FM WeeGiE - Summer Transfer Update Thread

Michael F

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please clean your Temporary Internet Files from your browser (tools, delete browsing history, check only Temporary Internet Files) and flush your DNS cache (press Windows key on your keyboard (next to CTRL) and 'R' to open Run, type 'cmd' and click 'OK'. Type the command 'ipconfig /flushdns' and press 'Enter') and try again please.

No probs. And yeah seems it. Just found a couple of rather annoying things when starting a new game which I'll get sorted over the weekend :mad:

Well i'll take file tomoz if no one else as it, as i'll probably be ruff again :(:D

Hi,

i have not got the editor data folder. i lost everything on my computer when it got wiped and cant find the cd anymore so download the game through steam and it wokrs fine just cant seem to get this update working, i just went to check for the game is progarm files and there is no folder with sports interactive in there but there is one in the documents bit

Please read the thread. Post #354:

Yep we know. Thing is, the second leg of the Segunda playoff final isn't played until tomorrow so relegating Villarreal without a team to come up and replace them would make the Spanish leagues unplayable. It'll be done in our next release.

I don't really know where to put this but I've downloaded this file and Nik's updates, I'm playing as Blackburn in the Championship and for some reason I've only got 18 games scheduled? Does this happen for anyone else?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

edit: I had also added the new football leagues sub rule from Chris22, disabled that and started a new game and the schedule was fixed so nevermind!

Sorry what you have done with Rangers is totally wrong! The Club is still the same as it always has been and has not started in 2012 but in 1872. You now have the business name as the club name which is wrong also. The badge of the club remains the same also.

Can this please be changed?

This is mainly aimed at people who play in the Spanish leagues. We have released a hotfix which fixes the promotions/relegations of the top two divisions now they have all been confirmed:

http://www.fmweegie.co.uk/download.html

If you are having trouble linking to the new file, please do the following:

Please clean your Temporary Internet Files from your browser (tools, delete browsing history, check only Temporary Internet Files) and flush your DNS cache (press Windows key on your keyboard (next to CTRL) and 'R' to open Run, type 'cmd' and click 'OK'. Type the command 'ipconfig /flushdns' and press 'Enter') and try again please.

Sorry what you have done with Rangers is totally wrong! The Club is still the same as it always has been and has not started in 2012 but in 1872. You now have the business name as the club name which is wrong also. The badge of the club remains the same also.

Can this please be changed?

"The Rangers Football Club PLC is a public limited company registered in Scotland (company number: SC004276) and was incorporated on 27 May, 1899. When the current company is officially liquidated, all of its corporate business history will come to an end." It's an entirely new club/business. And we have no control over the badge/kits I'm afraid, that's a game issue because the old Rangers have a license.

So will you set up Leeds, Fiorentina and Celtic as per the most recent change in Company names? instead of the year the clubs were formed (just to name a few that have changed

The club has stayed the same ......I agree the business that owns the club has changed but not the club itself.

They weren't completely dissolved though were they? Not to this extent at least? This is similar to Chester City, Ilkeston. It's a whole new club as well as a new business.[/quote

For Fiorentina for definate the club ceased to operate and was re-formed as a new club and allowed to carry on the history of the old club.

But if you read statements from the administrators and HMRC they both state that in selling to Green the history of the club is not lost.

With Rangers the sale of the assets has happened before the liquidation of the old company (it hasn't even gone into liquidation yet so the club hasn't been liquidated at all). All that has happened is the transfer of all items of the club to a new company. The club was formed in 1872 and was then owned by RFC plc from 1899 as mentioned above, now the club is owned by The Rangers FC company.....nothing else has changed except for the name of the controlling company.

But, we may have to agree to disagree......

They weren't completely dissolved though were they? Not to this extent at least? This is similar to Chester City, Ilkeston. It's a whole new club as well as a new business.[/quote

For Fiorentina for definate the club ceased to operate and was re-formed as a new club and allowed to carry on the history of the old club.

But if you read statements from the administrators and HMRC they both state that in selling to Green the history of the club is not lost.

With Rangers the sale of the assets has happened before the liquidation of the old company (it hasn't even gone into liquidation yet so the club hasn't been liquidated at all). All that has happened is the transfer of all items of the club to a new company. The club was formed in 1872 and was then owned by RFC plc from 1899 as mentioned above, now the club is owned by The Rangers FC company.....nothing else has changed except for the name of the controlling company.

But, we may have to agree to disagree......

Odd one according to the BBC at least - the issue was raised by them mid-week and the feeling is that no matter how much the fans want to cling on to anything connected to the old Rangers then it won't happen. Once the club is liquidated their previous history title wins etc are gone no matter what whimsical ideas Mr Green has. Unless the SPL/SFA make Rangers a special case and I don't see them getting treatment other clubs would not the they would apply the laws and Rangers will be started as a new regime.

Odd one according to the BBC at least - the issue was raised by them mid-week and the feeling is that no matter how much the fans want to cling on to anything connected to the old Rangers then it won't happen. Once the club is liquidated their previous history title wins etc are gone no matter what whimsical ideas Mr Green has. Unless the SPL/SFA make Rangers a special case and I don't see them getting treatment other clubs would not the they would apply the laws and Rangers will be started as a new regime.

A lot of the ambiquty surrounds whether the club in association with the old company dies with it or the fact that the club and it's assets have been bought by the new company all association of the old company ceases to exsist. The later in my eyes has happened, but will accept any officail announcment that is made if I am wrong.

One thing for sure I am looking forward to however the saga plays out to FM13 it will be one hell of a game!

Cheers MG - I'll keep my edited file just for myself.

Archived