Sports Interactive Community
Swinburn

Awesome Regen Names

These kind of threads always cheer me up.

Need to get some screen print images up myself.

Not as good as some of these but one of my Viking FK youth newgens name is "Koko Kola" Swear FM does this on purpose lol.

Swear I was reading TomTucks career thread and one of his players were called Agu Du Du Du lol!

I've got Hassan Fernandez de la Iglesia in my Numancia u19 squad. He doesn't have good enough for Numancia, says my Ass. Manager, but I keep him just because of his name.

Russell Russell
Richard Richard

Seriously, how hard is that bug to fix?

I'll even write the code myself:-

IF firstname$ = lastname$ THEN GOTO choosename: END IF

I can take a cheque if you prefer. :)

Seriously, how hard is that bug to fix?

I'll even write the code myself:-

IF firstname$ = lastname$ THEN GOTO choosename: END IF

I can take a cheque if you prefer. :)

It's not a bug though is it? Neville Neville...

Prince Bossman - surely one of the coolest names ever?

I found a regen once called Seth Bossman, who had played 1 professional game, scored 3 goals, got a 10 rating and a red card. I knew he was a winner.

The best regens I've had have been an American called Randy Kox, a guy called Ronnie McDonald, just bought a German I like called Bram van Campenhout. Also like my japanese goal keeper Yuki Ono, like to think he says "Oh no!" whenever he lets a goal in, and I've had a Nigerian called Surprise.

Also, not so much funny, more anti-semitic - I've got a Spanish footballer called Kike Martinez.

Pretty solid name. No messin'.

JonjoSlaughterOverview_Information.png

It gets better: Plymouth in Montserrat is a ghost town! It's buried in ash and burnt down by the violent volcanic eruptions. You can't even go there, it's an exclusion zone!

Curiouser and curiouser...

boogers.png

Named after the contents of a Newcastle snot rag. Cue the dirty jokes about him being named after where he was conceived.

My old Viikingit save had a Thankgod Okoro and a Friday Monday come through the ranks

I had a Peter Kay regen before! My funniest is from FM12 I had a regen called Stephen Hawkin!

Jens Cuntz....the best part is my scouts convinced me to throw 10m at Hoffenheim for the kid as he is a potential world-beater in the making. And he's a massive **** too, all 6ft 5in of him :lol:

I just came across this player in my save:

Messi Mohammed

31-year old Cameroonian defensive midfielder who plays for a Thai team, with pretty good stats to boot.

Ruud Slot, way back in the day when you fell out with your friends over who signed Martin Palermo for £6.5million from Boca Juniors. Good old Ruud gave us a new name for ladybits that persists to this day...

I had a Chinese regen in FM 13 named Wang Long. When Chinese players retire their first/last names swap for whatever reason. So his name in the record books was Long Wang.

What.A.Thread.

Some of these names are amazing, I'll have to check out my youth intake more closely for some gems.

Here it is!

I remember John Motson's only funny piece of commentary, I think it was the 1998 World Cup but might be wrong about that. Nothing particularly exciting was happening on the pitch and the Germans were warming up a sub as play went down the wing with a Germany in possession dribbling.

"The Germans are looking to make a substitute. Kuntz."

I was ******* myself.

Found a good newgen player by the name of Ben Bonk who hails from Canada - he's not particularly great but I signed him because of his name.

From FM12 comes a real legend! SHAG JOHNSON!

Always made me chuckle. He used to come and watch one of my regens at Gillingham: Bobby Sancho. Thats how I knew of him

ShagJ.jpg

It took me three years (ingame) to realize the ambiguity the name of my midfielder Ufuk Sogut contained.