What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In an LLM career game it can happen more often than I'd like, current save is at 3 clubs but some have seen me manage over 10 clubs in a career.

Not exactly the repetitive nature of press conferences though. And as long as they have an effect on whether you can get the job, depending on the boards philosophies (which also could be expanded on).

Do you think people would find that as frustrating & tedious as press conferences?

Maybe no more frustrating & tedious as I would imagine they would be in the real football world? I think it's a good idea; each to their own I guess though.

Do you think people would find that as frustrating & tedious as press conferences?

Although I see where you're coming from, I disagree. I think it would be a great feature if it was added, but it would have to be done with more imagination than press conferences are. For all we know though, FM14 will see the inception of much better press conferences, and in turn perhaps interviews. I think as others have said, the press conferences are only so tedious because if you attend every single one, you'll be answering the same questions perhaps twice a week for 8 months. Upwards of sixty to seventy very repetitive lists of questions - that's bound to get frustrating. If this was limited in the beginning to a much smaller number - perhaps just when joining a club - then I don't think they would be anywhere near as poorly thought of as they are.

They'd still be poor mind.

I get the feeling it would just become a case of clicking the right options in order, the same as press conferences. People would figure it out pretty quickly.

I like the idea but think it would be very hard to capture the feel of a job interview.

I get the feeling it would just become a case of clicking the right options in order, the same as press conferences. People would figure it out pretty quickly.

I like the idea but think it would be very hard to capture the feel of a job interview.

I see the interviews maybe being as much for the user as for the job itself. How many times have you gone into a job and it isn't as you expected? I'd like to be able to go for an interview and have the club's vision detailed for me. At the moment all you get is your vague budgets and even vaguer philosophies. Maybe these philosophies should be fleshed out and put into something more substantial when a job offer comes in.

Job interviews would be a good addition if made correctly and tied in with a deeper and extended manager profile/background.

It should very much reflect the way job vacancies are filled in real life.

I.e. 1. You apply for the job (or are asked if you'd be interested by the club in question)

2. The club shortlists several managers based on applications

3. The club interviews each candidate

4. The interview includes typical questions. For example,

Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?

What vision would you have for the club if we made you manager?

What type of players would you look to buy?

What type of football would you like to play?

Basically, it would cover the different philosophies that boards can now ask of you.

5. The board gives you the chance to make requests. For example,

I would like £x amount of money to spend on transfers in my first season.

I would like the training facilities/youth facilities/stadium to be upgraded.

I would like to bring (list of current staff you work with or staff that have you as favourite people) with me when I join.

I would like this player signed for when I arrive, if possible.

I would like this player sold before I take over.

You wouldn't always get the job (bar your initial choice of club) and the club may not want you based on answers you've given or on previous roles. For example, if you have previously had a tendency to play long ball tactics, the board of Arsenal wouldn't necessarily want you as manager unless you could convince them you would alter your tactics to fit the technical players they have in their squad. Likewise, if you have an emphasis on buying hard-working aggressive players, a club that has always produced very skillful players with flair may not want you upsetting their traditional style by buying a bunch of thugs.

All in all, if the manager background and profile were developed further and had a greater bearing on what clubs thought of you, rather than just what you've won or achieved during your career, the interview process could become a very realistic part of the game and one which might actually make me want to switch clubs rather than not wanting to neglect the team I've taken up through the lower leagues.

Oh, and another thing that I've already seen mentioned is the development of the Director of Football/transfer target list.

You should be able to tell the DoF what positions you would like him to buy for (e.g. I want a back up GK, an attacking LB, a pacey RW and a Poacher ST). You should also be able to set a list of 5/10 transfer targets which you would order in terms of preference for different positions so the DoF doesn't buy all of them (or let us create multiple transfer target lists for different positions). This could even be done in a similar way to the scout filters (e.g. using AND/OR next to players within the transfer target list).

You should also be able to have the same player on the list multiple times for different transfers, e.g. I wanted to sign Kaka for Newcastle, so I added him to transfer target as a transfer. Then when that failed, I tried to get him on loan. If I could add Kaka to my TT list twice, once for transfer first and a second entry for a loan deal, it would save a bit of hassle and and give the DoF freedom to seek the loan deal as an alternative without me having to initiate it. Likewise, you may want to add someone to the list who is running out of contract, so seek to make a transfer first, and then if not, try to sign the player at the end of his contract.

lastly, it should be possible for the DoF to work on more than one transfer at the same time. I'm sure even Joe Kinnear can juggle 2 or 3 transfers simultaneously with some degree of success...

I have a couple of Ideas (apologies if already mentioned, dont have time to read 23 pages tbh :p)

1. when the board set your budgets you should have even more control e.g. you should be able to say " next season I would like X amount of pounds, if I was awarded this I would expect to do X,Y and Z.this would be much better than simply picking between 10M for European qualification or 15M to win the league.

2.Also when talking to the board you should be able to say something like "I'm considering leaving at the end of the season" and add a reason like "as I feel I have done all I can do" or "as you don't seem willing to invest enough money" etc... this could result in being given an ultimatum or being sacked instantly but could also result in the board trying to tempt you to stay with a more lucrative contract, larger budgets, new stadium or stadium expansion etc...

Also if people don't like the job interview idea enough, maybe just being able to give a reason why your right for the job when applying could be an alternative e.g. being able to say " I would like to be the manager of X team, I feel I would be a good choice because I could blood youth into the first team building a future for the club"

I've got 2 great ideas for the game both been talked about before but this how i would implement them

1) Job Interview

i think the interview should be more personalised towards the potential club. So if you have an interview at Chelsea you have questions about next season whereas if you were looking to manage arsenal the questions would be more focused on youth and long term. So if you said at the Chelsea interview that you thought in ten years you could rule the world you probably would not get the job but giving the same answer at the arsenal job you have a better chance.

Also it would give a better chance for weaker manager to persuade bigger clubs to chance there arm with term.Maybe you could say you don't need a luxury budget to succeed or saying you will stay loyal may persuadethem but may also cost you in the long term when you dont get a luxury budget or when you cant move to better club.But if your unsure whether to move or not it can also be an opportunity for the board to persuade you to come by them giving you a bigger budget or better facilities

Lastly the director of football role and staff responsibility's would play a big role aswell as some clubs may want a DOF and others wouldn't. If you're could enough to get the job and have good previous transfer experience then the club may change there mind but if you haven't then it maybe having a DOF or not having a club

2) Managing Youth/Reserve Teams

We can already appoint reserve/youth manager and can manger youth international team but why stop there it would be great to be able manager youth teams of club side. By managing a youth team e.g Man Citys U18 may be the start of a great career to work up the ranks at city or move off to other senior teams. It would be a great save also to keep bringing up youth players through a team and seeing where they go and maybe a small graghic to show what your best prodegy have gone on to do. You have of taught a ball d'or winner or a world cup winner and it all start by you

Also it would be great to see youngster below the age of 15. Maybe you might not see their stats or ability but just thier names and age. You might get a message saying one of your first team player think one of your youngster might reach the top and also your HOYD might sign some top young talent from rival clubs. because at the moment it feels all the players join you at 16 whereas in real life that is not the case

Other ideas

1) Chairman and Owner profiles- So you can see their background and Wealth. I hate it when you get new owners but you know nothing about them. May also say their type of personality or ambitions

2) More offers from AI - If you get promoted unexpectley or have a new superstar you should be bombarded with offers but instead it seem the only way out is by you going to clubs offering them the player

Don't know if this has already been mentioned (what a large thread - so many ideas and whishes). But I'd like a 'scaling' UI. Ever since I got a new laptop from my employer, the text size in FM13 has been too small for me to see. This laptop has a 1920x108 resolution on a 15" screen. So, it's super-clear and sharp, but when I'm using a web browser for example, I zoom in to 125-150% (ctrl+mouse scroll) so I can read everything.

This is a feature that has been ever-present in web browsers, Office applications, etc, but might be difficult to implement in FM, depending on the grafical engine that's used. Would be very much needed though, IMHO, given the ever increasing resolutions on ever smaller screens.

I'm pretty sure it's already been mentioned by someone somewhere else, but maybe the qualifications thing could be looked at too - possibly by inserting a 'coaching badge' module into the game that would limit the types of jobs on offer...and possibly extend the range of unedited/unmodded playable leagues down a level or two.

There'd be a need to include it as a feature to be turned on or off to allow for jumping in at big clubs though.

OK. Having had a think about it (how it might work in detail, etc, rather than it being a bit more pie in the sky):

First, SI would probably need to look at extending the available leagues, depending on the RL qualifications that are needed to manage at certain levels, and you'd start out with no qualifications (as some in-game staff do now).

For the game itself, you would activate the option (it could/should be left off by default) to 'Require coaching badges? Y/N'. You also start unemployed by default.

The game would automatically 'grey out' those jobs that you were not yet qualified to apply for, no matter what your starting rep (it doesn't matter; you still need the bits of paper, just as IRL - though a higher rep will naturally count for more once you are qualified. Again, just as IRL). If there were jobs that allowed to manage without qualifications, you could do that and 'enrol' on a Level 1 coaching course, being assessed in-game. If there are no such jobs available, you can do a course but you'd be given a group of greys at St George's (or your national academy or the club academy of your choice, i.e. Arsenal, PSG, Juve, etc.)

Naturally, the positions open at higher level clubs at the start of the game would be filled, but this would allow the game world to move on without you always being offered the same jobs on every career save, whilst leaving them open for those who didn't want to use the qualifications option.

The levels could be an in-game tutorial, allowing people to understand the mechanics of the game and explaining all options.

Level 1 would be basic stuff - elementary tactics (points towards the quals being accrued via results), setting very basic training instructions (which might, hopefully, sit alongside a reworked training module, which I outlined before), and suchlike, based on the relevant parts of the RL Level 1 coaching requirements.

Passing level 1 would open up jobs at the appropriate tier(s), allowing you to take level 2 with your club at a later date, or carry on with the academy approach if necessary (or required, depending on the leagues and tiers activated).

Level 2 would be more involved, exploring more complex tactical situations. These may not necessarily be in actual matches (though positive results could still count towards the required points total), but, in between games, you could get asked a few tactical questions using the tactics board and existing Q&A module (for example: 'You're 1-0 up with 10 minutes to play when your [whatever] goes down injured. You have no substitutions available. Do you W, X, Y, or Z?')

Level 2 opens up appropriate tiers, as before, and you should then be able to move into an available job (again, depending on the requirements set for management within each nation's league pyramid; so while you might not be able to get the vacant post at, say, Barrow, because you need at least a UEFA/Continental B licence, you could take the job at Ancona, Mulhouse or Montrose, again depending on the leagues selected, jobs available, and so on).

Level 3 (UEFA/Continental B) would be the last level you could take without having a job. The tactical, training and other questions would be more in depth and the points target higher, so it should take you 6-12 months in-game to earn the award.

Level 4/the A qualification would complete the tactical/training elements. You'd now understand the game mechanics, how things work relative to one another, the whole 'holistic' bundle. The points target would increase again, so it takes 9-15 months to attain the A badge.

The Pro licence would open everything and all levels, and would be based on points gained only. It should take 12 months to obtain as a minimum, and perhaps as long as 2 years. Outside of the time limits at all levels, the attempt would expire, allowing the game world to evolve further in the meantime.

As for the points...they could be set at different levels for different things/competences, as they are now for the Hall of Fame and Leaderboards (for those qualifying at academies/national training centres, the points accrued would not count towards your career totals). The tactical, training and other (i.e. press and player handling) Q&As would have answers deemed more 'correct' than others, even though none would be technically wrong, with the points awarded - and the running total - being hidden from player view.

Not only would a feature like this help new (and not so new!) players understand the game more, thus cutting down on if not eliminating forum rows, it also reflects RL and adds to the simulation effect (and those who don't want to use it don't have to, which should please the 'Give me more!' type of player/save as well as the more casual ones).

Sorry if many things have been already mentioned.

-the posibility for new transfered players to attend language courses (something like coaches' courses to get

continental license). Like A. Pardew asks his french players at Newcastle to learn english. For a better and faster

integration.

-the posibility to hire a new type of staff member: the psycologist. Especially for players with high controversy

attribute and quick tempered. I remember that I had once a very good regen striker who's very goal in life was to

deny my power.

-I want to see women referees

-Fans are currently too static. They must jump, scream. If a team scores a late goal, a crucial goal etc, fans must

come in numbers near the adboards.

-That should be a posibility to train wicker foot. Your posesion and passing game would look totally different.

-That should be a posibility to loan a player for two years

-I have one fixed idea: a way to highly improve an attribute: teamwork (no matter the position of the player)

- the posibility (in game and especially in the editor) for a team to move into a new stadium- a rented one. Like West Ham. They sell their own stadium to cover the debts and move to Olympic stadium, where they will pay 2,5m euros/year rent. That would be a good addition.

- one thing that I think needs much improvement is the stadium design. What i'd like to see: in the case of the

stadiums which are constructed with 4 different stands, the corners could be filled, not empty. There are this type of stadiums that have some sort of buildings in corners (you can't see outside of the stadium with the tv cam), or

corners filled with adboards. That would be nice visual. Another thing: the 4 different stands type stadiums should go beyond 20k capacity. They should go up even to 40k capacity.

Is that a way to see a type of design similar to the design of the Mardan Stadium from Antalya (the most beautiful

stadium in the world in my opinion)? I mean three tiers in a 8k capacity stadium?

Currently it seems that players only consider team reputation with regards to moving teams.

I would like to see league strength taken into consideration, players moving to lower prem teams as a "stepping stone"

I.e Gino Peruzzi moving to Sunderland would never happen on FM as it stands but in real life he is because he wants to play in the Premier League.

Also players that are young wonderkids should be available for less as they are yet to reach their potential.

again using Peruzzi as an example, he is going for 5m which is a lot of money for velez for a player yet to prove himself. Whereas on FM13 it takes bids in excess of 15m which is a tad unrealistic for a young unproven player.

Players will also take league reputation into account plus other aspects such as manager rep, nation rep & earning potential, you also need to consider that club rep is largely a product of success in continental competition, in the case of European clubs that can & rightly should result in players picking a higher rep club in a lower rep league on the basis that they provide better stepping stone due to exposure in the Champions League & maybe to a lesser extent the Europa League, this is certainly the case for players moving to Europe in search of fame & fortune.

Also I thought the Peruzzi move to Sunderland isn't quite a done deal & has tehre been any serious competition for his signature? Maybe not the best example.

The issue with the transfer fee comparison in FM is a combination of club wealth (the clubs with the best player do not really need to sell), players not being forceful enough in engineering a move & neither club or player thinking more than a season ahead. Would a promising player in South America really sign 3 year contract extension that includes a modest but not exactly European wage increase or would they push for the wage increase without the extra years tagged on?

Was watching the opening games of the Women's Euro 2013 while playing FM, and the question came to mind: How popular does the women's game have to become before it warrants inclusion in Football Manager? With more than 110000 tickets sold for the matches here in Sweden, this might be the time to capitalise on the growing interest. I'm sure it would generate publicity and attract more girls to play Football Manager. And I, for one, would be keen to take on the challenge of leading Everton LFC or my local Swedish team Göteborg FC to the Champions League trophy!

Was watching the opening games of the Women's Euro 2013 while playing FM, and the question came to mind: How popular does the women's game have to become before it warrants inclusion in Football Manager? With more than 110000 tickets sold for the matches here in Sweden, this might be the time to capitalise on the growing interest. I'm sure it would generate publicity and attract more girls to play Football Manager. And I, for one, would be keen to take on the challenge of leading Everton LFC or my local Swedish team Göteborg FC to the Champions League trophy!

It won't in the foreseeable future is the blunt answer.

There would be huge issues such as "How do you stop Man Utd signing that star female ST from Sweden?"

In the real world other than playing the same sport there are very few links between the mens & womens game.

In a long-standing issue with FM, I think unattached players retire too early. This is especially frustrating when you are managing lower down the leagues & don't have much money to spend. There are so many decent players retiring in their mid-to-late 20s (or even in their teens or early 20s) who could a job for your team.

In a long-standing issue with FM, I think unattached players retire too early. This is especially frustrating when you are managing lower down the leagues & don't have much money to spend. There are so many decent players retiring in their mid-to-late 20s (or even in their teens or early 20s) who could a job for your team.

Agreed. I think SI tried to fix this by making all unattached players over ~28 get staff attributes so as to not disappear. Makes sense on paper but really doesn't work at all in the game.

More clubs should sign unattached players, it often seems like once someone is unattached for a few months only human players even try. This help the obvious solution to your problem, which is to have unattached players drop their demands, which led to me signing England internationals Ince and Cleverly for St. Johnstone who had never progressed past CL group-stage.

A staff should negotiate contracts and transfers for you !

- He may guess how much may be needed

- Gamer may be asked a level which determines how cheap or guaranteed a transfer must be made by the staff

- Such staff may be present in big clubs and not in small clubs, user may need to hire that staff or may decide to hire a better staff; or that staff may be present in every club

- I guess in real such is mostly done by some board member... Negotiating everything does not feel good !

I hate negotiations.

A staff should negotiate contracts and transfers for you !

- He may guess how much may be needed

- Gamer may be asked a level which determines how cheap or guaranteed a transfer must be made by the staff

- Such staff may be present in big clubs and not in small clubs, user may need to hire that staff or may decide to hire a better staff; or that staff may be present in every club

- I guess in real such is mostly done by some board member... Negotiating everything does not feel good !

I hate negotiations.

Have you played FM13? Have you tried adding someone as a transfer target?

The system isn't perfect sure, but if it could work slightly better, it would be EXACTLY what you are asking for.

Any positive changes to the match atmosphere, audio or otherwise.

This...

A louder roar for a very late equaliser or winner. Louder jeers when the team is down at home. More variety, too, like two or three audios for each scenario so they dont grow old too fast.

Shouldn't be too hard to implement for FM 14, considering that FM in general is does not make use of so much audio.

It won't in the foreseeable future is the blunt answer.

There would be huge issues such as "How do you stop Man Utd signing that star female ST from Sweden?"

In the real world other than playing the same sport there are very few links between the mens & womens game.

Well they could have a different database, it's not beyond the realms of possibility. However, compared to the Men's game, there just isn't the same interest. It's a shame, but I think the Women's game will struggle to get past the sneering, patronising or ridiculing nature of most in this country. I also can't see it boosting sales enough to make it viable for SI in a business sense, when compared against the amount of work that would go into a women's database.

Any positive changes to the match atmosphere, audio or otherwise.

I doubt it'll change. The sound is not something many will hold as important to the game buuuuuut, is that because it's been neglected so much and is pretty terrible? If it was better, would it be used more? By some yes, but I personally wouldn't use it, as I never really have.

But gamer must still be able to decide how long a contract must last and if a ... fee release clause may be added and maybe a few other things, I think.

:)

So you want to negotiate the contracts but not negotiate the contracts?

I do kind of get what you mean though, it should be possible to give more specific instructions to the Add as a transfer Target list, or the other jobs that can be done by a DoF/Chairman etc

I would still mute the game & listen to music or 5Live while playing FM.

Yep. Not bothered with in-game sound since... I think it was CM3, when you used to get teams' actual chants when you played them (i.e. Newcastle, Liverpool, Aston Villa).

How anyone can claim 'rights' over these when you can hear them from the public highways outside, I don't know (and if anyone owns the chants at all, it's the fans, individually and collectively).

EDIT: I'd use it if it became immersive again, though.

So you want to negotiate the contracts but not negotiate the contracts?

I do kind of get what you mean though, it should be possible to give more specific instructions to the Add as a transfer Target list, or the other jobs that can be done by a DoF/Chairman etc

I think contract lengths, and such clauses are things that the manager should be directing, they are important; but probably real managers do not bother about determining the exact size of contract or transfer offers. I think what I wrote would be both more realistic and more fun.

Actually in the modern game I'd only expect that to be true of lower league sides & then only in certain countries, with the advent of FFP & a greater importance on financial stability I'd expect that contract & transfer matters are handle by chief executives &/or sporting directors.

A more realistic system at higher division clubs in England, Spain, Germany, Italy, Brazil, etc, etc would be for the manager to identify his targets but for someone else at the club to deal with all the paperwork including the transfer & contract value (this include length of contract), for various reasons that is not an approach I expect SI to take.

Make the full game able to be stream over network onto tablets. I know I can RDP to my own machine via wireless, but it isnt the same. I know I can get the app to play a streamlined version too. However I would like SI Games to introduce an app that is a visual representation of what the PC is running. PC does the grunt work, tablet displays. It runs ok on some RDP applications but when it comes to matches themselves the visual lag makes it unworkable really. Many a time I have just wanted to lay on the couch and play. I am talking LAN capability not WAN. There are lots of apps out their, mostly media, that have done the stream from PC interaction, it would be amazing if you guys could do it!! I would even pay for that app (not too much tho eh ?)

Actually want to take this idea off now as I have found a solution to play full FM on tablet and have posted in the handheld forum.

1. I think this is a good addition (not having every player you scout automatically added to your shortlist)....as Barside says in the thread shortlists are anything but short after a few seasons:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/356867-Don-t-add-scouted-players-to-shortlist...-can-it-be-done

2. I'd like to be able to filter staff searches to exclude staff who will never accept the role I'm looking for. If I am looking for an U18 manager or coach, if I could filter the list to show only those slightly or very interested in that particular role it would save a lot of drudge.

Dear Sports Interactive, can you please add the Assistant Pre match team talk advice screen again on fm 2014?

On FM 2012 there was an Advice tab on the Tactics screen that isn't there in FM 2013. This mean's there is no way to view the pre-match section of your assistant's feedback, which includes issues such as complacency and nervousness that are important to consider for your team talks, until after you have given your pre-match team talk and started the game.

Well i am talking about this screen from fm 2012: http://gratisupload.dk/vis_billede/687480/

The assistant manager gives you feedback PRE MATCH here, so i can give individual teamtalks to players who are complacency, having trouble to blend into squad etc. Information i need to know, so i can give my players the best possible teamtalk.

On fm 13 you only have this menu: http://gratisupload.dk/vis_billede/687482/ I cant find the assistant feedback pre match here..

BUT 1 sec after you click "Start match", a new menu shows up, and i can suddenly see the assistant manager feedback screen: http://gratisupload.dk/vis_billede/687481/

THE PROBLEM: Pre-match advice isn't actually visible before the match

Hi everyone, a couple of irritations which could be improved.

I am 13 points clear of Juventus in Serie A with 5 games to go. Antonio Conte releases a statement saying 'AC Milan don't really look like title challengers to me.' Just lowers the realism and would probably be an easy correction.

Also would like to not be instantly hated by rival managers. Always 'Has a fairly poor opinion of you.' I do nothing but say nice things about him and it doesn't change. Just because I manage AC Milan doesn't mean I can't be friends with Antonio Conte. Would like the ability to be rivals but friends.

More daily management job to do, say, before the season begins, the team will go abroad to play friendly games and start pre-season training, but some players are not back from holiday or still in injury or with national team, so they cannot be chosen to play the friendly, so you should be giving instructions on which players are attending the pre-season training and flying abroad together to play friendly matches; and so the youth players in reserve team and U19 team cannot be selected to play those friendly matches abroad. And daily training session should be more detailed as an option as much as possible to provide a chance for us to organize and conduct training personally.

t could be very good if the game has some role playing features..you are a manager at all and you should have some skills or attributes like old cm series.. charisma,loyalty,declamation skills,tactical knowledge,training hardiness and sometings like that ..

there should be more events like press conferences,charity organization,and pre-season ''training camps'' etc ... and this kind of events like press conference or charities may improve our attributes or opposite..but for doing this game has to anlyze our schoices very good and i dont think that works properly

I would like some actual useful assistant advice. In fact, I would like the assistant to basically tell my what strategy and shouts the opposition is using. I'm having a very hard time "reading" the match view to suss out the opponent's tactics, even when watching the match in full, and who has the time for that anyway? It would be nice to actually be able to respond to the opposition in a meaningful way.

The assistant advice at the moment is just random noise, and I just turn in off.

I would like some actual useful assistant advice. In fact, I would like the assistant to basically tell my what strategy and shouts the opposition is using. I'm having a very hard time "reading" the match view to suss out the opponent's tactics, even when watching the match in full, and who has the time for that anyway? It would be nice to actually be able to respond to the opposition in a meaningful way.

The assistant advice at the moment is just random noise, and I just turn in off.

That would be good. Instead of telling you a player looks exhausted after about 15 mins into a game and should be taken off.

Something else that needs changing. When players constantly asking about first team football. I'll tell them they're needed for cover. They say they understand and will wait for their chance then 2 weeks later back again or even worse they'll say but I need games even though they signed to play backup. Same with youth players asking to be loaned out. I tell them its best for their development to stay they agree and come back 2 weeks later. It gets really tiresome having to keep telling them. Should be able to tell them I'll let you know when you will be in the first team or loaned out. I bet fergie never had this problem..

I just want this made more realistic to real life management. Perhaps the following feature should be enabled by some kind of tick box at the game setup - clubs where the manager has next to no say in transfers. See Pardew at Newcastle for an example; all targets and subsequent negotiation is handled between the DoF and Chief Scout. I'd love this realism factor and many wouldn't as they enjoy the transfer aspect (hence why I feel it should be enabled). This could lead to personality (tactical preferences etc) clashes between scouts and directors (e.g. Graham Carr wants a number 10 style forward, DoF wants a big target man) and this clash has to be addressed by the owner in his decision over who to pursue.

Would love to criticise people in my press conferences, too. "Joe Kinnear has failed to bring in the striker that I want! Criticise him, not me!", and face the wrath of the MD/owner. It is an important step because this is how it is done in the modern world; it is the job of directors of football and scouts to collaborate and bring in signings, not managers.

Reduce the number of freak goals considerably. They appear to occur more frequently than is realistic - I've not seen one in the past four seasons at MK Dons but just had my third occur in one FM season. I'm not saying eliminate them altogether but make them very rare.

1) Add search filter for each specific staff role:

- I want to be able to search for only those staff currently employed as, or interested in the role of Under 18's coach, not have to trawl through the whole list of "coaches" to see who is currently an U-18's coach and who isn't.

2) Add women's teams to the game. As the FM series has gone on, the clubs have become more descriptive and the detail level for clubs have been expanding and expanding. This is an area I think it could be improved on, especially as the Women's game now has a more professional feel to it IRL these days.

3a) Staff transfers. At the moment, staff just stay at the same club with other managers not trying to pinch your staff from you: e.g. "Team Y manager Dave Smith has made an approach to Tony Paul for the role of First Team Coach". This DID get out of hand in previous versions, where you were lucky to keep hold of your staff for more than a season without having to constantly offer them bew contracts but appears to have disappeared in FM2013 altogether.

3b) Staff should be able to apply for roles at clubs even if you haven't put and ad out for one: e.g. "You have recieved an application from Paul Smith who has expressed an interest in joing your club as a scout". They should also be able to leave the club without the manager having to leave also: e.g "Tony Smith is unhappy with the formation/progress/lack of increase in reputation and has left the club to seek a higher-rep club"

4) it's been mentioned before, but the idea of sending your coaches/assistants/sub-team managers/scouts on training courses to increase their reputation sounds a bright idea. Saw an article in the paper about the manager of Guam, Gary White who holds a FIFA Elite Coaching qualification, higher than most Premier League Managers

Well Im network player so i have some ideas in this.

1.You know, there is 20 ppl in our network league, so the process of game is: we play one match, than everyone leaves the game, and server moves forward to next game, and than we join the game again and play match and than leave ... etc. Is there anyway to improve this? But I know that this is very hard to do, because server have to stop on player registration and other things.

2.Streaming. Since steam cooperated with twitch, it will be nice to see ingame streaming option. Because sometimes we play supercup, cup finals in our network league, so it will be useful to just watch it on stream service, maybe invite someone to see with, instead of watching ingame because its often makes some glitches and other bad stuff.

Sorry for bad english and thanks in advance for reading this.

1. The ability to differentiate free kick takers between direct and indirect. I have one central midfielder with great long shots and free kicks, and a winger with great crossing and free kicks. I want the winger to whip in crosses from wide positions and the centre mid to be taking them around the box with a view to a shot.

2. Players still seem happy to sit on a long term contract without wanting improved terms, if you're flying up the leagues. I have a regen st who just came runner up in the ballon d'or but has been on 50k a week for 3 years and isn't banging down the door wanting more. Yes, we're a successful CL club, but he could move to Man U/Man C/Barca etc and get 3 or 4x what I'm paying him.

3. Injuries; why in-game can I not tell what the injury is? Why can't it tell me, a bruised shin or a broken leg? A cut or a pulled muscle? A sprain or a ligament rupture? When it's a green injury in particular, I feel we should know so we can make an educated decision whether to sub him off or not.

4. I'd like to see the media improve too - the media stuff is all in the game (tapping up players, press conferences, match reports etc) but the match report in particular is still very, very basic. Tell me Rooney headed in Giggs' corner or Walcott slid home from a Wilshere through ball. At the moment it's just "Rooney scored a header on 34 minutes. Walcott scored a placed shot on 62 minutes." It's very basic. I'd like to see clear cut chances/key incidents described as well as goals too - "Aston Villa nearly equalised on the half hour mark as Benteke rattled the post with an 18 yard volley". And please for the love of God, if a keeper scores an own goal, sort it out. "Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina suffered the embarrassment of scoring past his own keeper"...it's facepalm material. I'm not an expert but I feel like this shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

In comparison. If im searching for a player to compare say a striker why doesn't it just have strikers instead of every other player in my squad. If its midfielders then show them. Wouldn't it be great to be able to create your own free kick set pieces. Not sure its possible to implement but maybe one day.

Archived