What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

Probably been mentioned before, a tiny thing.

When using the editor, I can have staff members that I can choose their gender, female or male.

But, i can't do the same with players.

It would be really nice to have the choice to enter female players as well for a whole bundle of reasons e.g. making female player databases that then use the word "she" in commentary, press conferences etc. FWIW my awareness of this just came from me using the editor to tweak a clubs finances and create some fantasy players. I decided to make a female player superstar and its annoying that "she" gets referred to as "he" everytime she scores a goal!

I'dlove to manage arsenal ladies but this wont happen until the ladies games come a lot more popular

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so here goes, i dont think a load of changes should be made resulting in patch after patch....just make football manager 2013 perfect then release that with some minor changes

1) ability to manage reserve teams i.e Wigan need a reserves manager etc, starting unemployed means working up the leagues this wold be another path.

2) why can't i be an assistant manager just doing team talks and friendlies etc grey out the options that aren't available to me, again another way to build reputation.

3) Why oh why are so many managers on FM13 returning to clubs they have previously managed, SILLY!

4) why don't i have an agent?

5) Why aren't all applicants interviewed or spoken too?

6) contract bonus's for managers, poor wag but big bonus's

7) when i start a game a more detailed profile, place of birth, add my own favoured personnel instead of game giving me randoms, being able to add and remove favoured people during game, changing my future plans as when ever i apply for a job i have never given any indication that i was looking elsewhere.

I'd like to see players signed as back up, accept that they are back up, at least for a year; especially when they are at a big club on a good salary. And when they moan, which so so many seem to do very quickly, it would be nice to have the option to remind them that they happily signed on AS A BACK UP!! and to pretty pretty please, be professional, work hard on improving their game and stop bothering me.

:(

definitely agree with that ^

Also, I'd like to see more ramifications to decisions made in the game, if you applied for a job got turned down, then went on to massive success (maybe at the expense of the club that turned you down) the game should mention that, fans/press should mention it, what if etc? Or if you could have signed a player and didn't who then went on to greatness.

Also stop transfer fee's getting silly ! i know there are some fair enough but if i want Rooney i'm looking at £80m + not the £30m mentioned recently

Is the Rooney in your game becoming unhappy at not being an automatic first choice striker at United? Has his form dropped off to the point where a reasonable bid is worth considering? Is his overall fitness becoming an issue? Is there a real risk of him running down his contract while phoning in his performances?

You might have one of those issues but unless you have 3 or 4 of them happening then is £80m+ really that unrealistic?

Ok so here goes, i dont think a load of changes should be made resulting in patch after patch....just make football manager 2013 perfect then release that with some minor changes

1) ability to manage reserve teams i.e Wigan need a reserves manager etc, starting unemployed means working up the leagues this wold be another path. you can already do this

2) why can't i be an assistant manager just doing team talks and friendlies etc grey out the options that aren't available to me, again another way to build reputation. its called football MANAGER

3) Why oh why are so many managers on FM13 returning to clubs they have previously managed, SILLY!

4) why don't i have an agent? because its easy for you to find a club yourself

5) Why aren't all applicants interviewed or spoken too? whats the point in slowing down the game for Ai manager interviews?

7) when i start a game a more detailed profile, place of birth, add my own favoured personnel instead of game giving me randoms, being able to add and remove favoured people during game, changing my future plans as when ever i apply for a job i have never given any indication that i was looking elsewhere.

ok ??????

1) ability to manage reserve teams i.e Wigan need a reserves manager etc, starting unemployed means working up the leagues this wold be another path.

2) why can't i be an assistant manager just doing team talks and friendlies etc grey out the options that aren't available to me, again another way to build reputation.

4) why don't i have an agent?

5) Why aren't all applicants interviewed or spoken too?

Just to throw my two pence in on some of these.

1) I completely agree with the idea and would enable you to mix it up a little. Perhaps you've had some minor successes further down the pyramid and the manager of your feeder club has noticed his loanees have made significantly more progress at your club than elsewhere. Why not, as is the case with some of the Spanish "B" sides be approached to take a step back in authority, but a step up in level. Perhaps being assistant at a more reputable club might land you a better chance of going alone later on.

2) Is this not related to #1?

3) There definitely seems to be too many managers returning to previous clubs. Whilst it does happen, Jose Mourinho being the obvious person to mention, it certainly isn't common, especially at the bigger clubs. However, it does happen more frequently further down the pyramid so shouldn't be eliminated entirely.

4) An interesting concept, and one that should definitely be explored. Starting out, you cannot afford an agent due the lower wages. However, with money & success you begin to be able to afford to hire someone to get more work for you. With the right agent you might find yourself with a pay rise (better job security) or even a better job. With the wrong agent you could find your name in the papers touting you for every job and perhaps lose some security unless you constantly come out in the press and play down rumours etc.

5) Ever applied for a job in real life, but just never heard anything back? It happens, and this is reflected in the game. However, the subject of interviews is a good one and I believe has been mentioned before. You'd expect a shortlist of managers to have to enter an interview process. Discussions on ambitions, philosophies etc. The board would then decide on which manager best fits them & their club and makes an offer accordingly.

6) Does this happen? Could you not just get sacked before winning the league to avoid a hefty payout?

7) Again, I agree with most of the points raised here. I want the game to know a lot more about who I am. Place of birth & current location would add a lot to those of us who begin at the bottom. For example, I was raised in Kent, but until recently lived in Leeds. As an unemployed manager I would be more favourable towards a club in either of these locations. Of course I wouldn't rule out other clubs, but the likelihood is I would want to stay local.

In regards to favoured people in the game I agree with the idea of adding people before you start. For example, as a Tranmere fan in the game I automatically dislike the current Liverpool & Everton managers. However, I actually quite like Roberto Martinez, so this would be inaccurate. I don't like Graham Westley though, and would prefer to have him on my list. I don't agree about changing this once in game, as that should be left to the game to calculate based on the decisions you make (which you should be able manipulate to demonstrate your like/dislike anyway).

Future plans again could be linked to agents. Say your agents approaches you and says, "Watford are thought to be looking for a replacement for Gianfranco Zola, do you want me to ask around and see if they have any interest?". If you respond no, the future plans may say you're happy at your club or none. However, a yes might result in a story leak, just with players, and a news item along the lines of, "Sky Sports sources understand that Tranmere Rovers manager Joshua Milton is thinking of leaving the League One leaders in order to take over at Watford. His agent said he would consider any approach from the Hornets, but insisted no contact had been made yet".

Additionally I believe the starting reputations need to be looked at as well. The existing Sunday League Footballer -> International Footballer does work, but only to an extent. I believe the addition of a second tier of "difficulty" would enable a player to better portray his experience levels in regards to coaching. At the moment even as a Sunday League Footballer I believe you're given some qualifications right away. I don't think that ought to be the case and I should be able to tell you what I've done. For example, although never a pro, I might have completed national FA coaching courses and I should be able to tell you this. It adds extra layers within the difficulty settings.

An International with UEFA Badges (Candidate A) is better than one without (Candidate B), but is a semi-pro also with UEFA qualifications (Candidate C) a better bet than Candidate B? This would then come down to the board/club attributes who may favour a "big name" (a John Barnes) over a more qualified, but lesser known manager.

Sunday League Footballer & No Qualifications would be the ultimate in hardest settings, and at best you'll be taking over relegation candidates in the lowest division or sides promoted from unplayable leagues.

Edit: Should add that courses should be possible to be bought with your wages (again, as with agents above, adding extra use of this data). For example, you might decide you want an agent so start spending some of that cash. However, he advises you after speaking to his contacts that clubs in the next division would only consider candidates with at least County or State/National/Continental qualifications. As a result, you now find yourself having to upgrade your qualifications, which may take 6/12/18 months depending on the level.

I'd also like to add, before such a comment is made, I don't think it should go down the FIFA/EA route and be able to buy unnecessary things like cars/houses etc., but do feel as though these areas, which are directly linked to a club or international manager should be options to be explored.

Additionally I believe the starting reputations need to be looked at as well. The existing Sunday League Footballer -> International Footballer does work, but only to an extent. I believe the addition of a second tier of "difficulty" would enable a player to better portray his experience levels in regards to coaching. At the moment even as a Sunday League Footballer I believe you're given some qualifications right away. I don't think that ought to be the case and I should be able to tell you what I've done. For example, although never a pro, I might have completed national FA coaching courses and I should be able to tell you this. It adds extra layers within the difficulty settings.

An International with UEFA Badges (Candidate A) is better than one without (Candidate B), but is a semi-pro also with UEFA qualifications (Candidate C) a better bet than Candidate B? This would then come down to the board/club attributes who may favour a "big name" (a John Barnes) over a more qualified, but lesser known manager.

Sunday League Footballer & No Qualifications would be the ultimate in hardest settings, and at best you'll be taking over relegation candidates in the lowest division or sides promoted from unplayable leagues.

Edit: Should add that courses should be possible to be bought with your wages (again, as with agents above, adding extra use of this data). For example, you might decide you want an agent so start spending some of that cash. However, he advises you after speaking to his contacts that clubs in the next division would only consider candidates with at least County or State/National/Continental qualifications. As a result, you now find yourself having to upgrade your qualifications, which may take 6/12/18 months depending on the level.

I'd also like to add, before such a comment is made, I don't think it should go down the FIFA/EA route and be able to buy unnecessary things like cars/houses etc., but do feel as though these areas, which are directly linked to a club or international manager should be options to be explored.

It's an interesting idea, and certainly a better use of wages than some others have put forward. However, take your hypothetical hardest difficulty - sunday league rep, no qualifications. You buy courses with wages, but would any club take on a manager with literally nothing to his name? Then you wouldn't be able to buy the courses as you wouldn't have any wages.

But then I suppose the lowest of the low clubs would still perhaps realistically give you a chance, and agree that if they did, then your model would probably work. At the moment it's too easy to be successful in your first Sunday League Rep job and then shoot up the ranks. You can get offered the top jobs within a couple of years. I would definitely like to see the difficulty/rep system overhauled, although the latter would be a behemoth of a feature to do that to I imagine.

It's an interesting idea, and certainly a better use of wages than some others have put forward. However, take your hypothetical hardest difficulty - sunday league rep, no qualifications. You buy courses with wages, but would any club take on a manager with literally nothing to his name? Then you wouldn't be able to buy the courses as you wouldn't have any wages.

But then I suppose the lowest of the low clubs would still perhaps realistically give you a chance, and agree that if they did, then your model would probably work. At the moment it's too easy to be successful in your first Sunday League Rep job and then shoot up the ranks. You can get offered the top jobs within a couple of years. I would definitely like to see the difficulty/rep system overhauled, although the latter would be a behemoth of a feature to do that to I imagine.

I think you'd probably actually need a warning upon selecting this option to say, "This is the most difficult combination, and you will only be able to manage the lowest clubs with the lowest reputatuins. Are you sure this is what you want?". Also, this is where the interviews would work best. A passionate/assertive interview might just get you the job over someone else who has more experience or qualifications.

I'd also stick in Amateur (equivalent of County level) between Sunday League & Semi-Pro too.

EDIT: Further to this, an ambitious, free spending intelligent chairman may well offer to stump up the cash for you. In return, you may need to sign a contract extension, or something similar to a learning agreement. This might mean you couldn't resign from you position within X months of completing course, or else you would need to pay back the course fee. Whilst you couldn't go bankrupt, you may not be able to pay your agent, so you may have to find your next job on your own.

I've found that there is too much national upheaval when one manager leaves his post. For example, Paul Lambert will leave Aston Villa for Tottenham, so Sam Allardyce leaves to replace Lambert at Villa, leading to Pochettinho leaving Soton for West Ham etc etc. Not sure exactly how this can be addressed, but many clubs are pretty cheap in their approach so would target the out of work managers who won't require compo.

It would be nice i think if you got recognition from the board if you do something extra well, so if you took over when the club is languishing and went on a run to get into the Champions' League placings get a message of thanks, congratulations, maybe a bonus or a new contract, something to show the club recognises the amazing work you have done.

How about being able to offer goal keepers a contract saying cup keeper much like some of the top premier league teams do

something with player interactions a player asks for a loan to get some first team football, he is a back up but could you offer him a chance to review the number of games played in x amount a months or by the transfer window and make a final decision. or again offer to play him in the cups to impress to earn his first team spot in the league

A football manager career would be great. Start with a U21/Reserve team job with minimal qualifiactions then work your way up to a senior management level whilst obtaining coaching qualifications

If you participate in the transfer deadline day, a bar appears near the top of the screen with transfer news and rumours.

I would love an option to have that be present for the entirety of the transferwindows, not just the deadline day. Of course this would be without the clock thing on the far right, but beyond that keep it the same. Would be quite nice to make the transfer windows feel abit more special.

An end to "Cliche" football. Two goals in two minutes still occurs far too frequently.

An option to turn onff press conferences. These are a chore and add nothing to the game. ASTMs cannot really be trusted not to say stupid things.

On the Player Information page, in the 'Games played in position' box, I would love to see more detail. Instead of a players games played, goals scored etc for each position he plays. Have information for each role he has played. So how many games, goals, assists etc a CM has playing as a Deep-Lying Playmaker or for Advanced Playmaker and so on.

- Penalties; When a penalty is awarded to your club a shout from the bench option/button could appear for example 10 seconds so you as the manager could change the penalty taker in the last moment. Right now you can't change the penalty taker propmtly or at all, and this could be a nice little touch because it's realistic and useful. In real life managers sometimes shout and decide who should take the kick. It would also be very useful because I've found myself wanting to do something about this numerous times, e.g a player has scored 2 goals and I wan't him to score a hattrick so I'd like him to shoot instead of someone default. Also many times I see a player that's like a 5th choice on my penalty list taking a ball and I'm like "Noooo, not him, I'd like someone different" but I can't do nothing about it...

To follow the penalty idea up and make it even more interesting, I'd say sometimes some stubborn players could refuse to be swapped (if they had been set to shoot before the game) or some "crazy" ones (like Balloteli) who weren't set at all could surprisingly step up. That could create problems later on with them, and we could have some intersting player interection to sort their/your unhapiness out.

Also in real life player often get in clashes over who's gonna take the free kick. So that's another interesting thing to think about, regarding possible ways how 2 teammates can fall out.

- Winning; I think when you win something, a title or a cup whatever, that you aren't rewarded enough. It's actually just a few praising messages that you get, in the last game we got a little bit of confetti which is a nice touch, but in my opinion it's all not enough. You gotta find the way to make it more special and glorious because people struggle to win something and when they finally do make a success nothing much happens.

If you do decide to make something like this, I'd suggest that it shouldn't be dull, boring and same. I would go as far to make the unique thing happen for every team or at least every league when you win something. An animation, a song, or something else nice & elegant, but at least something!

- The ability to find another job in my last (half) year of contract, of which the contract starts at the end of my current contract, so I can still (loyal as I am) finish the season at my old club. If my contract runs out and I apply at other clubs before I actiually ends the risk I get sacked is huge, while I don't mean any harm. We agreed a contract for a period of time, after which I am naturally free to go wherever I please. But instead of offering me a better contract to convince me to stay longer (if they would want to), I get sacked. The perfect job may already be available in march or april and maybe wont be in juli. And if I'm in the run for a prize I would definitely like to finish the season, even when I'd like to join a club that has a vacancy in april. The target club may be as keen on singning me for the next season that they are willing to install a caretaker manager while I'm at my old club. Happens in real life all the time. And for that matter, it also happens that clubless managers are offered a job for the next season, allowing the old manager to serve out his contract. It could than happen that whilst I am doing a good job, but not exactly get along with the board, or ask to much salary to renew the running contract, they might decide to sign a big name (or a cheaper manager) to take over when my contract runs out.

Would make the whole job dynamics a lot more interesting and lifelike. In FM13 I am in charge, and if I dont do anything stupid like apply for another job or get relegated, I am in charge of my career. If I decide I want to stay at a club they allow me to. This is not the case in real life, where a club I get into europe from the bottom may very well appoint Mouriho and leave me jobless.

- managing reserves would be a great way to start a career.

- bonusses for managers. Manager contract negotiotiations need to be far better worked out. A player gets all sorts of bonusses in his contract, but If I get Accrington to the PL in 5 years time there are no bonusses for me. Furthermore I noticed that in lower league I never get any restrictions in my contract negociations (like 'attacking football' or 'get promoted in 2 seasons', 'avoid relegation' and such). Same goes for wage drops when relegated etc (again bonusses).

- Something I notoced while managing in france, might be a bug though, I have never been able to apply for a CFA/B/C/D job. They just seem to never become available.

i think a good thing to include in fm 2014 is addiction to player positions and roles and i think as well as showing where they can play and what role\duty they like best which we already have but how about showing a player preferred formation showing the best formation and poss two others to help the manager a> decide which players to buy to suit that formation(s) and b> which 3 formations to train the lads in. i think it will make for a better experience in terms of squad building.

another suggestion would be when you start a new game you cant just go to senior teams i think it would be better if you started at youth level and worked your way up.

I think that the contracts for managers should be set up for the future as well. This means that if you are currently running Everton, Spurs could come in the half of the season (or whatsoever) and ask you to join the club at the end of the current season with Everton or at the end of your contract. Makes football manager a little bit more realistic.

Hi everyone,

Well after 81 pages of somewhat fantastic (and sadly some less so) ideas it's about time we had a bit of a refresh. So please feel free to post any idea (ideally with a brief description of how it'd work) which you'd like to see in the game.

Just to clarify a few things mind, at no point will we ever allow Manager's to spend their wages/invest into the club so I wouldn't suggest that one. Also if you've posted an idea in the old thread which you still think is relevant for the game feel free to re-raise it here. Although if I get 300 pages worth of copy and pastes it won't be ideal.

As always with these types of things we very much appreciate any feedback from the community. And do remember if you suggest an idea and it doesn't appear in the next version of Football Manager that doesn't mean it never will. We've already got a fair few ideas ourselves of things we'd like to see go in, but as with all things time can only be stretched so far.

For anyone looking to reminisce, the old thread can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/24018-Wishlist-What-you-would-like-to-see-in-future-versions-of-the-game.-All-list-ideas-in-here.

Many thanks,

Sports Interactive

Dear Neil, i play FM since 2007 edition, but my main occupation always was Data Editor. You always improve game more and more each year, but you need to improve Editor aswell. Of course, Nation, Continental, International rules are great asset, but they can be modified much better. Why we can't create Apertura or Clasura-type competitions, MLS system and so on? Some transfer rules can be implemented, e.g. you can not sell domestic player till certain age (like in old Yugoslav league), or if you have draw - penalties are taken, and winner of shootout takes one point (again Yugoslav league). On the other hand, for editors like me, Advanced Editor is forbidden. I dont see any reason for that, but guys give us full editing freedom. Problem i had encoutered several timea since nation rules arrived are regional division. E.g. I've created Croatian football system till 3rd division which consists of North, South, East, West and Central group. My club begins in south section and next year i finish in east section?! You need to fix that...

Editor can be so much better, so give a try and cheer us up, best regards

What I would like would be expanding the classic direction to feel more of a game and less of a simulation. Games are fun while simulations are boring. In games it's easier to succeed than in simulations.

Fun would be fast paced seasons.

Transfers.

Player Developing.

Buying low selling high.

Low level club to world domination story.

Signing your dream squad.

I think that the contracts for managers should be set up for the future as well. This means that if you are currently running Everton, Spurs could come in the half of the season (or whatsoever) and ask you to join the club at the end of the current season with Everton or at the end of your contract. Makes football manager a little bit more realistic.

Exactly what I was trying to suggest a couple of posts above, but I coul'd'n summorise it as you did. ;-) This would make FM much more realistic imo.

In addition to that: I still miss the interest from other clubs when I'm not actively looking for another job. Maybe it's because I usually manage in lower league, but when I get a mediocre club into a promotion battle agains the odds, I would expect interest in my services from slightly higher repeputation clubs (maybe higer league, but also same or ie BSN when I am in BSS). Or even lower league clubs with new owner, big money and big plans might be interested in signing me.

I'm doing quite well in my journeyman career if I may say so myself, starting at Morön BK in 4th tier Sweden and, via Oskarhamns BK (Swe 4th), Randaberg IL (Nor 3rd), Hamoir (Bel 3rd), Maldegem (Bel 3rd), FC Pampilhosa (Por 3rd->2nd), Bristol City (eng 3rd), Crewe (eng 3rd->2nd), I just got Nimes Olympique to win the title in Ligue 2 in France.

In all these years of, sometimes very succesfull (at that level), management NOT ONE SINGLE JOB WAS OFFERED TO ME (or interst shown) where I didn't apply to (or shown interest in) that job first.

I think that in real life most manager transfers originate in the heads of the club boards that are looking for a new manager in stead of in the managers head. David Moyes didn't apply for the ManU job, he was asked if he would be interested by ManU. I think that in 80% of the filling of managers hotseats worldwide this is the case: The club show interest in the manager, not the other way around.

In FM it's the world upside down it seems. No club thinks of me as a manager unless I make my interest known (with trouble at my current club as a result). It should be exactly the opposite. This should be really be tackled in FM14.

NB: If this works correctly for FM-managers in the top leagues, which I can't know as I just ventured into a top league for the first time, this functionality is definately not worked out as good as it should for the lower leagues.

Some more ideas from FMFan.ru for FM 2014:

1. To see player related news in his profile.

2. More realistic player ratings for the game depending on what they do on the pitch.

3. More realistic regens with high PA should appear in where they should. Sometimes they don't appear in major clubs with high recruitment and academies but appear in some Zimbabwe or Botswana.

4. Legends and icons of the club should want to work in the club structure when the chance appears. This would be great to have them at the club, the fans should be happier, the board should be delighted to have a "family" at the club.

5. A big revamp of the medical structure of a club:

• Head of Medical Department (can hire medical staff and make advices)
  • Head Doctor/Doctor (decides what food players should eat, makes diet programs, takes care of some deseases, can tell the Manager if a player is fit or well enough to play)
  • Head Physio/Physio
  • Massage Specialist

6. All clubs should have Press-Atache (Media Pundits) that should have smth to do at the club (announce news to the media and fans etc)

I just noticed that when I secure promotion at some time during the season, my board doesn't seem to anticipate the growing income the next season would certainly generate. I tried to sign some players on pre contracts, but wasn't able to offer them higher salaries than I was able to a couple of weeks before, when promotion was still a big if. I tried to make use of my advantage of being promoted a couple of weeks before the season was over to lure in some high profile players, but my board didn't adjust the budgets as such. The wage-budgets available didn't change until some time in june (I think, or maybe when the last game of the season was played (cup final probably)).

I also set some expensive, but not longer needed, players (and contracts running out anyway) for release, but that didn't influence my budget to pre-sign new players either. Strange, as the total wages will certainly be as much lower as the combined wages of the players set for release make up. And that would make wage-budget available for the new signigs who's contract will start the moment the to-be-released players leave the club. Not untill that date in june, when promotion was in the pocket a long time, did the budgets get altered. The transfer targets I had in mind, which I can easily offer satisfactory salaries now (early july), had signed for other clubs before I had the wage budgets available.

I also wonder if the transfer-targets themselves realise my club will play a level higher next season immediately after promotion is secured. They should be equally as keen on joining at the end of their contract at the moment I secure promotion (even if that is as early as march) as they would be in june when the season is over. It is equally as clear that the club will act a level higher. It's hard to determine if this is handled well in FM or not (might be the players targeted would also be interested if I didn't get the club promoted).

To be short: When a club gets promoted, the available budgets (for transfer-free players for next season) need to be adjusted immediately, and not after the current season is over. Same goes for securing a euopean ticket or relegation (budgets go down as it's clear income will become less). The decline in wages accomplished by setting players for release should also be taken into account for the next season budget immediately after I set them for release.

How about a new game mode option where you can create your own team from scratch. So heres how it will kinda work....you will just get a team together (obviously there are loads of free players you can get). A sponser comes in and puts in money to your club (a small company like GREGGS or STARBUCKS, probably even smaller). You start off in one of the lowest league tiers. As you progress you get bigger sponsers hence more money, you start building your staff, fan base, etc... etc... Its a raw idea but I think the FM team can run with this.

How about a new game mode option where you can create your own team from scratch. So heres how it will kinda work....you will just get a team together (obviously there are loads of free players you can get). A sponser comes in and puts in money to your club (a small company like GREGGS or STARBUCKS, probably even smaller). You start off in one of the lowest league tiers. As you progress you get bigger sponsers hence more money, you start building your staff, fan base, etc... etc... Its a raw idea but I think the FM team can run with this.

This really made me chuckle.

I was chuckling more at the idea that Starbucks could be considered a small company ($382m profit last year). :p

As far as your idea is concerned it doesn't really have any legs. At the moment you can just holiday to the beginning of the next season and in England, (and many other nations) new clubs are promoted each year often with little to no players or staff. As you gain success over time, you will earn more money in sponsorship, TV revenue etc & attract greater players. Aside from the addition of corporate backing/naming, which is something that will probably never be done due to licensing & copyrighting, you've essentially described this. Check out the Dafuge challenge on these forums if you're interested.

i was comparing them to the likes of emirates, hp, etc... anyways, i understand the licensing issue but that is irrelevant as there are no named sponsors of teams in the game, it just says for example 'spurs have signed a new four year sponsorship deal worth £4m'...it doesnt actually give a sponsorship name. I dont really understand what you are saying with the rest of your response. Yes new teams are promoted each year, with little players and no staff but wouldnt you like to literally start from scratch yourself? Surely there is something in that idea.

With a newly promoted side you are starting from scratch? I've walked into clubs in the past who, chairman aside, have had nothing at all.

Also, the company element doesn't seem to actually have any relevance to the rest of your idea? Unless they are bankrolling the whole thing, in which case "starting from scratch" would be really easy wouldn't it? Unless there is something really obvious I'm missing here.

I'd like to see the elusive disappearing 'Tunnel' to make a return one day. I know it's trivial but seeing the player who is red carded early on, who then goes and sits on another players knee irritates me.

Come on SI, get your pencil out and scribble in a tunnel for FM14 (or 15)

More serious suggestion.

Versus mode needs the option to save custom shouts, nothing worse than wanting to place 3 shouts during key highlights and the game having to make 3 separate 'Making tactical changes' can become annoying for both users.

I get what you are saying but you are not starting from scratch with a newly promoted team because it is not your team. My idea is that you literally find 11 players and raise funds to enter leagues and competitions like in real life and you build a legacy.

Really??? how many sunday league football teams have a chairman??? clearly sunday league football teams at the lowest level have a manager and MAYBE a couple of coaches. the chairman is the manager who is the head scout who is the director of football who is the mate of a guy who owns a construction company that is sponsoring your team kits.

Archived