What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

I agree with the above. Through balls behind the full back are too easy. I hammer on positioning, but still this 'gap' is used often (by me and my opponents).

Just like the defending of a near post corner-kick. In tactics I can let a player 'mark' the first post, but I can't place a player on the side of the 6yards box to sweep up any short corners. If the kick is properly taken (or way too short for that matter) incoming players are free to head or kick on goal as no defender is positioned to intercept the cross. I score like that all the time (aim all my corners at the near post for this reason) but almost equally as often concede this way as the tactics editor doesn't allow to prevent it.

BTW: I promised my board to score a lot from dead ball situations as I score from these kind of corner kicks pretty often, but every review they keep telling me how dissapointed they are because of the lack of dead ball goals... Weird... Or doesn't a corner kick count as a dead ball situation. Small error that should be fixed in FM15.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When a goal in scored during a match, a popup appears with the numbers of goals scored by that player this season. I would like if this could be changed to show the number of goals scored by that player in the competition rather than in all competitions

When a goal in scored during a match, a popup appears with the numbers of goals scored by that player this season. I would like if this could be changed to show the number of goals scored by that player in the competition rather than in all competitions

I like this, maybe could even say both, for example:

(Name of scorer)

(competition goals - x)

(x goals in all competitions)

Great ideas so far guys. I wish to hear us and make the game Colossal!

My suggestion is to think (An act system of one or more automations from the players to create one particular chance).

Like to load other tactic and have other playstyle that you wanna to play, for 15 minutes for example. If you swing your tactics in a game first you will loose all your opposition markings and you have to fix it again.

The Idea is a 100% learning tactic with target man for example to play it for 5 minutes or whatever and give you goal(like Basketball if understand the point).

I want to see more player-related statistical analysis; comparison of different CB partnerships (goals conceded, win %, PPG etc), same with striker partnerships (goals and assists for each other), these sorts of things. Maybe tied into the backroom meetings, or available upon request from your assistant (or some new analytical staff role?)

I would love to see some kind of summary page after you have created a tactic. By that I mean that after choosing the formation and the TIs you want to use, you would see some kind of info page detailing the overall tactic. For example if I choose to use rigid and control with TIs 'lower tempo' and 'play wider' the info page could inform me that 'your tempo is average' and 'you are playing very wide'. I don't need any detailed info like 'tempo is 10 out of 20' but some kind of feedback about what some of the instructions and mentalities do when combined, would be nice.

Simplify "playing styles" - duties should have no impact on mentality changes (in terms of fluidity, of course). I don't know which style to choose when I want my FB(A) to be more offensive. I'd assume Fluid is best option, because it increases defender's mentality. Then, due to attack duty of my FB, his mentality decrease. It's very counterintuitive.

I'd like to add to previous requests on here for future updates.

1. Update the set piece setup to indicate who a player will actually man mark if added to the "Man Mark" part of a defensive corner. Right now I have absolutely no idea which of the opposition each player in that group will be picking up. Is it just randomly assigned, if so, why?

2. Make tactical changes in game instant, or at least not waiting until a break in play. I don't see managers now waiting for the ball to go out for a throw in for example to tell his players to play narrower, they just shout it to the nearest player to pass the message on. Some more complex changes, like formation etc I can understand but for team/player instructions it should be an instant change.

3. Ability to take contract/transfer negotiation parts off the table completely. Like stating that a % wage rise is not happening, at all, ever. Or stating up front that the suggestion of "loaning a player back for a season" is not going to happen at all, so stop adding it back to every offer.

I would like to be able to setup up actual training drills, Match prep drills in the game rather than just using names.

Like When i say match prep attacking movement. On what kind of attacking movement we focus ? How runners and supports co-ordinates etc. So managers be able to design those kind of drills and we should be able to see our players using those drills in matches. It will add more realism to game as well as really test the manager's footballing knowledge. We should be able to decide how much hours to spend in what kind of training and drills.

I'd like more options for your Tis, at the minute I can "hassle my opponents" or whatever and that's far too vague - I can't really set how high or low I want to press nor can I set how aggressively I press -I'm not calling for sliders but maybe something like this:

- very aggressive pressing

- agressive pressing

- moderate

- gentle

- stand off

Also I'd like to be able to manually select how high/low my defensive line is because it's one of the few things managers can do physically set.

I'd like to see the Separation of player prices. We need at least 4 levels of player prices: The 1st one determines whether we receive a fax or not, The 2nd one

determines whether we consider the offered price, the 3rd one determines whether the offer getting close to our magic number, and the 4th one

determines whether the offer should be accepted automatically. The previous versions only have one level, when you set it as the minimum

acceptable price, AI will never offer a higher price than it, how can they peep our commercial secrets so easily?

And I'd like to see more manager clauses, such as clauses to receive a cut of any transfer profits from players they sign & the later sell, and the clauses to recive dividends or stockshares when he achieve a huge success, what an attractive prospect!

Finally, I expect a player/manager mode year by year. Why only AI players can act as both a player and a non-player role, eg. coach, manager, scout, physio.

"Short Notes & Pins" column

Note: Initially I wasn't aware that I should post in this thread, so the complete topic can be found here I'll simply paste in my two key posts from there, containing graphic examples as well as description.

Post 1 - Introduction and one graphical example

It's great that we can "customize view" of our squad by adding/removing columns that provide various info, ie. Apps/Gls/Ast/K Pas/K Tck to name a few.

However, there are no columns where we can enter a short text of our own. Here is one example of how it could be used:

- When it comes to player role suitability I tend to rate them myself. Key attributes for each role can be highlighted in the player's attribute screen.

- Personally I divide the importance of attributes into Primary, Secondary and Utility (usually not included in key attributes). An example of Utility att's for the Limited Defender role are Concentration and Composure. Neither is highlighted as key, but I tend to pay great attention to them, and classify them as Utility.

- I won't bore you with methods of calculation, but once it's done I give my player a rating for that role, and write it in Notepad or on a piece of paper. Naturally this helps with selection, and having a general idea about the player.

- The end result would be to have that info in a column which, ie would say: "D79, B76", meaning "Limited defender 79, Ball playing defender 76".

Here's a 'screen shot' of how it would look like:

- The red rectangle is serving as an outline of the column, which would be adjustable just like all other columns.

- Next to Serge Aurier there's an example of the text which we can type in.

- Naturally, it would be common sense to have a character limit, perhaps 10?

- You'll notice that I've tried a workaround due to lack of this column, by editing nicknames and adding Individual training column. When combined they tell me which position I use this player for, and what's his rating.

Note_column.jpg

I'll take the liberty of assuming that adding this feature would be a fairly small task, given that in FM it's already possible to edit nicknames, keep personal notes, add numerous other different columns, as well as adjust their width.

Additionally, the ability for players to add "Pins" of various color within the "Short note" column would deepen its' use. When mousing over a pin, our custom text would pop up in the shape of a tool tip (graphic examples bellow). Character limit in "Pins" would be greater.

So ie. as per the 'screen shot':

Player name .. | Short note column

Serge Aurier | LBR 78 *Red pin* [Custom text that pops up when the pin is moused over] |

Various other uses for this sort of a column can also be found.

Ie. I'm usually a strict disciplinarian, often giving 2 week wage fines for poor performances. Some players don't take too well to this, while I can easily assert myself with others. The point of this would be to keep a tight shift, without the risk of mutiny :D by making a note on how does a player react, on a scale 1-10, when disciplined.

Also, when players ask for improved contracts I tend to force the "You still have time on your contract" option for as long as I can before offering a bumper deal. Here too, some players don't take too well to this, while other do. Keeping tabs on this could be useful. Noting down that I postponed ie. 8 requests from a certain player for a bumper deal could be useful. If he has a pesky Agent and I manage to get rid of him, maybe the eventual bumper deal won't be so bumpy :D I'm a penny pincher, I know.

Other various info could be placed in those "Pins", ie. Performance rating(s) when paired with [Player A], ratings when paired with [Player B], etc.

Breakdown: The "Short note" column [10 chars + up to 4 different colored pins with 100chars each] could serve as a sort of relevant notes and tabs we keep on players, that are viewable/editable on the fly. It would take little space, maybe the width of the 'Contract Expiry' column, and for those who don't want it, it could be turned OFF just like any other columns.

Post 2 - Breakdown and 2 graphical examples

Glad you like the suggestion, thank you kindly. What I proposed isn't a new idea, there were requests from the community for a "Notes" column in the past, but to my knowledge it fell on deaf ears with developers every time. What might be considered different with my suggestion is the option to add/remove pins within the "Notes" column for each player. Here are two 'screenshots' of how a "short note" + 2 pins would look like:

Screen 1: Short note + Two pins (closed)

- Red line represents the boundary of the column (which can be widened or narrowed)

- As with the previous 'screenshot' notice the text next to Serge Aurier. This would be the 'short note' that may consist of up to 10 characters.

- Notice the blue and green pins next to the 'short note'. This is how they would look before you mouse over one of them.

- This example consists of a 'short note' and two 'pins'. For every player you can have ie. 0-4 pins.

Note_column_plus_2_pins.jpg

Screen 2: Short note + Two pins (green pin open)

- When mousing over the green pin, a box pops up that can be filled with text. For more clarity, it's outline matches the color of its' parent pin. Ideally, its' size would vary depending on how much text it would contain. This would be great for any type of a note that requires more detail and cannot be packed into a simple abbreviation. And more importantly, for those of us with family obligations it would serve as a comprehensive 'checkpoint' reminder, to help players keep track of their game after being away for days at a time. After not playing for, say, a week, nothing in FM is as annoying for me, as not having the vaguest idea which regen striker is my first-choice, at which point I must look at who has more appearances, goals and what have you, and then comes the re-familiarization with his attributes/moves etc. Having Pins that can quickly give me a pop up of my custom text, keeps me up to speed.

Note_column_plus_2_pins_pin_open.jpg

So the 'Short note' would be something that we want to always see and be able to edit at all times. In my case I would place the column next to a player's name and I wouldn't need to rummage through menus and current note system, having to go through separate menus, browse through current note categories, or constantly hover over symbols for some pop-ups.

'Pins' would be something that we can add should we need them for more descriptive notes. Most importantly, both are in the player's row, take up little space, can be manipulated on the fly, and are a allround notes-solution without additional menus/tabs and what not. Being able to keep short and detailed notes, easily accessible in the Selection screen would prove invaluable, as we could write down whatever we feel is relevant for any given player. It would no doubt increase immersion into the game, and possibly add more depth to it as well.

If you do not want to have control over the DoF's fate there is an option for you to hand that responsibility over to owner or managing director & the same is true of contract negotiations.

To say that managers no longer deal with contract talks is a rather simplistic approach, this may well be the case at many elite level clubs but as you go down the football pyramid there will be more instances of managers having near total control over club affairs & this needs to be replicated in FM because football doesn't cease to exist outside of FC Bayern, Barcelona, Man City et al.

Alex, I agree with what you say but that should then be taken a step further and clubs should have their own identity in terms of how they're organised, taking the above into account. It should not really be down to the player to customise, that power should be removed and only changed through board requests. This would be far more realistic.

I've banged on about this before but I'd like to see youth players from the same intake have each other as favoured personnel, similar to how they have coaches as favoured personnel now.

In fact, a few improvements can be made to favoured personnel and how it works. As it is now, I almost always see players who have storming games or seasons who become favoured personnel for other players. I'd like it to be a bit more random or not so much based on performances. Maybe same personality types, same nationalities or even players born in the same city and such. These things are already in the game, so maybe just to link them to the whole favoured personnel model would be nice.

Copied this over from this topic, since for some reason it won't let me post it there...

What about some kind of "feedback" or CV system for staff. If we want consistency, then I'm guessing this would apply for all staff, and we'd start removing more than just the JA/JP attributes. I'll try (and probably fail) to outline it...

You're at Club A, and you need a Scout. You go out into the Job Centre and find hundreds of people looking for jobs. Each one of them has a CV attached, outlining their previous experiences. As part of this, you could have feedback or testimonials from those they've worked with. I'm not talking pages and pages of information, could even be represented by graphics, coloured arrows or something. John Smith worked for a number of top Premiership clubs, and in that time he found a number of very successful players. You can also have stats related to this. How many players he found were eventually signed? Did he bring value to the side by finding a rough diamond for cheap? From this half-to-one pager, you can make a decision on whether the scout is worth hiring. He's got the track record, but he has had a lot of employers - is he going to jump ship, or can you expect him to be loyal?

For coaches you could have something similar, but some stats around the improvement of players that have been under his tutelage. For physios, how about the injury record and relative recovery times of players during his spell at the club? Assistants would have a wealth of information too. And so on and so forth.

Does that make sense? Or is it just a terrible idea...

1. Managing Under 21's

I think it would be great to be able to take jobs at Premier League clubs as the Under 21's Manager, etc. Also it would be fantastic if you could then recemmend players to the first team manager for selection. I.e you have a striker in the under 21s who has been performing well, you could inform the first team manager that you believe your young striker is ready for a opportunity with the first team. Again this could potentially work with national teams.

Also, if the first team manager is sacked, leaves for another position, you could be moved up to the be the caretaker manager, and if you do well, potentially be offered the position.

2. Media Comments

I agree with some of the comment regarding the media interview, very very repetative. A old player who has come back time after time since being sold, but constantly asked if he is going to come back and haunt me!

I would like smarter AI managers when it comes to buying players- it seems to me that a lot of managers just buy players depending on if the player's overall stats are considered good enough, rather than looking for the specific attributes they would need to fit in. I like how managers have preferred formations, but with it they should realise that to fill certain positions they need players with certain attributes (eg. Mourinho likes playing 1 strong striker up front, so should look for strikers that fit this ideal).

I know it has been said earlier in the thread, but I too would really like a better youth system than the one currently in place- it is far too random. Ideally, players would come through at a younger age so you have more time to tailor them to your club's style, or you should be able to specify this previously so that youth players come through with certain characteristics. If they did come through at a younger age, that would also mean you could poach players from clubs at this time (like West Ham did with Defoe, or Arsenal with Fabregas)

Transfers.... but not how you think

I'd like to see customisation in offering out loans

-I only want this young SouthAmerican without a WP to go to Spain, so find all eligible clubs there please DoF (you know, for the 2 years nationality thing)

-I only want my young talent to go to a domestic club, so auto-reject any from overseas (for HG purposes)

-And foreign teams should come in for a talent that has a few days left for nationality of that type (oh... you've got 20 days to go before Italian nationality, let's offer him to them - rather than the 3-years of EasternEurope) - for older players (like the 25yo I've just signed)

and the "not playing" for loans should take into account whether they've been injured or not... and don't tell me you've dropped a player for "poor form" when his last 5 games have an average rating of ~7.5

edit: and considering it's all the rage recently, how about loans (of WP needing players in particular) lasting more than a year? kinda stupid that they miss out on a few days because it takes a couple of days for the to return-to-me before I can loan-them-back-out again

-I only want this young SouthAmerican without a WP to go to Spain, so find all eligible clubs there please DoF (you know, for the 2 years nationality thing)

-I only want my young talent to go to a domestic club, so auto-reject any from overseas (for HG purposes)

-And foreign teams should come in for a talent that has a few days left for nationality of that type (oh... you've got 20 days to go before Italian nationality, let's offer him to them - rather than the 3-years of EasternEurope) - for older players (like the 25yo I've just signed)

and the "not playing" for loans should take into account whether they've been injured or not... and don't tell me you've dropped a player for "poor form" when his last 5 games have an average rating of ~7.5

edit: and considering it's all the rage recently, how about loans (of WP needing players in particular) lasting more than a year? kinda stupid that they miss out on a few days because it takes a couple of days for the to return-to-me before I can loan-them-back-out again

Fully agree here. Just want to add that the *loads-of-swearing*-DoF should understand that I will never loan out a player if he can't be recalled (in the transfer windows). And I mean never. Not even if they offer a monthly fee of a phantastillion bucks. Or if hell freezes. Or aliens arrive on earth. Or banks become trustworthy.

I like the idea of auto reject loan offers from foreign clubs for youths for HG reasons

I would like to be able to setup up actual training drills, Match prep drills in the game rather than just using names.

Like When i say match prep attacking movement. On what kind of attacking movement we focus ? How runners and supports co-ordinates etc. So managers be able to design those kind of drills and we should be able to see our players using those drills in matches. It will add more realism to game as well as really test the manager's footballing knowledge. We should be able to decide how much hours to spend in what kind of training and drills.

Copied this over from this topic, since for some reason it won't let me post it there...

What about some kind of "feedback" or CV system for staff. If we want consistency, then I'm guessing this would apply for all staff, and we'd start removing more than just the JA/JP attributes. I'll try (and probably fail) to outline it...

You're at Club A, and you need a Scout. You go out into the Job Centre and find hundreds of people looking for jobs. Each one of them has a CV attached, outlining their previous experiences. As part of this, you could have feedback or testimonials from those they've worked with. I'm not talking pages and pages of information, could even be represented by graphics, coloured arrows or something. John Smith worked for a number of top Premiership clubs, and in that time he found a number of very successful players. You can also have stats related to this. How many players he found were eventually signed? Did he bring value to the side by finding a rough diamond for cheap? From this half-to-one pager, you can make a decision on whether the scout is worth hiring. He's got the track record, but he has had a lot of employers - is he going to jump ship, or can you expect him to be loyal?

For coaches you could have something similar, but some stats around the improvement of players that have been under his tutelage. For physios, how about the injury record and relative recovery times of players during his spell at the club? Assistants would have a wealth of information too. And so on and so forth.

Does that make sense? Or is it just a terrible idea...

total agree +1

I'm not sure how feasible this is but..

It would be great that, when you leave your current club and the split is amicable, the board ask you advise on who to hire to replace you.

One of the worst things in football manager is building a club up, setting a philosophy in place, focusing on youth and a style of play thats brought success only for the board to replace you with a complete tube who is almost the polar opposite to you.

I'm not saying this is entirely realist btw. Would just be nice that after turning Glasgow Rangers into the Barcelona of Scotland (and not just in playing style (though admittedly, i had to role play a lot of it)), they don't replace me with Long-Ball McNever-develops-youth

I'm not sure how feasible this is but..

It would be great that, when you leave your current club and the split is amicable, the board ask you advise on who to hire to replace you.

One of the worst things in football manager is building a club up, setting a philosophy in place, focusing on youth and a style of play thats brought success only for the board to replace you with a complete tube who is almost the polar opposite to you.

I'm not saying this is entirely realist btw. Would just be nice that after turning Glasgow Rangers into the Barcelona of Scotland (and not just in playing style (though admittedly, i had to role play a lot of it)), they don't replace me with Long-Ball McNever-develops-youth

But wouldn't Ally be about 120 by that time?

I jest, I jest. On a serious note, I'd be happy enough for that to be added, but only for real club legends. Think Sir Alex leaving. Could go on the massively long lost of "cherry-on-top" features.

Not sure if this has been mentioned or if people agree, but i think there should be an option to disable star ratings, so when scouting a player you have to judge him from his attributes and the words of your scout instead of just seeing that a player has 5 star potential. This would make the game realistic because in real life when signing a player managers don't know if a player has 5 star potential, they judge them on their current ability compared to their age and decide if he has a lot of potential. Scouting reports would have to be looked at more closely instead of just seeing how many stars he has left. This would also make scouts more useful because you would have to trust the word of your scout i.e. Scout A thinks this player could be a future star in the premier league, you would look at his ratings and decide wether to take the risk, it just adds a bit more realism to the age for those that want this.

Will contract demands be fixed in FM15? It's been an ongoing problem and the latest example - I've just won the league 1 with Bradford. Trying to sign Mark Little from Peterbrough still in League 1 (on £4,000 a week) he wants £10,000 a week I can only offer £6k a week. Ross Turnbull at Doncaster on 5k a week wants over 10k a week to sign for a newly promoted team....very unrealistic. Average players wanting ridiculous amounts of money there's no way of building a squad without putting your club in debt.

Will contract demands be fixed in FM15? It's been an ongoing problem and the latest example - I've just won the league 1 with Bradford. Trying to sign Mark Little from Peterbrough still in League 1 (on £4,000 a week) he wants £10,000 a week I can only offer £6k a week. Ross Turnbull at Doncaster on 5k a week wants over 10k a week to sign for a newly promoted team....very unrealistic. Average players wanting ridiculous amounts of money there's no way of building a squad without putting your club in debt.

Why is that a problem?

New club, next division up, of course he wants more money and £10k a week isn't exactly a lot in the Championship.

Did you scout him first? what estimation did your scouts give for wages?

I would like the negotiations with other clubs to be more realistic.

Often a club will bid for my player, and say it is negotiatiable, but no matter how much I raise the offer by, they automatically withdraw. For example, PSG bid 29.75m for one of my players, which was a good offer, but I'm a little OCD about numbers so I put it at 30m and clicked to negotiate. PSG withdrew saying that a compromise obviously couldn't be reached.

Why is that a problem?

New club, next division up, of course he wants more money and £10k a week isn't exactly a lot in the Championship.

Did you scout him first? what estimation did your scouts give for wages?

Why is it a problem? hes deemed a leading league 1 player, he has no other offers, hes offered to prove himself at the next standard up, he's a right back hardly the focal point of anyones team..the wage demands of players hardly ever correspond to their ability and make it impossible to build a squad that doesn't cost an arm and a leg unless you sign league 2 players.

But wouldn't Ally be about 120 by that time?

I jest, I jest. On a serious note, I'd be happy enough for that to be added, but only for real club legends. Think Sir Alex leaving. Could go on the massively long lost of "cherry-on-top" features.

Made me laugh.

Yeah, good point.

So if by the time you're leaving your club and you have Club Legend status, the board could ask for your recommendation who to replace you with. The club could then provide a shortlist with x amount of candidates and a No Thanks option.

More realism with Friendly proposals, it's too easy if your a small Club too pick big Premier League teams to boost your bank balance or small clubs too walkover too boost morale.

IRL Everton 1st team would rarely/ever play Berwick Rangers most EPL teams have their tours sorted out months in advance generally in the US or far East with one or two Championship or L1 sides at home.

Why is it a problem? hes deemed a leading league 1 player, he has no other offers, hes offered to prove himself at the next standard up, he's a right back hardly the focal point of anyones team..the wage demands of players hardly ever correspond to their ability and make it impossible to build a squad that doesn't cost an arm and a leg unless you sign league 2 players.

To further my point...Trying to sign the Partick Thistle centre back balatoni as back up...he's on £550 a week at Partick - asking for Key player and £7,000 a week at Bradford...defend that one.

To further my point...Trying to sign the Partick Thistle centre back balatoni as back up...he's on £550 a week at Partick - asking for Key player and £7,000 a week at Bradford...defend that one.

Again why it it strange that he wants a key player role?

Given he wants a key player role he obviously will want wages to match the role and its not exactly strange for a key player to be paid £7k at a Championship club.

Whilst its maybe not perfect neither is RL and the issue here is not with FM but with your expectations. The simple fact is you can't expect to sign & play players for nothing.

EDIT

As an example using the starting data from RL:

Doncaster - Their top players are earning £5k a week with the highest on £12k a week.

For the more established clubs they are paying even more:

Huddersfield - Most 1st teamers on £7k+ a week.

Leicester - Most of the squad earning £7k+ a week, average is around £12k a week, top earner on £32k a week.

Again why it it strange that he wants a key player role?

Given he wants a key player role he obviously will want wages to match the role and its not exactly strange for a key player to be paid £7k at a Championship club.

Whilst its maybe not perfect neither is RL and the issue here is not with FM but with your expectations. The simple fact is you can't expect to sign & play players for nothing.

EDIT

As an example using the starting data from RL:

Doncaster - Their top players are earning £5k a week with the highest on £12k a week.

For the more established clubs they are paying even more:

Huddersfield - Most 1st teamers on £7k+ a week.

Leicester - Most of the squad earning £7k+ a week, average is around £12k a week, top earner on £32k a week.

Yep and I'd agree with you if it wasnt for the fact that my scouts are reporting these players current abilities as that of league one players - so how can they expect to walk into championship clubs as key players?

Yep and I'd agree with you if it wasnt for the fact that my scouts are reporting these players current abilities as that of league one players - so how can they expect to walk into championship clubs as key players?

Because they don't really want to move to your club unless you guarantee them 1st team/key status.

The choice is yours as whether to offer it or not.

Make the hidden sliders visible again!

I don't even want to change them manually as i like the team/player instructions but it's so frustrating not to know what a team/player instruction or mentality actually does.

As an example, heres a little FM14 quiz for you all.;)

Which tactical setup uses a higher defensive line?

a) Standard, push up much higher

b) Control, Push up higher

c) Attacking, no TI

The answer: No idea.:cool: (enlighten me if someone knows)

My only requests for FM15, as an FMC player:

1) Let me tell my Director of Football to handle all the contract negotiations for my players and transfers.

2) Split the responsibility of choosing which players' contracts to renew and the negotiation of those contracts, so that I can tell my DoF, "Give this guy a new contract" and he'll take it from there.

3) This is the big one. Let me use an edited database in FMC! It sucks having to use the bloated full mode just so I can have the latest transfers included.

As an alternative to 3 above, please consider making instant result and match plans available in the full mode. I know skins are available for the instant result button but without being able to use a custom match plan this is only half a solution.

Make the hidden sliders visible again!

I don't even want to change them manually as i like the team/player instructions but it's so frustrating not to know what a team/player instruction or mentality actually does.

As an example, heres a little FM14 quiz for you all.;)

Which tactical setup uses a higher defensive line?

a) Standard, push up much higher

b) Control, Push up higher

c) Attacking, no TI

The answer: No idea.:cool: (enlighten me if someone knows)

The answer, I believe, is that they're all roughly the same. Going up or down 1 step on TIs (with regards to D-Line) is about the same as going one step up or down on mentality.

But I do agree that good visualisation of changes are needed. However, I don't think showing the sliders is a good way to go about it. Having an actual view of how your tactic will look on the pitch, with players in their rough positions for both defensive and attacking phases, would be far more useful.

On an unrealted note, here's a suggestion based on something I've come across recently: if your reserve team isn't in a league (for example, in my case Ajax's reserves aren't), then can we have an option to tell the AssMan to arrange friendlies for the resreves throughout the season, rather than just in preseason? It's really annoying having to manually arrange matches for an entire year.

As mentioned in my thread a few days ago: Youth Development.

What needs to be introduced is more youth teams (11-14 for example) generated players at the start of the game in each team, as well as ability for

regional youth scouting and youth camps to support this. Develop players from a younger age to your club philosophy. Let's face it, clubs these days take players from a very young age into youth teams at their clubs and FM at present doesn't reflect a realistic youth situation at all.

- Regens (new young players) shouldn't enter at a specified time in the year. This is not the case in real life, so why in the game? In RL, all year round, local scouts are looking for young players who they feel could be a future first team player. Fifa manager although a poor game, at least had the right idea with youth development, incoorporating youth camps and youth teams for generated players as young as 11/12 or 13/14.

- Having more youth teams would allow for greater development for the future of your team. For instance: you know you have 'X' amount of players age 11-14 who are in your future plans. They should obviously start with low CA's but have more room for potential fluctuations, perhaps based upon character and hidden attributes, as well as how they're treated at the club, such as game time, mentoring and development goals e.t.c

- Youth camps would allow teams to gain an advantage in a region.country, particularly if they have good club prestige and/or not many other clubs have camps in the same area. This would allow greater diversity of younger and normal aged regens into teams throughout the game, making it more dynamic.

- Youth trials - selection of youths of school age in a tournament, u can scout/watch e.t.c to see if there may be any you would like to sign up. You could also have a simulated youth/school record for games/goals/av rating e.t.c to indicate early potential before an initial scouting assignment of the said youth(s)/youth tournament.

or alternatively, as a slightly modified down view discussed on the thread;

youth teams split into u19s/18s & u16s. Also at present having an intake just once a year I feel is a little restrictive. I suggest - a youth intake for the teams suggested (under 16,18, 19)twice a year for instance, allowing greater variety at each level, particulary given that some will be discarded. This in theory could lead to around a total of 10-15 players each year being retained, spread across each of the youth levels and then potentially upgrading them the next year or adding if better talent comes in.

- Youth camps would allow teams to gain an advantage in a region.country, particularly if they have good club prestige and/or not many other clubs have camps in the same area. This would allow greater diversity of younger and normal aged regens into teams throughout the game, making it more dynamic.

ahhh, stealing from FMLive again

so the setup of youth camps in foreign locations (pretty sure ManUtd had this with Malta, or something like that)

I quite like the idea of having a French-team manager setup one in Africa (you know, due to the Cotonou [is it that one?] agreement that they have in place)

and then the ability to train in your own skills:

taking a scouting class over the preseason break, to better understand the reports (so you actually know what to do with them, rather than just looking at stars)

getting a UEFA license, to command respect over your players (it's kinda hard if you jump in to a big club, they don't have that respect initially)

1. Match Ratings should be calculated in a completely different way. It's unbelievably rare to see a player who hasn't scored or assisted getting more than 6.7-6.9. You never see a CDM gets 8.0 for an amazing defensive display, or a AMR getting a 7.5 just for leading the attack even if he hasn't scored. Only when you win 5-0 players gets high rating even when they don't assist or score.

2. On leagues with foreign players limit, the AI is completely dumb and sometimes buys like 8 foreign players when he can only register 5. At least that's the case in my Israeli League save. Not realistic and makes the game less competitive.

- An option to hide selected players from the squad view.

My reasoning is that I often have a few veteran players in the squad just for tutoring purposes. They're not getting more than a few games in a season, if any. But they do clog up the squad view making it more troublesome to find the players that I'm looking for. I don't want to move them down to the B-team (I suspect that breaks the tutoring and perhaps also lowers their reputation over time).

hope the interface is better, really poor for 2014 version imo. hate hate hate the graph's for attribute progress/finances etc where it's not easy to follow where exactly the line is. you should be able to hover over any point or something and it gives you a reading. it's fine for a quick glance and thinking 'ah, yea his attacking attributes have increased' but trying to look closer and find out what's gone up and by how many points exactly takes way too much time.

i'd like there to be something like a little +2 or -1 icon to tell me exactly how much the players attributes are changing since the start of the season or something along those lines.

Archived