What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sports Scientists, Psychologists, Nutritionists and other areas to be added to the list of clubs medical staff??
Can you expand on how such staff would influence your club & players? Also as balance is needed what impact would not having those staff at your club?

Here is something that has been floating around my mind for a few FM editions and by being an ex-researcher for FM, I do somewhat understand how the game code handles certain things. Also, I am professionally involved in the world of sports administration so I see how these things work in practice as well. It is concerning the 2nd/reserve/amateur teams some leagues tend do have (Germany, Spain, Portugal, Russia etc.) and in my opinion this new addition would massively improve the game and add a new layer of "life" to its world.

Idea name: Reserve team reform (RTR)

Idea focus: Development of youth players

Game area: Board interaction

Development/processing resources required: None to minimal

Needed features already in place: 80%, needs a 20% polish

Real life-background: Some clubs have 2nd teams that they use for the development of their players. Very rarely, these are set as separate clubs, such is the case of some Ukrainian clubs where the clubs have to "loan" players there rather than send them to another squad/team of the same club. However, the majority of the clubs in question have separate squads which play in the same league pyramid as the main squad of the club. It is sometimes in many ways better playing the players in own 2nd teams then loaning them out since those players remain in the club's training system often receiving better training both in regards to facilities and coaches and continue their "Trained at club" period which is otherwise broken by loaning them out to another club. At the same time, they still remain available for the senior team as well in an injury crisis or for cup-competitions. Therefore, many clubs look to strengthen their 2nd teams in order for them to be more competitive in the higher leagues and therefore provide better playing experience for the young players playing there.

Game background: The FM engine handles this in a way where those clubs which have these 2nd teams can often utilize them in a number of ways. You can promote players from and send them to these reserve teams like you would do with your U-19 team. You will be able to do this with German clubs (e.g. Stuttgart II), Spanish (Barcelona B), Croatian (Hajduk II) etc.

When researching clubs, researchers have to assign certain values for each of the clubs in the database, including their regional origin. This is important if a club is relegated down the pyramid so the game will know where to assign that club in question. So, if Bayern gets relegated to the 4th divison, they will find their way to the southern regional leagues, rather than those in the north. The same way would happen with some other leagues which have this regional split somewhere down the line, either playable or unplayable.

The same is with the clubs/teams that are unplayable. The researchers enter their regional status and their current (unplayable) league or regional location.

So, when you have a lowest possible playable tier in a certain FM league (3rd in the German league if I am not mistaken), the clubs which are relegated from that league will find their way to the next unplayable league which applies to their regional position (e.g. Bayern to Regionalliga Bayern, HSV to Regionalliga Nord etc.). This applies both to the main team (e.g. Schalke) as well as their second team if they have one which is always relegated one tier before (e.g. Schalke II will get relegated regardless of their position if Schalke gets relegated to their league). The game will then randomly generate "champions" of those lower leagues either through play-offs and promote them in the lowest possible playable league. For example, you might see TSV Havelse popping up in a few seasons or St. Pauli II. The game uses club/team reputation and random elements in order to fill the lowest playable league.

Game problem: If a player takes over a lower-stature club (e.g. Union Berlin) and leads them to glory in 10 or 20 seasons, they will never-ever be able to use their second teams in their full capacity since their second teams (e.g. Union Berlin II) will never get promoted to the 3rd Bundesliga since they were too far down the pyramid at the start of the players' adventure. Those players who tend to play longer games with 10+ seasons will see the same teams (re)appearing in the lowest leagues while some clubs will remain eternally locked in the unplayable divisions. Their clubs could be the best and richest clubs in the world with loads of money but once-big clubs such as Stuttgart for example might still hold on to their 2nd teams in the lower leagues since they were "good/high enough" at the beginning of that save. If Bayern II gets relegated outside the playable divisions, they will most likely return in a few seasons by this reputation/random factor. However, Union Berlin II, Hertha Zehlendorf or VFC Plauen will remain eternally locked in a league which is too low in order to be considered for promotion. Even if you buy an awfully-rated youngster from Hertha Zehlendorf for 20 million GB/EUR/USD they will still be too weak to get promoted, even if the AI re-invests the money into new players. Why? Their researcher-set division and reputation are just too low to be considered and there is hardly any dynamic there.

Suggested solution: Introduce an option where an established manager could ask their board to invest more money into their 2nd/amateur team if they have one. The money would be used by the board to actually simulate their efforts of bringing up their 2nd team through the divisions so it is available in the playable leagues and could be used for the development of their own players in a much better way. Any money needed could be taken from the transfer budget and used for that purpose (e.g. "The Board agrees that it would be in the club's best interest to develop an infrastructure needed to increase the development of our own players further. If that is to be achieved, the Union Berlin II squad should be integral in those efforts and should be brought at least to the 3rd Bundesliga. In order for this to be achieved, the Board will use 15% of the club's season transfer budget until Union Berlin II is promoted to the 3rd Bundesliga. After consulting the club's Director of Football and its General Secretary, the Board believes that this goal could be achieved within 4 to 7 seasons. Since you have been the manager for quite some time now, the Board has agreed to give the final decision to you regarding the playing squad of Union Berlin II - would you like to assign the Director of Football to manage the transfers of players to and from the Union Berlin II side until they reach the 3rd Bundesliga or you would like to do this yourself? The Board would like to remind you that you will be able to increase the percentage of the transfer budget available to the Director of Football each season or place some of our younger and veteran players there to help our amateur side on their way up. Keep in mind that some of our more established players will find it unacceptable to play in such a weak competition for anything more than regaining their form after an injury.")

On the other hand, you could also get: "Although the board in principle agrees with your idea, it currently believes that you have not been the manager of this club for too long and have not showed an affinity towards the development of young players. We therefore reject this initiative as we do not feel comfortable entering into a such long-term commitment with your current signing and management philosophy and time with the club." Another option would be that your transfer budget is just too low in order to reassign some of it to the 2nd team.

Final result: By talking to the board, the player would be able to ask them to invest in the promotion of the 2nd team through the divisions. The player could "speed-up" this process by signing players and placing them into their second teams (the games are already simulated, if you leave a player there for a few weeks he will get a career history entry like he played some games for them) or by increasing the transfer budget percentage available to the Director of Football. Also, signing better staff that is managing/coaching this team would also increase this chance and shorten the promotion period (this is already in the game, you can sign staff for 2nd teams in most cases). If the player plays his cards right, he will have a 2nd team in the lowest possible division of that league and will be able to place some of the promising youngsters there and see the team rising through the divisions. An ideal result would be to have a strong team in the highest division and a club in the highest possible division for those 2nd teams. Even if your 2nd team gets relegated through "the hole" at the bottom the playable division, they will return in a season or two if you ask your board or fill the squad with decent players.

For example, in real life GNK Dinamo Zagreb wants to have a champion-side every year in Croatia but the strongest team in the 2nd division as well, regardless of the fact that they cannot be promoted further to the same division as the first team. Their young players will always have great coaching and facilities, regular 2nd division football, "Trained by club" status and they will be available as back-ups for the first team always. The same thing is with Barcelona, Real Madrid and so on - they need 2nd teams as high as possible. Right now, the FM does not allow that for all clubs, only for those that were strong enough at the start of the game. By introducing this new feature, I am of the opinion that it would help massively to those players who prefer developing clubs through many seasons.

Regen stats should make more sense. I don't want to see every new regen central defender have 20's for heading, marking and tackling, but 4 for technique. You don't see players like that in real life. Surely some are lacking but generally stats are more balanced.

I also feel many regens can get their physical attributes too high.

Lastly I rarely see players with high stats for dribbling, technique AND flair. IRL many technical flashy players obviously score high(er) on those three fronts, but ''stat balance'' often makes no sense in my eyes.

Can you expand on how such staff would influence your club & players? Also as balance is needed what impact would not having those staff at your club?

Going to admit, I had not thought that deeply about the suggestion.

But.....

Nutritionists - Players come back in a better state after a pre-season break, need less extended leave compared to other teams that do not have these members of staff....for example, the players did not have a clear plan to take care of themselves during the break Some random component in players who blindly disregard to rule and come back over weight even if they had a nutritionists plan....could this effect regens weight? increase/decrease speed. agility, balance...etc??

Psychologists - Players have a greater sense of determination, more able to end a bad run of form / streak without scoring.

Sports Scientists - Not really sure what these guys do in real life, but I have made a post in this thread previously that having the ability to upgrade medical facilities, like Youth and Training seems like a logical step, surely most teams have medical facilities now......sports science can be a factor in that?? To get Category X Medical facilities, you need 2 Sports Scientists, 2 Psychologists and a Nutritionist.

Overall, these can be hidden stat boosts that operate in the background to effect certain player attributes.

Player attributes as words, instead of numbers. It is far from real to say a player's passing is 14 and it's shooting is 15.

In real life, Barcelona do not scout a 16 passing player ;-)

Team members should use words, like: fair, good, excellent. Different scouts would say different words, with the following:

- the better the scout is (ex: Continental license), the better his set of words. For example, a Continental license could say terrible, very bad, bad, average, fair, good, very good, excellent, superb, but a newbie could say bad, fair, very good, superb.

- different scouts could have different opinios - as real as real life.

To implement this, each scout would have a (hidden) bias. For example, Scout #1 could usually increase "passing" perception if the player has a high imprevisibility, and Scout #2 could increase "passing" perception if the player has a high "game view" (visão de jogo, in Portuguese).

Also, as a player is less known, it would be more difficult to say something about him. As it is today, in a single report we know all player attributes with low chance of error.

This way, we would really need several scouts to have high confidence about a player.

Scout discovers: they should get information faster as the player plays, and slower as the players do not play. Other players in the same observed match should have information increased. The same way, when we play against a team, we should have more information about the other team after the match.

Yeah needs to happen. But staff are useless in FM. So their addition would be merely cosmetic

I can't see this working well, sounds too frothy. As l play the game at present l just assume nutritionists and sports scientists exist and go about their business in the background, as they do IRL. As for sports psychologists, to me that's only a smidgen away from being able to hire Eileen Drewery.

Player attributes as words, instead of numbers. It is far from real to say a player's passing is 14 and it's shooting is 15.

In real life, Barcelona do not scout a 16 passing player ;-)

Team members should use words, like: fair, good, excellent. Different scouts would say different words, with the following:

- the better the scout is (ex: Continental license), the better his set of words. For example, a Continental license could say terrible, very bad, bad, average, fair, good, very good, excellent, superb, but a newbie could say bad, fair, very good, superb.

- different scouts could have different opinios - as real as real life.

To implement this, each scout would have a (hidden) bias. For example, Scout #1 could usually increase "passing" perception if the player has a high imprevisibility, and Scout #2 could increase "passing" perception if the player has a high "game view" (visão de jogo, in Portuguese).

Also, as a player is less known, it would be more difficult to say something about him. As it is today, in a single report we know all player attributes with low chance of error.

This way, we would really need several scouts to have high confidence about a player.

Scout discovers: they should get information faster as the player plays, and slower as the players do not play. Other players in the same observed match should have information increased. The same way, when we play against a team, we should have more information about the other team after the match.

Horrible idea! Numbers are there for coding purposes. You obviously dont understand the mechanics behind the Match Engine. So you expect the match engine to decode words such as fair and excellent?

Horrible idea! Numbers are there for coding purposes. You obviously dont understand the mechanics behind the Match Engine. So you expect the match engine to decode words such as fair and excellent?

I've removed the unnecessary part in your post. If you disagree, fine, but we're adults.

It's quite possible to have both. The underlying system of numbers can still be there, but the UI can convert it to show us that a number between 1 and 3 is "Very Poor" for instance. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the 'wish', but it's just silly to dismiss something without even thinking about it.

Going to admit, I had not thought that deeply about the suggestion.

But.....

Nutritionists - Players come back in a better state after a pre-season break, need less extended leave compared to other teams that do not have these members of staff....for example, the players did not have a clear plan to take care of themselves during the break Some random component in players who blindly disregard to rule and come back over weight even if they had a nutritionists plan....could this effect regens weight? increase/decrease speed. agility, balance...etc??

Psychologists - Players have a greater sense of determination, more able to end a bad run of form / streak without scoring.

Sports Scientists - Not really sure what these guys do in real life, but I have made a post in this thread previously that having the ability to upgrade medical facilities, like Youth and Training seems like a logical step, surely most teams have medical facilities now......sports science can be a factor in that?? To get Category X Medical facilities, you need 2 Sports Scientists, 2 Psychologists and a Nutritionist.

Overall, these can be hidden stat boosts that operate in the background to effect certain player attributes.

This is all nice but managers very rarely appoint that staff, if ever. In my opinion it could be very dangerous to go down that road since we would have people suggesting that we appoint marketing managers, general secretaries, development managers, civil engineers in charge of stadium expansion etc.

Some things are just "simulated" and best kept at that level. Perhaps a "medical/background staff" stat like with stadiums and training facilities could be introduced and then upgraded after a board request.

I'm not sure physios should be in the game any more. Their role in football is now undertaken by a wide range of different job titles, and it's hardly a compelling gameplay feature.

Just add a Medical Facilities entry to the club information alongside Youth Training and what have you if need be, that we can ask to upgrade as desired (as /\ said).

I'd like to see manager (us) have agents - we discuss what our career goals are and he creates a path for us. You will be able to change agents and obviously the better the agent the more likely you'd get a top job. He'll be able to highlight potential vacancies and approach clubs on our behalf as well as give feedback on the likelihood of us successfully applying.

Second area of improvement is around sponsorship - no matter how successful I am it stays more or less static. I've won everything a lot of times with spurs yet my sponsorship is still around the £63m mark. I'd like to see sponsorship increase as my success does. I've already won the CL as many times as Man U and their sponsorship deal is worth £200M+.

The director of football now make suggestions on transfer which is a welcome improvement however we could take this even further with pre transfer meeting about areas of the squad that require improvement. This could include the DoF, Assistant Mgr, Chief Scout based on current scouting knowledge and then the DoF does his thing.

All other points like scouting and staff feedback have been mentioned, I hope they are fixed...

Thanks

Dan

United haven't been as bad a team as they are now in 20 years, but their sponsorship income has never been higher. They have "official partners" for everything. It's not linked solely to footballing success, clearly.

United haven't been as bad a team as they are now in 20 years, but their sponsorship income has never been higher. They have "official partners" for everything. It's not linked solely to footballing success, clearly.

This is a fair point, however if he's won everything with Spurs then surely he should be in a similar position to United now where they're an internationally known team. IMO the issue isn't with United's sponsorship being so high. My issue would be that everyone else's sponsorship is too low.

Example: In 2040 on my Orient save on FM15, I'd won the Champions League 14 times including 6 on the spin. Yet my sponsorship still wasn't anywhere near United/Madrid/Barca levels of £200m+. Despite the fact that I had the same reputation and had been far more successful than them in recent years, my sponsorship was a meagre (said in jest) £120m. While this is high, it's not as high as it should be.

Sure, United are not as good as they were however their sponsorship income is based on previous success. Their £200m deal with Chevrolet was signed in 2012 and their £750m with Adidas was signed in 2014 (only one year post Ferguson). Without there previous success there is no way they could have signed these types of deals, I want the game to reflect this - the more successful you are the more sponsorship you receive.

I'm not sure physios should be in the game any more. Their role in football is now undertaken by a wide range of different job titles, and it's hardly a compelling gameplay feature.

Just add a Medical Facilities entry to the club information alongside Youth Training and what have you if need be, that we can ask to upgrade as desired (as /\ said).

Good Point, I think "Physios" is too limited a description now, maybe Club Doctors is a better description?

Hello world.

I would like the option to congratulate other managers from your league when they win the league/EL/CL or if a manager with same nationality as you wins something.

I would also like to have the option to man mark throw in takers as they way to often will receive the ball straight after a throw in and make a cross into the box totally unmarked.

More options on attacking corners/free kicks. Some clubs have 3-4-5 players attacking the ball from deep or attacking the near post. Maybe even add staff who is specialized in set piece attacking or defensivly. Set piece is such an important thing in football and I think it can be even more improved.

I would love to see a new preferred move for central defenders, defensive mid and central midfielders that has something to do with communication, something like "Be more verbal" or "conduct the definsive line" "conduct the midfield" or in those lines.

That is not what I mean. I am talking about this:

No fast scouting button:

nNOI2Pv.png

No fast scouting button:

pAMn6Ye.png

No fast scouting button:

z3ycglH.png

I want a fast scouting button next to each player here. So if I press that button, a scout from my scouting pool will be assigned to that player for the amount of time that I have decided should be default. (Based on the scouting options we have.)

If I want to scout one of this players as it is now I have to right click on the player, select "Scouting", select "Assign Scout", select "scouting pool" click on "report card", "1 week", "2 weeks" and so on, and I have to do this for every player that I want to scout. In these screens there are no multi select so I can't select the players I want and then right click. I have to do the same process for each player. For each player that takes me about 3-4 seconds to do. To press a button takes me 1 second. when you scout several thousand players in each version of FM it will save you a great deal of time and hassle if you just had a button.

Hey mate,

You can go to the scout who made the report or your cheif scouts profile and then choose "Reports" and then "reports":

L6bux2N.jpg

Then simply choose the top player and and press "alt" key and choose all the players you want, right click and choose what kind of report you want. In this case I choosed 14 players:

T1GJitJ.jpg

I hope this can help you and if I misunderstod your request - sorry :)

Good Point, I think "Physios" is too limited a description now, maybe Club Doctors is a better description?

The roles of physios, doctors, outside specialists/consultants etc. are so varied between clubs it's hard to draw a satisfying line.

Hiring and firing Physios isn't something I've paid any attention to when playing. It's a 30 second job every few seasons when you get an end-of-contract reminder.

Sure, United are not as good as they were however their sponsorship income is based on previous success. Their £200m deal with Chevrolet was signed in 2012 and their £750m with Adidas was signed in 2014 (only one year post Ferguson). Without there previous success there is no way they could have signed these types of deals, I want the game to reflect this - the more successful you are the more sponsorship you receive.

Clubs with similar histories of success don't have the same deals, though. Credit must be given to Woodward and his team for those deals (he may not know football, but he does know how to make money from it).

Sponsorship does go up as your reputation increases afaik, but United's income is the result of multiple factors so comparing to their figures is misleading.

Allow: Different training categories for each day.. not for whole week. Did you seen clubs train 1 week only Attack ? Or 1 whole week only Defence or what other else... Come on get the real logic in-game.

-More expensive than previous years.

-It's still feels the game of previous years; so becoming boring and dissapointing.

-No new UI, innovative UI needed.

-Tactical freedom is no more free, some tactical choices are automatically disabled by your instructions given or positions. Every tactical settings should be open for tactical freedom. A good manager knows what is what, and don't need guide by seeing disabled "unsuitable" tactical choices.

-Menu transition is slower.

-Injured player does not pass health checks so can not sign any injured player. Ok, not all of them would fail checks..

-Opponent team players not seem to get injured often.

-Fixture distribution is not good, even can play 2 matches in 3 days. Thus can't request to FA(etc.) to delay next fixture when in busy week.

-Stadium builder projected with the board. Board asking ideas how to setup new stadium or improve current stadium with "Stadium Builder" comes on your screen. Manager always has a say.

-Going on financial public. Would bring too much money.

-Pay loans earlier when having big money income.

-It's still feels the game of previous years; so becoming boring and dissapointing.

-Tactical freedom is no more free, some tactical choices are automatically disabled by your instructions given or positions. Every tactical settings should be open for tactical freedom. A good manager knows what is what, and don't need guide by seeing disabled "unsuitable" tactical choices.

-Injured player does not pass health checks so can not sign any injured player. Ok, not all of them would fail checks..

-Fixture distribution is not good, even can play 2 matches in 3 days. Thus can't request to FA(etc.) to delay next fixture when in busy week.

-Stadium builder projected with the board. Board asking ideas how to setup new stadium or improve current stadium with "Stadium Builder" comes on your screen. Manager always has a say.

-What is? The game? No it's not.

-There's been significant changes from year to year people complain about them nonstop

-What part of the UI? the menus have changed that's pretty easy to just look at screens of each version

-tactical freedom is fine. you refuse to accept any other way than your own and don't understand the tactics creator. A good manager knows it's completely insane to be able to tell a player to go forward and stay deep at the same time.

-sorry that you don't upgrade your computer, no SI's fault

-i just signed an injured player the other day in my game worked just fine.

-I can't remember the last time the opposition report didn't list at least one or two players injured for the other team. regularly see them with 3-4 major injuries.

-Just like real life.

-Show me an IRL manager who designed and built the stadium for their club. Doesn't happen. It's football manager, not stadium architect.

-Do you mean turning the club into a publicly traded company? Again, this is not what managers do.

-I'm not familiar with financial rules and laws all over the world but this isn't always how it works

I know this is supposed to be a wishlist, but...

- No it isn't. It's been a similar price for every single release, and it seems as though Steam has it on sale more often now. Even if it was, pricing is nothing to do with SI.

- How exactly is a football management game going to "feel" that is so different? There's not really much else they can do.

- What should be innovative about it? With all due respect, saying things like that are pretty pointless. It's like posting saying you want the game to be better - great, but how? You need to actually put some ideas forward

- Looks like you want a return to the sliders. Not likely to happen I'm afraid. This tactical system is a decent compromise between casual and dedicated users. And there's always the point that freedom in tactical choices exponentially increases the potential problems in the ME. Less choice in this sense is actually a good thing

- Can't say I've noticed any difference

- I have noticed this sometimes

- Any extraordinary examples should be raised as a bug, but often when people complain about this, there's perfectly valid reasons for it. FM allows you to be more successful than any side in real life on multiple fronts, which forces the rigid scheduling system (which is done through AI, not real people) to act accordingly. It happens, you just need to deal with it. 2 games in 3 days is relatively minor, as I've seen 4 in 4 days in previous versions

- Managers have a say on how the stadium is designed? Aye, ok. In the real world, they won't. You get the stadium you're given, and since you see it for seconds anyway, it's not something that really matters.

- No idea what this means.

- A possible. Although depending on the details of the loan, this may not be advantageous to the club. They may prefer paying it in the normal term, even with interest, rather than paying it back in a lump sum earlier. Understandable that most loans go to completion here.

"- Looks like you want a return to the sliders. Not likely to happen I'm afraid. This tactical system is a decent compromise between casual and dedicated users. And there's always the point that freedom in tactical choices exponentially increases the potential problems in the ME. Less choice in this sense is actually a good thing"

There is a role for the slider approach, just not in the tactics screen.

One of the great things about the laws governing football is that they offer a huge leeway for things to be done differently and for different ways of playing to evolve. For example, the amount of pressing and tracking back that is done in the modern game would not have been remotely possible for the smoking, drinking, poor diet eating footballers of bygone eras and tactics have changed accordingly.

To me this is reflected in roles - the place for the slider approach is in the training module which should allow managers to design their own roles - a role being descriptive; a name to describe a combination of pitch position and behaviours for a player.

The game evolves through new roles, combinations of roles and hence formations. As long as the game constrains the manager to a fixed set of roles, we can't fully experiment in this way.

From SI's point of view the mechanics of the game need to better handle condition and players physical state, so that if a stupid role is created you will end up with an over-tired or injured player. This was always the real problem with the sliders or arrows. As a game mechanism there was nothing wrong with them; it is a clearer control mechanism for the player than the current roles which don't allow the fine grain tuning that a manager would have by explaining in detail what he requires of a player.

As another suggestion:

There's a problem at the moment of seeing how a formation is going to work in-game before you play it - this could be addressed by adding a control on the tactics screen that allowed you to morph the formation from defensive to attacking - so that you could see how the player's relative positions change.

Point still stands, SI can decide what's a good idea & there's nothing new in the original post so no need for a deeper discussion to continue.

An easy and quick access should be provided to users in which they are able to see a list of injured players at the club and for players that are on loan. This list could be available in three potential areas (See Arrows). Appropriately naming and displaying them should be very easy. Please provide extremely detailed information in regards to the injuries if you decide to include this. You could link this to the medical department. The physios will have more of a personality and a perceived importance by some users.

sy2At0Y.png

I would like an alternative option for players when it comes to reserves fixtures. Instead of choosing between "until fit" and "ongoing", I would like to be able to make the player available for this one match only. This would be useful for players who usually are a part of the first team, but for whatever reason won't be featuring in our next game.

Also, it would be nice if the media comments wouldn't address me as "he" when I play as a female manager, as in "X is one of football's nice guys, it's always a pleasure coming up against him". And why are "father" and "brother" the only relational options? Why can't my son play for my team?

An easy and quick access should be provided to users in which they are able to see a list of injured players at the club and for players that are on loan. This list could be available in three potential areas (See Arrows). Appropriately naming and displaying them should be very easy. Please provide extremely detailed information in regards to the injuries if you decide to include this. You could link this to the medical department. The physios will have more of a personality and a perceived importance by some users.

sy2At0Y.png

There is a "Player on Loan" button right where you are suggesting it???

P17Isi0.png

Also if you press the "Home" button you can see your injuries there:

0A83JlO.jpg

Players and (more importantly) staff should be more open to jobs/roles that they don't have on their 'interested' list. At very least I should be able to try to talk them into changing. Especially when a staff member has great stats for a role he doesn't want, or bad stats for a role he does. For instance, Raul in my game has great stats for a Director of Football, but he insists that he be a Head of Youth. But Raul, you're only rated a 4 at Working with Youngsters? Wouldn't you be more useful trying to sign me some star-struck strikers? I'll even pay you a little bit more! And you, Johnny, my club legend. We'd love to keep you around, but you're never going to be a manger. Your tactical knowledge is 2, and your motivating is 3. Wouldn't you like to try being a scout for a while?

With regard to the Sport Psychologist etc request up there, I think that should probably be part of the 'training facilities' (called it system or 'set-up' instead). But I do wish my great coaches and assistant manager would be a bit more proactive in keeping my players focused and happy. My goalkeeping coach doesn't need my permission to tell my keeper to stop getting complacent toward the end of games.

For example, the amount of pressing and tracking back that is done in the modern game would not have been remotely possible for the smoking, drinking, poor diet eating footballers of bygone eras and tactics have changed accordingly.

Plenty of footballers still drink regularly, even during the season (especially in England). Those that don't touch alcohol at all are still rare enough that it becomes noteworthy (Boring James Milner, Gylfi Sigurdsson etc.). A lot of photos out there of players with cigarettes in hand, too.

Look for good Professionalism and "Natural" Fitness ratings in game.

Players and (more importantly) staff should be more open to jobs/roles that they don't have on their 'interested' list. At very least I should be able to try to talk them into changing. Especially when a staff member has great stats for a role he doesn't want, or bad stats for a role he does. For instance, Raul in my game has great stats for a Director of Football, but he insists that he be a Head of Youth. But Raul, you're only rated a 4 at Working with Youngsters? Wouldn't you be more useful trying to sign me some star-struck strikers? I'll even pay you a little bit more! And you, Johnny, my club legend. We'd love to keep you around, but you're never going to be a manger. Your tactical knowledge is 2, and your motivating is 3. Wouldn't you like to try being a scout for a while?

With regard to the Sport Psychologist etc request up there, I think that should probably be part of the 'training facilities' (called it system or 'set-up' instead). But I do wish my great coaches and assistant manager would be a bit more proactive in keeping my players focused and happy. My goalkeeping coach doesn't need my permission to tell my keeper to stop getting complacent toward the end of games.

Selecting a few staff to sit on the bench with you and freely pitch in with advice would be a cool feature. The was a lot of fuss at Swansea when Garry Monk dropped Alan Curtis from the bench to make room for his preferred assistants (James Beattie and Kristian O'Leary), and some blame for the drop in performances were attributed to that loss of experience.

Giggs sits with Van Gaal but for much of the season didn't seem allowed to stand up and say anything. Mourinho at Chelsea had a few guys who would get so involved they'd be sent to the stands.

Now that Managers are visible presences at pitch-side constructing a posse would be fun.

There is a "Player on Loan" button right where you are suggesting it???

P17Isi0.png

Also if you press the "Home" button you can see your injuries there:

0A83JlO.jpg

Apologies. Perhaps I should have been more clear with my request.

There is indeed a “players on loan” section which allows users to check on the progress of players which does provide a very limited amount of information about the players on loan at other respective clubs. I am talking about injured players on loan.

Also, there is indeed a way for users to check team injuries by displaying the panel on the “Home” button. Having said that, this particular list that is available on the “home” section is not particularly detailed nor does it provide physios within the game to have a personality.

Within this thread someone suggested to remove the physios for some reason whereas others have commented regarding the limited purpose the physios have in the game. Physios have a very important role in football and it is my opinion that Sports Interactive should aim to portray that importance within Football Manager.

For example: (see arrow pointing north) Sports Interactive could include a completely separate module/section/button called “injuries” or something more appropriate which when clicked would provide users with a list of injured players at the club, a list of injured players on loan and a list of all the remaining players highlighting their match fitness, condition, previous injuries, injury prone, comments from physios etc. Furthermore, users should be able to interact with the club doctors who could be categorised to deal with different type of injuries depending on the seriousness of the injury. For example: club doctors who are experts can deal with injuries the game currently designates as specialists. Users should be able to interact with the varying doctors on a weekly or monthly basis getting feedback from them.

This module would probably be more suited to the training section but that does not change my opinion in that it should be made available for “quick access” for users within the squad section. The quick access part on the squad section could be a little bit more limited in information and interactivity but it should be there.

One big wish for me as an 1860 Munich fan. Well you might all know that there is a huge rivalry with Bayern and we ground-share the Allianz Arena.

IRL the stadium debate is always present for us, it being overdimensional not our spiritual home etc.

I so wish for the board request "stop groundsharing with rival"... I already gave the reasoning: spiritual home, embarrassment, financial feeding for the rival,

overdimensional (eg if stadium just half-full on average). Whenever I start 1860 I need to change grounds to Grünwalder Stadion in the pre-game editor, change the capacity reduction (back to original 30,000 with tons of standing), in game eventually buy it from council in game and then

later on will build a new ground. But I'd like to start in the AA without the hassle / change. Right now the board somewhat logically refuses it, because how can you want to go bigger than Allianz Arena (yet, except you play a dozen of seasons maybe, until the 2005 build is overriden and your potential has bursted through constant silverware)

I think the same would apply to fans from Lazio/Roma, Milan/Inter, with a difference that those are council-owned stadia, it's even worse for us Lions.

It's a small minimal change that would make the game so much more enjoyable for fans of those clubs, and I know it's a continental issue, hence it's been probably overlooked is my guess.

Another easy feature to implement would be the exact number of vario-seats (safe standing) that could determine the all-seater capacity for international games.

Also I think it would be great to determine the amount of club / prime seats and boxes, and that would have a direct impact on matchday income, there are so many complicated factors in the game that I feel the stadium is somewhat underrepresented by one factor that says "corporate facilities". In addition to it, I would love the opportunity to request them being upgraded as well.

Same goes with stadium condition. No-one is asking for whimsy EA sports here, but just a weeny bit more. Cheers.

I like the idea, being able to break away from a ground share or large but dilapidated council owned ground would be a welcome addition. Currently all that matters is capacity which means that in FM world Juventus would never have built their current stadium. :thup:

Safe-standing is part of existing stadium data & again having that be part of new stadium builds gets a :thup: from me.

This game needs more personality, in all areas. Personality goes a long way! We need to see how the different 'skills' of different players, roles, staff members, board members etc impact the game in different ways, on and off the pitch. A couple of ideas:

Staff:

New roles: Team Doctor, with different tasks and attributes than physios. Depending on attributes or SPM's (staff preferred moves, why not...) they could have an impact on reducing/aggravating recovery time from injuries. Director of Marketing or Chief Financial Officer: should impact ability to gain more/better sponsorships, promotions, financial partnerships with foreign clubs (Asia, USA, Middle-east). Press Agent: helps improving relationships with media and journalists.

Existing roles: good physios should have more impact on reducing chances of injuries. Head of youth development should have MUCH more ways of influencing quality/style of youth intake, not only with his Personality. We should be able to hire a HoYD looking for specific skills and attributes that can really have an impact on regens, creating a sort of football brand for the academy (maybe concentrating on particular roles, or sets of PPM's, or a particular trait - physical, mental or technical).

Roles:

Personally I'd be ready to give up some control in exchange for seeing more 'personality' in the roles. Right now the only role that really persuades me I'm using a specific role is the half-back. That's because HB is hardcoded to have that specific behavior. Other roles? Meh. I can't really tell the difference between a DLP or a BWM atm. I say: more hardcoding for every role! I want to see the F9 really coming deep. I want the Regista making himself available at every time. I want to tell the difference between all the 13 different roles for AMC (enganche where art thou). A role, together with the 'Player DNA' (see below) should have more impact on player behavior on the pitch and how a tactic actually plays.

Players:

With that said, player roles should still be 'balanced' or even override by what I call 'Player DNA'. The player DNA would be the total package of player attributes, playing tendencies, PPM's (btw, we need more PPM's for every role) and skillset of a single player. Every player should have one, and it should be something that has great influence on roles and tactics. Right now I can't really tell the difference if I'm playing Roberto Carlos or Phil Neville at left back (they'd both look like Roberto Carlos in current ME, but that's another story...). It's not enough for me to see that Dybala is 'better' than Mandzukic as a trequartista, I need to see the different movements and style of play between them regardless of roles and tactics. The (difficult) balance between new 'hardcoded roles' and 'player DNA' would then be a key factor for a successful tactic.

I wouldn't mind being able to hire an assistant/agent with the manager wage. The assistant/agent could apply for jobs within parameters like 'apply for all international jobs', 'apply for all top league jobs' etc. I have a bad habit of missing international jobs because I don't see them advertised.

I'd like to see the opportunity to manage more reserve/B teams as the sole job. I really enjoyed the challenge of managing Sevilla's B side in the Segunda B division and would like to see the possibility of being hired as a premier league reserve manager/U18 manager etc.

I also tend to flit around quite a lot during my saves - I like to manage in many different countries and in my current save I started in Scotland then Wales, Spain and Switzerland before coming to France. As a result of this flitting I tend to spend a fair amount of time unemployed during which I holiday whilst auto applying for my next job. I'd really like to see more specific options regarding which jobs I apply for. At the moment you can only click for example "Top Divisions Only" which is great but I'd like the chance to maybe tick that box as well as another one i.e "National Teams Only". It'd also be good, if the tick-list approach was introduced to tick specific divisions to apply for/disregard. For example in a Pentagon challenge save I knew that my next step was South America but there was no way to specify this to the game which meant turning down lots of European/Asian jobs thus increasing the amount of time it takes to get that "right" job! So under a new tick list system I could go on holiday and apply for all jobs under these specific parameters:

Top Division Clubs (Argentina, Brazil)

International Jobs (Europe)

Just a thought, apologies if it's been mentioned before!

Sports Scientists, Psychologists, Nutritionists and other areas to be added to the list of clubs medical staff??

Psychos would help get boost the player moral and take care of some personalities, for example that players that don't like derby matches, it could be solved with a professional help.

Nutritionist would help with moral and control the weight, improving the physical abilities of player.

Stadiums with athletics tracks please!!

Play in San Paolo, Olimpic of Rome, Olympiastadion ... without this kills the experience.

Thanks!

Maracanã too. +1

Allow: Different training categories for each day.. not for whole week. Did you seen clubs train 1 week only Attack ? Or 1 whole week only Defence or what other else... Come on get the real logic in-game.
This game needs more personality, in all areas. Personality goes a long way! We need to see how the different 'skills' of different players, roles, staff members, board members etc impact the game in different ways, on and off the pitch. A couple of ideas:

Staff:

New roles: Team Doctor, with different tasks and attributes than physios. Depending on attributes or SPM's (staff preferred moves, why not...) they could have an impact on reducing/aggravating recovery time from injuries. Director of Marketing or Chief Financial Officer: should impact ability to gain more/better sponsorships, promotions, financial partnerships with foreign clubs (Asia, USA, Middle-east). Press Agent: helps improving relationships with media and journalists.

Existing roles: good physios should have more impact on reducing chances of injuries. Head of youth development should have MUCH more ways of influencing quality/style of youth intake, not only with his Personality. We should be able to hire a HoYD looking for specific skills and attributes that can really have an impact on regens, creating a sort of football brand for the academy (maybe concentrating on particular roles, or sets of PPM's, or a particular trait - physical, mental or technical).

Roles:

Personally I'd be ready to give up some control in exchange for seeing more 'personality' in the roles. Right now the only role that really persuades me I'm using a specific role is the half-back. That's because HB is hardcoded to have that specific behavior. Other roles? Meh. I can't really tell the difference between a DLP or a BWM atm. I say: more hardcoding for every role! I want to see the F9 really coming deep. I want the Regista making himself available at every time. I want to tell the difference between all the 13 different roles for AMC (enganche where art thou). A role, together with the 'Player DNA' (see below) should have more impact on player behavior on the pitch and how a tactic actually plays.

Players:

With that said, player roles should still be 'balanced' or even override by what I call 'Player DNA'. The player DNA would be the total package of player attributes, playing tendencies, PPM's (btw, we need more PPM's for every role) and skillset of a single player. Every player should have one, and it should be something that has great influence on roles and tactics. Right now I can't really tell the difference if I'm playing Roberto Carlos or Phil Neville at left back (they'd both look like Roberto Carlos in current ME, but that's another story...). It's not enough for me to see that Dybala is 'better' than Mandzukic as a trequartista, I need to see the different movements and style of play between them regardless of roles and tactics. The (difficult) balance between new 'hardcoded roles' and 'player DNA' would then be a key factor for a successful tactic.

I'd like to see the opportunity to manage more reserve/B teams as the sole job. I really enjoyed the challenge of managing Sevilla's B side in the Segunda B division and would like to see the possibility of being hired as a premier league reserve manager/U18 manager etc.

I also tend to flit around quite a lot during my saves - I like to manage in many different countries and in my current save I started in Scotland then Wales, Spain and Switzerland before coming to France. As a result of this flitting I tend to spend a fair amount of time unemployed during which I holiday whilst auto applying for my next job. I'd really like to see more specific options regarding which jobs I apply for. At the moment you can only click for example "Top Divisions Only" which is great but I'd like the chance to maybe tick that box as well as another one i.e "National Teams Only". It'd also be good, if the tick-list approach was introduced to tick specific divisions to apply for/disregard. For example in a Pentagon challenge save I knew that my next step was South America but there was no way to specify this to the game which meant turning down lots of European/Asian jobs thus increasing the amount of time it takes to get that "right" job! So under a new tick list system I could go on holiday and apply for all jobs under these specific parameters:

Top Division Clubs (Argentina, Brazil)

International Jobs (Europe)

Just a thought, apologies if it's been mentioned before!

Your idea about the staff and mainly the Player DNA is amazing. +1

Would it be greedy to request more lower leagues in the main footballing nations?

Apologies if this question has been asked before.

It would be great but unfortunately they said won't add leagues anymore.

The managing under 19's / under 21's always comes up but I'm sure SI and Miles have said many times they won't be implementing this. It will be good but no matter how much people ask I don't think it will be done.

It's pity, together other things, this SI decision.

I'd like to see some improvements in the dribbles.

In FM16 every player dribbles in the same way.

You should create various dribbling styles and assign them to the players.

Furthermore I'd like to see some dribbling skills in game, like elasticos, step overs, body faints, ecc... that would make the game more realistic when managing a team with very technical players.

With FM being around for so long time there is really very little obvious things that you can make better and that at the same time are "easy" to implement to the existing structure. I think the game is at a point where the risk for introducing a new feature is higher than the potential benefit that might arise.

With the faster loading that came with FM 14 or 15 (dont remember which) the game was kind of "complete" for me and the new introductions arent of the kind that I "must have". So today I see it more as buying data updates and since the Chilean league is kind of abandoned and my personal playstyle is loooong saves where everyone finally are regens, I dont have any reason to buy a new game.

Yet, there is one area where I think something could be made. Its mainly with around the atmosphere and fan interactions. I watch my games in 3D and it would really like to get more emotions when playing big games as derbies or finals which I today notice but I dont feel they generate the extra emotions that those matches normally have. What am I looking for then?

Type of matches - Derby/Clasico/Rivals, Finals, "historical matches" (kind of team never been there before stuff).

- Build up in the media

Before these games I would like there to be a lot more of "news articles". Interviews with current players that respond according to their personalities (helping to get to know them and see how they handle pressure), interview with club legends, interview with fans or fan-leader. Im not talking about anything fancy but using some ingame mechanics like "fan confidence/expectations", "board expectations", "player personality" and serve it in a clever way, like an article with one or two questions.

- 3D matchday: Preview

Before a game starts I would like there to be a short animation (a couple of seconds) in which the players get out on the pitch and stand prepared before the match. This is of course inspired both of real-life like the Champions League entrances as from popular games like FIFA 16 where you have a short intro before a game. In big matches it would be cool if we could get an animation that shows the players entering but also the crowd. You should of course be able to skip this part because otherwise youll get complaints :)

- FANS!!!

Im a spoiled human being! I live in Sweden and at the same time Im chilean which gives me the privilege of participating or watching really awesome supporter-displays, no matter if it is a crazy South american Barra brava jumping all match and throwing paper onto the pitch or extremely well coordinated TIFOs, flares and songs from the swedes on big matches, its all top class and something that generates strong emotions. This I want to see on the game as well and once again I dont think its as complicated as some might think.

What do we have today? Banners, I played a save with a small swedish team and when I finally was big enough even I had big banners on the stadium. I would want there to be more of them around the stadium and more alternatives in the texts

* Name of the team + words like "fans" eg "Nacka Fans",

* Logo of the team, the generic one which changes if you install a logo pack (so connected to that)

* Names of players, manager that the fans have great affection for

* On the Editor I would want to have the possibility of "naming" the official supportergroup, Eg. I could give Universidad de Chiles supporter group the name "Los de Abajo" and the game then could use that entered namefield to create banners containing those words.

TIFO! I would want to see TIFO and since I know that each TIFO is unique in its own way, I know its imposible for SI to create TIFOs that look exactly the same as in real-life but we work with what I know already exists in the game. As you might have noticed, the fanbanners and the team shirts have patterns that are part of the game. My suggestion is to use the same patterns already in the game and apply it to the the stadiums. That way the fans would be able to create mosaic-tifos on the stands with the patterns already in the game and the team colors. I dont know how difficult it would be to add the logo for that purpose. The same patterns can then be used on flags that could randomly start moving (as works with flares on FM 15).

I also remember that when I once won a tournament, all my players started to run to the middle and suddenly I got an "confetti-effect" on my screen. An animation like this one could also be used for the fans representing them throwing paper pieces on the pitch for a nice entrance.

Well, those are my suggestions that could make this game more "alive" for me and that I believe are posible to make (I have been trying to use elements already seen ingame). I have no clue if anyone reads this but Im sure someone can probably take this and make improvents and if we have a lot of luck, something like this can be implemented in the future.

Archived