Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

I'm sorry if it was suggested before, but english is not my first language and read 65 pages is a very hard effort to me.

I think would be important that when we creating the new manager we had the option to designate it as glory of the club. This is very common (and more in recent years) and I think it would create a different relationship with the team since the start of the game.

Sorry for my bad english.

Scandales. Where are the Vincent Tan, Jan Bech, Palermo chairman in the game? The kind of chairman giving tactical advices to the manager. Where are the crazy sugar daddys that are more clever than the manager himself and who upset the fanbase?

Agreed in part. Greater board interaction. At the moment there are no attributes to a board, the chairman isn't 'clickable', but there should be some obvious variation between chairmen and club ownership. Narcissists, philanthropists, weirdos, criminals, gangsters, conmen...and the occasional shrewd operator. It'd be a nice touch if board interaction went further than the board confidence screen we have at present. There is a big difference between, say, Peter Coates and Massimo Chellino, and this could be reflected better in the FM gameworld.

If lawyers didn't exist we could have that.

Haha, is that the reason why it isn't available? In which case, fair enough.

If lawyers didn't exist we could have that.

Could be solved with clickable add on feature with fictive named sugar daddys

Not sure I agree with you. I typicall use IF's and I find that they consistently move inside at various angles. Take Alexis Sanchez, for me he's constantly moving inside. Has even made crazy runs with a goal at the end. Messi has done this against me. I think wide players cutting inside is very well represented in FM.

You've missed my point entirely. The poster said what he's put as his suggestion isn't a wish and then gone on to to say something he would like to see in the game which belongs on this thread. Hence why I said this is where it belongs.

I don't know if this has already been mentioned .. but I'd really like the opportunity of saving a game during a match. I like to play the game on the full game watch facility & with all the stop starting I do in assessing how the match is going .. it takes me about two hour's per game !! :) Yeah .. my future game addition wish would be a mid match save game option.

I don't know if this has already been mentioned .. but I'd really like the opportunity of saving a game during a match. I like to play the game on the full game watch facility & with all the stop starting I do in assessing how the match is going .. it takes me about two hour's per game !! :) Yeah .. my future game addition wish would be a mid match save game option.

Wouldn't that be open to exploitation, though?

For example, if a user saved when they were 2-0 up at half-time in a home game and went on to lose 3-2, they could - if they wanted to - rage-quit and reload from when they were leading. I know that some users do reload when they lose games anyway, and although that's their prerogative, I don't feel a mid-match saving option would be a particularly great idea.

If it really does take you two hours (no apostrophe in hours) to play out a single match, I'd either reduce the highlights setting to Comprehensive or Extended, or invest in a more powerful PC/laptop (financial situation permitting, of course).

Possibly mentioned, but I've wanted to see management teams set up for a while.

To explain, i appoint a new assistant manager and u18 manager who i ask to join my management team, then if i change jobs the staff team also change to my new team, bringing my own staff automatically with me (would be an option in interview to bring in own team)

being able to import over saves from the last version would be great. Im sure its been mentioned but will again

Exclusive transfer bid option

Actually, the player salary wage will be much more demanding when competing the signature with other teams.

If there is an options to pay higher transfer fee to the owner club to discuss with the player exclusively.

The club will need to reject all offers from other clubs, it will be a nice one.

How about being able to talk to national managers about your players? I have two quality Danish players in my team and both of them are uncapped and not even in the squad. it would be good to either talk to the national manager directly or through the media and ask why they aren't being selected

I find myself wanting this option too. I've got a great young player banging them in in League 1, who definitely could be an asset to the Republic of Ireland in the future. He's been capped at underage level for England but not recently and would be eligible for the RoI. I don't seem to be able to encourage the player to declare for Ireland (granted, at the risk of angering him), nor to speak to the Ireland manager about taking a look at him. The more football this guy gets the better, and obviously as an Irish manager myself I'm biased.

There needs to be a focus on AI squad building. It simply needs to happen. Whats the point of progressing, when eventually, after 20-25 seasons, you will have won everything with Harrogate Town.

Needs to be much more competition LONG TERM.

Impressed with the UI, and massive thumbs up to SI

Player potential needs to be looked at. I mean, we will NEVER see a Jamie Vardy like regen now will we? This is what the game is lacking. A flexible and dynamic player potential system. Ill leave it up to SI to improve this.

Side note

Smarter AI managers also means tactically astute. In game, whether or not up against the user or not, the AI manager in this game might as well have zero next to all his stats. It doesnt make a difference IMO. A manager with threes and twos next to his name can take over Stoke and finish top 6 for example

Will use the editor to prove this. AI manager stats mean nothing until this area is fixed.

Is there any possibility in the future, we can play FM 18, for example, with FM 16 database ?

I'd like the FM14 UI to return please. *mumbles under breath about sidebar*

I'd like the FM14 UI to return please. *mumbles under breath about sidebar*

I'm still playing FM14 - best one ever IMO

Game needs to improve tactically. More personal tactical approaches need to be made available. I want to be known as a defensive minded coach. How can I relay this to my players in FM?

When I resign as manager after 4-5 years, I expect more of a backlash. From media or fans etc. All we get now is the message ' Manager resigns. And then we get a shortlist of the new managers who are favorites for the job. This media/news area needs to be improved. Feels like I just clicked a button and resigned. I am aware that the world aint stopping because of a resignation etc, but where due, it would be nice to see some fans protesting, or players being shocked, or even fans begging me to return. Especially if I resign impulsively after 10 years at a club with reasonable success.

With tactics, I still cant get my wingers to defend. I want them too sit back and help my fullbacks at all times when the opposition is attacking. But FM is limited here. No way I can specifically target this area. Disappointing. People will say to change roles etc. Im aware. However, I want to specifically tell my winger(s) to drop and assist the fullbacks.

More feedback to come

Game needs to improve tactically. More personal tactical approaches need to be made available. I want to be known as a defensive minded coach. How can I relay this to my players in FM?

When I resign as manager after 4-5 years, I expect more of a backlash. From media or fans etc. All we get now is the message ' Manager resigns. And then we get a shortlist of the new managers who are favorites for the job. This media/news area needs to be improved. Feels like I just clicked a button and resigned. I am aware that the world aint stopping because of a resignation etc, but where due, it would be nice to see some fans protesting, or players being shocked, or even fans begging me to return. Especially if I resign impulsively after 10 years at a club with reasonable success.

With tactics, I still cant get my wingers to defend. I want them too sit back and help my fullbacks at all times when the opposition is attacking. But FM is limited here. No way I can specifically target this area. Disappointing. People will say to change roles etc. Im aware. However, I want to specifically tell my winger(s) to drop and assist the fullbacks.

More feedback to come

I'd like to think we all want to see that level of improvement, I certainly do. The difficulty will be in getting AI managers to make full use of any new tactical tools as they're still struggling to be effective with the current system.

I'd also be careful what you wish for as a tactical system with more depth that can be effectively utilised by AI managers will likely see more of us exposed as tactical idiots who know very little about football, do you really think that you could outwit AI Conte, Mourinho, Guardiola, et al if they had a similar level of tactical intelligence as their real life counterparts?

I'd like to think we all want to see that level of improvement, I certainly do. The difficulty will be in getting AI managers to make full use of any new tactical tools as they're still struggling to be effective with the current system.

I'd also be careful what you wish for as a tactical system with more depth that can be effectively utilised by AI managers will likely see more of us exposed as tactical idiots who know very little about football, do you really think that you could outwit AI Conte, Mourinho, Guardiola, et al if they had a similar level of tactical intelligence as their real life counterparts?

Fair point. Its a balancing act here for sure. Tricky for SI. However, I feel it is something that will take at least another 2-3 years before it is implemented. It is needed in future. Its what will make it a true Football Simulation

Manager style/personality/MPM(manager preferred moves)

For eg, Pochettino will have like to give young players a chance. Or if it's someone like Wenger, doesn't like spending big on players.

Vasili good thinking however this again falls under AI management ability. Which relates to AI managers being tactically flexible also. This aspect of the game will take years to initiate. Small steps need to be taken.

Manager style/personality/MPM(manager preferred moves)

For eg, Pochettino will have like to give young players a chance. Or if it's someone like Wenger, doesn't like spending big on players.

Those are already part of the non-player data.

My wishlist:

1) Reserve teams play on next day after First Team. This is more real, since most teams give a day off to whom have played official matches and those who didn't play usually work.

Team - Squad Readiness ("Profundidade do elenco" in Portuguese) - an option to show this related to my tactics. Would give a result similar to "best 11" with best reserves.

Team meeting - more option related to what we can yell during a match. For instante, sometimes I have to shout for "concentrate". It would be nice to talk about this in a meeting.

Calendar - sometimes a team wants to anticipate or postpone a match, mainly because of other matches. For instance, I may have a match on Sunday and Saturday and receive a "new" Cup match in the Wednesday between. When this happens, we should be able to ask for the Saturday match to be postponed - which most likely wouldn't, but it could happen 10%-20%.

Calendar - "Supporters day" - we should be able to ask board for some specific matches to be a supporters day. let's say something about 10 matches a year.

Calendar - it should be possible to select which stadium to play (obviously in the (rare) cases the team has more than one). For example, Fluminense uses Maracanã and Volta Redonda, but they has different costs and different ticket sales.

Ticket prices could be set between a predefined range. Increase in season ticket prices could make changes in this range. Some competitions (specially Cups) should allow to change ticket prices up to 1 week before match.

Friendly matches/ trip: some club could be host of the trip. For example, if you travel to Spain, you could be hosted by Barcelona (if they accept) or by Cartagena, Girona, Numancia, depending on your reputation and affiliates). This should affect training levels - think about preseason and inter-season.

Tactics - we are only allowed to train 3, but if I replace one of them by a 4th one, the team rapidly forgets the previous one. Maybe the training levels should indicate practice on each level, for example: pressing (low...high), defensive line (low...high).

Competitions - most of them are very stable and rules "never" change, but some are adapted from time to time. This could be represented. for example, some Cups could avoid a 2nd leg if away team win first leg by 2 goals. This could change. Teams entering 1/4 finals. Away goals. Rules (points, wins, goals x points, goals, wins). Finals in 1 match only.

Match - penalty replays on the foul.

I'd love two possible options for the online mode:

1. Being able to export a "create your own club" team to play in versus mode

2. Export a database to play in Fantasy Draft mode

Training screen for international teams. It's ridiculous how you can't rest players or train specific things for internationals. Used to at least be able to do match focus but even that's gone now.

Better media recognition. Smarter media and smarter questions. Twitter integration directly on my news feed. Match odds in decimal format even possible??

Having a meeting with only my defenders for example. Meetings during training would be nice. Having a chat with my players about the previous match. Needs more realism.

Please make more of the important news items as must respond. i play with continue game time out turned on. which means normally i can go from 1 match to the next in pretty fast time but im missing out on important stuff playing in china atm. its transfer window 2 and half seasons in and the board accept 2 transfer bids for my 2 best Chinese players center back and main striker. and both were sold without me being able to do anything. also when players are sent of in matches please make it so the appeal red card or fining the player is a must respond item keeps making my team unhappy not fining players

Guys,

Do we have some good examples of things people listed in Wishlist that got implemented by SI staff ?

Guys,

Do we have some good examples of things people listed in Wishlist that got implemented by SI staff ?

If you read a wishlist from 2 or 3 years ago you'll probably find some stuff that has made it in.

This screen would be more useful with a couple more columns. Alternatively, make the columns editable:

YuF1oNu.png

I would like to see three details, really: Loan Expectation (first team, rotation, etc), Loaned Since (when they joined that club) and Possible Appearances (i.e. how many games they could have played in, to compare how many they actually have played in). I don't really need to see ability and potential on this screen, if space were a concern.

Potential Ability. Restructure

Look at Vardy. 3 years ago, no one on FM would sign him

PA system needs to change. If, for example, a player is the top goalscorer in the division for 2 years running, he should get a PA boost. Needs to become more dynamic. If certain events occur in game, that could increase, or even decrease PA, then it needs to happen. Not saying every player in the game should have an increase/decrease based on the fact that they are performing well, however it needs to be considered by SI. PA is too concrete at the moment. It may be a tricky area to implement, but if the game is going to become more realistic and life like, then this is up there on the list.

Some examples

- 22 year old midfielder in the Conference, in two seasons prior was averaging 10 goals and 20 assists a season. Potential PA boost. Hidden attributes would need to be calculated here however. Ambition would be one massive one. If a player who scores 30 goals in a season has a crappy ambition and determination rating, then his chances of a PA boost would lessen or not be as high as a player with higher hidden abilities.

This algorithm may be tricky however by no means is it impossible to add into the game. If such PA boost occurs, SI couls take it further and implement it in the media. Player A shows improvement and now is the target of Leeds United, for example.

Im aware that hidden stats are here for these similiar reasons, but their effect in game need to play more significant a role. (PA building)

In terms of gameplay that would just further the already quite pronounced way in which success leads to further success and failure leads to more failure and tailspins you can't recover from.

If your player is getting results does he really need more PA?

Sports Scientists, Psychologists, Nutritionists and other areas to be added to the list of clubs medical staff??

Sports Scientists, Psychologists, Nutritionists and other areas to be added to the list of clubs medical staff??
Can you expand on how such staff would influence your club & players? Also as balance is needed what impact would not having those staff at your club?

Here is something that has been floating around my mind for a few FM editions and by being an ex-researcher for FM, I do somewhat understand how the game code handles certain things. Also, I am professionally involved in the world of sports administration so I see how these things work in practice as well. It is concerning the 2nd/reserve/amateur teams some leagues tend do have (Germany, Spain, Portugal, Russia etc.) and in my opinion this new addition would massively improve the game and add a new layer of "life" to its world.

Idea name: Reserve team reform (RTR)

Idea focus: Development of youth players

Game area: Board interaction

Development/processing resources required: None to minimal

Needed features already in place: 80%, needs a 20% polish

Real life-background: Some clubs have 2nd teams that they use for the development of their players. Very rarely, these are set as separate clubs, such is the case of some Ukrainian clubs where the clubs have to "loan" players there rather than send them to another squad/team of the same club. However, the majority of the clubs in question have separate squads which play in the same league pyramid as the main squad of the club. It is sometimes in many ways better playing the players in own 2nd teams then loaning them out since those players remain in the club's training system often receiving better training both in regards to facilities and coaches and continue their "Trained at club" period which is otherwise broken by loaning them out to another club. At the same time, they still remain available for the senior team as well in an injury crisis or for cup-competitions. Therefore, many clubs look to strengthen their 2nd teams in order for them to be more competitive in the higher leagues and therefore provide better playing experience for the young players playing there.

Game background: The FM engine handles this in a way where those clubs which have these 2nd teams can often utilize them in a number of ways. You can promote players from and send them to these reserve teams like you would do with your U-19 team. You will be able to do this with German clubs (e.g. Stuttgart II), Spanish (Barcelona B), Croatian (Hajduk II) etc.

When researching clubs, researchers have to assign certain values for each of the clubs in the database, including their regional origin. This is important if a club is relegated down the pyramid so the game will know where to assign that club in question. So, if Bayern gets relegated to the 4th divison, they will find their way to the southern regional leagues, rather than those in the north. The same way would happen with some other leagues which have this regional split somewhere down the line, either playable or unplayable.

The same is with the clubs/teams that are unplayable. The researchers enter their regional status and their current (unplayable) league or regional location.

So, when you have a lowest possible playable tier in a certain FM league (3rd in the German league if I am not mistaken), the clubs which are relegated from that league will find their way to the next unplayable league which applies to their regional position (e.g. Bayern to Regionalliga Bayern, HSV to Regionalliga Nord etc.). This applies both to the main team (e.g. Schalke) as well as their second team if they have one which is always relegated one tier before (e.g. Schalke II will get relegated regardless of their position if Schalke gets relegated to their league). The game will then randomly generate "champions" of those lower leagues either through play-offs and promote them in the lowest possible playable league. For example, you might see TSV Havelse popping up in a few seasons or St. Pauli II. The game uses club/team reputation and random elements in order to fill the lowest playable league.

Game problem: If a player takes over a lower-stature club (e.g. Union Berlin) and leads them to glory in 10 or 20 seasons, they will never-ever be able to use their second teams in their full capacity since their second teams (e.g. Union Berlin II) will never get promoted to the 3rd Bundesliga since they were too far down the pyramid at the start of the players' adventure. Those players who tend to play longer games with 10+ seasons will see the same teams (re)appearing in the lowest leagues while some clubs will remain eternally locked in the unplayable divisions. Their clubs could be the best and richest clubs in the world with loads of money but once-big clubs such as Stuttgart for example might still hold on to their 2nd teams in the lower leagues since they were "good/high enough" at the beginning of that save. If Bayern II gets relegated outside the playable divisions, they will most likely return in a few seasons by this reputation/random factor. However, Union Berlin II, Hertha Zehlendorf or VFC Plauen will remain eternally locked in a league which is too low in order to be considered for promotion. Even if you buy an awfully-rated youngster from Hertha Zehlendorf for 20 million GB/EUR/USD they will still be too weak to get promoted, even if the AI re-invests the money into new players. Why? Their researcher-set division and reputation are just too low to be considered and there is hardly any dynamic there.

Suggested solution: Introduce an option where an established manager could ask their board to invest more money into their 2nd/amateur team if they have one. The money would be used by the board to actually simulate their efforts of bringing up their 2nd team through the divisions so it is available in the playable leagues and could be used for the development of their own players in a much better way. Any money needed could be taken from the transfer budget and used for that purpose (e.g. "The Board agrees that it would be in the club's best interest to develop an infrastructure needed to increase the development of our own players further. If that is to be achieved, the Union Berlin II squad should be integral in those efforts and should be brought at least to the 3rd Bundesliga. In order for this to be achieved, the Board will use 15% of the club's season transfer budget until Union Berlin II is promoted to the 3rd Bundesliga. After consulting the club's Director of Football and its General Secretary, the Board believes that this goal could be achieved within 4 to 7 seasons. Since you have been the manager for quite some time now, the Board has agreed to give the final decision to you regarding the playing squad of Union Berlin II - would you like to assign the Director of Football to manage the transfers of players to and from the Union Berlin II side until they reach the 3rd Bundesliga or you would like to do this yourself? The Board would like to remind you that you will be able to increase the percentage of the transfer budget available to the Director of Football each season or place some of our younger and veteran players there to help our amateur side on their way up. Keep in mind that some of our more established players will find it unacceptable to play in such a weak competition for anything more than regaining their form after an injury.")

On the other hand, you could also get: "Although the board in principle agrees with your idea, it currently believes that you have not been the manager of this club for too long and have not showed an affinity towards the development of young players. We therefore reject this initiative as we do not feel comfortable entering into a such long-term commitment with your current signing and management philosophy and time with the club." Another option would be that your transfer budget is just too low in order to reassign some of it to the 2nd team.

Final result: By talking to the board, the player would be able to ask them to invest in the promotion of the 2nd team through the divisions. The player could "speed-up" this process by signing players and placing them into their second teams (the games are already simulated, if you leave a player there for a few weeks he will get a career history entry like he played some games for them) or by increasing the transfer budget percentage available to the Director of Football. Also, signing better staff that is managing/coaching this team would also increase this chance and shorten the promotion period (this is already in the game, you can sign staff for 2nd teams in most cases). If the player plays his cards right, he will have a 2nd team in the lowest possible division of that league and will be able to place some of the promising youngsters there and see the team rising through the divisions. An ideal result would be to have a strong team in the highest division and a club in the highest possible division for those 2nd teams. Even if your 2nd team gets relegated through "the hole" at the bottom the playable division, they will return in a season or two if you ask your board or fill the squad with decent players.

For example, in real life GNK Dinamo Zagreb wants to have a champion-side every year in Croatia but the strongest team in the 2nd division as well, regardless of the fact that they cannot be promoted further to the same division as the first team. Their young players will always have great coaching and facilities, regular 2nd division football, "Trained by club" status and they will be available as back-ups for the first team always. The same thing is with Barcelona, Real Madrid and so on - they need 2nd teams as high as possible. Right now, the FM does not allow that for all clubs, only for those that were strong enough at the start of the game. By introducing this new feature, I am of the opinion that it would help massively to those players who prefer developing clubs through many seasons.

Regen stats should make more sense. I don't want to see every new regen central defender have 20's for heading, marking and tackling, but 4 for technique. You don't see players like that in real life. Surely some are lacking but generally stats are more balanced.

I also feel many regens can get their physical attributes too high.

Lastly I rarely see players with high stats for dribbling, technique AND flair. IRL many technical flashy players obviously score high(er) on those three fronts, but ''stat balance'' often makes no sense in my eyes.

Yeah needs to happen. But staff are useless in FM. So their addition would be merely cosmetic

Can you expand on how such staff would influence your club & players? Also as balance is needed what impact would not having those staff at your club?

Going to admit, I had not thought that deeply about the suggestion.

But.....

Nutritionists - Players come back in a better state after a pre-season break, need less extended leave compared to other teams that do not have these members of staff....for example, the players did not have a clear plan to take care of themselves during the break Some random component in players who blindly disregard to rule and come back over weight even if they had a nutritionists plan....could this effect regens weight? increase/decrease speed. agility, balance...etc??

Psychologists - Players have a greater sense of determination, more able to end a bad run of form / streak without scoring.

Sports Scientists - Not really sure what these guys do in real life, but I have made a post in this thread previously that having the ability to upgrade medical facilities, like Youth and Training seems like a logical step, surely most teams have medical facilities now......sports science can be a factor in that?? To get Category X Medical facilities, you need 2 Sports Scientists, 2 Psychologists and a Nutritionist.

Overall, these can be hidden stat boosts that operate in the background to effect certain player attributes.

Player attributes as words, instead of numbers. It is far from real to say a player's passing is 14 and it's shooting is 15.

In real life, Barcelona do not scout a 16 passing player ;-)

Team members should use words, like: fair, good, excellent. Different scouts would say different words, with the following:

- the better the scout is (ex: Continental license), the better his set of words. For example, a Continental license could say terrible, very bad, bad, average, fair, good, very good, excellent, superb, but a newbie could say bad, fair, very good, superb.

- different scouts could have different opinios - as real as real life.

To implement this, each scout would have a (hidden) bias. For example, Scout #1 could usually increase "passing" perception if the player has a high imprevisibility, and Scout #2 could increase "passing" perception if the player has a high "game view" (visão de jogo, in Portuguese).

Also, as a player is less known, it would be more difficult to say something about him. As it is today, in a single report we know all player attributes with low chance of error.

This way, we would really need several scouts to have high confidence about a player.

Scout discovers: they should get information faster as the player plays, and slower as the players do not play. Other players in the same observed match should have information increased. The same way, when we play against a team, we should have more information about the other team after the match.

Yeah needs to happen. But staff are useless in FM. So their addition would be merely cosmetic

I can't see this working well, sounds too frothy. As l play the game at present l just assume nutritionists and sports scientists exist and go about their business in the background, as they do IRL. As for sports psychologists, to me that's only a smidgen away from being able to hire Eileen Drewery.

Player attributes as words, instead of numbers. It is far from real to say a player's passing is 14 and it's shooting is 15.

In real life, Barcelona do not scout a 16 passing player ;-)

Team members should use words, like: fair, good, excellent. Different scouts would say different words, with the following:

- the better the scout is (ex: Continental license), the better his set of words. For example, a Continental license could say terrible, very bad, bad, average, fair, good, very good, excellent, superb, but a newbie could say bad, fair, very good, superb.

- different scouts could have different opinios - as real as real life.

To implement this, each scout would have a (hidden) bias. For example, Scout #1 could usually increase "passing" perception if the player has a high imprevisibility, and Scout #2 could increase "passing" perception if the player has a high "game view" (visão de jogo, in Portuguese).

Also, as a player is less known, it would be more difficult to say something about him. As it is today, in a single report we know all player attributes with low chance of error.

This way, we would really need several scouts to have high confidence about a player.

Scout discovers: they should get information faster as the player plays, and slower as the players do not play. Other players in the same observed match should have information increased. The same way, when we play against a team, we should have more information about the other team after the match.

Horrible idea! Numbers are there for coding purposes. You obviously dont understand the mechanics behind the Match Engine. So you expect the match engine to decode words such as fair and excellent?

Horrible idea! Numbers are there for coding purposes. You obviously dont understand the mechanics behind the Match Engine. So you expect the match engine to decode words such as fair and excellent?

I've removed the unnecessary part in your post. If you disagree, fine, but we're adults.

It's quite possible to have both. The underlying system of numbers can still be there, but the UI can convert it to show us that a number between 1 and 3 is "Very Poor" for instance. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the 'wish', but it's just silly to dismiss something without even thinking about it.

Going to admit, I had not thought that deeply about the suggestion.

But.....

Nutritionists - Players come back in a better state after a pre-season break, need less extended leave compared to other teams that do not have these members of staff....for example, the players did not have a clear plan to take care of themselves during the break Some random component in players who blindly disregard to rule and come back over weight even if they had a nutritionists plan....could this effect regens weight? increase/decrease speed. agility, balance...etc??

Psychologists - Players have a greater sense of determination, more able to end a bad run of form / streak without scoring.

Sports Scientists - Not really sure what these guys do in real life, but I have made a post in this thread previously that having the ability to upgrade medical facilities, like Youth and Training seems like a logical step, surely most teams have medical facilities now......sports science can be a factor in that?? To get Category X Medical facilities, you need 2 Sports Scientists, 2 Psychologists and a Nutritionist.

Overall, these can be hidden stat boosts that operate in the background to effect certain player attributes.

This is all nice but managers very rarely appoint that staff, if ever. In my opinion it could be very dangerous to go down that road since we would have people suggesting that we appoint marketing managers, general secretaries, development managers, civil engineers in charge of stadium expansion etc.

Some things are just "simulated" and best kept at that level. Perhaps a "medical/background staff" stat like with stadiums and training facilities could be introduced and then upgraded after a board request.

I'm not sure physios should be in the game any more. Their role in football is now undertaken by a wide range of different job titles, and it's hardly a compelling gameplay feature.

Just add a Medical Facilities entry to the club information alongside Youth Training and what have you if need be, that we can ask to upgrade as desired (as /\ said).

I'd like to see manager (us) have agents - we discuss what our career goals are and he creates a path for us. You will be able to change agents and obviously the better the agent the more likely you'd get a top job. He'll be able to highlight potential vacancies and approach clubs on our behalf as well as give feedback on the likelihood of us successfully applying.

Second area of improvement is around sponsorship - no matter how successful I am it stays more or less static. I've won everything a lot of times with spurs yet my sponsorship is still around the £63m mark. I'd like to see sponsorship increase as my success does. I've already won the CL as many times as Man U and their sponsorship deal is worth £200M+.

The director of football now make suggestions on transfer which is a welcome improvement however we could take this even further with pre transfer meeting about areas of the squad that require improvement. This could include the DoF, Assistant Mgr, Chief Scout based on current scouting knowledge and then the DoF does his thing.

All other points like scouting and staff feedback have been mentioned, I hope they are fixed...

Thanks

Dan

United haven't been as bad a team as they are now in 20 years, but their sponsorship income has never been higher. They have "official partners" for everything. It's not linked solely to footballing success, clearly.

United haven't been as bad a team as they are now in 20 years, but their sponsorship income has never been higher. They have "official partners" for everything. It's not linked solely to footballing success, clearly.

This is a fair point, however if he's won everything with Spurs then surely he should be in a similar position to United now where they're an internationally known team. IMO the issue isn't with United's sponsorship being so high. My issue would be that everyone else's sponsorship is too low.

Example: In 2040 on my Orient save on FM15, I'd won the Champions League 14 times including 6 on the spin. Yet my sponsorship still wasn't anywhere near United/Madrid/Barca levels of £200m+. Despite the fact that I had the same reputation and had been far more successful than them in recent years, my sponsorship was a meagre (said in jest) £120m. While this is high, it's not as high as it should be.

Sure, United are not as good as they were however their sponsorship income is based on previous success. Their £200m deal with Chevrolet was signed in 2012 and their £750m with Adidas was signed in 2014 (only one year post Ferguson). Without there previous success there is no way they could have signed these types of deals, I want the game to reflect this - the more successful you are the more sponsorship you receive.