What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please do away with the leaderboards, their purpose is defeated by FMRTE. The list is no longer a list of the top players but the biggest cheaters, why bother with this is it is completely sullied by non-legitimate scores?

I am not knocking those who desire to use cheat devices, that is their way to play, I respect that but I wish the leaderboards was for either only legit players or everyone. As it is now, if you use any edits with either the pre-game editor or in game editor it disables your ability to score on the leaderboards, so why allow FMRTE users to still rack up huge points?

Actually it makes little difference. Reason being, a player can always manage another club when that club is playing against his main team. The result? He can make use of the 0-0-5 formation and win always with his own club.

Hi guys. I'm not from England but playing for Cornwall Truro and face the challenge of inviting players. As you know, semi-players are much more willing to move to neighboring clubs. I do not have a chance to steal a player from somewhere in Norfolk. It is an interesting challenge and I think that there is something to improve.

1. Add a map on which you can navigate (nice, but a lot of work).

2. Add a list of the neighboring regions / towns / clubs from which players agree to move (easier).

I understand that I can use maps.google, but I suppose that it might be a good innovation. In addition, a map can be used not only for the club's screen, but also on the team selection screen, or the screen of the League, and maybe somewhere else

In-game now you quite often get fantastic zoomed-out helicopter views of your stadium while the match is paused or processing.

I'd love it if there was a button on the facilities page you could click to get to just see this view for a bit, even if it wasn't controllable in any way - Just a 5 second pan from helicopter height

When is that? Have never seen this!

I was hoping for FM2017 to upgrade the Hero Achievements with a Legendary Achievement. To receive this you would not just

have to get the team from lowest to top division but also WIN the top division in that country. It would be awesome to also get

a few more countries added to the list where the Hero Achievement could be completed. Like any country where you can compete

in like 3 tiers or more.

Really hope this can be achieved.

Dreamtrip

Hi all. First of all, sorry about my english. There are some issues that i wanna discuss with all.

1) Managers cant negotiate with others clubs about testimonials. This is the MOST important job for managing directors or club employers. Maybe if you are José Mourinho or Pep Guardiola, you can negotiate to sign players who has high profile.

2) Managers cant sack the managing directors. The exact opposite, managing directors sack managers. And managers cant offer a contract for a new managing directors. Its like hiring a new boss.(dont think that like a CEO)

3) Managers dont negotiate with players or agents about wages, bonuses, agent fees. This is just unreal. This is a job for managing directors or presidents.

This three of them make this game unreal and Football Manager series dont give us a real management experiences.

My Solutions

1) Manager and his scout team research players from.other teams, prepare a report and say " hey bro i wanna work with these players, just buy :) " And prepare another report for players to send away from own team.

2) Managers should give extra options for buy a Player. For example, i need a striker and i gave a report to my managing director. 1)Yaya Sanogo, 2) Carlos Fierro, 3) Khouma Babacar, 4) Facundo Ferreyra. We should give an order for players who wanna buy most. Olur managing director will make offers, make negotiations and buy one of them or they can buy totally different players that you wanted. This is the football reality! Nobody cant buy the players that they just wanted.

2) Can be added a new option to play as a manager or play as a manager and managing director at the same time. Whole game can be logical if they are doing that.

Thanks for reading. ozanvedeniz@gmail.com to contact.

I really wish that next year, we wont have international teams playing games while the league is on in the Danish superliga.. missing 23/23 players to 4-5 games every season gets tedious, worse so when you start being so big, even your youth teams are filled with talented youngsters who are away for international duty. I just had to play 7 grey players for a match against Sønderjyske in my domestic league, despite having over 50 players contracted to my club in total.

In screens with long filter lists, for instance Job Security, have the tick boxes unticked by default when the user unticks "all nations". Now we have to tick off dozens of nations or competitions to see only Premier League or English managers. Can't imagine people use it this way.

My english is not that good, but I hope that this suggestion will be understandable.

I've been thinking about a Twitter page for your club that works just like the newsfeed. The idea here is to be a social network for the club where the player (manager) can see the popularity of the club and the interactions with the in-game world through the course of the game itself.

This is how it works. Just like the newsfeed provide headlines of websites/newspapers, the "Twitter page" will simulate the way which many Twitter pages of various clubs do in real life: providing quick news about the players, schedules, signings and etc. The bigger the club, more followers they will have and more interaction with the fans will occur.

This Twitter page should have:

- tweets announcing a new signing for the first team/a first team player gettint a new contract;

- tweets wishing a happy birthday to a legendary/important/fan favourite player;

- tweets with an quote from a official interview with a player about the last or the next game/an upcoming derby/an league cup or european cup final/the goals for the upcoming season/an analysis of the last season/an important award/etc;

- some fan contest to win a signed shirt of a fan favourite player or important new signing;

- tweets with the results of the matchs and the official line-up from that game (will appear only when the match starts);

- some stats of a in-form player;

- and other things that the Twitter page of various clubs do in real life.

I know that it's basically what the game already have, but the main objective here is to show those infos in a way that only Twitter pages do, giving the player a most realistical approach. If your club is a big and very popular one, those tweets will have hundreds and hundreds of retweets. If you're in a fourth-tier club the interactions will be almost frequent and not so many people will retweet, but if you manage to guide him to more success, the number of followers will increase and the interaction too.

Take this in note too, for example, when a lower-division team beats a first-division team in a league cup, the uproar in the media can impact on the number of followers from that team Twitter page.

The main purpose of the game is the football, guiding a team, but to see the interaction of the club with the real (in-game) world is interesting. Maybe it's hard to take and apply this idea, but something like that should be in consideration. Don't need to be a Twitter, maybe you guys can elaborate a fake social network just for the game.

I don't have the FM16, but FM15 was very good and addictive in a good way. The game is perfect in many aspects and I really appreciate your work. I hope that this idea don't get lost in the middle of others good ideas that you guys receive constantly. Thank you.

A separate section under Facilities for a medical department, for example:

Training Facilities: Good

Youth Facilities: Good

Medical Facilities: Below Average

Surely, most clubs have medical rooms and treatment areas that need improvements and upgrades over time.

It'd be cool to see info about owners of the clubs. Maybe just a brief bio and their overall ownership style (fiscally conservative/agressive, etc.). For example Stan Kroenke for Arsenal could mention that he also owns an NFL team, and that he's generally not one to go all out in the transfer market. Not sure if that would raise legal issues or not.

Would also be nice to be able to upgrade more than just youth and training facilities. Maybe if you're an up and coming team, have the ability to secure a charter jet for your travels, improve lodging standards for away fixtures. Maybe these things could have a very minimal effect on your chances of success in away games, maybe even slightly more of a boost if the match is very far away.

I was playing as Arsenal in FM 15 and brought Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's father into the staff. His father was listed on his info page as one of his favorite people. It was an effort to keep him at the club since he wanted out. I'm not sure if bringing in his Dad improved his performance or morale though. Would be nice for Alex to have a message like "I'm thrilled you've brought my dad into the staff, I know he'll be a great fit for our team." And then maybe see some changes in his form/morale.

I wonder also if as a manager you could have a little more about yourself, even if it's just for flavor. In addition to your media style, tactical and mental attributes, maybe have something like good sense of humor/stoic type/combative type. Maybe if you adopt a Mourinho style with all the mind games other managers would be quicker to challenge/question you. At the same time your ability to deflect media attention from the players onto yourself could earn you more respect/better morale from your players.

The amount of coaches needs to be fixed. It is drastically un realistic. No team has 20 first team coaches/staff. Not even 10. Most clubs have 4-6 first team coaches/staff.

Most teams will have this type of setup

1. Manager

2. Assistant Manager

3. 2nd Assistant Manager

4. GK Coach

5. Fitness/S&C coach

6-7. - Open - Varies - Sometimes another first team assistant and some even have a psychologist/mental performance coach.

And that is all. Yet, SI programs it to where more is better and that we need 15+ first team assistants in order to spread the training around.

It'd be cool to see info about owners of the clubs. Maybe just a brief bio and their overall ownership style (fiscally conservative/agressive, etc.). For example Stan Kroenke for Arsenal could mention that he also owns an NFL team, and that he's generally not one to go all out in the transfer market. Not sure if that would raise legal issues or not.

Agree with that, at least their profiles should be clickable. We have skills and traits for them in DB, why not include them in game? And staff history, of course, I'd like to know what my new chairman did before bought the club :D

I'd love to be able to be able to choose the scout who brings me the next opposition reports. Right now, when I create an assignment (even at the Assignments page of the scoud I want to scout the next opposition), the game automatically assigns a scout. Why not let me choose the same way I can pick who brings me reports from France?

Please, consider bringing this into the game as soon as possible.

I'm addicted to FM since the beginning, and equally long bothered with several things, but I'll summarize it down at two:

1) Income from tickets, merchandising and sponsorship: If you start with a club that has regional and national reputation, and manage to make that club the most reputable club in the world tickets income and merchandising doesn't improve significantly according. For example, my club starts with national reputation and on average 9$ per match or 76$ per seasonal ticket. After building a new stadium, winning Champions League 5 times, Europa League 1 time, World Club Championship 4 times, my ticket sales increases but average match and season ticket price stays the same?!!! Not mentioning the sponsorship money increased from 1 to 5 millions. Really?! How realistic is that?!! This requires much improvement, because the clubs of continental and worldwide reputation often have sponsors outside their national borders (Qatar --> Barcelona), so their should be able to accomplish significant increases in their finances when breaching national borders. Moreover, increase in club reputation often attracts tourists, so the average attendance should not be based solely on the city's population. Not mentioning how much would a certain club increase their ticket prizes after obtaining 5 Championship League titles!!! Also, increase/decrease in league reputation should have major input on overall increase in sponsorship, merchandise and ticket sales and prices.

2)youth setup: I was deeply disappointing when FM2016 received none or very irrelevant changes in organizing youth setup. You win some money, beg board to enhance your youth facilities (and for some strange reason this is limited at once per year, destined to be done in the same time of the year - no matter when they improve your request - and you cannot skip from basic to top with just investing significantly more money) and expand your recruitment to exceptional level (what doesn't affect much the number, nationality or - most important - quality of players coming in), and that's it. You're stuck with what you get. There's is so much that can be done in this section and that would improve the game tremendously! Not mentioning make it more realistic.

So, here, I'll offer few suggestions.

Improving sponsorship, merchandising and ticket sales:

Merchandising

What I love about FM2016 is that board can ask you for advice when investing in certain part of the club (for example, increasing staff salaries). This can be utilize in improving merchandising, without affecting the existing dynamics of the game. For example: I've had several successful transfers, won Champions League and suddenly, I have a lot of money to spare. The board could inform me - or ask me, depends on the level of trust among us - that they are planing to invest 20% of that money to improve corporate facilities what could benefit a club on the long run. This would make sense because when you start the game - depends on the club - the board is already very often restricting the percentage of money that will go towards the transfers. And yes, in real life corporate facilities can improve without building a new stadium (what happens in the game). Additionally, ability of your corporate facilities could be restricting to answer demand (very basic - only locally, the top - worldwide, internet sales). On top of it, increase influence of your partner clubs (affiliates) in other countries, leading to suggestion where and when organize your tours (similar as the board can give you choice for summer/winter camps). Moreover, the board could inform your when partner (affiliated) clubs bring little or no profit.

Ticket sales

Similar as before, this is mostly for board to decide and ask for your opinion or simply just inform you. For example. The historic Champions League semi-final game is coming up. Historic!!! What means regardless of your country economic status, those ticket prices could go 300-400% up (if not even more in a real life), not mentioning if your stadium can only accept 10 000 people! Now, we are coming down to the simple offer and demand theory. That is why in the game, board can inform you that there is incredible demand for tickets, and that they will increase price by so and so. You, as a manager, can complain by saying you would rather have full stadium than more money or in some cases, if you agree, this could backfire at you through fan's anger and boycotting of "the game of the season", and therefore on team moral and making your life more difficult as a manager. Or perhaps, you should at least be able to suggest the board to have a fan day to ensure the support for your lads here and there.

Sponsorship

As I mentioned before, this can be simply perfected by more realistically increasing your average sponsorship together with your club and league reputation. Moreover, having Brazilian, Japanese or Italian star on the team can attract not only audience, but also sponsors outside your country boarders. I'm not sure how precisely this is setup in the game, but if anything, with raise of your club stature there should be interest of sponsors to invest in more aspects of your club: youth teams, youth stadiums, youth academies, pitch #1, pitch #28...warm up jersey, having adds on the club TV and so on...

TV rights

Something I didn't mentioned before, but can also go in this category. With increase in club stature and reputation, there should be increase in demand and therefore - more TV money. At the moment, if you start the game with pitiful 40 000$ per match, it doesn't increases pass 80 000$, regardless of your reputation. Realistic? I don't thinks so. Furthermore, as before, you should see more board-can-sell-TV-rights especially when it comes to friendly games or your youth teams going passed group stages in U19 Ch. League. Also, the clubs from Italian, Serbian, or English leagues don't receive same amount of money from TV rights when they win Ch. League. Okay, this makes sense if your club had national reputation going into Ch. League. But, if your club is most reputable club in the world last two seasons, there's not logic Man Utd should receive more TV money when winning Ch. League, than your club!!!

Youth Setup

First, one important statement - clubs work on bettering their youth setup all year long. So, that's the first thing that needs to be changed in the game. Including, the role of head of the youth development and your scouting team. Head of your youth development should utilize your scouting team to inform you where your club should hold recruiting camps all year long or around off season periods. Yes, you can still have your youth intake coming at once in Feb/March, but a quality of that intake would be directly affecting by how good is your head of youth development and scouting team. Also, where you can hold your camps (locally, regionally...wordwide) should be closely tied to club reputation and location of affiliating partners. On negative side, the more camps you decide to have can affect your finances. So, if you decides to organize camps in 20 countries to increase your chance in finding next Messi, you should be ready to invest a lot of money in youth recruitment on yearly basis. Also, the number of attendees on your camps can be closely related on how much you are investing in your youth coaching team and youth setup. Plus - academies, academies, academies...and yes - academies!!!

A separate section under Facilities for a medical department, for example:

Training Facilities: Good

Youth Facilities: Good

Medical Facilities: Below Average

Surely, most clubs have medical rooms and treatment areas that need improvements and upgrades over time.

Agree. Also, the state of your senior, youth and medical facilities should play great role when you want to keep or bring a player. For example, Darijo Srna, Croatian wing-back in Shakter Donjeck had several opportunities to make a transfer to any great club from Spain, England, Germany, etc, but he didn't because a) he earned good money, b) he had great facilities, and c) fans loved him. Facilities should play greater role, and yes, especially, medical facilities. If player is susceptible to injuries (and in FM16, a lot of them are), you should allow possibility to deal with it and also, to use it as a way to convince a player to join your club. "Why should I join your club?" "We have great medical facilities and staff that can help you deal with your susceptibility to injuries..." Boom! He's signed!

Regarding the in-game editor, it would be nice if we could register players in competitions regardless of whether my team meets the registration rules or not (like number of HG players, number of foreign players, etc.). I still have to buy the other real time editor (F***E) because it offers this feature and the official one does not.

To be able to search for players natural position. Searching for defensive midfielders and wing backs is very tough especially if you want better than accomplished for that role as a high number of central midfielders are accomplished defensive midfielders and full backs are accomplished wing backs

Regarding the in-game editor, it would be nice if we could register players in competitions regardless of whether my team meets the registration rules or not (like number of HG players, number of foreign players, etc.). I still have to buy the other real time editor (F***E) because it offers this feature and the official one does not.

or you know an original idea would be just stick to the rules :rolleyes:

Apologies if this has been mentioned before (I can't be bothered trawling through sixty-odd pages), but I'd love to see the Jobcentre re-jigged. Nothing too fancy, but I really don't need to know if Aldershot are advertising for a GK Coach for their youth team. When I run big, multi-league saves I have to un-tick each non-manager job role in te menu, and this actually takes some time when running a massive save. It also resets itself when a new job is taken. Very irritating.

I'd like some player interaction revolving around calling up Dual Nationality players for duty. At the moment all you get is 'Player X rejects your call-up' . Playing as San Marino, most players want to hold out for the Italy call up when they are DN which rarely comes.

I should be able to talk to a player to convince them. Similar to when your trying to persuade a player to enter contract negotiations. I.e promise to make them captain etc

A game that is playable before Christmas. That would be awesome

It is playable, whining about any problems you're seeing won't help things.

If you're seeing issues then report them with the right infomation like savegames of pkms in the bug forum.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before (I can't be bothered trawling through sixty-odd pages), but I'd love to see the Jobcentre re-jigged. Nothing too fancy, but I really don't need to know if Aldershot are advertising for a GK Coach for their youth team. When I run big, multi-league saves I have to un-tick each non-manager job role in te menu, and this actually takes some time when running a massive save. It also resets itself when a new job is taken. Very irritating.

Second this. I run a big save as well and it's so bloody annoying un-ticking everything.

Especially when you have to, as you say, un-tick every time a new job is taken.

Most of the information there is not interesting nor helpful at all to me.

Second this. I run a big save as well and it's so bloody annoying un-ticking everything.

I often run world-wide, lower league journeyman saves and find that there is a lag when un-ticking due to the large amount of data on-screen. It can take several minutes to faff with the Jobcentre.

The ability to start a game with "non-licensed" kits but that would allow you to see the designs change for each season and the sponsors change accordingly, obviously they could be randomly generated companies. The kit colours would have to be similar to be real-life counter parts.

I often run world-wide, lower league journeyman saves and find that there is a lag when un-ticking due to the large amount of data on-screen. It can take several minutes to faff with the Jobcentre.

Exactly my experience as well. Lower league, world-wide, journeyman. The lag is real at times. Although i have also found that the lag differs depending on which country i'm managing in.

Italy is the worst for me. That can take such a long time fiddling with the job centre.

Whilst being in more obscure countries the lag isn't as bad. Still bad but not so bad compared to being based in Italy.

A few things I'd love to see for Fantasy Draft Mode:-

1) The ability to have leagues with more than 6 managers

2) Once you've set up manager profiles, the game already remembers the name of the manager's team, stadium, and location from save to save. However, it doesn't remember team kits from save to save (or, once a game is underway, let you check which kit settings you entered so you can exactly recreate those kits in the future)

3) I'd like the option for teams to play home and away in the league. At present, all matches are at a neutral venue.

4) When drafting players, it'd be great if there was a Cancel button you could use if you realised you'd drafted the wrong player and hadn't yet hit the Change Manager button.

5) It'd be great if team value was calculated accurately.

I was advised it would be good to post my idea on this thread by Barside:

One thing I have noticed. I am a semi professional club and had my youth intake. I sign those recommended and then immediately offer professional deals for when they turn 17 (this serves two purposes. 1) It stops them being signed by other clubs "on the cheap" and 2) It means they have a contract sorted when they hit 17). As I am semi professional, unless they will be "rotation" or better (which is extremely unlikely), they always ask for and are given non contract contracts.

In the meantime, before these contracts become active, my club turn fully professional. I can now offer professional deals to all players, including these youngsters. Unfortunately, the game will not allow me to modify or offer a new deal.

It would be good if this could be changed.

Don't know if it was mentioned, but I would like to see 'blank' roles for every position (as in, a default player role that has no pre-selected items), so that we can create our own custom player roles.

Also, a better explanation on what each tactical option does would also be useful (say, a summary of the stuff you can find on the Guide to Football Manager website).

Finally, if you really want the assistant to help us during the game, he should (at least the better ones) also propose a solution for an issue he sees, not just report it (e.g. 'we are getting shots, but they are mostly from long range'). I turn him off, because at the moment, the assistant is more like someone who gets in the way, rather than someone who is genuinely useful. He should also offer advice while setting up a tactic, looking for players, negotiating a contract etc. In short, he should assist more :)

Same problem as previous versions, players demanding up to 5 times their wages so I end talks and then they sign for similar team for wages they were already on. This has never been fixed.

If you think you've found a bug, post it in the right thread. This doesn't exactly look like a proposal for future editions.

Fixing transfers.

For selling: Incredibly difficult to sell fringe players and barely ever receive offers higher than player value.

For buying: I always have to bid 2-3x higher of the player value and struggle to sell players close to their value. I have to flog them for cheap :(

Fixing transfers.

For selling: Incredibly difficult to sell fringe players and barely ever receive offers higher than player value.

For buying: I always have to bid 2-3x higher of the player value and struggle to sell players close to their value. I have to flog them for cheap :(

Those fringe players will obviously not be wanted by you and aren't as good as your first team players, so of course any buying club will want to buy them on the cheap becasue you don't want them any more the AI will assume that you're willing to sell cheaply

As for buying players the other club obviously wants to keep them so you have to bid over their value to sign them.

Neither of these are an issue, bug or anything that needs fixing.

Agree with that, at least their profiles should be clickable. We have skills and traits for them in DB, why not include them in game? And staff history, of course, I'd like to know what my new chairman did before bought the club :D

Agree with this completely. At the moment we get news pieces about Graham Taylor leading a takeover bid, but his football history isn't viewable even though he's an ex-manager. These days many football chairmen / owners have history within the game and FM would be improved by reflecting this more extensively than it does at present. I had a German takeover, the news piece said my chairman had spent many years at some German minor club, but other than that I knew nothing about him.

Finally, if you really want the assistant to help us during the game...In short, he should assist more :)

Agree with this also, for me the assistant during the match is now irritating me in the way Microsoft Office Assistant does. He's like a giant paper clip who sez "HEEEEEYYY! It looks like you're seriously overrun in midfield!!!" every time the opposing team plays with five across the middle regardless of the scoreline, so I turn it off. The advice could do with being more varied and original.

Similarly, the pre-game tactics advice new to FM16 is a great idea and I like it, but I wish it wasn't incorporated into every backroom meeting I have. I like to get feedback about scouting, special moves etc without the assistant trying to force his preferred formation on me every two weeks. The 'Backroom Advice' and 'Tactics Advice' could do with being separated in my opinion.

Those fringe players will obviously not be wanted by you and aren't as good as your first team players, so of course any buying club will want to buy them on the cheap becasue you don't want them any more the AI will assume that you're willing to sell cheaply

As for buying players the other club obviously wants to keep them so you have to bid over their value to sign them.

Neither of these are an issue, bug or anything that needs fixing.

I know where you're coming from and I agree it's not a bug but the problem is, it feels impossible to sell fringe players because no one bids for them, even when using "offer to clubs" at slashed down price. No one has any interest but they're pretty decent players and in real life most clubs would snap them up at that slashed price!

I know where you're coming from and I agree it's not a bug but the problem is, it feels impossible to sell fringe players because no one bids for them, even when using "offer to clubs" at slashed down price. No one has any interest but they're pretty decent players and in real life most clubs would snap them up at that slashed price!

If they wanted them. If nobody wants them, then nobody is going to put a bid in for them. Your no-competitive-fixture-for-9-months, 28 year old with a dodgy knee and 0 goals in 2 1/2 years just ain't pullin' in the gals like he used to.

Hence why, even on a free transfer, Owen Hargreaves couldn't pull in the offers

My 2p worth.

Any chance of the full game having options that we can choose to have on/off? i.e. the press or psychology parts. I know they are important to some extent but gamewise for me it's a bit of a repetitious drag that bores the hell out of me and often does not have a response that I would give on Saturday when I do the job for real. I'm also not interested in achievements that steam keeps popping up every so often.

I know there's FMT but that lacks a bit to much for me. [/Mr. Picky]

Cheers. :D

Archived