What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

I would like a new pair of shouts: Patient Set-Up and Rush Forward

basically it would make players more likely to wait for the formation to form after set pieces or more likely to rush ahead.

It would fix some issues like when your fullback is 1 of 2 back in a corner situation and gets the ball and starts going up the left flank, loses it and then there is one guy back on the counter attack. Instead he would stay back play a backwards pass or something and wait for the side to get the form again.

On the flip side rush ahead would do things like centerbacks staying slightly forward and helping with build up for a while. Even rushing to help on counter attacks on defending corners if they have the space. You see Real Madrid do this option a lot in real life with Ramos or Pepe staying up and surging forward after blocking a freekick or corner.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't care what the bulk of users get or don't get and it shouldn't be anybody's business how I set up my save game or my system. In this day in age, it shouldn't happen. That simple. I love it how for this game everybody always finds an excuse for everything that's crap in it and only talks about the good stuff.

important tweak for the network game which after playing 14yrs of cmfm online is that under timer red news items have an auto stop until answered or have a longer set timer of 5mins. Job interviews, job offers meetings with chairman's etc get auto accepted rejected when the timers continues, anyone who is experienced online with FM will know exactly what i mean.

also in the online game, tweak the game so the ass man actually uses your tactic under holiday settings. Atm the holiday settings are flawed and the ASS man replicates the shape but doenst play your tactic. EG i have developed a 442 Crewe in my crewe online game, if i go on holiday and ask my assman to use my tactics he doesn't use my tactic he reverts to a default 442 this makes an incredible difference to the online game and needs tweaked.

I really don't care what the bulk of users get or don't get and it shouldn't be anybody's business how I set up my save game or my system. In this day in age, it shouldn't happen. That simple. I love it how for this game everybody always finds an excuse for everything that's crap in it and only talks about the good stuff.

SI give you the tools to backup up your saves and even automate it so you only have to select the option once in the preferences. It is 100% your fault if you don't use it.

As an owner of a PC you also have a responsibility to make sure it is in good working order.

It doesn't happen to 99% of the other users. Create a thread in the technical issues section of the bugs forum if you're having problems. Otherwise, this thread is for posting suggestions for future features.

AI managers tend to use only their prefered formation during the whole save, while in RL some tend to adapt to what they have (eg. Ancelotti, 4-3-2-1 Milan, 4-3-3 PSG, 4-2-3-1 Real M.), which doesn't happen in the game. AI managers lack flexibility. And ME has to be better, idiotic defence and strikers with IQ 40 have to be fixed.

A fun game mode you could add (maybe more suitable for FMC) is to take charge of a club after an IRL season. Let me explain:

Say you wan't to coach Manchester United and rebuild after this season. Instead of watching another manager do this during summer (IRL), which will leave you with a full squad with new signings in FM15, you'll have the option to create a save that takes place just after the 13-14 season (in FM15), with no summer signings or staff changes. You'll have the option to renew contracts or release players, and so on.

For example, if this mode was in FM14, you'll had the option to take charge of United just after Fergie retired. And, instead of buying Fellaini, you would sign Leighton Baines or someone else. Of course it's easy with benefit of hindsight, but if you start a season in FM15 in the autumn, you can track your manager progress and compare with whoever takes over United (for example).

I don't know if this possible, but I would love it! "The mid-season challenge".

The ability to add caretaker managers back in the editor. With the ability for player coaches etc to revert back to that when their stint as caretaker is over. It seems to be hard coded for Gary Monk at Swansea in the newest update but impossible to replicate with the editor for Giggs at Utd.

How about an ability to take over a club that is playing in a feeder league below the lowest manageable division. I mean if someone wants to manage, say Wingate & Finchley of Isthmian Premier, the club could be chosen for promotion to Conference South before the divisions update for the next season. At present one would have to reload the game for many many times to make Wingate & Finchley appear in the regional Conference division.

Random thought

I'd love to see a football manager game that allowed players from across different eras to be in the same team. Could it be done in era's eg the 60's or would it be better to have a game that encompassed all players across era's. I imagine combining Jimmy "Jinky" Johnstone and Henrik Larsson as an ultimate front line for Celtic FC ?

I've played since the CM days and used to love having players like George Weah and Gabriel Batistuta - I'd like to go back to that but with the updated interface and match engine that fm have developed. Perhaps some of you feel the same ?

Random thought

I'd love to see a football manager game that allowed players from across different eras to be in the same team. Could it be done in era's eg the 60's or would it be better to have a game that encompassed all players across era's. I imagine combining Jimmy "Jinky" Johnstone and Henrik Larsson as an ultimate front line for Celtic FC ?

I've played since the CM days and used to love having players like George Weah and Gabriel Batistuta - I'd like to go back to that but with the updated interface and match engine that fm have developed. Perhaps some of you feel the same ?

I'd love it if you could select a year and play with the players from that particular time i.e. playing as Milan in the 1990 season with Baresi, Gullit, van Basten, Rijkaard etc against Vialli, Mancini, Maradona etc.

It would be nice if there was not a fixed PA.

For example: Fabio Coentrao had a low PA. But he had two very good seasons at Benfica and ended up at Real Madrid, and FM had to change his PA.

Same as Falcao, he had a low PA. But again played two great seasons with Porto and now he has a very high PA/CA.

Because the way the game is now, it's like it's not worth giving opportunities to player's that don't have good PA because you know they will never get much better (while reality show's that this is not allways the case)

- I would like a distinction between "President" and "Owner" of the club. It's very often not the same person IRL, and it's annoying to read that the President wants to sell the club, maybe even to the real owner actually! And look at the Cardiff owner... There is real potential for a good addition there! The presidents may also change depending on the owner's mood.

- More uncertainty on the players' PA, so that you don't start every game knowing who to buy. Something like ±7% PA at the beginning of each game, and a wider use of negative PA for young players (U21?). And maybe the PA could evolve depending on the performances of the players or the club's: if the player has been on fire all season, he could get a small bonus to his PA. By being good, you show you can have a good level.

- I really don't care if real life top-flight managers don't get to do it (although some of them might actually still have something to say about it), I think more depth in the economical/financial dimensions would be a huge plus to the simulation. Have control of the sponsors negotations, of the stadium tickets pricing, etc. It was possible in the early years of FM and it was really cool! Besides, with the FFP rules, FM would be less frustrating if the player had more control of the finances.

- Put an end to the corrupt data bug that can happen to both save games and editor data bases if your game or computer crashes. Even though I rotate my save games concerning the former, it doesn't help much, as I tend to save before every match: the computer doesn't save automatically unless 7 days have gone by since the last save, so in the end, my latest save is often way ahead of the others, except in winter/summer break times.

- Give more flexibility to players' role and positioning : of course a DR can somehow play DL/DC, a DC maybe DM/DL/DR! A winger should know how to play on either wings. You don't have to make them natural, but they can't be untrained at all!

- Maybe introduce a level of difficulty in FM? More challenging for the experienced players, a piece of cake for beginners?

- Finally get the license for Germany (especially Germany!) and Japan national teams, and the J-League.

- "Create your own club" mode, starting in the lowest league available in the selected nation.

- Give a raise to Miles for being such an awesome director

Since we already get a salary in the game, it would be cool if we could actually use this money to buy stuff in game, like cars, properties, give the money to charity etc.

because we don't need the salary in the game if we can't use it, so that's why i just select £0 as my salary at any club

Since we already get a salary in the game, it would be cool if we could actually use this money to buy stuff in game, like cars, properties, give the money to charity etc.

because we don't need the salary in the game if we can't use it, so that's why i just select £0 as my salary at any club

The biger your wages the more 'secure' you are as the have to pay you compensation when sacking you

AI managers tend to use only their prefered formation during the whole save, while in RL some tend to adapt to what they have (eg. Ancelotti, 4-3-2-1 Milan, 4-3-3 PSG, 4-2-3-1 Real M.), which doesn't happen in the game. AI managers lack flexibility. And ME has to be better, idiotic defence and strikers with IQ 40 have to be fixed.

Not for me they do not. I've seen Laudrup go to 4 different clubs (pre-update before he was sacked) and use 3 different formations. Mourinho has changed between 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 in his 10 year stint at Chelsea, there are more examples (Rodgers 4-3-3 to 4-4-2, Martinez 4-2-3-1 to 3-5-2, Simeone 4-4-2 to 4-2-3-1, Klopp, 4-2-3-1 to 4-4-1-1 to 4-3-3, OGS 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3 to 4-4-2, Lambert 4-3-3 to 4-1-3-2, you get the point) the thing is, most managers tend to stick to one formation most of their career anyway. You just need to look at managers a little bit more and you will see that the change formation more times than you are giving credit for

I think we need to see an overhaul of the regen faces. Currently, they are putrid and simply disgusting. Surely they can be improved. I play without them, as I cant stand looking at them. Please SI, work on this area

Also would like to see improvements on sounds. Maybe crowd getting excited when my team is pressing for the equaliser etc. Different tones of crowd sounds perhaps.

More improvements on the tactical side of the game, I.E revolutionise pressing. Will take time, but we need it improved in FM15.

Ball boys in 3D Pitch, along with managers. Needs to be done, no excuses.

Better skins. More professional UI.

I would add Steam and Manager achievements based on your Salary.

Can we have transfer style negotiations for Managers if your a rising star then can Club's along with your own start bidding for you offering higher wages and better budgets.

Similar to the confidence ratings between you and the Fans/Chairman. Can we add Fans confidence in the Board's and Chairman?

for FM15 would it be possible to have an option on skins to replace player shirts with attribute polygons in tactic creator screen?

With easy to see colours due to the small size of the polygons. This would make it really easy for people to judge the make up of their team and where their weaker areas may be. Where players match roles etc.

The basic idea is shown here: http://gyazo.com/1db11f4d04a850e299e37f25f6945a81

Did it occur to you that maybe the cause of you getting a corrupted save was an issue with your PC miscalculating something? I assume you don't use ECC RAM so your RAM could make a mistake while saving or loading which could corrupt the file. You say it shouldn't happen "in this day in age" but I am sure you are aware that computers crash, windows and office still have problems despite existing for years. So I think the occasional and seemingly random corrupt save is completely within "acceptable loss".

Right, a major bugbear I've had with FM for a long time: AI squad management and planning. The example below is just one symptom of terrible AI which I hate to see.

I've seen loads of the bigger clubs, (Manchester United particularly, because I've subscribed to them) buy 17-19 year old kids for sums of up to 5 million pounds, loan them out for a few years, then not give them a game in the first team and sell them on for far less money than they've bought them. Its ridiculous, the amount that they pay for teenagers who they won't play.

In addition, the amount of turnover of players these clubs have is getting ridiculous. They'd sell off squad players, then bring in other players who they'll proceed to sell off next season. The cycle will repeat.

Better squad management by the AI is the biggest complained I've had since the Champman days. Sort it out, SI!

Ugh, I don't know how to put images in posts so here are links to some pictures.

http://i.imgur.com/xxzWaz8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ipr55h5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/l1sd5ZC.jpg

I'd love to be able to set-up a playing history for myself, prior to starting a game. As it stands I can select a 'difficulty' level which defines how the players and fans react to me (Sunday League - International), but I'd love to be able to define which clubs I've represented previously, giving me a reputation with them prior, and building on that as their manager.

For example, I'd like to specify I - fictionally- played for Present North End between 1992 & 1995, making 3 appearances; probably quite a forgettable player and the fans would have no inclination to want me as a manager. In 1995 I made a 250k move to Leicester City and went on to play 130 times for them until 2002; chances are Leicester remember me and would potentially be inclined to have me back as a manager. In 2002 I made a £12m move to Liverpool and went on to retire there after 7 years making 205 appearances. In this final example I could be listed as a favourite or icon meaning home-grown players and fans would initially start with a warmer feeling towards me. Certain players would have been listed as a favourite as I played alongside them for a period of time, also, some would dislike me! I believe this would add greatly to immersion but it also leads nicely to be second suggestion.

I'd love if I could build from inside, like Pep at Barca. A former player turned 'reserves' coach who was raised from inside the club to manage the first team. I'd love to have the option of managing the youth squads individually and then, after loyalty and under the right circumstances, be offered a first-team role, either temporarily or full-time. If temporarily, do I now have bigger ambitions than reserve management? I would love to then be able to refuse returning to my previous post in search of top-league management. Along with this, regular conversations with the first-team manager to inquire which players are ready for the step up, or how I should have my squad playing to ensure a 'smooth transition' from reserves to first-team.

Maybe add specific signings or players to move on during contract negotiations with the board? I'd like to be able to try and get the board to give me a target for a player to sign, or for me to say 'I want this specific lad and I will not take the job unless you let me attempt to get him.'

Following on from discussion in the feedback thread, perhaps we could have expanded options for motivating players in team talks, for example going for record goals/points total or unbeaten record having already won the title.

Alright, so i am an American and in the USA recruiting is a huge deal for our various college sports including soccer. You can tell this by the popularity of sites such as Rivals that track football and basketball recruiting. I was thinking that fm could implement some kind of youth recruiting system instead of the regen system it currently uses. I would imagine these kids at various ages are recruited hard by teams. I also would like to see youth at younger ages being allowed to mimic the famous youth academies of the world. Just a thought because youth intake seems to be a favorite aspect for most players.

Add players Market Value Graph please

marketvalue.png

Whats the point of manager getting bigger contracts if he cannot spend his money? Whats the difference between 80.000 € p/w and 500 € p/w contract if i cant buy some luxury yachts, cars, houses,...

Whats the point of manager getting bigger contracts if he cannot spend his money? Whats the difference between 80.000 € p/w and 500 € p/w contract if i cant buy some luxury yachts, cars, houses,...

I see this a lot so I'll try and explain what I gather your salary does:

* If you are at Manchester United earning £12,000/week, you're more likely to face the sack when things go wrong as it would cost the board considerably less to sack you (opposed to a manager on £100,000/week).

* If you are pushing Norwich towards Premier League glory and Barcelona are on the hunt for a coach (earning a mere £25,000/week at the Canaries), Barca will come knocking for you as they would pay Norwich a small amount in compensation.

Basically your salary goes hand-in-hand with your job security.

What if I could start the game as an existing manager and somehow that would guide me while playing the game?

For example I start as Martinez and while I am playing I can see what he (the AI) would be choosing to do. For example his tactical set up and in-match tactical tweaks. They could just be highlighted in a new colour or something.

It could maybe even extend to signings and bring up lists of preferred players and staff.

Just a personal preference, but I would love to see a 'notes' system introduced into the game. For years now I have had to use countless notepads with random scraps of paper to write down tactic ideas, player contract detail and teamtalk feedback etc. Unless I'm completely missing something, there is no way to easily access your own personal notes on players from every screen.

I would love there to be just a notepad to pop out of the side of the screen where you can make and arrange your own notes to reference back to. Something that would overlay whichever screen you are on, and will allow you to make new tabs or pages of notes on whichever categories you like. eg. notes on which of your players prefer which teamtalks to keep them motivated etc

Just a personal preference, but I would love to see a 'notes' system introduced into the game. For years now I have had to use countless notepads with random scraps of paper to write down tactic ideas, player contract detail and teamtalk feedback etc. Unless I'm completely missing something, there is no way to easily access your own personal notes on players from every screen.

I would love there to be just a notepad to pop out of the side of the screen where you can make and arrange your own notes to reference back to. Something that would overlay whichever screen you are on, and will allow you to make new tabs or pages of notes on whichever categories you like. eg. notes on which of your players prefer which teamtalks to keep them motivated etc

I don't use it myself, but there is a notes feature already in the game. Have you tried it?

Following on from discussion in the feedback thread, perhaps we could have expanded options for motivating players in team talks, for example going for record goals/points total or unbeaten record having already won the title.

Yes!

I will keep posting this until someone from SI takes notice. Please, please, PLEASE can we bin off this stupid rule where a player on a hat trick takes the penalty? Please?

Yes!

I will keep posting this until someone from SI takes notice. Please, please, PLEASE can we bin off this stupid rule where a player on a hat trick takes the penalty? Please?

As penalties are rarely missed, and as it seems that how good a player is at actually taking penalties seems to have little or no relevance as to whether the penalty is scored, (if the GK is going to save it he saves it), then the significance of this is what exactly?

I've got my GK's taking pens now just for the craic.

As much as I am a big fan of playing the game as realistically as possible, sometimes would be great to have a facility to switch of the squad rules. Particularly as the game progresses, I find it very hard to find good HG players and this can be frustrating. An option to disable squad rules would be grand.

I'd also like to be offer a contract to any player where an offer is accepted. Sometimes the players don't want to even hear your offer, but I'd like a chance to just say 'I will offer your £200,000 per week,' before they decline negotiations. In real life, is there any harm or reason not to listen to a clubs proposal?

I'd also like the opportunity to be aggressive in a team meeting and in a press conference. (Realistically I'd like to be able to swear at the players but I understand that this is a game for all ages).

Feedback welcome,

Thanks,

Ollie

Being able to suggest to a player with dual nationality what nationality they should play for. If you have a good relationship with the player they'll trust you. If not, they could be dissapointed if you don't show faith in them by saying they should play for the weaker team

Just a small, trivial idea. What I've always wanted to see for years is to be able to see your own favoured personnel & more than one favourite club

... (e.g. Surely after being successful at a club that is not your picked favourite you will then like them).

Some more personalisation overall would be good, especially like the idea of adding a spoken language as said in a previous post by another user.

Hey..

I'd really love, if the fan-scene was improved. All the spectators should not act the same way, the fan groups should bring flags, banners, more pyrotechnics and so on. Maybe also make some great tifos before matches. At the same time it would be nice to see the teams walk onto the pitch with cheering fans.

And where are the managers? Me and my colleague should be standing by the sideline and cheer up our teams.

The last thing I'd like to see, is a change on the pre-match screen before starting a match. It would be great to be able to add pictures of stadiums so you can see what the stadium you're going to play on looks like.

/Marler11

Archived