Badstuber

Papadopoulos

Iniesta

M'Vila

Alonso

Dzagoez

Robben

Benzema

Tried to pick the starters from teams I thought would get through their groups..

Subs

Dunne, Shirikov, Gekas, some Swedish 3rd choice goalkeeper.

Mathijsen is doubtful for the first 2 games iirc

Been playing about with my squad for ages now, just remembered to join the OTF Leagues. Team as it stands:

Akinfeev

Zhirkov

Evra

Strinic

Iniesta

Elm

Rosicky

Schweinsteiger

CRonaldo

Benzema

Welbeck

Subs: Tzorvas, Coentrao, Duff, M. Olsson.

What do people think about unlimited free transfers at the 1/4 final stage, good move or should be restricted?

This is one of those where you can change the captain every day, isn't it?

Pick a cap and if you're not happy with the double score change it for the next day, etc

Yeah, just like the world cup one 2 years back.

2-5-3 formation is also possible btw.

You have one wildcard that you can use for unlimited transfers at any time during the tournament. Seeing as you get unlimited transfers after the group stage anyway and a handsome amount for the semis and final, most people will use it for GW2 or 3.

I picked based on who I think will go through the group stage, better chance of gaining points. Are you saying you can change your team completely before or after each game?

They have taken 'manager subs' from the other UEFA games. They're not essential but you can change players after each game. What happens is, for instance, you pick a Polish guy from the opening game and he only scores 2 so you can sub him out for a Swede and the Polish bloke will go to the bench with 0 points and you score from the Swede.

It's like hedging the bets a bit and it's hardly groundbreaking but if a Pole gets 1 and you can get a Swede in to score 7 then happy days!

Why do so many people pick Strinic? Never heard of the fella :o

Makes no sense as he never scored for us and had only 1 assist. Ever. Plus is among worst 2-3 players in our 23.

On the other hand Srna takes our corners, free kicks, penalties and crosses all the time. Is the 3rd leading scorer in our history (behind Šuker and Eduardo).

Tsorvas (unless someone tells me one of the other two'll be starting)

Chalkias started the latest friendly and was given the #1 shirt (if anything can be reliably read into that).

I'd also add that Germany shipped five against the Swiss and are in a group with very solid offensive teams (and not so good defensivly). Personally I'm going to make my two Germans offensive ones.

Makes no sense as he never scored for us and had only 1 assist. Ever. Plus is among worst 2-3 players in our 23.

On the other hand Srna takes our corners, free kicks, penalties and crosses all the time. Is the 3rd leading scorer in our history (behind Šuker and Eduardo).

The problem is people go with the players with the highest percentage of teams choosing then. Teams come in and just pick any old 4.0m defender without thinking much. New players come in and see that this bloke has X percent so choose him also ... it goes up and and up to the point others think everyone knows something they don't and also pick him :D

• SI Staff
The problem is people go with the players with the highest percentage of teams choosing then. Teams come in and just pick any old 4.0m defender without thinking much. New players come in and see that this bloke has X percent so choose him also ... it goes up and and up to the point others think everyone knows something they don't and also pick him :D

Yeah, that's why I asked - I mean, I can see people picking him as last player as they only have 4.0m left - but he got picked so many times, it's like there's something special about him - guess not then :D

• SI Staff
I only hope the Croat Manager is playing and he also thinks there's something about him he's missed so just plays him :p

Maybe he set up a fantasy team as well, and reckoned - "**** me... so many people selected Niko.. err Milan... no.. Ivica... er no it was Ivan.. I better play him now or I'll get slated if we don't pass the first round having not played him" ;)

Rui Patricio

Chiellini

Corluka

Piszczek

Kallstrom

Srna

Xavi

Ribery

Lewandowski

Ronaldo

Benzema

sub: Lindegaard, Shevchuk, Tzavellas, Stepanenko

This is my pick for now. But I will definitely make changes before the start because I've never heard of Tzavellas and Shevchuk:D

Why do so many people pick Strinic? Never heard of the fella :o

Ivan Strinic offers a cut-price route into the Croatian backline. Costing just 4.0, the left-back played eight times in qualifying and looks likely to get the nod over Danijel Pranjic in Bilic’s starting XI and is renowned for his strong delivery from the flank. A decent squad player for Fantasy managers, playing on the third day of each round means he’s easy to sub out if Croatia fail to deliver at the back and so far has been a popular pick, with more than 19% of Fantasy managers snapping up his services.

I'm quite happy with my team still, I expect Italy and Spain to go far and concede few goals, and the Germans/Ronaldo to score and assist quite a few. I read it as you get only £5m extra in round 2.

Next Matchday  Deadline            Free Transfers
Matchday 1     08 June 17:45 CET   Unlimited
Matchday 2     12 June 17:45 CET   1
Matchday 3     16 June 20:30 CET   1
Quarter-finals 21 June 20:30 CET   Unlimited
Semi-finals    27 June 20:30 CET   8
Final          01 July 20:30 CET   4

We have unlimited transfers now, before the tournament starts. Then have unlimited transfers again after the group stage (and get 5 mill extra). Then we have 8 free transfers for the semis, and 4 for the final.

On top of all those free transfers there's a wildcard that can be used at any time. As someone already said; it's a bit much really. Except for one matchday you can basically chop and change as you like with no forward planning.

Pretty much. Pick a team for the first round of games and then alter it when things are clearer or pick for the first two rounds and then change it for the last round when it's all up for grabs and then change again for 1/4s

Seems excessive. I found myself forcing myself to use the WC in the CL game

Must say I don't like the ability to substitute manually and change captain from day to day either.

Oh, a player didn't do well - I'll just "push restart" with a different/better player. It should have been "my fault for stupidly choosing him in my XI".

There's so many second chances in this game that it does my head in. ...and at the same time you have to be able to check in every day to tweek if you want to do well. (Which I won't be able to for at least one round. :-/ )

Current team for the first matchday:

Cech (vs Russia, 08/06)

Gebre Selassie (vs Russia, 08/06)

K Papadopoulos (vs Poland, 08/06)

Piszczek (vs Greece, 08/06)

Dzagoev (vs Czech Republic, 08/06)

Iniesta (vs Italy, 10/06)

Van der Vaart (vs Denmark, 09/06)

Ozil (vs Portugal, 09/06)

Lewandowski (vs Greece, 08/06)

Klose (vs Portugal, 09/06)

Torres (vs Italy, 10/06)

Subs:

Isaksson (vs Ukraine)

Granqvist (vs Ukraine)

Strinic (vs Ireland)

Perisic (vs Ireland)

Reasoning behind it is the following:

- Cech/Gebre Selassie play on the first gameday against Russia. I hope they keep a clean sheet, and if they don't, I have Dzagoev on the pitch who'll likely be involved in a lot of attacking plays for the Russians. If the Czechs don't keep a clean sheet I bring in Isaksson and Granqvist who have a pretty good match against Ukraine. If they do keep a clean sheet, I can bring in Perisic for Dzagoev.

- Poland (Piszczek) and Greece (Papadopoulos) also play each other. If either of them keeps a clean sheet, I can transfer the other out for Strinic/Perisic who have a good match against Ireland.

Plan is to use my wildcard after matchday one, and set my team up for the next two matchdays.

My concerns would be VdV, Torres and possibly Klose. Expensive players who are uncertain to start?

Klose is probably first choice. Torres I'd rate as 50/50 with Llorente. And I'd guess at VdV not being in the starting XI unless Snejider is out?

My concerns would be VdV, Torres and possibly Klose. Expensive players who are uncertain to start?

Klose is probably first choice. Torres I'd rate as 50/50 with Llorente. And I'd guess at VdV not being in the starting XI unless Snejider is out?

I'm quite confident Klose will be first choice, as Gomez hasn't really delivered for the NT yet, and Löw doesn't tend to pick his squad on club form. I'm not sure on VdV, might still swith him for Affelay. Sneijder left the pitch injured against Slovakia, with VdV coming on. Affelay on the other hand started the game, and had a stormer. Also quite sure Torres will get the nod because Del Bosque thinks he's undroppable. Scored as well last night.

There's Torres starting and there's Torres doing anything ... two different things as we have discussed this last year or so :p

Has been showing signs of improvement and growing confidence for Chelsea, but mostly he'll have much better service than he had at Chelsea.

Actually, does anyone else think there aren't really many forwards available which are sure to deliver?

I know, it's very up in the air. I'd happily for for Rooney if he wasn't banned with the thinking he should be in the mix of everything we do. I guess RvP can and does score against any level of opposition even though that's a tough group. Not sure I fancy Ronaldo or Klose if he's starting ahead of Gomez ... I think Ledonwski as he's in form and in an relatively easy group

Has been showing signs of improvement and growing confidence for Chelsea, but mostly he'll have much better service than he had at Chelsea.

Actually, does anyone else think there aren't really many forwards available which are sure to deliver?

Yep my thoughts exactly. It's a real lottery with the forwards for Euro 2012.

Benzema I think is possibly the nearest one to being able to rely on.

Archived