Awesome Regen Names

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to sign the midfield maestro Wonder Chunga just for his name. He wasn't really a maestro though, he was rubbish. No doubt it would have got old quite quickly when I was paying his wages to sit in the reserves - thank christ he didn't get his work permit.

McIntosh is quite a common surname actually.

Non-English people do have other ideas about strange names than English people. For me as a dutchman, Boy Waterman isn't very funny either like some other names in this thread. As you can see in the posters screenshot, he isn't English so MacIntosh isn't a common name for him. At Ajax, we had a youthplayer once whose name was MacIntosh either. The same jokes were made about him as in this thread because it's not a common name here.

Non-English people do have other ideas about strange names than English people. For me as a dutchman, Boy Waterman isn't very funny either like some other names in this thread. As you can see in the posters screenshot, he isn't English so MacIntosh isn't a common name for him. At Ajax, we had a youthplayer once whose name was MacIntosh either. The same jokes were made about him as in this thread because it's not a common name here.

I agree. MacIntosh, in Portugal, is very related with Apple's computers, not as surname. Maybe some Portuguese tradicional names and surnames, which is common for us, have different meanings in other languages (like Rui(?) in Polish, that means, i think, something a bit awkward that I won't say her... xD). That's why I post this screenshot...

I have a player named Jesús María. Not the best player around, but nonetheless I'll refuse to sell and he gets his fair share of games. With that name he can't be nothing but a relic :)

Wish I'd kept a screenshot at the time but in a FM2009 save I had an English regen with a Spanish second nationality called Jesus Philpott. Just looked so odd having such an exotic first name tagged onto a very British surname :D

I agree. MacIntosh, in Portugal, is very related with Apple's computers, not as surname. Maybe some Portuguese tradicional names and surnames, which is common for us, have different meanings in other languages (like Rui(?) in Polish, that means, i think, something a bit awkward that I won't say her... xD). That's why I post this screenshot...

I see. No wonder I didn't get it. I think the point of this thread is more to post regens called "Mike Hunt" rather than anyone called McDonald, Ford or Hoover.

It's pretty common for product names to be last names, and not just in the English-speaking world (the Mac is named after the McIntosh apple which is in turned named after John McIntosh, just like Ford is named after Henry Ford etc.). FYI all regen names are generated using the existing names in the database - so they are all real names that someone somewhere in the database already has.

I think there used to be a Dutch defender, Johann de Kok.. so, when they played England, and Seaman was in goal, you can imagine the commentary.....

I used to see a lot of russian regens called Kalashnikov, but I dont think I have seen many good ones on this version

Archived