[FM 12] The One, The Only, The...Cerud??

cerud

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great stuff! I remember reading somewhere that Pro Vercelli have won more Serie A titles than Lazio, Napoli and Fiorentina combined, so the pressure's on to achieve! :p Keep up the good effort.

Very steady so far in Serie B.
Great job so far!!

Thanks, deltablue and TheGreatTraveller!

Great stuff! I remember reading somewhere that Pro Vercelli have won more Serie A titles than Lazio, Napoli and Fiorentina combined, so the pressure's on to achieve! :p Keep up the good effort.

Cheers, Dave. Yeah, Pro Vercelli have won 7 Serie A league titles between 1908 and 1922.

Pro Vercelli were one of the top teams in the early days of the Italian league.

Indeed. One of the top who have fallen on hard times.

27 October 2014

LogoAtlantaJournalConstitution.gif

Toronto FC Wants Cerud

Last place finishes are starting to become the norm for Toronto FC, but Chairman Richard Peddie wants to beat the odds. René Vandereycken was fired earlier today, paving the way for Peddie to offer the job to someone new. Several names have been introduced as alternatives, including Jan Wouters, Dave Dir, and Franky Van der Elst; however, it is Po Vercelli manager Cerud who has emerged as the frontrunner. While a move to Toronto would return Cerud to his native Canada, he has been unavailable for comment.

torontow.png

October 2014 Update

provercelli.jpg?w=147&h=200

U.S. Pro Vercelli Calcio 1892 - Serie B bwin

The League

Starting the month with two losses had me believing that we were headed for where everyone though we were supposed to be, a relegation battle. However, we pulled back with a great win against Nocerina and should have won in Grosseto. I'm actually happy that there's matches in this league that I expect to win, even when we don't. It makes me confident that we belong here and that we can continue to do better.

fixl.png

The Standings

standv.png

Managerial Thoughts

We are now a quarter of the way through the season and in 10th place, a great achievement for a club of our stature and reputation. However, we are very leaky in back. Our goals against has us on par with clubs in the relegation zone. My attacking side is doen well; if I can just fix the defense, we could really make a run in this league. I'm thinking much of the problem is my main goalkeeper. I've had Rocchi on my team since the beginning. He was one of my first signings when I took over management of the club. However, he's letting things slip. My new back up, Jordan Hantz, is younger and doing much better. I may be forced to see Rocchi off in the January transfer window.

In other news, I've begun to see my name attached strongly to the Toronto FC job in the MLS and also with the San Jose Earthquakes. Not planning on moving yet, but if I get an offer, I will take a look at it.

Looking good at the moment, some pretty decent wins there especially against Nocerina!

Cheers, Scarman! I was especially happy about that one :)

November 2014 Update

The League

I've learned that I must do one of two possible things. One, I need to stop the massive amount of offside goals I have. Or two, I need to pay off the referees to a higher amount of what other clubs are doing. Not sure which. After about 5 goals denied due to offside, I started counting. This month, I had 15 goals counted offside in addition to the first 5 or so, for the grand total over 20+ offside goals in 6 matches. Ludicrous? Yes. Still, the final three matches went great, even though I needed to score 17 goals or so in each matcs just to have 2 per each count ;)

fixc.png

The Standings

standm.png

Managerial Thoughts

Amazingly, we're up to 6th place! I have no idea how we're holding up at this level but we are. In addition, we are only 2 points away from 3rd place. This has been an amazing run in Serie B so far and I'm curious about how the next month will shape up as it should mark the season's halfway point.

December 2014 Update

The League

We took quite a fall this month. Still having problems with offside goals. The Empoli match was especially frustrating. They have 20+ shots on my net yet their only goal came from one we gave them. We put it in our own net. Apparently I can score against myself, but the 2 goals I scored against them were both disallowed yet again. Clubs must love playing me...

fixdu.png

The Standings

standm.png

Managerial Thoughts

The season is a match off of being at the halfway point now. I'm happy at what we've accomplished so far. I truly believed that we would be in a survival battel for this campaign yet we are finding ways to stay at the mid-table. The table is also fairly tight and a playoff position is not entirely out of the question. It will depend on how well a 3rd place team does because if they finish with a high point difference between them and 4th place, there is no playoff and they are promoted automatically along with the 1st and 2nd place clubs. Realistically, I'm hoping for a top 10 finish now. I believe we can do it; however, if we can solve the defensive issues, higher is plausible as well.

4 points separating 4th from 11th!

I know! :) It's a crazy table. A win or a loss and my club can move quite a lot in the table. Hoping just to maintain, but I'll take higher ;)

January 2015 Update

The League

Our best month yet in Serie B!! Our first match was against league leaders Varese away from home. Going into the half, we were tied 2-2. They were outplaying us in terms of control, but the majority of their shots were from outside the box. I appealled to the players in the break and they came out and took the game to Varese. It was an unbelievable performance! Bocalon broke his goalless drought at 18 hours and Coralli went on to get 2 hattricks this month. Ascoli, the 2nd placed club, fell to us as well. Not only did we take all possible 12 points, we did so beating the top two clubs. Not bad for a month's work.

fixc.png

The Standings

stands.png

Transfers

I brought in three players during the break, two signings and a loan.

Jérémy Deichelbohrer - GK - Our backup was now better than our first squad goalkeeper. Rocchi was let go and Deichelbohrer brought in. He comes from the lower Swiss leagues. Not sure what he was doing down there, but he's ours now.

Giacomo Biondi - D C - Biondi is our loan signing from Florentina in Serie A. I want to quell the number of goals scored against us and together with Deichelbohrer, I hope these two can help.

Álex Cruz - M/AM R - Cruz was made available to me by his agent. I signed him on a free transfer to replace the rotating right wingers I was using beforehand. I actually brought him in in December and he's been on a tear in the league so far.

Managerial Thoughts

With the four wins this month, we have pushed back into possible playoff contention. In addition, our wins against the top two clubs has brought us close in points to them, only 3 points off 2nd and 5 points off the top spot, both being automatic promotion spots. Now, I'm not considering those right now :) I just want to perform like I know we can. Our new signings should help us lower the number of goals scored and, hopefully help us hold onto a few more wins. Already, I can't complain about how this season has unfolded. I can't help but be cautiously optimistic on a playoff spot... Crossing my fingers!

February 2015 Update

The League

Ugh...what a way to follow up our fantastic January. We threw away every lead we had. I think this also marks my first month as a manager without a win. Time to drink whatever the Italian equivalent of gin is...

fixc.png

The Standings

standw.png

Managerial Thoughts

We did pretty bad this month. Thankfully, so did everyone else! :) I think the top half of the table just went through a crisis of faith. We are still only 4 points off of 2nd place. I'm also comforted by the fact that top place Noverina has only 1 fewer goal against than us. Even though it looks like my defense is leaking, so too is everyone else's. It crazy how close this table is. If I look at clubs within 5 points of me, that would include 2nd to 14th place. Yet another season that will inevitably come down to the wire.

13 March 2015

La_Stampa_logo.gif

Cerud Reaches 100 Mark Milestone with Pro Vercelli

The ucoming match against U.S. Grosseto F.C. will mark Cerud's 100th match as manager of Pro Vercelli. As he reaches this centennial mark, Cerud has turned the once storied club into a true contender in Italian football yet again. Two back-to-back promotions have the Bianche Casacche in Serie B bwin and fighting for more. Speaking to media, Cerud marked the occassion.

"Pro Vercelli has been a great ride. What we have been able to achieve here together is laudable. However, I don't see it as the end. Pro Vercelli was the most awarded club of its time 100 years ago. It would be nice to see the club returned to where they rightfully belong."

100v.png

2014-2015 Youth Candidates

Youth Candidates

youth15.png

There's a few candidates that have potential. Probably one of my better youth intakes.

Giuseppe Trabucco - D LC - Nothing really stands out too much, but he has decent levels across the board.

Fabio Olivetti - M R, AM RL - I like his acceleration and pace right now. Should continue to improve to have speed down the right side.

Loris Vason - M C, AM RC - Pretty happy with his physical stats all around.

March 2015 Update

The League

We were able to get back to our winning ways this month. Our loss against Nocerina was to the top club in the league, but should have only been a draw. They were awarded a penalty that never was. Even my tirade in the media afterwards was met by silence from the Italian FA. Still, 3 clean sheets is a very good set of results.

fixkt.png

The Standings

standd.png

Managerial Thoughts

In 3rd place and only 4 points off top spot. Never would I have thought this would be a possibility with only 10 matches left to go in the season. I am now stating explicitly that I want to at least make the playoffs. Ideally, an automatic spot would be great, but I don't want to get greedy just yet. It's interesting to see that it's not just us from the the Prima Divisione that's doing well. Cittadella who were promoted along with me is sitting in 6th place, the final playoff spot. This could shape up to be an interesting final quarter of the season!

April 2015 Update

The League

Alright, we're back on schedule and our winning ways. I'm happy with only 2 goals against in 4 matches. Taking on Siena was especially good as we lost to them earlier in the season and they were ahead of us in the standings. However, these 4 wins so late in the season have really shook the table.

In other news, Claudio Coralli has just broken a club record that has stood for over 100 years, since 1912. He now has scored the most goals in a season.

fixo.png

The Standings

stando.png

Managerial Thoughts

Uhh...what?!?! We are sitting in the top spot with 6 matches left to go. When we took out Siena, we jumped over the top two clubs and moved to top spot based on goal difference. Another win and we're now beginning to move up. Again, I don't want to be overconfident, but.... ;)

1 June 2015

sport.be.jpg

Beerschot AC Want Cerud

With Jos Daerden taking over the job at Standard, Pro Vercelli manager Cerud has emerged as the frontrunner for the newly vacant position at Beerscot AC. Cerud, who is currently in the midst of the final stretch of the Serie B bwin season, has been playing the opportunity cool, declining to comment.

beerschot.png

1 June 2015

13800255964a3fd557aec5c788939484_200x141.jpg

Cerud Moving to England?

With Jos Daerden taking over the job at Standard, Pro Vercelli manager Cerud has emerged as the frontrunner for the newly vacant position at Beerscot AC. Cerud, who is currently in the midst of the final stretch of the Serie B bwin season, has been playing the opportunity cool, declining to comment.

qpr.png

3 June 2015

tumblr_l9z2hysz0h1qd836so1_400.jpg

European Interest in Cerud Heats Up

Cerud has now emerged as the frontrunner to take over Swansea City now that Mike Phelan has taken over managerial duties at Tottenham Hotspur. The Pro Vercelli manager has become a hot commodiy for several clubs now, including other Premier League side QPR. It remains to be seen if the talented manager will look beyond Italy or not.

swansea.png

2014-2015 Season in Review

2nd Place - Automatic Promotion

The League

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - An unbelievable season that has now given us 3 promotions in a row! We have the top spot for the last few games, but just couldn't hold onto it. Still, a second place finish is an automatic promotion so we'll take it. If you look at our Past Positions graph, you can see how we became a better club as time progressed. I also think that our signings in the Januay transfer window helped immensely. With this, we now return Pro Vercelli to Serie A football!

The Cups

TIM Cup - We were out of this competition before our season even started. Serie A side, Cesena, took care of us pretty easily.

The Stats

Goals Scored - 93 (- 4 from last season, 1st in league)

Goals Conceded - 53 (+ 9 from last season, 11th in league)

Average Attendance - 4 125 (+ 721 from last season, 16th in league)

The Players

Squad | Transfers - There was significant movement in the squad at the beginning of the season due to back-to-back promotions. I expect I'll need to do it all over again now.

Matteo Bianchetti - D C - Bianchetti continues to grow into a top defender. He also contributes his fair share of goals off of set pieces.

Najib Ammari - M/AM L - When I brought Ammari in to run the left, I never thought that he'd grow with the club. Yet, here he is, still improving every year. He is a danger every time he has the ball, not only in setting up other players, but in scoring as well.

Riccardo Bocalon - ST - Bocalon still had a good year. While goal production went down, he still had 16 in all competitions. However, he was able to transition his game into a playmaker, with 15 assists.

Claudio Coralli - ST - Coralli broke our club record for most goals and the league record as well. He was a commanding presence on the pitch. He hasn't shown his age yet either, so I believe he has at least another good year in him.

The Backroom

Finances - We're making money now!

Facilities - Still the same. However, I did just get upgraded Junior Coaching.

juniorg.png

The Awards

The Goals Revisited

• Don't get relegated - Achieved. Yeah, took care of that.
  • Get fullback players - Achieved. One even made Team of the Year.
  • Make a profit - Achieved and we're officially in the black now.

Plans for Next Season

I have signed a new one year contract at $300 000/year. However, I am thinking about looking for a new challenge. The three jobs that my name was attached to - Swansea City, QPR, and Beerschot AC - have all been filled by others without an offer being sent to me. That's fine. I'm not sure where I'll look to move to of even if I will. It might be good to play a season in Serie A, I'm not sure yet.

On another note, I've finally been made a Favoured Personnel! I guess all it takes is 3 promotions.

Not sure why being linked to Swansea would be in a Yorkshire paper ;) Was wrong on the playoffs but in a good way.

Sure sure. Just using what news agency pops up when I get it in my inbox. I'm using the Real Names for Clubs, Awards, Competitions, etc mod and it includes one for news agencies. Must be from that.

1 July 2015

corrieredellasera_logo.png

Pro Vercelli Hiring as Cerud Exits

In a surprise announcement, Cerud has made public his resignation as manager of Pro Vercelli. Following his departure are Alfonso Azurza and Jérémy Denquin, two coaches on Cerud's backroom staff. After three promotions, the club has returned to Serie A TIM football. The whiplash of Pro Vercelli fans has been of shock and sadness. Earlier today, Cerud attempted to clarify his position.

"I have just returned from a meeting with [Chairman Mssimo] Secondo and handed him my resignation. My time with Pro Vercelli has been marked with triumphs. I have enjoyed my time at the club but feel that new challenges lie elsewhere. I appreciate the fans' contributions and know that they have a club to be proud of and to continue to be proud of."

Cerud leaves Pro Vercelli winning Manager of the Year once during his time there.

While this probably comes as a surprise, especially after I let go three potential jobs last month, I feel ready to move on. My stop in Italy has helped build my reputation to the point where I have some say in where I go to next. There's still a few places I want to go to before I make a bid for the top clubs and now is the time to do it.

silvioc.png

Managerial Club Record

proip.png

Plans

Time to find a job! I'm not sure where I'll end up, but it's likely that I'll be unemployed for a bit given tha most jobs have been filled.

6 July 2015

La_Cronica-logo-19A922F6EC-seeklogo.com.gif

Cerud moving to South America?

Argentinos has parted ways with Ricardo Caruso Lombardi after a season ending in relegation. The focal candidate that has emerged is newly unemployed manager Cerud. He has been unavailable for comment.

argentinosd.png

22 August 2015

eurosport.jpg

Cerud Speaks on Los Angeles Galazy Job

The firing of Aaron Winter has left the Galaxy without a manager and Cerud has been made the most likely candidate. In addition, and a surprise for the normally quiet Cerud, he has declared interest in the job. This marks the first time Cerud has openly commented on job opportunties anywhere.

"Los Angeles is a club that is underachieving. I would welcome the opportunity to offer my expertise in reviving them."

losangelesx.png

Los Angeles could be a hell of an adventure! Bringing some Galacticos to Galaxy and trying to fit in salary cap.

And Eurosport's logo. :D:applause:

Looks like you need to revive the lost Galaxy.
Galaxy could be very interesting.

The Galaxy do seem truly lost. Their squad is depleted. I wonder how they even field a decent starting XI.

Managing in America is a very different experience, almost like being in a different galaxy...

The North American experience makes sense to me, but I'm also Canadian, so the whole world of drafts, playoffs, etc. are in all our team sports. It adds a unique layer, even though it does remove the whole promotion/relegation battle, which I do love too.

Missed quite a bit,well done with Pro Vercelli and good luck at Galaxy.MLS is always a good amount of fun to play :D

Thanks, BWG!

Excellent job at Pro Vercelli Cerud. I would have had a crack at Serie A myself though.

Yeah, I thought about it, but had a bit of a falling out with the Board and Chairman over wage budgets. There are individual players that make more money in a season than what I was being offered as a wage budget for Serie A. I took it as kind of an insult.

27 August 2015

washington-post-large-logo-2.jpg

Cerud Takes Over the Galaxy

In a move that has been expected for some time, Canadian head coach Cerud has officially moved to MLS. The recent firing of Aaron Winter began speculation that the unemployed Cerud would be seeking the Los Angeles job and was further fuelled in a recent press conference Cerud gave a few days ago stating his intentions to return to soccer management. As he was presented in front of the Home Depot Center, Cerud stated:

"Coaching in the MLS has always been a dream for me and now I have that opportunity. The Galaxy have been a fixture in this league and are one of it's most successful clubs. My goal is to return that sense of glory and give LA yet another sports team to be proud of."

175px-Los_Angeles_Galaxy_logo.svg.png

Los Angeles Galaxy - Major League Soccer

I enjoy managing in the MLS. I find the thrill of the drafts exciting; I like trading players and speculating on multi-team deals. I grew up in a town where the NHL ruled all and hockey was a way of life so long is involved the colours of copper and blue (Go Oilers!). Moving to the MLS is something that I wanted to do and I figured now was the opportunity.

I've signed a deal until the end of 2016 at $1 000 000/year, my first million dollar contract! The Galazy are awash in money, so they can afford it.

About the Club

The LA Galaxy were created from other local clubs with the inception of Major League Soccer in 1996. They were one of ten teams in the league's inaugural season, which was created as part of the United States' bid to host the World Cup in 1994. While the team continued to be one of the better one's in the league, it was the signing of David Beckham in 2007, that began to make the MLS a serious league. The Los Angeles Galaxy were instrumental in the creation of the Designated Player rule, also known as the "David Beckham" rule, which has enabled the league to grow while still retaining a salary cap.

In this history, the club has won two league MLS Cups, three US Open Cups, and the CONCACAF Champions League once.

The Stats

Year Founded: 1996

Nickname: Galaxy

Fierce Rivals: Chivas USA

Other Rivals: San Jose, DC Unted

The Stadium - Home Depot Center

Year Built: 2003

Capacity: 27 000 all-seater

Owner/Rent: $750K/year

Facilities

Corporate: Average

Training: Top

Youth: Good

Junior Coaching: Average

Youth Recruitment: Above Average

Here is the Home Depot Center.

490497_640px.jpg?1219030286

The club is doing alright. Not good, not bad...just mediocre.

standoi.png

There's only 8 matches left in the season, so I'm not hoping out for a miracle. I figure we'll regroup and get ready for next year.

You should atleast be able to challenge for a play-off spot this season.

Should be possible, but the squad is really hurting. WOuld be nice though.

Also you need to add have a son in the Achievements :lol: anyways looks like a really good thread i will keep my eye on it :)

Cheers toonbalmy87! Although getting a son in this is more like a miracle instead of an achievement given how difficult it is to even become Favoured Personnel now. Thanks for following :)

I'm shocked Winter managed to get 37 points from that team before he got sacked!!!

Who are your DPs?

I'm shocked Winter got any points! My DPs right now are Robbie Keane, Juan Manuel Olivera, and Juliano. They're both signed until the end of 2016. I may try to change this later on but I still need to do a fully assessment of my squad.

2015 The Takeover

175px-Los_Angeles_Galaxy_logo.svg.png

Los Angeles Galaxy - Major League Soccer

The Galaxy have already played 26 matches of a 34 match season, so not much left to go.

The Stats

Major League Soccer: Win the MLS (will not be judged this year)

Lamar Hunt US Open Cup: Not regarded as important

Wage Budget: $16 415 610

Currently Spending: $6 370 374

Salary Cap: $3 254 867

Spending minus Allowance: $3 126 739 ($128 128 cap space available)

Allocation Funds: $690 853

Kit Sponsorship: $2.4M (expires 2018)

Additional Kit Sponsorship: $186K (expires 2018)

Additional Kit Sponsorship: $186K (expires 2017)

Average Ticket Price: $30.00

Average Season Ticket Price: $458.00

Season Ticket Holders: 7 890

Estimated Value: $175M

Standings - League | Conference

Past Positions - League | Conference

Fixtures - The playoffs are still possible; however, I don't see us having a good showing there. The squad's morale is horrible and it will take a while for the club and I to get to know one another.

Goals

• Hire a backroom staff
  • Make the playoffs

Not much else I can strive for this late in the season.

I expected things to be worse.

Thanks, deltablue ;) Somehow, this depleted squad was able to scratch out a season. I still think the squad need an overhaul, but I'll have to work with some of it for a while as I don't think other teams will trade for these large contracts.

Cheers toonbalmy87! Although getting a son in this is more like a miracle instead of an achievement given how difficult it is to even become Favoured Personnel now. Thanks for following

I know what you mean i was doing a challenge where i as at a club until 2041 i was a Legend in there information part Won EPL Chmpions League all the major cup with a team that started at the bottom of the English tier so BSQS and yet the didnt rename a stadium after me and i didnt have a son grrr :mad:

Anyways good luck with Galaxy i like the MLS but never seem to get a good player in the draft :lol:

I know what you mean i was doing a challenge where i as at a club until 2041 i was a Legend in there information part Won EPL Chmpions League all the major cup with a team that started at the bottom of the English tier so BSQS and yet the didnt rename a stadium after me and i didnt have a son grrr :mad:

Anyways good luck with Galaxy i like the MLS but never seem to get a good player in the draft :lol:

Thanks, toonbalmy87. I've had some luck in the draft in a save I had earlier with the Vancouver Whitcaps. Hopefully, I can renew some of that at the Galaxy :)

Good luck at Galaxy!

Cheers, Scarman!

Archived