Team designed to inflict injuries

For a bit of fun, I want to create a team with the sole goal of injuring the opposition. Aggression, bravery and tackling would need to be high but are there any other attributes needed (including hidden attributes)?

Low temperament, sportmanship and dirtiness and injury proneness? Losing discipline and tackling like mad, forgetting fair play and just breaking the rules whilst not injuring himself. Oh my god it's Pepe!

For a bit of fun, I want to create a team with the sole goal of injuring the opposition. Aggression, bravery and tackling would need to be high but are there any other attributes needed (including hidden attributes)?

So you want to make the old Wimbledon of the late 80's and early 90's then? ;)

Very high strength ratings combined with aggression, bravery, determination workrate etc, should do the trick. Not exactly how your supposed to play the game though, still each to their own.

Not exactly how your supposed to play the game though, still each to their own.

There's no right way to play football, or a virtual football management game for that matter. Much like any role playing game, play the game as you see fit.

Oh the horror! :)

I wonder if injuries to opposition players will be cancelled out by the red cards, or will it end up giving you an edge (given the right players)?

If you can get 4 opposition players injured every game... It might still only leave you with 20 minutes or so, up a man.

Then again, it will be interesting to see how games under lenient refs go, the opposition will likely lose their cool. Good luck, and have fun! Glad its not real legs you are setting out to break.

Thanks everyone. For those of you interested, my inspiration came from a friendly against a really bad team (as in a team in the lowest tier of the Italian cups) against my team in the EPL where I managed to injure 5 opposition players (3 were replaced). I'd be curious to see what happens when I put out a full team of defensive midfielders/centre backs. Who knows, the game may be abandoned if my team inflicts enough injuries.

Fun idea Jimbo. What about the tactic? What should it look like to encourage rude fouls? Certainly hard tackling for everybody, maybe also maximum closing down for all players. A very fluid philosphy combined with maximum pressing should ensure that your players are frequently caught out of position. Anything more?

"Dives into tackles" would surely be a helpful ppm. Other than that it might mostly be the hidden attributes (like sportsmanship, dirtyness) influencing a players willingness to injure the opponents.

What could a "badass first eleven" look like? Some players to include: first and foremost Pepe. Balotelli upfront, maybe paired with Ibrahimovic. Can't miss Nigel de Jong (remember his foul against Xavi Alonso?). Kevin Prince-Boateng would be a good bet too. Jermaine Jones did a really dirty foul against Marco Reus this season (deliberately stamping on his broken foot). Carlos Marchena, Joey Barton not to forget. Some turkish players could be included as substitutes, they started a nice little brawl after loosing against switzerland

Just manage Stoke City? ;)

On a serious note, trying to think of an XI but a lot of them are the same positions, Barton, Pepe, Balotelli, Kevin Davies? de Jong would be another one.. John Terry perhaps following his red card vs Barca which wasn't kneeded ;)

If only this was a few years ago, could have had a whole squad of them!

What could a "badass first eleven" look like? Some players to include: first and foremost Pepe. Balotelli upfront, maybe paired with Ibrahimovic. Can't miss Nigel de Jong (remember his foul against Xavi Alonso?). Kevin Prince-Boateng would be a good bet too. Jermaine Jones did a really dirty foul against Marco Reus this season (deliberately stamping on his broken foot). Carlos Marchena, Joey Barton not to forget. Some turkish players could be included as substitutes, they started a nice little brawl after loosing against switzerland

Still trying to think of the best and quickest way to test it out, hence the initial post asking for the appropriate attributes. I've thought about buying the "right" players but I fear it'll take too long (besides it might be hard to find 11 Joey Bartons and convince them to come to my club). I might need to muck around with an editor and allocate attributes accordingly - hopefully I won't get posts in here about cheating!

Haven't though about the tactic as I assumed the edited attributes in the players may be sufficient to kickstart the injuries but it is a good point. The right tactic would facilitate the inflicting of injuries - might try to play a team with pace away at a large ground, and then push up. Probably can't have my players too slow otherwise it'll become one on one with the keeper. Not sure how big Arsenal's ground is but they look like a good option - I like to go through the middle with my 41131 and they like to go up and down the flanks.

Wouldn't mind if someone also wants to give this a shot as I'm busy these few weeks with other stuff so might not be able to execute the plan!

Will see if I find the time. I could try to buy those players while managing a rich team (Barca as a team of destroying monsters would be fun). Any suggestions for a goalkeeper (too bad Oli Kahn has retired :)) and wingers/AMCs? And what do you think, should I edit the hidden attributes of the players or just try to buy bad guys and set up a tactic that encourages some nasty fouling? Maybe some editing would be fun to see how far you can go...

Will see if I find the time. I could try to buy those players while managing a rich team (Barca as a team of destroying monsters would be fun). Any suggestions for a goalkeeper (too bad Oli Kahn has retired :)) and wingers/AMCs? And what do you think, should I edit the hidden attributes of the players or just try to buy bad guys and set up a tactic that encourages some nasty fouling? Maybe some editing would be fun to see how far you can go...

In my (5) years of playing FM, I've never had a goalie injure anyone during the game so I don't think it's imperative to get the right goalie. Having said that though having a goalie with high rushing out attribute might be useful. At least he's not blocking shots and coming out of his box into the field As for a real life goalie who may have the right attributes, what about this guy - http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Celta-Vigo-Goalkeeper-charges-up-the-pitch-to-sh?urn=sow,236533

If I play with real players, I only ever buy attacking minded wingers, hence they won't have very good tackling. I'd be going with a tactic like 4231 and playing narrow on a wide pitch, hopefully against a team that likes to play on the flanks. That may encourage my team to chop down their wingers.

Editing players would be the quickest - unless you've already got a team with the requisite attributes. But I can't imagine many teams would want more than 1 or 2 of Balotelli/Barton/De Jong!

Ok guys, the experiment has started. I've chosen Man City as a team and tricked slightly with the editor. Joey Barton and Pepe have joined my team and I created two blood thirsty beasts of new players.

One game played (against Man City Reservers) and it was a slight dissappointment. Only one of the opponents had to be substituted due to injury and it wasn't even a severe one. The lack of any cards was a slight dissappointment too. One of the problems was certainly the high possession. So in addition to hard tackling and full closing down for all players, I'll set passing to very direct and through balls to often for all players.

Update: second game: won 3:0 against Inverness. Guess what happened. de Jong and Balotelli managed to get a yellow card. Clichy and Balotelli picked up a knock, Silva was out injured. None of the opponents seemed to have been hurt whatsoever. Really tough, them Scotts.

Will play some more games before posting about my progress

Perhaps Silva and Clichy should be replaced. Not aggressive and dirty enough. I would suggest looking at Papadopoulos in Schalke. He's a center back but with crazy aggressiveness and bravery stats. He also dives into tackles. On top of it, some of his mental stats like anticipation, positioning, decision making are rather low which should lead him to exact revenge on any opponent who manages to get past him.

A short update: played one more game, won 4:0 against al-Jazeera. Yellow cards for de Jong and Balotelli. No opponent injured, but lost Joey Barton (sprained ankle, out for 4 to 5 weeks I think). At least the possesion went down to 50% since I put everybodys passing to direct and through balls to often.

Probably it's time do some more serious editing. A whole team full of dirtyness, aggressivity, bravery. Will also tweak anticipation, decision making, and positioning to ultra low and see what happens

Archived