What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot figure out if this is the way I set up corners or not, but it seems like most of the time the ball goes in, gets headed out, then picked up by one of my players outside the box, they immediately take it and pass it right back to the corner taker. Who is offside. Changing things around doesn't seem to make much of a difference. That's changing the taker, delivery instructions, instructions for people outside the box, whatever. If it ends up between the 18 and center circle, my team is more likely than not about to lose the ball. Has happened across multiple games, with multiple teams in each.

It gets quite frustrating seeing it just about every time a defender wins the header. Anybody else have it? Would love to see it "fixed", if it's indeed a problem.

Hi,

I know I'll never read this message or at least will not make the required changes in this post, but I'll try it here just does not cost anything.

Then I start from the fact that the difficulty is one thing and Football Manager is another thing, because this is not difficult.

We start instead with the advice ...

NATIONS -> then, every nation has its own type of game, Football Manager instead to the way you play is always the same. Why not make Football Manager on how to play each nation in a more or less realistic? Even the coaches have their own type of play and not only is the form.

TACTICS -> to me that management tactics do not really like it at all. I have to decide what to do and not that the players make their head. This is not difficult, but rather another, but out of respect do not write it. On Football Manager you can not revive the Barcelona game, why? Obviously you can not reproduce in any team, you can only do with Barcelona, ​​but it does not seem normal to put the module that actually use and I only like 55-60% of ball possession. Obviously I'm working for a while 'and not just me, but it is always the case. Each team actually goes to Camp Nou if they play defensively and if they can try to make the break. In the game is not so. They come to the Nou Camp to win, they attack you from everywhere and seem to be the strongest team in the world. This is not difficult but it is another. Then why can not I decide how to deploy the team being possession and not possession. Or do the patterns of free kicks as I say (and not short pass to the nearest player and then it stops and that player loses the ball (it always is a corner)). These are all things in this Football Manager are not here and I hope to see in Football Manager 2013, although not believe it. We must make the game as real as possible ...

GAME -> E 'possible for a defender throws down the ball for the attacker and the defender tries to anticipate my opponent and the ball on time and do not plant in that area of ​​the field and then the opponent goal? This is Realism? This is DIFFICULTIES '? I have no words. Type I just finished playing against Dinamo Zagreb in their house. I did 60% of ball possession (when I had to do like 70%) and they scored two goals with two absurd actions. Only in Football Manager you see these actions against Barcelona ... in fact they can not even make half action, with all due respect. Instead Football Manager actions are absurd, even they are able to win. Of course it also takes the form, however, from the Barcelona ... really does not change form or roles every game ... every game the opponent molds always very close and really do not. Then there are such absurd results: CSKA Moscow 2 to 7 are ok ... MILAN in 2019, almost 2020 ... but the AC Milan 2-7 CSKA does not exist on its own ... or at least got to stop the 3-0 or 4-0 players .... try to take possession and to scroll the minutes .... the game is to score more and continues ... forever ....

TRAINING -> you can make a withdrawal before meeting with the coaches and try to explain what I want. Or, like race ... Monday, diagrams, etc. (eg h) ... this is not realistic ...

TRANSFERS -> I can not buy a player for 150-160 MLN and then the other teams want my players when they apply for 15-20 MILLION 50-60 MILLION ... by ... a bit of 'realism of ...

These are my demands ... I apologize to the words "strong" but sometimes we need ... this is a game, it is true, but remember that this is not DIFFICULTIES 'nor is it REALISM ... REALISM is a little it takes in the game (but only a little) ... and I apologize for my English ...

That said I wish you GOOD LUCK :-)

When trying to sign a player on a pre-contract before their deal runs out another club sometimes you fall sort on wages because it will exceed your current budget, I think the game should take into account the extra wages you will have available by players currently at your club whos contract will come to an end, you should have the option to noitfy the board that player A will not be getting a new contract then his wages will be made available for future bids.

I think transfer budgets should be preminalry set in late march for that summer so you can start to plan for the following season then can be readjusted if board want to increase or decrease in june. I say this because around late march early april I tend to know what sort of players i want for next season scoutthem but cant move for them due to lack of funds then AI pinch them

Regarding business/financial: it seems to me that in real life most transfers are paid in different years, not in a single one-shot solution. SI should consider this in modifing financial module to reflect this, making multi-year payment as standard payment.

hi i wood like to see a commont where you can write to players in your own words and not pre picked ones and also in game for it to show players been taken off and on and pictures of the manager on the touch line. and around more contol over fining player for like drinking on week days

I sincerely hope that English is your second language, if it is your primary language then the irony of your opening suggestion is superb.

Substitutions

I multi-task whilst playing and I'm sure others do. Sometimes I'm watching my game and I'm up 3-0 at halftime. Watch a little bit more but then switch to read the forums or an article. Then switch back to my game to see that the match is over and some of my players around down into the 50% conditioning. It would be nice to be able to set up a planned substitution, allowing the manager to automate a substitution at a certain time. If I'm leading a match with 15 minutes left, I use my remaining substitutions to sub in youth players for first-team experience without negatively influencing their average rating. So, in addition to having the "quick substitution," also have a "planned substitution" where I can choose a player on the field, player on the bench, and what minute I'd like that switch to be made. So, when I'm leading 4-0 in the 60th minute, I could plan to substitute Jack Wilshere out for wonderkid newgen Carlos in the 75th minute and sub out Nicolas Otamendi for wonderkid newgen Hector Prieto in the 80th minute.

As a fail safe, these "future subs" would be wiped out if an game-ending injury occurs before the designated minute is reached. And have a toggle to discard future subs if a certain score line happens (say, in my case, the game becames 4-2 before the 75th minute).

One has to say though, that in the rl transfer market it is currently really difficult to get any transfer fee for an unwanted player. There are just too many teams wanting to reduce their rosters to warrant for big fees for second string players.

I feel that the market value in FM often distracts from the real value of players.

Especially young players in the EPL have inflated values. If as a EPL club you sign a young English 19 year old chap who was just released after his contract expired, he may have a PA rating of 2.5 or 3 stars, meaning he should never be good enough to be on your team, but he would be worth 2m, even though he could only ever peak at good CCC level. Back in FM10 one could snap these guys up and sell them for their market value next January, which was pretty cheaty to me. Now you cannot do that anymore and I feel it's fairly realistic that nobody will offer market value and that even nobody may actually offer anything.

What bugs me however is that not enough clubs come in and offer too little, maybe even nothing and a wage which will make the player come back to you for a contribution. That happens all the time irl and surely a player with good CCC potential will attract at least some interest on that offer level.

I've gotten to the point where I am offering some of my players out at £10k spread out over 48 months (plus 50% of the next fee). I'll get the message that teams are interested, but not at that asking price. You're telling me that not one single team is willing to table a low-risk, high-reward transfer bid on a 19-20 year old?

That said, some how I was able to offload my Kyle Walker to AC Milan for £18M plus 50% of the next sale, when his value is £9M.

I mentioned this in another thread but it bears repeating. We really need the ability to play a game with fully fictional players and not the substandard current option that simply recreates the existing database players with the same stats and only fictional names and nationalities. Every other career sports sim allows the user to play with an entirely fictional database of players.

If this can be done, then it would allow users to play in more obscure leagues that aren't researched well without ending up with an undesirable blend of the real database players with fictional staff.

I really think this could help refresh the game for those seeking new challenges.

Retained/Released Lists - Basically a way of informing the board, the player and other clubs that a player will not be retained at the end of their contract. I've missed out on a few potential signings as I haven't had the budget available to offer them anything more than a pittance. I thought I'd found the solution by releasing those that I didn't want just after the season finished but was stung when the club announced that the following season's budget would be cut down to the new "false" wage total (e.g had a 4k budget, released 1.5k and the new season's budget was 2.5k)

It's not a massive issue, far from it, but something I'd thought of in the past.

64-bit executable. Because it's 2012 and some madmen with computers the worth of a car want to run their ridiculous multi-league simulations. Other maniacs would like to play their games for 60 game years without encountering a memory barrier. And it's good for you too! You could use the extra RAM... for something! :rolleyes:

Dynamic marking instructions during (or before) the match. Individual marking right now is a pain in the ass, and that's a thing real managers do a lot. Like when Mourinho tells Pepe: "break Messi's legs!" Before the match it could be like this - you got the 2 teams shown on a board and you're dragging your players onto opposing players. Simple as that.

PA/CA should go. There should be more to player development than two values, base stats and random increases. In the end, everything is getting improved equally, which is bad. Club facilities and staff shouldn't just raise the increase chance in every cycle. Accidental preferred moves could also happen, not just the "inborn" ones. While we're on that, regens rarely have any moves.

Marking all news as read. Unless I'm blind, you can only mark news as unread, I would never, ever do such a thing. But I sometimes want to do the opposite!

Personally id like something thats been previously mentioned.

Managers who move on and take there coaching team with them.

For example I support Norwich City and Paul Lambert recently left us, but he took the guys he brought to Norwich with as they go together as a unit. Similar our new gaffer Chris Hughton has just brought all his staff from Birmingham.

Obviously wouldnt expect this everytime as some clubs obviously may be in a poor finacial state etc....

But surely they could easily have it that when a club approaches you the manager there chief ex or chairman says "because of our finacial state you will be expected to work with the staff currently here" etc....if thats the case. Then a manager can decide whether to take the job or not similar to real life.

Other things id like to see (or not see!) are......

Less annoying pointless news items. Press conferences are a drag too, constantly saying the same thing. Fair enough some managers in real life really do say the same things over and over as they know it will work with the fans or players etc....but gets boring for me the player going through interview after interview being asked the same thing. Fair enough you can send your assistant but I like to do things myself.

Testimonals for players staying 10 years would be nice.

More Red cards for incidents etc....a defender getting a red card after a winger dives would cause the manager to re-suffle and test his skills while also being able to possibley appeal successfully against the red afterwards. Seems to me that red cards only happen on actual fouls and very rarely have I managed to overturn a ban. Maybe its just me, but ive played the football manager series for a LONG time and hardly won an appeal or seen a actually wrongly given red. A lil brawl every now and then is always nice lol!

Did it or didnt it cross the line? Could have it happen now and then you get a goal that wasnt technically over the line or visa versa. Not saying it should happen alot but as the recent euro's showed England had 1 of the big talking points with the terry clearing when over the line incident.

Actual ratings for chairman and board members. On the current games fair enough boards now change and transfer embargo's are laid down which is a nice touch but new owners or board memebers could have more of an effect. Whether it the new chairman likes to heavily suggest players to go for, or pressure you to play someone. They could just generally be bad an effect a club or good and help the club raise in image and attract better sponsors etc....

Maybe a setting so you can keep your preffered settings. For example if you change club it defaults there formation to your preset choice or training schedules transfer to your new club so you dont have to import them.

I have a save on the go at the minute based in the MLS. Now I took time to learn the odd rules of the MLS but for many they simply get put off the MLS because of the rules. Maybe it could be made more user friendly? Having a dedicated coder has already helped and improved it no end. Its a truly different challenge.

Keeper Ratings

Have been too low for too long. I know some people will pull out evidence that they've had keepers average more than 7.00 for a season, but generally speaking it's difficult to do so. Either the keeper is in a successful team where he has little to do, so he averages 6.75, or a poor team where he's picking it out of the net, so he averages 6.5. If a keeper at a top team only has one save to make but makes it successfully, in the 90th minute, to save 3 points, then he has done a good job by keeping concentration for that long. He deserves a 7, minimum. I have a keeper who has 16 clean sheets in 28 games, conceding 15. His average rating is 6.73. That needs to be adjusted IMO.

Marking from Set Pieces

The set piece marking is so poor it's ridiculous. I don't know if I've unintentionally stumbled onto an exploit but for about 2/3rds of free kicks from deep which are going to be played into the box, NOBODY on the defending team is goalside. Except one guy who will be on his own marking no-one, on the other side of the box, who is playing every single attacker onside. I've noticed this both for my team and for AI teams. It could be argued that he is not concentrating and should be keeping a line with the rest of his team, but I was taught when I was about 7 how to mark a striker by staying goal-side. This isn't a matter of one defender losing his man, it's EVERYONE.

More AI Interest in your players

Rarely do I get bids for any of my players. Occasionally the 'Wnt' sign will appear next to someone, but leave it a week or two and it goes away. I've also noticed when it does appear, it will usually appear in 2s and 3s, all wanted by the same club. I want to be fighting off bids, getting enquiries from AI clubs, and having to comment on interest in the media. As it is you barely seem to get any interest unless you offer a player out.

Better AI Squad Building

If there's only one thing done for FM13 it has to be this. Play more than a season and it's easy to rise through the leagues because medium to long-term, AI squad building is monumentally stupid. I've just seen Liverpool buy Joe Ledley for 6.5m from Celtic, set him as Important First Team Player, and then stick him in the reserves for the rest of the season without playing a game. He's now unhappy because he wants first team football, so Liverpool have accepted his transfer request and listed him for 13m. I don't understand what the logic is there, but it's broken and it needs fixing urgently.

Show us what the injury is during a game!

When a player goes off injured, if you click to go to his profile, it may say "has potential leg injury" or "potential upper body injury". The game must know what injury it is at this point, to know whether he needs to be taken off or can potentially play on with a green cross. Why not tell us he's pulled a hamstring or bruised a rib? I don't understand the thinking there - especially when I am prompted by the game to make a decision whether or not to take him off. The condition percentage doesn't seem to correlate with the severity of the injury so I can't tell what the injury is and whether he should man up (bruising) or get subbed off (muscle strains).

Ballboys, manager, physios with a stretcher

These would be nice little touches to the ME. Instead of the player with the broken leg being treated and then walking off, put him on a stretcher and he gets carried off. And while we're at it, injured players don't HAVE to go behind the goal. They can go off to the side of the pitch too. Maybe get them to take the quickest route off, rather than being hurt on the touchline and eeevveerr sooo sloowwlyy limping the length of the pitch to sit down for treatment, rather than taking one step sideways. Other touches could be ballboys retrieving the ball. And a manager standing/pointing in the technical area, especially when operating a 'shout', he could get up and gesture to suggest he's actually doing something.

Handballs and keeper red cards

I don't think I've ever seen this, at all. Penalties and free kicks get given for handball all the time, I can't ever remember getting a penalty for handball in FM. And keepers only ever get carded for dissent or for the glitch where they slide out of the area. They come out and give away penalties and get cards quite often IRL by diving at strikers' feet. Would like to see it happen more often in FM too.

More clauses

Make transfers and contracts more extensive - add 'if relegation is avoided' as well as 'on promotion' clauses to a transfer so a newly promoted team can agree to pay out more if the striker they're buying keeps them up. Perhaps let the AI have the ability to 'lock' certain clauses during negotiation too, so it's more of a two-sided conversation.

Part exchanges

To this day, having played since the early days of Championship Manager, I think I have only once managed to get a player exchange deal to go through. That was because the team I was buying from happened to be interested in one of my backup players. Why is this so hard? Why not send a backup striker to a team in the division below when you're buying their main man? It saves them having to spend the money and he's more their level. Or attach a youngster on loan for a season? We've seen that more commonly in recent years, a bigger team buys a player but sends a hot prospect to the selling team for match experience and to lessen their loss of a key player. Should be an option IMO.

Preferred personnel/icons

It's silly difficult to get on the list unless you win countless trophies, and then the second you leave you're deleted forever. Unless you leave under a cloud that shouldn't happen. My team Brighton have Gus Poyet as manager at the moment, who has taken us from the bottom of league 1 to challenging for play-offs to the Premiership in just over 2 seasons. If he left tomorrow, 99% of the Brighton support would understand what a great job he's done and he'd still be remembered as fantastic for the club. If I do the same for a club and leave to a bigger club in a higher division because they approach me, football supporters are not so deluded and blind that they forget all past achievements, they also respect individual ambition. Poyet will be remembered as a great manager for Brighton if/when he leaves for bigger and better things, the only way he'd be hated is if he went to Palace!

Interviews

I've seen so many people suggest it, I'd be staggered if this isn't something SI introduce, but manager interviews with chairmen before getting a job. Would be great to negotiate aims for the club, both long term and short term, explain how you prefer to work in the transfer market, your preferred formation or a certain player you'd like to sign.

I would like to:

-be able to pick MY favoured personnel. Obviously you'd have to have reasonable knowledge of them first

-have an interview with the board prior to getting the job, this includes the very beginning of the game when I choose a club, they should interview first, but perhaps this interview is more of a formality than a proper job interview

-more offers for my players who are transfer listed, or a struggle to keep my best players, like the van persie situation at arsenal

-the ability to buy a player but have him stay at the club he is at for an extra season on loan

-more part exchange transfers

These are things I would EXPECT, not HOPE to see in FM13

My #1 request would be to turn the nerd dial to 11 and allow the export of game-visible player data in some machine readable format (XML / CSV / JSON / etc). I maintain rather endless spreadsheets to evaluate players in various ways, as well as to track their progress over time by aggregating attribute deltas. I spend a huge amount of time endlessly typing player atributes (along with softer attributes like footedness, overall personality, and learned PPMs) into these spreadsheets number-by-number. I sort of assume that I am not the only one who does this, although I will freely admit that this behavior may appear deranged to everyone else.

Anyways, if there was a menu item buried somewhere on the player screen that just dumped that player's (visible) stats to a file, I could do whatever scripting/parsing was necessary to make them usable. It would save me years of my life. (Even better would be if I could dump the entire squad.)

Another item id like in the new football manager is not really something new but id love for them to sort the corner bug out where I find myself having to stop doing a corner tactic because my centre back ends up scoring 17 goals a season by attacking the new post on corners and free kicks lol!

Just posted this in the Football Manager 2013 thread but thought it would be interesting to see what people hanging around this thread thought:

I tell you what would be amazing to introduce, I dont know whether anyone has seen but Microsoft are bringing in a phone/tablet app that relates to the game your currently playing. i.e playing SKyrim you could have the world map open in front of you on your tablet, whilst playing the game on the TV. Now an FM tablet app im sure wouldnt be massively difficult (im not a programmer I have no idea) but would be very useful in game to have tactic screen on a seperate device in front of you, that way you could make tactical changes on the fly without ever leaving the ME.

My #1 request would be to turn the nerd dial to 11 and allow the export of game-visible player data in some machine readable format (XML / CSV / JSON / etc). I maintain rather endless spreadsheets to evaluate players in various ways, as well as to track their progress over time by aggregating attribute deltas. I spend a huge amount of time endlessly typing player atributes (along with softer attributes like footedness, overall personality, and learned PPMs) into these spreadsheets number-by-number. I sort of assume that I am not the only one who does this, although I will freely admit that this behavior may appear deranged to everyone else.

Anyways, if there was a menu item buried somewhere on the player screen that just dumped that player's (visible) stats to a file, I could do whatever scripting/parsing was necessary to make them usable. It would save me years of my life. (Even better would be if I could dump the entire squad.)

There's an option for Print screen to Excel (?), or something like that isn't there? Still don't think it would be a massive time saver for you. Maybe if you create some custom views on your squad screen of atts/stats you want and exported those...

Small fix:

When a newgen gets injured in-game and the prompt comes up asking for 'Quick Sub' or 'Keep on', then it should show the newgens face.

Favoured Personnel for our "Manager Profile". Already happens but they should appear on our profile under Favoured Clubs. Also, if at a club a long time, it should be added to our Favoured Clubs. Cosmetic features really, but could add more to a fairly bland "Manager Profile".

The OPTION to not be shown star ratings. I know currently with willpower you can not be shown them, but who has willpower? not me.

I used to play players depending on how much I trusted them, a mix of their attributes and how they played in games, and it was exhilarating. Now I just sort my team by assistant manager's current ability rating and pick down the list, and it is boring

Also I am completely done with playing the English lower leagues because it is far too easy to get success by waiting until july first, then going through each european nation's u21 and u19 teams and signing all the amazing players that have been released, then selling them on for profit, rinse, repeat.

It is killing the game

I'm sure its been said but there's a lot of posts/suggestions already and honestly don't have that much time on my hands.

The thing I'd love to see in the game is the ability to create youth camps/centres around the world. Teams (such as Barcelona) have one as well as their own youth factory. So for example if you are a big club like Barcelona, United etc you can create a youth training centre directly linked to your club in countries around the world.

I think the last time I played the appalling FIFA manager game I remember they had this feature and thought it was the only thing really missing from FM.

Would be nice to be able to create 2 differents "squad views" by default :

- one for your team (where u can put information given by your assistants, potential, etc... - the type of information only as a manager of the club you can see)

- one for all other teams (where u can put info more transfer related, such as players' importance in the squad, transfer/loan listed, etc...)

I would like to see financial control have more of an effect on your reputation as playing in an online game we have certain players that totally destory clubs in order to advantage and the chairman to be more savvy on the financial side as well.

we have guys that have a budget of a few million but end up buying in £100m+ worth of players and repeat again the following season before either jumping ship normally to a bigger club or they get a takeover and start again.

keeper ratings

have been too low for too long. I know some people will pull out evidence that they've had keepers average more than 7.00 for a season, but generally speaking it's difficult to do so. Either the keeper is in a successful team where he has little to do, so he averages 6.75, or a poor team where he's picking it out of the net, so he averages 6.5. If a keeper at a top team only has one save to make but makes it successfully, in the 90th minute, to save 3 points, then he has done a good job by keeping concentration for that long. He deserves a 7, minimum. I have a keeper who has 16 clean sheets in 28 games, conceding 15. His average rating is 6.73. That needs to be adjusted imo.

marking from set pieces

the set piece marking is so poor it's ridiculous. I don't know if i've unintentionally stumbled onto an exploit but for about 2/3rds of free kicks from deep which are going to be played into the box, nobody on the defending team is goalside. Except one guy who will be on his own marking no-one, on the other side of the box, who is playing every single attacker onside. I've noticed this both for my team and for ai teams. It could be argued that he is not concentrating and should be keeping a line with the rest of his team, but i was taught when i was about 7 how to mark a striker by staying goal-side. This isn't a matter of one defender losing his man, it's everyone.

more ai interest in your players

rarely do i get bids for any of my players. Occasionally the 'wnt' sign will appear next to someone, but leave it a week or two and it goes away. I've also noticed when it does appear, it will usually appear in 2s and 3s, all wanted by the same club. I want to be fighting off bids, getting enquiries from ai clubs, and having to comment on interest in the media. As it is you barely seem to get any interest unless you offer a player out.

better ai squad building

if there's only one thing done for fm13 it has to be this. Play more than a season and it's easy to rise through the leagues because medium to long-term, ai squad building is monumentally stupid. I've just seen liverpool buy joe ledley for 6.5m from celtic, set him as important first team player, and then stick him in the reserves for the rest of the season without playing a game. He's now unhappy because he wants first team football, so liverpool have accepted his transfer request and listed him for 13m. I don't understand what the logic is there, but it's broken and it needs fixing urgently.

show us what the injury is during a game!

when a player goes off injured, if you click to go to his profile, it may say "has potential leg injury" or "potential upper body injury". The game must know what injury it is at this point, to know whether he needs to be taken off or can potentially play on with a green cross. Why not tell us he's pulled a hamstring or bruised a rib? I don't understand the thinking there - especially when i am prompted by the game to make a decision whether or not to take him off. The condition percentage doesn't seem to correlate with the severity of the injury so i can't tell what the injury is and whether he should man up (bruising) or get subbed off (muscle strains).

ballboys, manager, physios with a stretcher

these would be nice little touches to the me. Instead of the player with the broken leg being treated and then walking off, put him on a stretcher and he gets carried off. And while we're at it, injured players don't have to go behind the goal. They can go off to the side of the pitch too. Maybe get them to take the quickest route off, rather than being hurt on the touchline and eeevveerr sooo sloowwlyy limping the length of the pitch to sit down for treatment, rather than taking one step sideways. Other touches could be ballboys retrieving the ball. And a manager standing/pointing in the technical area, especially when operating a 'shout', he could get up and gesture to suggest he's actually doing something.

handballs and keeper red cards

i don't think i've ever seen this, at all. Penalties and free kicks get given for handball all the time, i can't ever remember getting a penalty for handball in fm. And keepers only ever get carded for dissent or for the glitch where they slide out of the area. They come out and give away penalties and get cards quite often irl by diving at strikers' feet. Would like to see it happen more often in fm too.

more clauses

make transfers and contracts more extensive - add 'if relegation is avoided' as well as 'on promotion' clauses to a transfer so a newly promoted team can agree to pay out more if the striker they're buying keeps them up. Perhaps let the ai have the ability to 'lock' certain clauses during negotiation too, so it's more of a two-sided conversation.

part exchanges

to this day, having played since the early days of championship manager, i think i have only once managed to get a player exchange deal to go through. That was because the team i was buying from happened to be interested in one of my backup players. Why is this so hard? Why not send a backup striker to a team in the division below when you're buying their main man? It saves them having to spend the money and he's more their level. Or attach a youngster on loan for a season? We've seen that more commonly in recent years, a bigger team buys a player but sends a hot prospect to the selling team for match experience and to lessen their loss of a key player. Should be an option imo.

preferred personnel/icons

it's silly difficult to get on the list unless you win countless trophies, and then the second you leave you're deleted forever. Unless you leave under a cloud that shouldn't happen. My team brighton have gus poyet as manager at the moment, who has taken us from the bottom of league 1 to challenging for play-offs to the premiership in just over 2 seasons. If he left tomorrow, 99% of the brighton support would understand what a great job he's done and he'd still be remembered as fantastic for the club. If i do the same for a club and leave to a bigger club in a higher division because they approach me, football supporters are not so deluded and blind that they forget all past achievements, they also respect individual ambition. Poyet will be remembered as a great manager for brighton if/when he leaves for bigger and better things, the only way he'd be hated is if he went to palace!

interviews

i've seen so many people suggest it, i'd be staggered if this isn't something si introduce, but manager interviews with chairmen before getting a job. Would be great to negotiate aims for the club, both long term and short term, explain how you prefer to work in the transfer market, your preferred formation or a certain player you'd like to sign.

I agree with him ! :thup:

Here's what I want:

A new player development system. Instead of this crappy tutoring thing. Players should develop based on team spirit ethos. In other words if you sign a youngster and you have a team full of professionals, then over time the youngster develops extra professionalism. You should be able to ask certain players to tell/guide certain players who are getting in to trouble such as drinking, to stop doing what they do.

PPM's should be learned with tactics. For instance if you want somebody to develop the PPM of 'loves to go forward' you should have that player's forward runs set to high.

A player you want to develop as playing short simple passes should be given short passing tactics and low creative freedom and low through balls etc etc

I would absolutely adore a new player generator. By this I mean before you start a new game you can tell the game to predict what will happen in 5-6-7 or so years (with a bit of randomitivity) and start from that season. The current random system is a bit flat imo and unrealistic.

I would like to see a more indepth training. ATM we have sliders but what exactly do they mean? I want to see options like play 5 a side etc. More realistic.

Players should get temporary stat boosts/reductions aswell as permanent based on training. For instance. If you have been conceding a lot of corners and you up the defending of set pieces after a while, then your defender gets after a while a temporary boost of confidence in that area such as a +1 in heading/concentration or something like that

I think, and i'm not sure if this is currently implemented, but i'd like to see the injury prone-ness increase after successive injuries. Either that or have it more expansive. For instance injury prone ness in the ankle, thigh, etc

A hidden attribute of 'highest achieved rating'. I find it sickening that my youngster wont learn from the likes of Figo etc because his current reputation isnt high enough.

Somebody mentioned being able to bark instructions using a microphone. I would absolutely love that!

I would like to see more unpredictability of signings. It seems like when you know somebody who is talented that you can buy, eg Willian, that he always does well. How about more Aquilani's, Schevchenkos and Torres'. In other words players who should be great even after doing all your research but attributes decline unexpectedly-uno like Ronaldinho for Barcelona.

There's an option for Print screen to Excel (?), or something like that isn't there? Still don't think it would be a massive time saver for you. Maybe if you create some custom views on your squad screen of atts/stats you want and exported those...

Oh hey, so there is! It exports to text (the file extension is RTF, but it's minimally formatted, thankfully), which isn't perfect, but it looks like the output for player info screens is regular enough that I could have a go at scraping the data, at least. My spreadsheets are generally on google docs, so my thought is that I could hook the scraper up via one of their data APIs. We'll see.

Ok, ok, I'm sure this has been brought up before, but here's my worth.

You should be able to make a bigger statement if the board decide to sell someone without your say-so, by doing this such as:

a) Issuing the board an ultimatum. Tell them that if they sell player X, you're leaving the club as you obviously have different opinions on where the club is going.

b) Beg the board not to sell him, argue that either you can get a higher fee in future, or he is pivotal to your plans.

c) Tell the board that you will allow them to finish this sale, but in future, you want full control.

d) Nothing.

You could also incorporate this into contract negotiations with clubs - some clubs may refuse to allow you full control over transfers, so you have a big decision to make when joining a club, or it could be that they trust you to look after the clubs finances. During your contract, the board could approach you if the club is in financial distress and announce that they wish to reduce your control over transfers, and that you must either accept this or resign. Conversely, the board could begin to trust your business acumen over a period of time, and offer you the opportunity to take full control of transfers.

When the time is right, this is the kind of thing that would have to be worked in with a Director of Football.

On the topic, I would like to see something of an overhaul of the manager/chairman relationship, with more detailed information of your relationship with them, their patience in achieving long-term goals for the club, and their involvement in transfers. I would like to be signing a 3 year contract with Watford and the chairman announcing that at the end of your deal, he wants to see the club in the upper half of the league in a healthy financial position if you are to stay longer. Similarly, the Cardiff board might announce that you won't be offered a new deal until you gain promotion, at which point they will reopen negotiations with you. Some chairmen might accept failure as inevitable and offer you a new deal regardless, some might be more ruthless and sack you even if you do what they ask.

I had an idea for the next version however qiedly it doesnt even need to be included in the game and may increase profit margins. If Sports interactive could release a website with a database of sorts that shows key states for players plus values that would be good. HOwever the thing i want introduced would be like a fantasy football style website where i could build a team and set my budgets. so fm managers could set how much the players is values at and how much they bought them for and you could drag and drop players like sky sports into a formation where it totalled up but only to your maximum budget. this would be great cause i constantly start again trying new teams and players and wish i could build a squad at work before starting a career at home lol. wonder what you and other fm fans think

when i used & trained a Player played a lot in particular position and become 'Natural' , he shouldn't lose that rate during the whole of his career, but it's seem he lose that rate after just several days from teaching him for other position !

A very small thing, but I wish the referees wouldn't wear black when one of the teams is also wearing black. Obviously it doesn't effect the players, but it's starting to annoy me a little when I'm just about to curse my player for running straight into an opponent, only for it to be the referee.

Another thing I'd like to see is an improvement of the jumping-attribute. First of all, you need to make sure all of the researchers understand that "jumping" means height plus leap. There's a lof of 190 centimeter plus-players out there with 13 or below in jumping. Also, you must make sure the attribute doesn't decrease too much when the player CA declines. Just because he gets older and crappier doesn't mean he gets shorter, right? Or crouches on the field.

I'd like to see more balance in the youth candidate teams. I've seen a few times a multitude of one position and a dearth in other positions. Most recently, I had five goaltenders in my youth candidate squad. FIVE. No single squad needs that many. I reloaded the save and the next go round, I had six strikers. SIX.

Another thing I would like is for the "key moment" during matches to actually be key moments. I watch matches with that option selected so I don't have to sit through the entire match and can quickly move on. Yet I continually have to watch players taking 30 seconds of time just to walk off the ptch for substitutions, injuries, etc. I wouldn't call the walking in between plays a "key moment".

I'd also like for players not to act like petulant 4 years olds in player interactions. Would be nice. They are adults after all.

Another thing I would like is for the "key moment" during matches to actually be key moments. I watch matches with that option selected so I don't have to sit through the entire match and can quickly move on. Yet I continually have to watch players taking 30 seconds of time just to walk off the ptch for substitutions, injuries, etc. I wouldn't call the walking in between plays a "key moment".

Agree. You get to watch a lot of rubbish in the "Key" mode.

Scouting Knowledge Map

A basic world map graphic that has countries / continents / sub-continents (west / east Europe etc) and each is colour coded (as the attributes are) based on your knowledge. Gives you an easier and faster way to see where you're lacking knowledge.

Better AI. Please. I just signed a danish player on a "backup for the first team"-contract. After less than a month, during the pre-season, he's concerned because he want to play first team football.

Edit, and stuff like this:

I am Sunderland, currently second in the PL and in a great form. I meet Liverpool, currently 14:th in PL and in a bad form, home. Everyone, including media, my assistant manager and the sports betting companies, knows I will lose this game. And rest assured, my players plays like toddlers and I am down two goals within a couple of minutes. Why? Because they are the mighty Liverpool and I am Sunderland? Why do Liverpool, after losing horrible to some of the leagues absolutley worst teams home, suddenly play like Gods against me? And why, oh why, do everyone but me see this coming?

And as I've said before, the game AI needs to understand the concept of unavailable players. If half my team is missing due to injuries, international games, and bans, media should not be surprised when I lose the game.

Within training

Can you include the ability to hide the default schedules and likewise the youth/senior training. If you add your own you end up with a huge long list to scroll down before getting to the one you want. It would be good if it was possible to remove the default ones (a tick box to say hide would be good enough) while only showing the schedules relevant to the squad i.e. youth ones only show on youth training and visa versa

Probably been mentioned, but the ability to take a squad on tour. So in pre-season, you actually select the squad to take to wherever you're going- USA or Asia etc- and take em with you. Same applies for away matches, both in league and Europe. You have to select the squad before you travel.

If I buy a player on a deal to be completed at the end of the season, I would like to then be able to scout him for the rest of the season as I can with a player I send out loan. I often leave younger players at the current club for that extra season of first team football.

When I leave a club to take a new job I would like to key staff with me as part of the deal instead of waiting for the "mass exodus" after you leave and then re signing them. You would also not need to go through offering contract terminations to existing staff as this would happen automatically for example if you took your assistant with you. Staff should also be more flexible with jobs they will accept especially if they have been unemployed for a while or want to stay at a favoured club when a new manager takes over ie assistant to first team coach or first team coach to coach.

The ability to lock out any contract option not just lock it in. I don't want to offer any player a yearly wage rise at lower level clubs especially so it would nice to say that straight away and top going round in circles.

General rework of private chat has been mentioned a lot of times here, but what I think that should be added there is an option to try to persuade a player being on a loan in your team to make the move permanent.

Also, players sitting in some team in reserves and not playing shouldn't be refusing even negotiating a contract or a loan offer from some team which just has lower reputation. Maybe an option to talk to agent or player to persuade them (e.g. "You'd easily become a key player in our team while you don't get any play time here"), the same could apply to any player refusing negotiating a contract (e.g. offering him a lot of money or stating your vision or plans etc.)

Plus you could time from time get a message in your inbox that certain player has decided to end career in his home country or would prefer ending it in his beloved club, even at cost of lower wages.

Yeah, and also option for Training Focus: Weaker foot, so your player would be able to strike the ball with his weaker foot decently if he had to.

Archived