Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

If ex-players are still in the game as a coach etc, have the ones you have kept the history of retain playing stats. I have a few testimonials coming up and would like to play some old players as tribute. In fact it would be cool to invite old players still playing at other clubs to take part - like Rooney at Big Dunc's testimonial.

I'd really like to have the ability to watch training sessions. Using the 3D match engine, with a view of the training ground and looking at all the different drills happening, with some text information on how players are reacting or some form of training rating.

Hello,

In FM 2016, I would like to see :

- more deep training management

- more media and AI manager pressure

- more player interactivity, with more pressure on the manager

- when you compose your 11 begin, you should be able to explain to some player why they won't be on the pitch, what do you expect etc...

- more tactical possibilities ( man marking, pressing etc... )

- more specific interviews with media.

- more deep report of training performance/player/group each day, each week, each month, each year, in order for the manager to choose the team more efficiently.

Regards.

I'd really like to have the ability to watch training sessions. Using the 3D match engine, with a view of the training ground and looking at all the different drills happening, with some text information on how players are reacting or some form of training rating.

I would really like this, CM2010 did this and it was probably one of the only parts about that game I liked.

I would really like this, CM2010 did this and it was probably one of the only parts about that game I liked.

and how long would it take you to get bored watching it?

Aside from a few minutes when you first play the game I suspect most users wouldn't bother with it, a lot of users don't watch the matches so why would they watch training?

Poison Daddies (Opposite of Sugar Daddies) - He takes money OUT of the club and sells assets>

Squad pages - Like they were on FML. Instead of just Senior, Reserve, U18 we should be able to create as many different kinds of squads as we like.

Custom Columns - Tidying up so they work properly. i.e dont disappear of the page etc.

Fonts - Choice of fonts and font sizes for the default skins (Not as important but would be nice)

and how long would it take you to get bored watching it?

Aside from a few minutes when you first play the game I suspect most users wouldn't bother with it, a lot of users don't watch the matches so why would they watch training?

Well, I am sure some variety could be added to it, it could be a time when the players, staff and the team interact with you.

There is obviously some training stats been introduced for your manger, maybe if you are at the training ground attending the sessions will offer some sort of boost to the training session.

Maybe as you and your staff get better licenses, more training sessions/types are available.

Your could see you training ground and facilities improve as does your club (purely cosmetic)

I would assume most managers attend training sessions and work with players at that level, if Football Manager is a Football Manager Simulation, surely this kind of thing can be expanded upon.

I do get your point, that it could be a bit boring if the same animations are repeated, but I am not a developer of the game, just a normal person responding to a suggestion thread, if SI wanted all the answers from the fans, they wouldn't have paid staff to figure these things out or just reject them as poor ideas.

Can you make it possible for us to pay our own training courses? I´m sick of my board rejecting it because they have no funds.

My biggest wish for FM16? Simple - the one area that has inexplicably gone backwards in the game - communication. If they can up that side of the game, it'll make the whole experience more immersive and more real. I should be able to talk to any of my players at any time about whatever I want, call any other manager, speak to my staff, or speak to the media about whatever I want to whenever I want to. Inexplicably, they've REDUCED the amount that you can do this in the game now. Needs to be sorted and massively expanded.

Can we change the set piece orders so that they don't reset to default when you switch to a different saved tactic.

Okay some suggestions:

1. Penalizing referees that get a below 4.0 match rating. They simply go scot-free while the two teams participating in the match suffer. I suggest the lowest-average-rated referees are relegated to the lower leagues and the 3 tops from the immediate lower league are promoted. I thought that was the point of the referee rating system.

2. There should be an advantage to a manager that watches a team performing to a manager that just gleans the next oppositions tactical system from attributes. The current system where a scout report, going through the opposition players' attributes, and watching that team play, not having any differences in gaining an insight into their tactical framework does not do it for me. Watching should have the greatest benefit, scouting second, then attributes. (The only way this can be programmed is by making more or most of the oppositions team players' attribute hidden, and can only be viewed by watching at least one of their matches, or something like that). Mourinho would only know exactly how Di Maria plays if he watched him in person. I also thought that's why the game highlighted the opposition manager if he is in attendance (trying to run the rule, etc) apart from just scouting the opposition. You get me point, though.

3. I second Cougar2010's point that the set-piece instructions should not reset to default when tactics are switched.

4. The interaction between managers was cut for the 2014 version. I don't know if it was re-added for 2015. But if it was not, there should be more interaction and mind-games which should also unsettle the team if they are not so determined. A knock-on effect would also be that if a manager said 'someone' is probably the weak-link of the opposition team in a press conference b4 the game, it should affect that player (either make him more determined to prove you wrong, or make him nervous for the game). At the moment, once again for FM 14, it seems to have no effect on the player.

That's all i can think of atm.

Okay some suggestions:

1. Penalizing referees that get a below 4.0 match rating. They simply go scot-free while the two teams participating in the match suffer. I suggest the lowest-average-rated referees are relegated to the lower leagues and the 3 tops from the immediate lower league are promoted. I thought that was the point of the referee rating system.

2. There should be an advantage to a manager that watches a team performing to a manager that just gleans the next oppositions tactical system from attributes. The current system where a scout report, going through the opposition players' attributes, and watching that team play, not having any differences in gaining an insight into their tactical framework does not do it for me. Watching should have the greatest benefit, scouting second, then attributes. (The only way this can be programmed is by making more or most of the oppositions team players' attribute hidden, and can only be viewed by watching at least one of their matches, or something like that). Mourinho would only know exactly how Di Maria plays if he watched him in person. I also thought that's why the game highlighted the opposition manager if he is in attendance (trying to run the rule, etc) apart from just scouting the opposition. You get me point, though.

3. I second Cougar2010's point that the set-piece instructions should not reset to default when tactics are switched.

4. The interaction between managers was cut for the 2014 version. I don't know if it was re-added for 2015. But if it was not, there should be more interaction and mind-games which should also unsettle the team if they are not so determined. A knock-on effect would also be that if a manager said 'someone' is probably the weak-link of the opposition team in a press conference b4 the game, it should affect that player (either make him more determined to prove you wrong, or make him nervous for the game). At the moment, once again for FM 14, it seems to have no effect on the player.

That's all i can think of atm.

1. I'd like to think that the referees with a low rating aren't picked for the bigger games, and that some kind of ranking system is already in place ingame (more consistent referees get the bigger games)

but I don't really track their progress anyway, being firmly of the belief that everything balances itself out after ~40 games

2. That's the whole concept of the new scouting feature for FM15 - you don't know that much (as an English club) about some 17yo that's never played a game in Brazil, but you do know about the bigger names in the local division (if you're not watching it, then the scouts certainly are - if assigned there)

4. I know I've gotten some news items of "Striker feels determined to prove opposition manager right in their upcoming league game" but can't remember if that was on FM14 or FM15

The player module to be over-hauled would be a big plus.

I shun off alot of them, it doesn't make a difference in there play and end up being happy.

But I have just had a very odd request. Barcelona are interested in Juan Mata, he wants to leave me at United because "they would offer a more important role". He's a Key Player in a squad that just won a Treble. His role is set as Key Player.

Seems bizarre.

The possibility to say something to the player you've substituted. Explaining why you substituted him. Especially when he has played poorly, or when he's played well, but you need him fresh.

A "Well done, unlucky", "You don't look too fresh so I put on a pair of fresh legs", "You were below standard so I've substituted you". That sort of thing.

You can talk to the player you bring on, but not to the one you take of the off the pitch.

I may have mentioned this before;

Historical Players as regens, as an on/off check-box option.

Multi monitor support - a lot more people are using computers with more than 1 monitor (I'm using 2) It would be nice to be able to watch the match on 1 monitor without having any of the boxes on, but on my 2nd monitor be able to choose various sections of information that I want to see (a bit like on the home screen)

Offside replays - I normally watch the games with key highlights selected, and with the replays set to show goals. There isn't an option to show the replay of the offside that led to a goal not being given. It would be nice to have an option that could be selected or not to show the offside and it perhaps have a line shown across the pitch to give you an idea as to whether it was the correct decision or not. This would give you a better idea of what to respond when asked questions by the media after the game.

Pre-season tours - I'm sure in an earlier version of the game (possibly FM13 or FM14) you had to name a squad of players to take with you on a tour. It would make sense that you would name a squad of say 30 players to take, probably a mixture of first team, squad players and promising young players and then only be able to use those rather than being able to select anyone at your club despite you playing in America, Australia or Japan etc. It would also be nice for these tours to have both a financial cost, and a potential financial gain shown too before you create the tour so you could see whether it would be worthwhile you going.

Multi monitor support - a lot more people are using computers with more than 1 monitor (I'm using 2) It would be nice to be able to watch the match on 1 monitor without having any of the boxes on, but on my 2nd monitor be able to choose various sections of information that I want to see (a bit like on the home screen)

Offside replays - I normally watch the games with key highlights selected, and with the replays set to show goals. There isn't an option to show the replay of the offside that led to a goal not being given. It would be nice to have an option that could be selected or not to show the offside and it perhaps have a line shown across the pitch to give you an idea as to whether it was the correct decision or not. This would give you a better idea of what to respond when asked questions by the media after the game.

Pre-season tours - I'm sure in an earlier version of the game (possibly FM13 or FM14) you had to name a squad of players to take with you on a tour. It would make sense that you would name a squad of say 30 players to take, probably a mixture of first team, squad players and promising young players and then only be able to use those rather than being able to select anyone at your club despite you playing in America, Australia or Japan etc. It would also be nice for these tours to have both a financial cost, and a potential financial gain shown too before you create the tour so you could see whether it would be worthwhile you going.

Offside replays - Change replay settings to show goal action and you will get exactly what you are looking for.

Hi guys I requests to do, you can place on FM16 regions of birth of the individual player? perhaps with the editor it would be great because you can do so many things with this place:

Marchisio (Turin, Piemonte)

De Rossi (Roma, Lazio)

Building (Naples, Campania)

and so on ... I hope so because I would then make a career SOLO players having a single region only at the moment this is not possible you could add this option ??? I hope so! but the important thing is that this thing then SEE FM, I just want to make a career with regional players!

then being a huge fan of the Athletic club bilbao is possible that the young players are stronger as they really are in real life as the team B has risen in series b Spanish?

and maybe have a few more in youth team you can have?

ps, the IDs of FM15 that there are in the database you can already find here officially for FM16 ???

This a very small addition. But in competition histories add the option in the stadium field (or create a new field) to select whether the final was 2 legged or just played as a one off match. Cup competitions which have changed (and often flipped back and forth) from single matches to home & away finals always look incomplete because you cannot select a stadium for the 2 legged finals.

I get round this currently by creating a stadium called 2 legged but it's a clunky fix.

Playing FM15 in Germany I was given the opportunity to go on a mid season training camp to Spain when promoted to 2liga. Except the only problem was that in the localised friendlies I had set up (and the game restricted who I could play during those dates so it knew I was on tour) but I could use any player who wasn't named in the 35 man training camp squad. Was unsure whether this was a bug or just the feature not implemented all the way through.

Please also re-add the option to set a player to play for the reserves/youth team for ONE MATCH ONLY. I'm sure this used to be in FM.

since dynamic rivalaries are now a thing,

I would like to see dynamic changes of the tv payouts / league price money.

i think the game should adapt its pricemoney based on the standing of the country in europe.

usually in long time safes i lose motivation, because for example in poland i will be the only team having a shot at uefa/champions league.

the pricemoney inside the league and TV money does change, but the increases are rather insignificant.

would be cooler if it was more or less set into stone that if you are high up the UEFA rankings as a country, you will get more money, that would make the longterm saves in smaller countrys far more interesting and realistic i think.

I'll be honest, I haven't read through the thousands of posts so if this has already been suggested then I can only apologise.

This may be a bit of a controversial one but I would quite like the option to start as a youth coach/U18 manager. I don't know if it's possible to do that but the option to work up from a youth setup appeals to me big time.

Youth academies in other countries for big teams.

Further to the above point (but relevant to all teams), to be able to have a much bigger say in your youth setup (ie what kinds of player the Head of Youth is looking for - creative midfielders rather than ball winners for example).

More effect from "outside" events (social media, incidents in personal lives etc). This can have a massive impact on players and teams.

That's all I can think of at the minute!

TV money & prize money already changes.

yes if you are like a 20th ranked country, and you improve to like 7th place.. you get like 100 000€ more in tv money...

An option to turn job interviews on/off would be nice.

The inclusion of job interviews in the game is nice. But when starting unemployed in a journeyman save, they tend to get very samey and gruelling. So at that point in my career, I would like to turn them off until I get to a point where I am applying for one or two jobs at a time, rather than 30-40.

There will never be a backwards step in the match engine, it's an aspect of FM that's in a state of constant evolution.

yes if you are like a 20th ranked country, and you improve to like 7th place.. you get like 100 000€ more in tv money...

It changes constantly from year to year depending on the rep of the league.

It takes time for it to change significantly, much like RL.

YES!! Been wanting that for a while. Always wanted to know how many fans I take away, plus how many the other team brings to mine

Would love to see this in the game. To see how many of the Toon Army have travelled away each week!

Hi guys I requests to do, you can place on FM16 regions of birth of the individual player? perhaps with the editor it would be great because you can do so many things with this place:

Marchisio (Turin, Piemonte)

De Rossi (Roma, Lazio)

Building (Naples, Campania)

and so on ... I hope so because I would then make a career SOLO players having a single region only at the moment this is not possible you could add this option ??? I hope so! but the important thing is that this thing then SEE FM, I just want to make a career with regional players!

I'd like this as well. I had a great save on FM14 managing Sicilian club Ragusa with a squad that I built to consist almost exclsively of Sicilian players. The region should be possible to add as a search condition as well. Since the regions already exist within the db, this probably should not be an overwhelmigly complex thing to implement into the game.

In a slightly similar vein I think that club profiles should include information about what cities the clubs represent. At the moment only the locations of the stadiums that clubs use are shown. Some clubs use stadiums that are not located in the clubs' home cities.

Player wants new contract and I make that promise, agent doesn't want to offer one and player complains. Options don't address agent stopping talks and being greedy.

An option to turn job interviews on/off would be nice.

The inclusion of job interviews in the game is nice. But when starting unemployed in a journeyman save, they tend to get very samey and gruelling. So at that point in my career, I would like to turn them off until I get to a point where I am applying for one or two jobs at a time, rather than 30-40.

I don't really agree, but can see your point when you're having to apply for loads of very samey jobs. However, having done my first proper hopping around save on FM15, I've got a new found appreciation for the job interviews. On the second round of jobs, I've noticed things I've said in the interview being put onto my job offer, like sticking around long term or keeping the staff levels the same. Nothing concrete to go on, but I'm starting to feel like the job interviews are a bit smarter than I remember them, asking more pertinent questions, trying to trip me up. Be interesting to see how they improve for 16.

since dynamic rivalaries are now a thing,

I would like to see dynamic changes of the tv payouts / league price money.

i think the game should adapt its pricemoney based on the standing of the country in europe.

usually in long time safes i lose motivation, because for example in poland i will be the only team having a shot at uefa/champions league.

the pricemoney inside the league and TV money does change, but the increases are rather insignificant.

would be cooler if it was more or less set into stone that if you are high up the UEFA rankings as a country, you will get more money, that would make the longterm saves in smaller countrys far more interesting and realistic i think.

I've had the Gibraltar league get a £120 million TV deal for 21 matches, and a £100 million prize pot for the Rock Cup, which has four matches. It definitely rises, sometimes by too much.

Iirc the Gibralter TV deal was either a bug or an unofficial editor file gone wrong.

Iirc the Gibralter TV deal was either a bug or an unofficial editor file gone wrong.

Yeah, you're right, it's not normal, but it seemed to happen across a number of different edited files, including SI's own, and has happened on both FM14 and FM15. The amounts are most definitely bugged (25 million a cup game...ooft) but there's definitely scope in the code for deals and prizemoney to change, just not usually by mind-blowing amounts in a short period of time.

Offside replays - Change replay settings to show goal action and you will get exactly what you are looking for.

Great, thanks for the info, I've just changed my settings. Now to wait for a disallowed goal!! :D

I would like to be able to see who the record goalscorer in League history is. I was looking for this the other day. It's viewable club by club but not overall for the league as far as I can tell.

I'd like it if there were post-match celebrations when your team wins a trophy. Such as a trophy presentation or something! It's a bit lacklustre at the moment, and underwhelming when you win the League or a Cup Final. I'd also like to see the players come out the tunnel and line up before a game, but that's not as important.

1. Combine "Match Report" and "Analysis" screens. So you can see overal rating, assistant opinion and detailed stats at the same time.

1a. On player overview screen in form window (rating for last 5 matches) show date when these matches were. So I can quickly see how "outdated" this info without entering special form screen. It's a big difference if player is playing in almost every match or it's a backup player and playes once a month or two. Also an attribute/column should be available (most important in squad selecting) abut last played game - either a date or days passed since last played game.

2. PR system. Either simple by interacting board to invest into inceasing your club popularity (pay the media) to increase fan base and attendance if you have good season. Or maybe detailed one to choose certain actions like popularizing specific player to increase shirt sales, his price and "overal popularity" (yeah each player should have individual popularity so you can check if fans will be happy, angered or neutral when you buy new player). Everything cost money of course but can make more money in long term.

3. Ability to increase staff stats not only by licences but by courses. Either direct payed or overal club expenditure on staff education. So paying more incease chances to improve ability.

4. "Something" to invest your salary. Not to the club of course. With your own attributes now it's the easiest answer - to increase your own attributes. But maybe you can think of something better - right now it's better to have as low salary as possible, so club have more money, while there should be reason to demand more and more. Personal statistic "total earned by season" would also be welcome.

5. There should be info about likely salary demand not only on scouted players, but also on your players (how much they would ask if you propose to prolong contract).

6. There should be discussion with player about his next contract. In lower leagues good players tend to ask more than you can afford (board restrictions). So it would be nice to discuss this with player: either he agree to ask for less or you put him to transfer. Also with existing contract - say "you are good but too expensive" so if he loves the club (or realize that he wouldn't find new club with such demands) he would agree to lower salary or you put him to transfer list with this reason.

I wouldn't mind a little more intelligence from the players regarding the timing of their requests, particularly coming up to me just after the transfer window shuts asking for transfers or loans etc. It might be observational confirmation bias from myself, but it appears that people only ever ask for moves when the rules say I can't shift them on.

A wish that has been posted before but ignored for years and I guess it will be ignored this time around as well but hey at least I can get it off my chest.

Please, bring back switching to different tabs/views when not viewing highlights.

You know the utterly fantastic overview screen that allows you to see like nine different tables full of information during a game?

I rarely click it because it's a hassle having to click back and forth between pitch and stats.

Imagine how glorious it would be if, instead of a tiny table with one specific set of info, the game took you to a screen of your choosing (such as the one above) when not displaying a highlight, and back to the pitch view when a highlight came on.

Just like it used to be a few years ago.

P.S. Oh and give us back all that extra commentary from the action bar!

I would like to have the option to "offer to resign". The options only allow you to resign or retire but I would like an impromptu option and allow the board to either accept or reject it with options.

I know you can demand things and make a stand and threaten to resign etc. But after a heavy defeat where your team is been on a bad run, there is no option to call a press conference, board meeting to offer your resignation - saving face for club and manager.

In the 3d match, I would like the "long pause" removed after an event such as a red card or injury and the ball is set for a set piece like goal kick, corner or free kick and they stand there for ages and don't move even though all the actions have taken place. If it can't be removed can a message pop up saying, "the referee is checking his watch, he's waiting for everyone to settle... " blows his whistle and off we go. (This happens on "Extended" view).

1. "Matchday" minimum interval for screen flow -> competitions.

2. Loose the set piece instructions (e.g. we should be able to have more than one player attack near post).

3. Tackling - add some sort of instruction to be able to tell players not to tackle hard inside your penalty area or around the penalty area (to avoid dangerous free-kicks).

4. Tactics pitch view - add back additional info about condition and average rating (like it was in FM14 if I remember correctly).

5. Regarding the Full Pitch View, where you have the "Latest Scores" panel:

I would really love if you could implement one of these two:

- either make the option to remove games (like, an x next to each game) or

- make the option to pin some of the games on top (preferably this option).

For example when there's a CL night and you are only interested in seeing the other game in the group, and maybe one other game, but you don't want to scroll through all 20 games each single time to look for those two games that interests you. It would be of much help.

Big thanks!

Personnel.

Very important that my story because I'm FM player for many years.

By FM have no competitors in the manager's area believe speaks some basic things to be perfect game indeed! I say this for the following details:

- When you hire should be more glamor, appearing shirt with the player's name and number that it will use. Something simple but of emphasis in this new investment for the club.

- Tickets This item could have the manager the option to talk to the board to increase or decrease prices. Final Libertadores why not download to a full house and not lose the final. Promotion for the festive dates such as day mothers woman does not pay. Valentine's Day only one paid. Simple things but leaves the sensational game.

- Training methodology should be more complex, the FM15 is horrible because nothing can be done unless something simplistic .. something so important should be taken more into account.

- The relationship with the fans. There should be a way to talk to the fans, organized supporters and their groups .. calm the crowd after a defeat to a rival .. very cool.

- Sponsors. we could have the option of choosing what will be written on the uniforms, it might be something fictional but we could choose based on the values ​​and the public we want to have influence. For example we have Atletico Madrid> Land of fire Azerbaijan. / Swansea> Chinese Propaganda. Direct influences these simple advertisements. We should be able to choose between all season finale.

- Relationship between national team and club. Ok cool command both but need to have a reality in time. I've trained the Brazil into play in china after the other day was at Maracana at stake in the Brazilian championship. We could have the choice of which game control and we can not have skillful time to command both in short, it would give more autonomy to the Deputy.

- We know that some players do not deal well with the issue of flying, see Dennis Bergkamp. Could be inserted into the game things like that, however bizarre unusual ..

I hope these details are taken into consideration ..

I really think it's time for a re-think of player development.

Potential ability caps are unrealistic and not necessary anymore.

I understand why they are a simple way to stop people "gaming" the system and they made alot of sense in the past when the game was alot shallower. But i feel the game is well ready to move past this antiquated system.

My suggestions for changes are following:

1. Remove Potential Ability caps

2. Make physical attributes develop quickly in young age but slowly there after with it declining quickly as the player gets older.

3. Mental attributes should improve mostly with on the field experience (not on the training ground) . Mental attributes shouldn't systematically decline with age.

4. Technical attributes should mostly improve on the training ground and less so on the pitch.

5. Injuries can have long term impacts on a player's physical attributes and even be career ending.

6. More personality changing events (both positive and negative) and a clubs culture (personality of all the players) affecting individual players.

I understand alot of testing would need to happen to ensure the game's balance. But I really feel it's time the game moved past the potential ability crutch that was necessary in the past but isn't anymore.

I would like to be a manager instead of creating my own manager all the time. Like play with Jose Mourinho or any other manager in all the leagues that are in the game.

Is it possible to create custom routines for corners/free kicks?

Rather than set positions, can you place your players anywhere on the pitch and use set commands, cross to back post, head across goal, flick ons, etc.

And an added touch, if you create a goal scoring opportunity it is picked up and reported in the commentary.

A bit gimmicky but on special occasions (finals etc.) a voice over commentator would be great.

Oh another thought, would it be possible to delay players going on internationals due to an important match. For instance, I have a cup final and lost most of my first team due to a poorly arranged international so had to play kids and regens (greyed out players) as I did not have enough players.

Also, if we have a player that is coming back from injury, could we put in a request to the international manager not to take your player so that they can recuperate instead of playing and getting injured again.

I'd like to see the scouting next opposition taken to a new level. I'd like the scout you have set to offer you tactical advise for the next game like if they have slow defenders tell you this and maybe make the suggestion to use fast strikers, or if they spot a player that is supposedly weak to a certain ability offer the suggestion to play a player of yours that would do well against him.

would it be possible to view a list of vacant manager posts in the "add new manager" dialog, when given the option to pick your team from the loaded leagues?

I usually pick one of the jobs available when the game loads after creation, but am getting lazy and can't be bothered anymore. :D

I sometimes have to recreate the game with an additional league(s) if there's nothing that leaps out at me, which is even worse. :eek::D