What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

I agree with an earlier post on the option to completely turn off talking to the media in press conferences . I know that for real managers have to attend them but they do not have to give a reply from a set of answers every time .

This years addition of the tone of the voice to me was a complete waste of time . It just leads to those stupid comments that manager (BLA BLA) has been known to repsond in a calm or passionate tone usually . I have yet to see any indication whatsoever anywhere that my responses to the questions make the slightest bit of difference . I even got bored once and slated the team every chance in the press for two months and said they needed to buck their ideas up every time even when winning and they were still all happy at the end of it .

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They read this thread constantly and anything they consider worthy of consideration gets added to the (very long) list of potential changes to the game for the future.

They rarely enter into discussion unless they need something clarified, they don't need to for the purpose of this thread to be achieved and they certainly aren't going to intimate here whether or not individual suggestions are planned to be included, though they do often give retrospective credit when they are.

Bear in mind FM14 features have already been decided too.

i hope your are right all, but not in FM14 features.

i still think FM13 missed some important features.

Personally, what I'd most like to see is more behind the scenes and interpersonal stuff. Improvements to tutoring, team talks, private chats, and so on. More feedback from and about the players, instead of them just acting confused after a team talk etc.

More player management, instead of just tactics and matches.

More manager-to-manager interaction and mind games. The AI managers rarely talk about you in this version. Even if you go around winning all the trophies. They used to be a lot more chatty in FM12.

And it'd be great to have a better idea of how well the players get along. As a manager, I should be able to tell if someone is disturbing the team spirit...or at least my assistants should point it out.

It would be great to choose a start date on the calendar rather than when a league start date decides (eg England July start date brazil December start date)... So you could randomly choose 15th march 2014 or whatever you want.

Also would be great to be able to change kit as seasons go on and design your own kit (as you can do in the editor) in game

I would like some of the mistakes in player conversations to be fixed.

Just now when you ask a player who is homesick if they want you to get someone in to help them settle, this automatically constitutes a promise, despite the text of the conversation not suggesting that at all. This means that the player gets unhappy if you don't bring the recommended player in, even if they are someone ridiculous.

Either make it not a promise, or change the text of the convo so it is clearly a promise.

The option of a contract clause the gives a percentage of players sponsorship income to the club like Real Madrid have at the moment. Also a season by season update of the most profitable players. This would add a transfers.

Real Madrid supposedly made an extra €28 million a year through signing Beckham.

Youth coaches search option

Several years ago you had the option of searching for a youth coach in the staff search. This made it much easier to find youth coaches. In FM 13 and several previous editions, you must attempt to sign a youth coach, but very few have any interest of coaching youths and only accept a regular coaching job. Whereas previously when searching specifically for youth coaches, almost all coaches generated by the search engine accepted youth coach roles, although (if I can remember correctly) there was the odd coach that still only accepted regular coaching roles (not all that frequent to make it irritating/time consuming). It is thus much more time consuming to sign youth coaches nowadays than it was perhaps 5 or so years ago.

What I would like to see added is a feature on the Player screen which shows the players value over their playing career. A graph would be the best method of doing so. Benefits of having this feature is that as the manager, it allows you to see the progress of players. One other benefit would be when you're looking at players who have signed for other clubs, you could compare the transfer fee with the players value at the time.

Quick mock up design:

valuen.jpg

It's impossible to get a true AI ( they don't exist yet ) or even a mock AI sophisticated enough to mimic true AI in a game of this complexity ( they do exist but don't even ask the price ). However, it is possible to code in a few simple routines that would fix some of the nonsence seen time and again in the game. As a couple of examples: The board being unhappy because you are seventh in the league and not recognising that you have four games in hand, which if won would take you to the top. The board being unhappy because a team in a division three higher than you knocked you out of a cup competition. Chairman or DoF giving a player a contract that takes your wage bill over the maximum set by the board and then the board being unhappy that you are over the wage budget. etc. etc.

Stuff like this is easilly fixed by a few checking routines so how about adding them for FM14?

It would be great to choose a start date on the calendar rather than when a league start date decides (eg England July start date brazil December start date)... So you could randomly choose 15th march 2014 or whatever you want.

Also would be great to be able to change kit as seasons go on and design your own kit (as you can do in the editor) in game

easy to do just create a manager then holiday till desired date(you can do something else while waiting)then retire manager and create a new as normal(or keep it if you want to 'start' unemployed)

More of a suggestion, idea, than a wishful feature. Something that could completely change the landscape of Football Manager. In a nutshell it involves power-ups, Steam Trading and 'trading cards'. Bare with me.

So a user is playing a game of FM, and let's say he wins the UEFA Champions League. The game awards the user with a 'trading card'. I use the term loosely, I stress that it is NOT something that is used in a card game but a visual representation of a power-up that the user is awarded for his accomplishment which he can either use himself or to trade with other FM users over Steam. The 'trading card' could be, for example, a Morale Booster, one use, can be used in Team Meetings, Pre-Match, Half Time Talks or Post-Match to boost the morale of the squad/team. Another 'trading card' could be given to the user for winning the U20 FIFA World Cup, which could be used one time to increase the potential of a youth player. Possible include an aggressive power up, which can be used to hurt the morale of an opponent's player before you're big clash, which could have repercussions on your reputation (giving you the label of Outspoke, similar to when you question referees one too many times).

There is a wide assortment of power-ups you could create. The next step would be being able to bundle them into Booster Packs, much like trading cards are at retail. Which could be award for completing the newly introduced challenges the first time round. You could monetize it, make a cash shop where user's could buy a Booster Pack for a few pounds, which would contain any number of power-ups inside, where they can either use them themselves or trade/gift them with other FM users. You could build up a large online community involved in trading for these 'trading cards', similar to how Valve's Team Fortress 2 community trade's the vanity hats. It would give added incentive for users to communicate with each other over Steam. It would add an additional addictiveness layer to the game, possibly with some sort of collection/achievement level added to it. People love to collect things!

How the power-ups are awarded, what they are and so forth is up to you. The obvious pitfalls are it would change the player base and the very nature of the game. It would be a big shake up. FM has already touched on the idea with the unlock buys in Classic and could stretch further with this idea. For the stubborn players, you could have a check box at the start to turn off the power-up system or make it non-intrusive so players can ignore it if they don't like the system. Another issue that would need to be solved is cheating. User who uses a cheat program (or a simple hex editor), even saving and reloading could exploit the system to gain a lot of these power-ups and flood the community with them. I don't have an answer to that, except from FM becoming a lot more online based, which honestly feel it's needed to do for some time (online player database which is constantly updated by the researchers).

Overall it would add a new level to the game, add to it's addictiveness, would give user's who struggle an extra option, more depth and control for experienced users, including more goals/achievements to aim for, and can become an additional source of income for SI. Either way, just an idea I came up with and felt the need to share.

No Thanks this sounds to much like the abysmal fifa ultimate team

Couple of suggestion :

- Someone spoke about it, but yeah our wage! Would be nice or cool if we could do something with if. I don't remember in wich game and it was a long time ago, but I remember I could use the money to buy stuff for me or for my girlfriend. I mean it is a bit useless but I would like to be able to do something with my money..

- Haven't seen it yet so I don't know if its possible or not but in real life some team are in the stock market. Would like to see that in the game, would change the economy landscape...

- For 2014, I hope the fair play rules will be implemented because in this one, even after 2014, it does not have it!

- More depht in conversation. Would love to be able ot talk to a player at half time, telling him to stop shooting form long range or stuff like that.. More option to talk to the team and player and that it has more effect!

- Stop favouring big teams.. Been playing in spain for the last 5 years and real madrid and barcelone looks cheated, They have much less injuries than anyone else in the league, much more penalties and goals after 90 min...

- More relatoinship with the fan. Let us organise events with fan tha would boost motivation and moral and it could have negative effect if the team party with fans the day before a match and stuff like that. They have that on Fifa or Pes and its nice!

- Ticket price. Let us set tup the price or decide if we want to freeze the price for the fans.

I would love to see a function where you could officially state that your club runs with a salary cap like Arsenal etc.

It should be possible to tell the media about it so everyone is aware of it. Like when former Arsenal players have left the club because they want more money and Arsenals policy is to stay at a certain level. It would be cool if you could set the limit you want your salary cap at yourself.

I feel that when you take a team from the lower leagues to Premier League their wage demands raises a lot, I like to play where I buy cheap and sell with a high profit and I would love to tell my players to accept the clubs wage policy or they can leave, sometimes wages demands are just too high and it could be cool if player were aware of the policy and maybe would accept it then, maybe because its their favorite team etc.

One example is Messi etc. who has said he will never leave Barcelona I have tried in games where he demands more money than the club can give him and end up leaving the club on a free (even though its his favorite club).

I have thought this for a long time and that is to have a section in a players profile which shows his stats against every club he's played against in his career

i.e. Messi vs Real Madrid - Apps 21 Goals 15 (Not true)

And in the past meetings section show the highest goalscorer in the fixture like

United vs Arsenal

Rooney 20

Walcott 17

Van Persie 15

Podolski 12

Just thought of this one, not sure if it's been suggested yet but it's something I'd like to see;

Actual odds that update on what managers are in the run in to get an available job. You see it all the time when a job is available, i.e on sky sports news etc.

Agents

Players and reputation of agents should be a factor in which player switches agents. Player should switch agents more often.

Agents that are hated by / or hates pretty much all the managers would be dropped very often and easily by players

If player have x salary demand, wants to play for y club, or z manager and agent fails to negotiate contract when those demands were met, then agent should be fired

If player have x salary demand and agent stuck to his gun when managers did not meet the requirement, the agent should be more popular with players

etc

I said this last year but the youth recruitment range takes far too long to be boosted. If the money is there to do it then it should be allowed. I've had many saves where i've started as a poor team and got them to win league titles and constantly do well in Europe (we're talking going past 2018 here) and not been able to update it even if according to the editor the clubs youth recruitment range is only 9 at the beginning. If a clubs recruitment range is say 14/15+ at the beginning then it is fair enough not to expect a boost easily.

The best Example I can give of this is a save I had on the Gundo challenge with Jadran Dekani. I've just looked in the official editor and their recruitment range starts at 8. In 9 years this was my history

Season            League          Position       Cup              Europe              Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013/14       2nd Division         6th           N/A             N/A                  Survival
2014/15       2nd Division         1st           N/A             N/A                  Promotion
2015/16       1st Division         7th           Q/F             N/A                  Survival
2016/17       1st Division         1st           2nd RD.         N/A                  Champions
2017/18       1st Division         1st           Winners         Group Stage          The Double
2018/19       1st Division         1st           Winners         Group Stage          The Double
2019/20       1st Division         1st           Winners         Knockout RD.         The Double
2020/21       1st Division         1st           Winners         Quarter final        The Double
2021/22       1st Division         1st           Winners         Winners              The Treble, Completion

As you can see I won 5 league titles in a row, won the cup 4 in a row and constantly made the group stages of the CL and even managed to win it. In that time Slovenia managed to even get to having 3 teams qualify for the champions league so not only was my clubs rep growing, the nations rep was too yet I still wasn't able to upgrade which is ridiculous IMO, i'm sure it's not just me that thinks this as I know a lot of people like to focus on developing their own players and this current system is stopping them.

I would be happy if you was only able to improve it every 2 years for example, it wouldn't be too unrealistic as most human managers would have made progress with their side then and obviously boosted the clubs rep. It would be a decent balance of improving as you go along just as a club would in real life and would give human managers some reward for their hard work.

In real life, some clubs negotiate a contract with a player whose contract runs out in six months. For example, Samuel Armenteros of Heracles Almelo agreed a summer-move to Anderlecht in the beginning of January. But since they were looking to bring him in earlier, they eventually negotiated a fee with Heracles Almelo to let him move to Belgium earlier. Can something like that be implemented in FM too? That way, you can at least secure your player before trying to bring him in in the winter transfer window.

On the same subject: Feyenoords Kelvin Leerdam has agreed a move with Vitesse on a free for this summer. First, Vitesse tried to do what Anderlecht did with Armenteros. But it fell through. After that, several other clubs tried to loan him for the remainder of his Feyenoord-contract. That isn't possible in FM either. I think that could be a handy addition, especially for the LL-players.

Staff Responsibilities -> Finds and makes offers for players for your First Team:

Nearly useless, as far as I can tell. My Director keeps suggesting strikers. Even though there's already far too many on the team. It should be possible to fine-tune those responsibilities: some way to tell him that we don't need any more bloody strikers.

Staff Responsibilities -> Contract Renewals:

Would be nice to be able to set some guidelines for those too. Currently the feature doesn't seem worth using, not even for the Youth Team. Too many stupid clauses etc even if let a good DoF to handle them.

Just a comment and then a couple of recommendations; Every Football Manager game I've played (and before that, Championship Manager) has said somewhere that if you're complimentary about other managers, you build a good relationship with them and are more likely to get a transfer offer accepted, and if you're impolite about a manager then they're less likely to accept a transfer offer. So far I'm yet to see any real evidence of this, so I'd like that to actually happen.

Now for the wishlist:

1) I'd like to be able to help out another manager that you have a good relationship with. Take the Chelsea FC situation a few seasons ago, when they had both keepers' injured in a match. It would be great to be able to contact another manager in an injury crisis and say "I notice you're struggling for players, can I offer you one or two youngsters on loan?" or something like that. To my mind, you would be able to view another clubs manager profile and there would be a "contact manager" tab. Then you could phone or email them and make the offer.

2) If/when a member of your coaching staff moves on to manage a club, or one of your ex-players who was under you for a while, there should be some sort of relationship with them as well.

3) Being able to change kits when sponsors change. This is something that I have wanted for years. Not sure how this would work; the best I can offer is it would look like the kit editor in FMRTE.

4) Players personal lives affecting them on the pitch and at the club. This wouldn't be too in-depth, but players would possibly ask permission to miss training to attend the birth of one of their children, or turn up to training late a few times and then when you talk to them about it, they can say that a relative is ill or their wife has left them. Just to add a bit more realism. With this could be players occasionally injured in car accidents or needing to be disciplined for posting naughty photos or abuse on Twitter or Facebook. No real idea on how this would work, but this is a wishlist.

5) Being able to organise benefit and charity matches. This would be done through the "organise friendly" option. So you go to "organise friendly", then select the date and venue and then there is the option to select a "reason for match". Then the options could be "benefit", "charity" or "match practice". A charity match could then have the effect of raising a clubs profile and increasing the number of fans, whilst a benefit match could have the effect of encouraging an ex-player to stay on at the club as a coach and again increasing the number of fans. The reasons for awarding a player a benefit match could be long service (10 years or more), board request, fan request, retirement or a career that's been cut short by injury.

6) A career option where you start of as an academy coach and work your way up through the club to manage the first team. This can even come with options of being the assistant manager. A great feature on this would be a much bigger focus on man-management and player development, so buying and selling players comes much later.

7) This would have to happen very rarely; players being caught taking performance enhancing drugs, doping etc. As a manager you would have to then decide on what disciplinary action to take.

8) Being able to tell your scouting team, or a specific scout, to find a certain type of player, not just a player in a specific position. So instead of telling your scouts to find a striker, then selecting their best attributes, you can just ask your scouting team to find you a target man, or a wing-back instead of a full-back etc etc.

9) This is more of a complaint than a wish, but there's still room for it:

I do not like that you can manage teams in countries like Australia and South Africa (which are countries where football is not the most popular sport by a long way), or "minor" football nations (South Korea, Belarus, India) but you can't manage teams in countries where football is the number 1 sport and they have some good teams and players. Perhaps I am bugged by this because my fiancee is from Ecuador, and many of her brothers friends play Football Manager but can't manage teams in their league, even though they would like to.

I do not like that you can manage teams in countries like Australia and South Africa (which are countries where football is not the most popular sport by a long way), or "minor" football nations (South Korea, Belarus, India) but you can't manage teams in countries where football is the number 1 sport and they have some good teams and players. Perhaps I am bugged by this because my fiancee is from Ecuador, and many of her brothers friends play Football Manager but can't manage teams in their league, even though they would like to.

I don't think the decision of what leagues to include is based on the footballing status of the country, but on potential interested markets compared to the costs of licensing and research of activating the league. As they have made databases customizable, so you can easily download and run whatever league you want, I don't really think it is a valid complaint, but then it is a wishlist thread

I don't think the decision of what leagues to include is based on the footballing status of the country, but on potential interested markets compared to the costs of licensing and research of activating the league. As they have made databases customizable, so you can easily download and run whatever league you want, I don't really think it is a valid complaint, but then it is a wishlist thread

Yes that's true, you can download other leagues etc, but are any of these created by SI or people like us i.e. fans of the game? No offence to anyone, I'm sure that there are plenty of trustworthy people who create databases and leagues who would not intentionally create something harmful. However I've used a couple of downloads for the FM series that have corrupted a save file, or in one case, knackered my PC. So these days I'm very careful with what I download and who it's from. Personally, considering we can buy extra challenges and other bits for FM13, I would happily buy other playable leagues as well. But the game content and initial selection of leagues with the game would have to be at least as bit as it is now for me to be happy with that.

I do not like that you can manage teams in countries like Australia and South Africa (which are countries where football is not the most popular sport by a long way), or "minor" football nations (South Korea, Belarus, India) but you can't manage teams in countries where football is the number 1 sport and they have some good teams and players.

The game is in English, so it makes sense to include the largest English-speaking nations such as Australia and South Africa. But yeah, I too would like to see even more playable countries. Shame that Japan can't be included because of licensing reasons...

I do like those other suggestions too. Player personal lives should at the very least have an effect on contracts and wages. Players who don't want to move should be more willing to extend their contracts, etc. And I suppose it might be amusing/annoying if a player occasionally missed a match for whatever reason. Admittedly it doesn't happen often in Premier, but there have been some cases in lower leagues where someone has missed a match because they overslept or got stuck traffic, etc.

Apologies if already mentioned somewhere in this mammoth thread,,, but how about SELLING STADIUM NAMING RIGHTS in order to bring in more revenue.

I'm surprised is not already in the game to some degree as we see it more and more often these days,, already in Germany, England and looking like soon at Glasgow Rangers also.

It could be implemented in a couple of ways,, say as another Board request,, but one which comes with higher pressure to gain your season objectives and with further conditions attached from the board. For eg you could approach the Board as a last resort or if you are willing to take on the extra risk involved in order to gain some additional funds ,, they then either,, reject, accept with no strings (unlikely as fans will be against it),, or agree, but outline first how much extra it will give you,, and then what extra conditions they will DEMAND you achieve. Failure to do so would result in intolerable fan pressure and the Board being left with no other option but to terminate you employment.

The conditions could be anything from current season short term conditions to terms set out for the duration of the re-naming period,, say for eg you must win this and that,, and by the end of term have our team rep at whatever.

It could also be implemented by the Board without you requesting it,,,, if for eg they think that things are not going well or they want to re-adjust future revenue if you have been using too many buy now pay later options in the transfer market ,, or even after a Board take over.

I think it could really mix things up a bit and add something new,,, of course it might not be for everyone so you could perhaps have an option at the start of the game to have it in or not.

Apologies if already mentioned somewhere in this mammoth thread,,, but how about SELLING STADIUM NAMING RIGHTS i.

This isn't a bad idea in some ways.

The possible problem I can see with it is this. Your stadium name is shown in many parts of the game (team information, matchday news etc). If it was to change following selling rights, SI would either have to get brand names to sign up for it, or make up names. If they got brandnames to sign up it could be too small a pool and would end up being repetitive. If they make them up then you could end up with the "Sammy's Sausages Stadium" or something.

The other option would be for the name to not change, but I'm not sure about that either...

There's an idea in there somewhere though.

more influence on commercial income. one mentioned is stadium name. but this should be a choice. not everyone wants to change this, especially the fans. another one is pre season tours. you see the big teams travel to asia just to get more fans and commercial prospects. but it may not be the ideal way to prepare for a new season (for a commercial boost like a foreign tour, training will be affected).

pictures! why do i have to download imagepacks to get this? most people don't even know how to do this. i remember the old championship manager had pictures in the background that changed from time to time. when i play at a big stadium i would like to see the stadium in a background picture. it creates atmosphere, and that is something this game can improve on a lot. even small pictures in the news feed, like a web page, will help alot.

more personal! it can create a great dramatic effect if a player goes out in the media and says that he enjoyed beating the rival team. or pre match, it's not uncommon to hear stuff like that. transfers can be further underlined by saying more reasons as to why he chose the club, like the city or the fans.

How about a quick quit option in games. We have all been there where you are 4 or 5 down and are forced to sit through almost a full second half knowing you wont get back into it. I know you cant do this IRL but it would help speed up the game a tad,, and it would be your own choice anyway if to do it,, much like a manager has walking back up the tunnel lol .

This isn't a bad idea in some ways.

The possible problem I can see with it is this. Your stadium name is shown in many parts of the game (team information, matchday news etc). If it was to change following selling rights, SI would either have to get brand names to sign up for it, or make up names. If they got brandnames to sign up it could be too small a pool and would end up being repetitive. If they make them up then you could end up with the "Sammy's Sausages Stadium" or something.

The other option would be for the name to not change, but I'm not sure about that either...

There's an idea in there somewhere though.

SI could bring in extra money by selling these names as "commercial spots", allowing extra playtesters and a better game. In an ideal world this would be a great idea!

SI could bring in extra money by selling these names as "commercial spots", allowing extra playtesters and a better game. In an ideal world this would be a great idea!
I did imagine they would sell it as in-game advertising, anyone know what they do for sponsor hoarding in the stadiums? I know some are charities but some companies must have paid, unless it comes in as part of the licensing deal for the league. I still think having real brand names would get repetitive. (as the current stadium names do too!)

I did imagine they would sell it as in-game advertising, anyone know what they do for sponsor hoarding in the stadiums? I know some are charities but some companies must have paid, unless it comes in as part of the licensing deal for the league. I still think having real brand names would get repetitive. (as the current stadium names do too!)

No more repetitive than the current press interviews,,, honestly I dont even bother reading the questions anymore - I know by a few words in each answer what they are now anyways lol :)

I would like to see a rewrite of AI-manager hiring and firing.

If f.ex Mourinho was to be sacked tomorrow, there is no way they would sign a Jürgen Klopp or anyone else they have been linked to. Instead they would most likely find a solution until the end of the season, and then look for the big name. This is how its done in 99% of all big club manager changes midseason. Either a free cheap choice, or someone already at the club. They might sign some big name, but only if he is already out of a job. It could also be great for career-saves where you might get a job for the rest of the season, and have to really impress to be considered for a longer contract.

I would also like to see managers resigning because of unhappiness at the club. Maybe they don't get the money they want, or a player is sold over their head. Or maybe, like Guardiola, they refuse to resign the contract because they want a new challenge, just like the players.

The big clubs are also to patient with their coaches. In my game i am in 2019. Both Mourinho, Villanova, Conte, Mancini and more are still at their job. In game it is impossible to get sacked if you finish at around 3. place. For the biggest clubs, not winning the league should be considered failure, and you should not fail to often before you were out of a job.

I'd like to be informed as to whether who is kicking off the first half. If the opposition kick off they invariabky have a decent chance from kick off, when I kick off I get a decent chance. I'd set up a little more defensively for the first few mins if they had kick off and leave things as is when I kick off.

Not sure if this has already been posted but i'll just mention it anyway...

When you're a lower club, i feel it would be a good addition to the game to be able to negotiate with higher clubs when they are trying to purchase your bigger players.

For example Zaha to United, United have loaned him back to Palace for the rest of the season, I think if we had the option to do this it would be great!

Don't know if this has been said: but how about using the money you earn on learning new languages and getting more coaching badges. This would give more reason to you're wages.
Not a bad idea in theory.... but

1 - there is already a decent reason behind the wages, as wages and contract length affect both your job stability and your chances of moving from job to job.

2 - how much would these cost? Would it be the case that lower league managers couldn't afford language lessons? They probably can. But if you are Man City's manager then they would be like 0.1% of your wage, so they still wouldn't achieve your goal of "giving reason to your wages" in my opinion.

When you're a lower club, i feel it would be a good addition to the game to be able to negotiate with higher clubs when they are trying to purchase your bigger players.

For example Zaha to United, United have loaned him back to Palace for the rest of the season, I think if we had the option to do this it would be great!

There is already the option to delay the transfer until the end of the season, but yeh that isn't exactly the same thing. I agree it would be a good addition, and furthermore it seems like the kind of thing SI might actually do.

Interviews definitely need to be overhauled, there just completely pointless, they have no effect whatsoever on the game.

Most people i speak to just send their assistant as doing the interviews yourself is basically just wasting your time, i know the media is a big part in modern football but i don't think it fits Football Manager too well.

There is already the option to delay the transfer until the end of the season, but yeh that isn't exactly the same thing. I agree it would be a good addition, and furthermore it seems like the kind of thing SI might actually do.

It does, hoping they do as well. You can only delay till the end of the season as well, maybe the player could be loaned back for a longer period of time...

7) This would have to happen very rarely; players being caught taking performance enhancing drugs, doping etc. As a manager you would have to then decide on what disciplinary action to take.

I'm not sure if this is possible, If performance enhancing drugs etc were involved in the game would it affect the game's age rating?

I would like to see the AI have more of a memory about you, to stop people expoiting the game.

If you sign 30 players each window and then sell them on at a profit the next, then after a while players should begin to know this will happen, and only a certain type of player personality (ambitious/mercenary?) would not be bothered by it. The rest should say "I'm not interested in discussing terms with you because your loyalty to your players is low"

Or if you already have 40 four star u21s on your books, then most other 4 star u21s (again depending on personality) should say "I don't want to sign for you because I'll just end up in reserves/out on loan/ sold".

If you habitually (as in lots and lots of times for this one) sign players as "key players" and then lower their status, certain players might not accept "Key Player" squad status (in the sense of the extra money) because they don't believe you.

If you move from club to club (or more probably NT to NT) really quickly, for example sometimes I have been something like Cuba manger, then accepted DRC because it was bigger, then left DRC for nigeria without playing a game, then from Nigeria to Uruguay without playing a game, then certain boards/FAs should reject you as you aren't trustworthy. Of course you could still find a job with clubs lower than your reputation who have recently had unscrupulous board takeovers, or NTs that are desperate for a respectable foreign coach.

Just gonna chuck this in there, no idea if it's been suggested already but I don't have time to read 13 pages of comments! I would love to see a bit more being made of the press conference aspect of the game. As things stand at the moment you always have 5 options and they seem to often fall into the same 5 flavours: very positive, positive, noncommital or neutral, negative and very negative. Press conferences for me always seem to boil down to giving a passionate or assertive positive response to every question, and that seems the most consistent way of getting a good reaction from my players. I'd love to see a wider range of answers that are a bit more ambiguous rather than being an obvious 5-point scale like I've said.

Staff Responsibilities -> Finds and makes offers for players for your First Team:

Nearly useless, as far as I can tell. My Director keeps suggesting strikers. Even though there's already far too many on the team. It should be possible to fine-tune those responsibilities: some way to tell him that we don't need any more bloody strikers.

Staff Responsibilities -> Contract Renewals:

Would be nice to be able to set some guidelines for those too. Currently the feature doesn't seem worth using, not even for the Youth Team. Too many stupid clauses etc even if let a good DoF to handle them.

agree i have the same problem only with Head of youth development

Some nitpicking about the interface:

Please make it more convenient to talk to the players. This didn't bother me in the older versions because it wasn't that necessary to chat with them so frequently, but morale seems more important now than before.

I'm spending a lot of time praising or criticizing my players. The problem is that there's no quick way to do so. Too many clicks to get from the match results to praise: Talk to Player (right-click menu), Match Performance, Last Game, tone, conversation, then back to the match results. Repeat several times per match.

Integrate the notepad into match day. It should be immediately accessible during the match from a small icon. During pre-match you would have the option to view notes taken during previous games against the same team.

Add a time slider to the match analysis so that we can analyse how things changed over the course of a match. At a bare minimum we should be able to view half time analysis at the end of the match for comparison with the full time analysis.

Add "number of touches" to match stats for each player and allow this to be viewed on the match analysis also

Show where players received passes on match analysis

Guest El Payaso

I've perhaps mentioned these but anyway.

- More versatile tactics. I personally don't like tactics creator as it's too reduced. I use classic tactics now but it would be nice to get something new. I would like to be able to control my teams movements and styles of play better. It would be nice to create different kind of passing patterns and agree certain kinds of tactical things that my team always try to implement. The game is kinda boring at the moment at least for me; no matter what you do you get basically same kind of stats for players and there really aren't clear stand-outs in your team. It seems like pipe running no matter what team you manage.

- Better identity for AI managers and players. They do like too much the same. Mourinho really isn't Mourinho in the game and players like Özil or Pirlo really don't stand out of the mass.Improving these would really bring some contents in to the game.

People stop asking for options that are not manager's job, like kit colour, stadium name, ticket prices... if you want to decide what's the janitor's monthly paycheck go play fifa manager.

What I'd like to see is a network game option where, if I'm playing FM with two friends, we can all be part of one club, where one of us is manager, the other takes care of reserves (plays matches etc...) and third u18

Archived