What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

Quite like the sound of this.

I would actually though, really like it if SI took a year to not add any new features and instead refined and perfected the myriad different features that already exist and don't work completely as they should.

Have to agree with this.

Even though i think the current me is the best yet, i still think there is room for improvement.

Personally speaking, i'd happily pay full price for fm15 if it had zero new features but a significantly improved ME (i'm including player animations in that category by the way)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When there is a Cup draw that involves groups of some sort, (like the EURO Cup I am currently in), then as the draw is made, I would like the groups to automatically scroll up and down as each new club is placed in it's group. At the moment there are 12 groups, and you can scroll up and down through them no problem, but I don't want to have to.

More specific half time team talk options.

For example, if a player has taken 5+ long shots in the first half, you could have an option to say "I want you to shoot from range less" (similar to how you can ask them not to get a second yellow) or if a striker has missed 5+ chances, you could say "keep shooting" etc. If the AI right winger has put in 5+ crosses, you could tell your left back "I need you to mark your opponent tighter", that sort of thing.

It is about time the ME visuals were updated. I've seen promises of new animations in the past few preview podcasts but they've made little difference, and the few noticeable additions are of the same poor quality. It says a lot when mere text and numbers engross you so much, only to be brought back to the reality that it's a game when you see slow, clumsy, inhuman displays on the pitch. Oh and the ball suddenly flying back into the keeper's hands as if he were using the force. I once witnessed an opposing keeper (fortunately), deflect a ball from one end of the 6 yard box and proceed to stand there watching it travel at turtle pace quite some distance to the goal before sprinting to it after it had crossed the line.

I'd like to see some balancing of chances taken in reference to player finishing/heading ability too. This isn't a gripe as I'm referring to AI too. But I see far too many games where a team will win after having 1 or even 0 shots on target, whilst the other team have spurned too many simple one on ones.

Please reduce the number of shots wide players take from narrow angles.

Also, are free kicks broken? I've seen only one direct free kick scored since the latest update.

Please change the corners and set pieces options so they're less rigid. Sometimes i'd like to instruct more than one player to lurk.

Finally, what's with the limited variety of goals? Please introduce more rebound chances, and where's the deflections? I've never seen a deflected goal in fm14, yet I've seen 5-10 mistaken crosses end up in the net each season.

Quite like the sound of this.

I would actually though, really like it if SI took a year to not add any new features and instead refined and perfected the myriad different features that already exist and don't work completely as they should.

Have to agree with this.

Even though i think the current me is the best yet, i still think there is room for improvement.

Personally speaking, i'd happily pay full price for fm15 if it had zero new features but a significantly improved ME (i'm including player animations in that category by the way)

Indeed, I'd actually be far more inclined to buy a following version if it was a near perfected version of the previous one rather than one that added yet more features that don't really work properly.

Tactical Shape where you can set how your team behave moving forward and how it behaves when defending for instant chelsea when defending has there CM turn into DMs and Attackers into CM and while pushing forward the wingers become strikers and the DMs move forward into a more CM/AM role.

Currently the roles don't give you this type of freedom.

Training Report before matches so we can see how players behave in match training so we can have a more realistic feeling when selecting staring 11.

Better Celebration and Users going up and collecting a trophy after winning a tile

The abililty to actually form relationships with managers and then, phone them up for advice?

So, if i'm playing Barcelona in the CL, i could Private Chat with Ancelotti and ask him about Danger Men, Likely line up etc.

I know Scout Report does that so this is more for RP reasons than anything else

Don't know if this has been said before,

some 'enlargement' of this;

When a player wants to move to a bigger club, you can talk to him, and convince him to stay.

Why not when you want to buy a player, but the player wants to play on a bigger level than your club,

why can't you convince him to play for your club and aim for the prizes?

I know you can say you're interested in the player and you really want to sign him, but not reallt convince a player.

Cheers

I'd like to have more to offer a player in terms of enticing them to stay at a club. I've just reached the play-offs and someone has asked to move. I said I wanted them to stay until promotion and my only option was to say by the end of the next season.

I'd like the option to be able to say that if we're not successful in the play-offs i'll let them go. Or put it to them as to whether there is anything they want, like to bring in/release a specific player, or to increase their wage.

I would like to see scouting made easier to handle.

I have one scout on next opposition and the region I'm working in.

One scout is scouting the world (out of principle, he's just scouting countries I scout anyways…)

The other scouts get 5 countries each.

First it is a real pain to assign scouts to countries. I'd love to be able to draw a scout on the country instead of selecting from the drop-down-menu.

Second, I would love to be able to have the scouts automatically repeat the countries they are assigned to. Because today I have to wait until all assignments are finished and then go and restart them. I cannot hit the restart button when the report arrives because the country will be added at the beginning of the list and not at the end.

Id like the idea of FM to change a bit which would be to have another option/database in the game similar to that of well fantasy league, ultimate team on fifa or best example is football manager live.

Still using real teams and players but you have initial budget of x mil say depending on which division you want to start and you then pick initial squad of players from entire database out there (as if you were searching for players to buy).

Also incoparated into this is building a stadium so more seats means more income then of course coaches etc etc.

Then yes once you have your team, somehow all other teaams are assigned players in a similar way (I can see this bit being a bit complex but you know what I mean).

Then away you go play as normal but knowing you say start the prem with man city all teams are on par and having got squads together in a same kind of way so each game will be so "unknown" but winning the league will be a truely good and fair achievement.

More specific half time team talk options.

For example, if a player has taken 5+ long shots in the first half, you could have an option to say "I want you to shoot from range less" (similar to how you can ask them not to get a second yellow) or if a striker has missed 5+ chances, you could say "keep shooting" etc. If the AI right winger has put in 5+ crosses, you could tell your left back "I need you to mark your opponent tighter", that sort of thing.

you can do all of this from tactics.

You can change the "long Shot" settings to rarely or often for your striker or AM. You can put your LB to man-mark against the opponent RM.

Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but the ability to reject staff job applications would be good. I like the fact that on FM14 the new applicants are highlighted when you leave an advert running, which makes it easier to see applicants you haven't looked at yet, but it would be nice to be able to bin applications so that the whole list looks a bit more tidy.

Also, staff shortlists would be a good addition. It would be especially handy for when you have 2 very good applicants for one staff position, so that you could shortlist the one who misses out in case the chosen staff member got poached/retired/refused a contract etc.

When searching for players - when you add a new attribute - NOT to have everything reset.

i.e. you search for someone - 17 pace, 14 acceleration, 13 finishing - search, and get your preliminary list.

You then add in heading to 15 and confirm - it resets each attribute to 15.

A Pre-Game Editor that works as intended and is supported by the Dev Team to a greater extent.

More interaction options with other players/managers would be great as well. FM14 was a step in the right direction in that aspect.

Better manager interaction..many times i am either neutral or complimentary about a manager yet after match i get messages about a feud and the other manager gloating that my unprofessional behaviour has been punished. This irks me somewhat..

When you are offering contracts to players, I hate the fiddly little boxes that you have to play around with to add or delete the additional clauses. I hate giving yearly % wage rises. I never give sell on fee % and I absolutely love optional contract extensions.

Because that makes bargaining a bit of a to and fro situation, I don't want to be mucking about with a piddly little box each time.

What would make it much easier is if the whole page just scrolled down. :thup: Please.

Things I Would Like To Improve FM Are:

• A Whole Revamp Of The International Setup Its Ridiculous & Dont Work
  • Players With High Technique & Flair Attributes Should Be Able To Do Tricks To Get Past Players Stepovers Etc Or Maybe Make A New Attribute Called Skill Which Would Mean A Players Rating Of Doing That Sucessfully Only For The Attacking Players Wingers Inside Forwards AMC's Strikers
  • Rethink The Whole Injury System No Way That Many Players In Each Team Get Broken Legs Hamstring Injurys 5 Times A Season When They Arent Injury Prone
  • Press Conferences Need To Have Variety Its Just So Boring You Know What To Say All The Time
  • More Ways Of Unsettling Players Having The Option If You Have An International Player From The Same Team To Talk To Him
  • Talking To International Managers Asking Why Players Wernt Called Up When They Have Been Performing For Your Team
  • Fix The Transfer System It Stinks

The ability to provisionally select a squad for continental cup competitions before they start. I've usually bought the bulk of my players before registration opens, and trying to work out the permutations of home-grown and U21 players in your head is frustrating to say the least.

We should be able to specify how many newgens we want the game to create from a country. I assume that currently the game will try to keep the amount of players from a nation about the same as it were at start-up. But sometimes that may not be how we want to have it later in the game.

If I think that Ethiopia will be a future powerhouse in the football world I can load all players from that country. However, that will only get me around 150 players with the current database. I could then go into these settings and tell the game that I want to have 450 players from Ethiopia instead and then the game will generate newgens over time to push up the number of Ethiopian players to that number. Some other countries have less then 100 players in the database, so then it would be good to tell the game that I want you to create about the same amount of newgens as every other country.

If I have a computer that are not state-of-the-art but still want to play one save in several countries this can also be useful. If I start a game in England the game will load a few thousand players from there. Then after a season or two I decide that I want to continue the save in Spain. So I make Spain an active league which will generate a few thousand players in Spanish teams. After the move I then de-activate England to save processor power. However, there will still be thousands of English players in the database so then I can also go into the settings and tell the game to lower the amount of English players which it will then do by gradually lower the amount of newgens over the next years.

So maybe as a new tab in the same page where we can add/remove league we could get a list of all countries followed by a number which would then be the approximate number of players that the game will try to upkeep from every nation. A number that we could change. At the bottom there should also be a an approxiamte number of how many players it will be in total with the current settings.

Sorry if this has been already mentioned

I think an option to change the database and add players the way we can add new leagues. So if in December 2015 I find there's not enough South American players I can set it to "Load all players from continent" or whatever the option is called, and then from the next youth intake days the amount of regens are increased

Workable?

edit: Realised the poster above me posted something similar, woops

I would love if SI would produce a new skin that would make Football Manager look like Football Manager Classic. The FMC skin looks so great it makes me want to try it. However if I do I know there will be features from the main game I would miss. The current skin for FM looks dull compared to FMC. I hope SI would consider updating the FM skin to make it as pleasing looking as FMC.

Allow you to select captain for the season just before your pre season team meeting if it isn't your first day in the job. It is not realistic to play your first competitive game and then be asked a week later (for example this happens if your team plays in the community shield in England).

^Hah, opposite for me. The FMC skin makes the mode unplayable for me, the normal FM skin in Dark is perfect for me

You could look on the Steam workshop?

I have as well as other websites. I found 1 skin that works but only if you use the appropriate resolution. If you don't than text won't fit in the panels and the skin won't look right. I also found a skin that makes FM look like FMC however it crashes all the time. Other people have reported it crashing but the skin was never updated. I also don't care for dark skins. I prefer to use the white skins.

Jeff

- less use of away kits for no reason: played a Merseyside derby with Liverpool in purple last season!

- fewer disallowed goals for offside from freekicks...

But particularly the away kit thing, very frustrating and unrealistic, particularly in the case of such a historic match

Don't know if this has been said before,

some 'enlargement' of this;

When a player wants to move to a bigger club, you can talk to him, and convince him to stay.

Why not when you want to buy a player, but the player wants to play on a bigger level than your club,

why can't you convince him to play for your club and aim for the prizes?

I know you can say you're interested in the player and you really want to sign him, but not reallt convince a player.

Cheers

As for convincing of players to sign/stay etc, you should be able to say your plans to them, like I will sign 'player A' and 'player B' to reach our target, and this be another one of the manager promises that the game currently has.

Guest El Payaso
This would be such a step backwards. Sliders made no sense, team instructions, although still need polish, are definitely the way forward in terms of setting up your team tactically
I wouldn't say that it would be a step backwards to give more tactical options for people who want to tweak and spend time on their tactics. I was quite open for this new system and after loads of gaming hours in the new version I'm finding it highly boring: two minutes and you have good or decent tactic set up and after that you don't have even sensible options to tweak it.

I wouldn't necessarily want to go back to sliders but more versatility is a thing that I think that many of us need. Ability to create different kinds of patterns in pressing and passing would be cool and the ability to be able to influence to players' positioning in certain situations. I see loads of situations where I would like to tell my players to position themselves differently, especially when they are doing closing down. IRL I would be able to tell them this; in game I can't. For example to wingers I would like to say to position themselves always between the opposition's full-back and winger to not let them play easy passing game between them and for my lone striker to position himself always so that when he closes down the centre backs: position yourself always so that you block one passing line between centre back and central midfielder.

Already this positioning option would improve general defending in the game a lot.

Not sure if someone else posted this wish, if so I fully stand by you. I would like appoint a successor action if you been at a club for a long time, and you find it time to leave. Basically what Alex Ferguson did with Moyes. Like if you get Legend status and you decide to resign to manage another club that you can suggest your assistant manager or any coaches, or managers you would think would suit the club you will leave.

Would be nice to see this option though. :)

Why would a manager that goes on to manage another club get to chose his successor? It would make sense in a Sir Alex scenario where the old manager retires altogether, but then it would not be very useful in this game since that's essentially game over.

How about a full non-playing career option with the opportunity to work and apply for all the jobs in the Job Centre and embark on a full career such as Start Head of youth or U19 Coach and work your way through to become Manager or Director of Football.

Being a reserve or U 19 Manager shouldn't be much different to what we have now you just have an extra boss and less control on what players,tactics and training you have depending on what your Manager allows.Discussions could be made to decide what,they could also be on the Job description in the advert

Some jobs are possible to do already such as Scout,where you are instructed by your manager to look for a player,scout a region or compile a team report then can fill in a form and add what you see when attending games.

Coaches can be a set of instructions and drills that improve each attribute.

DOF would be a Footballing budget Manager who can direct and distribute finances accordingly.

There then could be interaction between you and other staff.

This could work well with On-line FM where you could have a team of staff.

Too much manager job safety is worked on the league position!

I play now in Scotland 3rd level. January, 3rd team has 34 points, 9th team...30.

Every week my move 3rd > 9th > 4th > 9th > 3rd > 5th> etc. 1 week "very insecure" one week "Secure" one week "very insecure". One week other manager answer "your opposition faces sack" next week not.

My club would know league is big competitive !!~~!!

This might have already been suggested, but I would like the option to send substitute players out to warm up during a match. This could have some effect on the match:

- If the player is substituted without any (of with a very short) warming up he could have a higher risk of getting injured. In case you wish to substitute immediately (e.g. as a result of an injury or red card), you should be willing to take that risk.

- It could be a boost for players on the pitch, especially if they see a competitor for the same position warming up.

- Sending players out to warm up on a regular basis but not giving them any time on the pitch could have an effect on their morale.

- Players with very low morale could sometimes refuse warming up, for which you could fine them.

1) The option of taking your staff with you if you get offered another job elsewhere

2) Foul throws

3) Drop balls

4) More stadium builds

5) England C Team

6) Perhaps even the option of fans actually advertising their businesses on the advertising hoardings on a rolling fee to SI???? I want a cut if you use this!!!

Archived