Is now the TYNE to take the TOON to the TOP.

kris0710

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTriU_Dtzdmj_jsCXJz0RQ4sMIz6Zlm8G9-GuwBUvco2ZeOeQd3IA

Newcastle United Football Club

2012/2013

Premier League

End of Season

League Position: 2nd

FA Cup: Semi Final

League Cup: Winners

Champions League: Quarter Final

Top Scorer: Ba 35, Cisse 26 and Sigurdsson 18

Top Assists: Sigurdsson 30, Pranjic 16 and Chu-Young 15

Highest Ave Rating: Sigurdsson 7.57

Most Man of Match: Coloccini 7

Most Yellows: Coloccini 16

Most Reds: Coloccini and Taylor 2

• Second highest ave attendance in League (57,868)
  • Second highest scorers in League (105)
  • Demba Ba fourth top scorer in the League (23)
  • Sigurdsson top assists in PL (18)
  • Sigurdsson runner up in Player of the Year
  • Sigurdsson and Coloccini in Team of the Year

nufc-moy-may13.png

A fantastic season, continuing to work miracles Kris. Forget the title you'll bag plenty more in the future, stunning performances against Barca

Cheers mate. Been a cracking two years!! No pressure this time round!!

2013/14

Premier League

Pre Season

After a good season we are tried to keep the squad intact hence rejecting a £21m bid for Yohan Cabeye from AC Milan.

The summer has been difficult for the most part thanks to Mike Ashley deciding to sell the club.

nufc-takeover-jun13.png

With the new man in place the only tihng that had changed is the boards confidence in me, and not for the best!!

Newcastle Signings:

Daniel Agger - the Liverpool defender comes in for a decent price of £2.4m. Out of favour was on long at German side Wolfsburg last season

Adam Johnson - Another decent signing that doesn't break the bank, £3.6m, Adam joins to help down both wings and performed well on loan at Chelsea.

Andy Carroll - With my two main forwards i have two younger guys under them so i wanted one more to help out. Not my first, second or even ninth choice Andy has re-joined the club on a season long loan.

Players Out:

Dan Gosling has joined Southampton for £1.5m

Shola Ameobi has left for Swansea for £725k

Gabby Obertan and Mike Williamson have joined Birmingham for a combined fee of £4.9m

Sylvain Marveaux has joined Wolves on loan for £625k

James Tavernier has joined Milwall on loan for £55k

Rob Elliott has joined Brighton for a fee of £85k on loan

Andy King joins Gosling at Southampton on loan for £625k

Two reserve players have joined Gateshead and Walsall on loan

Three U-18 players have been released.

Pre Season has been mostly decent

nufc-preseon-july13.png

Goals galore in three of the games with newbie Johnson scoring a couple.

2013/14

Premier League

August/September and October

Results:

nufc-results-oct13.png

Table:

nufc-table-oct13.png

Poor start to the season overall is causing issue with a few players. Big presure with a new board also

League Cup:

nufc-lgecup-oct13.png

Some light relief with two decent results, particualrly beating rivals Sunderland. A home tie with Liverpool next as we chase to defend our cup

Luck to you Kris. I just can't ever make myself manage Newcastle, just for the sheer heartache of it. I get too angry when things don't work out. Is nice to see someone else doing well though. And I really like the format. KUTGW!

2013/14

Premier League

November/December and January

Results:

nufc-results-jan14.png

Table:

nufc-table-jan14.png

Real hit or miss run of results. One minute we are untouchable and winning by three or four, the next being given a good hiding. Leaking too many goals is the main problem. Maybe not spending enough in the summer has affected.

League Cup:

nufc-lgecup-jan11.png

Our grip on the cup has gone following the most eventful of games. Ahead three times during the first 90 minutes we allowed Liverpool back in. It was our turn to fight back in ET before missing 3 of our 5 pens dumped us out.

Champions League:

nufc-clresutls-jan14.png

nufc-clgroup-jan14.png

Another good run of Champions League football is making up somewhat for our poor league performance. The next round brings OM back to St James' Park after knocking them out in the qualifiers last season.

FA Cup:

nufc-fac-jan14.png

Simple win over a non league side puts us easily through. Reading are up next as our quest for silverware continues.

January Transfers:

Sadly two of our better players have not performed this season so far, Coloccini and Santon so i have splashed some of our Champions League cash on two young English players.

Phil Jones: Signed from Manchester United for £13.25m i expect him to become a main stay in our first eleven

Jack Robinson: Highly rated left back has joined from Liverpool for £8m. Hoping he can pressure Santon into some better performances.

Anderson: Another player in from United for a fee of £5m. Expect him to challenge Sigurosson for a first team place and hopefully can get some crucial goals for us.

No players have left the club so we are a little heavy on players and if a European place cannot be clinched for next year there will be an end of season clearout.

2013/14

Premier League

End of Season

Results:

nufc-results-may14.png

Table:

nufc-table-may14.png

A nice end to the season really. The 6th placed finished gets us Europe next season which was important. Sixth placed was the highest position we had been in since week 4.

FA Cup:

nufc-fac-may14.png

Never got going in this years competition and were deservedly knocked out.

2013/14

Premier League

End of Season Review

League Position: 6th

FA Cup: 5th Round

League Cup: Quarter Final

Champions League: Quarter Final

Top Scorer: Cisse 25, Sigurdsson 21 and Ba and Valencia 18

Top Assists: Sigurdsson 21, Valencia 16 and Cisse 16

Highest Ave Rating: Sigurdsson 7.46

Most Man of Match: Sigurdsson 6

Most Yellows: Taylor 13

Most Reds: Cabaye 2

• 3rd highest ave attendance
  • 2nd highest PL scorers (97)
  • Sigurdsson wins Footballer of Year
  • Sigurdsson and Valencia in PL Team of Year

2014/15

Premier League

Pre Season

Following last seasons poor finish compared to the previous two years it has been a busy summer. Players i have signed that have not performed have been moved on while a couple of big names are in the door.

Newcastle Players Out:

Yohan Cabaye - From around March time he made his feelings known that he wanted to move to a bigger club. They don't come much bigger than Inter Milan so an offer of £19.25m was deemed good enough and i wish him well

Craig Dawson - After just 11 apps in two years was decided to cut our losses and sold to Everton for £2.1m, a loss of £1.3m for us

Adam Johnson - A year after joining he leaves for Leciester for £4.3m, a profit of £700k after just one goal in 12 games

Daniel Agger - Big things expected a year ago following a £2.4m move but injuries restricted him to just six starts so a bid of £2.3m from Wolves was seemed suitable.

Anderson - Only joined in January but as i look to to trim the squad it was a choice from him or Ben Arfa. Once Arsenal bid £10m, double our outlay, the decision was made to sell him

Andy King - My first signing for £2m has never really held down a first team slot and Southampton made his loan move permanent for £1.9m

That is the main deals, 4 players were released from reserves and another 5 have left on loan.

Transfers In

Ashley Young - Listed by Man Utd the 29 year old comes in for £2.5m. Never a regular at Old Trafford but 8 goals in 28 Prem games in not a bad return

Sami Khedira - Signed from Real Madrid as a direct replacement to Cabaye, costing just £5.5m

Samuel Eto'o - Despite being 33 i could not resisit paying just under £9m for the striker. With 48 goals in 58 games for Anji he is still a worldie player and will help out free scoring Ba and Cisse while i hope he can tutor a younger guy coming through.

Have also spent £750k on four youngster.

Pre Season Results:

nufc-preseson-july14.png

Good pre season and we face Brondby in the Euro Cup Quali.

2014/15

Premier League

August/September and October

Results:

nufc-results-oct14.png

Table:

nufc-table-oct14.png

Euro Cup Table:

nufc-ectable-oct14.png

I have admitted to poor signings given the amount of new players who have left already but the squad i have now is doing me proud. Top if the table, just, a second string ran Man Utd close in Lge Cup and cruising in the Euro Cup for now.

Eto'o has had a good start with 7 goals in 10 starts while Ashley Young has performed admirally.

Khedira has been different class, almost ever present and holding the team together from the base of the diamond.

Santon and Coloccini both had woeful seasons by there standards last year but have turned that around so far, Coloccini having the second highest ave rating of any of my players.

2014/15

Premier League

End of February

Results:

nufc-results-dec14.png

nufc-results-feb15.png

nufc-table-feb15.png

A little off the pace at the top of table but a good race hotting up for the champions league places. Six away defeats during this time really has not helped us but home form is good.

FA Cup is still going with a replay needed against Wolves to hopefully put is in Qtr Final against West Brom.

As for Euro Cup, eased through the group winning all six matches and have just put pay to AZ 4-3 on agg. Fiorentina up next.

During January we had massive problems with Ba, Cisse and Eto'o all on African Nations Cup duty so we have have signed bad boy Mario Ballotelli on loan and James Milner for £4.7m.

2014/15

Premier League

March

Results:

nufc-results-mar15.png

nufc-table-mar15.png

As good as it gets really, winning every game. The FA Cup semi final and Euro Cup Qtr Final have drawn us against Tottenham. With a league game too we will face Spurs 4 times between April 3rd and 18th.

2014/15

Premier League

4 to go!!

Results:

nufc-results-april15.png

nufc-table-april15.png

A good run soured with the two results against Manchester United and Chelsea not only end our title hopes but maybe put pay to Champions League football next year.

The plus side is two finals, FA Cup and Euro Cup.

2014/15

Premier League

Season Over

Results:

nufc-results-may15.png

nufc-table-may15.png

One win from final four league games has cost us dear, no CL football next year. A season where 79 points in last three seasons would have got us 3rd, 4th and 3rd.

Can't believe we finshed 15 points better off than last year, FA Cup runners up and Euro Cup winners but im still gutted.

Maybe next year....

2014/15

Premier League

End of Season Review

League Position: 5th

FA Cup: Runners-Up

League Cup: 4th Round

Euro Cup: Winners

Top Scorer: Cisse 29, Eto'o 25 and Ba 14

Top Assists: Ben Arfa 22, Sigurdsson 19 and Khedira and Cisse 14

Highest Ave Rating: Jones 7.62

Most Man of Match: Jones 9

Most Yellows: Taylor 12

Most Reds: Milner and Ben Arfa 2

• 3rd highest ave attendance in PL (57,440)
  • Most Goals in PL (104)
  • Phil Jones ever present in PL
  • 7 of top 9 positions in 'distance covered/per 90mins
  • Phil Jones top of 'Key Tackles' (35)
  • Ben Arfa second in 'Key Passes' (42)
  • Phil Jones top of 'Interceptions' (243)
  • Phil Jones Players Young Player of the Year
  • Kris Scott won Manager of the Year
  • Phil Jones selected in PL Team of Year

2015/16

Premier League

August

Results:

nufc-results-aug15.png

Table:

nufc-table-aug15.png

Woeful opening game of season followed by a good win over City. Would have taken three points from six but not happy with amount of goals conceded.

Super Cup:

nufc-supercup-aug15.png

City qiuckly gained revenge for the league defeat. Would have been nice to pick up another trophy.

This season we have been drawn in Group G with Rangers, Aris and Steaua

Summer Transfers:

Leaving the club this summer has been midfielder Cheick Tiote who has joined Lille for £3.4m. Just 5 PL apps last season is well behind Khedira for the DM slot.

Also leaving is Haris Vuckic to Brimingham (£5m) and Lorenzo Crisetig to Espanyol (£3.8m)

Tamas Kadar has joined Norwich at the end of his contract while Will Keane has been released also.

Joining the club are two replacements for Tiote and Vuckic.

For £8.75m Emre Can has joined from Bayern while 21 year old Mexican Carlos Fierro has joined from Chivas for £7.25m.

Fierro has scored 77 goals in 128 games for his former club and am hopeful he can make the kind of impact that another Chivas export has made, Javier Hernandez.

Archived