What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Considering Sports Interactive are experimenting with animations, it would be very interesting to see players arguing over who should take the penalty when penalties are awarded to their respective team. Player reputation, player personality and fan opinion could help determine who wins the argument on the pitch. When human users are selecting players to take penalties, perhaps you could allow human users the current level of control that users have as well as the ability to choose a number of players that users can select in a specified panel that would enable such animations to take place in 3D. If enabling animations in such situations is difficult then perhaps have it included as default so the press can talk about it, if players miss penalties. Just replicate real life situations. Just an idea. I haven’t experienced such animations taking place in 3D yet so if the animations are already included then ignore this.

All the things they could improve with animations, and you suggest players arguing over penalties? Really?

I think it's a fair request & could be part of a feature to have players personalities coming to the fore on the pitch, not sure anyone could pick out a natural leader or mouthy wind-up merchant on the pitch in FM while it would be fairly easy to do in real life.

All the things they could improve with animations, and you suggest players arguing over penalties? Really?

With all due respect, as a paying customer of the football manager series as well as an individual who enjoys immersive content I think I have a right to offer an opinion on what I may enjoy. You also have the right to disagree and have an opinion of your own. So yes, really. Managers and players have often admitted in press conferences that some players take penalty duties when they are not assigned to take penalties. Furthermore, some managers choose a selection of players to take penalties but sometimes those players are not available for the game so arguments happen on the pitch for the world to see. Some managers do not have a list of penalty takers and allow players to decide. Mario Balotelli.

I can understand if you and the world disagrees but it is just one person’s opinion.

“It's okay to disagree with the thoughts or opinions expressed by other people. That doesn't give you the right to deny any sense they might make. Nor does it give you a right to accuse someone of poorly expressing their beliefs just because you don't like what they are saying. Learn to recognize good writing when you read it, even if it means overcoming your pride and opening your mind beyond what is comfortable.”

It's great that now club jobs are not filled before you have a chance to apply. For example, in past games (I took 14 and 15 off and recently started playing 16), if I was unemployed, I would press "continue" and, unless there was something demanding my attention, it would move forward a week, but oftentimes jobs would be posted *and* filled by the time that week was finished. Fortunately, that has been fixed so that I never miss out on applying for jobs as they appear to always be available as long as I apply within a week of them being posted. Well, that's the case for club teams.

Unfortunately, that is not remotely the case for national teams, and this needs to be adjusted as well. I tried out an international management game (only considering national teams), and it took a while for a job to become available and then, once it was, it came and went in about two days, all of that occurring while I was in my seven-day period after hitting "continue." And that situation frustratingly repeated itself often.

It is not at all realistic for clubs to wait at least a week to hire somebody when they have 1-2 games a week, but national teams, who usually have at least a month until their next match, will rush to hire somebody within a day or two of a job becoming open. Please do whatever needs to be done to ensure that national team openings are treated the same as club ones as far as keeping them open to all applicants for at least a week. (Or is there a setting in which I can change the default time period from the time I hit "continue" to the game returning from seven days to one?)

Thanks.

Knighthoods. If Fergie got one for winning the UCL and Clive Woodward got one for winning the RWC, how come you can win 10 Champions Leagues and a few World Cups and still not at least be offered an honour?

Plus if you are a massively successful manager - you should get money no object offers (both in terms of contract and resources) from ambitious owners around the world - I think the game could really improve on making you feel your success really means something.

With all due respect, as a paying customer of the football manager series as well as an individual who enjoys immersive content I think I have a right to offer an opinion on what I may enjoy. You also have the right to disagree and have an opinion of your own. So yes, really. Managers and players have often admitted in press conferences that some players take penalty duties when they are not assigned to take penalties. Furthermore, some managers choose a selection of players to take penalties but sometimes those players are not available for the game so arguments happen on the pitch for the world to see. Some managers do not have a list of penalty takers and allow players to decide. Mario Balotelli.

I can understand if you and the world disagrees but it is just one person’s opinion.

“It's okay to disagree with the thoughts or opinions expressed by other people. That doesn't give you the right to deny any sense they might make. Nor does it give you a right to accuse someone of poorly expressing their beliefs just because you don't like what they are saying. Learn to recognize good writing when you read it, even if it means overcoming your pride and opening your mind beyond what is comfortable.”

You don't need to put a whimsical quote up, I get the concept of opinions. People are going to disagree with you on the internet, so not sure where the defensiveness is coming from. Kind of how you put up your opinion, and I put up mine. And to expand on mine, while players still revolve on the spot for a few seconds, and then fall over to concede a free kick due to animation issues, I'd kind of rather they worked on basic things like that other than something that happens very rarely comparatively.

Knighthoods. If Fergie got one for winning the UCL and Clive Woodward got one for winning the RWC, how come you can win 10 Champions Leagues and a few World Cups and still not at least be offered an honour?

But that could only apply to UK managers. Besides, I'm one of those mardy gits who remains seriously opposed to the UK Honours system. I'd be about as likely to accept a knighthood IRL as I would be likely to grow a monstrous ginger 'tache during November. I do think there should be more acknowledgement for success in future editions, though. The club icons / legends still needs work in my opinion, and more could be made of this. Players who win the POTY award once are often more revered than the human manager who has completely transformed a club, and I think the game could be improved in future editions if the game-world was more acknowledging of great success, but I'd be uncomfortable with knighthoods.

I understand that point of view Danchinaski - I'd still like to be asked though...... plus you could always turn it down and have a small story about it in the game! I'd just like there to be more things that acknowledge the amazing achievements of a manager - for a management game it seems really really truly terrible at making you the manager feel special imo.

That's left to yourself & your imagination. SI have always maintained that the user is incidental to the gameworld rather than most other games where you are central to gameworld.

That's left to yourself & your imagination. SI have always maintained that the user is incidental to the gameworld rather than most other games where you are central to gameworld.

Bang on. Imagine yourself as Sir Dave Bloggs. Imagine your wife is good looking, your car is fast and your suits are pressed. Buy a yacht in your mind, make yourself an OBE, but don't expect the game to do it for you.

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but being able to start as the manager of an under 18 side then trying to build your career that way, not a big feature but would add more realism to the game, but great game either way!

I get the feeling this is a common wish. I certainly posted this a few pages ago and I'm sure lots more have asked before me. I would like to use this opportunity to reiterate my wish for this feature.

Just please for the love of god finally enable us to properly manager academy and reserve sides!! :)

The currert system uses a 1-200 scale, we just see a rounded 1.0-20.0 system.

I'd like to maybe see the training module in FM have a more "organic" experience rather than sliders. Like for a certain day, I want to be able to dictate what practice drills to actually do and come up with a timetable. There are a lot of the "basic" to complicated ones outlined in the FA and SFA coaching courses - this could be a simple drag and drop into a training calendar for that day.

Also how about arranging a small sided game to boost morale and improve creativity at the end of the session? 7 vs 7, 5 vs 5, 3 vs 3? Are you going to limit it to 2-touch or will you allow players to just play. That's going to be valuable for strikers who want to try tricks and try different things to improve their chances in the final third of a full size pitch.

Or maybe your training is going to consist of lots and lots of small sided games rather than filling the day with dull drills. The choice would be up to you.

I think this would be an awesome improvement. For the players who don't want such a detailed experience, there can be an option to leave all these matters to your assistant coach or one of your first team coaches.

It may be a huge upheaval to add real-life training drills into the database with feedback from coaches etc but I think it would make for a more engaging experience.

Let the AI make subs for you when you use Instant Result - ridiculous that no subs will be made even if you've gone to extra time!

Also, PLEASE, put in some kind of mechanism where by if I'm on holiday and a player wants to talk to me about something, it gets delayed until I'm back. I like to holiday to my next match to make it quicker but always tend to miss a player moaning which then kills morale... You could just place a time limit on it so if you're not back off holiday within, say, two weeks of him approaching you, he can kick up a fuss.

I'd love to see an ITTT formation builder:

IF the opposition are playing one up top, THEN one centre back marks while the other covers

IF the opposition are playing two up top, THEN both take one man to mark each

IF the opposition aren't playing a striker, THEN push up as a unit to compress space

I know this can all be done manually but I would expect this to be trained into players during training rather than making changes from the sidelines during a game.

A change in how good a player can become by not setting limits anymore

for example Cameron Borthwick Jackson is rated potential ability of 1 star yet this season he's prove he's a much better player than that, id like to be able to use youth players and know they can get better then their star rating suggests because it's based on a matter of opinion and shows how wrong researchers can be at times

for example Cameron Borthwick Jackson is rated potential ability of 1 star yet this season he's prove he's a much better player than that, id like to be able to use youth players and know they can get better then their star rating suggests because it's based on a matter of opinion and shows how wrong researchers can be at times

Do you think Borthwick-Jackson is really a future United first team player? One star relative to United's highest of standards doesn't sound far off to me. He's only in the squad due to an injury crisis and poor recruitment periods.

Feature Request - tactical visual feedback

In short, I think it would be good for the series if we had some more "out of game" visual feedback on the tactical side of things. No doubt steps towards this are taken each iteration but perhaps a bigger leaps could be made.

Obviously the biggest change since back in the day *champ man 96 crew representin' holla* is the 3d match engine. However as someone who never has, likely never will (old dogs new tricks and all that), watch in game action of the match engine I feel at a disadvantage when it comes to setting up and tweaking team tactics. For the last 3-5yrs ive been playing with community tactics but made the decision to reclaim that joy for myself in FM15 onwards.

Common advice on tactics forums from experienced players is to watch games to get a visual feel and adjust from there. If you dont its more a case of suck and see until you become more experienced. So for players like me its a slower process of dialing new tactics in.

1. Although i understand why you got rid of with ball/without ball tactics layout, it would be nice to have a purely attacking and defensive visual tab that shows you how your team line up off the ball and how different roles and duties change this. The current system seems somewhat of a hybrid compromise which i feel really limits the visual feedback of the different roles offensive and defensive duites. Maybe keeping the current layout as the default and only editable screen but offering visual feedback tabs for the Off/Def.

2. Stretching things out further perhaps you could use the match engine to render some gifs/mini clips giving visual representation of how certain team/player instructions would translate to in game. Fifa used something similar to what im talking about in there tactics screen. youtube "FIFA How To Make A Custom Tactic" if you need to see a video of what im talking about.

Having more visual feedback of what your tactics look and perform like out of game reduces the need to have nuanced knowledge of the ME or spend the time it takes to watch in game action of the matches.

Do you think Borthwick-Jackson is really a future United first team player? One star relative to United's highest of standards doesn't sound far off to me. He's only in the squad due to an injury crisis and poor recruitment periods.

He could be he's only just turned 19 and has played very well since coming into the team so why shouldn't he keep his place and possibly move to center back in the future. There's many stories by former United players who were watching a youth game and Fergie said they were thinking about letting Paul Scholes go or Gareth Bale who was a crap left back for Spurs move him up the pitch now he's one of the nest in the world no one knows or can predict how far a player will truely go

Feature Request - tactical visual feedback

In short, I think it would be good for the series if we had some more "out of game" visual feedback on the tactical side of things. No doubt steps towards this are taken each iteration but perhaps a bigger leaps could be made.

Obviously the biggest change since back in the day *champ man 96 crew representin' holla* is the 3d match engine. However as someone who never has, likely never will (old dogs new tricks and all that), watch in game action of the match engine I feel at a disadvantage when it comes to setting up and tweaking team tactics. For the last 3-5yrs ive been playing with community tactics but made the decision to reclaim that joy for myself in FM15 onwards.

If you wan't to see how your tactic performs you can either watch the match or analyse the stats. How could the game possibly know a priori what the problem is with your tactic?

and if he improves his CA & PA will go up in future versions of the game.

Researchers don't have crystal balls I'm afraid so its a necessary limitation of the system.

I'd like to see more options are required while using Director of Football to sell or loan a player such as in FM17:

- Transfer options: The amount of cash & other options such as monthly installment, buy back fee, etc - similar to when we offer the player to other clubs for transfer

- Loan options: The percentage of weekly wage, squad status, loan length, etc - similar to when we offer the player to other clubs for loan

Stadiums, Im sure the modders could make real stadiums, or similar, and I think this would make the game much more immersive, plus, if you improved the stadium or relocated. Maybe even have the pitch deteriorate over the season, or pay to be relaid.

SI aren't allowed to make real stadiums. If you want stadiums to look more real then try the editor forum.

Stadiums are improved and relocated all the time on FM. I would say almost one team a season relocates to a new ground and teams are always getting their places expanded.

Also, the pitch does deteriorate over the season (always has done since as long as I can remember on FM) and you do have to pay for it to be relaid. The option to ask the board to relay it has also been there for years. I don't know how you can have missed all of that for so long.

A minor thing, such as asking a play to go warm up during a match could be fun. I know it says "player x has finished his warm up" when he is subbed on, but I think it could be a little fun feature if we could right-click on a substitute and then click on the option "Send to warm up"...

When scouting a player that has 6 months or less on their contract, it would be nice to see something other than "compensation - £0". That's great if I want to sign him on a free, but what if I don't want to wait until the end of the season. So would be good if scouts added something like "but if you want to sign him now, he'd cost you x amount."

So at the moment, I'm in desperate need for a left back but have limited funds. Looking at left backs that are running out of contract as I should hopefully be able to sign them on the cheap, but want to know which one would cost less since everyone I've done a scout report on all seem to be good enough and would be happy with any one of the three scouted. Cost would help decide without having to put bids in for all three to see.

If us can obtain another license, it would be good to add the option to study any language.

Arrange a stage for reserve/U21/U18 tram as happens IRL

When I ask to directive for a team to sign a agrement (first option, scout, loan, etc), would be good to ask any continent or region to offers me clubs from my choise

10 things that still need to be done!

Hi,

I am listing these things that need to be addressed, some of which have been passed over for a number of years but are I believe are still important enough to merit fixing.

I have in the past reported some myself but I hope that people who agree with any of the 10 listed will supply PKMs/Posts to further lift their profile with the programmers.

I know that some of these may have been Under Review etc but that does not guarantee them being addressed and the more examples the better!

1) Keepers are still too slow to get up from the ground. Keepers reactions are specifically trained in this area.

2) Keepers diving at wide shots (2-3 yards is not uncommon) - obviously unrealistic. I have posted on this one this season.

3) Players running back past an opposing player who has possession of the ball. Of course in reality they would just tackle the opponent.

4) Players falling down before a tackle occurs. This is a simple collision detection problem I guess but looks ridiculous.

5) Too many deflections that go for a corner. Whilst many blocks by a defender would deflect over the by-line for a corner quite a few would go elsewhere (in another direction.)

6) Time wasting at at set pieces. Players standing prone for these amounts of time would simple be booked.

If you have to have time wasting then make the player move slower preparing for the set piece.

7) Another time one. Everybody standing around (again usually at set pieces) awaiting an invisible substitution to take place.

8) Players running back to collect a loose ball (and other occasions too) slowing down as though they are running in mud.

9) Players standing still after being tackled or making a pass whilst everybody else is continuing to play.

10) Well, it was too many off-sides but I think this may have been tweaked (although not enough.)

Obviously, the hierarchy of fixes starts with crashes etc but these longstanding bugs still need attention, after all the 3D match is the heart of the game and if

its not believable...

One thing I'd like to see, is the ability to give your Manager a history in management!

Why? Because the game lets us take over Manchester United, Chelsea, Barcelona and Bayern Munich... without the slightest shred of managerial experience. Wouldn't it be great if we went straight into the game, took over at Manchester United and had a 10-to-20-year history at somewhere like Oldham Athletic, building them up and bringing them to the Premier League, that the press could mention in our opening Press Conference, and the board could give us that little extra bit of leeway?

After all, how HAVE we managed to get a Continental Pro License without the slightest shred of managerial experience?

If you think that sounds good, there must be others out there as well as myself who like to remove Ryan Giggs, Louis van Gaal or even Sir Alex Ferguson himself from the game via Editor, then go into the game and take over Manchester United as them. Think how much better this would be if we already had a couple of months' experience as the Caretaker Manager, a couple of years' experience at Bayern, Barcelona and the Netherlands, or even 25 years' experience at Manchester United itself!

Do you want to carry the legacy and previous experience and success of Louis van Gaal? You can do that - manage Barcelona, Bayern and the Dutch National Team, but once you've done that, the Manchester United squad (and all the other squads, for that matter) will have changed radically! One of the 'slogans' that the game apparently lives by is that we can jump into a manager's shoes and see if we can do a better job than them, but we'll never be able to do that because it's currently impossible to have exactly the same credentials and history as Louis, while managing Manchester United in 2015-16.

Of course, this should be an optional addition. You can start the game with no license and no history, but the way I see it at the moment, the press and the Manchester United board seem to be okay with the fact that you've just taken over the most successful club in Premier League history despite never having held a coaching position before. Even Ryan Giggs was coaching for a while before he took the reins as Caretaker Manager.

Several ways to build from this could be:

- The club (both board and players) treat you with more respect and are more likely to grant you board requests if you have a very successful history at other big clubs, or even fantastic success at little clubs, and especially if you have decided to give yourself successful history at their club.

- If you give yourself history at the club reflecting that you have been working there for the past few years and are not new, your club could just skip all the welcome rubbish completely.

- You could give yourself a history of decent results at Under-21 and Youth clubs, then start the game unemployed.

- The press don't treat you like you're completely unheard of when you take your first press conference.

- Adds another dynamic to your starting managerial reputation.

- Your history at other clubs could also affect your (and in turn, the club's) Scouting Knowledge.

- Being able to give your player an actual playing career wouldn't hurt, either. Randomly generated National Team caps and goals are nice, but actually having playing history at a club prior to taking over would be fantastic.

As it stands, the only legitimate way we could really take over a top club would be to pretend to be a former footballer (i.e: Paul Scholes, David Beckham, even Gary Neville) which I am currently doing with Paul Scholes and Huddersfield. But this addition could give the game an incredible extra dynamic that opens up so much more options in the game that were previously unaccessible.

Let me know what you think!

I think it's a funny Little detail that a player can have a favorite shirt number... But if it doesn't do anything within the game, I see no point in it. Maybe give the player a small morale boost if he gets his favorite number, or even have the player request a specific number when he is signed. Then you could have a few answers to choose between. If the number is already taken, you can offer him another one.

Can we get add head coaches to teams who don't have because I use a custom DB and there is a lot of teams in there, almost all the teams are without head coaches even after 10 seasons.. in FM 15 every team will hire head coach but in this version not why have you changed that option?

Can we get add head coaches to teams who don't have because I use a custom DB and there is a lot of teams in there, almost all the teams are without head coaches even after 10 seasons.. in FM 15 every team will hire head coach but in this version not why have you changed that option?

That's a known bug, reported by many people on here, l think it'll be fixed soon enough.

Add Galatasaray's FFP ban which just announed for next seaons.

Conditions are;

1 Year European Cups ban.

If club will qulify EU cups this season, ban will applied.

If club does not qualify for the EU cups this seasons, the ban will stay active for the next season. So If also team does not qualify EU cups next seasons too, the ban will be end after the following season.

Add an new visual update for; When playing 3D matches, and using screen windows such Match stats, league position, latest scores, team stats, the windows stay in position of the gameplay, so blocks vision on the players and the pitch. Only fix is to minimise the windows, but maximising and minismising them is always tiring, so only simple new feature is; When the windows is minimised, only hovering mouse pointer over would enlarge the window, and when hovering out, it will minimise without any click.. Cheers

I'd like the game to be out in March, instead of September, with last patch and transfer update issued in September. Usually when the game is patched and ready...it begins the spring and is better to stay outside than at home. :D

Guest El Payaso

Players less willing to move clubs. We need more of these "I am happy with my current club and not looking to move". We see players like Morata and Bernat moving to Arsenal all the time although this will probably never happen IRL. Generally less transfers and AI more willing to keep their important players.

Archived