SnakeXe

Cannot purchase from Google play store

9 posts in this topic

Hi, tried to purchase the game from the Google play store on my Transformer Prime and its saying I cant purchase the game in my country. I was in Karlsruhe last week for a conference but am back in the UK now so don't know whether that would affect it?

Did you purchase the device in that country or create the google account while there?

No to both. The only thing I can think of is I downloaded one app whilst there, would that relocate it or something? I've downloaded a couple since returning though so I wouldn't have thought so...

Try clearing the store cache and see if that helps fix the situation, does sound very unusual - not something I've heard of before.

Clearing cache did not help so I have raised it with Google's support system, I'll keep this thread updated with any solution that is forthcoming, in case anyone has the same problem.

Ok Google want me to do a factory reset. Given the amount of time I've spent setting things up the way I like it - and I only purchased it recently - this is quite a slap in the face to be honest.

I might just stick to the PC version.

Creating a new Google account and buying through that fixed it. I think that shows it's a problem with the fact that I was either signed in in Germany, or downloaded an app in Germany.

Thanks for that, it's good to know there's an easy way to solve it if anyone experiences the same issue.