Wigan - Onwards And Upwards

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update Three - Thirty Match Update

Summary

Well its been a massive month, seeing us fly to the top of the league, two massive games in a week against the two other title challngers Valencia and Athletico Madrid, were dealt with, with almost ease. That's put us well in the clear, I thought if we beat Bilbao away then that would essentially be the title won. Losing angered me, but we're still well on course with a very easy run-in. My target off 100 points, to break the La Liga points record (level with the real life one) is still very achievable. My issue is that CM are dropping like flys, forcing me to promote under-19's. But that is the Barca way! Winning the title is almost straight forward from here, but the Champions League looks extremley difficult, here's hoping!

League Table

ligabbvaoverviewstages.png

Fixtures

fcbarcelonafixturesfixt.png

Squad Performance

fcbarcelonasquadplayers.png

Arsenal Second Leg

barcelonavarsenalinform.png

We face Manchester City in the next round, in a monster Champions League tie.

UEFA Champions League

Not happy at all, we dominated the first game and should have put them to the sword instead they hit back in the blink of an eye and its 2-1. At the Etihad, we had no central midfielders and had to play youth players, and you know thats not a good sign.

I'm gutted, and Mr.Mourinho's got one over on Barca again!

First Leg

barcelonavmancitystatsm.png

Second Leg

mancityvbarcelonainform.png

End Of Season Update

Summary

Well a brilliant season, my first domestic title, and a record breaking season. The most points ever, the most goals ever. Highest ever goal difference. The most goals by a single player. (messi, who else)

A phenominal league campaign, i am very dissapointed that we could reign at Murrayfield and win the Champions league. I will go for another year with Barca and try and bag myself Old big ears.

In terms of where the league was one, it was the two game home stretch against Valencia and Madrid, after that it was all about getting to 100 points, we cruised there despite one game against Mallorca where we almost wanted to throw it away!

League Table

ligabbvaoverviewstagess.png

Fixtures

Squad Performance

Mallorca Game

mallorcavbarcelonainfor.png

UEFA Champions League

A massive game, Manchester City v Real Madrid. Jose Mourinho chasing his fourth, count it fourth Champions League with different clubs (Madrid, Porto and Inter previously) 7th in total. Jose had also chalked off ANOTHER, domestic league title on goal difference from Felix Magath's Manchester United. City were also gunning for their first ever Champions League victory, and too end the strangle hold the 'big two' in Spain have had on the competition since 2011.

Massamillaino Allegri, was chasing his 2nd trophy in his first year. He had an abbysmal league season, but has the Copa Del Ray under his belt and a chance to get one over on the man who walked out on Madrid.

The Final

rmadridvmancityinformat.png

So Mr Mourinho took it, the man who knocked me out got one over on his former club. He just guarentees success doesnt he? Manchester City's first ever Champions League and first ever domestic and european double.

Yaya Toure has come up with some big goals for that club, and none bigger than his extra-time winner at Murrayfield

Path to the Final

uefachampionsleagueover.png

Barcelona Review

La_Liga_Champions.jpg

Player Of The Season

The Little Maestro

lionelmessi0606_630.jpg

lionelmessioverviewattr.png

Top Five Moments

1 - Clinching the title at home

2 - Defeating Real Madrid at the Bernabeu

3 - Being appointed Barcelona Manager

4 - 12-1 win over Tenerife

5 - 73 Goals from Lionel Messi

Top Transfer Targets

Gareth Bale (is transfer listed by request - and availible for £22m)

Jack Wilshere (looking to replace Iniesta)

Pre-Season

First things first was that i re-arranged my contract, shortening it to one year

New Contract

oliverconnollynewsinbox.png

New Kits

barcakits.png

Transfers

barcelonatransfershisto.png

Transfer Summary

David De Gea - A free transfer I couldn't say no too, Will rotate with ter Stagen.

Rafael - Needed a RB who was willing to warm the bench after moving on Dani Alves and his ludicrous 175k a week at 34.

Gareth Bale - My top target at a reasonable £22m, allowed me to move out Bojan, will rotate with Alexis, Lucas and Neymar

Alex - A good good prospect, potential to replace Iniesta, or atleast allow me to shift another prospect or Fabregas into Iniesta's role - He has everything technical ability and a good physical presence. Really like the look of this lad

Fixtures

fcbarcelonafixturesfixtn.png

Season Seven - Update One - Ten Match Update

Summary

Well an interesting start to the season which saw us begin by demolishing Real Madrid 4-0 away. Since then its been up and down, only 1 defeat had seen us somehow in 5th place in the league. However with our games in hand we can fly above both Malaga and Zaragoza, our real competition is Madrid however, Allegri seems to be pulling things together, if we win our game in hand we're just one point behind them, win our home Classico and draw atleast away then we're champions.

A big plus for the season is once again Messi's form. This was the year i was going to start resting him more and use him more impactly, more rotation and even dropping him back to CM for some games. But his for has remained outstanding with 25 goals in 17 games, he's simply unstoppable.

300 Games In Management

oliverconnollynewsinbox.png

League Table

ligabbvaoverviewstagesh.png

Fixtures

Squad Performance

Update Two - Twenty Match Update

Summary

Well its been another good run of results, we've crusied into the knock-out phases of the Champions League. Into the semi-finals of the Copa Del Ray, using a second string XI.

In the league we have only dropped two points in ten games, but in La Liga, two points is two points too many. We top the table but Madrid have a game in hand, all roads lead to the Bernebau at the end of the season to decide the title.

I've been linked with Mario Gotze and i'm a huge fan, but to get him you have to play a huge premium, if im going to bring him in i'll look to finance the deal with the sales of Iker Muniain and Alexis Sanchez. I know i have a £300m transfer budget, but i like to be as near self sufficient in the transfer market as i can be.

League Table

ligabbvaoverviewstagesk.png

Fixtures

fcbarcelonafixturesfixtj.png

Squad Performance

UEFA Champions League Draw

uefachampionsleagueover.png

• 4 weeks later...

Archived