(FM11) Tiny club: check. Foreign league & no past knowledge: check. Expectations: minimal.

withnail316

Going well in the league, looks like a mid table finish is going to happen given the distance between the top and bottom. Portugal's a tough league to get promoted in so it might take another season or two.

Yeah it's been pretty good so far. Really this season's target was to stay up, so I'm not even thinking about the top end of the table. Anything above 10th is a bonus.

Solid performance in the league so far, should end up comfortably mid-table come the end of the year.

More than happy with that, too.

I assume from the table that only 2 teams get promoted? A mid-table finish is a good position to build from.

Yep, 2 up 2 down and no play offs. Could make promotion a tricky prospect in the coming years.

January

LdH Vizela 2-0 Estoril

Goals from Mauricio and new signing Mateusz Szczepaniak on his debut secured three more points.

TdP Vizela 0-2 Academica

Didn't take our chances, and Academica were lethal in front of goal. Still, we've had another good cup run.

LdH Aves 0-3 Vizela

A goal apiece from my two centre backs Kim Won-Sik and Vitor Bastos put us on our way, before Mattieu Blanc's first of the season sealed it. A great win against a side second in the league at kick off.

LdH Vizela 0-3 Naval

Naval were in the Primera last year, and are easily the best side in the Liga de Honra this season. They were 7 points clear of the rest of the league at kick off, and they simply ripped us apart here. No complaints at all.

February

LdH Gil Vicente 2-2 Vizela

Got a good draw in this one, although leading 2-1 going in to stoppage time, it felt like a defeat. Guilherme Mauricio and Yoann Bourillon with our goals.

LdH Gondomar SC 1-2 Vizela

Got lucky in this one, but really don't care. Goals from Szczepaniak and Mauricio gave us another win. Getting a little concerned about the form of Dieye though, he's scored 4 goals in 20 games, which isn't really good enough.

LdH Vizela 3-4 Portimonense

So frustrating. Went 3-2 up in the 89th minute, yet ended up losing the match. Goals from Mauricio (2) and Mahoto, but we need to sort our home form out and quickly. Not being helped by having both of my right backs out injured though.

Unfortunately I can't tell you any more results as I've had a crash dump.... brilliant.

Archived