Adv Pl, Att Mid, Treq

Hi all,

I have always been fascinated on the difference between these 3 and what's best to use and what stats are most important. I created a pretty basic 4231 narrow tactic and I play 2 adv pl and a treq with some success. But sometimes I wonder should I play 3 Adv pl, or maybe instead of a treq an AM ? And in what circumstances. My question is more on the difference of these 3 positions and the best way to use them.

Thanks

Just for starters..

Go to tactics -> player instructions ->click show instructions. Select one of your AMs, then change the role and duty and take a look at the instructions, you should get some idea how the roles (and duties) differ.

Trequartista (only attack duty):

Creativity maxed +roaming -> Does pretty much what he wants and moves about how he sees fit.

Closing down & tackling minimum -> Doesn't defend.

Run from deep minimum -> Waits for the ball in the hole.

Through balls maxed -> Needs someone making runs forward.

When playing with a treq TC sets him as the playmaker.

Attacking mid (A):

Roaming, some closing down, some tackling, Runs a lot from deep, also with ball..

Go through the rest yourself and make decision based on the player instructions the different roles and duties have. Consider what you want from certain position and what the player playing that position is capable.

Few pointers tho, defensively might help setting your wide AMs to man mark opposition FBs, and avoid using treq in the wider positions as treqs dont defend that much. Also for some reason the player instructions in tactics doesn't highlight decisions for treq which to me is strange as he has maxed creative freedom so he makes a lot of decisions. Also If you end up giving someone the treq role then make sure he's pretty much the best player in your squad (or even more so, capable of being a treq in the up coming match) or change the playmaker in the team instructions.

Hopefully there'll be others posting their view too.

-SnUrF

Hi Snurf, thanks a lot for your explanation! Yes I agree that the Treq needs to be in the hole at all times, since he does not do any defending. For me the Treq has to have high decisions also, as well as passing, Creat, Flair, and technical abilities. The problem with my formation is that I do have players that are technically gifted for the division I am in (Saarbrucken in the 3rd div) however most of these attribs are 15 or under, so I am not sure if they are still capable of playing this role. What I am doing now is just play a treq when I am at home and almost odds on to score. Maybe even since I only play and Adv Forward, the treq has less options.

So as I see it, the AM is more "defensive" than an Adv Play would be right? So if we had to take real life examples, and Adv Pl would be the Nasri type of player while and Att Mid would be more the Lampard type of player, although lately Lampard is more employed as a DLP.

Still I have not got the best of my players as yet after 1 season, still trying to understand if to go for 3 Adv Pl or 2 Adv Pl and an AM or what best combination. My ideal would be to get something like Man City are playing at the moment, an Anchor (Barry), a DLP (Toure), 2 Adv Pl (Nasri, Silva) Treq (Tevez) and and Adv For (Aguero)

Archived