example

* Setting up friendly matches in key locations attracting foreign fans

* Building an extensive youth development system and a local network of feeder clubs creating local fan community around the team

* Directing resources to marketing with such efforts such us: Maintaining team web pages, buying advertising campaigns, etc.

All this would enable the manager to put the extra income, generated by proper frugality, in good use.

Financial visibility

Of course frugality requires good visibility to expenses. I would really like to see better facilities for financial reporting.

Custom reports

One of my main beefs, is data tables (e.g. all the tables with attribute values such as player attributes like dribbling or strength). I would like to be able to edit them easier and customise them further.

First, the user interface for editing tables is tedious. When creating a custom view, all the attributes are in one big list that is annoying to navigate (putting them even on a tree would help). I think you need to rethink the whole table paradigm from scratch starting from an idea that the user would like to dive in the data head first. Also, make the custom tables easier to access.

Second, the custom tables should be able to have editable fields. I mean, for example, why not have a custom field for the team status so that the user can create a view, where he can edit team status on a player per player drop down menu.

Third, and this is the most important thing, add formulas. I would like to have a custom custom field. by this I mean a field that I can personally define. For example, I could create a field called "physicality" which would be "2*strength + agility".

I'd like if it if I could send my well wishes to an injured player on my squad. You can do it as a National team manager so not sure why you can't as a club manager. Palacio just got a 9month injury in pre season, I'd like to least make some sort of comment to him about it. Rather than shoving him in the reserves like I usually do.

Well for me the thing that need to improve most is pressing(closing down),and the shape without the ball,i would like for example with the ball we play 4-2-3-1,without the ball the AMC and the CF stay together and makes it a 4-4-2.

Pressing need improvement,for example pressing immediatly after you loose the ball like in IRL,to createGegenpressing actions during the match.

Set-Piece need improvement too,i would like to add in corners Near or Far zone markers,for example not marking the post but marking the zone of the near or the far post.

Maybe would be good to add specific markers during corners/free-kicks before every game,for example my player marks the number 5 of the opponent etc...

Would be fantastic too if,for example i start as a Barca B coach,after 2-3 years i get the Barcelona first team job like in IRL,but this thing is not possible in current fm14.

Give Belgian team Beerschot-Wilrijk (next year 4th Division) the highest reputation of al 3rd and 4th division teams because it's my favorite football club BUT you can compare it with the Glasgow Rangers:

1) rich in history,

2) a lot of fans ( last season in 5th division they had an average attendance of +/- 7500 , 5700 season ticket holders, sold out a couple of times (12000 fans) => Only 5 ! (the leading) clubs in the Belgian 1st division have a higher average attendance (but that doesn't mean they have a better atmosphere on their homeground)

3) ambience

4) Even we had our financial problems ( season 2012/2013 bankrupt , € 23.000.000 debt and kicked out of the Belgians highest division right into the 5th division)

5) hopefully my request will be granted ;)

More realism when applying for jobs

if you are doing well in the lower leagues..teams in the divison above who are struggling will be after you

Not if their Finances are insecure and there are plenty of Free unemployed Managers available

Maybe they should sort out the frigging match ball physics engine rather than concentrating on crowd reactions or some other rubbish, so the ball doesnt pass through the keepers hands for a straight save, or the keeper makes a parry and the ball deflects in completely the wrong direction. Stop the keeper standing behind the goal line so he parrys the ball into the back of the net, or just fix any number of match glitches that turned a once great game into a annoying and frustrating mess, it seems that half the time i dominate the game from start to finish but the opposing team nick a glitch goal and i lose! how frustrating, its been what 5 years since the 3D match engine was introduced and they still havent got the basics down, get shot of the 3d engine and go back to the old 2d engine where things make sense!

I would like to see players with pulled muscles be the forced substitutions instead of those with Bruised heads. why is that anyway?

player is injured... but can carry on - pulled Muscle out for weeks

Player is injured... bring him off - Bruised head.... its Fellaini... he doesnt get bruised heads with his mop.

i agree with this! players are injured with dead legs, or brusies and the game makes you pull them off, you get a player who literally cant run because of injury but the game makes him only a recommended subsitute

Would it be possible to add a feature when using holiday mode, i know a fair few people now play as the Director of Football and leave the assistant manager to control everything and holiday for a day.

My suggestion is, adding the option to stream game live when you holiday, with the options to watch the game but have no control over anything, the same way as when you have a touchline ban and have to watch from the stands.

Another niggle is the post match comment from the journalist which sometimes don't make sense! For example I just played Sunderland, they went 2-0 up in the first half but threw away 2 goals in the second half to me (one of which was a penalty!) and the game ended up 2-2. Journalist post match comment is "Sunderland supporters will be the ones going home happy after a battling draw with Norwich" Now if i was a Sunderland supporter i would be mighty pissed at the end of that game having thrown away a 2 goal lead! Comment should read "Sunderland supporters will be kicking themselves tonight after watching them throw away a 2 goal lead"

After international match - International duty ends

then - remove all players > cannot remove so close to fixture

once international duty has ended you should be able to remove all players from national squad, or else the duty hasn't really ended!

You have to wait one or two clicks of continue to remove them. Not a big deal but a little silly

One major thing that always got on my nerves is how players mess up kick-offs. Once every few games my team would kick off and the two players would end up tackling each other and losing the ball to the opposition. AT KICK OFF. wht's up with that lool? Needs fixing..

Hello, I represent football-manager.gr forum, an affiliate of SI and I will be making some suggestions over the next months. To start with, something we are all concerned about is weight. I think we should have the option to deal with it somehow. Ask the player to lose weight by changing his diet, or hire a nutricianist, or maybe we just add some more aerobic training to him... Something also to be taken seriously is a report directly from the assistant informing us of players who gained weight even in the middle of the championship or after holidays or summer vacation. We should take action for this etc. Thanks a lot, Mimis.

Much more easily accesible and adjustable tactics screen. After you managed to make things more real and organic with shout system instead of sliders, i would like to see a similar but more complicated system for position instructions. Also we can do more things on the tactical pitch like setting the defensive line, instructing players with arrows etc. We should be able to draw attack and defence formats, set width and lenght of play on it. Also in attack and defence, we can draw passing and runing lines for spesific players to spesific areas. Also match engine can be much more realistic and consistent which would surely take my gratitude. I want to feel more like a Coach, not a mathematician. So this great series started to get old and need a big step forward with an overhaul towards the reality.

1.Being able to manage u18s and reserve sides as an independent job? So if you start unemployed with minimal reputation you will have to start as a youth team manager.

I love this idea, and wish to add my support for it.

I honestly find it strange that in the Jobs section it lists all these other positions available, but you can only apply for Manager roles.

While I understand that we can't play as a scout for example, to be able to take on the role of Under-18's Manager, Under-21's Manager, or the Assistant Manager would make some sense, especially if starting with the background of being a Sunday League Footballer and fairly young (my case early 30's, hell I could still be a player).

Under-18's and 21's Manager is fairly obvious what your role would be. Depending on the club manager, you may get the freedom to use your own tactics, but most likely this would be set for you. Depending on other staff in the club and roles assigned, you may have the ability to bring in new players, especially as U-18's.

This could also tie in with one of the suggestions that I have made previously, that our "character" in game has staff stats, the same as all staff have. As the U-18's and 21's Managers are also part of the coaching staff, it would make sense for us to be fulfilling this part of the role also.

As the Assistant Manager, we would be part coach, possibly involved with the U-18's and 21's, and also we would have the job of providing tactical suggestions to our Manager, both before, during and after game day.

Overall, I think this is a great suggestion. Precedence is already in game as you can manage at the different levels for the National sides.

Hi i play with continue game timeout set to instant only problem is when players get sent off the discipline news items aint a must respond so no action gets taken against sent off player ends up making some players unhappy

so please just make the news page for disciplining players a must respond item thanks :D

- Much clearer text explanation of each tactical options

Since we got rid of numbers and sliders and we rely solely on text, the text must be completely clear and accurate. If not, a graphical representation must exist somewhere. I feel that the way things are now in tactics, a lot of options are not well understood, perhaps from non-native English speaking people.

- More team/player instructions

We need more options. For example, you should be able to say to a player to drop deeper or your team to press the opponent's defense. Again, no sliders = more text options.

- More "automated" team training system

We should be able to save "sets of weeks", eg one of 1 week Team Cohesion 2 weeks Ball Control and one of the opposite, "alternating". That way we wouldn't have to go do that every 2-3 weeks or so.

When you have a profile saved, that comes up as your default manager ID at the beginning of each game, I would like the option to use as your starting reputation, instead of the preset "international footballer" or "sunday league footballer", the option to take "Reputation from save game X" also containing that profile.

Of course no history in terms of teams managed and dates would be brought over, as that would cause conflicts with the new game, just the exact database number for the reputation (or the 3 different reputations? Local continental worldwide or whatveer they are).

I think this would bring a lot more variety into starting a new game, as just now Sunday league footballer is broken as you sometimes get offered jobs from SPL and so on, when you should be struggling to get BSN BSS jobs.

As well as bringing in more variety, it also allows players to import their "character" in terms of their reputation building, with the actual dates and histories written off as a necessary loss of the process. Players can build up their manager's reputation, but if finding themselves disillusioned in the year 2030 with all fake players, can reset the game world but keep the abstract data of their reputation, meaning they can be the same manager at least in the sense of angling for the same jobs, but back with familiar players.

I think its a stroke of genius personally.

Whether isolated data could be brought over in terms of trophies won, as in entries into the gold,silver,bronze columns without any actual histroy to accompagny them, well that could be good too if possible without breaking it.

I would like to see International aged teams raked separately.

At the moment the Senior National Team is ranked according to it's performance, but this World Ranking counts for the U21's and U19's too. So the #1 ranked team in the World will effectively be ranked #1 at both U21 and U19 level too, (irrespective of how good or poor their results are).

Please change.

'Player Value' should be removed from the game. It's a useless figure, as actual asking price is 99% of the time wildly different, and has no relevance to the real world of football.

Players are worth what a team is willing to pay/receive for them. There is no objective figure, and to present one is intentionally misleading to players.

Similarly stats like Potential Ability should be less visible, particularly in brand new 15 year old regens, while hidden stats like Professionalism should be more readily discernible as they would in real life.

Hi SI,

I have a very basic request

1) it would be nice to assign more specific task to DOF or he should ask my permission before he renew the players contract, e.g why is he trying to renew Xavi's contract while his attributes are already dropping and he frequently get injured ?

2) I am aware that when a club make bid that matches the players minimum release clause, the player can move to the new club, but atleast there should be an option available to speak with the player to convince him to stay or offer him the new contract.

2) search should be improved, for example, if I search for timowerner, instead of timo werner, nothing shows up. if i serach for Doria, you could see hell lot of results which is not at all related.

Thanks,

Desigan

Hi SI,

2) I am aware that when a club make bid that matches the players minimum release clause, the player can move to the new club, but atleast there should be an option available to speak with the player to convince him to stay or offer him the new contract.

You can do this already.

Player Cam on the highlights.

I want the ability to focus the camera on a particular player during 3d highlights and just follow that player around even when he is not on the ball.

Would love love love that and I can't imagine it would be that big a deal. Would be soooo good for tactical tinkering.:thup:

Player Cam on the highlights.

I want the ability to focus the camera on a particular player during 3d highlights and just follow that player around even when he is not on the ball.

Would love love love that and I can't imagine it would be that big a deal. Would be soooo good for tactical tinkering.:thup:

+1 would love to see that

Archived