[FM 12] The One, The Only, The...Cerud??

cerud

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ahh the Italian lower leagues, always exciting!

I hated playing against Vercelli. :D

Cheers, hursty2! The Italian leagues are fun, but this team is kind of aggravating. Always let in the late goal and end up with draws.

Nice work on the new job and a solid start to :thup:.

Thanks, SRL88 :)

Definitely a side that's seen better days, which hopefully you can bring back.

Cheers, deltablue! That's the goal at least for now.

January 2013 Update

provercelli.jpg?w=147&h=200

U.S. Pro Vercelli Calcio 1892 - Lega Pro Seconda Divisione Girone A

The League

I hate draws caused by late goals. I'm still trying to deal with a leaky defense and a team morale of men acting like boys. I definitely signed on for a long term overhaul...

fixl.png

The Standings

standb.png

Transfers

Two more players brought in, a leftback and goalkeeper.

José Rocchi - GK - From Mexico, Rocchi joined Vicenza in Serie B. A quick stop in a lower Spanish league and now he's with us.

Andrea Giallombardo - D/WB L - Giallombardo has spent over the past ten years playing for Serie A and Serie B clubs. He's on a short term contract with us for cover the left where we are lacking.

Managerial Thoughts

I'm happy that we now have a positive goal difference, I just wish it was distrubted better in our matches for more wins. Our defensive signings should help with our desire to minimize draws and ties. I still think that we can climb up the standings, but it will require the club to pull together. We're still a ways off that.

Looking forward to reading a thread where someone is managing Pro Vercelli they are the only Italian lower league team I have managed since FM09. Good luck dude.

Thanks, AcidBurn :)

What level are you in the Italian League Pyramid?

I would be in the 4th level of Italian football. The top is Serie A, level two is Serie B. There are 2 third level leagues, Prima Divisione Girone A and Prime Divisione Girone B.

At my level, there are two leagues as well, Seconda Divisione Girone A and Seconda Divisione Girone B.

February 2013 Update

The League

Even though we lost one match, I believe this was still our best month so far. Three solid wins and all clean sheets!! In addition, the striker I brought in when I took over, Riccardo Bocalon, has picked it up. He has 10 goals in 10 matches now, including 2 hattricks this month alone. The loss against Carrarese pitted us in opposition to the top club in the league. It was a tough loss as they scored in the final few minutes, but since I wasn't expecting to get anything from it, especially away from home, I think we can hold our head high.

fixy.png

The Standings

standm.png

Managerial Thoughts

We are 2 points out of the playoffs, we there are 4 teams in between us and the coveted 6th place spot. Tells you just how close this league is! However, based on our recent form, the fact that our tactical knowledge is coming along nicely, and the morale in the locker room, I think the playoffs are a real possibility. We could finish as high as 4th, but anything higher is likely out of the question at this stage of the campaign.

2013 Youth Candidates

Youth Candidates

youth.png

Kind of a garbage youth intake. Only one player possibly stands out.

Moreno Alessio - D C - Good heading and decent tackling. Physical stats are alright, but he will need training and mentoring.

March 2013 Update

The League

A very busy month with 6 matches in all. It was also a very productive month as we took 13 points of a possible total of 18. This included some important matches against clubs higher than us in the table. I had to deal with a full on run of suspensions in all my strikers for a match, which led to our loss, but once dealt with, we got right back on track.

fixf.png

The Standings

standd1.png

Managerial Thoughts

Our last match against Montichari has put us into playoff contention at 6th place. However, we can't become complacent yet. There are still 6 games left in the season. We have the opportunity to solidify our position and possibly move up a couple of spots as well. Really, all I was is to make the playoffs. Our squad is mostly healthy. A couple of long term injuries, but we've dealt with them well so far. The next month is busy as well, but I feel ready to defend our position.

Well done on such a successful final season in South Korea!

Good luck with Pro Vercelli. They're one of the 'Greats' of Italian football, so it would be good to see them further up the league structure. Looks like you've made an instant impact, anyway :)

Well done on such a successful final season in South Korea!

Good luck with Pro Vercelli. They're one of the 'Greats' of Italian football, so it would be good to see them further up the league structure. Looks like you've made an instant impact, anyway :)

Thanks, AK22. South Korea treated me well in the end. It was a good season and an unbelievable cup run. But you're right about Pro Vercelli. I'd love to bring them back to a certain level of prominence before looking to move on again.

Hang on there!

Cheers, deltablue! Will do :)

April 2013 Update

The League

Best month so far! 4 wins, 4 clean sheets. I'm very happy with our Mexican goalkeeper. He's only 24 years old, but his Determination of 20 combined with the number of matches that he's playing, he is consistently getting better. He is likely to be a quality player for the club at this or higher levels of play. Some of our wins were lucky, scoring goals in the final few minutes of matches; however, I'll take the luck now as it wasn't on our side in the earlier parts of the season.

fixv.png

The Standings

standw.png

Managerial Thoughts

While it is not clinched yet, we are in a great position for the playoffs. There are two matches left in the regular season, but I think we are where we will end up. I'm very happy with how the squad has played in the past two or so months. They have really come together and have gotten over their earlier morale issues. Having a string of good performances can do wonders and they are much less likely to lose morale during hardships. They battle back from early deficits when they occur. Thankfully, we haven't had to battle back as our defensive additions are working wonders.

Superbly turned around :thup:. Would be nice to see the once famous club back where they belong

Cheers, Raware. Hope I can return the club to a former stature.

Really been hitting good form now.

Thanks, deltablue!

2012-2013 Season in Review

4th Place - Promoted via Playoffs

The League

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - When I came in, this club was in 16th place and facing possible relegation. They had decent players, but zero confidence. In coming in, I brought in a few depth players and we concentrated on moving up the table. The league title was out of the question, but a playoff spot was very attainable. After a couple difficult months, we found our form and never looked back. Our 8 match unbeaten streak at the end of the season is a club record now. It was also enough to finish in 4th place and be rewarded with a playoff spot for possible promotion.

The Playoffs

These playoffs had some very nerve-wracking moments, they went hope we hoped.

2nd Divisione Girone A Playoff Semi Final Leg 1

San Marino Calcio 0 - 3 U.S. Pro Vercelli Calcio 1892

This away match was ours from the outset. We dominated the home side and never really gave them a chance.

2nd Divisione Girone A Playoff Semi Final Leg 2

U.S. Pro Vercelli Calcio 1892 3 - 1 San Marino Calcio

U.S. Pro Vercelli Calcio 1892 win 6-1 on aggregate

San Marino took a quick lead on us at home. However, we battled back and were leading again by the half. Another goal gave us a commanding aggregate lead and moved us into the Playoff Final.

2nd Divisione Girone A Playoff Final Leg 1

U.S. Pro Vercelli Calcio 1892 1 - 2 Carpi F.C. 1909

This was a match that we should have had no problem winning. However, we had a referee (and I hate to blame the ref, but in this case... :mad:) who had it in for us. Even the match report stated a biased ref. We were awarded 7 yellow cards and 2 red cards, making any tackle we did a hazard. I chose to fine both players a week's wages for the red cards given the importance of the match. Both were angry, but I refused to back down. You don't throw away a match as important as this.

2nd Divisione Girone A Playoff Final Leg 2

Carpi F.C. 1909 1 - 3 U.S. Pro Vercelli Calcio 1892

U.S. Pro Vercelli Calcio 1892 win 4-3 on aggregate

We tied on aggregate right at the beginning of the match, signalling our intentions to battle for our rightful place. However, after another exchange of goals, we sat tied on aggregate at 90 minutes. Now, a tie in the playoffs in the Italian lower leagues does not lead to extra time. Instead, the team who finished higher in the standings takes the win. This was Capri. The 4th official stated an extra 3 minutes to play. After that was done, play continued. We got a free kick to the left of the opposing goalkeeper in the 95 minute. A brilliant kick to centreback Bianchetti. He dove into the ball and banked if off an opposing player for an own goal, giving us the win on aggregate, 2 minutes after the match was supposed to be called! An unbelievable win and no doubt horror for Capri! After the referee horror show of the first leg, I'll take this win as revenge!

The Cups

Coppa Italia di Lega Pro - We were already out of this competition before I took over the managerial position.

The Stats

Goals Scored - 84 (1st in league)

Goals Conceded - 48 (12th in league)

Average Attendance - 826 (12th in league)

The Players

Squad | Transfers - Still a good squad. I've signed a few players to one year contracts for next year as I feel they will be able to make the transition. However, more than a few will be released.

José Rocchi - GK - My top signing in the January transfer window. 11 clean sheets in 23 matches and a goals against of 0.87. He's also been improving in his skill month to month very well.

Andrea Marconi - M RC, AM R - Marconi was the right winger on the squad after the top winger broke his leg and was out for 8 months or so. This had occured before I was hired, but continued to be the best alternative. His contribution in goals and assists was great, including the 2nd most assists in the league.

Fábio Lemes - ST - League leader in goals. He was only of the players red carded in the playoffs and I did snap at him, but his production got to the playoffs in the first place.

The Backroom

Finances - We have been bailed out by our Board time and time again with cash injections. I hope that the move up a league will help our finances in greater gate receipts and attendance.

Facilities - No changes.

The Awards

The Goals Revisited

• Hire decent assistant manager - Achieved. He was actually one of the better ones I've had in terms of advice.
  • Overhaul youth squad - Failed. I just didn't want to spend the money to get rid of all players I wanted to. I got rid of some just to gain the salary cap space; however, this will be a process over a few years.
  • Make the playoffs - Achieved and promoted!

Plans for Next Season

I've signed a new one year contract extension for the same money, $180 000/year. I was happy to achieved promotion when it looked as though this club had lost all hope. I'm not sure what the Prima Divisione will be like, but my goal will be to avoid relegation and possibly push for a solid mid-table finish.

Good job with promotion. Good luck in Serie C1!
Congrast on Promotion!!
Going up!!

Thanks guys!

Promotion! I'm too tired to think of a pun to use in this post. Good luck in Serie C1.

No puns required ;) Cheers, cswalk08.

2013-2014 Pre-Season

U.S. Pro Vercelli Calcio 1892 - Lega Pro Prima Divisione Girone A

The Stats

Lego Pro Seconda Divisione Girone A: Achieve a safe mid-table position

TIM Cup: Reach the 2nd Qualifying Round

Coppa Italia di Lega Pro: Reach the 2nd Round

Media Prediction: 14th of 18

Bwin Promotion Odds: 40-1

Wage Budget: $2 387 840 (+ $673 254 from last season)

Currently Spending: $1 891 552 ($496 288 cap space available)

Transfer Budget: $44 712 (+ $42 442 from last season)

Kit Sponsorship: $189 942 (expires 2014)

General Sponsorship: $166 000 (expires 2014)

Additional Kit Sponsorship: $160 000 (expires 2014)

Average Ticket Price: $20.80 (+ $3.10 from last season)

Average Season Ticket Price: $213 (+ $10 from last season)

Season Ticket Holders: 841 (+ 440 from last season)

Estimated Value: $1.4M (+ $300 000 from last season)

National Club Ranking in Italy: 69th

Goals

• Do not get relegated.
  • Strengthen both fullback positions.
  • Continue to streamline youth squad.
  • Make a profit.

I've kept my assistant manager for last year and signed him to a multi-year contract. He has probably been the best assistant manager I've ever had. His advice is sound and he has a good eye for youth. I also have him managing my youth squad and he did very well last season. Our Board only wanted us to avoid relegation, but with the media believing we can finish 14th (and usually they lowball it), I think a mid-table finish is achievable. It also gives me further room to maneuvre with wages and transfers.

I'd have a tenner at 40-1! :D
Not bad odds.
Im sure you will survive :).

Cheers, Raware, deltablue, and SRL88. I'm confident of survival, but as always, I hope to move further up the board :)

2013-2014 End of Pre-Season

The Matches

Italy - BaSe 96 Seveso - won 6-0

Italy - A.C. Pavia - won 2-0

Italy - A.S.D. Aquanera Comollo Novi - won 5-0

Italy - F.C. AlzanoCene 1909 - won 9-1

Italy - U.S.O. Calcio - won 2-0

The Players

Squad | Transfers - I was able to drop off a few players that I had wanted to last year. I also got rid of all my co-ownership contracts and was able to gain full ownership of a couple players I wanted and get rid of a few others. There are two players in particular that stand out and which I'm expecting a lot from.

Simone Pasa - DM, M C - Pasa has spent his entire youth with Inter in Italy's Serie A. He was released after only playing 3 matches for the main squad in 2 years. I think he can be a marquee player, especially in this league and a player to grow the team around.

Nicolas Belvito - ST - Belvito has spent the last few years in the French Ligue 2 and Championnat National. I don't think he's been used to his full potential am I'm hoping he will flourish here.

TIM Cup

This competition begins during the pre-season. Our first match was against Bassano, a club in the other Prima League. THis match kind of disgusted me. I had 2 goals disallowed and a red card. Bassano scored the tying goal in the 95th minute of a match with only 3 extra minutes supposed to be added. In extra time, we had yet another goal disallowed, while an overside Bassano goal was allowed to stand. The referee report stated the unabashed bias towards Bassano and I became one of the many who demand goal line technology, which pretty much every other sport has.

timy.png

Pre-Season Thoughts

The squad is good enough to stay up. We have depth and size in order to last a lengthy schedule. I was disappointed with the TIM Cup, but we can't dwell on it. The season and campaign begins today.

I will sing you a chant from many a sporting event I have attended:

"A robe! A tree! Hang the referee!"

Never heard that one! :) I think lynching laws may stop me ;)

Unlucky on TIM cup, but good luck this season.

Thanks, TheGreatTraveler!

September 2013 Update

The League

For our first month in a new league, I think we did fairly well. 3 wins in 4 matches has given us a good position to work from. Bocalon, the striker I brought in last year, has also started the season on a tear, scoring 5 goals in the first month. The team is playing well. I'm hoping that our last match was just a minor setback. Cittadella are undefeated so far, but we didn't really challenge them. I'm hoping for a better response in the next match.

fixo.png

The Standings

standwe.png

Managerial Thoughts

9 points out of a possible 12 in the first month is a great way to start. I'm a little worried about how many goals we are giving up. I may need to either tweak our defensive tactics or look at some new defensive player options. The rightback I brought in, while good, is 36 years old. He has the skill to play well, but he is declining rapidly. I may need to look at new alternatives in January. Something to consider...

Well done on promotion! Looks like you've settled into the new league pretty well too.
Great start to the season. Promotion is still a long way though, but if you are consistent it is a possability

Thanks guys. Still a little early to be thinking about promotion, but I do like how we're playing :)

14 October 2013

Logo-RTVNH.gif

Potential Managers Linked to Whitecaps as Rennie Considers Future

With the current MLS season almost completed, speculation has been growing over the future of popular manager Martin Rennie. Rennie has left the Whitecaps to 3rd place in the Western Conference and close to clinching a playoff berth. With uncertainty over the position for next year, the rumour mill has begun to throw out then names of possible candidates for the top job.

While Holland's, Mario Been is considered the likely candidate, the only Canadian manager listed is Pro Vercelli's Cerud. Cerud, currently managing in the third tier of Italian football, has recently led the club to promotion as well as coming off a league title winning season with Incheon Korail in South Korea.

Cerud was unavailable for comment.

vanlc.png

This is the first time that I've been linked to another job and it just so happens to be my local and favourite club! I doubt that Vancouver will get rid of Rennie as he's done well, but if they do, I would probably throw my hat into the ring.

October 2013 Update

The League

This was a decent month as well, a bit more difficult, but that's due to the level of competition in this league. I was a little wary in the loss and draw in subsequent matches, but we were able to pick ourselves up and continue on. We also played against Unione Venezia, the club which won our league last year and automatic promotion. It was very gradifying to beat them as well as we did.

fixe.png

Coppa Italia di Lega Pro

Happy about our first match; devastated about our second. We just didn't show up. There's no excuse for our play. It was horrible and we didn't deserve to move on as a result of it. I also let the team know exactly how I felt.

coppae.png

The Standings

standq.png

Managerial Thoughts

Well, we are out of all competitions other than the league itself. It's probably a good thing that it's all I have to concentrate on, but I would have really enjoyed some prize money. After 9 matches, we are sitting in a very good position of 3rd place. I'm still not happy with the number of goals that we've given away, especially when you look at the other clubs sitting close to our position. This will have to be something that we will need to rectify if we wish to conitnue our overachieving way.

Archived