Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

1- UEFA states 8 locally trained players and these might come from club-trained players or associaton-trained players. FM ignores the second option, unless FM translates association to country

2- UEFA states that If a club has fewer than eight locally trained players in its squad, then the maximum number of players on List A is reduced accordingly. This is algo ignored in FM.

association does mean country though (or the league structure they play in) which is why the likes of Swansea/Cardiff don't need a bunch of Welsh players to play in Europe

and 2 is in FM correctly, you do not need to register u21 that can still qualify (they appear as u21 in the registration page) and the list IS reduced if you can't fill the quota (I've had 18 registered for a while, due to the lack of development with a brand new club [club created with a blank squad list at gamestart])

The manager should not be have control over the DoF and should not be able to sack/hire one.We can request the board to sack him at the time of your interview or at a later date but the board may reject/accept it.In real life DoFs are often involved in hiring and firing of managers but you hardly hear about a manager firing a DoF or restricting his duties.So' date='I think the DoF staff role should be redefined in future FMs to make it more realistic.[/quote']

My DOF does nothing unless I tick the appropriate box in the responsibilities bit, if I don't tick then I can do all signing contracts myself as usual, what is the point in having a DOF if you can choose what he does at the club, surely his position should be already set.

One thing that has always amazed me in this game is that you can take charge of a club without having any prior management experience, which in itself is totally unrealistic. When you're making your manager profile at the start of the game it allows you now to change your levels of training and what licenses you have, there should be an option to put down any management experience say in the past 5-10 years, just seems ridiculous that a rookie can take over say Barcelona or Man U.

Make Nation more dynamic, currently it's static.

Even if you somehow managed to make a small country like Malaysia win the world cup. The

- Importance

- Development

- Economic Factor

- Fa Financial Power

- Youth Rating

WILL NOT change no matter how good your country perform on the international stage even after many years of doing so.

I seriously hope SI CHANGE this to become more DYNAMIC.

Make Player Instruction screen more user friendly by extending colour coding to indicate which PI's are "already active" for role selected.

association does mean country though (or the league structure they play in) which is why the likes of Swansea/Cardiff don't need a bunch of Welsh players to play in Europe

and 2 is in FM correctly, you do not need to register u21 that can still qualify (they appear as u21 in the registration page) and the list IS reduced if you can't fill the quota (I've had 18 registered for a while, due to the lack of development with a brand new club [club created with a blank squad list at gamestart])

When offering a player to clubs, add "All Interested Clubs" to the "Clubs To Propose To" selection.

Good one, this.

I would also suggest adding clubs in a certain division. If you have a player you want to send out on loan to a specific league level.

possession depends to much from the opponent defensive line and their pressing, it should depend a lot more from our player's ability to keep possession;

players complain to much, a few matches out of the starting eleven and they start complaining, for sure it's not like this in real clubs;

congratulating a player for scoring a goal with the national squad is impossible, because morale drops down;

complacency is out of order: sure there isn't any team in the pre-season that has their players in the pitch complacent or not interested and also having subs going in and automaticaly becoming complacent is at least weird;

touchline shouts should have a more practical effect;

Here is the suggestion.

Make players "gelling" and familiarity with each other more important and more visible.

On tactic screen, show visually how well each player is "gelled" with each other.

Also, make gelling important for national team matches too, so national team manager has incentive to take proven linked pairs from clubs into a national team.

Here is the suggestion.

Make players "gelling" and familiarity with each other more important and more visible.

On tactic screen, show visually how well each player is "gelled" with each other.

Also, make gelling important for national team matches too, so national team manager has incentive to take proven linked pairs from clubs into a national team.

I like this! Relationships all over the pitch are important. Baines & Pienaar, Yorke & Cole etc

Is it possible to create custom routines for corners/free kicks?

Rather than set positions, can you place your players anywhere on the pitch and use set commands, cross to back post, head across goal, flick ons, etc.

And an added touch, if you create a goal scoring opportunity it is picked up and reported in the commentary.

A bit gimmicky but on special occasions (finals etc.) a voice over commentator would be great.

Been wanting this for a few years now

I would like to be a manager instead of creating my own manager all the time. Like play with Jose Mourinho or any other manager in all the leagues that are in the game.

Open the editor, delete Mourinho from the game, create a manager and call yourself Mourinho.

Done.

One thing that has always amazed me in this game is that you can take charge of a club without having any prior management experience, which in itself is totally unrealistic. When you're making your manager profile at the start of the game it allows you now to change your levels of training and what licenses you have, there should be an option to put down any management experience say in the past 5-10 years, just seems ridiculous that a rookie can take over say Barcelona or Man U.

Start at a lower club and work your way up.

- I've always found it a bit of a 'chore' offering contract upgrades to the many staff I have (usually at a big club). I would love an option for the chairman/board to offer staff contract extensions/terminations subject to your approval.

- I hate to use FIFA as an example, but they, I believe use some intelligent AI software which tracks player form in real life, and implement this into the game. I think this should occur for all AI clubs only and not the club you're managing.

- The added extras on FM such as 'classic mode' and 'challenge' etc is pointless and probably takes up too much time and money for the developers to create. Any FM user I speak to (very many) have never bothered with these features.

I use classic in a multiplayer game with two mates. It's the only way we can play the more recent versions of the game, otherwise it is too slow. I know a lot of other people who use classic too.

Transfer deadline day is pretty poor on football manager...you should be able to sign a player right up to the last minute.

Transfer deadline day is pretty poor on football manager...you should be able to sign a player right up to the last minute.

and you can, where is the problem?

possession depends to much from the opponent defensive line and their pressing, it should depend a lot more from our player's ability to keep possession;

players complain to much, a few matches out of the starting eleven and they start complaining, for sure it's not like this in real clubs;

congratulating a player for scoring a goal with the national squad is impossible, because morale drops down;

complacency is out of order: sure there isn't any team in the pre-season that has their players in the pitch complacent or not interested and also having subs going in and automaticaly becoming complacent is at least weird;

touchline shouts should have a more practical effect;

I forgot Scout Reports: we should know what mentality and team shape opponents use

I would like the match engine to feel more like FM13 :(

You discipline a player on an official warning etc, and then later in the season something happens and you want to discipline him again. It would be nice if when choosing the option a message came up stating your previous actions and reasons for them. I don't want to have to create a note for this.

Even if you somehow managed to make a small country like Malaysia win the world cup. The

- Importance

- Development

- Economic Factor

- Fa Financial Power

- Youth Rating

WILL NOT change no matter how good your country perform on the international stage even after many years of doing so.

More dynamic nations would be a great idea. 10/20 years ago who would have thought Belgium would have been as good as they are? Maybe this could filter down to having more/better regens etc

Progressive polygon view.

I'd like to compare a player's polygon with a previous one from say, when the player joined the club. I love seeing how much the stats have progressed, and this feature could really show how much a player has come since joining.

It could also be helpful for older players in seeing what areas they are declining on. Lets say your striker is a target man, but from the polygon comparison you can see that he's declining in physicality from last year so he should be trained in a different role. This would really help in predicting future attributes.

Currently managing in Spain with their system of the B Teams being an entirely separate entity, with their own managers, coaches, training, etc. Would like to see the ability to interact more with the B Team, like being able to choose a player's training, or at least letting the coach there know to "train and play this one as a Left Winger, not a central midfielder," etc. Can't believe that Luis Enrique wouldn't have some more control over how the Barca B team treats and trains his budding superstars, for instance. Currently you can't even talk with your loanees there ("Good job, Samper!!" Suck it up or you're off to Aston Villa, Traore!," etc), much less give input on training, new moves, etc etc. Also would like the chance to go to the board to ask to improve the B Team's training facilities or coaching, so your youngsters can have the best possible shot at making it. Usually they're stuck listening to some fitness instructor with a 8 Fitness rating or a Manager with a 4 in Man Management, even if the parent club has become one of the biggest in the world.

I would like to see continental qualification rules back for each league, it disappeared during the last patch

i see some ppl talking about the option of choosing/changing kits, the way i see it, since from time to time you get new equpment sponsorship deal, maybe it could be found here, instead of just letting you know about it, it should warn you like one month or so before current sponsor deal ends, and show you the interested in sponsoring you, each of them with different proposals and kits so you could choose the better looking kit, or the uglyest one with the better money offer, something like that would be nice

Open the editor, delete Mourinho from the game, create a manager and call yourself Mourinho.

Done.

Negative, you are not jose mourinho, you have zero of his personal achivements, club honours and games played within the game since mourinho came onto the scene.

- Importance

- Development

- Economic Factor

- Fa Financial Power

- Youth Rating

Been wanting this for a few years now

This!!!!

Currently managing in Spain with their system of the B Teams being an entirely separate entity, with their own managers, coaches, training, etc. Would like to see the ability to interact more with the B Team, like being able to choose a player's training, or at least letting the coach there know to "train and play this one as a Left Winger, not a central midfielder," etc. Can't believe that Luis Enrique wouldn't have some more control over how the Barca B team treats and trains his budding superstars, for instance. Currently you can't even talk with your loanees there ("Good job, Samper!!" Suck it up or you're off to Aston Villa, Traore!," etc), much less give input on training, new moves, etc etc. Also would like the chance to go to the board to ask to improve the B Team's training facilities or coaching, so your youngsters can have the best possible shot at making it. Usually they're stuck listening to some fitness instructor with a 8 Fitness rating or a Manager with a 4 in Man Management, even if the parent club has become one of the biggest in the world.

This!!!!

This is awesome ideas.

Lacking all ideas from above is why i'm getting frustrated with fm. Hopefully, SI did something about (at least) football academies in upcoming fm16. if not, truly considering the game's money worth.

I've done that but it's more the fact you can open the game, click on a large club, pick your experience in game and go, even though you choose international player, you have zero managerial experience, how in the hell did you manage to take over Barca, Man U etc.

would it be possible to view a list of vacant manager posts in the "add new manager" dialog, when given the option to pick your team from the loaded leagues?

I usually pick one of the jobs available when the game loads after creation, but am getting lazy and can't be bothered anymore. :D

I sometimes have to recreate the game with an additional league(s) if there's nothing that leaps out at me, which is even worse. :eek::D

You can already do this. When you set up the game there is a tick box that says something like 'prevent clubs with a manager being available'. Then when you get to the choose a club screen all clubs with a manager will be greyed out.

Negative, you are not jose mourinho, you have zero of his personal achivements, club honours and games played within the game since mourinho came onto the scene.

But you are not Mourinho, you are you.

You can't manage as Mourinho because the game is about you being the manager and making your own decisions.

couple of things, probably mentioned before, but is really annoying.

these yellow boxes, tell me the injury instead, I can not make an informed choice whether to sub these players or not, especially when it takes 20-40+ minutes more into the game to tell me if i should sub him or not.

252106DC4407485CC077D837C15D1E536EDAABFC

and these transfer bids

59D7866AB8A29967A87AAEF419B489EAA9A65327

no only is it silly that Chelsea are interested :lol: after releasing him on a free the season before (they also bought De Bruyne back) but the bid is a joke, £5.75m?

over 2 years left on contract, valued at £18m?

589E5650582EFB9B170A9341F2E93BEEFE0A5BF3

while clubs are rejecting more for players transfer listed with 1 year left, not performing anywhere near as well, any players do want rid of, they never get bids, or clubs dont come at you with bids when you offer them.

I'd like to see new preferred moves and realistic animation similar to Rush Football 2.

Actually stating what preferred moves you think should be added would be helpful.

After playing my savegame for loads of seasons there are a few things I woud like to see improved.

When offering players for transfer/loan and searching for specific teams to add to the offer can affilliated teams be listed first please as it's a real pain to search for them every time and I usually want to offer them my players first.

I offered a player a new contract, which he (or his agent) turned down, he then procedes to sign for a lower league, lower rated club on lower wages and a lower squad rating. He was first team with me and is now back-up with them.

Also when you sell a player because he isn't happy with his playing time, his new club then plays him even less and he doesn't moan!!

Players complain about being patronised when you congratulate them for winning their first international cap or scoring their first international goal.

Other computer controlled teams need to sell their players when they complain like we are usually forced to do.

Teams selling players that are transfer listed demanding more than the asking price when you try to buy them, or asking you to pay much more than bid from another team that they've already accepted.

Also need an option to tell a player you're trying to sign that his agent is charging too much so the contract negotiations have ended. I will only pay agents a certain amount (usually max 10% of transfer value, less if I can get away with it) but some agents ask for substancially more and you're unable to change it. I usually end negotiations but would like the option to tell the player what happened. On a few occasions the players have sacked their agents and I've then bid again and signed the player, but this is rare.

An option to select which kit (Home, Away or Third) is worn for games. Sometimes the game selection of this is awful.

Also need an option to tell a player you're trying to sign that his agent is charging too much so the contract negotiations have ended. I will only pay agents a certain amount (usually max 10% of transfer value, less if I can get away with it) but some agents ask for substancially more and you're unable to change it. I usually end negotiations but would like the option to tell the player what happened. On a few occasions the players have sacked their agents and I've then bid again and signed the player, but this is rare.

I would agree with this. Perhaps it could be expanded beyond agent fees--your wage demands are simply too high, your bonuses are out of control, that kind of thing. Basically, be able to talk to the player and say, "Hey, I'd like you to sign a new deal, but your agent is being a bonehead, go talk to him and tell him to accept something more realistic, or I'll be sacking you." Of course this shouldn't always work in our favor either.

I'm copying this from another thread about changing attributes from 1-20 or whatever, but wtf it is a no brainer to add so i will put it here. If SI can scale 1-200 down to 1-20, it should be so simple to provide other scaling *options*:

they should just make attribute scale an *option*. the scale stays the same so it has zero effect on the match engine or game play. but if you want standard 1-20 ratings fine, if you want 1-100 no problem, if you want to make things harder you could go 1-10 or even 1-5.

the Out of the Park Baseball management sim does this and everybody is happy, you can even play stats only with no attribute ratings displayed. you can also play with star ratings off, so you really have to analyze the underlying attributes and decide which player is better overall.

I like 1-5 rating scale, where 3 is average then +1 and +2, so in FM you might have a striker with average composure (3) and +2 finishing (5), whether it's 16 or 20 you don't know. it's more challenging imo. so many of the good players look alike in terms of ratings on a smaller scale, you have to make tough decisions based on stats, scouting reports, personalities, etc, etc. you can't necessarily look at a player with 13 vs 17 in a key attribute and a 3 vs 4 star rating and it's a complete no brainer which guy you want.

but none of this matters, it's all just personal preference, the game works the same as it always has, just a cosmetic difference.

please please please please please please please restore the option to disable player pictures. i'm trying to play a simulation here, i really don't want a bunch of men staring back at me all the time, especially when there are some faces but not others. I'm sure player faces is a popular feature and a lot of people love them, no problem with that, they should be able to see them, but please restore the OPTION to disable them for those of us that don't want them. This option used to be in the game, it should be simple to put it back.

Not sure if it's been mentioned before but I'd like the option to start the season before the current summer transfers have been added. We start the game on July 1st and I think it'd add a bit more realism if there was an option to start off without any of the current summer window signings. For example if I chose to play as Chelsea, I'd start with last seasons squad (with updated stats/ratings) but a transfer budget of £60m (what they spent in this window, although this figure could be higher for transfers missed out on e.g Stones/Pogba, so a potential budget of £160m). Currently we have the option of either starting with a budget or not. If we choose to start with a budget, the clubs total spending could end up being £300m (If you play as City/Utd), which is extremely unrealistic or if we choose not to have a budget we have very little room to change the squad to our liking.

An option for fake players at the start of a ne game that does not base the stats on real-life players.

If you choose to play the game with fake players, you should be able to see things happen such as a player shoving a referee, etc (as used to happen in old CM games).

Not sure if it's been mentioned before but I'd like the option to start the season before the current summer transfers have been added. We start the game on July 1st and I think it'd add a bit more realism if there was an option to start off without any of the current summer window signings. For example if I chose to play as Chelsea, I'd start with last seasons squad (with updated stats/ratings) but a transfer budget of £60m (what they spent in this window, although this figure could be higher for transfers missed out on e.g Stones/Pogba, so a potential budget of £160m). Currently we have the option of either starting with a budget or not. If we choose to start with a budget, the clubs total spending could end up being £300m (If you play as City/Utd), which is extremely unrealistic or if we choose not to have a budget we have very little room to change the squad to our liking.

So basically you want to start the game with the previous years squad, so you have the full transfer budget to buy the players you want and not the ones Jose has bought.

I'd like an option to download the new seasons kit without all the hassle of having to go to specialist download sites, then having to go into my pc and find files etc to put in new kits into certain folders and hope I've done all this correctly. Having an updated kit database would be a good feature.

So basically you want to start the game with the previous years squad, so you have the full transfer budget to buy the players you want and not the ones Jose has bought.

Yeah, I mean if any of us had really taken over as manager of a club on July 1st we wouldn't have any of this summers signings. If realism is the point of the game, there should only be two options IMO. You either start with this summer's signings and no budget or you start without the signings and a budget. It's then your choice as to whether or not you wish to sign the same players which were signed in real life (and perhaps they'd be more willing to sign for you than other clubs in the game), or to go in a different direction which you feel is best.

Many countries in the out of the box game have league structures that go beyond the active leagues and their feeder leagues. It would be great if clubs could promote and relegate between these non-active levels. That way a club in for example the English Southern League First Division could promote to the Southern Premier Division and then eventually to the lowest active league.

That already can happen however it all depends on how detailed the nation HR has been in inputting data below the playable leagues.