What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

I would be keen to have an option were I could give money back to the board.

For example, my current Shrews team has around £45m debt as we built a new arena to increase revenue as we are now getting regular Champion's League football. Over the past seasons, I've spent and sold wisely. Due to this, my transfer budget is around the £150m mark.

It would be nice to be able to say something like:

"At the moment, I have a considerately large transfer budget, but I don't believe I have a use for it. As such, I would like money to be taken off this and repaid towards our current debt."

There could be a variety of responses - depending on the board - such as:

A - 'We believe the squad still needs improving and thus we are keeping the transfer budget as it is."

B - 'We feel this is a good idea and we'll discuss it among the board members and get back to you."*

C - 'This idea will be of a great benefit to us. As you've been manager for a long time, we'd like you to choose how much you wish to give back.'

* = As you would have probably guessed, option 'B' could go either way. However, if they agree, they choose the amount to be taken from the transfer budget.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very happy that finally more people are complaining about the atrocious scouting interface, having it improved is my biggest (or most realistic) wish. Second - make processing faster so we can play with all players loaded. It would improve the gameplay immensely.

For example, my current Shrews team has around £45m debt as we built a new arena to increase revenue as we are now getting regular Champion's League football. Over the past seasons, I've spent and sold wisely. Due to this, my transfer budget is around the £150m mark.

"At the moment, I have a considerately large transfer budget, but I don't believe I have a use for it. As such, I would like money to be taken off this and repaid towards our current debt."

A - 'We believe the squad still needs improving and thus we are keeping the transfer budget as it is."

B - 'We feel this is a good idea and we'll discuss it among the board members and get back to you."*

C - 'This idea will be of a great benefit to us. As you've been manager for a long time, we'd like you to choose how much you wish to give back.'

* = As you would have probably guessed, option 'B' could go either way. However, if they agree, they choose the amount to be taken from the transfer budget.

Your transfer budget is not a separate pot of money and therefore you can't "give it back".

I was told that the board will only make one level up upgrade to training facilities and/or youth facilities. My suggestion for the FM15 is this:

If the money is there for the club, when the board decides on it's own, or accept your request to upgrade facilities, it should be possible that they upgrade it straight from let's say adequate to superb or top. Not just one level up upgrades, each one of them takes a year - doesn't make sense when the club has 100m+ in the bank. So instead of investing 10 millions to upgrade training and youth facilities for one level, they should invest more (let's say 30-50 or more million), and take the facilities more than just one level up.

The whole favoured personnel, favoured clubs stuff is so dull and not well exploited. I have Sergi Roberto who I signed and has been playing for my dortmund side for 6 seasons, we won 5 bundesligas and 1 Champions league he even won the World Club Championship. Still he does not have Dortmund as a Favorite club. It makes no sense whatsoever. Also Lamela Won the Ballon D´or and was really helpful for me altough I am in his favored personnel I have no chances to congratulate him or say something about it.

Your transfer budget is not a separate pot of money and therefore you can't "give it back".

Ah, I was unaware. Well, either way, I would like an option were any excess money I feel I don't need could be used to reduce the debt.

I was told that the board will only make one level up upgrade to training facilities and/or youth facilities. My suggestion for the FM15 is this:

If the money is there for the club, when the board decides on it's own, or accept your request to upgrade facilities, it should be possible that they upgrade it straight from let's say adequate to superb or top. Not just one level up upgrades, each one of them takes a year - doesn't make sense when the club has 100m+ in the bank. So instead of investing 10 millions to upgrade training and youth facilities for one level, they should invest more (let's say 30-50 or more million), and take the facilities more than just one level up.

This would be ace as upgrading facilities now is tedious as...well, it's pretty tedious.

"Labelled the next......."

I love this little feature and it seems to have different levels to it too.

I know that you can be labelled the next Stevie G or Fat Frank.

I'm hoping that as the game progresses and the likes of the 2 above are no longer playing, (as in my game now), then they might be replaced by the name of a similar newgen player, so rather than being dubbed "the new Michael Owen" in my game, maybe they will be dubbed "the new Duncan Greenwood", who of course nobody has heard of but who is the best striker in the World in my game.

What made me post however is that I have a young Serbian SC and I have just noticed that he is "labelled the next Milan Galic". Now I am obviously not up to speed on my Serbian football, and although I am quite old, I have never heard of Milan Galic and so when I try to click on his name to find out more about him, nothing happens, (because he was obviously never in the game).

So I asked Wiki....

Milan Galić (Serbian Cyrillic: Милан Галић, born 8 March 1938 in Bosansko Grahovo) is a former Serbianfootballer.He scored 37 international goals in 51 matches for the Yugoslavia national football team.[1] He participated in the 1960 Summer Olympics, winning the gold medal, the 1960 UEFA European Football Championship, where Yugoslavia finished second (despite his goal in the final), and the 1962 FIFA World Cup, where Yugoslavia finished fourth. On the club level, he played for FK Partizan and Standard Liège. In 1960 he played in one of his 57 internationals against Denmark. He got sent off, but Yugoslavia still won 3-1. Later the International Referees committee decided that the referee had erred in the dismissal.

In 1962, according to the selection of Sport daily newspaper, Galić was declared the sportsperson of the year in Yugoslavia.

[TABLE=class: infobox vcard]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 3]8 March 1938 (age 76)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: birthplace, colspan: 3]Bosansko Grahovo, Kingdom of Yugoslavia[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: role, colspan: 3]Striker[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Team[/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD](Gls)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Proleter Zrenjanin[/TD]

[TD]?[/TD]

[TD](?)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Partizan[/TD]

[TD]148[/TD]

[TD](74)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Standard Liège[/TD]

[TD]84[/TD]

[TD](33)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Stade de Reims[/TD]

[TD]55[/TD]

[TD](18)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]23px-Flag_of_SFR_Yugoslavia.svg.png Yugoslavia[/TD]

[TD]51[/TD]

[TD](37)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 4]* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.

† Appearances (Goals).[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Now obviously that's pretty impressive, and it kind of makes me feel stupid for not having heard of him, (despite it being before my time), but then I had the thought... wouldn't it have been cool if his history, (like Wiki has just given me), could have just popped up when I clicked on his name even though he has never been in the game.

Obviously I appreciate it's a huge undertaking to do something like this, but remember, you wouldn't have to do it for all players. Just those who you already have in the game within the "dubbed/labelled" system.

Anyway, love the feature. Thanks.

as far as I know debts are repaid at a certain agreed amount a month & cannot in/decreased

I'm hoping that as the game progresses and the likes of the 2 above are no longer playing, (as in my game now), then they might be replaced by the name of a similar newgen player, so rather than being dubbed "the new Michael Owen" in my game, maybe they will be dubbed "the new Duncan Greenwood", who of course nobody has heard of but who is the best striker in the World in my game.

What made me post however is that I have a young Serbian SC and I have just noticed that he is "labelled the next Milan Galic". Now I am obviously not up to speed on my Serbian football, and although I am quite old, I have never heard of Milan Galic and so when I try to click on his name to find out more about him, nothing happens, (because he was obviously never in the game).

So I asked Wiki....

Now obviously that's pretty impressive, and it kind of makes me feel stupid for not having heard of him, (despite it being before my time), but then I had the thought... wouldn't it have been cool if his history, (like Wiki has just given me), could have just popped up when I clicked on his name even though he has never been in the game.

Obviously I appreciate it's a huge undertaking to do something like this, but remember, you wouldn't have to do it for all players. Just those who you already have in the game within the "dubbed/labelled" system.

Good idea

as far as I know debts are repaid at a certain agreed amount a month & cannot in/decreased

I was under the impression that the board can decide to "restructure the finances" and if this involves paying off debt then so be it. It certainly used to happen in older issues. (Not often enough though I would agree).

Dont know exaly what i want to see but i hope its gives me more fun than FM 2014 wich i consider not good. FM 2013 was great but FM 2014 was just not my game. Tried it with the new patch 14.3 but i got only worse so totally given up on it. But still a fan so i hope FM 2015 is more my game.

I'm not going to go into an awful lot of detail because it's something that probably won't happen (yet is a dream of mine for a future FM). The ability to buy your own football club. You would need to have the money, so perhaps you have to be a manager for x amount of years and earn x amount of money (your wages) before you could buy a club, but then it'd be awesome. You have to finance the club and hire/fire staff, and maybe you could even hire yourself as manager!

That would be brilliant and would give you an extra drive to aim for the highest. Some kind of price for your efforts other than a championship or manager-ranking. I usually only manage in lower league and stay there mostly, so I won't be able to buy a club I guess. But then again, buying a club in level 9 after managing a L2 side for a string of successfull seasons might well be possible.

I wonder how exiting it is to play FM as a club owner though. You hire a manager and have your influence in transfers, but other than that you can pretty much sit back and let the game roll. Until the manager f*cks up and you have to sack him. Might become a bit boring (like international management). I really like the idea though. A lot of tasks that lie in the hands of the FM-manager now are really directors/owners tasks anyway (hiring staff, players and such).

My biggest wish when it comes to lower league management:

- Fix the stadiums in 3d. A 500 capacity stadium looks like one that can hold 15.000 easily, with pitch wide covered stands on all sides. Where's the sheds and grass banks I expect in such a ground?

I want to see an option to not have a January transfer budget aswell. So another check box saying "allow transfer budget for first season (first 2 windows)". The option we have now "allow budget in first window" is there because technically all clubs have done their summer spending by game release so anybody wanteing to play with real life squads from the off with no AI interference can do.

When we get the Jan update, the players are included from the beginning (thats another issue), but the original argument from the first window would still stand to reason. The club has already done its Jan business by update release, yet no option to not have transfer budgets?

The extra option would allow the user to play the game how they want to. The original options of budget/no budget for first window would remain, with also another option of budget/no budget for January.

I feel this simple option would benefit a small selection of the community massively, and may even open new game worlds to others. Our already very tallented community that provide transfer updates would finally be able to make a realistic future transfer database for the January transfers. Allowing people to play the first season as close to real life as possible (transfer/squad wise), which in itself would bring new challenges. Take Hull for instance, you do as best as you can with the squad you have knowing by the end of January you'll be getting Long and Jelavic and can push on for Premiership survival/European qualification. These challenges can be matched all over the world.

For the most hardcore realists, at the end of the Jan window, you could "edit" your league table using FMRTE to give a correct table from Feb 1st and go form there. So many options available just by one simple option of not having a transfer budget (which in theory has already been spent, just like the first summer window where there is already an option not to include it) for the January window.

I would like to see money and a reward system integrated into competitions of national football teams. We all know that the teams/their national associations are being paid according to how well they've finished in EC/WC/Copa Americana...... But, the associations spend the money! Germany for example has built training camps for U18 players, Croatia has invested money into the league (given higher bonuses to the clubs being in the first division...) and planning to open a training camp as well. So, if the national teams play well in their competitions, they earn lots of money which they invest and benefit in the long run. If you are the manager, then the association would ask you to say what should be done with the money......

Would love a tactics board for attacking and defensive purposes. Therefore I can then show on a pitch where I want things like defensive line when attacking/defending, showing a player where to run, where I want balls played all that sort of thing. Defensive line, roaming, pass into space are all very ambiguous in the TC.

as I have said in my forum post this is what i would like to see in the game:

I love starting from the bottom on my fm games as this adds more of a challenge to the game, but on a few occasions over the last few years as the game has gotten longer and more advanced I have failed to get into a new career, i think this is partly due to the fact seasons take a very long time, ideally I would like to complete a season after about 6-10 hours instead of 24! but mostly i think its due to the fact i know nothing about the teams in the conference as none of them are in my area (Cheshire) other than Vauxhall Motors who are about 70 miles away, but after about 5 (real) years of playing with one team and having to start again every year, you can probably see where I'm coming from! I was wondering what the chances were of you adding the English Regional divisions into a future release, as this would add a little more excitement to the game for people in very rural areas with only a few small teams in their area who want to start from the bottom with a more local team.

Thanks for reading SI and i hope you agree!

Keep Up The Good Work!

Beady

1 - Job Adverts

Say you have 1 scout and possiblilty to hire 8. You place advert, and only get 1 decent scout. You hire him and keep ad open. Then the ad is auto-removed. This makes zero sense, the ad should be removed when the final place is filled, not the first. This is a ridiculous system.

2 - Job Adverts (2)

In old FMs you had 2 options for hiring staff. You could approach people randomly who turned up on Staff Search with unrealistic filter, or you could place an advert. If you looked in staff search you could often find better staff, but you risked wasting time as even with unrealistic filter most of them wanted too high wages. If you placed a job advert then only people willing to accept your max wage would apply. Now in FM14 people apply for your jobs even if the wage they demand is 10x your max. Doesn't the job advert at least give an indication of the wage on offer? This is a ridiculous system.

3 - PCAs

When you offer out a player with an expiring contract for £0, many teams make bosman offers instead. In FM 13 it was always bosman, but now it is only sometimes, so that has improved. However, in the event that a bosman is agreed (including when you haven't offered out the player at all), as far as I can see there is no option to offer the player out to his future club during the jan window, in the same way you can get people in.

3 - PCAs

When you offer out a player with an expiring contract for £0, many teams make bosman offers instead. In FM 13 it was always bosman, but now it is only sometimes, so that has improved. However, in the event that a bosman is agreed (including when you haven't offered out the player at all), as far as I can see there is no option to offer the player out to his future club during the jan window, in the same way you can get people in.

Yes, this feature would be a godsend.....

I would like to see money and a reward system integrated into competitions of national football teams. We all know that the teams/their national associations are being paid according to how well they've finished in EC/WC/Copa Americana...... But, the associations spend the money! Germany for example has built training camps for U18 players, Croatia has invested money into the league (given higher bonuses to the clubs being in the first division...) and planning to open a training camp as well. So, if the national teams play well in their competitions, they earn lots of money which they invest and benefit in the long run. If you are the manager, then the association would ask you to say what should be done with the money......

I like the sound of this one actually, although I can see it becoming pretty complicated. At the moment there isn't really an effect of a country winning a major tournament apart from flying up the rankings. Say, for example, Scotland won a tournament (although sub for any country where football is the national sport), the feel-good factor in the country would absolutely sky-rocket. For years you'd see an upsurge in interest in the sport, which would, or at least should, lead to more youth coming through the ranks, and by extension more talented youth. And that's not even touching your ideas of the FAs using prize money to invest in that country.

One of the best suggestions I've seen in this topic, sir, well played.

You know what, I'm gonna throw something out there as an idea to be kicked around:

Customisable standalone competitions.

I'm referring to running a competition outside of an FM or FMC career game- a competition which exists without the context of the real world environment. Pick X amount of teams, put them into a league/cup/tournament, and play through that as the manager, dealing with injuries/suspensions/form etc. The kind of closed-ended game that could be played through in one sitting, especially with multiple human managers.

Is it a good idea? Meh. Is there a market for it? I dunno. Is it feasible or does it fit with where SI want to take the series? No clue.

But it's been rattling around in my head as something, like FMC, that could well appeal to a particular section of the fanbase, and could actually increase that fanbase by offering a fixed-length option with a definite end point.

You know what, I'm gonna throw something out there as an idea to be kicked around:

Customisable standalone competitions.

I'm referring to running a competition outside of an FM or FMC career game- a competition which exists without the context of the real world environment. Pick X amount of teams, put them into a league/cup/tournament, and play through that as the manager, dealing with injuries/suspensions/form etc. The kind of closed-ended game that could be played through in one sitting, especially with multiple human managers.

Is it a good idea? Meh. Is there a market for it? I dunno. Is it feasible or does it fit with where SI want to take the series? No clue.

But it's been rattling around in my head as something, like FMC, that could well appeal to a particular section of the fanbase, and could actually increase that fanbase by offering a fixed-length option with a definite end point.

Online tournaments. That's where I can see the use. There may be some appeal to it. :thup:

i think this is partly due to the fact seasons take a very long time, ideally I would like to complete a season after about 6-10 hours instead of 24!

err easy problem solved, try classic mode, probably do a couple of seasons on 6 hours :thup: or of course there's always holiday mode.

CM last incarnation had real set piece training why not have that here as-well

Also real shouts to the team try to motivate then during the match not just in break or match start

Make manager/player interaction not so rigid , start season and end season team meeting is lacking in options

Play has Football of Director

Game needs a graphics UI overall in terms of aspect so it doesn't look like a spreadsheet most of the time ( for example having staff meting should show a image or background illustrating so ( something like this :http://postimg.org/image/allfqhj5r/ where it shows your staff in each chair and you select to interact with one individually or ask questions like a real meeting would

Ui needs to be more appealing lets be honest if you show the game to someone who doesn't play , all versions look basically the same

Training needs to be less rigid i find bad that you set a player to train finishing and it stop overall training so he just trains finishing , that is not how it shout work it should be choose striker training and add a little focus to finishing ( or a slider to set training to specific attributes in that training regime )

I'm sure it's already been said, but I'm not about to read through to check. Simply put, in terms of set pieces, the ability top select in-swinging, out-swinging, or mixed for corner types

I would like to see more emphesis on the Challenges. Make them more diverse and longer in seasons. Kind of like a campaign in other games. Where a challenge would give you 5 seasons rather than half a season. Example is making a league 1 team win the premier league or a National team win the world cup. I know there is a workshop with good challenges but it just seems too casual. Overall right now the Challenge system is good but feels very limited.

So I asked Wiki....

I hope Gerrard Houllier isn't managing my Club when he reads them.Liverpool had the next Zidane(Bruno Cheryou),a few next Cantona's Platinis.And one Bob Fleming(Diouf)1 out of 5.

I'm sure it's already been said, but I'm not about to read through to check. Simply put, in terms of set pieces, the ability top select in-swinging, out-swinging, or mixed for corner types

Is this not kind of an option already? You can set the destination of the corner and the taker. The foot of the taker roughly determines the swing no?

This idea just came to me whilst sorting out my back-room staff.

I always like to get any of my coaches who don't have a 'Pro' license to work towards it. I looked through the 'Insert Column' to see if I could add one called 'License', to save me going through every member individually - alas, there was not.

So, my first idea is to be able to add a column called 'License' and then on one page I can see what license all my staff hold.

A second column I would like to be able to add would be called 'Interest' and this would relate to how interested a coach is in going on a course for the next level of license. Of course, the interest levels could be split as:

High - there is an 80% chance or better the coach will take the course.

Medium - there is a 50/50 chance the coach will take the course.

Low - there is a 20% or less chance that the coach will take the course.

When buying a new coach, it would be good if there was some indication on his profile as to whether his interest in improving was high, medium or low.

This idea just came to me whilst sorting out my back-room staff.

I always like to get any of my coaches who don't have a 'Pro' license to work towards it. I looked through the 'Insert Column' to see if I could add one called 'License', to save me going through every member individually - alas, there was not.

So, my first idea is to be able to add a column called 'License' and then on one page I can see what license all my staff hold.

A second column I would like to be able to add would be called 'Interest' and this would relate to how interested a coach is in going on a course for the next level of license. Of course, the interest levels could be split as:

High - there is an 80% chance or better the coach will take the course.

Medium - there is a 50/50 chance the coach will take the course.

Low - there is a 20% or less chance that the coach will take the course.

When buying a new coach, it would be good if there was some indication on his profile as to whether his interest in improving was high, medium or low.

This is a pretty good idea

I find it tedious in the game when you having to go through a long list of applicants who will never agree to the wage you can pay so why not allow the adverts in the Job centre to be placed with an expected wage,qualification and person specifics.So that the job will be applied for by people happy with the wage and your office staff filtering those that don't.

Also can we have an expected or estimated wage filter on Player and Staff lists?

as I have said in my forum post this is what i would like to see in the game:

I love starting from the bottom on my fm games as this adds more of a challenge to the game, but on a few occasions over the last few years as the game has gotten longer and more advanced I have failed to get into a new career, i think this is partly due to the fact seasons take a very long time, ideally I would like to complete a season after about 6-10 hours instead of 24! but mostly i think its due to the fact i know nothing about the teams in the conference as none of them are in my area (Cheshire) other than Vauxhall Motors who are about 70 miles away, but after about 5 (real) years of playing with one team and having to start again every year, you can probably see where I'm coming from! I was wondering what the chances were of you adding the English Regional divisions into a future release, as this would add a little more excitement to the game for people in very rural areas with only a few small teams in their area who want to start from the bottom with a more local team.

Thanks for reading SI and i hope you agree!

Keep Up The Good Work!

Beady

If you visit the editors hideway parts of these SI forums, you can find at least 2 fan made updates that do exactly what you want! :thup:

This is a pretty good idea

Thanks. It's not anything amazing, but I would prefer to be able to see all the (relevant) information on one screen than needing to click back and forth on every single staff member.

the ability to save game after a certain amount of real time has been played. so every 15, 30 mins or every hour rather than just after days played in the game. it is possible e.g to spend an hour on the game and not actually pass many days e.g setting up, training searching for players etc. etc. but if you get a crash dump, that's an hour of good work down the drain, however if you had an autosave based on real time playing, then that would solve this issue and may even prevent the crash dump entirely, at the very least it would ensure that valuable time isn't wasted just because you didn't actually continue on the days. there should be more options even a 3 or 4 day save so if you get a crash dump, you don't have to lose the result and have to play the game again, or you should be able to save directly after every game to prevent this as well.. in short. more options on save game please.

Bring the old match rating method back!

REAL ratings with natural numbers!The decimal rating method is just stupid and non realistic.

Why all players begin with a 6.4 rating during a match???I never got it.Why 6.4 and not 6?

And what factors are taken into account for a rating of lets say 7.1?

My striker in a league match scored a hat-trick and he was rated 9.2...WHY?????????????????????

I don't know if it's been here before. Anyway...

REFEREES SERVING "BANS" AFTER MISTAKES

It's probably because I was born and raised in the Balkans, but I, like almost all fellow Eastern European football aficionados, am severely outraged by match-changing referee mistakes. I just lost a cup game because of a penalty wrongly indicated by the ref. Now I don't know how the thing goes in UK, but at least in this part of Europe, after a big mistake, referees usually serve a "ban": they are kept from refereeing matches a few matchdays (depending on the severity of the mistakes) or are "relegated" to lower league matches, again, for a few matchdays. It would be a little bit better for me to see instead of "FA silent over X's criticism" "Referee X to serve ban after mistakes in Y vs Z match".

Here's an idea that would be tricky to implement, but it's very realistic, and should be in FM games.

Expansion of the leagues. Example:

Slovenian first league has 10 teams. Let's say that Maribor and another club are playing well in Europa League (or even in UCL), and the reputation of the league rises. With an ambitious FA of the country, it would be a possibility that the league would get expanded from 10 teams to 12 or even 14. Or if a nation is doing bad, you would see their top league go from let's say 16 teams to 14. I think you get the idea, it's very realistic, and it would be a nice challenge to implement it.

Here's an idea that would be tricky to implement, but it's very realistic, and should be in FM games.

Expansion of the leagues. Example:

Slovenian first league has 10 teams. Let's say that Maribor and another club are playing well in Europa League (or even in UCL), and the reputation of the league rises. With an ambitious FA of the country, it would be a possibility that the league would get expanded from 10 teams to 12 or even 14. Or if a nation is doing bad, you would see their top league go from let's say 16 teams to 14. I think you get the idea, it's very realistic, and it would be a nice challenge to implement it.

I can see your reasoning, but I just can't see this happening. How often do league restructures happen? And how do you determine the criteria for it happening? I don't think they would expand the league on the basis of a few teams doing well in European competition, in fact that would dilute the quality of the league, so those teams would probably be against it.

Just can't see the need for this.

I can see your reasoning, but I just can't see this happening. How often do league restructures happen? And how do you determine the criteria for it happening? I don't think they would expand the league on the basis of a few teams doing well in European competition, in fact that would dilute the quality of the league, so those teams would probably be against it.

Just can't see the need for this.

Essentially it would be 'Chaos Theory' - so at the start of the game, you have several possibilities hard coded in - EPL decreases to 18, Slovakia splits Second Division into East/West, Russia annexes Ukrainian league ( ;) ) etc. It would then be random as to if it happens. I've seen it done in a game before - Grand Prix Manager - which had several rule changes that might, or might not, happen at the end of each season. The biggest issue would be licenses though, because the game then wouldn't accurately reflect the competition to which the license had been obtained. I can see it being a good thing for long term saves, but the negatives (How annoyed would you be if you'd just scraped 4th, for example, and then the European Cup changed back to being for the winners only?!) and the ever-present legal issues - would render it highly unlikely IMHO.

Well I've witnessed quite a few of those changes in the balkan region during this last 15-20 years, but you two make some valid points that I haven't thought of. My bad.

And I didn't think of it as being totally random, some of the parameters would of course be precoded (No reason for EPL or La Liga to do any changes in their leagues at all, unless those nations would fall drastically in one's save in years around 2040...)

Just an idea though. :)

On a more serious note, I'd love to be able to set the disciplinary rules for my squad at the start of the season.

For example, if players knew that first sending off = official warning, second = 1 week fine, third & subsequent reds = 2 week fine - they might be less likely to moan about it. Of course, you should have the opportunity to override for particularly stupid/harsh sending offs (ie to reduce what should be a 1 week fine to a warning, or vice/versa). You could also have the option to change it (another use for the Team Meeting?) in mid-season, if you had suffered a spate of dismissals etc. Players mentalities/professionalism would come into it - a highly professional player might be happier that you had gone for a strict system of fines from the off, whilst a lazy dreamer (or a thug!) might complain about it. Again, on the flip side - a lenient setup might please players with high dirtiness stats, whilst annoying model pros.

Being able to mass upload new clubs/players to the editor would be a nice touch, so we can create 30 players for a single club in a CSV file and add them to a club. It would make it so much easier and quicker to create new leagues or increase realism for the really low leagues and would let us use more than one community created league if the editor gave each club/player a unique ID when it was added.

Managers have their own agent who try to get as high a wage as possible from the board, so better agents take more from your wage budget but will give you a better choice of jobs.

I'd like to see better assistant manager team selections (including the auto filter selector) when the ass man takes control of your team in games for you. For e.g, I've had my ass man play the same player/s over and over in pre season friendlies when they are knackered, and left out players pretty much same ability that need match fitness/practice, it doesnt make sense. I'd want him to rotate far better to give everyone a go at getting match fit in the games available, without over cooking players, in particular important and/or injury prone/jaded players.

This should also be complemented with an option to auto non-pick players for games if you think you need to rest them from games (not just from training as atm that doesnt affect this situation).

The u18s should be able to play for u21s and vice versa, they were in my save in the beginning, then since the latest patch werent selected to and were only being picked for one or the other, odd bug or something going on.

Archived