What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Player interactions, half time, full time, private chats etc.

One thing that bothers me is not being able to tell my defence that their passing is carp. The options available only allow to you criticise defending, yet when the pass completion rates are low I want to tell them to up their passing game.

Similarly with inside forwards and attacking midfielders, the option to comment on their striking is not available. They could be controlling the midfield well, yet shots at goal are carp, so again would like to be able to address this with players.

Don't know if been aforementioned, the regens, yes, the attributes of the regens should be generated more logically. I have in my game seen a young Japanese Goalkeeper signed by Sporting Lisbon as first team player in the season of 2016-2017, he has good ability of course, but he is 167cm(about 5'6") tall and rated jumping 3, but he has 16 for his goalkeeping aerial ability. That's a little funny. Jumping attribute for many players has been underated especially for those small but quick players. As you can see as well as I do, players like Defoe or Wright-philips can leap from ground quite high as they have good muscle explosive power. Moreover, in fm12, newgens seem to have rather low flair and creativity, but tend to have high corner,freekick, penalty. please pay attention to this aspect which could be tweaked for more realism.

Yes I like this. Or against your own team within other seasons within your save. Maybe even all time great sides. Brazil '82, Germany '90 etc. I don't know how FM Live works but to go online and just play one offs would be good against other players or have round robin mini leagues.

What I would like to see is an option to 'oversee' the teams next match when you get a new job (e.g. the assistant takes control for one more game while you watch and it doesn't count as your first game) to see your teams strengths and weaknesses. Adds a little bit of realism as sometimes you get appointed on a Saturday and your 1st game is that same day. IRL, the manager would accept the job on Saturday but would be unveiled on the Sunday.

What I would like to see is an option to 'oversee' the teams next match when you get a new job (e.g. the assistant takes control for one more game while you watch and it doesn't count as your first game) to see your teams strengths and weaknesses. Adds a little bit of realism as sometimes you get appointed on a Saturday and your 1st game is that same day. IRL, the manager would accept the job on Saturday but would be unveiled on the Sunday.
Yeah, a really nice idea which I like.
Yes I like this. Or against your own team within other seasons within your save. Maybe even all time great sides. Brazil '82, Germany '90 etc. I don't know how FM Live works but to go online and just play one offs would be good against other players or have round robin mini leagues.

FM Live is no longer around; SI had to close it for financial reasons. Might be issues with licensing for all time great sides but I'm sure that they could actually do this.

Arcade mode :D

The ability to play in a customised competition or one off game against other teams from other saves without affecting your current save.

Just import your team(s) into the competition. :D

Again' date=' love this idea.

Don't know if been aforementioned, the regens, yes, the attributes of the regens should be generated more logically. I have in my game seen a young Japanese Goalkeeper signed by Sporting Lisbon as first team player in the season of 2016-2017, he has good ability of course, but he is 167cm(about 5'6") tall and rated jumping 3, but he has 16 for his goalkeeping aerial ability. That's a little funny. Jumping attribute for many players has been underated especially for those small but quick players. As you can see as well as I do, players like Defoe or Wright-philips can leap from ground quite high as they have good muscle explosive power. Moreover, in fm12, newgens seem to have rather low flair and creativity, but tend to have high corner,freekick, penalty. please pay attention to this aspect which could be tweaked for more realism.

The reason why small players have generally lower jumping attributes even if they can jump relatively high for their size is that height is factored in to the jumping attribute. eg. if a 6ft 7" could jump 2ft off the ground, then he will be given say an 18 for jumping. Whereas, if a 5ft 2" player can jump 3ft off the ground, he will be given a 15 for jumping despite being able to actually jump a bigger distance as his overall jump is of less height. Hope you can follow this.

Also, think it has been requested plenty but the option to loan a signing back to the club you've bought them off. E.g. I'm a big premier league side and sign Nick Powell from Crewe but have no intention playing him for a year, I could offer him back to them for the season as I know he'll play more first team football there. It could work the other way around as well, if I'm a small club and a great prospect goes off to one of the big boys.

Something else I'd like to see would be offering players to certain clubs. Often I see a player who I would readily sell but no offers. It could then be developed so that you propose a swap deal where you get cash as well, as opposed to you parting with the cash like Arsenal offering Chelsea Ashley Cole for £5m plus Gallas. ATM in game you wouldn't be able to propose such an offer.

I'm going to repeat this because its a terrible oversight that causes big issues, but we need to be able to choose the reserve team line up. Simple as.

...And an option to play reserve and U18 league games at a different venue from the league ground for home fixtures as it messes up the pitch it does. Sometimes this happens automatically, but you don't get the choice.

This is already in the game, by going into 'Team Settings' and there is an option. Unless you mean pick the line-up and then let the ass man take charge then I'm sure it's possible.

I think this only happens at big clubs (e.g. Arsenal reserves play a Barnet, Man Utd at Bury iirc.) as smaller clubs cannot afford it. It would be good if once you start to generate enough money then you could ask the board to look for nearby/local lower league clubs for youths/reserves to use their ground. AFAIK if Arsenal got relegated to the BSS and Bath City got promoted to the Premier League then Arsenal reserves would still play at Underhill and Bath City reserves would still play at Twerton Park (their home ground)?

This is already in the game, by going into 'Team Settings' and there is an option. Unless you mean pick the line-up and then let the ass man take charge then I'm sure it's possible.

I think this only happens at big clubs (e.g. Arsenal reserves play a Barnet, Man Utd at Bury iirc.) as smaller clubs cannot afford it. It would be good if once you start to generate enough money then you could ask the board to look for nearby/local lower league clubs for youths/reserves to use their ground. AFAIK if Arsenal got relegated to the BSS and Bath City got promoted to the Premier League then Arsenal reserves would still play at Underhill and Bath City reserves would still play at Twerton Park (their home ground)?

Yes, I want the AssMan to take charge of the games but for me to pick the line-up. You have the reserve tactics page with a line up all sorted and is changed by AssMan for the match. Very annoying.

I'm normally Torquay Utd, sometimes they play at Torquay Sports Fields, something generic like that for a home match. Well, if they could play there all the time it would be great but it seems to happen randomly. Either way, to play U18 and reserve leagues means your pitch will be terrible and still suffers at the start of the following season. I'm having to set up two friendlies per week to counter this and is time consuming. Lost count of the times the reserves have played Dawlish!

Prior to going to match selection - I would like to see my next 5 games are against, and what competitions.

Like a mini-calendar of upcoming games. Sometimes it's important to rest players before a champions league game, or not risk them.

Hi SI,

I've got a one big suggestion for you, that might be considered as little bit crazy, but i think its the good way to push FM to the next level.

ABANDON THE 3D MATCH ENGINE!

I guess you implemented it into the game to not be "dominated" by EA Sports' FIFA MANAGER, but you didn't notice that football manager simulation game is much more than 3d match engine.

EA Sports has FIFA 3D match engine which is light years away of yours and if you want to catch up with it, you have to invest a great amount of your money and time into it. And apparently you do this, because year after year all other features of the game getting worse(scouting, transfer market, interactions etc.) for making 3D matc engine more passable.

THIS IS THE WRONG WAY SI!

Unfortunately EA Sports is bigger and richer company than SI and they have this FIFA 3D match engine, so the can focus on the other aspects of the game and i can see that year after year they are getting better and implement much more interesting features into the game than SI. Of course there are a lot of stupid features as a buying a house or playing golf with you chairman, but on the football manager's side of the game, it has more doveloped training system, greater interactions with players, stuff etc., more tactical freedom and possibilities and the most important, greatest feedback from the game about the most important aspects such as players' form morale training etc.

But there is still hope!

FIFA 3D match engine really sucks for football manager simulation tipe of game. Imagine that full match lasts about 10 minutes, there are few shots, no throw ins and 1 free kick or les in almost every game. It's sick and completly unrealistic. FIFAM has also this tipe of dots running on the field as SI have in the game, but it is based on FIFA match engine, so statistics are completly unrealistic.

SI why not focus on the phisics of the match engine and make it more realistic rather than graphics and 3D? Your match engine is not the greatest, but it is quite realistic and much better than in the other football manager games. Btw football manager is about tactics, training, transfers, motivation, interactions, and realistic simulation of the games, not about 3D avatars running on the 3D field. Of course it would be great if i could watch a match in 3D, but its too early for now i think. ABANDON 3D MATCH ENGINE FOR NOW AND MAKE THIS LITTLE 2D DOTS RUNNING ON THE FIELD IN THE MOST REALISTIC WAY YOU CAN! Its much easier and chipper. This plus greater improvement in the other aspects of the game will make it the greates game in the history and belive me, you don;t need 3D to make it happend.

Thats my suggestion.

Thanks

And sorry for my english:P

To be picky I believe that Bight Future is a smaller development house & gets little or no support from EA other than in distribution & even that is questionable.

As for the FIFA Manager 3D representation it does look better when viewed as a still shot but once it gets going you can quickly tell that the underlying match engine is much weaker.

No way will they EVER abandon the 3D match engine. They should definitely continue to make it better.

There are other areas that need developing, and some features take years to complete, so where there may not be an update one year for transfers, or scouting or a plethora of other areas, I believe they are still in development and will be rolled out when ready.

Area of the game don't get updated EVERY year, that would be impossible, and similarly, they can't put out some changes in the 3D match engine if they're not working.

These things take time, and SI have a team there to manage the development of the game.

I don't know nothing about the terms of agreement between EA Sports and Bright Future, but i know one thing; FIFAM uses the FIFA 3D match engine and it LOOKS undoubtely better than SI's 3D match engine and it will in next 10 years maybe...i mean the graphics and the phisics of movement, but i totally agree that this in-depth match engine sucks in FIFAM and i don't care, because i'm SI football manager fan. I just want SI to improve other aspects of the game rather than 3D, because EA Sports(or Bright Future) do so and i think they have overtaken SI in many aspects such as training or game feedback. I can say that i will not enjoy playing FIFAM till they copletely change the in-depth match engine for one simmilar to the SI's, but i would rather like SI to improve other game's features and these 2D dots and make Football manager the best manager in the world.

I know a lot of people don't care much about your managerial wage, but I do, because let's face it it's all make believe, and in the game the players and their agents sure care about it! But on the point of wages if you get approached to take over somewhere, if you've been at your club for a long term and have a high wage, why do the new club think it's in any way acceptable to offer you a salary that's a fraction of your current wage. Even if you leave the club and are ''on a free transfer'' a new (big) club will still offer you around 15 to 50 thousand to take over. Why? A top player wouldn't accept such a (comparatively) low wage so why should a top manager (it's a management game!).

So, i'd like to see the AI go all out aggressive in the pursuit of success, chasing top players, paying big (if they've got a very wealthy ambitious president) AND most importantly go all out to secure the best manager, who might very well be the best there's ever been - a guarantee of success, and pay him accordingly. If i've been getting 200,000 a week at my former club, don't offer me a reserve team wage to lead a new club, if you're a sheikh and you wand success, offer me a million a week or something, make it a tough decision about whether to go there or stay. If i'm winning the Champions League every year, I don't want to be taking a MASSIVE wage cut to join a new club. And if you're on a free the wage should be even higher, because no compensation!

I agree with that they should develop 3D match engine, because this is future of this game, but i don't think it is essential game feature for now. Let me ask you something. If you want to play an airplain simulator, what do you expect? Do you expect the game to be a 100% acurate to the reality of the airplain environment? I do and I expect the same from football manager game, because it is kind of simulation of the football manager reality. Of course it is too complex to be 100 % realistic, but the creators of the game should make it as much realistic as its possible. And now i can see that SI constantly focuses on 3D improvement and lacking attention to the other aspects of the game. Dont get me wrong. I don't complain about that there is very slow progress in the development of the game features(of course it pisses me off, but i can stand it), i complain about that there is a constan regress in some features or no progress at all. For example training remains the same for years, Scouting gets worse year after year, very little improvement in the interactions with the players and regress in the interactions with board, the international managing is ridiculous since i remember and much more. And dont tell me SI is unable to make it better in a year or two. Of course they can, but they made 3D their priorty and lacking attention to the other things. Its sad but true. I remember that before 3D was implemented the game developed very well and fast, now it is regressing:(

Couple of these suggestions have probably already been made, but never too late to make a useless addition right?

- Job interview for managers. Ther might be more candidates, but the picking of the manager seems random

- The possibility to announce (at any point during the season) your wish to leave your club when your contract runs out. In that way you can apply without an angry board and interested clubs can offer you a job commencing at the end of your current contract. The latter should also be possible when you haven't announced your departure by the way.

- Pay for international managers. They seem to do it all for free, which is odd as Capello, Eriksson and Hiddink didnt really get poor managing a nation I believe...

- Cosmetic thing, so of lesser importance: A stadium editor. Let gamers/modders ajust the stadiums so they look more or less like the real thing in 3d. Not changing capacity (those are mostly correct) but just the look of the stands. And re-introduce the uncovered stands. They seem to have vanished in FM12 where they were still there in FM11. Now non-leaguers seem to have huge fancy stadiums, when they certainly have not.

- And speed up the game, even when I have only one league running (in 2018) the game seems to get ever slower.. And don't improve the requirements for the 3d-engine as my notebook is hardly able to run FM12 in 3d ;-)

Prior to going to match selection - I would like to see my next 5 games are against, and what competitions.

Like a mini-calendar of upcoming games. Sometimes it's important to rest players before a champions league game, or not risk them.

I do agree with this, however I cant see it being put in as all you need to do is look at the fixture list first, but I (as I am guessing you do too) forget to look and end up selecting a full strength squad for a match thats a second leg game and i am already winning by a comfortable margin and want to rest some players

Just copied this off one of my posts on another idea thread.

2 of my ideas:

1. Youth/ Reserve Player Recommendations/Feedback

I think that this would be a good addition for the backroom advice screen. If a youth player is playing well for the youth team you might receive a message from the coach you have in charge of the youth team saying.

'(player) is looking great for the youth team, maybe we should put him in the reserves for a month to see if he can perform well at that level?'

Then you would have a number of options.

1) "Keep him in the youth team for a while longer, if he continues to perform well come back to me and notify me."

2) "I want to keep him in the youth team, I don't feel he's strong enough to break into the reserve team squad"

3) "Move him to the reserve team for one month, then report back to me and tell me how he gets on. If he does well, keep him in the reserve squad, if not, send him back to the Youth team".

This could also happen with young players in the reserves. If they impress in the reserves a number of times you might get a message from the reserve team manager,

'(player) looks like he could make the step up from reserves to first team football.'

Then like the previous example you would have a number of options.

1) "I'll give him a run out in the Carling cup, its not considered important to the board and so we can use him then"

2) "He can join up with the first team squad, and if he impresses in training with the first team I might use him as a sub in one of our upcoming matches"

3) "The first team squad has enough depth as it is and so won't get playing, I'll send him out on loan"

4) "I don't feel he's ready, keep him in the reserves for 1 more month, report back to me and tell me if he continues to play well"

Those are some of the responses I came up with very quickly so they're probably not the best but you can see there's a number of options you could have as a response and I feel that this addition would work well in new Football Manager games.

2. Starting off managing U18 (club)

I think this would be a great addition to FM.

This does happen in the real world and a prime example would be Brendan Rodgers.

He started off as a player but was forced to retire while at Reading when he was 20. He was then appointed as their youth team manager in 1995. Rodgers moved to Chelsea in September 2004 to become youth team manager after being approached by José Mourinho, and was appointed manager of the reserve team in July 2006.

On 24th November 2008, Rodgers was appointed as manager of Watford in the Championship, his first top-level managerial position.

Rodgers chose to leave Watford and agreed to become manager of Reading, and was appointed on 5 June 2009.

Rodgers was appointed manager of Championship team Swansea City on 16 July 2010. This season he won promotion with them to the Premiership by winning the Play-Offs.

I would love for something like this to be introduced in FM. You can start off as a youth team manager first (which would obviously be easier to get appointed to if you didn't have a great reputation as a manager), then if you do well with the U18's you could be asked by the current club manager if you would like to become the new Reserve coach, then if you do well with the Reserve coach you could maybe be asked to become the caretaker manager (of a lower league team, doubt it would happen at a Premiership level club) if the manager of the club you're at gets sacked , or you could apply to managerial positions at lower league clubs.

----

(moved from one of my replies)

This could possibly lead the way to having you, the U18, picking a coaching team for the youth team (or maybe the first team manager would decide this for you) and you would have a U18 physio and possibly one scout to scout the next team, or maybe you could be in charge for recommending youth players to the first team coach to sign.

Obviously this would open the way for more interaction between the U18, Reserve and First Team managers:

1. U18 manager could give feedback to the Reserve manager (and maybe First Team manager) on how well the current U18 side is doing.

2. The Reserve manager could ask the U18 manager to rest Player A, because he is interested in trying him out in the Reserve team to see if he's ready.

3. The First Team manager could ask the U18 manager or the Reserve manager to rest Player B, because he wants to play him in an upcoming game to see how well he can perform at the top level and to see if his ready to join the first team.

4. The First Team manager could ask the Reserve team manager to give Player C, some playing time because he is just getting back from an injury and the First Team manager wants him to get back to full match fitness before playing him for the first team again.

Another useful thing is that really good youth team players will probably add you to their 'Favoured Personnel' and as a result would be easier to sign them if you move to becoming the first team manager at a different team.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/266622-Starting-off-managing-U18-(club)

I'd like the following adding

A spotify/ last fm app so I can listen and skip songs etc mid game when playing full windowed

An app to an online FM chat rooms so I can chat away whilst playing much like I could in FML ;(

Oh and an FML version (I can dream)

Hi SI,

I've got a one big suggestion for you, that might be considered as little bit crazy, but i think its the good way to push FM to the next level.

I guess you implemented it into the game to not be "dominated" by EA Sports' FIFA MANAGER, but you didn't notice that football manager simulation game is much more than 3d match engine.

EA Sports has FIFA 3D match engine which is light years away of yours and if you want to catch up with it, you have to invest a great amount of your money and time into it. And apparently you do this, because year after year all other features of the game getting worse(scouting, transfer market, interactions etc.) for making 3D matc engine more passable.

Unfortunately EA Sports is bigger and richer company than SI and they have this FIFA 3D match engine, so the can focus on the other aspects of the game and i can see that year after year they are getting better and implement much more interesting features into the game than SI. Of course there are a lot of stupid features as a buying a house or playing golf with you chairman, but on the football manager's side of the game, it has more doveloped training system, greater interactions with players, stuff etc., more tactical freedom and possibilities and the most important, greatest feedback from the game about the most important aspects such as players' form morale training etc.

But there is still hope!

FIFA 3D match engine really sucks for football manager simulation tipe of game. Imagine that full match lasts about 10 minutes, there are few shots, no throw ins and 1 free kick or les in almost every game. It's sick and completly unrealistic. FIFAM has also this tipe of dots running on the field as SI have in the game, but it is based on FIFA match engine, so statistics are completly unrealistic.

SI why not focus on the phisics of the match engine and make it more realistic rather than graphics and 3D? Your match engine is not the greatest, but it is quite realistic and much better than in the other football manager games. Btw football manager is about tactics, training, transfers, motivation, interactions, and realistic simulation of the games, not about 3D avatars running on the 3D field. Of course it would be great if i could watch a match in 3D, but its too early for now i think. ABANDON 3D MATCH ENGINE FOR NOW AND MAKE THIS LITTLE 2D DOTS RUNNING ON THE FIELD IN THE MOST REALISTIC WAY YOU CAN! Its much easier and chipper. This plus greater improvement in the other aspects of the game will make it the greates game in the history and belive me, you don;t need 3D to make it happend.

Thats my suggestion.

Thanks

So you say fifa managers 3rd match engine is better, yet in your other post say fms is better than all other manager games that makes sence haha. There is nothing from with the match engine and its not like fifa as there not trying to make it like that.

I agree with that they should develop 3D match engine, because this is future of this game, but i don't think it is essential game feature for now. Let me ask you something. If you want to play an airplain simulator, what do you expect? Do you expect the game to be a 100% acurate to the reality of the airplain environment? I do and I expect the same from football manager game, because it is kind of simulation of the football manager reality. Of course it is too complex to be 100 % realistic, but the creators of the game should make it as much realistic as its possible. And now i can see that SI constantly focuses on 3D improvement and lacking attention to the other aspects of the game. Dont get me wrong. I don't complain about that there is very slow progress in the development of the game features(of course it pisses me off, but i can stand it), i complain about that there is a constan regress in some features or no progress at all. For example training remains the same for years, Scouting gets worse year after year, very little improvement in the interactions with the players and regress in the interactions with board, the international managing is ridiculous since i remember and much more. And dont tell me SI is unable to make it better in a year or two. Of course they can, but they made 3D their priorty and lacking attention to the other things. Its sad but true. I remember that before 3D was implemented the game developed very well and fast, now it is regressing:(

What is your problem with training, scouting and tranfers? its not that bad. 3d match engine must stay why? because when i watch the games i want to watch it as it would look watching a real game.

Season Expectations & Player/Manager Negotiation Improvements

In my opinion, an outdated area of the game which could be used to offer a lot more depth and realism

This thread is all about communication and as a manager, being able to better explain yourself and your aims to achieve better negotiating results. As a manager we take on a lot of responsibility so I think we need a better way to really sell ourselves to players and club owners. SI have said they wont add anything which isnt legal (tapping up etc) so I will keep these suggestions legal!

Your Managerial Contract

At the moment this is simply, get offered a contract and you either accept or decline. There is nothing to it. I suggest a complete overhaul.

If a club wishes to talk to you, they should come forward and a real time meeting should take place.

The idea of this meeting is to discuss the future of the club and the method in which you plan to manage.

Some chairman may come to you wanting instant success others might want to develop a three year/five year plan with you.

Some chairman may want you to try to achieve by using the academy players, some may want you to buy big names and put the clubs name on the map

Some chairman might demand sexy football..

Whatever they come to you with, you should be able to negotiate. If your a confident manager, you may agree to there instant success stance, or you could propose a 5 year plan instead if you are in it for the long term.

Once you and the chairman have come to an agreement on the future, you can then negotiate a transfer and wage budget based on the outcome of and what the chairman and yourself originally wanted from you.

This allows for more relations with your clubs owner and multiple outcomes, heres some examples;

Man City

- Instant Success, demanded by owner (CL and PL Champions)

- Doesnt care how, just get it

- Good Budgets

- Lower Job Security

Liverpool

- 5 Year Plan (top 4 finish within three years and continuing thereafter)

- With good use of youth academy

- Okay Budgets

- Good Job Security, especially the first three years.

Chelsea

- 2 Year Plan (PL Champions)

- Big Name Players

- Okay Budgets

- Okay Job Security

This can then tie in with season expectations. Rather than re-ass your whole position each year, you should just be able to have a meeting with the board to discuss how you are keeping to the plan you laid out upon your contract and fine-tune your transfer budget/wage budget.

Player Negotiations

One thing that really grinds me is how often players will refuse to talk to you, even when they are transfer listed. Here is an example, its fairly extreme, but practically anyone from a team in the prem will not even talk to me

'Hoillet is transfer listed in January 2012, I am Southampton, top of championship by 10 points, Blackburn are in the relegation zone of prem, 7 adrift from safety and he has refused there contract offers numerous times. I have a 1.8m bid accepted but Hoillet refuses to talk to me.'

This isnt right, 6 months down the line, it is extremely likely I will be a league above, or in the prem with Blackburn. On my other save I finished 4th in my first prem season with southampton but I cant even sell the idea to Hoillet because he refuses to talk.

Like in the managerial contract suggestion I made, we need to be able to sell our 1,2,3,4,5 year plans to players as well. Obviously this means players should be able to detect progression of clubs to see if they are achieving the managers plan.

I want to be able to say stuff such as;

'In 6 months time, you will be playing at that level again and we have the infrastructure here to go further'

'We are making history here, this is your chance to become a legend to these people'

Other situations might use different communications like;

'We are not in a great position at the moment but a player like you has the ability to turn this around.

-----

Also, players age and achievements should be taken into account by the player when deciding where they are going to go ASWELL as there personality

- A young player should be more attracted to clubs with good facilities to help them develop, although some might be after a few more quid!

- Old players who have been in league1 all there career might be desperate to pick up the best wage they can before they pack the game in

- Old world class rich players may wish to return to there childhood clubs and play for them, instead of trying to earn a massive wage elsewhere.

Really think these ideas would add a lot! thanks!

I mentioned it in the last thread ages ago, but being able to assign hot keys.

Press F1 and it takes you to your tactics

F2 takes you to transfer screen

F3 takes you to mails etc

I know there are hot keys already, but being able to assign the F-buttons would be cool/helpful (at least for me, I can never remember what the hotkeys are!).

Maybe I'm the only one but this already works in my game. F2 Manager Overview, F3, Squad, F4 News, F5 Search, F6 Scouting etc..

Unless you mean customise your own, then that could be useful.

Outside of UI fixes (TAB to remove widgets, revamping scouting etc..) the one thing I want improved is player/staff/board interaction. Sometimes it infuriates me how little you can talk to people at your club about things that happen in game. I know it's not totally feasible, but you should be able to talk to players about almost anything. The current limitations are bizarre.

Just a few examples I can think of off the top of my head

- Praising players for training well. I have noticed it a few times but only when my coaches have said that someone trains poorly

- Asking players to lower wage demands. Only available when you're selling someone, not when you have a star player asking for 3x the current wage maximum. Maybe give an option to refuse to give in to their demands and go public that X player wants more money than the club can offer

- Similarly, if someone refuses to sign a new contract, I'd like to be able to interact with them to know why. Really infuriating with staff at the moment who just up and leave for no reason.

- Talking to players about poor discipline, maybe this could be added as a new option in team meetings

- Finding out why players have "abysmal" morale when the information screen is blank

- Explaining to the board/fans why you have let a player go instead of them complaining that letting your DR who never played in 3 years was a poor piece of business

- Something along the lines of setting expectations when joining/exit interviews for players. It feels a bit disjointed that you pay for a player, he joins and the only time you talk about him is to the media. The current "Transfer List Player" is way too cold at the moment, it at least needs a section where you can thank the player for the hard work he put in.

I just feel that some interactions are too limited now and don't reflect real life. Can you imagine players joining/leaving clubs and never once speaking to their manager?

an option to send tired players to a spa/massage facility for a few days to help rejunvinate them

You can set your players to rest from training. I assume they go to these places on their rest day. I don't really need options

Send player to spa treatment

Send player for manicure

Send player to play golf with mates

Send player to a culinary class.

Really adds nothing to the game - except a nice message on how you are pampering your players.

A simple:

Training>Rest for [x] days

Works just fine.

Couple more match engine fixes:

Fixing the ball bouncing from behind the goal through the net

Fix goal attribution in the case of deflections. At the moment the game considers many of these to be 'own goals' when they wouldn't be in reality.

Add some celebration preferences for players ("performs acrobatic celebrations?"), and perhaps a PPM of "likes enthusiastic goal celebrations"... which could occasionally lead to a yellow card! Some players do get carried away in the heat of the moment after all!

Having recently experimented with graphics and suchlike, if SI can improve the quality of the 3D engine by creating better stadia, more detailed animations, better textures & lighting, while it might not be an essential part of the game it does add a lot to the experience.

Why can't you just play music through your computers?

I actually play the music through my phone streaming from the computer. Or you can get the radio on the internet.

The map thing has come up before. I think it should be definitely in the game.

Also gives people a better understanding of World Geography. Be nice to have a little bit about the country.

There was another guy on here before saying he looks up the exotic countries where he manages and immerses himself further into the game by cooking cuisine from that region, a famous dish, or perhaps buying their local beer, etc.

I also like the idea showing on the map where in the world and how far the team is traveling. It would be interesting.

And totally agree about the "Knowledge Bars" it's so boring.

I don't have a cell phone and don't download music onto it when I did have one. I tried playing music from my computer while the game is on but the game didn't like it so ended up in silence with the result my playing time decreased from 8 hours a day to 1 hour for the first time playing the game in a month. I tried going back to Fifa Manager but the 3d match engine is totally broken so back to Football Manager 2011. This means a music option in Football Manager would be ideal for me. It can be optional.

My only other suggestion is please make the transfer market more exciting. I been stuck in the market for a whole month now. It has become a source of great irritation that it takes so long to get out the market and back into my playing season. I play in Ireland so between December and January I end up sometimes 4 or more hours in the market because of the amount of messages in my inbox. Make an automatic feature where maybe you can set up the assistant to take over if you wish for the duration the market is open. You tell the assistant everything like which players to sell etc. Make it optional as well. I really would love a feature like that.

One gripe. I tried to play Football Manager 2012 and absolutely hate the interface. Make it easier to use. I got lost trying to find everything with the result I feel I wasted my money on the game. :( I played it maybe 2 hours in since it was launched. Too frustrated with the UI.

What is your problem with training, scouting and tranfers? its not that bad. 3d match engine must stay why? because when i watch the games i want to watch it as it would look watching a real game.

You're right that it's not that bad, but can be much much better. These training sliders are simply pathetic and have nothing in common with the reality of trainig in football. I don't claim that we as a managers must adjust the training day after day and make full season training cyckle, but these sliders...come on! Scouting sucks too. No mather how bad my scout is, he never make a mistake in revealing scouted players' atributes and these "after 3 days" scout report make me sick. Of course if scout have 100% knowledge about some country it should take less time to find players than in other less known countries, but 3 days? really? btw players reported in this way really sucks, or there is less than 10 players reported. The transfer market isnt perfect too. For example if i loan some youngster who is going to be a home-grown player in 3 years, he looses this status. its a serious bug because no matter how many games he would play on loan, he is still contracted to my team and should be able to gain a team trained home-grown status. there is much less interest from smaller clubs in loaning tallented youngsters or in youngsters to be loaned to smaller club that it is in real football. Also there is very small competition between A.I. managers in transfer market. And these transfer rumours and questions are boring as f*ck! But you know...i can stad all that. One thing i cant stand is that very little feedback from the game about your players training, morale, health, condition, progress etc. and these limited player,stuff, board, other mangares etc. interactions and its crapy impact to the game. I ve noticed that it doesnt really matters if player trained well or bad in previous month or two. it is even more ridiculous. if some player make a serious progress in finishing(f.eg. from 14 to 17) he is still unable to beat the goalkepper more often. And these match engine tipe of things. For example player with 19 finishing 17 techniqe 17 composure 15 concentration constantly misses shots like a f*cking cripple and is unable to finish even 1 one-on-one from 10. and these long range shots are really funny. player shoots from outside the box and the ball ends up at trow in. Football manager is still better than FIFAM entirely, but it is much worse in the particular aspects of the game. If SI don't do something with it, the FIFAM will be better game than FM in 3 years or less.

Purely cosmetic, but a dugout view for the 3d match engine would be nice. One that replicates the manager's "real" view.

Secondly, for the game to recognise more controversial incidents; goals being (not) given for goal line debates; players fouls being missed by the referees that could have led to a second yellow card, or off the ball incidents that are out of sight of the officials. I would also like to see the sanctions for negative comments about officials reduced. In the Premiership, at least, there are only really any repurcussions when manager's go over the top in their criticism (suggest the referee was biased, or unable to do his job). You shouldn't receive a warning for just claiming that you feel the referee made a mistake.

I want more information and less clicks.

If I talk to a player about his last game, and I tell him that his passing hasn't been good enough, why isn't there a percentage shown? "Your passing (52%) was poor. You need to improve." Or "Your shots aren't hitting the target enough (1 out of 4). That should improve." Saves me having to look at the stats from the last game again, and the players could explain to me why he thinks hitting a big target like a goal only 1 in 4 times is acceptable.

I want players to get marked at throw-ins. If the throw in is close to the goalline there will usually be an opponent on the line completely unmarked. Sloppy.

I want to be able to fine 5 players at the same time for a poor performance. Now, I have to do them all five separately. Annoying.

It'd be great to get some instant feedback from my individual team-talk to a substitute. Also, I'd like to be able to talk to the guy who is coming off as well, to tell him what I thought of his performance, or maybe tell him I'm taking him off because I need him int he next game and his fitness was going down.

I'd like to be able to tell a player he's been training very well.

I'd like to be able to tell my free kick taker to not pass it to my limited center back every time. I don't want him to be in possession. If you need to pass this free kick, do it the other way around: let my idiot center back pass it to my gifted playmaker.

I would like more feedback from training. What it feels like right now is that when the team are out on the pitch training, I am inside, with my back to the window doing something else entirely. Once a week I shall ask my assistant who has been good and who has been bad. That doesn't sound right.

I'd like to stop conceding from corners every game (might just be my tactics).

I'd like better team meetings. Last time I tried two in one week, I was told that I should stop these silly team meetings. Is it so weird for the manager to talk to the group twice a week? I get it though, because they are tedious. It's a good idea, but completely useless as is. Example: I tell my team to keep their heads up, and we can avoid relegation. My captain chimes in and says: that's right! We need to buck up our ideas and do it soon." He's fierce and assertive. A couple of players react well: result! I ask if someone else wants to raise something. Next guy, addressing my captain: "You won't get anywhere with that attitude." Sha-zam, a couple of players react badly. I now have a divided room. The game signals for me that it is time to wrap up this meeting after having heard two guys and leaving the dressing room in disharmony. I get the options of: I guess I misjudged the situation, I'm disappointed with that reaction and something like I'm glad we're on the same page. I don't think any of these apply.

I'd like to assign roles to players. If I'm taking off my target man because he's losing everything in the air anyway and I bring on my poacher, why do I need to set his instructions every single time?

Half my offsides are from passes to the guy who just took the corner. That doesn't seem right.

I'd like to see my players shoot the ball directly at the back of their teammate's head. 1. Teammate shouldn't be having his back to the ball to begin with and 2. How often do you see this happen in real life? I see it about once a game in FM, and I'm playing with the key highlights only.

PLease please please stop the immense stupidity when handing out bookings. It's funny the first time, and annoying as **** the other times. Just show the booking and get on with it. This goes much quicker and will allow the player to get into the right position. Never should the referee and the player (why are they so far apart to begin with?) shuffle towards each other at minimal pace.

Why can't I tell my team to do better than the last game? Why can't I ask my team what they thought about the last game? Right now I'm playing Inter, and I didn't expect to win. We're going to get relegated. But we're 3-0 down and not showing any signs of wanting to do well. Why can I not raise this issue with my players? Surely they would have some input.

I should be able to indicate to the game what I think is important, maybe for every position. For instance, I should be able to say that I think a high pass completion percentage is a big deal. Or tackles. Anyway, I want to scores the players get to be a reflection of what I think is important specifically.

There's more, but I lost and morale is low and there's no way to change that since I've used up all my player meeting tokens and that's the only way I can talk to the players even a little bit. I'm going to do something else.

I'd like to see a much bigger role for the chairmen/president in the game. If your President has a high ambition rating, high interference and high resources, I think it's realistic to expect that he'd sign players every now and then without consulting you and expect you to play this present/hindrance.

If he has a high interference rating and he wants to sign a player why would he not sign who he wants, given a particular personality and resources? It's not hard to think of examples in real life where this is reputed to have happened, and not only at election time at certain clubs (though I would LOVE to see that in the game) yet I don't recall seeing it in the game.

I think the president should also have a prominent say in the press regarding club matters, tactics etc if again if he has a high enough interference rating; this happens in real life, I think it could be an entertaining extra facet to the media in the game and could have big repercussions, it would certainly make you consider who the president is before agreeing to join a club.

Also shouldn't there be a role for a clubs CEO in the game? At the moment for example, people like Adriano Galliani or, formerly, Luciano Moggi don't seem to have any role in the game, despite being hugely important in the real life running of their clubs and their transfer dealings.

Lastly shouldn't the title in the game of the man in charge of the club change depending on where you are based, ''Chairman'' for example in England, ''President'' on the continent, and perhaps shouldn't the different functions performed by staff change too, based on where you are based. A managers' role, and what falls under his remit, is not the same in every country.

Agree with pretty much all of that. One major aspect that I believe is missing is feedback on our playing style, from what I know it doesn't matter if you play one dimensional kick & rush or a passing game fit for the Gods so long as you meet the seasonal expectations you're lauded by everyone whereas irl there are clubs, chairmen, players & fans who demand more than just victory.

I've also mentioned in other threads that I also long for the different structures of clubs around the world to be reflected in the game, at present the managerial experience is the same no matter where you base yourself & that is just not how it should be, there should be a challenge in adapting to a new country & the way things are done there rather than simply transplanting the approach you took in England to the job you've just taken in Italy & achieving relatively similar results.

What i would like to see:

1: The Spanish B teams need some work, atm, its treated like a completely separate team, so senior players in the main team cant tutor players in the B team, and the B teams finances are separate from the main team, this needs changing.

2: I would like it so that when i sign a player and give him a squad status of Backup, for him to not come crying to me 6 months after hes been signed about his lack of first team football, if hes been signed as a backup player, he should be happy with that role, if hes not happy being a backup player, dont accept the squad status of one!!!!!!!

3: I think its a bit unrealistic, that when a player suffers a short-medium term injury, that they suffer a decrease in their stats, i can understand it with a severs injury like a broken leg or an ACL tear, but if hes only suffered a sprain or something that keeps him out for a month or two, there really should be any noticeable decrease.

4: Speaking of injuries, some of these need looking at, hand and arm injuries keep outfield players out for far longer than they should, in the database, a player could be out for 5 days with a cut hand or a stubbed finger, these shouldnt really effect outfield players at all!!! and things like a gashed leg seem to keep players out for far longer than they should, in reality, a lot of times, a player with a gashed leg would just get it stitched up, properly dressed and be ready to play in the next game, yet in FM, he could be out for 3 weeks!

5: It would be nice if i hire a scout, who has 20/20 for jpa and jpp, for him to not give me totally misleading reports, ive had a 20/20 scout tell me that a player with PA of 130 has the potential to be better than a first team player with CA of 150, i could understand if this was from someone who was 15/15 or something, but 20/20 scouts should not be wrong by that much, ever!

6: I would like to see an option that when the board decides an offer for a player is "too good to turn down", you could make an approach to the board to say that this player is really important for your plans or that he will become more valuable in the future or that you think you could get more money for him and for them to reconsider accepting this offer, obviously this would only be for a particularly important player or a player with a decent PA

7: It would be nice that if a team comes in with a job offer for you, that you could stipulate certain infrastructure improvements as part of the contract when you take the job, for example, if a team offers you a job, you could say that you accept, but only on the condition that the clubs youth facilities are improved, or the scouting range upgraded, or the stadium was improved etc.

8: On a further infrastructure note, it would be nice to see the way the finances for them be changed, atm, the board agrees to an infrastructure improvement, but a lot of time, unless you have loads of cash in your bank account, there wont be enough money left to pay for it at the end of the season. This could be changed in several ways, firstly, the money that will be needed to pay for the infrastructure could be ring fenced, so it will be there at the end of the season no matter what, if needs be, the board could pay for the upgrade either from their own pockets, or take out a loan to pay for it

9: I thought that one of the new features from this years game, the ability to lock certain things in contract offers, was great, but not properly implemented, for example, i very rarely agree to putting yearly wage rises into players contracts, and it would be nice if i could lock those out of the deal, but i can only lock clauses that appear in the offer, hopefully this has already been fixed though!

10: Similar to this, it would be a great feature if a players manager could have a Contract Offer Policy ( like the current team policy screen ) where for example you could say that you dont give yearly wage rises, you are generous with goal bonuses etc. etc. so that a players agent knows what demands you might be receptive to, what demands you will be unlikely to meet and tailors his clients initial demand to fit your Contract Offer Policy

More sensible team talks before a match especially the ass mans comments . It is almost always lets do it for the fans . Every match home and away .

More variation as well

Do away with the press as well it is boring the same old questions every match .

Completely revamp the 3d match engine and sort it out so we can actually see a foul being commited not just the message that there has been a foul, also sort out offsides . No more running 50 yds after a long ball and then offside when your player gets there . The offside should be when the ball is played .

Good defenders do not constantly head the ball backwards over the bar they head it upfield

the ability to use a quick shout to tell players to time waste

Players going to get the ball before going to where the free kick is to be taken from

Hi SI,

But there is still hope!

Thats my suggestion.

Thanks

If this happened i would not buy it at all . There is NO WAY i would play without 3D

The complaints about player interaction resonate most strongly with me. There are soooo many situations where it feels like you should be able to say something very simple to a player or ask a player a very simple question. It's a definite realism-breaker that you can have these certain conversations with a player that feel quite real (eg I had a good one with a player who was demanding a new contract) when the game deems it necessary, but you can't say very simple things to players on an ad-hoc basis. I suppose I'm basically saying that the Private Chat feature is far too limited.

Beyond that, a rather trivial thought of mine is that it might be nice to able to set your personality as a manager. Of course this could be said to come across somewhat in how you handle things (conferences, players) but I mean as a general personality type: Are you a joker, relaxed around the dressing room? Are you aloof and distant with your players? Different personality types would then obviously mesh better with some players than with others.

If this happened i would not buy it at all . There is NO WAY i would play without 3D

I ve been playing football manager since it was called CM 4 and always use 2d dots. I used 3D in previous FM but only for one season or less. it simply makes me laugh. As I said before, 3D is the future of this game, but it was implemented too early. It seems that developing 3D absorbs great amount of money and time every year..even 80% of resources, maybe. Thats why we have this stupid "very little steps" development policy. As i said i yet remember CM 4..it was like 10 years ago and i can see now that there(in FM12) are some features that looks almost the same as 10 years ago and what is worse, some aspects seems to be f*cked up since then. If i was a FM creator, i would implement 3D match engine only when all other aspects of the game seemed perfection. As for now we have 3D and other aspects of the game seem everything but perfection. Definetly SI invests too much time and money in 3D. Football managers is not all about 3D. If you want great-looking 3D just play FIFAM. Btw FIFAM has more developed training, transfers, sponsorship, club facilities etc. but it is unplayable because of crappy match engine. if EA improves match engine FIFAM will be better game than FM and that will be sad for all of us FM fans.

to clear all up

I LOVE THE IDEA OF 3D MATCH ENGINE IN FM BUT SI CREATED IT TOO EARLY AND NOW THEY ARE IN DEAD END.

I'd like the ability to criticise rough-house tactics employed by some managers i.e. 2 players taken-off injured 4 green crosses and about 30 fouls, I think I should be able to refer to the thuggish tactics deployed.

I've only just started a game/career using the 3D engine. I was very sceptical but decided to give it a whirl, and I like it. Of course there are weaknesses but I still mentally treat it as an approximation of what's going on (eg when a player does something that just doesn't look right, I imagine it differently). I think you have to use your imagination somewhat in this game in all sorts of ways.

- As the 3D is I find hard to follow the ball at times. I got a custom content ball that is seen easier, but even so some times I lose it. Maybe allow two zooms of camera if that'd be doable without wasting resources?. Or a slightly bigger ball without getting out of proportion. Or nothing, because it's not all that bad, though a little annoying at times. (Now, why I do keep using 3D when I've said several times in another place that this game's for 2D, I don't know)

- Bodysnatcher mode: instead of creating a manager, take control as an existing manager and see what you can make him out of him.

- A way to extract the info of your profile in a (the) previous version that can be used in the new to be imported to the new.

- In the training screen: a slider to change every players' individual focus load, allowing to set it to none. A little routine effort save. Minimal importance, obviously.

- Option to speak about the referee of past's game or next game. Including in the former case some potentially polemic plays.

- Direction and speed of the wind on matches.

- Team talk report including the reaction for the players subbed in.

- Centreback roles and duties that make them not mark tightly. Useful in the more defensive tactics. Currently they're always set to tight mark. A shout for them to mark tightly or loose.

- Substitution icons in the timeline bar. Many times the AI makes a change that it's not told about in the comments and it doesn't show even when playing full match mode. It gets specially annoying when you see the new man in the field when he gives an assist you know couldn't have been made if you had set the OI you would've set immediately should you have been told he was coming in.

- A slider to actually control how far the defensive line is allowed to run to during the attack phase. I've tried all combinations of closing down and defensive mentalities, setting them to the minimum for the defence and creating a gap with the midfield, it always runs up to the midfield line no matter what.

- An option to clean the savegame from information unneeded. E.g., let the replay of past matches until last month or something be lost and keep only the final result and statistics, similarly to whatever bit of past information that is kept that would have no more relevance to the game.

Archived