What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

I really like the post match analysis screen but never use it to improve my tactics. It Would be cool if you could ask your assistant on how he thinks you can improve on a certain area in the post match analysis screen. For example say your Central midfielder hasn't had any shots on target ask your assistant on how he thinks you could improve it.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You get me completely wrong...

I want to add many new names which can be used by the FM to name new persons. So like the most of all manager games so it.

Not wanted I to rename a random player.

Add new players/staff with the names you want into the database. Make them 1CA/1PA if you want so that they won't affect the game. As far as I know, possible names are drawn from the names of the people already in the database for that country/language.

Another one to go to the bugs section, since I didn't find the correct forum it goes as a wish for FM16: so, Javier Pastore was at the national squad for Copa America and I couldn't pick him for the pre-season stage. When he returned, he start complained about not being picked and threatned a riot :lol:

After big tournaments (ie World Cup, CL) and continued success from others, many managers adopt the playing style of the successful clubs in these competitions.

I would love to see the AI using my own saved tactic for their clubs. For example, if I won 3 consecutive CL with a strikerless formation, why wouldn't clubs try to emulate what I do?

Maybe this could work for managers with low tactical consistency?

Add new players/staff with the names you want into the database. Make them 1CA/1PA if you want so that they won't affect the game. As far as I know, possible names are drawn from the names of the people already in the database for that country/language.

This is just a workaround and not a satisfying feature...

I want the possibility in the add names like every other data. Or, the better way, an ongoing list which could be extended.

Thanks for your hint, yes, the FM uses names of persons in the database. But there are also collections/tables in this database which are holding names for newgens. And these are what I want to edit/extend/delete/whatever...

Honestly not that big deal but much impact on realism ans fun playing outside the big five....

This is just a workaround and not a satisfying feature...

I want the possibility in the add names like every other data. Or, the better way, an ongoing list which could be extended.

Thanks for your hint, yes, the FM uses names of persons in the database. But there are also collections/tables in this database which are holding names for newgens. And these are what I want to edit/extend/delete/whatever...

Honestly not that big deal but much impact on realism ans fun playing outside the big five....

Could be included as an "external" db file, such as newspaper names, comp names, etc.

1. Most of the time I have to click on the players on the pitch one by one with Ctrl to highlight them. Pls put a button somewhere to toggle all names of players on /off.

2. Make a more elevated view of 3d, that does show the entire pitch. Just coz you're using 3d should not mean you can't keep an eye on your defence when your team is attacking the other end.

1. Most of the time I have to click on the players on the pitch one by one with Ctrl to highlight them. Pls put a button somewhere to toggle all names of players on /off.

2. Make a more elevated view of 3d, that does show the entire pitch. Just coz you're using 3d should not mean you can't keep an eye on your defence when your team is attacking the other end.

As for 2) you just have to use zoom in or zoom out, if you press L you have zoom out and you'll see the all pitch

As for 2) you just have to use zoom in or zoom out, if you press L you have zoom out and you'll see the all pitch

I'm aware of the zoom out/in capabilities. But even at the most zoomed out state, you won't still see your defence when attacking. Pressing L does absolutely nothing.

I'm aware of the zoom out/in capabilities. But even at the most zoomed out state, you won't still see your defence when attacking. Pressing L does absolutely nothing.
That's why I use the behind goal view when I want to keep an eye on defensive positioning.

Here's my full zoom out

SL_Benfica_FC_Porto_Campo_Completo.png

That is because the ball is in the middle of the park at that time. If the view could just stay that way at all times, great. But when the play moves to either end, the camera pans, and then you'd be seeing an unimportant something like stadium seats as opposed to your defence.

Just create another view that would remain like that, and not pan.

Hi guys,

I have a suggestion for in-game editor:

As you know we have 2 options for moving players one for moving our club and one for moving another club.

But one big missing thing is "moving with fee" option.I think there should be a option like "move to my club with fee".With this option the so called "cheat" become more realistic.

I am a Turkish FM/CM fan since CM4 and i am afraid the say that transfers in Turkish leagues never reflect realism in your games.

Even with the latest patches Fenerbahçe transfers awkward players.You can't transfer RVP,Nani for Fener or Sneijder for GS in Football Manager but in real life these clubs are capable of signing those players.

So in a situations like these i use in game editor but moving them free makes it "cheat".

Please consider this as i think it's not hard feature to add.

Hello, I'm an enthusiastic FM players from China mainland, please forgive my poor English first, and I have some suggestions for the future FM versions:

1. How about better 3D effects?

Now players often get through each other easily in 3D mode and defenders' positioning badly.

Could we make players really TOUCH each other instead of getting through and positioning more cleverly?

Could we also have better graphic quality? like stadiums and jerseys?

2. How about dynamic youth rating for each country? Some fans played FM for tens of seasons, but they still got very few young talented players.

3. In FM2013, seats also got reactions related to the performance of the match, sometimes clapping for goal, sometimes shaking heads, but in FM2015, this's gone.

It would take me ages to read the whole thread to check if this idea has been said but I would love the option to allow your assistant manager take charge of substitutes as sometimes I find it long and difficult. It would work in the same way as other staff responsibilities work. Thanks

I would like a feature, where you ask your assistant his opinion of what position the team is lacking.

The assistant would come up with a reply like:

"we miss a striker and a center back for the main squad"

and

"we miss a defensive midfielder for squad depth"

I would like a feature, where you ask your assistant his opinion of what position the team is lacking.

The assistant would come up with a reply like:

"we miss a striker and a center back for the main squad"

and

"we miss a defensive midfielder for squad depth"

isn't that already listed under squad depth? especially with those ratings being given by the AM

isn't that already listed under squad depth? especially with those ratings being given by the AM

It could be greatly enhanced.

For example if I play with 3 strikers I would essentially need 5-6 strikers for depth.

Squad depth only shows up to 3.

It also shows the same players multiple times. So, for example, if you have Thomas Muller, the game could show you a depth chart with Muller listed as first choice at ML, MR, AML, AMR, AMC and ST. And then you have Adnan Januzaj, too, and he shows up second-choice as AML, AMR, AMC and ST and third choice at ML and MR, and Marco Reus is second-choice at ML and MR and third at AML, AMR, AMC and ST. So you've got three players occupying eighteen positions on your depth chart. God help you if you have Felix Passlack.

It would be nice if squad depth was linked in some way to tactics. Rather than the game just showing you the top 3 players at each possible position, have it work by formation. You select a formation - maybe generic, maybe one of your tactics - and it'll show you the best possible first XI for that formation, with dropdowns for each position showing the alternatives. That way you can see what your depth charts are going to look like more realistically when a single player can only occupy one position at a time.

I am not a native speaker and I always forget if "fairly good" is better than "good" and where are "average", "useful" and "decent" on the scale. Please figure out a better way to express ratings. Use a number in brackets next to the text or add some explanation in a tool-tip.

It also shows the same players multiple times. So, for example, if you have Thomas Muller, the game could show you a depth chart with Muller listed as first choice at ML, MR, AML, AMR, AMC and ST. And then you have Adnan Januzaj, too, and he shows up second-choice as AML, AMR, AMC and ST and third choice at ML and MR, and Marco Reus is second-choice at ML and MR and third at AML, AMR, AMC and ST. So you've got three players occupying eighteen positions on your depth chart. God help you if you have Felix Passlack.

It would be nice if squad depth was linked in some way to tactics. Rather than the game just showing you the top 3 players at each possible position, have it work by formation. You select a formation - maybe generic, maybe one of your tactics - and it'll show you the best possible first XI for that formation, with dropdowns for each position showing the alternatives. That way you can see what your depth charts are going to look like more realistically when a single player can only occupy one position at a time.

Thanks for explaining exactly how I feel about it. It could be improved greatly.

You can already filter out players from showing up in squad depth for certain positions.

http://spielverlagerung.com/2014/10/07/counter-or-gegenpressing/

This - gegenpressing, is pretty hard to replicate correctly in FM. Would be awesome to have tactical instructions concerning counterpressing type (Man-man, Zone, Lane, ball-oriented) and also amount of time the team is instructed to press for until they fall back into their normal defensive positions.

1 - It would be nice to have the option to play old world cup winning teams against other classical teams. Best Nations and club teams of the past generations and having the ability to play them against each other.

2 - A collection of the best old and modern world footballers, historys best players and being able to select them in a 1v1 option

Training session venue. I would like to see how my team moves and kicks the ball around without an opposition on the pitch just like they do in training, allowing us to also see our teams position during set pieces. We don't have that luxury at the moment and all we can see is text when setting up tactics. Something like EA Sports Fifa allows, it let's players enter training mode to practice their skills and see what works and what wont with your current team.

Would be good to see, when you are playing a friendly if somebody is going to get sent off you have the option to sub that player.

Or if a team has a player sent off given the opportunity to take a man off to have 10 vs 10.

This did happen a couple of years ago when Sheff Wed got a man sent off and the other team went down to 10 men voluntarily.

When fine tuning tactics via Player Instructions, ones that you select are highlighted as are those that conflict and are not available because that conflict with those already chosen. However, some roles activate certain player instructions and these are only visible by hovering over the instruction! Please extend colour coding on player instructions screen to highlight, in yellow say, those instructions that are already activated and locked due to the role selected for the player.

Hi, and greetings.

My first post to this community, and that is a request for new editions of FM.

I am mostly satisified with the game. I am of the old type, so I don't have anything to say regards to the 3D game (so if there are issues there I have no idea).

But now, let me explain how I usually play this game: I buy every single version the day it is released and create a game to look around. Then I go back to the previous version and keep playing that one until a few updates have been released and the small bugs and new databases have been released.

Then I start my game, and that game I play for the rest of the year. I usually end up playing about 20 seasons for each version of the game, one season usually taking about 2 weeks i RL to finish.

I have read through this community and found that there are so many opinions of what to add and what to make better. Many interesting ones.

But one I don't find to much about and which has started irritating me abit lately. Referees.

I would love see more info about them in game, what tendencies they have while refereeing. If they tend to add more additional time, if one is more strict to some kind of play, if he does interact often with players. And for some foreseeable future perhaps add the promotion/relegation between refereeing levels. Perhaps adding comments from the refs after games with controversial episodes, the suspension of referees and so on.

I know it is a lot to ask, but reality of the game would take one step up.

Thanks for Your time.

There is a lot of conflict between Director Of Sporting/General Manager and Coaches in real life. Should managers be allowed to play role of general manager right away, or should the position be earned?

That should depend, I think, on the interview process. "Are you willing to work with a DoF" is a pretty pointless question right now. That could be changed to something like:

Yes - locks DoF in as responsible for purchasing and selling players for at least a year

No - requires that the DoF be fired as a condition of accepting the job

Within limits - perhaps you get final say on transfers, but the DoF is responsible for the initial offers and negotiations

Something like that, anyway. So a younger manager applying up might not have the clout to avoid a DoF, but a manager with some trophies under his belt could.

Hi there. I wanna start by saying that i played every FM since the Championship Manager 01/02..so i consider myself "a knower"

I know that be a chairman/owner was already discussed..but ..i really think that this would be a very appealing option for many players worldwide..

Let me tell you about a real scenario "Gheorghe Hagi (the best romanian football player of all time) founded a club FC Viitorul (in 2009) that plays in the "Liga1 Romania" now..he is also the owner and the manager of his team..and has one of the best youth academy in Eastern Europe..actually his policy was to discover young talents from Romania and promote them to his team and of course to raise them untill they become suitable for the national team. Amongst his "discoveries" is Cristian Manea (signed by Chelsea for 2.3mil pounds)a player that already debuted in the national team and his own son Ianis Hagi (signed by Fiorentina for 1mil euros)." But..enough about Hagi..

What Im saying is that the wage you receive in the game is pointless if you can't do anything with it..and i would of liked a feature where to buy or found a new club after many years of management and start with that club as a owner/manager from the lowest/lower divisions and make any decision for that club because what the hell..you OWN it (sponsors/stadium/youth development/training ground/staff/scouting range/club affiliation/rivalries/etc.) :) ...

Another idea was to use that wage money as in the dead version of FIFA manager from EA..to actually go beyond tactics and matches and buy cars (FM could be sponsored by some large automobile constructer)/houses/learn languages/etc.

P.S. I really hope that sometime in the future we can have that realistic options..

P.P.S. I know that many of you will point to the name of the game as it is.. just MANAGER.. but think about HAGI ;)

What Im saying is that the wage you receive in the game is pointless i

The wage is not pointless- it has a direct impact on your job security as it influences any decision to sack you or not. A high wage manager with lots of time left on a contract may not get fired because of the compensation that would be paid out. Same for when you get approached by another team when under contract. The hiring team has to pay the compensation to your employer.

I play with "Behind Corner"

One thought I've had regarding moving clubs, would be that we as managers have an "agent".

Now this would not necessarily be an agent in the same way that players have agents, so it wouldn't have to be a person in game, but could be more like the virtual personal assistant we have in the game at the moment. This would work as just a list of tick boxes that we can set on or off at different points of the game. Then when other jobs are available, or positions are insecure, the club in question would sound out our agent to see whether we would be interested, based on our settings.

Our settings could include things like "only interested in jobs from favoured clubs", "only interested in top division jobs", "only interested in jobs offering big pay rise", "only interested in jobs in x country".

On top of this we could have an option for our agent to actively pursue these roles for us, or at least sound out the club and find out if there's any likelihood in getting an offer, or even an interview.

One thought I've had regarding moving clubs, would be that we as managers have an "agent".

Now this would not necessarily be an agent in the same way that players have agents, so it wouldn't have to be a person in game, but could be more like the virtual personal assistant we have in the game at the moment. This would work as just a list of tick boxes that we can set on or off at different points of the game. Then when other jobs are available, or positions are insecure, the club in question would sound out our agent to see whether we would be interested, based on our settings.

Our settings could include things like "only interested in jobs from favoured clubs", "only interested in top division jobs", "only interested in jobs offering big pay rise", "only interested in jobs in x country".

On top of this we could have an option for our agent to actively pursue these roles for us, or at least sound out the club and find out if there's any likelihood in getting an offer, or even an interview.

Also could tell the agent/assistant to filter out offers/approaches from certain clubs/countries/regions

One thing is repeated every year, all of us can easily dominate Europe for eternity after few years (and that depending which team we play with). I want to see other clubs making wiser decisions, making squads strongers and more competitive. I want to see other managers more adoptive to opponents tactics when needed, it's not so interesting when we win Premiership with mediocre Swansea, Newcastle or Everton in first season, in third Champions League and then forever delivering every possible title every year. Things like that doesn't happened in real life.

please for the love of god THIS!!!! every fm since 2010 ive went from bringing crewe up the leagues to dominate england and europe within about 7/8 seasons. its ridiculous how bad the other teams fall....

one other thing id like is for clubs to stop sacking managers like theres no tomorrow just cause of one bad season and wen i say one bad season it mean not winning everything around you...

what i also hate atm is you can be at a club for 10 years. you raise there stature amazingly but then u have one bad season and sacked? no loyalty at all by any clubs

Probably too late to add but this is long overdue and I hope its in FM16 and its about the AI...Players should be less likely to sign with a team if they are going to be buried on the bench. I guess they could gauge this by the team depth and star ratings. Too many times (more times than it actually happens IRL) a AI team would buy good players only to bench him for his entire stay where he could have easily been a first teamer somewhere else. This probably would even make it a little harder for the User to build super teams if the players took these things into consideration when signing contracts.

Please can we have weekly (or pre-match) training reports from assistants telling us how well players have trained in the days leading up to a match? Then we could decide who plays based on how they've trained, and maybe give them a specific team talk depending on whether they've trained well or not.

Can we also be able to influence reserve team squads (I've just seen that this will be possible with B teams on FM 2016), but can we tell our u21 manager to make sure he plays a certain player in a certain role for a certain amount of time?

I'd also like to be able to discuss my tactical strategy with my team/captain/the board in an interview for a job.

And finally, it should be easier to sell players. That is, you shouldn't always have to list someone and make them happy. In real life (I imagine) bids will come in for all sorts of players all the time, yet on FM a club will be majorly interested for weeks and then nothing happens unless you list them. It makes it difficult to refresh a squad, particularly after a few seasons at a club when you've built a rapport with players.

There should also be transfer sagas! If I win the league and a particular player has an amazing season, I'd expect Real, Barca, PSG, Man City to come knocking with a fair bid. That said, those clubs should be more willing to negotiate when they absolutely want a particular player rather than offering peanuts and then going away when you suggest a fair price...

Not really bothered about anything more than the ME and player movement being as good as it can be, especially lateral movement which up to 2015 has been pretty poor, and as someone mentions above certain styles like counter pressing being possible to replicate in tactics. Personally all the fancy peripherals and new features are pretty pointless if the ME which is the essence of the game remains poor in many areas.

Never mind burger vans, this is what we need in the game.

Not sure there will be many players volunteering to take the throw ins though!

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/train-travelling-past-football-pitch-provides-ultimate-distraction-for-amateur-slovakian-team-a3088311.html

Good job they were only "training"!

Sorry I'll get my coat!!!

I don't know if it has been mentioned before: dynamic kits!

(Well I do have a "small" obsession with kits, always correcting a large amount of them in the editor before I start a new version...)

Especially for those who play for a long time in the same league, the fact that kits don't change from season to season creates a sense of monotony, and is not particularly immersive. It's also frustrating if a club plays in a non-traditional kit a season and then has it for eternity in that FM version (I'm thinking about Inter's thin stripes this year, for example or Fenerbahce playing full yellow or Besiktas sporting full black at home a few seasons ago). Another issue is that some clubs are quite happy to change their kit very liberally season to season (an example would be one of my favourites, Budapest Honvéd, where the club colours - red and black - are usually used on a stripy home shirt, but every two or three seasons the team will play full red or full black or a non-vertical stripes combination of the two colours). The same applies to away and third shirts, kits, subject to even more variation.

I imagine an editor, where one could choose for home-away-etc. which designs would be available (shirt and other items) and one could specificy a percentage chance of adapting that design for the next season - the total for all designs would have to be 100 %.

The same would apply to colours - for each items' each of (up to 5) colours. Design come in limited number, colours could be up to 100 options in the most extreme case but I expect usually around 2-6 for every colour (main/secondary/etc) there is on a kit piece. The mechanics for choosing non-clashing kits can be used to choose appropriate kit number, away and third kit colours, eliminating uncompatible colours after the primary(, secondary) home(, away) kit colours have been selected. A limitation could be set up for these if database size and computational speed would be severely affected by such a change.

Now comes the complicated bit - there would have to be an option to lock certain combinations if desired - for example locking first and second colour together, or even locking design and individual colour choices or kit design to kit design. For a full elaboration the threadpost is too small, but I am happy to provide more detail (e. g. a picture of an imaginatory editor page example for kit colours on a prominent club) if interest arises - I have thought it through from a mechanical perspective. I understand it is difficult to bring the concept across in words. One thing I don't have an idea of is how complicated this would be program and only a slight feeling for the size of the information to be stored and computing power required for the feature.

The game would be given how often a kit change is implemented (yearly, biennially, etc.) and teams would get a new kit accordingly; in a more involved implementation the player would be offered three kit versions each time the kit is to be changed for the team he/she is managing, providing some interaction with the system.

If implemented, this would mean that kits would not have to be updated by the scouts every year, however, would mean significant effort one time. If realism for the current season is paramount, with a checkbox for the current season one could indicate the kit combination (from the options listed) in the editor. But even for the lazy scouts, the current status quo could be preserved, with just providing one design and colour scheme and setting it to 100% frequency.

In an even further development, one could imagine replacing the current system whereby one chooses one colour on the RGB scale and that is used every season. Even with adding more variety via allowing various colours with the system described above, there is only possibility to have a maximum of 100 hues to be choosen from and selecting and storing them provides significant effort from data scout and computer alike. It could be imagined to have verbal description of colours and have pre-defined fields of the RGB spectrum associated with these colours. In the editor, one would not define RGB colours any more, but choose an appropriately named colour. When a new kit is to be rolled, the system randomly chooses a colour from the RGB section associated with the definition. However, I am not sure how many colours and hues would have to be defined to which precision for a proper implementation. Again, more visual background info and examples can be delivered if desired - it's a concept much easier explained with pictures.

Thanks for whomever's attention has been grabbed,

Gellard

I think in order to improve reality, scout reports should contain a compilation video. This is what it happens IRL. When we scout a player, our scout should provide a video that contains his pros & cons such as great goals, assists, movements, tricks, red cards, etc. Just like the thousands of videos shown in YouTube when a player is searched. Surely this has already suggested by someone else since it is something mandatory imo.

Hope to see it available in FM16 since not all features are revealed. If not, will a big miss for me.

Know it will never happen but I would still love the opportunity for a user to play whatever patch they prefer. We all have our own opinions on which patch was best, for instance I still reckon patch 2 was the most realistic in FM15, and for me at least the final patch killed any realism that was there previously. Therefore if I could have carried on with patch 2 I would have been a happy bunny whereas I became a frustrated frump so as I say an option to roll back or at least having an option to download or not would be nice.

Archived