What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Virtual training pitch, marked out with cones and our manager character giving the orders. A Meeting room where the whole team sits and you can click team weaknesses etc. Options will open to opposition tactics previously used and how to exploit.

Expand our financial control, kit sales, ticket prices, drinks, food, hotel costs for away days, choice of transport, sponsorship deals which we can choose from.

Please allow an option to offer the player to all interested teams instead of individually doing a search and select for each team.
That's what the offer to clubs feature already takes care of by default, there should be no need to manually add interested clubs.

Speaking as a fan of the game since my early teenage years (when Adriano was playing for Parma) having come back to it for the first time in 4 years the one thing about the game i would definitely not invest in is making the 3D better. I remember in old version once the 3D became available i woulvd always use the old 2D version. This is not FIFA, i am pretty sure they have a career mode in FIFA. If in 50 years EA and SI want to get together and make the ultimate mixture of both worlds i would be all for that however i think that the core of this game is the match engine, the ability of the user to develop his young talent, and his ability to change the flow of games through tactics. All of those 3 sections of the game currently are incomplete particularly the match engine.

In fact, one other thing I'd like on next years game is the option to give your manager glasses and a beard. Can't remember if I've already put this in here so apologies if I have.

And at least have a choice from more than 5 hairstyles (well, even those mohawks on newgen heads actually look better :D )

When I scout players the media always assume we are interested in this particular player.

Need an option to stop this, like having less reputable scouts going unknown to the media or particular club.

Really annoying when I'm playing online and the media let slip who I've scouted giving away my options.

I have a few suggestions..

1. Primary and secondary choice of players to pass to. Normally we use a targetman, but I would like to have the option where you can tell a player which player he has to try to find on the field for passing, with a primary and secondary target so he will look for the best option.

2.Tactical instructions should be leading in a match, not pre-match interviews. Right now the pre-match interviews really make the game less fun.These interviews should be less influencing the team performance of that day but more on the individual side. Personal relations between the player and the coach should be more influencing the performance of players on the field, like teamplay, how good a player is following instructions and the motivation of a player on the field.

Maybe you can make problems rise between the player and the coach. Which one can try to solve via interviews, teamtalks, personal talks and downright warnings and fines.This way you can add many different random events like wife pregnancy, car accidents, pub fights, player personality issues in the team, marriage problems, gambling problems and groupie stalkers and performance hypes, where players get hyped after a good match and burned down after a bad one. And also personelle problems between staff and the coach and between the owner and the board, where talking to the media about internal issues by staff or board can create payer or team issues. (for example a board member calling a player lazy after a bad match where you have to choose between staying neutral or siding with either the boardmember or the payer.) Having to choose between two players in a team after a fight breaks out in training, where two opposing groups arise in the team so one half of the team gets issues with the other half resulting in less teamplay on the field between players or transfer requests. This way the boring repeating interviews can become more targeted and the issues arisen in the performance of the team is more related to how you manage players and how good your tactical coaching is instead of how good you can interpret a really awful described and translated questions about the oncoming match.

3. Teams in the world should be rated better and more balanced, historical performances are a good indicator of how good teams really are, although the money is more in the competitions like England, Spain and Germany. Smaller leagues still have teams that are overall better then subtop teams from England or Spain leagues. I would like to see clubs like PSV, Ajax, Boca Junios, Gremio, Lyon, Sporting and Porto to have better rated players. One can see in the performances and the quality of the sold players of those teams that they are very underrated. A team like Ajax who has won the world cup for teams and several Europa cup I and PSV who have won the europa cup I and Uefa cuo, is now playing the 1/8th final against atl. Madrid after defeating teams like Wolfsburg, CSKA and Man utd. This is something clubs like Ajax, PSV and Benfica have done more often in the past and thus have proven they are more then a few incidental good players in a team. They are teams that have great history and football knowledge and attract a lot of good talents and grow top players as Ajax has shown in the recent past with Suarez, Chivu, Sneijder, Huntelaar and Ibrahimovic, and PSV with Robben, van Nistelrooij, Memphis, Wijnaldum and van Bommel. It would be more of a realistic and more respectful to clubs like that who have had such a great influence over the game in the past. As a football lover I miss the realism in this. Money is a sign of where the best players will go, but performances in the past show where the best players are grown.

And finally a much more realistic transfer system, where teams from small leagues and clubs don't ask as much for a player then the topclubs. Transfer prices should be more based on performance, age, team where he plays, how many teams are bidding, how close you are to the transerdeadline and what club is bidding. Teams with sugar daddy's should automaticly have to pay more. Clubs from Germany. Portugal, England and Spain pay more and ask more for their players. Italy, Belgium, Holland, Brazil, Argentina and France pay less and ask more. Smaller countries like Poland, Bulgaria, Uruguay. ask less and pay less. African teams are of course the cheapest. And Chinese and Major league are buying high selling low.

Also making an option so that you as manger can invest your money in useless attributes like apearance, women, boats and cars might be interesting. If you add the change in how the media works with/against the team. You can create situations in the media based on actions you make. For example you buy a yacht in Monaco and the media thinks you are going to change jobs and go for Monaco. Players and board start to panic and you have to do talks with your players and some board members you forgot to talk to start to dislike you and badly influences the transferbudget for the next year.

Media can play a big role in relationship[s between you and players, staff and board/owner. The relationship with the players should influence how well tactics are followed by the player, how well his teamplay is, and how motivated a player is towards the team. The relationship with the staff should influence their performance of their tasks, the training effects on the players and their injury recovery time. The relationship with the board/ owner should influence Jobsecurity, Transferbudget, your own contract fee.

This could bring a bigger depth to the media influence + it will bring a better divide between tactics and player managing.

Manager contract options.

Ok so this is something thats been bugging me for a while its a small thing in general but worth alot in my opinion.

So you're contract is running out, few months left doing a good job and board offer you a new one, currently we get 3 options, open talks, discuss vision and decline. More options are required.

Option One Request to delay contract talks - by waiting till the end of the season can benefit both the club and the manager.

Option Two Leave at the end of contract - A manager might fell its time to move on but wishes to see his contract out, leaving at the end of the contract allows the club to look at other options and manager to plan his next move/sabbatical. This option could also be asked about in press conferences and if made private either the club or manager could make it public.

Option Three Take time to consider options - Similar to a delay only this could allow the club to make an offer, the manager then takes some time to consider if he wants to accept or move on. Manager could then go into the board room to declare his intentions at a later time, while some boards could be pushy and request answers.

Option Four Discuss and sign new contract - Just as it says on the tin

and of course we can keep the discuss current vision part of the options as well.

I'd also like to see players leaving clubs when their contracts expires instead of going onto that month to month stuff, I know thats to protect players who haven't been offered a contract at a club they want to stay at, but in the ideals of realism please get rid of it.

I would like the scouting assignments screen to be divided between nations/leagues/regions and players to give me a better overview.

As it is now when I scout a large amount of players (100+) I have to do a lot of scrolling back and forth in the assignment tab if I want to check the progress of my nation/region/league scouting because it is cluttered with players.

I'd like the following features to be added to the in game editor...

- To be able to transfer a player to another team with a transfer fee.

- To be able to loan a player to another team.

- To be able to transfer national managers.

- To be able to edit squad numbers.

- To be able to edit transfer/loan status of players from other clubs.

- To be able to edit players transfer value.

- To be able to retire players/staff

- To be able to place teams under transfer embargo

- To be able to add injuries or bans

I would like the game to replicate the Indian football environment better.

-Add state leagues in the game, like Brazil, they are quite important. At least The Calcutta Football league, on of the oldest in India

-Add the IFA shield. It is one of the oldest competitions in the world, in fact only 3 competitions(English FA Cup, Scottish FA Cup and Durand cup in India) are older. This year, we will see Crystal Palace take part in this competition.

-Add the ISL. It is a major event in the Indian Football Calendar and also the third Largest Football league in the world by Attendance.

I know this has been mentioned before but I thought I'd ask again.

I play 3D (close cam) and I really struggle to see the ball on some pitches. I really hope SI will one day give us the option to edit the ball colour/brightness without having to rely on community mods (I can't find one for FM16, so if anyone knows if one exists I'd be grateful)

Manager contract options.

Ok so this is something thats been bugging me for a while its a small thing in general but worth alot in my opinion.

So you're contract is running out, few months left doing a good job and board offer you a new one, currently we get 3 options, open talks, discuss vision and decline. More options are required.

Option One Request to delay contract talks - by waiting till the end of the season can benefit both the club and the manager.

Option Two Leave at the end of contract - A manager might fell its time to move on but wishes to see his contract out, leaving at the end of the contract allows the club to look at other options and manager to plan his next move/sabbatical. This option could also be asked about in press conferences and if made private either the club or manager could make it public.

Option Three Take time to consider options - Similar to a delay only this could allow the club to make an offer, the manager then takes some time to consider if he wants to accept or move on. Manager could then go into the board room to declare his intentions at a later time, while some boards could be pushy and request answers.

Option Four Discuss and sign new contract - Just as it says on the tin

and of course we can keep the discuss current vision part of the options as well.

I'd also like to see players leaving clubs when their contracts expires instead of going onto that month to month stuff, I know thats to protect players who haven't been offered a contract at a club they want to stay at, but in the ideals of realism please get rid of it.

Yes! Thank you for writing out almost exactly what I wanted to suggest. I struggle to believe that a manager announcing to leave at the end of their contract hasn't been implemented.

It comes up several times per save in my journeyman careers where after a decent number of seasons I fancy a new challenge. I'm happy to see out the season, even set up things for the next person to come in, but want the wider footballing world to know I am available. I don't want the game to think I've failed to have my contract renewed, I'm leaving on my terms and looking for a new club in the new season.

The game should be smart enough to handle me beginning to apply for new jobs after the announcement without penalising my standing with the current club either. I could just resign at the end of the season, but by then some of the jobs I'd take have gone and resigning earlier messes up my career stats page and makes that look messy.

What about if you added being able to scout players from leagues you dont have loaded

You already can, any real (not grey) player in the game can be scouted.

One thing I would like to see is this: possibility of creating a scenario: 3 v 5, 5 v 5, 1 vs 2 like in Pro Evolution Soccer Training Mode and see how different setups affects your defense, transition or attack phase. Just select players you want to see on the training pitch, and then scenario (5 vs 5 etc...). This should also be made possible for set pieces. That way we could try different things, ideas in "safe" environment, without fear that some new idea about formation or instructions will effect competitive matches in some negative manner.

Ah yes...and I'm pretty sure that this won't took to much time and recourses implementing in the game.

If I have an AML/R winger - stays wide, have him keep wide. If I have an AML/R winger - attack, it's how I expect the wingers play always in this version, but give some tactical allowances for wide attacking forwards/wingers. This version I hate wingers, I only play forwards and rely on my FB as the wide players and I know because of it, that closing opposition FB is a big advantage, where marking wide players can be key.

If I have a FB - stays wide, I want him to stay wide and anything that get's between the lines I have my DM to cover thankyou, I don't want him in the box, maybe at the edge.

FB tracking back for a run, goes to the box then out to the opposition with the ball!!!!!!! Does my head in as an ex FB, why would you do that!? Why not chase the fella carrying the ball down the wing?

The biggest thing I would like is to get rid of the importance of the formation you play, essentially it is there for the personal playing and sometimes it doesn't even match what is played on the pitch.

As far as actual tactics there are 4 parts to it; BPO (ball playing opposition), what your team does when the opposition has the ball, the defensive position let's say (though you may want to aggressively press, or you may want to drop back into an organised unit).

Then there is the transitions from defence to attack, or attack to defence. There could be many options here, who presses when, who holds the ball, what ever. But I think that would be too complex.

Then BP (ball possession, what you do when you have the ball, or the attacking phase/formation).

I remember Jupp Heynckes with bayern, there is no way that the defensive formation was the same to the attacking one and I could reference many teams.

UI guys, could you please let us get rid of the "StatusC" (captaincy status?) column in this widget, or at least resize it? It occupies an enormous amount of space, for absolutely useless information, when I'm trying to make the widget as small as possible so it doesn't overlay much of the pitch (on this screenie I'm on 2D mode but I use it open all the time in 3D mode as well). And maybe allow us to get rid of the player's number in the same widget as well.

Us00NwE.jpg

I like to be able to configure a default scouting length (say 2 weeks or two matches), and then have a button next to the player in the scouting reports update screen. So that I just have to press that button and a scout from my scouting pool will scout the player for that amount of time.

Today you have to right click on the player. Navigate trough the scouting options. (There are 4 menus that you have to navigate trough in order to select a scouting length). Of course if I wanted to scout a player for less or more than my default you could still do it like you do now.

It would save me an incredible amount of clicks during a season. (Because I always scout players for 1 week at a time in order to get the player assessed by as many scouts as possible).

I would also like the same button to appear in the player overview screen and in the news item where a scout has finished scouting a player.

Like to see the build up to what causes a set piece in the extended highlights instead of it just suddenly cutting to a corner/freekick. I can play an entire match without the opposition having a single chance and then the next highlight will be them suddenly having a corner, seemingly out of nowhere, that they score from. Just want to see how they get to that point.

I believe there is already an option in preference to change the default scouting assignment, iirc it's report card only, 1, 2 or 3 matches.

That is not what I mean. I am talking about this:

No fast scouting button:

nNOI2Pv.png

No fast scouting button:

pAMn6Ye.png

No fast scouting button:

z3ycglH.png

I want a fast scouting button next to each player here. So if I press that button, a scout from my scouting pool will be assigned to that player for the amount of time that I have decided should be default. (Based on the scouting options we have.)

If I want to scout one of this players as it is now I have to right click on the player, select "Scouting", select "Assign Scout", select "scouting pool" click on "report card", "1 week", "2 weeks" and so on, and I have to do this for every player that I want to scout. In these screens there are no multi select so I can't select the players I want and then right click. I have to do the same process for each player. For each player that takes me about 3-4 seconds to do. To press a button takes me 1 second. when you scout several thousand players in each version of FM it will save you a great deal of time and hassle if you just had a button.

No fast scouting button:

nNOI2Pv.png

No fast scouting button:

pAMn6Ye.png

No fast scouting button:

z3ycglH.png

I want a fast scouting button next to each player here. So if I press that button, a scout from my scouting pool will be assigned to that player for the amount of time that I have decided should be default. (Based on the scouting options we have.)

If I want to scout one of this players as it is now I have to right click on the player, select "Scouting", select "Assign Scout", select "scouting pool" click on "report card", "1 week", "2 weeks" and so on, and I have to do this for every player that I want to scout. In these screens there are no multi select so I can't select the players I want and then right click. I have to do the same process for each player. For each player that takes me about 3-4 seconds to do. To press a button takes me 1 second. when you scout several thousand players in each version of FM it will save you a great deal of time and hassle if you just had a button.

Agree with this. As i want to thoroughly scout each player that comes up in those updates it's quite tedious when i get a long list and have to go through each and every player.

I also scout every player for 2 months at a time and i wish i could set that up under Personal Assistant as well. Not just Report Card, 1 match, 2 matches or 3 matches.

Even if a quick scout button would be there it wouldn't really help me that much anyway, due to not being able to set default scouting for 2 months.

I would live to see multi monitor support. On match day I can have the full screen for the match while on the other I can have all the stats on the game i would like.

At the moment I want lots of stats open but then I cannot see what's going on on the pitch

I would live to see multi monitor support. On match day I can have the full screen for the match while on the other I can have all the stats on the game i would like.

At the moment I want lots of stats open but then I cannot see what's going on on the pitch

This and an Ironmode would be enough to convince me to buy FM2017!

When you right click on a plater name to add to wish list, an option to create a new wishlist on the fly. A lot of the time I will see a player that I want to look at later, but with a special reason in mind hence the need for its own wishlist.

Also, in the FM interface, because the player's name is a text entry field you can't right click on the name for a drop down menu like you cold in FM14 - not a deal breaker but it is annoying when you go there to check on things without having to find them in the menu

Maybe it's just my love of role playing games coming through but I'd love to see the personality of players shine more and impact the game. If you take Mario Balotelli, known to be a troublemaker in real life, but in the game he's fine, he's a great striker to have! It's just not a realistic portrayal of how a player's off-field issues can impact their on-field game. The same applies to Nicklas Bendter and similar players. As a coach I should have the choice of either fining a player or relegating player to the reserve squad if he's caught partying after curfew. Of maybe a player is having a baby and asks to miss the upcoming match in order to be there for the birth. It would be cool and realistic if as a coach I am given the option to say yes or no, potentially losing a game or straining relations with a star player.

In summary, a player's personality should have be more apparent in their off-field actions.

3 things i'd love for SI to consider in the next game:

1) Realistic Demands: making an enquiry on a player valued at 150K shouldn't have the team respond with a "well sell the player for 15 mil"... little bit excessive even if the player has tremendous potential

2) Fix the "Player valued at 10 million... let's offer 5 million" / "asking price of 10 million let's offer half of that :D"

3) When a bid for a player has been accepted, but that player dosent want to join you always have to "talk to the player" and try and convince him... it works like 1 out of 1000 for me, so either better % that it does something or just put a walk away button before hand so i dont have to go though it repeatedly.

Thank you, love the game keep it up

I'm a one-club career player, and I find it irritating to keep getting offers of job interviews. Just as with transfer requests we have the ability to say 'reject all offers' or 'reject all offers under a certain price', we should be able to tick some auto function that says 'reject all job offers' or 'reject all job offers below Championship level' or somesuch.

Managers match day programme comments: Would need to be looked over on how it would be worked but I'm thinking, being asked some questions in a press conference style and being able to elaborate on stuff with the extra comments bar like we do in press conferences. Being asked questions about the weeks training, previous match, player contracts (when it comes to that time of year) and transfers (that time of year). Adding the send assistant button for those who don't want to do it

New staff like performance annylists: so many different staff now that we don't hear about. Maybe adding some of these like performance annylists and tactical experts ect.

Players getting involved in social media controversy: It goes without saying that social media is heavily involved with football these days. Time to implement that into the game?. Players getting stick after a match, bad reaction to a manager post match conference, asking players to make profiles private after they're involved in an altercation. Would be a nice and realistic addition.

Im sure this has already been raised but some sort of dynamic player potential. Just by the nature of how hard it is to guess a players potential, allow for some wiggle room. For example when i was slowly upgrading my team after being promoted. One player kept playing really well for me that was left from my Championship side (low PA) despite being paired up against superior opposition. Over the course of the game the stat to performance correlation just leveled out and he could not compete with the newer players i brought in since their stats were world class. He was also very young, 21 when he hit his max potential (132). Would be great if that could be flexible, would make replay-ability far less boring as well.

edit: just to be clear i am not suggesting that every player in the game be able to attain levels that are immensely beyond them, however if some huge personal achievement (maybe rating average, scoring in 10 straight games in the first division,etc), some milestone, something that is very hard to achieve could unlock 5-10 extra points that would make my games soooo much more interesting.

one day we could have FM management and play the games out like FIFA or PES

but from what i gather the hardcore heads dont want that

20 years. Also i would love interviewer questions that involved winning tournaments or the league to mention how it was won. I just won the league because Newcastle scored vs Chelsea in the 94th minute to tie the game 2-2 thus putting me ahead. When i give my interview, there has to be some reference to this, not just the same old bland ****.

is it possible to add chairman or football director mode? manage the team but let head coach to decide the tactic and players.

You can use your assistant manager as head coach actually, just simulate matches by holidaying or using instant result (need a skin supporting this option).

Agreed too. The lack of some buttons is really annoying. Another examples - when there's a list of 'these players were removed from shortlist" why oh why can't we select multiple at once? Having to right click every single one and rescout/readd is a huge time killer.

Transfer centre - why isn't there an option to auto reject all dumb offers that AI love to spam us with? When I offer my player on loan with defined parametres (100% wage / first team) why do I have to wade through 40 ridiculous offers to find 3-4 acceptable ones?

Agreed too. The lack of some buttons is really annoying. Another examples - when there's a list of 'these players were removed from shortlist" why oh why can't we select multiple at once? Having to right click every single one and rescout/readd is a huge time killer.

Transfer centre - why isn't there an option to auto reject all dumb offers that AI love to spam us with? When I offer my player on loan with defined parametres (100% wage / first team) why do I have to wade through 40 ridiculous offers to find 3-4 acceptable ones?

Expanding an this I would like there to be a few changes to the transfer system. If i offer a player to a club at a certain price, he is put on transfer list and listed as no longer wanted. How is this realistic? Often clubs shop players just to get a feel for the market using 3rd parties. If asked by the media they will generally deny any intent to sell their player because it undermines their leverage in transfer talks. Secondly I find it so hard to sell players, i would like to see an uptick in teams inquiring and proposing REALISTIC bids for players targets. Another thing I would like to see are huge big money moves, in over a 100 seasons i have never seen Pogba go to Manchester city, Real, or Barcelona. This applies to many top players. You never seen world record transfer fees. The highest fees paid i have seen are always from me selling a player for about 80 mil. Elsewhere this is never any transfers above 50-60mil.

A way to copy corner and free-kick instructions across the three tactics. It's really annoying to have to set up instructions for left-right and repeat it two more times.

Yes that's something that can be frustrating. Save the routine and use across tactics or save various corner/free kick routines you can change during the match.

Another thing that I cannot remember seeing in 2015 (have not played 2016 yet) but when you are offered a job, it would be great to be able to agree to take the job at an agreed date (à la Guardiola taking over City at the end of the season). I understand that sometimes clubs want a manager straight away but when the manager contract is expiring at the end of the season, they may want to recruit before their candidates are poached over by another club.

Another thing that I cannot remember seeing in 2015 (have not played 2016 yet) but when you are offered a job, it would be great to be able to agree to take the job at an agreed date (à la Guardiola taking over City at the end of the season). I understand that sometimes clubs want a manager straight away but when the manager contract is expiring at the end of the season, they may want to recruit before their candidates are poached over by another club.

That's already possible, when negotiating contract terms you can change the start date from immediate to end of season. I used it on FM13 when managing in Sweden, Leeds agreed to wait until the end of the Swedish season before I moved rather than in September.

Considering Sports Interactive are experimenting with animations, it would be very interesting to see players arguing over who should take the penalty when penalties are awarded to their respective team. Player reputation, player personality and fan opinion could help determine who wins the argument on the pitch. When human users are selecting players to take penalties, perhaps you could allow human users the current level of control that users have as well as the ability to choose a number of players that users can select in a specified panel that would enable such animations to take place in 3D. If enabling animations in such situations is difficult then perhaps have it included as default so the press can talk about it, if players miss penalties. Just replicate real life situations. Just an idea. I haven’t experienced such animations taking place in 3D yet so if the animations are already included then ignore this.

Archived