My Final Attempt before going back to fm11

manutdfan1999

so i decided to manage .............................................. SWINDON!

they appealed to me as they are faves for promotion.

been given 150k transfer budget and 34k wage budget (31k being used)

first priority is to get in a good left-back

swindontownfc.png

so preseason is finished and here are the results

2012043000001.jpg

so preseason was quite successful winning all but one and the draw was against a championship side so it pleased me.

now on to the transfers i didnt make many just a couple of loans.

2012043000004.jpg

this is my starting line up

2012043000002.jpg

a simple 4-4-2 with the left mid pushed further foward

so i still have all my transfer budget left with room in the wage budget in case i need to bring people in in january.

forgot to do the season expectations so here they are:

competition board/my expectations

league: win it/same

F.A. cup: 3rd round/same

carling cup: 2nd round/3rd round

jpt: not important/ semi's

the board have high expectations but so do i and for a club like swindon the expectations are reasonable

Ok ive got past janiary however ive decided this season ill only do a end of season update

Also is there any advice anyone could give me on how to improve my away record as i seem to be winning most home games only to undo my good work the next week by losing away

swindontownfc.png

2011/2012 End of Season Update

Finances: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/232/2012050300005q.jpg/

League Table: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/233/2012050300001w.jpg/

So the season ended with promotion which is a good thing however i was expected to win the league so its not as pleasing of a season as it could have been.

after getting to about noovember i knew the title was out of reach as southend had built up too big of a gap for me to catch up. and in febuary it looked as if i might not have even got automatic promotion but a good streak at the season meant i got 2nd.

on to the cups, well theres not much to say. I got knocked out the league cup at the first hurdle against coventry so it was acceptable but then I got knocked out the JPT in the 2nd round against Oxford in a game i should have won. The F.A. Cup was better as i got to the 3rd round where i got beat by Norwich.

so next season league 1 football awaits and im looking for a mid table finish. bye for now

can someone tell me how i link a screenshot to a word

Using Imageshack like you are.....upload the picture and then grab the link like you do. When you link it on here the whole code will pop up. Prior to clicking post reply, the code which you have linked will have [url................]Then after that it will have the same code again followed by[ /URL]. The bolded text (which will be the link when you are posting), highlight that and type what you wish there and then post.

That should work if my jiberish isnt to hard to follow :D.

Just got budgets for season ahead and here they are

2012050400002.jpg

so i got a decent transfer budget but not much room in the wage budget so im gonna have to use the slider to edit them and probaly rely on loans and freebies

Also im predicted to finish 12th which i think is quite high for a newly promoted team

swindontownfc.png

End of pre-season update 2012/2013

Media: 12th Title odds: 6-1

Transfer budget: 150k (0 remaining)

Wage budget: 32.6k (spending 34k)

expectations: board/mine

League: respectable position/Top Half maybe Play-Offs

League Cup: 2nd/same

F.A. Cup: 3rd round/Go as far as possible

JPT: Not Important/Same

Pre season is over and personally i think it went pretty well: fixtures

even though we didnt play the best of sides (excluding Rubin) its still a nice way to build confidence going into a new season.

I especially like the fact we kept three clean sheets and scored quite alot of goals. I suppose the only downside is that we lost by such a big margine against Rubin but other than that pre-season was good without any blimps.

on the tansfer front it was an average transfer window with roughly the same amount of players coming in as going out.

here they are Transfers

As you can see I didnt spend any of the money that came in but instead jst took advantage of the free transfer market and loan market to sign players to improve my team and give them a chance of achieving their goal.

Key Player: Matt Richie

Transfer Of The Window: Darren O'Dea

by the way i thought you might want to see our facilities and finances so here they are: finances and facilities

I thought i would share my tactic and starting line-up with whoevers following as it will give you an insight into how I like my teams to play so here it is:

2012050400012.jpg

it is basically a 4-1-2-1-2 with attacking mentality it relies on a AMC to provide assists and a good forward who'll score quite a few goals.

I went with attacking mentality as being a newly promoted team our defence isnt the best so i aim to out score the opposition

swindontownfc.png

Mid Season Update

League Table: Fixtures

2012050400013.jpg

WOW!:D For a newly promoted side im do amazingly well being 5th and not far off automatic promotion although I dont expect to get promoted.

Cups

I got knocked out the F.A. cup and JPT in the second rounds and the Carling Cup at the first hurdle so a fairly dissapointing cup campaign however i suppose it allows me to concentrate fully on the league.

And lastly here is the Team ratings

Archived