FM WeeGiE - Summer Transfer Update Thread

Michael F

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone is seeing the old download page, then please clear your temporary internet files (tools, delete browsing history, select temporary internet files) and open up a command prompt (press the Windows key (next to CTRL) + R together and the run command should pop up. Type cmd and press OK). Type the following command: ipconfig /flushdns and press enter. Then try and access the page again.

If anyone is seeing the old download page, then please clear your temporary internet files (tools, delete browsing history, select temporary internet files) and open up a command prompt (press the Windows key (next to CTRL) + R together and the run command should pop up. Type cmd and press OK). Type the following command: ipconfig /flushdns and press enter. Then try and access the page again.

or just press CTRL+F5 :)

@edit

for you guys getting the old download link, you gotta refresh the page before clicking on it, a simply CTROL+F5 instead of just F5 made it here.

thanks, that worked for me

@Helpless- Please check the post above, should sort it. Your browser is loading cached versions of the pages. That will clear your both your temporary internet files (which your browser uses to load pages quicker by finding old versions that it's already accessed) and your DNS cache (DNS is responsible for resolving the IP addresses to domain names).

And Philip, that doesn't always work unfortunately. This way is a bit more thorough and guaranteed to get the job done :)

Why, despite it being confirmed officialy by the club and other sources is Rangers history gone?

Is this just another example of the petty jealousy that has caused Scottish football to get to where it is today? Rangers history remains, FACT.

Don't see how us not adding in the history is petty jealously of Rangers, which as a Man Utd fan, why would I be jealous of Rangers? To answer your 'question', when the details of this whole fiasco started to be revealed, there was an article on the BBC site which stated the terms of a new company agreement and on that article it said that the history will NOT be carried over. The assets (training ground, stadium, club crest etc) were bought, but not the history. If you have proof of 'official confirmation' then please post it and we can verify it and get it added in, but as far as we're aware, the history belongs to the old Rangers.

Don't see how us not adding in the history is petty jealously of Rangers, which as a Man Utd fan, why would I be jealous of Rangers? To answer your 'question', when the details of this whole fiasco started to be revealed, there was an article on the BBC site which stated the terms of a new company agreement and on that article it said that the history will NOT be carried over. The assets (training ground, stadium, club crest etc) were bought, but not the history. If you have proof of 'official confirmation' then please post it and we can verify it and get it added in, but as far as we're aware, the history belongs to the old Rangers.

The BBC are about the least reliable source of info there is on Rangers. Would you accept comments from an official club spokesman and journalist?

Also, as Ter has stated in another thread, part of the purchase agreement which has been ratified include the history of Rangers FOOTBALL CLUB. IE there is a distinction between corporate entity and club.

No worries mate, and apologies if I came across as confrontational - just slightly tired of this argument being used as a stick to further beat Rangers with, when it has been disproven. In Scotland it appears the more you repeat a myth, the more people take it as fact. (BBC take note...)

This is from Ter:

The history was specifically mentioned in the purchase agreement between Charles Green and the administrators. Rangers as a football club will continue and add to the 140 years of footballing history regardless of whatever company is operating the football club.

These are direct quotes from Andrew Dickson (Rangers official club journalist) - check on twitter if you want:

Not tweeted about it since Fri/Sat but seems there's still a need to stress ‪#rangershistoryremains‬. I know most get it but some still don't
This isn't about who I support or work for. It's about getting people to accept a fact over misguided fiction... ‪#rangershistoryremains
The club which was formed in 1872 didn't die, it was the holding company formed in 1899 (RFC plc) which it was agreed will be wound up. The club itself lives on under a new holding company (The Rangers Football Club) - it's name will be formally changed from Sevco Scotland Ltd at the end of the month.
Yes, it's a new company but not a new club. Big difference - look at examples of Leeds, Boro, Bournemouth & Rotherham - they all became new is but clubs themselves didn't die, assets were transferred from one company to another

Hope that clears things up, and stops the commonly peddled (usually by fans of the second biggest club in Glasgow) myth that history has died.

If you need more info, Andrew Dickson is usually pretty responsive to enquiries.

Not sure if this is a little fault in the game at all. But with Rangers on the update every player(apart from a couple I managed to loan in) Don't have valuations on them. Also I give them new contracts see if it works but no change at all.

I managed to sell Broadfoot for 375k at the start, he was the only one with value. I offer players out to sell also, and some teams come in for them but never get sold and even when they offering contract it never comes up telling me it's rejected or accepted. I have had a few players like that since the start of the game which is in June and I am now in August about to start the season.

Just wanted to let you know about this. Could be hard to fix somehow.

Not sure if this is a little fault in the game at all. But with Rangers on the update every player(apart from a couple I managed to loan in) Don't have valuations on them. Also I give them new contracts see if it works but no change at all.

I managed to sell Broadfoot for 375k at the start, he was the only one with value. I offer players out to sell also, and some teams come in for them but never get sold and even when they offering contract it never comes up telling me it's rejected or accepted. I have had a few players like that since the start of the game which is in June and I am now in August about to start the season.

Could be a bug. I'll see if we can reproduce it here.

Chris Taylor has left Oldham for Millwall, and Zander Diamond is still listed as their Vice-Captain even though he has left the club

Will be sorted for next time, thanks :thup:

I've noticed this also, however it seems to appear after a couple of days. As I noticed this post before starting my save I checked at game startup and they have values (even had an offer for a few players), but now (I haven't even finished June yet) they all are valued at £0 and have an asking price of £0.

Hope you get this fixed, but besides that it's a great and incredibly thorough update! Great work guys! :thup:

Ok Rangers in SFL3 will be in tonights release, the changes are as follows:

Dunfermline have been reinstated to the Scottish Premier League

Queen of the South have been reinstated to the Scottish First Division

Stranraer are promoted to the Scottish Second Division

Rangers Newco are in Scottish Third Division

Newco Rangers will have a reputation of 4500

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/110747-newco-rangers-forced-to-start-in-division-three-after-crucial-sfl-vote/

"Mr Longmuir also confirmed that Rangers will take on the fixtures allocated to Stranraer in Division 3, with the Stair Park club moved into Division 2. Airdrie United will move up to to Division 1."

I feel this also backs up what I thought about Dundee getting promoted but no doubt the SPL will do the complete opposite.

Why, despite it being confirmed officialy by the club and other sources is Rangers history gone?

Is this just another example of the petty jealousy that has caused Scottish football to get to where it is today? Rangers history remains, FACT.

You can claim your father's legacy but you cannot claim his history! Sevco 5088 born in the year 2012 cannot have won a trophy from nineteen o blanc! Your club died, a newco has been formed, you have no history, that is FACT!

Scotland's u-19 league is now an u-20 league, pretty sure a goalkeeper of any age can play and a number of over age players.

Also sevco 5088 have a transfer ban of 12 months if im not mistaken? and pretty sure goian has now left the club along with Ortiz

Celtic didnt sign bosseo or fojut, whilst mo yaqub, tim mjallby and curtis jones have all left the club, mo signing for st.mirren and tim still training with celtic.

OK, decided I am going to close this thread soon, if your having any problems or would like to report a data issues please register on our Forums (quick registration required)

Please check out our Website when you can download our update, check out our FAQ page for support, find out more about us and also use the contact page if you want to contact us.

You can also contact us through the following:

Email: enquiries(at)fmweegie.co.uk

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/FM-We...75452925873863

Twitter: www.twitter.com/FMWeeGiEUpdate

Just to let you know, Port Vale have a new chairman called Keith Ryder and he has rid the club of all their debts so should put us with a positive balance again.

We look to be announcing the signing of Liam Dickinson soon, he is training with us currently.

Archived