What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

i wish that si would stop releasing awful patches that ruin the game when it is fine already then have arrogant mods here blaming peoples tactics when they have already spent alot of time eprfecting them only for them to be rendered useless!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tactics

I still love classic tactics, but I do like the way the TC tactics are set up and how the shouts work. The problem I have is that it is almost forcing you to play within SI way of playing the game.

What I am proposing is for us to be able to set up shouts and tactical systems in the same manner as the TC.

For example. The TC has 5 strategies and when changed the tactcical settings are automtically adjusted, these amounts are preset by SI. These same settings/options should be available for the classic tactics users, where instead of the automatic changes we specify the individual strategies. Basically it is a more convenient way of saving say 3 or 4 tactics (which is what most classic tactics creators will have). These should all be saved under 1 tactic and available via shouts just as the TC strategies are. So when we change to an attcking stategy via a shout it is basically loading a saved tactic.

Going a step further we should be able to set up our own shouts. Just like the TC tactics but instead of SI determining what values these shouts change we should be able to tailor them to our own unique needs. We could possibly even link them or set up a macro. So I could set up a shout that pushed my defensive line up by 7 clicks, but drops my DCs Mentality to say 5.

This sort of flexibility would be brilliant, Im sure im not alone when I consistantly find myslef make the same sort of changes when certain scenarios appear. A shout for these scenarios would be brilliant.

I know it can all be done under the normal tactical view, but I think it would be a good way of streamlining the tactical set up, especially for us classic users. At the very minimum, something as simple as a keyboard shortcut to load a pre defined tactic would also be massively helpful.

As good as the TC is, I just hope us Classic users dont get left behind!

i fully agree with this and find it the most frustrating thing about FM13 that those that use classic/customise their tactics are locked out of using the shouts (which I think are a great innovation). Can I suggest a 'lock' button on the sliders in the tactics screen. I will explain......

I have set up my tactics in classic but I still want to be able to use the shouts. So if it was set up where the shouts would still work (ie if I select Drop Deeper it would drop my D-Line by 3 clicks or whatever from what I had set up in Classic) unless I had the Lock box ticked for that particular slider. So for example in my tactic if I wanted Long Shots on Rarely always and never wanted this to change no matter what shout I employed I could click the 'Lock' box. All other sliders - even the ones I had ticked and changed - would be impacted by shouts. I think this would solve the issues that those of us that still like to customise our tactics (either by classic or by adpating what the TC produces) but would still love to use the shouts but can't as the game stands.

One relatively simple thing I'd like to see is the option to view/change the kit selection before a match starts. All it would take is switching out the badges on the pre-match preview for kits, with the opportunity to switch the away team to another strip.

Nine times out of ten, the game picks up clashes relatively well and decides accordingly. But sometimes, especially for teams in stripes or hoops, you end up with this:

2u4o61c.jpg

Everett (blue shirts, white shorts and blue socks) vs. Colorado Springs (white & blue hoops, white shorts, white socks)

Colorado Springs' away strip is a much more recognisable gold with blue sleeves, with gold or blue shorts.

This idea has been in my mind for about 2 years or so.

It would be great if we can assign fix tactic's player instruction individually on the player itself that would replace team or position's player instruction. For example, I wouldnt want this specific (A) player to play long shot for his whole life so I set the Long shot bar to Rarely for this guy and whenever I sub him into the game I dont have to worry about changing it again in team tactic.

It make us easier to manage individual player base on their stat. Imagine 2 different midfields who play the same position in your team tactic and you often swap each other. One has 19 Long shot while other has only 3 Long shot. Then you have to move the Long Shot bar everytime you sub them :(

It would be great if we can assign fix tactic's player instruction individually on the player itself that would replace team or position's player instruction. For example, I wouldnt want this specific (A) player to play long shot for his whole life so I set the Long shot bar to Rarely for this guy and whenever I sub him into the game I dont have to worry about changing it again in team tactic.

It make us easier to manage individual player base on their stat. Imagine 2 different midfields who play the same position in your team tactic and you often swap each other. One has 19 Long shot while other has only 3 Long shot. Then you have to move the Long Shot bar everytime you sub them :(

I was thinking about this like 3 days ago :) Fixed player role/duty would be nice too.

After reading this thread, I thought that it would be nice to be able to add all players from a particular group mid-game. With individual leagues/nations being addable mid-game, perhaps something similar to the custom database options available before starting a new game can be devised to enable the addition of new players in the middle of a save game.

I'll buy every future FM if this feature is implemented!

Hello All,

Apologies for this as this will be a fairly lengthy one, just a couple ideas i'd like to request for other versions of FM.

1. I need a shortlist for staff please ... For as long as i remember i've had to use paper to write down the names of staff i want at my club and then check every 6 months to see if there contracts are expiring ... Please make this happen soon!!??

2. I like the idea of the classic mode but i think you've missed a trick for me, rather than the classic mode simply build the game on a modular basis and allow the user to select the level of difficulty for each module. The 'basic' versions would naturally save the user time and reduce the lengh of the seasons in the game. For me personally i'm a massive fan of the stuff that takes time, i search and scout thousands of players, spend time on tactics and personally spend ages on training and coaching and these are the things you seem to be making simpler across the board.

Perhaps you'd consider basic, standard and advanced 'modules' for things such as training, with a basic module being along the lines of the 'FM Classic Mode' you've introduced in FM13. Standard could be similar to the training in normal FM13 with Advanced along the lines of the first Fm (I think) where i could design drills and sessions based on the needs of my team.

The key thing for me is that it allows the user to experience the game how they want but also you seem to have all the 'modules' already built.

Obviously for those like me that prefer the advanced options and take more time then i should see a better return on the growth of my players than say a user who went for the 'basic' option for training!!??

Possible tasks that could have modules:

Player and staff searches

Scouting

Tactics

Training

I'd be happy to hear anyone's thoughts on this, particularly anyone from SI Games??

P.S. I should probs add that each module should be independant of each other e.g you can choose the advanced training/coaching module but the basic player/staff search module or whatever combination is best suited for each user.

A couple of changes to the loans system.

If another team loans one of my players as a first team player I want to know precisely why they aren't starting games. It isn't enough to be able to recall the player, I want them out on loan playing games. There have apparently been loans between Premiership clubs where there's a clause that if the player is fit they must play, I'd love to have that loan clause available.

If I add a player to the development list, I'd like to be able to set the minimum squad status for the loan. There is absolutely no benefit to my player's development for them to spend 3 months in the reserves or under-18 side of a lower league team, either send them out on loan to get first team experience or let them stay and train under my superior coaching staff.

I'd also like to receive feedback from the staff of loaning clubs about my player's performance and development, and be able to provide that feedback when I've loaned players from another club. I once had a very promising midfielder converted to a left back by a loaning club, I'd have liked to be included in the decision by that club and be able to deny them the opportunity to turn a promising midfielder into a mediocre, awkward left back.

Well, the new thread has already got to that point (for me at least) where it's time to start posts with a disclaimer that I can't be arsed reading through everybody else's stuff so apologies if I repeat anything. Also, due to funding issues I've only played the demo of 2013 so sorry if I ask for something that's already there but I haven't yet seen it.

OK first up, I'd like to see some more work done on the details of transfers. A couple of years ago we got some new options in terms of clauses and bonuses and they were a significant step forward BUT they were also a long way from comprehensive. Since then there have been no major enhancements in this area, save we can now, when managing in Italy, offer co-ownership of a player in exchange for our new aquisition. This is a welcome addition, but it baffles me that similar clauses were not also added allowing players to be loaned out in return for players bought and even vice-versa. Alongside this, it would be nice to see additional performance-based clauses made available, so that one might offer an incentive should one be promoted specifically to the top division, or qualify for a European competition, or even avoid relegation. Also, multiple iterations of the same clause would be useful, for example an extra amount to be paid after ten appearances, then again after thirty, etc. And time-limited clauses, for example conditions to be met within the current season, one, two or five years from the time of the transfer or over the course of the players first contract with his new club. Other clauses could include a bonus to be paid to the selling club if the player signs a new contract with the buying club and first refusal should the player be loan or transfer listed at any time. Also, it would be good to have more options as to the time of the deal, currently we have the option to choose whether to complete the transfer immediately (or at the next available instance) or at the end of the season, a third option could be added to allow the deal to go through in the next transfer window (January, for instance, if one is making the deal in August). An option to the delay the deal until your team has the required funds would also be welcome, rather than the current fixed one week delay. Loans could be similarly spruced up by adding the option to offer a loan player in return, useful if the two teams are reasonably evenly matched. Alongside this, clauses dictating that a player may be recalled if he plays less than a certain percentage of games or similar, and the ability to prescribe specific start dates so as to maximise the number of games a player will be elligible for during his loan period would be welcome.

Secondly, the editor needs better capabilities in the nation, continent and international rules department. Also, it would avoid much frustration and loss of time if one were able to load an editor data file directly from the editor's home screen, rather than having to select the appropriate database first, as a slip of the mouse in the database selection phase may cause corruption through files built in one database being inadvertently edited through another. The idea would be that when one selects one's editor data file, the editor would automatically load the database that was loaded when that file was created. When creating new editor data files, one would first select their chosen database as normal.

There's other stuff but I can no longer be arsed and mostly it's obvious stuff that is probably being worked on constantly anyway (even if the success of that work is debatable), such as the AI's inability to manage a squad or develop youth properly.

I think a lot of people would like this one. You have match plans for instant result on FMC. Why can't we set one when we have a touchline ban? It'd be more realistic and less frustrating not watching your assistant manager screw up your team. I think it would be easy to implement and would make a lot of people happier.

Also, I'd like to second everything CMdan44 put and also add on that with co-ownerships you should be able to offer out your fifty percent stake and not have that default asking price set. Also, a button in the Editor to be able to turn on co-ownerships in a nation in some shape or form.

I don't know if it would be possible to implement but I think that players characters and behaviours should modify depending on what club they are at and what situation they find themselves in, (maybe they do already i don't know!). But if a player is temperamental at one club and demands a move when they get to a bigger club they might be on their best behaviour, at least for a while, being at their preferred club. Perhaps the atmosphere at certain clubs could ameliorate players behaviour as the other players have an influence on them and expect them to act in a certain way. Of course, when things don't go so well, or he is no longer happy his old ways may come back to the fore.

Good morning,

(Just to point out, this is not a whine thread or sympathy thread or some potato like that, I write it for hopes of it being in SIgames's mind for a new idea)

So I have been playing Football Manager in periods since FM 10 (I think), and I have always liked most parts of it. Like, every season I enjoy spending time with building a team, lower the wages spent by kicking out silly players and replacing with gems, building creative formations (3-4-2-1, 2-3-2-1-1 etc) BUT TO THE POINT; I suck at maintaining a level of good results. Sure, when it's going great and the players are high flying it's easy to get a good run of results. But when I get a couple of winless games then everything gets much harder, usually in games when my team is "not in a good form" it's like their decision attribute gets reduced to 1 and creativity too (which might be logical) but then, I'm not that good to be able to solve the problem so usually then I stop playing for some time or as in recent years, cheat (but it never feels good to cheat so that's not an option).

So the idea I have (which probably have come up before by people) is to instead of controlling the manager, you control the chairman. You might think that it sounds boring, but I think it would be fun. You can have lots of choices and you decide everything financially (the board has some influence though). It would start off with buying a club (or even making an own, starting at the bottom in a city you decide), then you get a "Total budget": This one is free to use however you like. If you want all of it to go on transfer and wage budget (of course some of it are needed for maintainance etc but that can be automatical) then you won't get much for marketing, youth recruitment, charity, own money etc. You start with either keeping or firing and hiring a new manager, you can put expectations on him and also see his stats and what sort of football he prefers (attacking football makes more people interested in the club but will find it tough to compete if you are a small club in a division etc).

You can either make the manager free to do whatever he likes, or you can be like Abramovich and interfer with all and everything. The manager can ask for different transfers and players and you can try to buy them, find similar players or refuse, which can lead to the manager not being happy and doing his job badly and eventually leave. You can also decide to make the club into something special, like Athletic Bilbao and only having players of a certain nation (although it might not be so popular making a nations club only hire players of a certain nation that isn't theirs). If you would save much money for yourself you would be able to for instance buy a bigger club, invest in the club or using it for other stuff, and that might make the fan's of the team you are owning hate you ala Manchester United and Liverpool before FSW.

I can list much more things but only the creativity stops and logical solutions are pretty logical, if you use much money for charity and helping the town you live in with jobs for unemployed etc will make the club more popular to both people and give good PR. So on matchdays, you are watching the game instead of handling the game and I for one would find that refreshing to stop screaming and pulling my hair in real life when I could threaten the players to remake them into dishwashers and toiletcleaners and firing the manager after every loss.

So these are just my thoughts and ideas, feel free to add or change things in discussions etc and have a merry new year!

Regards

Buttocks

I must say I too like the idea of a game in which you would be chairman and I even at one time had talks with SEGA about the creation of one.But IMO this is not something for FM this would have to be a different game.Good idea though

I know that SI have tried to improve the realism of the press conferences using the option of different tones of voice but I still feel as though we are restricted by the different sentence options I am not sure just how possible this is but I would like to eventually see (within the next few years) an option too say what you want at a press conference e.g. when I am asked "You must be pleased to see Darren Bent score after that long time without a goal?" (or something along those lines) I would be able to reply with something more in depth than "yeah it is a relief ".Also it would give me the option of gaining a controversial appearance as when swearing is detected I could be fined money for swearing.like when I'm asked "how do you feel about that result?" after being crushed 6-0 by Accrington Stanley I can reply with more than "I am dissapointed" and I can go bloody mental e.g. "my team are getting paid about 60k a week each yet when they go on the pitch they play as though they are on their lunch break working at McDonald's (other fast food chains available).I am not happy and shall be having a bloody good word with all of the team as they are all f***ing *******." just an idea

I'm not sure if this has already be mentioned by anyone and it might just be a small personal thing i'd like to see but i would like it so that in the 'players history' all the stats are there for the season for his club not just the league as it's stands. I just think it's a better way round, rather than having to click on each season to see all his stats for said season.

I'm not sure if this has already be mentioned by anyone and it might just be a small personal thing i'd like to see but i would like it so that in the 'players history' all the stats are there for the season for his club not just the league as it's stands. I just think it's a better way round, rather than having to click on each season to see all his stats for said season.

I'd like to see a summary page of his whole career in one hit.

It used to be that way iirc many versions ago. I don't understand why they changed it. The player history stat screen could do with a complete overhaul incorporating what you say am sure. A lot in FM seems to get introduced and left on the back burner for years without further development. :(

It used to be that way iirc many versions ago. I don't understand why they changed it. The player history stat screen could do with a complete overhaul incorporating what you say am sure. A lot in FM seems to get introduced and left on the back burner for years without further development. :(

Such a simple thing isn't it and every year i'm disappointed they haven't changed it. It means that you have to calculate yourself how many goals someone has scored in his career as at the bottom it only calculates the league!

I would like to see a notepad type window available in the match screen where I can type or draw things that I want to just note down. I never use the notes feature outside of the match but inside a match I think it may be useful to just write something down to look back at in the future. Also this feature could come with a reminder feature so you could close the notepad window then get a widget thing after a certain amount of time. For instance, you know your striker is not match fit so you create a note reminding yourself to take him off and set it to remind you after 70 minutes. At 70 minutes you get a little reminder so you can then stop the game and do what you wanted rather than getting to the end of the game and then not being able to play your striker next game. These reminders could also be set on certain statistics as well as time such as how many shots your player has had. I often see managers like Benitez writing things down and I suppose you could just use a pen and paper but with the added reminder feature it comes with an advantage as a piece of paper cannot remind you whilst playing. If SI use this feature you can just send me a cheque of around £45,000 and I will be content :)

The ability to send players on language courses, the players adaptability rating would determine how successful the course was in terms of how much of the language he picks up during the course, so for example say you sent someone on a 4 week language course at cost of £x, a player with an adaptability rating of 15+ would become fluent by the end of it but a player with a rating of say 5 would only have a basic grasp of the language.

I'm a widget fanatic during the match to keep my eye on the stats and so on, but having 8 or 9 up at one time can crowd the pitch a little bit i think, and doesn't look that great on the eye. There's a lot of space doing nothing at the top (see pic) why not put the widgets in the empty space, and allow the user to customize say 8 widgets to place in this space.

2nve4gi.png

Not the best of edited pics i know, but it get's my point across.

The features I would most like to see added.

1 - Better/more match relevant input from AssMan (or other designated staff) on the opposition. It can be difficult to see things like opposition d-line, width, marking systems, how tight they mark, who is making forward runs (miss the old opposition tactics with arrows indicating runs), and other vital details. I watch on extended, but its got to be pure guess work for those on condensed and key.

It would be great to get messages like "They are playing a high line and off-side trap. We should try to play through balls or long balls over the top." Or, "They are playing very deep and narrow..." and so on. This would be a much greater aid to managers, especially novice or casual players.

2 - Loan back option on transfers as part of transfer process. Loan back should make a sale more appealing to the selling club. The more options in transfers the better, but so many people have been clamoring for loan-back transfers for years that I am really surprised it wasn't added years ago.

3 - More options for free-kick takers. I'd like to be able designated different free kick takers in likely shooting situations and likely crossing situations.

Ideally I'd like to be able to have a CENTRAL free kick taker option when the advantage of one foot over the other is minimal. I'd rather have a right footed taker who taking a kick slightly to the right of center even if he just a little bit better than my best left footer.

-Filter by Reputation in Scouting/Player Search/Staff Search. E.g. "Reputation is At Least National" "Reputation is Between Obscure and Regional" "Reputation is At Most Regional"

-Filter by Personality in Scouting/Player Search/Staff Search (no scouting necessary), e.g "Personality is At Least Fairly Determined" or "Personality is Between Balanced And Model Professional" or "Personality is Born Leader", "Personality is At Most Fairly Loyal"

normally for january transfer update, the new players are already included in their new teams at the start of the season. why not for future editions, set these moving players as a future transfer set to their transfer date in january? im sure there are players out there who want to start a new save game with original squads up to december at least.

also, in editor, would be nice if we can also do a 'future transfer' for managers too. for example, like di matteo's sacking at chelsea and rafa benitez's appointment happening some midway through the season.

The ability to send players on language courses, the players adaptability rating would determine how successful the course was in terms of how much of the language he picks up during the course, so for example say you sent someone on a 4 week language course at cost of £x, a player with an adaptability rating of 15+ would become fluent by the end of it but a player with a rating of say 5 would only have a basic grasp of the language.

Completely agree

This is broadly a good idea but, as with every option, there has to be a downside to it, and I can't see one atm...

What I mean is that it would make sense for the human manager to send every foreign player they buy for a language course as there'd be no point in not doing so. And what sense does that make?

This is broadly a good idea but, as with every option, there has to be a downside to it, and I can't see one atm...

What I mean is that it would make sense for the human manager to send every foreign player they buy for a language course as there'd be no point in not doing so. And what sense does that make?

Cost?? Wasted if they struggle?? You annoy the player for sending them back to school?? Drop in morale?? Because couldn't the same be said for sending coaches on coaching badge courses and that seems to work ok.

I would like to see shouts for individual players. E.g.

-Tell player to run at a specific player (maybe the AI player is on a yellow card or having a bad game or is just a weak link in the team)

-Tell player to make riskier runs (so if you are trailing your striker may make more runs in behind the defense)

-Tell a player to shoot or to not shoot from distance.

-Take more risks with passes (if you're looking for a goal then players will be more ambitious with passes and attempt a lot of through balls. I can imagine this would work well with 'Make Risker Runs'

-Exploit a specific player. (Maybe if the opposition has a slow player you would ask a player to look to play passes, make runs or make dribbles in behind him to have a better chance of successfully getting past him or having a player get to the ball first)

I think mostly it's just being able to change player instructions without having to go into the tactics screen when wanting to do it but also to be able to exploit specific players in the opponents team that might be a weak link

Cost?? Wasted if they struggle?? You annoy the player for sending them back to school?? Drop in morale?? Because couldn't the same be said for sending coaches on coaching badge courses and that seems to work ok.

^ This. I think it's a great idea.

Hi Guys New Member Here!!

Long Time Player first time Poster!

There is one Issue which is the bane of my life Visa's for North American players e.t.c are ridiculously hard to get! but there is an addition that could make the visa's more realistic.

Player Location of Residence

This is a Simple to Implement Idea but could make things so much more realistic I mean this game Assumes that every single non EU player doesn't already live in the EU I.e. I tried to buy a Ex-West Ham Player who was released 2 seasons ago a Canadian player but instantly requested the whole Failed Visa thing. But he could be already living in London and be eligible to play in the UK. If when SI add players to a new game the either Randomly generated a City Location or nation either Based on their career history or they volunteer that information when gather the rest of the info handed over.

Also This could be involved in a decision for a player to join your club because realistically a player whom lives in California in the USA will probably not want to join Halifax Town in BSN for £150 a week unless he has a preference to play in the UK or by Personality if he is a Very Determined player then he may just to play football.

Further to this you could also in a scout report give a % that the player will be granted a Visa

One shout i would really like to see added is 'slow play down'

it wouldn't be something to use as in a time wasting way but more towards when your team is maybe on the back foot for a period during a game. You often see players and managers often instruction team mates/players just to slow everything down a bit, have a bit of composure and try to keep the ball and whether the storm. Maybe this shout would make the players take set pieces slower (again not in a time wasting way)

Talking about time wasting tho, there should be a shout for that. I don't want to have to go into tactics all the time :p

2 points i would like to see added

1) when you get offered a job with another club the chance to know what their expectations are for the rest of that season and the next before accepting it .

2) the ability to lock the bars (ie match stats or team stats) in place on the 3d match screen so that you cannot accidently drag them somewhere else or delete them

- Better Team-Talks. Also being able to talk to a player once subbed to tell him why.

- Players reactions to team talks need hugely improving. Half the time I praise them or encourage them and they seem angered or switch off.

- Better AI transfers, at the moment they are horrendous. Just looked at the team I left on my save and they've signed some proper rubbish players when I left them with very good players.

- IMO the AI should pick their teams better, half the time they leave world class players out for poor ones and then when it's a pointless cup they seem to play a stronger team.

- More emphasis on US, the manager. More interactions, more of a feel that we are the manager like when you win a trophy at the moment it's like 'well done, win it again next season' there's no huge celebrations or things that make you smile.

- Better graphical things like ceremony's once you win/lose a trophy or players singing the national anthem. All cosmetic.

- Players movement is shocking, players running out of position when told not too ect.

I would like to see a Self-Destraction button that I could press and blow the whole ME and SI back to stone age as to never frustrate us players any more. never to steel our money again! never to take mickey mous **** on us paying fans of old and WORKING FM/CM franchise. great work SI!!! Thanx for taking ALL the fun away replacing it with roll-the-dices-see-what-happenes pile of s**te!!!

2 points i would like to see added

1) when you get offered a job with another club the chance to know what their expectations are for the rest of that season and the next before accepting it....

:thup: That's a good shout. Like a 2 way interview kind of thing; do their expectations/ambitions match yours. Pretty sure some managers have declined offers irl if the two don't match.

I would like to see a Self-Destraction button that I could press and blow the whole ME and SI back to stone age as to never frustrate us players any more. never to steel our money again! never to take mickey mous **** on us paying fans of old and WORKING FM/CM franchise. great work SI!!! Thanx for taking ALL the fun away replacing it with roll-the-dices-see-what-happenes pile of s**te!!!

get a grip.

Don't know if already mentioned:

1) Ball-boys. This could even be a tactical element, as the boys would intentionally throw a ball slower or even inaccurate when the home team is in front and maybe throw it very fast, when the home team runs a counter attack or needs a goal desperately. (It's just ridiculous to see my goalkeeper walk slowly to the corner flag to pick up the ball when I'm one goal behind in 89th minute. It takes up to 1 minute of match time to get the ball to its destination!)

2) Massively improve goal keeper AI. (I conceeded several goals from within the six-yard box because my GK didn't move or jump - good Bundesliga GK. You don't even see that kind of behaviour in the 4th or 5th league of most countries. Extensive study of real GK behaviour might be neccessary...)

3) Pressuring the opposite GK with own ST to provoke mispass. What I always see is this: Defender has ball -> ST attacks -> D passes back to GK -> ST runs after ball until GK stops ball, then suddenly runs back to field position -> GK walks forward a few steps -> ST "snaps" onto GK and attacks him again. Instead the ST should run after the ball and pressure the GK so that he has only a moment to control the ball and decide where to pass, provoking more mispasses from GKs. Also make GKs dramatically worse technicians so that they have real problems stopping and controlling the ball - especially with fast and/or high (bouncing) balls.

My wish is that 20 percent of your effort should drive towards the imperative: "Perfection is achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

For example, get a bunch of people and watch them play FM. See what works for them, what they overlook. Compare the difference between (a) previous FM version experts, (b) football experts but new to FM, © little knowledge of either, etc. Actually watch over their shoulder, see what they click, etc.

I say this because I feel there is a lot of assumed knowledge in playing FM13, far more so than the last version I played FM07. I have never been relegated in an FM before! I feel like it should be possible to muddle along in mediocrity even when you don't know what you're doing, eg by following the assistant's advice, in a way which seems fun. Then all of the awesome cool complexity you have created (tactical depth, match analysis, etc) can be revealed to the player when they choose - when they feel they understand the game well enough that it can help them.

For example in Starcraft 2, a good player will not only click on his units to control them, they will also sometimes click on his opponent's units to see what upgrades they have. But when playtesting with newbies, this just made them confused about which were their units vs their opponents. So for the new version (HOTS), they will have this switched off by default (the player can only click on their own units), but with a gameplay option to turn it on which advanced players can use.

As a feature request, I think it's a bit silly that you say we should use the tactic creator and shouts to build our tactics, but we can't save the shout as part of the tactic. It would be good if we could do this. Actually I thought I could, until halfway through the season I realised I was just saving a list of pre-prepared shout groups for use in the match, and they weren't included in my tactic unless I selected them each match. This goes back to my first point ;-)

Hello,

First of all i want to mention that i am a huge fan of FM ..i have played it for more than 8 yrs, and it is the only game that i am buying at every year! Here are my two biggest wishes for the upcoming version(2014):

- to have the possibility to buy a club or to create your own club; this option is available in Fifa manager, and it is the only thing that makes me to consider playing it; it would be really great to have the power to buy/create your favorite club!

- to have the possibility to learn your players how to handle different key moments in the game - i.e. teach the team how to handle the corners, buy having the possibility to place a couple of players in certain areas of the pitch, and then to indicate exactly the order how the ball it is passed through them, each of the players having possibilities of dribbling, passing to the further player or shooting to the gate!

Hopefully somebody will take these in consideration! :) in this way the FM will have 2 dramatically new features and not only fixes or improvements of what it is already in place! :)

Cheers!!

When playing your last game at home of the season, would be nice if any players who are leaving/retiring got a mention in the commentary, if you sub them off they get a standing ovation and things like that

Just played my final league game with 4 players in the side who were leaving, 2 on free transfers, 1 contract expiring and the other retiring. 2 got goals and no mention it would be their last at the home ground

There is so many pages and post on that thread I didn't read everything, so I appologise if I repeat someone.

What I would like to see in the next FM is something who does exist in real world in every leagues : 24h before the match (sometime 48h for champions league match), the coach choose 18 or 19 players who will be on the "feuille de match" (depending of how many substitute we can have on the bench).

With the actual FM, we select the players we want to use just before the match and this is not realistic at all.

The fact to select 18 or 19 players will put more "pressure" on the players who are not selected. They will want to be their for the next match, etc...

Another thing I would like to see on FM is something who did exist long time ago in the 1st issues of the game (it was not FM at this time) : Lost for football. A big injury ? too many big injuries = lost for football. It does exist in real world but not in FM.. Sad. This is part of management : We pay to sign a player, the player brake his leg and knee and booom, lost for football. Annoying but so real..

Sorry for my poor level of english.

Please organise your posts in a way that makes obvious at a glance what they are about. :)

I just haven't been around to this thread for a while and I see a lot of new threads. It's generally too much work to go through half-a-post to find out what it'a about at all. There's too long paragraphs, no headings, etc.

What catches the eye is this:

Don't know if already mentioned:

1) Ball-boys. This could even be a tactical element, as the boys would intentionally throw a ball slower or even inaccurate when the home team is in front and maybe throw it very fast, when the home team runs a counter attack or needs a goal desperately. (It's just ridiculous to see my goalkeeper walk slowly to the corner flag to pick up the ball when I'm one goal behind in 89th minute. It takes up to 1 minute of match time to get the ball to its destination!)

2) Massively improve goal keeper AI. (I conceeded several goals from within the six-yard box because my GK didn't move or jump - good Bundesliga GK. You don't even see that kind of behaviour in the 4th or 5th league of most countries. Extensive study of real GK behaviour might be neccessary...)

3) Pressuring the opposite GK with own ST to provoke mispass. What I always see is this: Defender has ball -> ST attacks -> D passes back to GK -> ST runs after ball until GK stops ball, then suddenly runs back to field position -> GK walks forward a few steps -> ST "snaps" onto GK and attacks him again. Instead the ST should run after the ball and pressure the GK so that he has only a moment to control the ball and decide where to pass, provoking more mispasses from GKs. Also make GKs dramatically worse technicians so that they have real problems stopping and controlling the ball - especially with fast and/or high (bouncing) balls.

This is just f'ing great post. (The actual ideas are solid, but the structure of the text is immediately appealing!)

Then there's this:

I'm a widget fanatic during the match to keep my eye on the stats and so on, but having 8 or 9 up at one time can crowd the pitch a little bit i think, and doesn't look that great on the eye. There's a lot of space doing nothing at the top (see pic) why not put the widgets in the empty space, and allow the user to customize say 8 widgets to place in this space.

2nve4gi.png

Not the best of edited pics i know, but it get's my point across.

Although making mock-up screens is surprisingly time-consuming (if you don't work with graphics all the time) they convey the point across at a wonderful ease.

Archived