cbcruz

Why would he do this!?

8 posts in this topic

(Man Utd) Pellegrini retires 6 days before the CL final against Liverpool.. The day after I was linked to the job, and on the night of the final I was offered the job. I declined though as I've been at Real for 6 seasons and wanna stay as long as possible.

... but why would you not wait a week to retire!?

Retirment date was set regardless of other events!

Why Man Utd would offer managers job on eve major final is confusing unless current manager was retiring?

I understand that, but surely, no managers in the world would retire 6 days before a CL final, even if he had already decided to retire on this day a year ago! He would set it back a week, no doubt.

And yes, that was weird. I probably would have rejected the offer even if I wanted to go there. It's just too unrealistic - both things, anyway.

I reported an issue before on a similar note with a manager changing jobs days before a Championship play-off final to a similar sized team that finished below mid table

Retirment date was set regardless of other events!

Why Man Utd would offer managers job on eve major final is confusing unless current manager was retiring?

I just read this post again. I think I misread it the first time.

He retired 6 days before the final. He quit the job. Started painting and playing golf. Walking his dog in the park. He retired lol.. The Ass Man was in charge the 6 days prior to the final, and I was offered the job on the day of the final. Again, none of this makes sense. I sure as hell wouldn't retire a week before a big event such as this. This could be a potential highlight of my career.

I reported an issue before on a similar note with a manager changing jobs days before a Championship play-off final to a similar sized team that finished below mid table

Yeah I've seen that too. Weird.

Not quite the same but I had Drogba retire 2 games into a World Cup group stage. I had won them both as well, so its not like he retired from dissillusionment (this may have been fm11 tho, so may well be fixed)

I guess, the board of Manutd cant wait another week.

Check the table of PL out. if it is the case, manutd must not be top 1.