What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

Maybe they should make the game utter cack - then we can have our lives back??

Seriously this is the only computer game I ever play, I bought a new laptop pretty much just for FM, total addict, Fm13 is the best yet - it's worrying how good it will be in the future!

Amazing job SI.

One suggestion is stadiums, see my colchester thread. Basically when a team moves to a new stadium and sells the old one it should then be hidden from the game - colchester just (temp) moved into Portman road on my save even though they sold it years ago.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. The ability to pay back loan debt if you have spare transfer funds

2. Have more choices when building a new stadium like a: What size it will be

b: If there will be under soil heating

c: If there will be a roof

3. Have concerts at the stadiums during the summer for extra income

4. Have grounds keeper staff

5. More discipline options

The ability to have press conferences when a player has left.

E.g. as Leeds manager Paul green was my captain and guided us to promotion and fa cup glory, so when I sold him I can hold a press conference to commemorate his career with us.

Also an ability to have tribute games when a long serving player leaves without scheduling one yourself

Many professional footballers now have 2 separate contracts, one for wages, and one related to the use of their image rights. Very big issue nowadays with tax implications for the player as image rights more often than not are from a company based in a tax haven.

Idea would be players with the top end of the "famousness" scale - I can't remember the name of the hidden attribute should unlock more negotiations with relation to the club being able to use the player's image rights.

Branching off from this could be more financial threads of income coming from the image rights based off these negotiations (perhaps with further implications of missing training days due to things like photoshoots and personal appearances??)

More leagues, probably been asked for but it has to happen.

I know you have an editor but thats not good enough atm to recreate leagues correctly... South America in particular could do with Ecuador, Paraguay, Bolivia and Venezuela adding.

Also the middle east should be represented, especially with the Qatar World Cup down the line and the players that do end up playing there at some stage in their career..

Doing both of the above would add more depth to their regions and make the game world if playing in SA or Asia alot more realistic and competitive.

More leagues, probably been asked for but it has to happen.

I know you have an editor but thats not good enough atm to recreate leagues correctly... South America in particular could do with Ecuador, Paraguay, Bolivia and Venezuela adding.

Also the middle east should be represented, especially with the Qatar World Cup down the line and the players that do end up playing there at some stage in their career..

Doing both of the above would add more depth to their regions and make the game world if playing in SA or Asia alot more realistic and competitive.

Where does your idea of should come from? Of course it would be nice but...

At the end of the day is is a question of how much time/resources it would take against what the demand for it is and what the returns would be. I expect not a favourable outcome

(1) Better animations( especially players look more different ie height build colour etc), Better stadium, crowd animations.

(2) Trophy room

(3) On 'classic mode' more options for scouting eg only show players with current or potential ability of 3 stars and above. this would get rid of alot sh*t with reports.

(4) Better animations for high-level player (4 star and above), again same for 4.5 and best for 5 star.. rare coz they're not many of said players.

(5) More options on stadium develpment and custom view seeing stadium.

(6) create an academy options! more invested.. more promising players turn up!!

(7) dont limit stadium to 100,000 maybe 140,000.

(8) lots more stadium options.. i love a big beautiful stadi

(9) players AI with personality, same moans come up all the time.

(10) Better UI for news it's hard to keep track

Where does your idea of should come from? Of course it would be nice but...

At the end of the day is is a question of how much time/resources it would take against what the demand for it is and what the returns would be. I expect not a favourable outcome

Id even pay for them as a DLC tbh. As for demand, im sure alot of players want more realistic leagues... it affects the whole dynamic of the game imo.

I know they wont be added and ill still buy the game as I need an updated database each year - other than that I probably dont even use 90-95% of the features currently offered and arguably wont use any of the new gimmicks added either.

My wishlist for FM14 is to scrap it altogether, and dedicate all the time spent on developing it to ironing out FM13 bugs so that by the time FM15 comes out in 18 months, it'll be fit for purpose. Otherwise when FM14 comes out 90% of the FM13 bugs will still be present.

All players to have a negative potential that never becomes set. This way players can reach the upper levels of the negative with the correct training, games, tutoring and attitude to training. So instead of having a -9 player who at the start of a new game gets a set 165, he could with the right training etc reach 180.

Much deeper interactions with the players.

Do something with the pre and post match conferences the choices are dumb, repetative and for me the entire feature has become anoying I just always send assistant now and every once in a while he completely stuffs it up

More realistic player values and wage demands...

I would really like to see the ability to join the game as a excentric man with 2 million quid or whatever and start your own club completely from the ground up

So your owner/manager have to share a ground at first or something so

I think this would be good cos it would open up an entire new area of the game..

You would have complete control over everything unless you sell some shares or whatever

IM probably not explaining myself well but I would really like to see it in the future. im sick of asking the board for things and being denied for some bs reason if i was the board then I could just expand the stadium (with planning permission) or increase the wage bill or whatever cos it would be my money.

You could also impliment this say if your a manager who has Managed a big team for 5 years or somthing and you have amased quite alot of personal wealth you could start your own club as above from the ground up and turn it in to a billion pound champions league power house! (Or buy a leage 3 club or something w/e)

ALSO

everything the guy below said is spot on!

All of it lol do it all!

Hi,

Some features I would like:

An overview of players' preferred moves in the main squad overview (this way i can get an overview of what is available in my squad without having to click on everyone)

An overview of players' personalities in the main squad overview (this way i can get an overview of what is available in my squad without having to click on everyone)

I found it a shame that there was no possibility to create training schedules any more. (Personal preference I guess)

Watch some set piece training to see how your set pieces work out

Deepened characters for players with trouble makers and correcting captains (kompany and ballotelli). (car crash, came out of the club too late, scandals,...) Best only for regens ;)

A possibility to go through your whole calendar and set up events, training etc for the whole season with a possibility to change things when the calendar changes (training, rest days, youth trial day, party, award ceremonies etc)

Some kind of party in the 3D match engine when you win something. its a bit sad to see every one just head towards the showers after you first champions league win.

Some way of selling your club's ambition to potential new signings, allowing players to drop lower down if they feel your project is worth joining.

being able to be employed as a reserves or youth team manager at club level or under 21/19 manager at international level

Match engine see WolverineBrother

More possibilities to sell a good youth player you have developed for more than he is worth. Sturring up some media, trying to make clubs outbid each other

Improve the AI of the clubs in their transfer policy (Dont let them only buy on reputation, but also potential, match performance etc.)

Deepen the possibilities with your head of youthdevelopment

-possible youth camps in different continents

-Let him give tips on how develop youth players

-Let him give guidance to troubled youths (sort of tutoring?)

-get control over your U16 squad/youth development (<16). A lot of players are now lured away from their clubs by promising their parents a job, pre-contracts etc. You could also set up a youth development vision (ticky tacca, physical game, focus on speed, type of formation,...)

Director of football

-Let the board superimpose a director of football on you which makes your transfers

-Have an interview with the board to prove you dont need him or he is crap (Players he has signed which were worse than what was available or too expensive etc)

The board

-Have an interview with the board when you are considered for a job

-Have more interaction possibilities to discuss with the board

Personal traits

-You can do something with your earned money. Now i just make my wage as low as possible to help my finances

-Give the possibility to buy a club and become chairman. You decide to built a new stadium, training facilities,...etc. Can be a fun to develop a club like that and if you screw up you run the club into the ground (and get forced to give up control of the club).

-Get more reaction on your specific traits you develop in the game. Also make those traits important to weither you get hired or not. Good financial control -> Interesting for a club in financial trouble.

-Add a trait for developing young players

-Make reputation less dependent on pure winning but also on the relative success you have with a club

Clubs:

-Improve the reputation calculation. It takes ages to develop a clubs reputation and sometimes a club who has done less gets a higher reputation hike. Make the whole reputation a bit more deepened out and show how you could improve your/your clubs reputation

-Give an idea of the fanbase possibilities of a club.

Interface:

-I am contemplating buying a tablet to play (full!) football manager on. It would be nice the interface could be adapted for it (players dragging to a position is probably hard on a tablet)

-A way to stream your game from one of your computers or a cloud on your tablet

goalkeeper contract, have 2nd choice 3rd choice option instead of just backup. so they know their role and not complain about game time

I like this idea. It is near impossible to recreate a Ross Turnbull or Hilario in the game. I am forced to always have a 1st team GK, and then either a good young GK if I am lucky, or if not a back-up GK on a 1 year rotation, with the back-up being sold each summer due to unhappiness

I don't know if this is mentioned before but, I would love to see:

Manager Contracts negotiations and managerial career progress

Able to choose your own agents

When starting your new save as a new manager of a specific club there are certain occurrences you have to take part in, such as meeting the staff, talking with the your chairman and getting the squad report by your assistant manager. Before meeting the board and finding the team to manage I would really love to have the ability to choose your agent from a list of real and generated agents (or at least that it will be assigned automatically if agents are not revived - see section above).

Revive Manager Contract negotiations

Manager contract is very basic in Football Manager 2013. Apart from being able to request your own Football Manager football philosophy, I would love if you could set some minimum request or demands for accepting a new contract, just like in real life with reference to the Jose Mourinho saga, which is going on these days.

Be able to setup a shopping list of possible transfer targets which you demands that the club approaches to sign before agreeing to a new contract or signing for a new club.

Request that the board upgrades youth facilities or other important assets to the facilities for agreeing to a new contract

Request that the board makes room for a specific favorite backroom staff of yours. This backroom staff member could exceed the limit set by the board.

You can see more of my personal wishlist for new features at my blog dedicated to the Passion for Football Manager.

pitsq.png

in the online side of the game.

stopping farcical and unrealistic transfers, not Barca signing the player (as the human(Man Utd) wouldn't sell so he had to front an aggressive bid but how easy it was for Man Utd to re-sign him, I should point out another human actually forced the Barca chairman within 4 days of the player joining Barca but didn't go thru with the deal.

the AI to put up more of a challenge; meaning once humans get to the top the AI isn't as savvy as we would like it to be, currently on season 43/44 and there's been two AI winners of the champions league in past 20 seasons as for EPL even the big teams in AI control are more than happy to sell there top stars/top youth to humans without much of a fight, we started with Sunday league rep in Scottish 3rd worked our way up to the EPL and we find it easier in EPL than we did in SD3, so from our perspective great having the challenge from fellow humans but having the AI also mixing it up alongside the top humans would be even better.

as a clan we crave for the game to be harder.

rearrange fixture request and complain about a referee to the fa and when in media rooms i think the button where you say allocated time is up and you are now leaving should return, i hate sitting thru 20 questions and then again i dont want my assistant doing them all for me.

all of the above where present in previous fm/champs no idea why they where removed.

I really love this game but I just want one special new feature.

It could be possible to start the first season in May/June WITHOUT those year transfers? It would be wonderful to plan the entire season, including the transfers.

I understand that its a feature to have the database updated at the day of releasing, but I think it will be really cool don't have to wait to the next summer to buy new players.

Imagine, this year, to start at May 2013 as a AS Monaco Manager with all the budget..

PS: I'm so so so happy because I read that FM 2013 will be released for linux :D

Real life:

“B” Teams in Portugal were created to clubs use it almost as a “Reserve team”. Watch how youngsters improve or injured players regain match fitness.

FM13:

AI loan almost every player of B team to division clubs, end up being relegated as soon as possible.

You have a youngster being tutored on your youth team or A team, and decide to place in at “B” team, even for a day, that tutorial will end at that moment.

When a player needs to regain match fitness, and you make him available to play for the reserves team nothing will happen unless you have friendlies on … youth team – doesn’t make any sense, he should play for the “B” team.

FM13 treats “B” teams as a classic satellite club, not like a reserve team with some changes.

I’m talking about Portuguese League.

I hope FM14 improves on this.

I would like the ability to give your head scout a shopping list (position, Min CA, Min PA) and he brings potential signings to your attention, or if you have the option selected to the attention of your DoF. It's quite annoying when you already have half a dozen good strikers but you need a new keeper for him to keep telling you about some 3 star striker costing £50,000,000

I really love this game but I just want one special new feature.

It could be possible to start the first season in May/June WITHOUT those year transfers? It would be wonderful to plan the entire season, including the transfers.

I understand that its a feature to have the database updated at the day of releasing, but I think it will be really cool don't have to wait to the next summer to buy new players.

Imagine, this year, to start at May 2013 as a AS Monaco Manager with all the budget..

I'd love that option

Go back to the old training like in FM 12 HATE the training in FM13 also further to this be able to create specific training schedules to player/s weakness/es

abilty to play custom song when you score a goal or win a cup/league

more contract option eg for older players 'yearly wage drop'

Fix the reserve squad picking problem (bug?). If i have a full reserve squad avaible i don't want to see my reserve coach to play players of the u19 team, while my reserve players rot without playing any match.

Fix the reserve squad picking problem (bug?). If i have a full reserve squad avaible i don't want to see my reserve coach to play players of the u19 team, while my reserve players rot without playing any match.

This would be good

some international selection consistancy, regarding players who do not play. I have a wonderkid from Nigera who wasn't picked for his national side (even though he has made 13 appearances for them and scored 7) and some players, like Welbeck are getting called up anyway. make makes no sence.

ok, had 5 players complain about lack of first team football, played Community shield, 2 league games and super cup in this time, then a 2 week international break, play 1 game after and 2 hand in transfer requests due to lack of games.

this needs sorting out, I cant play players in matches if i'm not actually playing any.

FM14 NEW IDEAS

:Be able to hand your head of youth a tanfer budget, if he's set to buy young players.

:New widgets for the game with it based on a skysports news type theme which all the opitions are selectd through.

where you can get breaking news across the screen,view the league tables, everything you can view now.

But under a news studio type theme.

It would be something fresh with the news screen made up of the diffrent widgets we see now.

It also means less clicking.

:Soundtrack like in fifa, with songs you choose it will add to th feel of the game.

:The option to be part of a consortium that takes over a club.

You'd do everything a manager does, except p[ick the team

but you'd buy the players h ewants, set up his scouting tasks

while watch matches he asks you to attend.

While dealing with the board.

Dear SI team:

I have a suggestion that can you improve the player AI associoated with their complaints? For example, under the rule of Chinese Super League, the players under 18 are not allowed to be play the matches. However, some young people with high amibition always feel unhappy and complain they want to play, otherwise they will leave. I feel it's not reasonable and it is a bug. The player shouldn't complain about this because it's not me who don't allow them to play. Can you fix this issue in the next version? Regards!

I'd love to see agent fees handled correctly in the MLS. As they are now, it would constitute a crime. Agents receive a percentage of what the player they represent get paid. This comes out of the players wages, not the club. The way it's handled now is akin to bribery. I keep thinking I'm going to have the cops busting down my door every time I sign a player in MLS!

I'd love to see agent fees handled correctly in the MLS. As they are now, it would constitute a crime. Agents receive a percentage of what the player they represent get paid. This comes out of the players wages, not the club. The way it's handled now is akin to bribery. I keep thinking I'm going to have the cops busting down my door every time I sign a player in MLS!

Even if the method is inaccurate for MLS, surely the result is the same.

If the player had to pay the agent out of his wages then he would demand more wages, equating to the value of the agent's fee?

I suppose it would diverge slightly where a contract is renewed before its expiry though.

Even if the method is inaccurate for MLS, surely the result is the same.

If the player had to pay the agent out of his wages then he would demand more wages, equating to the value of the agent's fee?

I suppose it would diverge slightly where a contract is renewed before its expiry though.

Right now there are some agents that demand almost the same amount as what their players are making. The percentage they should be making is usually around 10-15%. Canada and USA have different legal standards so I'm not sure which MLS uses. Suffice to say, the amounts do add up to a lot of money that shouldn't be spent an could be spent elsewhere. There is also the realism factor; I'd rather not be forced into a payment scheme that would end up as a criminal trial.

You are right though. The reasoning behind this is to ensure that agents are asking in the best interests of their clients, not in their own best interests.

Seen this mentioned elsewhere, but when contract negotiations turn sour due to a rubbish agent who doesn't have the player's best interests in mind it gets on my nerves. Would be nice to advise players to consider getting a different agent in the private chat tab.

Off the top of my head:

1) Job interviews - instead of being offered a job by a team, have them ask for permission to talk to you and go through an interview with their Chairman/DOF

2) Tapping up players - proper secret Mourinho/Cole meetings, and fines etc. if you get caught

My other idea is for a completely different game, which I will post a separate thread about. But to give you the gist, it would be called Football Chairman...

It would be nice if training camps have some impact on the team.for example,if you choose to go on Holland then the team should have a bonus

on fitness or if you go to USA a bonus to club reputation..

and please do something about the contracts..some players asks huge contracts at young age please fix this..

A simple idea that can be useful to long-term saves. In the club's history the trophies that were won by a human manager could be in a different colour or with an asterisk. For example, you'd have Man Utd with EPL wins in 1999, 2000, 2010, 2016*, 2025* and so on, having the seasons managed by a human highlighted in some sort of way.

Bom vou escrever na minha língua (PT-br). Percebesse que tem muitas sugestões para FM e poucas são para o motor do jogo que poucos entendem.

1- Seria bom se na conferencia que tem antes do jogo e pós jogo, jogadores dos times (seu e do adversário) dessem entrevistas não apenas os treinadores.

2- Lista das contratações que estão sendo feitas naquela janela de transferências (assim pode acompanhar a movimentação)

3- poderia ter mais emoção nas finais dos campeonatos (mostrando a celebração do time campeão) dando volta olímpia e levantando a taça, o desespero de quem perdeu ou foi rebaixado.

Bom vou escrever na minha língua (PT-br). Percebesse que tem muitas sugestões para FM e poucas são para o motor do jogo que poucos entendem.

1- Seria bom se na conferencia que tem antes do jogo e pós jogo, jogadores dos times (seu e do adversário) dessem entrevistas não apenas os treinadores.

2- Lista das contratações que estão sendo feitas naquela janela de transferências (assim pode acompanhar a movimentação)

3- poderia ter mais emoção nas finais dos campeonatos (mostrando a celebração do time campeão) dando volta olímpia e levantando a taça, o desespero de quem perdeu ou foi rebaixado.

Well I will write in my language (PT-br). Realize that has many suggestions for FM and few are for the game engine that few understand.

1 - It would be nice if the conference is that before the game and post match, players of the teams (and your opponent's) give interviews not only coaches.

2 - List of signings being made that transfer window (so you can track the movement)

3 - could have more excitement in the finals of the championships (showing the celebration of the championship team) olímpia giving back and lifting the cup, the despair of those who have lost or been demoted.

Archived