Les Monégasques Renaissant De Ses Flammes

Deisler26

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100px-As_monaco.pngAS Monaco FC, March 2028 Review

------------------------------------------------------

AS Monaco FC 1 - 2 US Dunkerque (Championnat National)

Emanuele Paramatti scored our consolation in our second 1-2 defeat in three games.

AS Monaco FC 2 - 0 Rodez Aveyron Football (Championnat National)

Killian Labbe headed home for his first goal of the season. Aymar Roponat doubled our advantage late on in the second.

AS Monaco FC 2 - 2 AC Ajaccio (Championnat National)

Emanuele Paramatti scored to open our account, then Junior Yega headed home to give us a late equaliser

AS Monaco FC 2 - 1 FC Metz (Championnat National)

Jéan-Christophe Ruiz got the opener, before Daniele Moruzzi rammed home to give us the winner.

-------------------------------------------------

We finished March in 9th place. We're only 6 points off a promotion spot.... 8 games to go? Doable!

100px-As_monaco.pngAS Monaco FC, April 2028 Review

AS Monaco FC 0 - 1 CS Louhans-Cuiseaux (Championnat National)

A terrible result.

AS Monaco FC 3 - 0 Yzere (Championnat National)

Emanuele Paramatti scored twice and Dejan Pavlicic fired home to top it all off.

AS Monaco FC 1 - 0 US Créteil-Luistanos (Championnat National)

Gil scored the only goal to give me an early birthday present and move us closer to an unexpected promotion spot.

AS Monaco FC 2 - 1 AS Cherbourg Football (Championnat National)

Emanuele Paramatti has caught fire at the right time and his double saw us win another game.

AS Monaco FC 4 - 0 Paris FC 2000(Championnat National)

Emanuele Paramatti scored twice again, sandwiched between a header from Robin Lebourg and a Aymar Ropomat strike..

AS Monaco FC 2 - 0 Calais RUFC (Championnat National)

Jéan-Christophe Ruiz stabbed home to give us the lead and then, Aymar Ropomat rounded the keeper and stroked home to double the advantage.

We finished April in 4th place!!!. We stormed up the table on the back of some excellent wins and we find ourselves just a point behind third!

Good read so far, I am enjoying this :thup:

I have had four games in FM2012 and in every single one, Monaco have failed to get out of Ligue 2.

Thanks man! It's a very different animal from Italy, but it's enjoyable, nonetheless

The biggest problem I'm going to face is that I'm £4.5k over my wage budget and I don't have the resources to resign a lot of my key players. Either I get promoted and get the boost to buy better players or I just go with my youth for my next season in Championnat National

100px-As_monaco.pngAS Monaco FC, May 2028 Review

AS Monaco FC 0 - 0 Clermont Foot 63 (Championnat National)

A slight wobble, still a point behind third.

AS Monaco FC 1 - 0 Gap HAFC (Championnat National)

Emanuele Paramatti scored the only goal to keep us well in the hunt for a promotion spot.

AS Monaco FC 2 - 3 AS Nancy-Lorraine (Championnat National)

The last day of the Championnat National season dawned dry and cold, however things were soon to heat up. We went 0-1 down after 10 minutes, but equalised on 18 mins when Jéan-Christophe Ruiz fired home. This, coupled with Toulouse F losing, meant that we were promoted on goal difference. Things got even better in the second half as Hervé Raymond netted to give us the lead. The wheels then fell off in spectacular fashion. Gregory Tanguy saw a straight red for a hack inside the box and they scored the resulting penalty on 77 mins then, with the principality holding it's breath, they scored in the 89th minute to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat and finish above us in the league.

We finished the season in 5th place. Still a point behind the eventual promotees. Heartbreaking.

Forgot about the stint in Italy :D. Whats the reason for taking the Belgium job then?

Wanted to get back into international management and look at some of the young Belgian hopefuls. Plus, it's only the Olympics.

100px-As_monaco.pngAS Monaco FC, Preseason/August 2028 Review

Well, after last year's heartbreak, I was determined to avenge it and get us promoted this season. Our great run at the end of the season meant that our rep was slightly boosted too. This meant the board wanted mid-tabe obscurity this time and would give me a £53k transfer budget and £18k p/w wages in which to achieve it. We had no money to upgrade the facilites, but I'd managed to get them to agree to upgrade our junior coaching to an 'Excellent' level.

AS Monaco FC 3 - 1 ESTAC Troyes (Coupe de la Ligue, First Round)

A tough season opener against Ligue 2 opposition. Jimmy Da Costa opened his account for the club early on and then an own-goal and a great solo goal by loanee Cédric Lesage to see us through to the next round.

AS Monaco FC 3 - 1 Racing CF Lavallois 92 (Championnat National)

Boom! Boom! Jimmy Da Costa hit a hat-trick in this game to see us start off the Championnat National in sizzling fashion.

AS Monaco FC 5 - 0 FC Metz (Championnat National)

We ran riot against a promotion contender for this year as we put five past them! Aymar Ropomat came back from a pre-season injury to put us in the lead, then the on-fire Jimmy Da Costa hit a double. Returning loanee Esteban Lecomte headed home for the fourth and Cedric Lesage outstripped the defence to score the fifth.

AS Monaco FC 2 - 1 Toulouse Fontaine (Coupe de la Ligue, Second Round)

Our next cup game pitted us against the team that beat us to promotion by a point last season. However, we gained a measure of revenge, thanks to goals by Aymar Ropomat and Jimmy Da Costa that saw us dump out the Ligue 2 team and look forward to the next round.

AS Monaco FC 6 - 1 Calais RUFC (Championnat National)

Another team was put to the sword by this rampant side. Ex-PSG youth Mathieu Maigan headed home twice from corners to give us a 2-0 lead, then came young Vladan Arsenijevic's time to shine. Played because of Jimmy Da Costa's suspension, he scored twice to become our youngest ever goalscorer at 15 years and 137 days. Aymar Ropomat hit a fifth and then Dejan Pavlicic fired home from 20 yards to complete the rout.

AS Monaco FC 3 - 1 Rodez Aveyron Football (Championnat National)

We can't be stopped at the minute. One of our transfer steals of the season, Samir Medjahad, scored his first goal on recovery from injury and Ryan Mouchel scored twice after being moved to a striking role.

AS Monaco FC 2 - 1 Clermont Foot 63 (Championnat National)

Ryan Mouchel seems to be revelling in the striking role and he netted another in this one, with Jimmy Da Costa scoring the winner late on in the second half..

AS Monaco FC 2 - 0 Stade Rennais FC (Coupe de la Ligue, Third Round)

We weathered a tough storm at the hands of the Ligue 1 team, but Ryan Mouchel broke away to score in the 70th minute and then Aymar Ropomat scored a carbon copy on 90 minutes to give us a famous (well, recently) win!!.

I decided to throw caution to the winds and break the bank in an attempt to get promotion. If we get it, we're safe. If not, we're selling. And quick! I trawled the Ligue 1 expiring youth contracts in February and identified three players that I thought would enchance the team. I managed to sign DC Mathieu Maigan on a free from Paris Saint-Germain, but my other two targets wanted £23k p/w to sign. Erm. No. So I tracked them all the way until they were released by their respective clubs. I then kept making offer after offer to them. A lot of 50% wage rises and high goal bonuses and large signing fees led to first, ST Jimmy Da Costa signing after being released from Olympique Lyonnais then, later, came AMR/ST Samir Medjahed. Also coming in, after being released by Ligue 1 clubs were; DC Bilal Yilmaz; D/WBL Mehdi Sbai; GK Gael Romero; DRL Sébastien Thomas and finally DR Jacques Njock. Finally, I signed WB/L Petr Jursa, star performer in the Czech Republic Euro '28 U-19 winning side. Coming on loan were AMR/ST Cédric Lasage from GF38 and DRC Esteban Lecomte from parent club Olympique Lyonnais.

A lot of players left the club as I wanted to reshape for an assault on the Championnat National title. The only cash departure was MC Daniele Moruzzi who went to Vicenza for £140k + 50%

I also lasted a few days as Belguim U-23 manager as Italy came calling again. I'm weak.

An excellent start. Seems you're well ahead of the competition this year.

To Ligue 2!

As an aside, do you know if a human gets sacked if relegated to CFA? I've heard from others that it's unplayable.

An excellent start. Seems you're well ahead of the competition this year.

To Ligue 2!

As an aside, do you know if a human gets sacked if relegated to CFA? I've heard from others that it's unplayable.

It is unplayable, so you will be sacked before the season starts.

Da Costa looks good for your level.

Is he only French? The name sounds Spanish.

Only French. Signed from Schalke 04 at 15 from £3.4m from Lyon. Played at FC Istres for a season on loan.

NOTE: He's equalled his best ever goal tally for a season (7 in 27 for Istres) in just 4 games...

Tactical Breakdown

Right, this season, I decided that I wanted to move away from my rigid catenaccio and embark on an attacking flow for my time with Monaco. It evolved from the 4-1-3-2 into a 4-4-2A and now, this season, is this.

424ASM1.jpg

I went for a more balanced philosophy, simply as I need to cover that hole in the middle. An attacking mentality with direct passing and little timewasting means we're always looking to hit the wingers or the TM to setup a break. The defensive line is deep enough to counter any attacks, but not so deep that we invite pressure

GK: Default instructions. Once we hit Ligue 2, these things will matter

DR/DL: A more defensive mindset than I used previously, to counteract the space given away by the two wingers.

DC: A 'one up, one down' scenario, with the slower stopper going forward and the quicker one of the pair covering.

DMC's: One is the 'Makelele', he holds it all together, with a greatly reduced mentality and the other is the 'Pirlo', advancing from deep to make a pass.

AMR/AML: Both are quick strikers that are given licence to cut inside and go for goal. With the formation being quite narrow, it means that they're often 1-on-1 with a DC/FB

ST's: The Target Man comes deep to feed either his fellow ST or to play in the wingers.

100px-As_monaco.pngAS Monaco FC, September 2028 Review

AS Monaco FC 3 - Balma SC (Championnat National)

We continued to march on. Dejan Pavlicic put us ahead early, then Mathieu Maignan headed home for his third goal of the season. Finally, Ryan Mouchel slotted home to top off a great win.

AS Monaco FC 3 - 2 Le Poiré-Sur-Vie VF (Championnat National)

A game of two halves here. Ryan Mouchel put us in the lead and then goals from Mathieu Maignan and Samir Medjahed put us up 3-0 by half time. But two goals in the 86th and 88th minutes made me panic.

AS Monaco FC 2 - 1 Pau FC (Championnat National)

Vladan Arsenijevic scored just before half-time to give us the lead, then a goal for both sides in the first 20 minutes of the second half finished the scoring, ours coming courtesy of Aymar Roponat .

AS Monaco FC 1 - 2 AS Cherbourg Football (Championnat National)

TWO mistakes by Mathieu Maignan meant that we were consigned to defeat, with Jéan-Christophe Ruiz scoring our consolation.

AS Monaco FC 2 - 1 US Créteil-Luistanos (Championnat National)

This game was settled in 12 second half minutes. Samir Medjahed put us ahead on 58 minutes and then Aymar Roponat broke away to finish smartly.

AS Monaco FC 3 - 0 AS Nancy-Lorraine (Championnat National)

Ryan Mouchel scored twice to put us in the lead and then Hérve Raymond lashed home a penalty when Mouchel was hacked down in the box.

We finished September, top of the pile! 9 points clear.

Good luck at Monaco. :)

It's actually quite humbling and pleasing that in another save Monaco ended up crippled with debt and in the National. In my French save I can't beat them to the title, they have finished the last few seasons with 90+ points, reached a CL final and have a 55,000 odd stadium which they fill every match, what a difference. :D

Good luck at Monaco. :)

It's actually quite humbling and pleasing that in another save Monaco ended up crippled with debt and in the National. In my French save I can't beat them to the title, they have finished the last few seasons with 90+ points, reached a CL final and have a 55,000 odd stadium which they fill every match, what a difference. :D

What I wouldn't give for that to happen here! :p Thanks for the support, dude!

Archived