What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

I would like to have ratings of a tactic. For example I have a 4-4-2 tactics with different roles and duties. So, there is a attack rating to tell me how attacking the tactic is or a defense rating to tell me how defensive the tactic is.

Also, have simple animations to illustrate how a player with a particular role and duty would play.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More of a suggestion, idea, than a wishful feature. Something that could completely change the landscape of Football Manager. In a nutshell it involves power-ups, Steam Trading and 'trading cards'. Bare with me.

So a user is playing a game of FM, and let's say he wins the UEFA Champions League. The game awards the user with a 'trading card'. I use the term loosely, I stress that it is NOT something that is used in a card game but a visual representation of a power-up that the user is awarded for his accomplishment which he can either use himself or to trade with other FM users over Steam. The 'trading card' could be, for example, a Morale Booster, one use, can be used in Team Meetings, Pre-Match, Half Time Talks or Post-Match to boost the morale of the squad/team. Another 'trading card' could be given to the user for winning the U20 FIFA World Cup, which could be used one time to increase the potential of a youth player. Possible include an aggressive power up, which can be used to hurt the morale of an opponent's player before you're big clash, which could have repercussions on your reputation (giving you the label of Outspoke, similar to when you question referees one too many times).

There is a wide assortment of power-ups you could create. The next step would be being able to bundle them into Booster Packs, much like trading cards are at retail. Which could be award for completing the newly introduced challenges the first time round. You could monetize it, make a cash shop where user's could buy a Booster Pack for a few pounds, which would contain any number of power-ups inside, where they can either use them themselves or trade/gift them with other FM users. You could build up a large online community involved in trading for these 'trading cards', similar to how Valve's Team Fortress 2 community trade's the vanity hats. It would give added incentive for users to communicate with each other over Steam. It would add an additional addictiveness layer to the game, possibly with some sort of collection/achievement level added to it. People love to collect things!

How the power-ups are awarded, what they are and so forth is up to you. The obvious pitfalls are it would change the player base and the very nature of the game. It would be a big shake up. FM has already touched on the idea with the unlock buys in Classic and could stretch further with this idea. For the stubborn players, you could have a check box at the start to turn off the power-up system or make it non-intrusive so players can ignore it if they don't like the system. Another issue that would need to be solved is cheating. User who uses a cheat program (or a simple hex editor), even saving and reloading could exploit the system to gain a lot of these power-ups and flood the community with them. I don't have an answer to that, except from FM becoming a lot more online based, which honestly feel it's needed to do for some time (online player database which is constantly updated by the researchers).

Overall it would add a new level to the game, add to it's addictiveness, would give user's who struggle an extra option, more depth and control for experienced users, including more goals/achievements to aim for, and can become an additional source of income for SI. Either way, just an idea I came up with and felt the need to share.

I would like the top 3 players of a squad be highlighted and have a star after their name in the team page, just like old CM games used to have. Make it optional.

And the top 3 players of a team should be chosen by Reputation rather than by CA.

I'd like to see AI managers to properly use and develop their players. It's so disappointing to see eg. player like Messi being completely misused by the AI manager. Real life Messi can score 86 goals in a season FM13 Messi can do maybe 40-50 and that's only one first or second season, by 3-5th season his always down to like 20-30 goals because the AI managers just suck at using their players. Same goes with them being just plain bad at developing new players and giving them chances to play for the first team and get good loans.

I haven't followed this thread, but in many other threads I have come with some suggestions for the future. I think those wishes should be kept to the respective threads because they are more about FM's general direction forwards than actual realistic features.

So here is a list of features I would like to be added to future FM versions, and which I believe would be easy to implement.

* Customizable squad sorting. If there are many players with many positions, they end up in vastly different places in the squad screen than where I play them. If I could just drag and drop players so that everyone I use as a left back are grouped together etc, the squad screen would be much more tidy.

* More active fans. Ïnstead of just press conferences and flamewars between managers as the game's media interaction, direct and indirect interaction with the club's fans would feel much more immersive. The game lacks the football fan as a factor, and I believe this is why winning something feels like such an anticlimax sometimes. Nothing happens!

* Zoom. To get sharp, pleasant fonts I need to play at higher resolutions, but this is impossible to me since everything becomes so small that I can hardly hit the right spot with the mouse pointer at 1080p. If I was able to zoom in just like with any web browser, this problem could have been solved for everyone once and for all.

* Something to use my wages for. Like new cars, girls, wine and parties all night long and.... nah just kidding.

More of a suggestion, idea, than a wishful feature. Something that could completely change the landscape of Football Manager. In a nutshell it involves power-ups, Steam Trading and 'trading cards'. Bare with me.

So a user is playing a game of FM, and let's say he wins the UEFA Champions League. The game awards the user with a 'trading card'. I use the term loosely, I stress that it is NOT something that is used in a card game but a visual representation of a power-up that the user is awarded for his accomplishment which he can either use himself or to trade with other FM users over Steam. The 'trading card' could be, for example, a Morale Booster, one use, can be used in Team Meetings, Pre-Match, Half Time Talks or Post-Match to boost the morale of the squad/team. Another 'trading card' could be given to the user for winning the U20 FIFA World Cup, which could be used one time to increase the potential of a youth player. Possible include an aggressive power up, which can be used to hurt the morale of an opponent's player before you're big clash, which could have repercussions on your reputation (giving you the label of Outspoke, similar to when you question referees one too many times).

There is a wide assortment of power-ups you could create. The next step would be being able to bundle them into Booster Packs, much like trading cards are at retail. Which could be award for completing the newly introduced challenges the first time round. You could monetize it, make a cash shop where user's could buy a Booster Pack for a few pounds, which would contain any number of power-ups inside, where they can either use them themselves or trade/gift them with other FM users. You could build up a large online community involved in trading for these 'trading cards', similar to how Valve's Team Fortress 2 community trade's the vanity hats. It would give added incentive for users to communicate with each other over Steam. It would add an additional addictiveness layer to the game, possibly with some sort of collection/achievement level added to it. People love to collect things!

How the power-ups are awarded, what they are and so forth is up to you. The obvious pitfalls are it would change the player base and the very nature of the game. It would be a big shake up. FM has already touched on the idea with the unlock buys in Classic and could stretch further with this idea. For the stubborn players, you could have a check box at the start to turn off the power-up system or make it non-intrusive so players can ignore it if they don't like the system. Another issue that would need to be solved is cheating. User who uses a cheat program (or a simple hex editor), even saving and reloading could exploit the system to gain a lot of these power-ups and flood the community with them. I don't have an answer to that, except from FM becoming a lot more online based, which honestly feel it's needed to do for some time (online player database which is constantly updated by the researchers).

Overall it would add a new level to the game, add to it's addictiveness, would give user's who struggle an extra option, more depth and control for experienced users, including more goals/achievements to aim for, and can become an additional source of income for SI. Either way, just an idea I came up with and felt the need to share.

Sorry but why would SI add something like this . It is supposed to be a realistic imitation of football not a pokemon type rpg

I know this probably has been mentioned numerous times, but I'll say this for the sake of showing that there is some demand for... a 64-bit version of FM.

Could someone please explain to me, the bennefits of having FM in a 64-bit version?

(i dont understand much about computers)

......* Customizable squad sorting. If there are many players with many positions, they end up in vastly different places in the squad screen than where I play them. If I could just drag and drop players so that everyone I use as a left back are grouped together etc, the squad screen would be much more tidy.....

Good idea, would be a handy addition.

Could someone please explain to me, the bennefits of having FM in a 64-bit version?

(i dont understand much about computers)

The processing speed will be more than doubled with a 64 bit switch, however this will not happen anytime soon since there are people with older PC's that don't support 64 bit and SI don't want to lose customers.

I said it before but would love to see it for fm14 is splitting of pa in to physical, mental and technical pa's. I feel that this would be more realistic as a physical Walcott has low mental pa average technical pa and big physical pa. Conversely Messi has low physical pa but high mental and technical. I don't think that by abandoning everything but physical training Messi would have been a beef cake.

• SI Staff

Hello;

Don't know if it had been mentionned yet but I'd like to be able 2 kinds of free kicks takers.

One for direct free kicks, close to the goals; exemple one player good in free kick; shooting; long shots but fairly poor in crossing....the second one for non direct kicks from other part of the pitch..for a player good in free kick and crossing.

Maybe is that already so, but it seems not....or I just don't know how to switch.:o

Well, it would be great! Especially for lower leagues where finding a player combining all these attributes is quite rare!

Have a nice day

My suggestions regard the new roles of Director of Football and Head of Youth Development. Specifically the new things that you can ask a member of your staff to do such as buying players.

First, I love the new features. Essentially what I would like to be able to do is talk to the people in these roles and tell them to look for particular things.

For instance, my DoF right now keeps trying to buy me a left back, but I would really prefer for him to be looking for a winger. Sure, I can do it myself. But it would be more fun if I could have a staff conversation with him and say "look for a winger who is under age 26. He keeps trying to spend $10 million on 30 year old players. Similarly it would be cool if my HoYD could be told what to look for as well. And my chief scout. Basically just more of an ability to tune their job description.

Also, I wish SI would make an american football management game :) After playing FM for the last few years I've been unable to really get into any other sports games. The depth and quality and dedication to representing the excitement of the sport shines through in everything you guys do. Consider this a huge "thank you" from me for all you do. I really appreciate SI.

My suggestions regard the youth system. What do you think about let you start your carrier couching the youth team. I think if we would like to reach a real life carrier ... apart some cases ... no one will go to manage at 30 years old. I don't think Man Utd will get a 30 years old manager ... but adding this possibility will improve absolutely the game. You can hire for the youth club ... and start your first steps in the youth league and imo can be a good way to prepare yourself with future regens as you have to play in that league you will know the new players etc. So my suggestions is to get a new look at all the youth system introducing a real role for youth manager career.

M

The processing speed will be more than doubled with a 64 bit switch, however this will not happen anytime soon since there are people with older PC's that don't support 64 bit and SI don't want to lose customers.

So with a computer with the same specs... the game will run faster if it is in 64-bit?

So with a computer with the same specs... the game will run faster if it is in 64-bit?

Yes it would and I am all for 64 bit having a machine I built myself for gaming and video editing.

There has only been a few games over the years that have been 64 bit and my most favourite was Crysis 1, that game rocked.

More and more PC and laptops are now being sold with more ram which results in 64 bit operating software to recognize the more ram.

So be nice to see a 64 bit version one day of this game as it would make the game more quicker and more bigger.

Ignore the nonsense about it running twice as fast as a 64bit program than as a 32bit one. It's a common misconception that still hasn't been killed off.

What a 64bit version would do is allow the program to use more than 4GB of RAM. On a machine that has the memory to spare, FM would be able to run faster by caching more data, leading to faster fixture processing and a more responsive game. You would probably need a minimum of 8GB just to notice any difference though since the OS reserves some memory for itself.

It would result in a nice speed up for those with enough RAM, but it wouldn't be as mindblowing as some would like to believe.

It's worth pointing out that now 64bit is mainstream, having a 32bit version only is extremely odd.

Too much to read through so I apologise if it's been mentioned before?

I know there's a lot of people out there who like to mod the games graphics etc (eg kits) and when we start a game only the licensed teams have proper kits etc.

Why not do away with those licensed kits and have the kits all generic but looking like the proper ones minus sponsors etc.

In this way the game could then every 1 or 2 seasons change the teams kits either slightly (keeping colours but change styles) or completely like away kits and changes the complete colours and styles, this would also then mean when the away kit is worn the teams colours would also change in the scoreboard and commentary to reflect these changes.

I only wonder if this would be possible as after many seasons the teams have the same kits on the pitch season in season out and it would add a small amount of realism to that part of the game?

More dynamics. AFC rankings, dynamic youth rating (not sure if that's already implemented) and dynamic game importance within nations. Also, better TV and prize money increases if a nation becomes big since sometimes the lower clubs won't have any money and it'll cause a ridiculous split in league quality (even more than the old firm and the SPL).

Even though they are not always accurate, I personally enjoy the descriptions that players can achieve through stats, reputation and other parameters. And yet, I always feel that there are not enough of them.

What struck me most is that those descriptions are almost never linked to a player's achievements. The only two ones that could be considered doing so is "wonderkid" and "legendary", but the former is mostly tied to reputation as well. (not a bad thing, just that some players who usually deserve it don't get it.)

Just now I noticed a 37 year old GK from Morocco getting a transfer to Bayern for his last playing years. Regardless of having stats that would leave anyone's jaw hanging and 14 trophies on his shoulder, he was described merely as "experienced goalkeeper".

But it was not the lack of legendary status that seemed wrong, it was his caps for Morocco. Over his career he did 199 appearances for his national team. He was there when Morocco reached the status of one of the top 10 countries and for years and years. The least status he would have would be a national hero for the football fans of his country.

I'd personally love more descriptions.

Some of the new roles, the attributes best suited for those roles are still kind of up in the air. Though it was confirmed in one of the previous podcasts that the style of play (formation, etc) of the Director of Football (and presumably Head of Youth) are important. May notice there is a problem with that, as the FM doesn't currently allow us to search for staff via those parameters.

Example, I currently play as a 4-3-3, balanced passing. I want a DoF and HoYD who are similar to my style of play. Currently I have to search for the regular attributes I want such as 10+ Judging Playing Potential, 10+ Working with Youngsters, etc. I then get back 30 results. I then have to go through each of those to manually filter out (in my head!) which of those fit my style of play. Where as if I could search by style of play as well, I could reduce the results to better match what I am looking for.

Would also like the ability to search for staff by International Caps. No idea if the staff having caps makes a difference to them (though it hints to it at International Management), but it would be nice to find staff that way.

Conversely Messi has low physical pa but high mental and technical. I don't think that by abandoning everything but physical training Messi would have been a beef cake.

I can let a lot of thigns go, but this claim is just preposterous!

Messi's lack of growth hormone production left him rather small, but otherwise I'd claim that Messi is incredible physically. Superb acceleration, agility, balance and fantastic natural fitness make him one of the best in fact. Without the physical side he wouldn't be the player he is.

I would like a slider system for corners / free kicks. I know that you can set up individual instructions for your players, but changing midgame is a fiddle.

How about something like the free kick / penalty taker preferences where you could drop people in for "go forward" "stay back" and then you would load your people in.... your tall centre backs in stay back, your nippy little winger in go forward for instance and then your players in the categories as you see fit.

You could then have a simple slider for corners free kicks -how many people do you want back? If you're winning / defending / up against a good team you would slide this "up" and the game would look at the lists of your preferences for who would be forward / back and change the individual instructions as per that.

It would also prevent (to some degree) that horrible feeling when you start the game with your 6 foot 2 striker marking a tall player; then sub him only to see your instructions disappear.

Equally it would mean that your tall players would always be "back" (if you wished) even if you play them in different places...

Would be nice to ask your scout to make a highlight video of scouted players, with goals, tackles, saves, key passes, crosses etc so you can get an impression of how the player plays and if his playing style fits into your side..

Would also like to see scouting agencies, so that if you rarely scout any players or are in financial trouble you can hire a scout from an agency to go on scouting trips or to compile reports on players for a fee...

Would be nice to ask your scout to make a highlight video of scouted players, with goals, tackles, saves, key passes, crosses etc so you can get an impression of how the player plays and if his playing style fits into your side..

I like this idea. Would be nice to compile a "compilation" video of players, especially those that have been scouted for multiple games. I think it would add extra depth on top of the player report cards.

+1 from me.

Would be nice to ask your scout to make a highlight video of scouted players, with goals, tackles, saves, key passes, crosses etc so you can get an impression of how the player plays and if his playing style fits into your side...

This is something I have wished for on occasion, but somehow never voiced it aloud. (mainly because I'm still playing 2011 so I'm less active in this thread in general)

Thanks for doing it for me. :)

The simplest way would be to gather all the highlights of a single player from a match (the same stuff you can see from the analysis tab in a match). That would surely give you a good idea how the player is.

Your own and your opponents player should have this available without scouting after the match.

How to deal with inactive leagues though?

After seeing a vid of football manager in some cartoon game I'd really like to flip that and see some cartoon character comedy teams and players to get in FM13, maybe as a dlc pack if people feel it will take away from the vibe of the game

I've mentioned this before and I will keep mentioning it until I see a response from someeone at SI. I am completely and utterly sick to death of having penalties taken by someone who has already scored 2 goals in the game. I can't remember what version it was that they introduced this pathetic bit of tat into the game, but I have never liked it (it wasn't ever asked for) and I don't want it. If they are insistant in including this nonsense then either give me an option in the settings to turn it off or add an option for me to fine the player for taking it if I have a set list of penalty takers.

Why must SI infuriate me so much by including this, I HATE it!!!!!

I think that players should be sometimes brought to press conferences.

That would cause them to be more interesting, player who will come, will be telling us about his feelings about match, squad atmosphere, and so on.

Sorry for bad english ;)

Didn't something like that happen occasionally in one of the older games? It may have been one of the first FM games, or possibly even around the CM4 era.

Every now and then you would get sent a highlights reel of a player who was available for a transfer.

As far as I'm aware it was from the said player's agent who's looking for a new club for his client. Don't fully recall it being from the scouts.

Yeah, I'm repeating my wish in post #1050. Let us choose which kit teams wear before the games.

2wqwftx.jpg

This one is Little Rock (in their home kit: red shirts with white sides, red shorts, white socks) vs. Tucson (in their home kit: sky blue and red hooped shirts, red shorts, sky blue socks). Tucson's away kit is white and sky blue hoops, Little Rock's is all white. Either would be clearer than this.

Here is something in a little bit similar vein to what Lawlore says above: I think it would be great if "COLOUR_CHANGE" (with .lnc files) was brought back. To be able to change team colours whenever one wants definetely was a big plus, but sadly it seems to have been removed from the game. Even IRL teams change especially their away and third kits from season to season, and merely using custom 3d and 2d kits is restrictive (and can lead to colour conflicts).

My biggest wish for next years edition is that the game is actually playable on release day and that we do not have to wait more than 3 months to play the game. Shame on you SI, enjoy my 25 pounds you money sucking vampires.

The game is playable though. :rolleyes:

I would like to be able to enable/disable those features that I do not want included in my save. Perhaps a list of modular features with a checkbox next to each that can be used to turn that particular feature on/off? I don't enjoy dealing with press conferences or talking to players, as I find the whole mechanic extremely repetitive. I know I can assign my Assistant Manager to handle these tasks, but at lower levels the AI of the backroom staff is pretty poor and their input usually has a catastrophic effect on the morale of my players.

Yes I know we now have FMC, but I find that game mode too simplistic and I want to be able to run more than three leagues at any one time.

I would like to be able to enable/disable those features that I do not want included in my save. Perhaps a list of modular features with a checkbox next to each that can be used to turn that particular feature on/off? I don't enjoy dealing with press conferences or talking to players, as I find the whole mechanic extremely repetitive. I know I can assign my Assistant Manager to handle these tasks, but at lower levels the AI of the backroom staff is pretty poor and their input usually has a catastrophic effect on the morale of my players.

Yes I know we now have FMC, but I find that game mode too simplistic and I want to be able to run more than three leagues at any one time.

That's better a better explanation than the point I made on the previous page regarding "modular" game features. :thup:

Please make the players understand that, when I promise them some first team football, I mean AFTER they are out of the injury.

Old and soon to be retired coaches/physios will nurture young ones

Too much yellow cards discipline. We should be able to at least talk to players and warn them

Please do not grey-out any of the talking options when we try to talk to players or press. Unrealistic.

I think the AI needs some major work. It seems a bit too omniscient.

Top AI teams usually snatch up the wonderkids before humans even get a chance to scout them. Especially in multiplayer games where you play with a small database. I've tested it a few times by memory editing one of my worst players into a 200 PA wonderkid, and instantly there's several AI teams making offers for him...before the day is even over.

In similar vein, every player and agent in the world seems to know exactly how much cash you have to spare. If you have a large surplus, the players seem to always adjust their contract demands.

What else...

Ah yes. I think the game is actually getting too realistic in some ways. I mainly enjoy FM for the sandbox aspects. One of my favorite runs from FM12 was assembling a team with low Sportsmanship & high Dirtiness. That was fun to watch. I remember an instance where the opponent was setting up a penalty shot..and one of my players just walks up to him and scissor kicks him. I used to love using weird tactics and formations, unconventional teams, etc. But that's a sure way to consistently lose now.

Casual mode would be great.

This thread become like SI Basket for some some threads. Once the basket become full, you would find it's boring to look at it even if there is something you are searching for.

still can't believe that people keep posting, last comment from SI staff was on 25-10-2012 #962 .. and each time we hardly even seen our suggestions being considered seriously.

sorry.

This thread become like SI Basket for some some threads. Once the basket become full, you would find it's boring to look at it even if there is something you are searching for.

still can't believe that people keep posting, last comment from SI staff was on 25-10-2012 #962 .. and each time we hardly even seen our suggestions being considered seriously.

sorry.

They read this thread constantly and anything they consider worthy of consideration gets added to the (very long) list of potential changes to the game for the future.

They rarely enter into discussion unless they need something clarified, they don't need to for the purpose of this thread to be achieved and they certainly aren't going to intimate here whether or not individual suggestions are planned to be included, though they do often give retrospective credit when they are.

Bear in mind FM14 features have already been decided too.

Most modern cpu's are now 64bit. What people are usually refering to are the people that are still using a 32 bit operating system, which is a bit like owning a ferrari and driving with the handbrake on. Sooner or later developers will start producing 64bit applications exclusively and the 32bit market will pass into history. Of course as soon as this happens 128bit processors will become mainstream .... c'est la vie :)

Chinese gambling syndicates. I think adding corrupt FIFA/UEFA officials and Chinese gambling syndicates would remarkably improve the realism of the game. Just imagine how realistic it will be!

Also perhaps a semi-functional ME would be nice, preferably one which does not make me feel like I'm watching a blooper compilation.

transfers need sorting but say this every year offered a player 50k with add ons agent wanted 80k etc refused as top wage was 60k player moves to smaller club on 20k never happens in real life,a playable ME ,and youth acadmeys in diffrent parts of the world eg have 1 in brazil and 1 in croatia send your youngster there for work permit for 2 years instead of 1 year at a time,and every other club gets 1 good regen minium a year we get 1 every 10 ,and other managers/players have more than 1 fave club why carnt we ?

Archived