[FM 12] The One, The Only, The...Cerud??

cerud

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2018 Youth Candidates

Malaga-CF.jpg

Málaga C.F., S.A.D. - Liga BBVA

Youth Candidates

ythk.png

Aaaaaand garbage. Again. One of these days, I will get at least one player that's semi decent. My assistant manager likes this guy. My opinion of my assistant has decreased.

Frank O'Hara - WB L

March 2018 Update

Malaga-CF.jpg

The League

A good beginning to life in Spain. We're still working out the tactical kinks, such as...don't run to the corner of the pitch and just stand there with the ball, or do not have our goalkeepers head balls into our own net, etc. The basics. We're working them out.

fixq.png

The Standings

standu.png

Managerial Thoughts

We've maintained our 6th place in the standings. However, we are also gaining on the clubs above us! I thought that we wouldn't make Champions League football? Well Athletic is only 4 points above us in the 4th place spot. With 8 matches still to go, we actually stand a real chance. I didn't think we would, but this could be a closer finish than I was expecting.

In other news, I've delayed making a decision on West Ham until the end of the season. Just didn't want to make the decision yet.

Welcome to Spain,hope you can eventually top Barcelona and Real Madrid,also say no to West Ham!
Unlucky on the youth intake. Hopefully you can have some good end of season form to get a european place.
Like you'd want to go to West Ham :D
Yeah but who would really want to manage West Ham?
Stay in Malaga. You can probably earn 3rd place next season, and maybe challenge for the title the season after.

Well, the consensus is in! :) Yeah, I don't really want to go to West Ham either as their a minor rival of the real life team I support, Tottenham. However the Hotspurs are perilously close to relegation this year! With 30 matches played, they're in 19th place and 4 points from safety.

Youth intakes...I have never had a player out of a youth intake. Probably because I always play journeyman careers and begin in the lower leagues around the world :)

I guess, Malaga it is! I'm actually pretty happy here as the squad has seems to respond instantly to me. Plus, life on the Mediterranean coast...what could be better!

Wondered if you would have bolted Malaga after one day if Spurs instead of West Ham offered you the manager job. :D

In order to save them from relegation.....I may have considered it! ;)

27 April 2018

yg.gif

Cerud Faces 300th Match Against Messi

With Cerud's 300th match coming up, Málaga are setting up to welcom league title winners Barcelona to La Rosaleda. Barcelona are currently on a 22 match unbeaten streak and are not likely to gift Cerud a win for the occasion. However, Málaga have been unbeaten since Cerud's arrival at the club.

300p.png

April 2018 Update

Malaga-CF.jpg

The League

Well, my squad decided to make things difficult this month. Two players earned themselves straight red cards in consecutive matches, meaning that we were left with fringe players to fill the void. My 300th match against Barcelona may have been my first loss with the club, but it was still a decent and even match. We just didn't finish our chances like they did.

fix.png

Copa del Ray

Only a month and a half in and my first Spanish trophy! The draw for me was perfect, against a lower league side. The match was never going to look any other way. Plus, this win has already made me a Favoured Personnel within the club!

copaf.png

The Standings

standc.png

Managerial Thoughts

The win in the Copa del Ray has guaranteed us Europa League football for next year. However, a Champions League spot is only a single point away!! We have played one more match than the clubs around us in the table and that will hurt our chances to move up a spot. Still, a 5th place finish would be better than when I joined the club. It'll be interesting to see how the end of the season shapes up. Barcelona are already the runaway title winners, but that final Champions League spot...still much can change!!

2017-2018 Season in Review

Malaga-CF.jpg

4th Place - Qualified UEFA Champions League Best Placed Playoff

The League

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - I was offered the job with Málaga when the former manager took over the job in Napoli. He left me a club in a good legaue standing, but with much work needing to be done behind the scenes. In terms of the league, we were able to fight upward in the table, gaining two spots and a Champions League qualification for next year. I wasn't expecting to aim that high in such a short time. I figured the Europa League would be our goal; however, the squad responded to be immediately in talks and away we went.

The Cups

Copa de Su Majestad El Ray Don Juan Carlos I - Also known more colloquially as the Copa del Ray. The club had already qualified for the final by the time I stepped in. However, I took all the credit for their first every Copa del Ray and our silverware for the year!

The Stats

Goals Scored - 77 (3rd in league)

Goals Conceded - 46 (5th in league)

Average Attendance - 27 982 (9th in league)

The Players

Squad | Transfers - We're in need of a bit of an overhaul. There are far too many players that are not registered with multi-million dollar contracts. Why am I paying them to sit on their ass?!?! The squad is also old so I'll be looking to bring in some new blood as well.

Not too many players of note to choose from this year as I haven't been able to see a full season yet, but these two stood out.

Leonardo Mancini - M C - Mancini is a young midfielder that was struggling before I came. However, in a new 4-4-2 setup, he shined. I have a feeling he will be with the club for a while. He's a player that a solid midfield can be built around.

Juanmi - ST - Juanmi was leading the team in scoring, but leading such a team that didn't do much scoring is easy. However, he turned it on in the final third of the season, and moved up the leader board. He ended up tied with Messi for the scoring lead in the league!

The Backroom

Finances - The finances have taken a hit due to the former manager's transfer style. I'll be looking to cut the wage budget quite a bit in order to ensure the longevity of this club. However, that may also require either us to buy our stadium or build a new one. We need a larger capacity and the gate receipts that go along with it.

Facilities - The stadium is fine and so are the facilities. However, they are not up to par for this league. I'm hoping for some cash to do what I need to do. Looks like a loan may be in our future.

The Awards

• Jugador joven del año (Young Player of the Year) - Florentin Duchemin - 1st Place
  • La Liga Máximo goleador del año (Pichichi) (Top Goalscorer) - Juanmi - 2nd Place
  • Máximo goleador español (Top Spanish goalscorer) - Juanmi - 1st Place
  • Equipo de la temporada (Best XI) - Florentin Duchemin (D L), Juanmi (ST)
  • Premio Don Balón Mejor Equipo del año (Most Improved Club) - Málaga C.F., S.A.D. - 1st Place

The Goals Revisited

• Qualify for UEFA Europa League - Achieved and I'll do you one better...Champions League!
  • Win the Copa del Ray - Achieved, but I only put the bow on. Others did the hard work.

Plans for Next Season

Rebuild this squad. This will be an intensive project. I need to keep players who are talented and experienced while making room for new youth prospects. I can't rely on my youth set up yet for bringing in new players as my junior coaching and recruitment aren't the best, but I'll be funnelling money into these as well in order to help our future.

But first, I got a World Cup to play in! Let's go Nigeria! :)

Good start to Malaga life with the cup and CL qualification.
Good work on the CL qualification, hope you can do well in it next season and push on even further in the league.

Thanks, deltablue and JackJCFC. Malaga is a good squad; they're just old.

On another note....I beginning to get tired with this save. I think the fact I put in all those goals in my OP has made me make decisions that I normally wouldn't have done. I usually play a save, making decisions as I believe I would do in real life. I'm thinking of getting through this upcoming World Cup (as I've never managed in one before) and then starting a new journeyman, free of long goals and just to play it out as it comes....Still undecided.

Good finish to the season and congrats on qualifying for the Champions League.If your want to make a new journeyman save then I think you should make Malaga the big finale to this save :D

:D

Good finish to the season and congrats on qualifying for the Champions League.If your want to make a new journeyman save then I think you should make Malaga the big finale to this save :D

Yeah, I get that :) Malaga is my final club in this career. It's been a great one, but I want to have a save that I'm invested more because the decisions within it are real rather than only trying to fit them into a list of goals. Things like staying at Pro Vercelli instead of moving to Los Angeles. Staying with Vancouver instead of going to Europe because I finished the North American goals, etc.

I'm ready to move on. HOWEVER!! This upcoming career will be my final one of FM12, and epic one to take me into FM13. It will also focus on club loyalty rather than just bouncing around, so I may end up staying with club longer if I feel like I would normally do so.

But to all, thanks for following. And stay tuned for "The Rise of the Cerud!" :eek:

Archived