FM 2007 for me

Well I've given this game every chance I really have, but really I have no choice but to head back to FM 2007, the last playable/enjoyable version of this series.

The main and quite possibly only complaint I have is the match engine. Since 3D was introduced it has been so poor and so flawed. And yes I am aware you can watch it in 2D but that does not fix the match engine.

I really dont see the point in playing defenders in this new version, they do little of nothing. Marking? not a chance.

They do however farcially head the ball into their own net under no pressure quite often. Or simply face the other way when the ball is in their own penalty area, or they let the ball bounce off their heels and then just watch as a forward scores.

There is just no enjoyment for me in watching so many comical and basically unrealistic things happen in every single match. And the fact is you see them every match whether managing in the Blue Square Premier (where you might expect some things like that from time to time i grant you) or managing John Terry in the Champions League. The match engine reminds me of a very primitive version of an arcade game, or even a basketball game, where you just pass,pass,pass until you finally shoot and either score or miss.

Until the match engine is fixed and I mean fixed totally, I will not be purchasing another version to simply throw in the bin several weeks later.

Well I've given this game every chance I really have, but really I have no choice but to head back to FM 2007, the last playable/enjoyable version of this series.

The main and quite possibly only complaint I have is the match engine. Since 3D was introduced it has been so poor and so flawed. And yes I am aware you can watch it in 2D but that does not fix the match engine.

I really dont see the point in playing defenders in this new version, they do little of nothing. Marking? not a chance.

They do however farcially head the ball into their own net under no pressure quite often. Or simply face the other way when the ball is in their own penalty area, or they let the ball bounce off their heels and then just watch as a forward scores.

There is just no enjoyment for me in watching so many comical and basically unrealistic things happen in every single match. And the fact is you see them every match whether managing in the Blue Square Premier (where you might expect some things like that from time to time i grant you) or managing John Terry in the Champions League. The match engine reminds me of a very primitive version of an arcade game, or even a basketball game, where you just pass,pass,pass until you finally shoot and either score or miss.

Until the match engine is fixed and I mean fixed totally, I will not be purchasing another version to simply throw in the bin several weeks later.

I heard Chelsea is an a stupidly easy team on FM07, Enjoy.

Archived