What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

Can we make it so that job adverts are automatically removed when the full quota of staff is met, and not just when 1 appointment is made.

Annoying when you have 6 spaces to fill, offer contracts to 3 or 4 from the first responses to the advert, hit keep advert running.

Then when the first one joins the advert is removed.

Fix it please

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The solution: The Tactic Creator should have a defensive phase (team/positioning/roles/runs) screen and an attack phase (team/positioning/roles/runs) screen like they have defending and attacking set piece screens. Not a great comparison since one is a necessity and the other is not, but the idea is clear. - Tactikzz

Regarding training and tactic, it's something already submitted.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/343040-Tactics-Creator-vs.-Classic-Tactics?p=8495905&viewfull=1#post8495905

A very very marginal thing: it will be nice touch if the interface/skin mirrors the actual situation you're playing. It's not a detailed and important idea but when your job is not safe or you're at the last minutes of an important match that it's not decided, some elements might become darker or reflect somehow the situation. When you've won an important match or tropht or you've made a great sign or there's a very positive event, the interface will become brighter or more colourful in some elements.

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but I think I probably speak for all the Mac users when I say we'd love to see proper use of OS X features such as full screen (and maybe even gestures) in the next FM.

Personally I'm also really hoping for "retina" compatibility. Would love to see a crystal clear version of FM.

Obligatory 'not sure if it's been mentioned, because I clicked straight to Page 17', but please consider adding the following:

1) The game maintains an almanac of a) 'great' players and b) (all) your players. This almanac would cover most - if not all - of the statistics that can be seen under the Squad -> Statistics -> Customized View function. This gives the game a historicity for careerists, who can then compare the performance of their defenders from 2014 to those of 2030 etc. Currently, I have to maintain a manually updated stats database (and take a picture of players' attributes at ages 27-28 to get a snapshot for later comparison), which is time consuming.

Objections:

i) There's already a 'Retired players' section with some information. -> True. But I personally find it difficult to judge any player on Goals/Apps alone.

ii) This would be difficult to implement. -> Why? If Draft Day Pro, Professional Football Simulator, Front Office 2007 and a dozen other small market, small development team management simulations can do it, why not FM?

2) Lists for Leading Performers. In any given league, a player can view the leaders for many statistical categories through already implemented functions (the League 'Player Stats' tab). However, where's the inter-league equivalent? Why not compile these lists regionally and/or globally (or in those leagues the player has loaded)? Such lists (and news items based on such lists) would give players a greater sense of 'connectivity' to the rest of the simulated universe. Generally, in my career games, I don't take the time to smell the roses, if you know what I mean. I work through my ~60 game schedule, and only intermittently check on who's doing what in my league. There's a sense of disconnect. If I knew more about the exploits of other teams' players at a click, it would make me follow what's happening more closely.

2) b) News items based on said lists and related stats. I'd love to see in depth statistical analyses within the game itself. And I don't see why this would be difficult to implement? For example, a news article might take the top three strikers in Europe/EPL/whatever and compare their goals scored, goals per minute, assists, dribbles, distance covered etc. A template four or five paragraph news article could cover this entire analysis. It's the kind of stuff I enjoy reading when I visit ESPN Soccer, or Football365 or the Guardian's football section. Instead of me taking fifteen minutes to hunt down this info and make my own comparisons, the game would do it for me in seconds.

Side-effect: If such lists and news items were implemented, I can absolutely see a mini-revolution in the way we conduct scouting in FM. Consider: Many modern players rise to prominence on the back of a particularly productive season. Such players in FM often 'disappear' from the player's view, because that's not how scouting is done within the systems established by the game. Instead, we hunt by attributes and star ratings. A 19-year old with a 4-star rating and a 6.79 average performance rating is a better investment than a 23-year old with a 2-star rating and a 7.44 average rating. Maybe so, in some cases. In real life, that 23-year old would be the better bet, every time. Suddenly, questions would arise about the true ability of a 22-year old striker on a 12-in-12 purple patch, regardless of star rating. What a boon this would be to players using the 'Masked Attributes' option.

Another idea from me

injury proneness as a visible attribute or at least the scout report says how prone a player is

Scouts already sometimes let you know if the player is particularly injury prone. You can just see the injury history of the player in any case, which will give you an indication of his injury proneness.

Scouts already sometimes let you know if the player is particularly injury prone. You can just see the injury history of the player in any case, which will give you an indication of his injury proneness.

This. While I can see why showing this stat could be useful, you can see from most threads in the good player and team guide that most people sign the same people every game already as it is, adding the Abou Diaby stat in would further limit peoples signings as they'd know instantly who to reject on that basis. I'm not sure we should even have a stat for injury proneness (sp?) but indeed have it as a combination/calculation of natural fitness, strength, fatigue and condition.

It would be nice to have more detailed medical reports of players rather than just the "failed medical" because he's blatantly recovering from a broken leg etc. Even those that pass could be highlighted as having particular susceptibility to injury. That way you know if you hit accept that you're taking that risk.

A balanced, realistic transfer system. I'm tired of having to bid 43m for some Mexican kid that I found after putting together a good scouting team, it has been particularly prevalent in this years version. Players can stay at a South American club their whole career on pittance because the game doesn't want to sell you them at a realistic price. It's particularly galling when you notice these players will request transfers and try to at least force a move at a decent price only if AI clubs become involved, the amount of times a player has moved to a club at the price I bid on a few weeks after I'm done with my business is stupid.

A balanced, realistic transfer system. I'm tired of having to bid 43m for some Mexican kid that I found after putting together a good scouting team, it has been particularly prevalent in this years version. Players can stay at a South American club their whole career on pittance because the game doesn't want to sell you them at a realistic price. It's particularly galling when you notice these players will request transfers and try to at least force a move at a decent price only if AI clubs become involved, the amount of times a player has moved to a club at the price I bid on a few weeks after I'm done with my business is stupid.

There hasn't exactly been an exodus from Brazil recently, with IRL Neymar, Leandro Damiao, Ganso, all staying in place in Brazil due to not only not wanting to leave but also due to Brazilian clubs don't want to sell them at a 'realistic' price. The game has reflected this, the days of the top Brazilian players being whisked out of the country appear to be over IRL too.

Whilst I accept that in some instances it is unrealistic when clubs turn down more than their entire value for a player, based on your description of the issue it simply sounds to me like you could be using the transfer market better. If you think you need to spend £43 million on a player you are simply wrong. If you are a club with a good scouting team you can buy kids with 5 star PA at a CL winning team for under £5 million each. Even if you cannot sign every single 5 star PA player like this, you can still buy at least 10-20 per season with a top club and then sell on the ones who don't fully develop for a massive profit. If you think players only force transfers when AI clubs get involved then you aren't doing media comments right, and with the notifications system you can match any AI bid in time anyway.

The transfer system needs a lot of work, but your reasons don't convince me of anything.

1. I would like to see more detailed picutre of merchandise sold. For ex - how many shirts of a particular player sold

2. An insight into youth academy, control the youth recruitment network by yourself(at root level).

3. A visual way to train match preperation may be using match engine

4. Choose and create your training setups, with each setup consuming some training time and each player has a limited training time

5. A video tour of the stadium, trophies, players, staff etc

Some good ideas here that I would like to see, and some dont seem that hard to do.

Stats, stats and more stats: Always seems easy to do and add a nice feel to the game, A rework of the records page would be nice, rather than just the top player on each stat( league appearance/goals. youngest/oldest player/goalscorer etc) Have a list of the top ten(or more) of each. IRL we always hear about how some player has passed out number x on the top ten goal scorers or appearances. Be nice for bits of news articles that your newgen has reached number 9 in the top ten players in only 4 years ect, also for a lot of teams its very difficult to beat the records as the amount of league games in a season has dropped.

Scouting: As people have mentioned you tend to go with the 4* teenager vs the twentysomething regular on the star system alone. Not too sure how to fix this but i was thinking depending on how good your scout is, rather than getting a perfect view of the player you scouted you get a estimate or a range, so you scout a 23yr old playing regularly you get a small range say finishing is 18 you get a range 16-19 dribbling is 16 you get a range 14-17. But you scout a 18yr old not playing much you get a bigger range, finishing is 15 you get 10-18, dribbling is 14 you get 9-16. Requiring you to scout more or really think about if he is worth the risk. And the closer to home the player is the more accurate they account, so you a player getting football in the same league as you you are more sure of their stats, fits in with real life where we regularly see teams buying premiership players as "they know the league"

Form:This ties into the scouting attributes range, if you scout players who are on a great run of form, or you scout a player based on one match where they got a hat-trick they could have some stats estimated too high, so that 18-20 composure you see from that hat trick match soon drops to 14-17 after seeing his next 5 games where he misses changes and only gets 2 goals in 5 games. On the flip side that player who was suffering a confidence loss and hasn't scored in ten hours your scouts recon his finishing and composure show up at 8-13 when in reality they are closer to 15. So it would make you think more and actually spend time looking at players history to see if this great season is a fluke or if he is doing it year in year out. Maybe this could tie into your own players too where a sub that is hitting form gets a boost to stats that make you think about giving him that start.

Youth:Not too sure the best way to do this but even a small indication of the players at the youth accadamy would be nice, so that you know not to buy that 17yr old SC as there is a promsing youth canditate coming though

I would like to see a change to how you set player instructions, so that you can set them for each individual player and not the position within your tactics. I'm tired of having to set player instructions every time I make a sub. I'd like to be able to set instructions for a player so that, for example, a winger will always play as a winger, even if the player he's replacing is a wide midfielder.

Obviously there might be times when you play a player out of position, and you would still need to correct this, but currently if a target man replaces a poacher there is a lot of unecessary clicking to give him the right instructions.

...rather than getting a perfect view of the player you scouted you get a estimate or a range

I like this idea.

I would like to see a change to how you set player instructions, so that you can set them for each individual player and not the position within your tactics. I'm tired of having to set player instructions every time I make a sub. I'd like to be able to set instructions for a player so that, for example, a winger will always play as a winger, even if the player he's replacing is a wide midfielder.

I agree with this. If possible i would like it to change the way the other players play too. For example if you bring a different type of striker on the instructions like 'pass to feet' or 'pass to head' could also change to fit the sub without me having to change it every time.

a) review of lectures to players and private chating, most important review of press conferences and comments by the Ass.Man during the match

b) bench instructions to players during the match to motivate them or correct mistakes

c) runs from deep are forward / verticaly moves without the ball... players should be able to move horizontaly

d) collective and individual instructions when the team is attacking... and defending

e) review of reports about opponent... a scout with with a tactic knowledge attribute of 17 or 18 cannot tell me only the date of foundation of club opponent

At least these ones

c) runs from deep are forward / verticaly moves without the ball... players should be able to move horizontaly

They can already, it's called move into channels (which is basically looking for space between for example a full back and a central defender) or roaming.

e) review of reports about opponent... a scout with with a tactic knowledge attribute of 17 or 18 cannot tell me only the date of foundation of club opponent

Exists already. If you click on team report you get a gazillion tabs about the opposing team, with information about squad depth, (types of) goals and assists made, types of goals conceded, tactics used and faced and the results against said tactics, an overview of their last played game and a comparison tab with your own team.

They can already, it's called move into channels (which is basically looking for space between for example a full back and a central defender) or roaming.

Exists already. If you click on team report you get a gazillion tabs about the opposing team, with information about squad depth, (types of) goals and assists made, types of goals conceded, tactics used and faced and the results against said tactics, an overview of their last played game and a comparison tab with your own team.

Well, it does not work to all positions and also looking for the space between two defenders is not the same of moving horizontaly. If midfielders are moving into channels are they also looking for the space between the FB and CB or they look for space between opponent midfielders ?

Yes I know that, but I do not understand the advantage of knowing the foundation date of the club when it could be more useful getting some advice... this already happens with a few reports, occasionaly the scout suggests training attacking movement or defensive.

I want the simulation of "luckiness".

I think there should be limitation of good luck or bad luck for serious events.

Torn calf muscle injury, missing penalties, direct red card for violent behavior, scoring by fluke (crossing goal), long shot goal...

Before starting a game, Match Engine will randomized the luckiness of each team.

All good or bad event will happen in the limitation of their good / bad luckiness.

I think this idea will help reduce multiple major injuries of star players in one game.

Different motivation system for GK?

In current ME, when opponents just try easy shots on target, GK becomes a Yashin.

At the second half, the GK will defend any brilliant shots.

(In my unproven observational theory, this happens for determination 16+ and high eccentricity GK.)

In my point of view, GK's mental status should be different with other players.

Because his mistake is most serious, he should be in more tension.

Even though he defended multiple easy shots in 1st half, he shouldn't be able to defend any excellent shots.

How about evasive move for low bravery, high composure, high anticipation players?

Low bravery players are always targets for hard tackle.

The hard tackling makes these players injury prone in actual playing.

Adding evasive move to these players might decrease too many injuries for low bravery players.

Much more stress or mental pressure for too defensive tactics.

AI managers prefer more defensive style against player or world class team.

This is somewhat understandable, but defensive style should have more drawbacks.

Something like more mental stress for defenders or low motivation for creative and aggressive players?

AI manager should count this drawbacks and not always prefer defensive approach.

1) AI Mazzarri use 3-4-2-1 against Player' Juventus 5-3-2

2) AI Mazzarri use 3-4-1-2 (Napoli's main style) against AI Conte's Juventus 5-3-2

AI Mourinho prefers Arbeloa to Marcelo / Coentrao as Left back and Ramos to Arbeloa as Right back.

I play as Man Utd, and would like to sign players from Liverpool or Man City, as soon as a player goes there they are unrealistic targets, if they leave to anoyhter club, I can buy them (I could by Ballotelli off AC Milan for example), I also have the handheld version of FM and it seems i can buy players from those clubs, having seen Hart and Zabaleta on the searches. Tevez is being forced out at city, I cant sign't him at all.

just seems unrealisitc as a few players i want went to these clubs and i have zero chance of signing them.

This is really nitpicky, because it probably only saves seconds at best, and at worst merely saves an epidemic at your club if you miss the news item....

....but I'd like to see in 'staff responsibilities' the option to tell your head physio to ALWAYS "leave to physio" and "send home" regardless.

It's the only 2 options I've ever clicked since it was introduced. If you sometimes want to give the guy injections (personally I never have) then obviously you'd not give these instructions but the option to do so would be nice.

I only say it because like a numpty, I missed a news item telling me one of my players has a virus and 'made' him continue coming in to work. Whatever it was it was smallpox contagious. Half my first 11 later.... :D

Any idea why the offside replay was removed?

There are a lot of pretty close looking offside calls (and some where you are downright baffled) that I'd like to see again.

You can get them back. On the match screen, go to the "settings" drop down at the top right of the screen. There on the list you will see "replays" about half way down. You have the option to get replays of "none", "goals", "goal action" and "highlights". Disallowed goals/offside should be under "goal action" iirc.

1, allow us to pick reserve team line-ups! This would be so helpful is not only progressing certain players but allows more flexibility in getting first teamers back up to fitness. Its ridiculous this was taken out the game and not put back in. I'd love to be able to save line-ups for my reserve team games also if you have large numbers at the club - which takes me on to number 2...

2, foreign clubs have their first team, reserve and U18 squads, but also other type of squad categories. I'd like the option to introduce other squad sections to my English club, just as way of organisation. Give it your own name, say 'developmental squad' and run by someone other than your AssMan. When you're a long time at a club and have developed a very large youth development structure, just being limited to first team and reserve team is too restrictive, especially when you can't pick reserve team line-ups and have thirty 19-20 year olds plus your bench warmers looking to play games. You can have two reserve team games in two days thinking all the reserves will get a chance to start, but no, the AssMan will pick the same starting XI.

3, Sometimes you can have a club play reserve team games at 'home', sometimes in the stadium, sometimes in a local sports field etc. Could we not hsve the choice to always play at the sports field? It helps with keeping the stadium pitch in top condition. O never enter reserve leagues and play my reserve friendlies away every time for this reason.

2, foreign clubs have their first team, reserve and U18 squads, but also other type of squad categories. I'd like the option to introduce other squad sections to my English club, just as way of organisation. Give it your own name, say 'developmental squad' and run by someone other than your AssMan. When you're a long time at a club and have developed a very large youth development structure, just being limited to first team and reserve team is too restrictive, especially when you can't pick reserve team line-ups and have thirty 19-20 year olds plus your bench warmers looking to play games. You can have two reserve team games in two days thinking all the reserves will get a chance to start, but no, the AssMan will pick the same starting XI.

Sounds like you have too many 19-20 yo's

I'd like to see more focus on partnerships, particularly in central defence and midfield. For instance instead of having a duo of (B2B,BWM) you could have a 'Double pivot' option where the midfielders took turns playing those roles. Staying back when the other went forward and visa versa.

Pay as you play and reward based contracts that work would be nice. Example in a hotseat game in the German 2nd division my friend is trying to get a 3.5* 33yr old CD he wants first team at 3.5k a aweek, he has limited wages so doesn't want a 33yr old getting that much even tho he probably would get some games so offers him £500pw with 7k appearance fee + team of the year and promotion bonus. But as it seems in FM common sense doesn't have a stat and the player refuses it. Not only that I have noticed players rejecting massive bonus based contracts, then accepting wages that wouldn't even be half of what they would get if the made an appearance never mind score/ other bonus.

Maybe even have a separate contract type, that is purely reward based for older or injury prone players. That and have a Sub keeper role in contracts. IRL 2nd choice keepers know that they are 2nd choice and if they sign for a club as such they will get very limited game time. Same should be in FM, I find that the backup role doesn't fit well with keepers as even backup players expect some game time and a backup outfield player vs a back up keeper usually has a big difference

Sounds like you have too many 19-20 yo's

When you have zero cash and need to keep in the Prem, a solid and large youth system is the way to go. I could loan out 20 players like RL Chelsea... but I don't want to do that out of circumstance.

Hello everyone,

Yesterday, May 5 I sent a suggestion list to Sports Interactive about new features that could be on the next Football Manager. They responded me back in less than 24 hours and they told me to dicuss it with the Forums.

Here you have the mail I sent:

Hi, i would like to recommend some new features that could be included in the new Football Manager which might cause fun for the people who enjoy the game:

1) A family or something similar to it. Why do you have to sign contracts and in what do you use the to? In the family you can buy a house, a car or things that you can invest money on.

2) More realistic sponsorships for highly known clubs and you can deal the offers from sponsors. If you sign a contract of a shirt sponsorship with Real Madrid and you receive only 2.1M in the year you feel awkward and if you receive like 15M you will be like Ok, fine.

3) Win money as an International coach: Normally the international coaches win money and in the game you cant

4) Choose next coach: If you have been a ``succesful manager´´you can ask your Chairman if you can choose the next coach.

5) You can arrange the change of the stadium´s name: if you want to win money by changing the stadiums name to a sponsor. Example Borusia Dortmund-Signal Induna Park

6) You can let you supporters come to see the training of the team

7) Real agents (footballers and coaches) YOu will receive offers from them

8) When you tell the bosses to buy a player they can also use monthly paying.

9) More variety of questions in the press conference

Match Engine:

1)You can do a loab goal.

Alfonso.

I´m waiting for your response. THANK YOU

Hello everyone,

Yesterday, May 5 I sent a suggestion list to Sports Interactive about new features that could be on the next Football Manager. They responded me back in less than 24 hours and they told me to dicuss it with the Forums.

Here you have the mail I sent:

Hi, i would like to recommend some new features that could be included in the new Football Manager which might cause fun for the people who enjoy the game:

1) A family or something similar to it. Why do you have to sign contracts and in what do you use the to? In the family you can buy a house, a car or things that you can invest money on.

2) More realistic sponsorships for highly known clubs and you can deal the offers from sponsors. If you sign a contract of a shirt sponsorship with Real Madrid and you receive only 2.1M in the year you feel awkward and if you receive like 15M you will be like Ok, fine.

3) Win money as an International coach: Normally the international coaches win money and in the game you cant

4) Choose next coach: If you have been a ``succesful manager´´you can ask your Chairman if you can choose the next coach.

5) You can arrange the change of the stadium´s name: if you want to win money by changing the stadiums name to a sponsor. Example Borusia Dortmund-Signal Induna Park

6) You can let you supporters come to see the training of the team

7) Real agents (footballers and coaches) YOu will receive offers from them

8) When you tell the bosses to buy a player they can also use monthly paying.

9) More variety of questions in the press conference

Match Engine:

1)You can do a loab goal.

Alfonso.

I´m waiting for your response. THANK YOU

1)SI will never let you spend managers wages, what would be the point? What they currently do is affect weather another team are likely to offer you a job and your security in your current job.

2/5)I would like to see more realistic sponsorship like stadium renaming and pre season tours affecting fan base and therefore income however this wouldn't really be something the manager deals with.

6)I guess this can happen IRL but i'm not sure what it would add to the game.

9)More press conference responses is a must.

Improvement for TC to see more realistic goal scoring stats.

How about attacking priority system?

example1> 1. Messsi 2. Villa 3. Iniesta

example2> Messi (60%) Villa (30%) Iniesta (10%)

or just make sure ME to recognized Attack duty players as a main attacking option.

I think there should be a complete revamp in the press conference questions. At least post match. I think the first thing you should be asked is, 'Firstly your thoughts on the game?' Then you will be able to pick what you want to say, i.e. we were brilliant today, we were terrible, or we've been robbed. The ref was rubbish. I think you should highlight your main thoughts on the game first, then they can ask questions from there.

Another thing I would like to see added is a big part of the game is sponsorship and corporate commitments, will you be a manager who lets players do a lot of sponsorship stuff, and allow them a great amount of public exposure or will you keep them on a leash. You should have to make sure they have a minimum amount of exposure to keep board and sponsors happy, but ultimately you want to control that, as too much can become detrimental.

A small issue that also has to be addressed is fining players. Just played a game where a player got two yellows in the first half an hour. I fine him and he is unhappy, that is ridiculous he should accept it for getting sent off so early. Secondly I think you should be able to speak to players about their disciplinary record if they are accumulating too many yellows, and fine them if it continues. lastly I have had players sent off mainly neymar, and the second yellow has been for a dive. Surely few players are that stupid.

Also I think they need to add a graphic, of the manager in the game and I think you should be able to sit there and show expressions during the game which has an affect on players. I.e. you will come onto the touchline and clap praise, celebrate goals, or shout and be angry to spurr them on. Shout encouragement. Or alternatively sit down calm. Obviously if you are always angry and shouting the media pick up on it, if results are going bad and they might write a report stating you're losing it. Secondly you should be able to make a quick shout to your players when you win a penalty and say, let another player take it. Especially when the last guy has already missed one that game.

Improvement for ME to see more realistic goal scoring stats.

My opinion. The proportion of headed goals scored is way too low, mainly because:

a) it's very difficult to get a winger to run down the line, and then cross a ball into the box from the byline that can be headed by a striker

and b) it's very difficult to score a normal headed goal from a corner. It's near post or nothing at the moment.

Secondly you should be able to make a quick shout to your players when you win a penalty and say, let another player take it. Especially when the last guy has already missed one that game.
Think the Brentford manager would disagree with that having a 100% success rate

a Penalty Saving attribute for Keppers

Saving penalties is now a combination of a few attributes, I believe it includes Anticipation, Jumping/Agility and Reflexes.

Would quite like to see players "use skill to beat their opponent" as a PPM. Maybe the taboo "Dives often" PPM, though im not sure how officials feel on diving being part of a game.

Diving is already in the game, so I guess it wouldn't be a problem.

I just had a brainfart. Maybe this has been said already but how a about a mobile app that allows you to tinker tactics, set pieces etc. So instead of just thinking about it all day you could fool around creating different tactis while on the can, in the train or at work....

Testimonials would be good, or even just a mention on the managers news feed when a certain player gets to 10 years at a club.

This next one mite be a bit far fetched but more communication in contract negotiations, a conversation style negotiation. So when the agent puts in their first offer you can click on a button similar to a press conference but it would say something along the lines of " your offer is completely unreasonable for your players ability".

Archived