What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so here's a thing that's always bugged me. When managing an international team in the lead up to a major tournament, you have to name your preliminary squad of 30 (or whatever it is). Then before you even play a single warm up game, you have to cut that down to the final 23. What is the point in this? It's not like we can see how well they're training so we might as well just name the 23 straight away.

My wish therefore is that this gets changed. Either you just name a squad of 23 OR you get to play at least one friendly or see some kind of training session/report to see who's done well before naming your final 23. It's a complete waste of time the way it is.

Probably already been mentioned but |I would like to see the return of the option to disable the in game editor as sometimes it can become too tempting to use it and takes the fun away from some saves

Right, that's what I thought, comment was badly written. I wanted to ask 'Can't it be disabled for save games after buying it?'.

To me its fair enough to not have the possibility to disable it. If I see a screenshot of someone's game or a video of something remarkable, I want to know if it's legit or as a result of database edits. I feel the same about pre-game edits as well though.

Also it makes no difference whatsoever if you can disable it and then re-enable it, if the option to cancel it and it was absoloute there'd be a clamour for a re-enable button.

It could be disabled for 15, but unless I'm not looking in the right place it can't for 16.

On 15, there was a series of tick boxes on the database selection screen (where you select playable or view only leagues) which included use real names, disable first window budget and disabling the editor amongst other things.

On 16, those tick boxes aren't there so I assume it can't be done.

EDIT: Just been back and realised they've put it in as a collapsable menu, my bad. I take it all back :)

It could be disabled for 15, but unless I'm not looking in the right place it can't for 16.

On 15, there was a series of tick boxes on the database selection screen (where you select playable or view only leagues) which included use real names, disable first window budget and disabling the editor amongst other things.

On 16, those tick boxes aren't there so I assume it can't be done.

EDIT: Just been back and realised they've put it in as a collapsable menu, my bad. I take it all back :)

I would have replied and told you just that, as I only just noticed the menu was collapsible for the first time today too.

I'd like if these two things would be perfected :

1- Create a player in Create-a-Team mode. You may only pick hair color and skin color. Why not eyes, nose, haircut and headshape?

2- Friendly tournaments - More teams (16?) and more types (cup more, league mode, but groups + d.e., and eventually preliminaries, too.)

My main idea would be as follows. We all know those supremely useful arrows, up and down beside a players name. How they make checking certain aspects of changing them accordingly of your whole squad a snip in comparison to using a differing method. Here is what I propose as what could be a huge leap forward. When in a list of players from a search, or from a transfer list for example, have pressing the arrow meaning it goes through them instead of the team mates. Then when you are back with your squad vice-versa. I know from personal experience how hand this would be, you want to judge about 20 players from a search on a certain stat, and yet instead of being able to do it seamlessly as with the function for squads, when you press the arrow it invariably takes you back to the team the player you are looking at is from. You could call it the "Situation Adjusting Arrow System" for example.

68 pages to trawl so apologies if this is a 'known suggestion'

What I would like is to see what my starting tactics were in a previous match, including instructions and roles. I can't see this anywhere at present.

Occasionally I make a change to my tactic pre-game (for example, in the CL against strong sides I'll revert to counter, tell my full backs not to bomb on and play a slightly lower tempo) and because I'll always revert it (or make the changes pre-match in the match tactics screen) I forget what they were.

It's a little annoyance that I would like to not have.

I'd like more control over what training my players do. maybe set up a weekly schedule with specific tasks such as weights, speed drills, shooting ect to focus on specific areas that need to be improved. i would also like to see more input from the assistant manager on the tactics building front, such as making suggestions as to which instructions work well together say retain possession and shorter passing for example and a weekly report from the assistant manager of the next team you face strengths and weaknesses.

including usually played formation, key players and stats this season for said player, any suspended players, likely lineup delivered to your inbox every week as a news item.

Twisting for Si Games to read.:thup:

- We want more autonomy for decisions of the players, more penalties and punishments.

- More news in friendly training choosing the friendly cup, call players to charitable games and partnerships.

- Reality in the geographical displacement. When commanding a selection, you can not in the 1-day interval command the team on the other side of the world. You should have the option of leaving one of the two games in the auxiliary command.

- More formats contracts, as payments on promises players in the coming years, amistos 100% Income .. etc. Who plays with small teams and need money misses the options to generate revenue.

- Choose the values ​​of the tickets. I find it important that in a decisive game to choose lower values ​​to fill the stadium. Thing in other games MANAGER can be done.

- More glamor in hiring that great star that can change the direction of the team. As a Newell's bringing Messi to retire and the media Argentina makes great party and the team as well. There should be more emphasis on it.

- More specific training methods. more dynamic and realistic works. Today we have simple things in the question workout.

- Choose both sports as main sponsors on the shirt. It would be nice even with fictitious companies because we could change the way revenue gains with a team. If you make a season where surprises all its value in the market increases, generating more demand there and the manager can choose.

- Relationship with the closest fans. Talking to representatives of organized fans, but with many of the same club.

I hope you think about it is not only my opinion but several fans managers .:applause:

Increasing Potential of Players

In real life some player just develop their abilities more than their potential. Like Simeone did to Atletico players. But in the game no matter how well the player plays it's abilities and potential just doesn't change. I yhink a players potential might increase at least slightly after playing very well for a long time. In the game i like playing with small teams. First year i got Deportivo and i won the league title. That was an amazing season but since the players' abilities didn't change too much i had to build a new squad. In real life, for an example Leicester City, doesn't want to build a new squad. Because last year their players' abilities has increased very well. I think this would make game much more realistic.

Academy development is the one thing to bring me back to the laptop next season, I've taken a year off and I'm just about in that phase of thinking about FM again. I am tempted to give it another go next season, but another cycle of the same old game requiring two patches to really become good enough will kill it for me for good.

For me, if I give a player a chance - and they do well - they should receive a training boost as a result. Maybe depending on their mental stats (and depending on subsequent form) it can actually develop into a tangible boost in potential. It should definitely result in increased interest in the player, raising their reputation and making it more likely that they receive loan, transfer and Bosman interest (if they ultimately fail to break into the first team squad). Lefter has used Leicester as a good example, I would also mention Rashford's emergence, or even Kevin Stewart at Liverpool who has done himself no harm at all during the run-in. Likewise sometimes young players might get exposed in the wrong conditions (thinking Chirivella for Liverpool away to Swansea) and you will need to react and then protect the player to prevent demoralisation and negative reputation.

Finally, give the academy a boost in terms of quality of new recruits based on what has happened to previous players. If I am giving young players chances, or if a high percentage of our players get first team games (on-loan or after moving on) it should be an advert that the club will provide a good footballing education. Therefore, if the manager focuses on it, it will get better.

More specific "Run at Defense" instructions. Perhaps from the opposition instructions screen. Single out an injured DM or a FB on a yellow card, for instance, and tell player(s) to run at that specific player, as opposed to the overall team instruction.

"Adaptive" Assistant Managing:

So, the coach meetings wherein our Assistant Managers give us their ideas for tactical instructions in upcoming matches are neat, I guess, then after a while, mostly just annoying and ignored. A couple things I notice about current state:

1. You know what you're getting when you recruit an Assistant Coach (mentality, favored formation etc.)

2. He will tend to recommend these styles no matter what. For instance, you can win 20 on the trot in a 4-2-3-1, and he'll still tell you for your upcoming match against *insert bad team* you should switch all your tactics and play whatever his favored formation is.

Now a little bit is solvable, in that you can just find an assistant coach that matches your style. But a). that's much much easier said than done and b). what's the point of just having a "yes" man?

Assistant coaches who actually observe, are capable of "learning," and adapt along with you while suggesting tweaks instead of constant tactical overhauls would be amazing.

As I cannot be arsed to read 70ish pages to see if I'm double posting now, here goes. A relatively easy feature to implement would be to announce a step down. I'll explain:

I started out in a mid table team in Norwegian 2nd tier. Earned promotion in my 2nd season, went on to secure a mid premier spot in season 3. Was offered the job at Rosenborg, the reigning champs. I got them to the 1st knockout in CL twice, and was offered the Arsenal job, as they were nearly relegated that year. (go figure)

I am now an Arsenal legend, having won the CL 7 or 8 times. Can't remember, havent got the save up.

My problem is now that I'm a bit bored of them. I have won everything I can, Arsenal are worth £4.5b and are the most reputable club in the world. I have noticed however, that York City (my fave team) is struggeling in Conference North, and the temptation to take them on is big!

I would like an option to announce my intentions to take on a new challenge. Say publicly (possibly announce it like you announce a tranfer target) that I intend to for example take on a lower league team. All I get now when I apply for another job is a shocked media wondering why I would ever want to do so...

Don't know i that made sense to you guys or not, but it was the besst way I could explain it. English is not my native language, I apologize for any typos or any bad grammar. ;)

How about something on the history page that when you click on that season you can see the players attributes from the start of that season? That way you can see how much they've improved over time.

I'd like to see something along the lines of:

Tactics screen, where you're picking your side, that when set your formation, it shows the oppositions 'projected' line up and formation.

This would show you who is lining up against what players in your squad.

Perhaps it could give the opposition players projected fitness levels, or if there's another player that might be lining up (an inexperienced youth).

Then some basic stats alongside both players on the tactic screen highlighting their greatest strengths and weaknesses (for that position).

Once I've identified a player I'd like to sign I always select the 'add transfer target' option and leave the negotiations to my director of football (they usually strike a better deal). But it would be handy to add an option regarding the timing of the deal, e.g. next available or end of season.

Also, having unhappy players request a transfer would be good as this has ramifications regarding their entitlement to their loyalty bonus. At present, it seems the only way to resolve the issue is to transfer list them.

Hello guys,

it's been a while since I posted here and played FM as well. I bought FM 2016 after not playing the game for years because I'm 2 weeks home due to an operation and I got bored :cool:

I like the game a lot but the only thing that frustrates me is that when I press continue, it gets interrupted the next day because there is some unimportant news. I basically want the game to procces as far as possible (best case scenario would be until the next game) and then I can read all the news. I also want less news! I unsusbcribed to all news in [inbox=> subscriptions] but I still keep receicing a lot of news I don't really want to read.

What can be done? :)

Thanks in advance!

When we start managing a team, I think we should be able to have various conversations with players. For example, the first thing come to mind is being able to say a player that we will build the team around him, make him feel being importance etc. I think the conversations are need to be varied in order to increase the feeling of 'reality' and reflect ourselves as managers better.

1. Graphics, graphics, graphics!! Take note of LMA manager! I would like to see stadiums, set away allocations etc and see a record of attendances, home and away.

2. Tickets. We should be able to set or propose an increase/decrease in season tickets to the board, or match tickets/away tickets. I would also like to see an option if the club would put on coaches/travel etc.

3. MERCHANDISE!! I would love to be able to see a feature where we can design a shirt every season if we wish, I would like to see stats on merchandise sold, clothing, accessories, just something to read, we all love stats on FM.

4. Transfers!!! I am sick to death of being forced to pay 30-40m for a 16 year old with potential!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Realistic please!

i only ask for one thing.

on the player history screen include all games not just league games on the main display.

IMO should be all the games bar friendlies

I am a fan of this. I tend to keep some spreadsheets of long term saves when I want this info. Especially if a player doesn't take up a post player career and it gets lost in game. Also a bit more statistics in regards to assists as I feel they are tracked but treated to a lesser extent that goals. I would like to see assists also kept on the historical page, especially for midfielders or supporting strikers who get a lot of assists.

1. Graphics, graphics, graphics!! Take note of LMA manager! I would like to see stadiums, set away allocations etc and see a record of attendances, home and away.

2. Tickets. We should be able to set or propose an increase/decrease in season tickets to the board, or match tickets/away tickets. I would also like to see an option if the club would put on coaches/travel etc.

3. MERCHANDISE!! I would love to be able to see a feature where we can design a shirt every season if we wish, I would like to see stats on merchandise sold, clothing, accessories, just something to read, we all love stats on FM.

4. Transfers!!! I am sick to death of being forced to pay 30-40m for a 16 year old with potential!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Realistic please!

They have shirt sale figures for your top selling stars. For me, other than that, perhaps how any merchandise relationships or tours bring in additional revenue - i.e. Last years tour to China increased our fan base in the Asia market. This was reflected with 13M in additional revenue and it is expected to remain constant should we retain a European placing this season.

OR - The relationship with Sporting and the recent friendly has generated 500K in additional merchandise this season. This up on on last year's 300K \ This is up on our previous affiliation with Braga by 200K.

In regards to tickets and pricing. Maybe a compromise, as it seems something that people want, but is also not a managerial responsibility necessarily. Allowing an approach to the board to increase \ decrease pricing as we can do with coaching, budgets, etc. - i.e. I would like us to increase the ticket prices because a) we are selling out our stadium and could make additional revenue b) the club has a debt to pay and the additional cost will help us reduce our loan c) our recent form requires us to meet the pricing of other similar reputable clubs.

like wise to reduce tickets if the stadium is not reaching capacity or form is struggling, etc.

I am a fan of this. I tend to keep some spreadsheets of long term saves when I want this info. Especially if a player doesn't take up a post player career and it gets lost in game. Also a bit more statistics in regards to assists as I feel they are tracked but treated to a lesser extent that goals. I would like to see assists also kept on the historical page, especially for midfielders or supporting strikers who get a lot of assists.

I'm of the opposite opinion, stats should be collated in FM as they are IRL, where only league fixtures count, but by selecting each individual season you can see his cup stats too.

Press specific player instruction - So for example I can instruct my LB to press their RB. At the minute the closing down instruction means any player will close them down.

3D ENGINE

Players should run over to the hug the manager on the touchline at certain times.

Fans should have signs saying "Manager out" if the club is doing badly.

The burger van should be clickable. Clicking the burger van makes someone appear and buy a burger.

The number of fans in the ground should visibly decrease when fans are leaving early.

Streaker/Pitch invader

Include a "bending over to catch breath" animation for when players are tired.

"mini fights" for example after a big tackle the two players have words with each other.

General post match 3D engine - Trophy ceremonies! Also the time for handshakes, shirt swaps, ref confrontation and/or the crowd voicing displeasure.

General pre-match 3D engine - Guards of honour! Perhaps have the crowd gradually filling up, groundsmen the pitch, teams warming up, coin toss etc.

Mexican waves

Press specific player instruction - So for example I can instruct my LB to press their RB. At the minute the closing down instruction means any player will close them down.

They have specfic man mark in the player instructions, pre match.

I'd like to see something along the lines of:

Tactics screen, where you're picking your side, that when set your formation, it shows the oppositions 'projected' line up and formation.

This would show you who is lining up against what players in your squad.

Perhaps it could give the opposition players projected fitness levels, or if there's another player that might be lining up (an inexperienced youth).

Then some basic stats alongside both players on the tactic screen highlighting their greatest strengths and weaknesses (for that position).

They do most of this already, in the team selection screen at the top you can click on the opponent to see the last XI line up, formation, current form and fitness of the players.

More stadium options. And more realistic stadium actions.

My stadium was only 19% full for the average. I'm $40,000 in debt. Then they want to add on to the stadium and take a loan of $30,000. That would never happen in the real world.

Also it would be cool if we could add things to the stadium like new seats, better vendors, or other things that could add to people enjoying being at the stadium and could bring in more people.

I was referred to this thread by Miles. There's two specific issues with Norwegian leagues, and Tippeligaen in particular that I'd like to see fixed, asap.

1) Norwegian PL registration of players is limited to transfer windows in the game currently. In real life this limit doesn't exist and with max 25 players it makes the league borderline unplayable. Every league in the game with this restriction has some sort of way to bring in new players. Norwegian doesn't.

2) Players you loan out from Norwegian clubs will get homegrown in their actual club for Norwegian leagues. They won't get homegrown for UEFA leagues, but in domestic competition they will be. Hopefully this can be included. I've waited many years for this.

If you have proof of this, it's best reported here as it is more of a research/data issue than request for a feature: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437290-Norway-(Official)-Data-Issues

I'm of the opposite opinion, stats should be collated in FM as they are IRL, where only league fixtures count, but by selecting each individual season you can see his cup stats too.

This is fine as well, but you lose the option to look year on year unless they go into a back room staff role where the full history is kept. A method of retaining all their playing information would be nice (perhaps only for those that reach a certain number of games or that you select retain "full history" for instead of just the summarized history, which is a current option.

I'd like the option that if a player has scored 2 goals in a match and you get a penalty, then that player be able to take it, as he will be on for his hat-trick.

We have the option to set assigned players to take penalties (which I always use) surely it's only the matter of entering a "tick" somewhere - or before the kick is taken during the match, a box pop up asking you.

Don't get me wrong, if you're 3-2 down and you need to score to get a point, you would want your best penalty taker to take it.....but if you're 4-0 up and your donkey of a centre half has already scored 2 headers and is in with the chance of getting his one and only hat-trick in his career, then I'd like to see that happen!!

I'd like the option that if a player has scored 2 goals in a match and you get a penalty, then that player be able to take it, as he will be on for his hat-trick.

We have the option to set assigned players to take penalties (which I always use) surely it's only the matter of entering a "tick" somewhere - or before the kick is taken during the match, a box pop up asking you.

Don't get me wrong, if you're 3-2 down and you need to score to get a point, you would want your best penalty taker to take it.....but if you're 4-0 up and your donkey of a centre half has already scored 2 headers and is in with the chance of getting his one and only hat-trick in his career, then I'd like to see that happen!!

This already happens. It also depends on the scoreline and importance of the fixture, as well as the team personality.

If by proof you mean the official rules for the Norwegian Premier League, I can link it, but it's in Norwegian. https://www.fotball.no/globalassets/regler-og-retningslinjer/turneringsbestemmelser/turneringsbestemmelser-tippeligaen-.pdf

That sort of thing will be very useful in the thread I linked. Please re-post it there, if you don't mind. :thup:

I would like to see a revamp of records page.

A top 10 or top 5 most capped players, in current squad & history.

Same for goalscoring.

Introducing things like these will definitely make the game more interesting and is great to see club legends!

Hey guys!

Just want to preface this by saying thanks for all you do, for as long as I can remember Football Manager has been one of the best things to ever happen to me (don't tell my girlfriend or my boss). The game is obviously already fantastic (and surely more realistic than the last real life BPL season), so for that I commend you, and I very much respect you offering to hear our suggestions anyway. Here are some ideas I've had; apologies if some have been addressed already or are just based on a misunderstanding on my part.

Scouting

- The number one frustration I have with Football Manager is how the only star rating system for player ability/potential is relative and fluctuates. It is very disheartening to 100% scout a player who has a certain star level, and then they arrive, and the star level is somehow suddenly different, presumably because of a team shift or other unforeseen issue. For example, if a player leaves/joins, and suddenly other players appear to become better/worse relative to the new team average used to calculate this, it can throw off my whole plan, and suddenly all my scouting reports are obsolete as they based their ratings on that old team stature. During the transition between seasons this is especially difficult to read: Did a player get better, or do they just seem better cos a better player left and the average dipped? Did a player age and get worse, or are they just dipping in form over break, or did the better player I sign just make them seem worse off comparatively? Does my transfer target now seem better/worse because THEY changed, or WE changed? Etc. If I could get one thing changed it would be to have a separate sort of general, maybe league average-based rating, or have those snapshot relative ratings in reports shift somehow (if what was a 3 star rating when the report was filed last week is now a 2.5, have that reflected retroactively in our records to keep time with the changing levels of the squad). It drives me insane trying to sort out the quality I’m dealing with to make transfer plans, even when I have staff with 20/20 judging ability, and I shouldn’t have to re-scout a player every time my roster is altered, nor should a player arrive with different stats than the 20/20 scouts with 100% knowledge of him reported.

Aesthetics

- It may sound silly, but in the formation/tactic view make the visual player placeholders resemble shirts again instead of just boxes. It just feels a lot better!

Realism

- In real life games are often postponed or interrupted by weather, riots, brawls, and other “random” occurrences that I feel like are underrepresented in the game. You never see players sent off for mixups or arguments, never get a stadium ban for racist chants, etc. Obviously none of these are good things, but they’re part of the game nonetheless, and would add to the dynamic (and frustrating) realism.

Transfers

- You can work out preemptive transfer deals that get enacted once the window opens, but not for loan deals. Why is that? Also I’ve NEVER been offered a player trade ever (and only ever had one accepted once or twice), and that seems like it should happen more often, especially as I usually play lower league teams.

- In real life clubs often sign a player only to ship him back out immediately either as part of a loan deal or otherwise, but I find this hard to replicate in the game as the player will refuse to leave so soon after arriving. It also seems unrealistically difficult to sell players who are currently injured - they're just temporarily hurt, not perpetually damaged goods.

- Allow real life methods of clever rule bending. For example, if your non-EU quota is full, make it so you can do those shady deals where you pay a smaller team to sign the player for you and then have the club send the player to you on loan with obligation to buy, etc.

- Improve positive club relationships. I know you can become connected to clubs officially, and clubs dislike to do deals with rivals, but there should be a flip to this; for example, Juventus does a lot of dealing with Udinese and Sassuolo because of their good relationships, which should be reflected in the game by making negotiating easier / better with them.

Player Mechanics

- Improve personal communication with players. For example, if I’m Juventus and have Pogba, but I want to sign another French international or former teammate of his, I should be able to ask him to talk to his friend and convince him of the move - not just flatly ask him to recommend a player. Also you yourself can go to the media to say you are interested in a player, and you can talk to a player when they aren’t interested in signing once you’ve had a deal accepted, but you can’t go to the player before that process and discuss your desire for them in any meaningful way. There could also be potential negative consequences if a club finds you are courting their player.

- Players talk to the media a lot in real life in press conferences, yet never in the game (except for those vague “player tells press they’re upset” things). Allow them to go with you to the press conferences or take their own which you can read/see, etc.

- I could be misinterpreting this bit, but it seems odd that if a player has a nose injury, for example, that their fitness/stamina seems to take the hit - say they appear at 72% during squad selection. Can they not just wear a mask and run about the normal amount at the normal strength? Maybe have some sort of separate modifier for that? You shouldn't always have to choose between playing them as is, giving them shots, or leaving them home.

Other

- And lastly (honestly amazed if you've cared enough to read this far) some may find it interesting to have some sort of match commentary like FIFA does, though this is absolute lowest priority, and I personally usually listen to music while I play.

Thanks again! Hope you find at least some of that list to be constructive.

Cheers,

Weston

Do you know how to manually set this up then please HUNT3R??

I've looked in loads of places within the game and I cannot find the option

You can't manually do it.

Scouting

- The number one frustration I have with Football Manager is how the only star rating system for player ability/potential is relative and fluctuates. It is very disheartening to 100% scout a player who has a certain star level, and then they arrive, and the star level is somehow suddenly different, presumably because of a team shift or other unforeseen issue. For example, if a player leaves/joins, and suddenly other players appear to become better/worse relative to the new team average used to calculate this, it can throw off my whole plan, and suddenly all my scouting reports are obsolete as they based their ratings on that old team stature. During the transition between seasons this is especially difficult to read: Did a player get better, or do they just seem better cos a better player left and the average dipped? Did a player age and get worse, or are they just dipping in form over break, or did the better player I sign just make them seem worse off comparatively? Does my transfer target now seem better/worse because THEY changed, or WE changed? Etc. If I could get one thing changed it would be to have a separate sort of general, maybe league average-based rating, or have those snapshot relative ratings in reports shift somehow (if what was a 3 star rating when the report was filed last week is now a 2.5, have that reflected retroactively in our records to keep time with the changing levels of the squad). It drives me insane trying to sort out the quality I’m dealing with to make transfer plans, even when I have staff with 20/20 judging ability, and I shouldn’t have to re-scout a player every time my roster is altered, nor should a player arrive with different stats than the 20/20 scouts with 100% knowledge of him reported.

It's best to view the star rating system as a single reference point among many when looking at players, personally once a player is part of my senior squad I never look at the star ratings as what's more important are their attributes & match performances.

It's also worth requested an updated scouting report before submitting a bid for a player as signing a player based on a year old report is a risk & one that should remain part of game as it's a risk that exists irl.

- Actions before (players' get going to the stadium, warm um before the game, etc.) and after match (players' leaving the stadium, some of them take off their jerseys, etc.), cup celebrations are key absents of the game.

- More variety in the 3D match view, more various goals, shots

- Media interviews are in need of variations, dealing with the same questions after a time gets boring

- Too many tutoring fails despite that checking the related players' personalities, determinations, etc.

- Detailed sell value while adding the players' to the "unwanted list" to let the Director of Football to sell them instead of just setting "sell for value". At least, we should be able to see the minimum acceptable cash.

It's best to view the star rating system as a single reference point among many when looking at players, personally once a player is part of my senior squad I never look at the star ratings as what's more important are their attributes & match performances.

It's also worth requested an updated scouting report before submitting a bid for a player as signing a player based on a year old report is a risk & one that should remain part of game as it's a risk that exists irl.

I usually use star ratings as the go to barometer of ability since I usually have 20/20 staff making the reports and I usually trust the game's best measurement of what the game looks for itself, if that makes sense. Sometimes a player's stats look better to me but my staff tell me another seemingly less strong player is better, and I'm inclined to trust their supposedly fuller, more accurate view over my interpretation of the data it processes. Is that naive? It's hard to judge where the game ends and real life judgement begins sometimes.

That being said, I of course get updated scout reports before submitting a bid for a player. For example, as the season is winding down I get a barrage of reports on a myriad of players I am considering entering the market for, so that come July 1st I have a pretty good picture of what talent is available. But then when July 1st comes, tons of players leave and join, whether it's because I just signed a big fancy new guy, or cos I'm a small club relying on loans from larger teams and they've now departed for home. This means that within a day this transitional period can have my team average rating looking drastically different very suddenly, either for better or worse, which makes it incredibly difficult to judge player ability shifts over offseason, and makes all my locked and loaded fresh 100% scout reports from the day before suddenly obsolete. It's maddening to try to keep straight, especially playing upper second tier / lower top tier squads with lots of turnover and loans.

It's for this reason that I think the game needs at least one star rating that is set and immovable in the way that it's a solid, reliable fencepost in the spectrum of ability that allows you to judge players regardless of team shifts; when you grow taller you don't get a different ruler every year. The current relative measurement can still be useful, of course, but it doesn't tell the whole story and shouldn't be the ONLY way; my backup center mid shouldn't suddenly appear better when the starter leaves, I should be able to shift my perceptions of what his ability means in this new context (because what if he actually coincidentally did improve - how would I know?); I should be able to look at a scout report of a young player from a year ago and see his potential rating and extrapolate that into a rough current estimate to decide if he is worth re-scouting, not have to guess what that rating meant then and translate it guessing by the trajectory my squad has taken since then.

I'd like to see more communication between parent and feeder clubs

Examples

1) Renegotiating what conditions are used (eg maybe go from a friendly a year to allowing players to be sent on loans

2) Parent clubs giving feeder clubs funds to improve youth teams etc

3) HoD trialing feeder clubs youth players throughout the season

4) Renegotiating affiliates fees

5) Manager meetings to discuss who is a potential or who should be loaned

6) Negotiating which facilities can be used.(eg Parent club plays reserve matches at feeder club who will keep gate receipts)

Do you know how to manually set this up then please HUNT3R??

I've looked in loads of places within the game and I cannot find the option

It doesn't happen manually, it's automatic. For example, if you're 4-0 up in a league match and win a penalty in the 85th minute, whoever is on a hat-trick will usually take it. If you're 2-1 up and win a penalty in the 60th minute, your regular taker will take it, regardless of hat-tricks.

I've observed this to actually work quite well in FM16.

Archived