Best lower league club to manage

Peterborough United - Championship :)

I also read years ago that a good starting point to get used to the game is to pick the Championship side expected to come right in the middle of the table. That way not too much pressure so you can just enjoy.

Rushden & Diamonds! Okay, that was relevant in CM3...not so much now. Honestly, you can probably win promotion with most lower league teams as long as you take advantage of free transfers, sell any overpriced players, and find a few good players on loan.

I'm currently in my 9th season with East Stirlingshire. Have taken them from the Scottish 3rd Division and am now in my first season in the Scottish Premiership. In my first season in the 3rd Division I went 15 games without a win so if you're looking for a club where you will have time to build a team I recommed East Stirlingshire!

I had a wonderful game with Woking on FM11. They have a small stadium but no debt and a very understanding board. Got them to the Championship before Sheff Wed came knocking and I had to jump ship.

Depends on your perspective. As a fan of a Premier League club, I consider the Championship as lower league.

Lower League=Non Football League

Download the England down to the 14th level and try real lower league football.

I love playing with Blyth Spartans in BS north just because their name is Spartans
Blyth is actually a pretty easy squad to advance with for the first few seasons too and they have pretty good facilities to start with. The small stadium becomes an issue if you don't have decent cup runs early on. Blyth, Eastwood and Dorchester are the teams I've had the most success with.

Lower League=Non Football League

Download the England down to the 14th level and try real lower league football.

Actually Lower League = Lower League and Non League = Non League.

14th level? No thanks, I'd rather play games where the opposition player's don't all have 1s and 2s for attributes as it's so easy to beat them.

York City, Blue Square Premier. No-one who has followed this tip has ever regretted it, and many have adopted The Minstermen as their second team as a result.

Actually Lower League = Lower League and Non League = Non League.

14th level? No thanks, I'd rather play games where the opposition player's don't all have 1s and 2s for attributes as it's so easy to beat them.

They dont have all 1s and 2s for attributes and your players would be of a similar quality. And the severely limited finances makes this a very difficult challenge.

Bradford has given me a lot of enjoyment for 11 seasons. They were in the Premier League 10 years ago, but hit a rough patch. The big stadium is useful when you take them up the league system since it saves you time compared to the L2 competitors which must have a stadium built already in The Championship - and then you need to wait 20 years for another new one...

If it doesn't have to be English I recommend Oviedo in Spain. Huge fan base, good sized stadium, no debt, realistic aims without pressure. Probably the best lower league team in manage on FM. Also were in top league not too long ago and need to get back up to where their rivals play. Only problem is that in Spain the game between the third and second tiers is huge and it's really hard to step up when you don't have money to spend. Much, much harder than playing English leagues due to there being minimal prize money while in England there is loads. Would recommend giving it a try for a change. Tenerife is another relatively big club at that level. Much better squad than Oviedo but they have debt.

Archived