What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

Pitch Graphics

Hi, I am bored with the style of pitches we are playing on. There are some nice style grass cuts playing other teams. It would be nice to have an option before the season starts to allow you to choose what type of style pitch you want to play on, i am not talking about the size/dimension of the pitch. I am talking about the grass cut look of it.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about the ability for clubs to rebrand and change colour?

Or changing kits? Just a few templates which go around for each club would be fine.

Or how about the ability to add female players in the editor?

Or managing U21/18 teams properly?

Better, more realistic match engine, with added burger van menus would be even better?

More nations to manage in?

More in depth conversations with players, staff and media?

An actual use for manager wages?

Ability for players' favourite staff and players to actually play a part in getting the player to join your club if you're not their favourite?

Just a few for you to munch on.

Please add the option to select the penalty taker once your team wins the penalty, would make much more sense, if you have a player who hasn't scored in a while you could give it to him or a player playing in his final game for the club.

Also please please please make the back-up players of the squad less grumpy, they always complain about not playing & it's not just once a season it's every few months & there should be an option to tell a player that they are not playing regularly because they are a back up player. It's not very realistic anyway because there's no chance players would approach Mourinho or Wenger every two months to complain about not playing regularly when they are not good enough to do so.

Also I don't like the way clubs just totally disregard players who have been there long & are legends once they hit a certain age, for example in my game Gerrard stayed at Liverpool but never played a single league game in his final two seasons, that's not very realistic. Surely something can be done so that these players who are club icons & still very good players even when they get on a bit in age are still involved in the first team matches, sort of like Giggs in his later years at United, never played every week but still an important member of the squad.

Also, the option to talk to a national team manager to tell them not to pick one of your players for selection if that player has just been out injured, I've seen players being out for 3 months, back to training for a week & then playing two 90 minute games for their country a week later then when they come back to my club they are needing a long rest or injured again.

Unnecessary clicks of the mouse.

There are often sub-menus that only have one option. Like when a player is injured and you are asked 'Quick sub?' but you click the sub-menu option to keep him on. Why not just have them side by side? Oh and when an injury happens, lets see where his fitness rating is at. When this determines whether I do keep him on, why am I having to go into the team screen to check this? Its just more clicking.

When the grey top right box appears in match to say an opposition player has been subbed on - include his position so we know if its one we should make adjustments for. Its just more clicking!

Scouting assignments are made one at a time. If I want a scout in France, show all the competitions in France I can send him to scout - all on one screen in tick box form. As it stands, its just more clicking!

Opposition instructions. More drop down boxes. No! Instead have symbols for each of the three options under marking, closing down etc. Show onto foot could be L, R, W (for weaker) so we can just choose with one click. Drop, drag and click is too much.

Another one. I want a player on trial. Club offers player for trial. Player agrees to come on trial. Then its player is ready to start trial. And then player is at club on trial. That can surely be streamlined. Especially when you've just had a trial match and you have five coming in and they all have their own messages at different times during the day. You make trial offers on the same day, have their turning up messages all on the same page, and a tick box, not drop down menu, for which squad you want to place them into. Same too with transfers. Player agrees contract with club, sign player, player is at club? should be on the same message, but its split in two. Just more clicking.

I would like for the game to have actual documentation, a useful manual, explanation of its game mechanisms for the first time in its history. Virtually half if not more of its options and content are basically guesswork, or an important concept is just brushed under the carpet with two sentences.

I would like for the game to have actual documentation, a useful manual, explanation of its game mechanisms for the first time in its history. Virtually half if not more of its options and content are basically guesswork, or an important concept is just brushed under the carpet with two sentences.

Hell yes.

I have my youth training facilities being upgraded yet I can ask the board to increase junior level, junior coaching and youth scouting... what does it all mean???

How about being able to talk to national managers about your players? I have two quality Danish players in my team and both of them are uncapped and not even in the squad. it would be good to either talk to the national manager directly or through the media and ask why they aren't being selected

These ideas may have already been mentioned and if so apologies :cool:, I don't fancy sifting through 54 pages.

- Currently 100%/95%/75% screen zoom's options are available. 85% needs to become an option. Especially for laptop users with smaller screen resolutions.

- More interaction with sponsors needs to happen, this includes with players and at club level. Most professional players have there own sponsors these days.

- Player interaction need improving to ensure the task of answering media and player questions doesn't become laborious, this feature should become fun more than a pain in the ass.

- Perhaps we need interactions from players parents (especially if they are in the u18s/u21s) players wifes, partners, children even.

- All you can do with the stadium currently is 'upgrade' the size, again more features around improving the stadium need to be investigated and implemented.

Cheers

I wish:

- in the 3d more hair possibility (as in the Real....)

-to on/off regen players at hte first year (as for transfers)

-to be the technical director in the game.. (the game as now.. but not to sack actual managers)

-improve finances

-to fix WEATHER... (temperatures should be improved... actually there are 5degrees a day and 30 next week.. It should be more graduated....) then there are cities (in the same region) too more difference...

I agree with him. Add various haircut (vidal style, afro style, semi bald, ibra style, long hair, etc) in the 3d match engine for more realistic game.

- Perhaps we need interactions from players parents (especially if they are in the u18s/u21s) players wifes, partners, children even.

I'm sure the researchers will thank you if they have to dig up all that information for the database.

Starting with Managing Reserve/Youth teams

This has probably been mentioned countless times, but I'll mention it again in conjunction with the introduction of coaching badges (I think they are new! I did not play the last 2/3 years of FM) and try and explain why I'm suggesting it.

Realistically, few players do their badges while playing and then go on to manage a "big" or higher level club, e.g. Roy Keane at Sunderland. Whereas managers with no or limited football expereince like André Villas-Boas or José Mourinho work their way up at clubs as scouts/youth coaches etc (No I'm not suggesting Football Scout 2016).

I'm not saying when you start a new game, your previous is Sunday league and therefore you arent allowed to manage Real Madrid, my suggestion would be to implement a new type of manager, along being unemployed or starting as unemployed with a basic badge to manage the reserve team of a Blue Square North/Conferance Team. E.g. Barnet have a Academy Manager who I'm guessing manages the reserve/youth teams.

So in case the above did not make any sense (which I'm sure it didn't).

I would love to start a new game unemployed, with the lowest level coaching badges (I have none), Sunday League experience (don't even have time to do that) and would love to be offered a job at Barnet to manage their academy and possibly work my way up to Barnet Manager? In addition, with a bit of expereince (managing and more badges) and sucess even get offered a manager position at another club (lower or same division) or even to manage a nation (San Marino level)/England U17 etc etc.

I understand its not for all, for example managing Barnet U17s with no transfers, not having a influence over training and possibly even being told by the manager to play a certain tactic or player. However, I do think this is realistic.

Note: I would appreciate views whether they are positive or negative and possibly how to implement it or make it better, etc.

TV interviews. They could be in the same vein as the pressers now but managers could opt to speak at length about how the season is progressing.

I also think the team meetings are a bit flimsy now days. Bring back the older version where players have more interaction.

What makes you think the hairstyle in the 3d match engine is not actually matter?

What makes you think it does?

I get that your entire wish for FM seems to be "make it look like FIFA", but not everyone wants that. There are much, much more important things for them to be working on than that.

Yes I know that! But that's not what I requested!

Your assistant wouldn't know as he hasn't scouted the player. Unless you mean you want him to relay the scout's opinion of transfer fee/wages. It would be handy to have that info on the same screen.

First of all, i would like to say i wouldnt mind if developers spend all their time and power on improving AI in general, especially AI squad building and nothing more..because, for me its not to challenging to play this game more than few seasons if you pick decent team to manage...but as i know that wont happen, i will give my opinion on what is important to improve

- Thing that really bugs me is we are not able to pick different players for direct and indirect freekicks, i was hoping few years ago it will be an option in the game, but still nothing, and i dont understand why

- option to choose penalty taker during the match..if my defender scores two before penalty, he will automatically take that penalty, its really anoying, especially when that penalty is important one

- coaching national team is boring, i dont have any particular ideas, but new features would be welcomed

- training is basic part of every sport, thats why i think it should be more detailed. There are some really good examples in previous posts here

- ability to spend money we earned as managers. I am not talking about playing sims, but it would be interesting to give money to charities and in that way increase your reputation with media and fans.

You could somehow made a connection with Movember that you started to support last year. Just an idea. Or help to imporove your favourite team, if its poor, with some money for youth facilites.

- this is not important for most of the people here, but it is to me. When you win the league, or cup, or any trophy there should be more celebration, more animation, to make you feel you won something.

Right now, it feels like any other match, only difference is that some things are falling from the sky for a second. And thats it. More animation and details would give us real feeling of winning, especially

for people who dont win a lot of trophies. You could do this instead of making burger van like its important feature last year...

- Academies around the world.

- there are to many players with low bravery and agression, especially defenders, hope you fix that

- more controversis. I played with Balotelli for few seasons and he did nothing unpredictible except scoring huge amount of goals. Example, player gets a little fat, so he should be put on different type of training

- when a player get that yellow injury during match, i would like to have a report on what kind of injury is that, not detailed like after medical exam, just basic. So i could know should i bring him out or

keep him without making more damage. I am surprised this wasnt put in game before....

- when we search player history we should be able to all games that he played for club, not just league games. People ask for this for many years.

- when players moan about not being played enough, they only count league matches, not cup, or even CL games. Please fix it.

- not too important, but it would be nice if you improve UI. This one looks cheap and boring, but as i said, not too important for me

- players dont follow my instructions, example, short corner option, i never saw players follow short corner instruction. so i stopped asking for it, maybe you fix it in the latest patch.

- another thing that bugs me is full backs. Full backs evolve over the years into players with imporoved attacking abilitly, but not in this game. There are still huge amount of regens in that position

that are weak when going forward..

- another thing that bugs me is full backs. Full backs evolve over the years into players with imporoved attacking abilitly, but not in this game. There are still huge amount of regens in that position

that are weak when going forward..

To be fair, most fullbacks with decent attacking skills IRL were either wingers or midfielders during their youth years, and were transformed to wingbacks once they became professionals. That's especially the case with left-footed ones. This can be done in FM as well of course.

To be fair, most fullbacks with decent attacking skills IRL were either wingers or midfielders during their youth years, and were transformed to wingbacks once they became professionals. That's especially the case with left-footed ones. This can be done in FM as well of course.

That's the approach I take, if I see a winger come through my youth intake who has reasonable defensive attributes while being a little less than impressive in their more attack minded mental attributes I will immediately set them on a training regime to become a full/wing-back, having an AI that can make that same decision would be a nice evolution in FM.

I have a request that pertains to the loaning/transfer offer screen.

Usually late in the offseason, once I have my first team figured out, I loan out all the rest of the youngsters. So, it can be up to 20 guys I am attempting to loan out. There's been times where I have been offered a combined 200+ loan offers. For each player there is a mix of backup offers, rotation offers, first team and also Valuable First team roles. Can there be a filter implemented in the transfer screen where I can filter every out that is not a First team role offer or Valuable first team offer? Essential filter out all the back up and rotation offers and make it easier to see all the first team & valuable first time offers right in front of me?

Also, to save time and make it easier, what I usually do which is the long way is check out each club and look at their facility rating and also look at where they are projected to finish in that league for the upcoming year. Of course you want your guy to be on loan at a club with good training facilities, but you also want your guy to go to a club that is projected to do well in the league. My request is, is there a way that on the transfer screen where all the offers are at is under or next to each offering club, have their facility rating and possibly their projected finish?

Starting with Managing Reserve/Youth teams

This has probably been mentioned countless times, but I'll mention it again in conjunction with the introduction of coaching badges (I think they are new! I did not play the last 2/3 years of FM) and try and explain why I'm suggesting it.

Realistically, few players do their badges while playing and then go on to manage a "big" or higher level club, e.g. Roy Keane at Sunderland. Whereas managers with no or limited football expereince like André Villas-Boas or José Mourinho work their way up at clubs as scouts/youth coaches etc (No I'm not suggesting Football Scout 2016).

I'm not saying when you start a new game, your previous is Sunday league and therefore you arent allowed to manage Real Madrid, my suggestion would be to implement a new type of manager, along being unemployed or starting as unemployed with a basic badge to manage the reserve team of a Blue Square North/Conferance Team. E.g. Barnet have a Academy Manager who I'm guessing manages the reserve/youth teams.

So in case the above did not make any sense (which I'm sure it didn't).

I would love to start a new game unemployed, with the lowest level coaching badges (I have none), Sunday League experience (don't even have time to do that) and would love to be offered a job at Barnet to manage their academy and possibly work my way up to Barnet Manager? In addition, with a bit of expereince (managing and more badges) and sucess even get offered a manager position at another club (lower or same division) or even to manage a nation (San Marino level)/England U17 etc etc.

I understand its not for all, for example managing Barnet U17s with no transfers, not having a influence over training and possibly even being told by the manager to play a certain tactic or player. However, I do think this is realistic.

Note: I would appreciate views whether they are positive or negative and possibly how to implement it or make it better, etc.

THIS!!

It would be amazing to have the option of starting as a manager for Youth teams or Reserves and working your way up.

I would like this.:D

For a long time now I have noticed big clubs that have bigger squads that compete in all competitions have a lot of players moan about playing time far to often. Even if you play them but rotate them after few games they Don't be content. I understand some players need to play every game but this is crazy if you want to have decent team for competing. Players get unhappy to much, eventually cutting a team of 30 players to mybe 15, and Iv had to do that to keep players from being unhappy! This is not very realistic for being champions and maintaining a strong squad. Even players with squad status of rotation don't accept being rotated.

In real life you see big clubs like Man city or Chelsea have huge squads but not many will want to leave them with in 10 matches in as it is expected to have a bigger team in which you can't play week in week out.

I would like to see some tweaks for higher competing teams to have less players being unhappy about playing time specially if it's on rotation. Mainly if the team is competing in every competition. I don't want to work with 15 players that are happy due to playing 40 odd matches. Surely big clubs need big squads and fighting for places. Can't be the same level as a relegation team, but this game sees it as the same. If my team is in CL the players still feel the same as if I'm in the bottom 3.

Instead of making a new manager when you start a new game it would be great if I could play as an existing one.

I've never really understood the clamour for this when you can already name yourself anything you like, and you now have definable manager points whereby you can tailor your management style to anyone who's a real life manager. You can even put a picture of your choice beside your name. And the editor allows you to remove the real life manager before you start. All that would be missing is your history, and while that might be nice to look at for a few seconds at the start of the game, by the time you're a few seasons in, you'd have forgotten about all that anyway.

I would love to see a drawing board on FM. A drawing board in the sense of a board where your tactic is up there and all your players (incl reserve and youth) with a filter. Sort like the tactic-page on fm15. But on my drawing board you can add more players to one position. Also you can add players who are on your shortlist, players who aren't your players at all, yet. In my idea is it a page you can drag en drop players above and below each other and you can make a note by each name. A sort of plan board, for the months and years to come, to plan ahead.

i play with PSV Eindhoven. I'll try to give you an example what i mean:

k3tbv5.png

I would love to see a drawing board on FM. A drawing board in the sense of a board where your tactic is up there and all your players (incl reserve and youth) with a filter. Sort like the tactic-page on fm15. But on my drawing board you can add more players to one position. Also you can add players who are on your shortlist, players who aren't your players at all, yet. In my idea is it a page you can drag en drop players above and below each other and you can make a note by each name. A sort of plan board, for the months and years to come, to plan ahead.

k3tbv5.png

This definitely has potential. I like to think of my players not trying to get in the team, but to get in their position. Gives a greater practicality to the squad status too.

I also think it could work in a way that it would help implement the rotation options. Say I want my second choice LM to play once every four game, and my third CD to play every three, then a graphic like this could help implement this. Of course events don't make all that 100% possible with injuries or quality of opposition, but right now I have my rotations laid out in excel.

One stat I'm really missing is a line graph that compares average goals scored and conceeded per 90 minutes with and without the possession. It would be great to show if your team is stronger in defence or in attack. I generally have 60% of possession but I'm thinking my time without the ball is weaker than with it.

I know I could look up my average possession but that's located in the deep recesses of stats pages and then look at my goals for and against but its too time consuming.

In addition, a player has win % stats, and assists per 90s mins etc. Surely in the tactic analysis section there could be a team selection page where you can ask for the most attacking line up, or the one with the tightest defence, highest possession, for the last x amount of games. Right now this is already there for simple stats like goals scored etc.

You could add a different player and see how this changes the team's ratings, an algorithmic change in potential goals scored or conceded. It would be helpful if say you were playing a top of the table team but see they are weaker without the ball and you want to keep possession and this way you can see which line up is best for that.

Maybe that's all getting a bit money ball. But I wouldn't be surprised if opta stats etc would have RL teams looking at the best line ups compared to their presumed opposition line up for an up coming match.

k3tbv5.png

you can also use a player multiple times, because the player can play on more positions. In that case i give them a different colour for their secundair position.

I have three notebooks filled with selfmade squad reports haha.

For a rule of thumb, I always add up the current ability stars given to the players of a certain position by the ass man report, and divide that total by the amount of slots I have in my formation for that position. By looking at the different scores for different positions, I'll have a bit of a general idea of which positions need strengthening, or for which position I could offload a player or two.

Just as an example:

Let's say I'm playing Southampton. For the DC position I have Alderweireld (3,5 stars), Fonte (3,5), Yoshida (3) and Gardos (2,5). That's a total of 12,5 stars for two slots (because I play 4 at the backs), meaning a score of 6,25 for that position. For the position of DR I have Clyne (3,5) and Example (1), giving 4,5 stars for one slot, meaning a total score of 4,5 for that position. I do that for every position my two formations (I like to alternate between two formations) have. In this particular example, buying a DR would be a bigger priority than buying a DC.

This is where a user API would come into its own. While I can completely see the benefit of the notebook idea, I can't see it having a definite requirement to actually be in the game, at least from a developer perspective. What I mean by that is having this committed to a notebook doesn't really hinder you compared to having it in-game. Of course writing it down rather than a drag and drop is easier and less tedious, but that's about it.

With an API - which is easily my number 1 wish, and has been for some time - you could take the database and build an app to sit alongside the game which would do just that. Takes all pressure off the developers to build in pretty niche ideas, and lets the community do it for them.

Maybe that's all getting a bit money ball. But I wouldn't be surprised if opta stats etc would have RL teams looking at the best line ups compared to their presumed opposition line up for an up coming match.

Well, we know there are RL clubs who use the FM database as part of their scouting network, so why not...? :cool:

This is where a user API would come into its own. While I can completely see the benefit of the notebook idea, I can't see it having a definite requirement to actually be in the game, at least from a developer perspective. What I mean by that is having this committed to a notebook doesn't really hinder you compared to having it in-game. Of course writing it down rather than a drag and drop is easier and less tedious, but that's about it.

With an API - which is easily my number 1 wish, and has been for some time - you could take the database and build an app to sit alongside the game which would do just that. Takes all pressure off the developers to build in pretty niche ideas, and lets the community do it for them.

Great idea. So you can 'play on', tweaking your squad on your mobile when you're not actually playing FM. :thup:

Great idea. So you can 'play on', tweaking your squad on your mobile when you're not actually playing FM. :thup:

No, I doubt you'll ever get that. Not that there's a set list of things you can do, but I imagine it would just give you hooks into the database/save to get information out, then let you do whatever with that information. An API isn't going to be a hook into the actual game.

- option to view current ability stars rating where only key attributes for position count

- less teamtalks / player nonsense unhappiness or atleast ability to make assistant manager to handle all this (especially reserve players wanting to chat)

- adjusted injuries modifier

No, I doubt you'll ever get that. Not that there's a set list of things you can do, but I imagine it would just give you hooks into the database/save to get information out, then let you do whatever with that information. An API isn't going to be a hook into the actual game.

very friendly comment :thdn:

Well, my idea may not be the brightest one but... Why not add Azeri and Kazakh leagues along with others from this region? Those areas are improving well and you can see teams from those countries in 3rd qualifying round or play-off in European cups. Shakhter Karagandy of Kazakhstan even managed to sneak into Europa League group stage two seasons ago if I recall correctly. I mean, those leagues are not any worse than Swedish 3rd division. I know there are mods but I wish it would be implemented by SEGA itself to function properly.

Archived